PDA

View Full Version : FourFourTwo "key man" for each club

Bad Habits
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Just picked up the latest copy and for people who don't know it has a season preview this months issue in each year. for each team it has a prediction etc. and fans opinions, it also has a key player for each team. I counted 6, yes 6 ex-Hibernian players who are now the 'Key Man' for there clubs next year. some are obvious or well publicised but others are fairly strange.

Sunderland: Fletcher
Doncaster: Jones
Carlisle: O'Hanlon?!?! (been a rock since signing in January apparently)
Brentord: Donaldson
Partick Thistle: Sean Welsh
Dundee United: John Rankin

mind ours is James McPake, who to be fair would be our key man if he steers clear from injury

:dunno:

LongshanksED
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
McPake should never & hopefully never be our key man

Would imagine Rowan Vine or Liam Craig would be our man men this year

Bad Habits
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Im hoping for that too, think Taiwo will be one of the main players for us aswell

jdships
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM

:thumbsup:
on all counts !!

Eyrie
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Right now I'd say Williams, but I'm hoping for Harris, Craig or Collins.

Purehibee_MYB
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
For me our Key man would be Thomson or Harris this season. I think if Harris is having a good game he can put chances on a plate for even an incompetent fool such as myself. As for Thomson he can boss any midfield on his day. As for the ex-players its a trait that seems to frequently occur with our rejects, although 2 of them are not rejects, they simply moved on

Part/Time Supporter
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
John Rankin = key man for Dundee United?

Mind-bending drugs can be the only explanation.

Bad Habits
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
John Rankin = key man for Dundee United?

Mind-bending drugs can be the only explanation.

I always rated him TBH, good player. but he was unfortunately exactly the wrong sort of player we needed at the time, I honestly think he would do well in our current squad

DH1875
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM

How times have changed EH. Remember the out cry when it looked like we might have missed out on making McPake a permanent deal. There were folk on here comparing him to Sauzee and everything.

easty
01-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I always rated him TBH, good player. but he was unfortunately exactly the wrong sort of player we needed at the time, I honestly think he would do well in our current squad

another centre-mid?

Col2
01-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Griffiths is our main man again

West hamBERNIAN
01-08-2013, 09:15 PM

I'd be absolutely delighted if mcpake turned out to be our rock this year, not likely but with the wage he's probably on he should be.

LongshanksED
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
How times have changed EH. Remember the out cry when it looked like we might have missed out on making McPake a permanent deal. There were folk on here comparing him to Sauzee and everything.

Not for me. Never rated him from day one and certainly never wanted him to sign a permanent contract. He helped steady (to an extent) a very poor defence when he came in on loan. Sure it's a different era but he wouldn't get a look in some of our past defences. Can you see him in the same light as sauzee or rob jones?

SaulGoodman
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Griffiths is our main man again

Stop getting me excited:(

DH1875
01-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Not for me. Never rated him from day one and certainly never wanted him to sign a permanent contract. He helped steady (to an extent) a very poor defence when he came in on loan. Sure it's a different era but he wouldn't get a look in some of our past defences. Can you see him in the same light as sauzee or rob jones?

Nah, but that's not what I'm saying. How much is he on per week? Reckon he's easily one of our top earners.

QMU-1875
01-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Full faith that if he can get over the injury that he will be our key man. He is clearly a great player!

Gustavo Fring
01-08-2013, 09:48 PM
mcgivern if he stays fit

frazeHFC
01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Right now I'd say Williams, but I'm hoping for Harris, Craig or Collins.

The latter 3 plus Taiwo will hopefully and probably be our key players this season.

--------
02-08-2013, 02:13 AM

There are folk on here who wouldn't recognise a decent footballer if he was wearing a Barca shirt with a number 120 on the back and "Messi" printed on it.

A fit McPake would be able to do a job for us, but he isn't fit and IMO he's very unlikely ever to be.

Ritchie
02-08-2013, 06:10 AM
mcgivern if he stays fit

Sorry, I haven't seen anything of mcgivern yet that suggests he'll be our main man!

wish pat would play him and centre back cause he's not a left back

Winston Ingram
02-08-2013, 06:33 AM

Is there anything to rate other than he can run alot?

He was technically abysmal and an awful decision maker in possession

RIP
02-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Quite a few decent pros have flowed through our squad but with the constant revolving door policy we were unable to get the best out of them. Vaz Te was another example. Sproule didn't do too bad at Ross County either and Spoony is off to a flier at Saints

To build a team you need a settled squad with players playing the same positions.

Not at Hibs it seems

IanM
02-08-2013, 09:23 AM
With a run in the team I think Robertson might surprise everyone and be the driving force from midfield which creates our goals this year.

I don't think defensivly he's as strong but give him his chance, free role in midfield and I think we'll see a different player this year, he'll be our key man if he's as creative as I think he can be