PDA

View Full Version : Email to Rod Petrie

fleethibee
30-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I sent an email to the board last week after the thrashing by Malmo. I was expecting, if nothing else, an acknowledgement. What did I get ............ nothing. So I've sent Mr Petrie another today. Will I get a reply, doubt it. However, this just shows the kind of total malaise within Easter Road, they appear to me to be keeping their heads down instead of trying to steady the ship and at the very least communicating with the club's supporters.

jonty
30-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Perhaps you need Sidney to help out?

greenlex
30-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Steady the ship or answer e mails?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I guess Fleet maybe a little far but there's a wee meeting coming up with LWT..

Viva_Palmeiras
30-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Perhaps you need Sidney to help out?

Basildon Bond has never had it so good! And when his wife finds out she'll be furious ;)

JDHibs
30-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Sorry but how many other idiots are emailing him?! Do you really think he needs to be told what an embarrassment was last week?! Would you not rather he spend every day trying to fix the club, or would you rather he sat down and he replied to every single angry person who wastes there time and his stating the obvious? Get a grip!!

PatHead
30-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Sure he has got better things to do with his time than replying to every email he gets. Perhaps he is trying to agree terms with another player, find out Pat's plans and thoughts going forward, help get things ready for the new season, take part in a debate about Hearts at the SFA headquarters? Why don't you go to the LWT meeting where the board will be represented and ask your questions there? Funny how this was posted just as someone commented on the LWT thread about folk that can't be bothered going would be making postings such as yours. Funny how few posting you have made since 2007 then you come out with this. Maybe you would be better keeping an eye on Brokeback or baking a cake to save a once famous club.

Mikey
30-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Fire a copy up. It would be good to see what he's ignoring.

GraniteCityHibs
30-07-2013, 12:23 PM
sorry but how many other idiots are emailing him?! Do you really think he needs to be told what an embarrassment was last week?! Would you not rather he spend every day trying to fix the club, or would you rather he sat down and he replied to every single angry person who wastes there time and his stating the obvious? Get a grip!!

this!!

Speedway
30-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I sent an email to the board last week after the thrashing by Malmo. I was expecting, if nothing else, an acknowledgement. What did I get ............ nothing. So I've sent Mr Petrie another today. Will I get a reply, doubt it. However, this just shows the kind of total malaise within Easter Road, they appear to me to be keeping their heads down instead of trying to steady the ship and at the very least communicating with the club's supporters.

Dear Fleet Hibie,

Dank ya' fo' yo' email which ah' found in mah' spam flita' whilst lookin' fo' de growd enlargement email ah' deleted. ah' ain't noted da damn points ya' highlighted.

To be fair pal, ah' duzn't care whut ya' dink. Ya' know? You's duzn't know nuthin about runnin' some ball some club, so's why on eard would ah' wuzte mah' time eyeballin' yo' reacshunary rolll. Could ya' assemble some betta' side? No! Right on! Could ya' run some ball club? No! Right on! So's who cares?

Yo' 'opinions' such as dey are, is about as well fo'med as Stevie Fulton's coupon. 'S coo', bro. Dey is also repeated parrot fashion by de oda' couple uh hundred emails we dig afta' any baaaad defeat. Man! Yeah, duzn't tell me 'Fenlon out' o' sump'n. Very baaaad.

Bottom line, when we provide fo'ums t'get da damn 'suppo'ters' involved in runnin' de club, nae **** turns down cuz' den ya''d gots'ta provide actual solushuns t'de issues ya' raise and deal wid doodads likes reality and trud. Youse much happia' bein' some victim and ah' duzn't care if ya' is a season ticket holder. Ah be baaad... dat's £300 spent WHOOOOPIE DOOOOOOOOO. You's real is ridiculous in every conceivable way. Slap mah fro!

Now, I've gots two goats fum caterin' comin' t'see me in some minute so's I suppose I'd betta' make an effo't so's erm, yeah, dank ya' fo' cintued suppo't errr we's all wo'kin' togeda' to make da damn Hibernian fammily de pinnacle uh ermm Spo'tin' whuteva' and compete at da damn top end uh de table t'achieve spo'tin' success o' sump'n.

Now do one and let's neva' hear fum ya' again. 'S coo', bro.

All de best

Roderick Petrie.

Shaggy

Seriously... Calculate how many minutes it would take to read/think about/then respond per email.... times that by thousands and how many could you do in a week?

They do get back through time to serious points, but this will just be a deluge of abuse just now.
Keep the faith, we will improve through August.:flag:

easty
I sent Petrie a note on carrier pigeon as soon as I got home from the Malmo game and he still hasnt replied, or returned my pigeon. Disgraceful way to run a football club.

Ray_
30-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Sorry but how many other idiots are emailing him?! Do you really think he needs to be told what an embarrassment was last week?! Would you not rather he spend every day trying to fix the club, or would you rather he sat down and he replied to every single angry person who wastes there time and his stating the obvious? Get a grip!!

I've known MD's of bigger business than Hibs replying to customer emails, I would suggest it is an embarrassment calling people you don't know idiots, for all you know, Trev may be a youngster.

Sumner
30-07-2013, 12:33 PM
I sent Paul McCartney an email saying reform the band,
and I'll play lead electric kettle replacing Beatle Ed.
Not a peep, damn busy millionaire rock stars.
Glad I never even bothered typing one to the Tache.

Wing Half
30-07-2013, 12:35 PM
No wonder - Macca IS Beatle Ed

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I sent Paul McCartney an email saying reform the band,
and I'll play lead electric kettle replacing Beatle Ed.
Not a peep, damn busy millionaire rock stars.
Glad I never even bothered typing one to the Tache.

Did you mean the Beatles, or Wings, the band they could have been?

Treadstone
30-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Did you mean the Beatles, or Wings, the band they could have been?

Partridge. A-ha.:greengrin

Beefster
30-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Anyone who thinks that Rodders has to read an email for Hibs to respond shouldn't be calling anyone else an idiot.

Writing emails isnt my thing but supporters get criticised on here for not going along to Q&As to let their feelings be known but then mocked for trying to engage the club in other ways.

MB62
30-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Maybe if the Tache could have taken the time to put his thoughts on the official site, Hibs fans (or idiots as some refer to them) would not feel the desire to e-mail him.

It seems to me that the board/Rod have taken the attitude of '0-7! ach just ignore it, it will go away eventually and the IDIOTS will still up every week anyway'.

fleethibee
30-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Many thanks for your supportive responses. I particularly like the one that calls me an idiot. My post was supposed to be my view on how I see the club, remember I said MY view.

flash
30-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Maybe if the Tache could have taken the time to put his thoughts on the official site, Hibs fans (or idiots as some refer to them) would not feel the desire to e-mail him.

It seems to me that the board/Rod have taken the attitude of '0-7! ach just ignore it, it will go away eventually and the IDIOTS will still up every week anyway'.

Why would anyone want him to do that?

silverhibee
30-07-2013, 12:53 PM
I sent Petrie a note on carrier pigeon as soon as I got home from the Malmo game and he still hasnt replied, or returned my pigeon. Disgraceful way to run a football club.

http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/cw/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pigeon.jpg

:tee hee:

Mikey
30-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Many thanks for your supportive responses. I particularly like the one that calls me an idiot. My post was supposed to be my view on how I see the club, remember I said MY view.

What did your e-mail say?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-07-2013, 12:58 PM

i got a telegram through the other day in error... Makes sense now...

Got the pigeon. Tasted wonderful. Many thanks. Rod. STOP

fleethibee
30-07-2013, 01:00 PM
At least someone is now acknowledging. They have just responded by saying Thank you for your email it has been passed to the relevant department for their attention they will responded in due course.

regards.

Reception

The Hibernian Football Club Limited

Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG

Phone

+44 (0) 131 661 2159

Fax

+44 (0) 131 659 6488

www.hibernianfc.co.uk (blocked::http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/)

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2013, 01:01 PM

The fact that Rod is ignoring you is probably that he thinks you are a Yam on the windup. It's his defence for any uncomfortable questions.

"Mr" Petrie is usually a better approach for this sort of thing. Shows the proper respect and deference.

Can I ask, have you considered UPPER CASE to emphasise HOW MUCH THIS MEANS? It is also customary to respectfully point out you KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE!!!!

If all else fails, threaten to kill him, it worked for the Yams.

The Green Goblin
30-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Fire a copy up. It would be good to see what he's ignoring.

At least someone is now acknowledging. They have just responded by saying Thank you for your email it has been passed to the relevant department for their attention they will responded in due course.

regards.

Reception

Phone
+44 (0) 131 661 2159

Fax
+44 (0) 131 659 6488

Can you post a copy on here? I would like to read it too. I fear for Mikey though. He must be feeling a bit like you at the moment, with all those requests going unanswered. :greengrin

GG

Viva_Palmeiras
30-07-2013, 01:07 PM

It was his view in pictorial form...

AinsterHibs
30-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Got the pigeon. Tasted wonderful. Many thanks. Rod. Stop

pmsl

DanHFC1875
30-07-2013, 01:12 PM

I agree with the above. Think some people are far to quick to jump down peoples throats on here at times. An official statement should have been made. There was an excellent turn out by the fans,..... Oh and guess what I left at half time.

Awaiting the abuse. ;-)

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I agree with the above. Think some people are far to quick to jump down peoples throats on here at times. An official statement should have been made. There was an excellent turn out by the fans,..... Oh and guess what I left at half time.

Awaiting the abuse. ;-)

I think the score is all the statement that's needed. Give it a few weeks, and it will be clearer how bad we really are, or not. Until that time, there is no need to add fuel to the fire.

What do you believe an official statement should aim to achieve, and what should it have contained?

McSwanky
30-07-2013, 01:22 PM

regards.

Reception

Phone

+44 (0) 131 661 2159

Fax

+44 (0) 131 659 6488

That's a rank amateur response from the club. Can't even get their punctuation and grammar right.

...unless, of course, they didn't send that response at all...

brian6-2
30-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Some real comedians on here....................

marinello59
30-07-2013, 01:26 PM

What could Rod Petrie have said that would have satisfied everybody calling for an official statement? If bland press releases are your thing then make your own up. These things follow a standard format don't they?
I really couldn't give a toss what the club says, I am more interested in what they do.

blindsummit
30-07-2013, 01:29 PM

I believe the pigeon did make a nutritious and tasty snack for Rod though. :greengrin

MB62
30-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Why would anyone want him to do that?

Why would any Hibs fan NOT want him to do that?
Are you not interested in where he thinks we are going as a club, except maybe down) or if he has sat down with the manager and asked where he sees the problems and what is needed to fix them and if there are still funds available to improve the squad before the end of January?
Plenty things I would like to know following the latest debacle and it would be good to hear that the board/Rod are actually concerned about things too.

Something along the lines of

Dear Hibernian Supporters,

Following the disappointment of our recent European results, the board invited manager Pat Fenlon in for discussions to hear where he felt things had gone wrong and what he feels needs to improve to put things right and what the board can do to assist him in this matter.
Funds have been provided to the manager to bring in signings in the shape of Liam Craig, OTJ and more recently J.C. and whilst we are disappointed to have missed out on one or two others, the manager does have a certain amount of limited funds available if the right player comes to his attention.
Having once again turned out in great numbers, the fans were yet again let down badly and whilst we would like to stress that the manager has the full support of the board at this time, it has been made clear that similar disappointments and performances cannot continue for an indefinite period and that these will be expected to improve in the coming season.
In the meantime, the manager continues his search for players that he feels will improve the quality of the squad and the board will do everything they can, within our financial constraints, to support him in this quest.

Thank you to all the Hibernian fans for your hoped for continued support.

Yours faithfully
Rod the Tache

Something like that, says to me that the board actually have taken an interest and told the manager, 'your job is on the line if results don't improve'.

At the moment, it doesn't feel like the board care one way or the other what happens.

PatHead
30-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Imagine the fun the press would have with that. I do think a small statement along the lines of how they felt our pain would have been suitably condescending though. It is a lose/lose situation they (the board) are in.

easty
30-07-2013, 01:44 PM
http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/cw/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pigeon.jpg

:tee hee:

Got the pigeon. Tasted wonderful. Many thanks. Rod. STOP

:aok:

lord bunberry
30-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Why would any Hibs fan NOT want him to do that?
Are you not interested in where he thinks we are going as a club, except maybe down) or if he has sat down with the manager and asked where he sees the problems and what is needed to fix them and if there are still funds available to improve the squad before the end of January?
Plenty things I would like to know following the latest debacle and it would be good to hear that the board/Rod are actually concerned about things too.

Something along the lines of

Dear Hibernian Supporters,

Following the disappointment of our recent European results, the board invited manager Pat Fenlon in for discussions to hear where he felt things had gone wrong and what he feels needs to improve to put things right and what the board can do to assist him in this matter.
Funds have been provided to the manager to bring in signings in the shape of Liam Craig, OTJ and more recently J.C. and whilst we are disappointed to have missed out on one or two others, the manager does have a certain amount of limited funds available if the right player comes to his attention.
Having once again turned out in great numbers, the fans were yet again let down badly and whilst we would like to stress that the manager has the full support of the board at this time, it has been made clear that similar disappointments and performances cannot continue for an indefinite period and that these will be expected to improve in the coming season.
In the meantime, the manager continues his search for players that he feels will improve the quality of the squad and the board will do everything they can, within our financial constraints, to support him in this quest.

Thank you to all the Hibernian fans for your hoped for continued support.

Yours faithfully
Rod the Tache

Something like that, says to me that the board actually have taken an interest and told the manager, 'your job is on the line if results don't improve'.

At the moment, it doesn't feel like the board care one way or the other what happens.

He maybe should have released a statement but a statement like the one above would undermine the manager imo. I can't think of a statement by hibs or any other club that has been worded in such a way.

The Green Goblin
30-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Imagine the fun the press would have with that. I do think a small statement along the lines of how they felt our pain would have been suitably condescending though. It is a lose/lose situation they (the board) are in.

Agree. Whilst it might be nice to see a statement, it would leave them open to attack from some quarters in the press who would just use it against them at every opportunity and rip them to bits for it. A short e-mail could have been sent to ST holders maybe? At least acknowledging what happened and thanking those who turned up. I dunno. Perhaps this is a discussion best held in person between the board and fans. There is an AGM coming up soon is there not? And the board will be there.

Onion
30-07-2013, 01:55 PM

100% :agree: That's how it looks.

Not been a good week for the club on so many levels. Even the good news (a £200k marquee signing) has been slipped in as a footnote.

Sometimes, you wonder if Petrie is sitting in his ivory tower, thinking "if only we didn't have fans.... our jobs would be so much easier" :greengrin

MB62
30-07-2013, 01:57 PM
He maybe should have released a statement but a statement like the one above would undermine the manager imo. I can't think of a statement by hibs or any other club that has been worded in such a way.

I don't think it does undermine him. What it does do though is let us know that the board are at least taking an interest and that the manager is, quite rightly IMO, under pressure to produce better than what he has been producing.

Maybe the board can't win, say nothing and I accuse them of ignoring a bad situation. Make a statement and they are accused of undermining the manager.

Is everybody happy though that since Pat took over and has now put, mainly his team, on the park, there has been little sign of improvement?
BTW, this is not just about one result on Thursday. As sore as that one was, there have been several in his time that are almost equally as sore.
Maybe if we can sign a couple of centre half's and a winger on loan or whatever, it will help fill in a big bit of Pat's jigsaw, at the moment though, I remain unconvinced by his managerial ability.

MB62
30-07-2013, 02:01 PM
What could Rod Petrie have said that would have satisfied everybody calling for an official statement? If bland press releases are your thing then make your own up. These things follow a standard format don't they?
I really couldn't give a toss what the club says, I am more interested in they they do.

Fair enough, action speaks louder than words. So far, their action seems to be silent.

Just_Jimmy
30-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Statement saying;

If results are crap Pat gets sacked?
If the right player at the right price is available and pat wants him we'll sign him?
We expect hibs to win more than they lose?

Its all stuff anybody knows the board AND pat know.

greenpaper55
30-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Other chairmen in the past have made it clear that they are not happy with results and there is no harm in this, the attitude that comes across is that the board know best when clearly they do not all the time. A wee acknowledgment that they are hurting like us would go a long way to keep the fans onside but all we get is silence until it's AGM time again.

MB62
30-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Statement saying;

If results are crap Pat gets sacked?
If the right player at the right price is available and pat wants him we'll sign him?
We expect hibs to win more than they lose?

Its all stuff anybody knows the board AND pat know.

Is that right?

Results, last and so far this season have not been good, Pat's still in a job
McManus and Taylor, both available and at a price we could afford, gone elsewhere. Both player IMO, would have improved our team.
Will be delighted when that scenario starts to happen, any idea when? it's been a while.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2013, 02:09 PM
That's a rank amateur response from the club. Can't even get their punctuation and grammar right.

...unless, of course, they didn't send that response at all...

That's similar to the response I got when I emailed the club about something a while back (not to moan about the team before anyone starts).

Still waiting on the relevant department to get back to me mind you.

Alfred E Newman
30-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't think ther is much the board would achieve by issuing an official statement. No words can change what was a total embarrassment for the club and its supporters.
He has lost the backing of most of the support and I think it is pretty obvious that unless Fenlon can quickly improve his dreadful league record he is will be gone.

derekHFC
30-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Is the OP going to share with us their e-mail to the tache? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
30-07-2013, 02:15 PM

regards.

Reception

Phone

+44 (0) 131 661 2159

Fax

+44 (0) 131 659 6488

Yep, that's 100% genuine.

lord bunberry
30-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think it does undermine him. What it does do though is let us know that the board are at least taking an interest and that the manager is, quite rightly IMO, under pressure to produce better than what he has been producing.

Maybe the board can't win, say nothing and I accuse them of ignoring a bad situation. Make a statement and they are accused of undermining the manager.

Is everybody happy though that since Pat took over and has now put, mainly his team, on the park, there has been little sign of improvement?
BTW, this is not just about one result on Thursday. As sore as that one was, there have been several in his time that are almost equally as sore.
Maybe if we can sign a couple of centre half's and a winger on loan or whatever, it will help fill in a big bit of Pat's jigsaw, at the moment though, I remain unconvinced by his managerial ability.
I would hope it has been made clear to fenlon that last Thursday was unacceptable, making it public that his job is on the line would be counter productive imo.

Onion
30-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I think the score is all the statement that's needed. Give it a few weeks, and it will be clearer how bad we really are, or not. Until that time, there is no need to add fuel to the fire.

What do you believe an official statement should aim to achieve, and what should it have contained?

We've not even started the season and there's a pretty serious RIFT between a large proportion of Hibs fans and the manager that could damage attendances, team confidence and support for the team. It's the Board's JOB to acknowledge that and try do something about it - not just ignore it in hope it goes away because it's a wee bit difficult. By remaining silent, the club are putting everything on the Hibs team putting in performances against Well, Yams etc and Fenlon making proper managerial decisions (set-up, subs etc). Anything short of that will be jumped on by Hibs fans and IMHO could get messy. And the fact that the Board didn't even have the decency to acknowledge fans' reasonable concerns earlier will just make things worse.

fleethibee
30-07-2013, 02:33 PM
This is part of the email I sent to the 'Board'. I am not advocating sacking people but from where I'm sitting we do seem to get the tactics, shape and vision of the team wrong in so called big matches. Perhaps it's a learning curve for the coaching staff but surely they must have enough football experience to see where the problem lies. I'm certainly not qualified to tell them their job but do hope they can see what's going wrong and fix it.

If reports are correct and we have signed James Collins for circa £200,000 then that is a fantastic investment that the club has made and proof that you believe in the manager and his staff. I only hope you have made the correct decision there but only time will tell

I hope you read this the way it is meant to come across. I don't want to be negative about this, that and the next thing but to register my disappointment at such a calamitous result.

Onion
30-07-2013, 02:43 PM
This is part of the email I sent to the 'Board'. I am not advocating sacking people but from where I'm sitting we do seem to get the tactics, shape and vision of the team wrong in so called big matches. Perhaps it's a learning curve for the coaching staff but surely they must have enough football experience to see where the problem lies. I'm certainly not qualified to tell them their job but do hope they can see what's going wrong and fix it.

If reports are correct and we have signed James Collins for circa £200,000 then that is a fantastic investment that the club has made and proof that you believe in the manager and his staff. I only hope you have made the correct decision there but only time will tell

I hope you read this the way it is meant to come across. I don't want to be negative about this, that and the next thing but to register my disappointment at such a calamitous result.

Erm.... you didn't actually ask any questions or seek a response, just to register your disappointment... which you have. Why expect a reply ?

fleethibee
30-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Because the professional way is to acknowledge the mail. I wasn't looking for a detailed response just confirmation that my email had 'registered' with them. Not getting any response was poor. Why have I received one now?

Just_Jimmy
30-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Is that right?

Results, last and so far this season have not been good, Pat's still in a job
McManus and Taylor, both available and at a price we could afford, gone elsewhere. Both player IMO, would have improved our team.
Will be delighted when that scenario starts to happen, any idea when? it's been a while.

Results last season were better than the season before (regardless of only finishing 7th) plus we made another cup final.

Mcmanus chose motherwell for non-footballing reasons. In what way is thay Pat or the Boards fault?

Pat was on record as saying hibs were not going back for taylor. Therefore he either wasnt available for our price or not wanted enough. Or both.

Is that not the ultimate aim of every team? By backing the manager the board are attempting to give him the tools. Surely that cannot be judged until seasons end?

I'm not a huge Fenlon fan and I'd have not missed a beat if he'd been emptied last Friday but the fact is a statement is pointless. The board know we're pissed off. So does Fenlon and as other have side its a lose lose situation.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Because the professional way is to acknowledge the mail. I wasn't looking for a detailed response just confirmation that my email had 'registered' with them. Not getting any response was poor. Why have I received one now?

Because the board browse hibs net all say instead of checking their inboxes

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I don't think ther is much the board would achieve by issuing an official statement. No words can change what was a total embarrassment for the club and its supporters.
He has lost the backing of most of the support and I think it is pretty obvious that unless Fenlon can quickly improve his dreadful league record he is will be gone.

:agree:

We've not even started the season and there's a pretty serious RIFT between a large proportion of Hibs fans and the manager that could damage attendances, team confidence and support for the team. It's the Board's JOB to acknowledge that and try do something about it - not just ignore it in hope it goes away because it's a wee bit difficult. By remaining silent, the club are putting everything on the Hibs team putting in performances against Well, Yams etc and Fenlon making proper managerial decisions (set-up, subs etc). Anything short of that will be jumped on by Hibs fans and IMHO could get messy. And the fact that the Board didn't even have the decency to acknowledge fans' reasonable concerns earlier will just make things worse.

Difficult call, I think we have a board that does things quietly.

My own view has always been that clubs respond to people staying away more than anything else. I can imagine what Tom Hart, or even Eddie Turnbulls response would have been to such questions.

At the end of the day, fans are entitled to be unhappy with results. You can tolerate people fooling themselves into thinking they know how to manage a team

Most of us would be hard pushed to understand employment law, for example, yet seem to think they can still tell people that do, how to do their job.

Fans are entitled to demand answers, but I sometimes question if they really want to hear the truth.

Because the professional way is to acknowledge the mail. I wasn't looking for a detailed response just c]onfirmation that my email had 'registered' with them. Not getting any response was poor. Why have I received one now?

Is the OP going to share with us their e-mail to the tache? :dunno:

Ironic that the OP is demanding a reply from Hibs, wants his fellow fans to get annoyed with the board, yet won't tell us what the eMail actually said.

What's sauce for the goose, etc.

Hibby70
30-07-2013, 04:15 PM

Dear fleet hibee

If you want entertainment go to the cinema.

Yours

Rod

fleethibee
30-07-2013, 04:20 PM
In the last 5 minutes I've received a reply from Garry O'Hagen which was actually first class. He stated that the Chairman wasn't based at the club at the moment. He accepted that the manner of the defeat was extremely disappointing and that its obvious significant improvements need to be made. He also mentions that the signing of James Collins will hopefully make a positive contribution to the team. He finishes off by advising that my email was not taken as negative but merely reflects the frustration felt by all after Thursday night's defeat. All in all that's is what I was looking for and it has heartened me a bit.

Time For Heroes
30-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Any chance of posting the reply fleethibee?

RecobasUncle
30-07-2013, 04:31 PM
The way people are reacting to the OP in this thread is ridiculous. Some people are so blatantly afraid of criticism even after a 0-7 at home.

marinello59
30-07-2013, 04:36 PM
The way people are reacting to the OP in this thread is ridiculous. Some people are so blatantly afraid of criticism even after a 0-7 at home.

What a ridiculous comment. There may be differences of opinion, and so there should be, but your sneering dismissal of your fellow Hibs fans is untrue. Has anybody not criticised the manner of the defeat? How it is handled is up for debate but I don't think any of us are content right now.

RecobasUncle
30-07-2013, 04:48 PM
What a ridiculous comment. There may be differences of opinion, and so there should be, but your sneering dismissal of your fellow Hibs fans is untrue. Has anybody not criticised the manner of the defeat? How it is handled is up for debate but I don't think any of us are content right now.

The OP is being called an idiot within a few posts and generally mocked afterwards for registering their discontent.

Golden Bear
30-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Yip - I intend to agree.

Presumably the OP as well as being a supporter, is also a paying customer and as such he is entitled to question the Management on their opinion of this latest debacle and what plans they may have in place to address the obvious shortcomings.

Time For Heroes
30-07-2013, 05:16 PM
The OP is being called an idiot within a few posts and generally mocked afterwards for registering their discontent.

Agreed.
Not sure an email is the right thing to do but at least he is trying to be constructive. Hardly worth calling someone an idiot for.

marinello59
30-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Why quote me on that, I am not defending name calling. We should all be showing each other respect. Doesn't make your original comment correct though.

Swedish hibee
30-07-2013, 06:36 PM

I can't believe how few posts you have posted on here :confused: Maybe Rod isn't taking you seriously too?

Beefster
30-07-2013, 06:46 PM
In the last 5 minutes I've received a reply from Garry O'Hagen which was actually first class. He stated that the Chairman wasn't based at the club at the moment. He accepted that the manner of the defeat was extremely disappointing and that its obvious significant improvements need to be made. He also mentions that the signing of James Collins will hopefully make a positive contribution to the team. He finishes off by advising that my email was not taken as negative but merely reflects the frustration felt by all after Thursday night's defeat. All in all that's is what I was looking for and it has heartened me a bit.

The power of having a grumble on Hibs.net.