PDA

View Full Version : Which SPL manager is most likely to be the 1st to get the sack?

theonlywayisup
30-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Which SPL manager do you think is most likely to be the 1st to get the sack?

Latest odds

4/1 Gary Locke
4/1 Pat Fenlon
6/1 Allan Johnston
7/1 Alan Archibald
7/1 Danny Lennon
12/1 Jackie McNamara
14/1 Derek Adams
14/1 Derek McInnes
14/1 Stuart McCall
14/1 Terry Butcher
14/1 Tommy Wright
50/1 Neil Lennon

NOTE: Manager leaving post does not count. Nor the club no longer existing (i.e. liquidation).

lord bunberry
30-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I wonder were this is going

Aldo
30-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I wonder were this is going

I wonder indeed.

theonlywayisup
Tough call. I think Hibs will do ok this season and Fenlon will not be sacked. Hertz will be liquidated and Locke will hang around like a bad smell. Out of the rest, not sure about St. Mirren, so plumped for Lennon.

eezyrider
I voted for PF but have just thought to myself "who will last the longest, PF or Hearts?" On reflection Hearts will go soonest, so I should have voted Gary Locke.

EZ

Keith_M
30-07-2013, 04:53 PM
If 'made reduntant' has the same meaning, it has to be Locke.

Onceinawhile
30-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Locke will lose his job first, but if that doesn't count why is he favourite with the bookies? Has an admin. Ever sacked a manager?

I think its between Danny Lennon (unless he can dine out on the cup win) pat fenlon and Jackie Mac. I've not been massively impressed with Dundee United's signings and they have lost a few key players.

vanNISHtelroy
30-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Don't think anyone should be wasting any money on Magic to be the first to go tbh!

jgl07
30-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Locke will lose his job first, but if that doesn't count why is he favourite with the bookies? Has an admin. Ever sacked a manager?

Did the administrators for Dundee (second time) make the manager redundant in a cost cutting move?

portyhibernian
30-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Chosen our own manager I'm afraid. A good start to the season is absolutely crucial but I can't see us beating Motherwell on the first day. I reckon Rod will maybe review his position after the first 11 games, if it doesn't make for good reading can see him going.

vanNISHtelroy
30-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Chose Danny Lennon cos they had a poor season and got by because of the cup win :aok: And it wouldn't be like someone would be stupid enough to sack a manager a season after winning a trophy for a team who very rarely has success to celebrate! :wink:

Makaveli
30-07-2013, 06:00 PM

Latest odds

4/1 Gary Locke
4/1 Pat Fenlon
6/1 Allan Johnston
7/1 Alan Archibald
7/1 Danny Lennon
12/1 Jackie McNamara
14/1 Derek Adams
14/1 Derek McInnes
14/1 Stuart McCall
14/1 Terry Butcher
14/1 Tommy Wright
50/1 Neil Lennon

NOTE: Manager leaving post does not count. Nor the club no longer existing (i.e. liquidation).

Fenlon is still evens in the only active market I can see (Paddy Power).

Locke looks huge at 6/1 but the terms are ambiguous: "Applies to next manager to leave his position by any means whether it's by resigning or getting sacked." — Obviously with the Hearts situation "any means" may include something other than resigning or being sacked.

Edit: voted Locke on the basis that they're about to go pop, but Pat is obviously favourite to be sacked.

Hibs07p
30-07-2013, 06:18 PM
The first manager out of a job will be Locke for obvious reasons so he gets the vote. The pain has eased from last week, and hopefully there is a major reaction as we go into the start of the season. Apart from Pat and Locke, I only see one other candidate and that is Danny Lennon, although Hearts demise should keep him in a job.

GGTTH

Centre Hawf
30-07-2013, 06:54 PM
It's hard to really say, the obvious choices would be Danny Lennon and Gary Locke mostly because of the club they're at but I think Danny Lennon is pretty safe in his job for the whole season and I highly doubt Hearts would sack Gary Locke. I suppose it comes down to what of the "top 6 contending teams" collapse first. Sadly for us we've looked like that team.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't see Gary Locke getting the sack any time soon, certainly not for underperformance, which I think this poll is all about.

He's in a no lose situation this season since they're expected to go down. If they do get relegated then no-one's surprised and if he keeps them up then he's a hero.

KWJ
30-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Is redundant the same as being sacked? That'd be good money then.

I went for Derek McInnes FWIW.

theonlywayisup
03-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Tough call. I think Hibs will do ok this season and Fenlon will not be sacked. Hertz will be liquidated and Locke will hang around like a bad smell. Out of the rest, not sure about St. Mirren, so plumped for Lennon.

Danny Lennon looks like a good option at the moment.

theonlywayisup
04-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Tomorrow could be Danny Lennon's last game as a St. Mirren manager. I really hope he gets his team up for the game and get a resounding win.

fat freddy
04-10-2013, 07:51 PM
if he comes away with a draw i reckon he'll keep his job.....for now

monktonharp
04-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Tomorrow could be Danny Lennon's last game as a St. Mirren manager. I really hope he gets his team up for the game and get a resounding win.they're on the way back. a fighting draw against a fairly good dons side, fancy them to shock some folk this weekend:cb

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2013, 09:29 PM

Latest odds

4/1 Gary Locke
4/1 Pat Fenlon
6/1 Allan Johnston
7/1 Alan Archibald
7/1 Danny Lennon
12/1 Jackie McNamara
14/1 Derek Adams
14/1 Derek McInnes
14/1 Stuart McCall
14/1 Terry Butcher
14/1 Tommy Wright
50/1 Neil Lennon

Lennon is a stick-on. Hibs are too tight and Hearts are too skint to get rid of their present incumbents before the end of the season.

monktonharp
04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Lennon is a stick-on. Hibs are too tight and Hearts are too skint to get rid of their present incumbents before the end of the season.

hang on Bob.If that betting list was for any manager leaving by any means, as previously mentioned, Alan Johnston could be right in the mix given the goings on at Killie?:confused:

monktonharp
05-10-2013, 04:39 PM
they're on the way back. a fighting draw against a fairly good dons side, fancy them to shock some folk this weekend:cb oooooooooooooh! so pleased :smug:

erin go bragh
06-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Fenlon looked a stick on , then Lennon but now its Johnston
at Killie,s turn .

Ggtth

heretoday
07-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Pat Fenlon.

SMAXXA
07-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Can't believe Fenlons go so many votes and Allan Johnson hasn't got any. Id vote for him, terrible start to the season and staring relegation in the face on current results. Can a club like Killi afford not to sack him if this continues much longer?

also if we win tonight we will be joint 4th, don't we this as sacking material.

Jones28
07-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Has to be Alan Johnson. Saints win against hearts has bought Lennon some time, not to mention a vital 3 points!

On another note, could killie survive relegatation with their finances in such a mess?

Hibbyradge
07-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Can't believe Fenlons go so many votes and Allan Johnson hasn't got any. Id vote for him, terrible start to the season and staring relegation in the face on current results. Can a club like Killi afford not to sack him if this continues much longer?

also if we win tonight we will be joint 4th, don't we this as sacking material.

The poll was created a few days after the Malmo game.

Andy74
07-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Has to be Alan Johnson. Saints win against hearts has bought Lennon some time, not to mention a vital 3 points!

On another note, could killie survive relegatation with their finances in such a mess?

Worst case. Killie go into admin this year and Hearts get saved. Gonna happen!

vanNISHtelroy
07-10-2013, 09:10 AM

Think MJ won't admit that he has made a mistake in appointing magic so can't see him being sacked anytime soon.

SMAXXA
07-10-2013, 09:12 AM
The poll was created a few days after the Malmo game.

That would make sense, thanks bud.

theonlywayisup
02-11-2013, 07:07 PM

Latest odds

4/1 Gary Locke
4/1 Pat Fenlon
6/1 Allan Johnston
7/1 Alan Archibald
7/1 Danny Lennon
12/1 Jackie McNamara
14/1 Derek Adams
14/1 Derek McInnes
14/1 Stuart McCall
14/1 Terry Butcher
14/1 Tommy Wright
50/1 Neil Lennon

Well................Fenlon was first to leave his manager's job, but did he get the sack?