PDA

View Full Version : Death of the 0-7 Merchandise?

Northern Hibby
30-07-2013, 10:46 AM
can we ever wear our 0-7 merchandise agan?

:worms::tin hat:

Andy74
30-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Of course. Do you think Hearts pre season 5-1 defeat will stop them talking about the cup win?

marinello59
30-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Only until Hearts beat us 0-7 at Easter Road.

Nando™
30-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Did these questions come up when we lost 7-0 to the Huns?

lapsedhibee
30-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Did anyone stop wearing after The The Deadhuns humped us 7-0?

Keith_M
30-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Yes, immediately after we hump Hearts by the same score in the first derby this season.

:wink:

Northern Hibby
30-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I just think it's been tarnished or the shine has been taken off, the Hearts game was a pre-season friendly not a competitive game and we all know 5-1 was never as iconic as 0-7!

Northern Hibby
30-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes, immediately after we hump Hearts by the same score in the first derby this season.

NOW that would make a difference :greengrin

SaulGoodman
30-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Who cares?

I always found celebrating a result that old to be cringey anyway :greengrin

lapsedhibee
30-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I just think it's been tarnished or the shine has been taken off, the Hearts game was a pre-season friendly not a competitive game and we all know 5-1 was never as iconic as 0-7!

It's more tarnished by the fact that there won't be a proper Hearts team for the foreseeable future. It wouldn't make any sense to go on about 0-7 to former Third Lanark or Vale of Renton supporters, and it won't make much sense to go on about it to ex-yams.

If they were to go pop before the season starts, a certain 1-2 result would gain a bit of temporary sheen.

Waxy
30-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Can we ever wear our 0-7 merchandise again? Honestly? What a load of crap. Our greatest game? Lets just scrub one of our best matches in history because malmo beat us by the same score. Get a grip.

Waxy
30-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Even Though Malmo pumped us 9-0 we pumped them something similar in the 70s so they can just shut it also.

green.and.white
30-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Pretty sure the OP is on a fishing trip, but anyhow of course we can. Think how bad we felt over a 0-7 loss to a Swedish team in the 2nd qualifying round in the Europa League. I cant even imagine how the yams felt after we did that to them :thumbsup:

CorrieHibs
30-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Of course. Do you think Hearts pre season 5-1 defeat will stop them talking about the cup win?
They won a cup we got 2 points out of it! :tin hat:

marinello59
30-07-2013, 11:39 AM

No, they bought a cup with stolen money.

Leithenhibby
30-07-2013, 11:40 AM

What total tosh.......... :rolleyes:

Northern Hibby
30-07-2013, 12:12 PM
OP not on fishing trip, OP had a personal opinion and wondered if others thought likewise, I understand the significance of our 0-7 victory, Ne'erday derby, their place. I still have the original EEN clipping showing our 7, goal by goal, in pictures, but it's the Merchandise I was asking about, not the pride in the result!!

green.and.white
30-07-2013, 12:37 PM
OP not on fishing trip, OP had a personal opinion and wondered if others thought likewise, I understand the significance of our 0-7 victory, Ne'erday derby, their place. I still have the original EEN clipping showing our 7, goal by goal, in pictures, but it's the Merchandise I was asking about, not the pride in the result!!

What a load of nonsense then. If you saw a Hibs fan on a matchday wearing a 0-7 top and forever think of Thursdays game instead of 1973 then that is, IMO, really sad.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-07-2013, 12:53 PM
0-7, vs Them. Still, and always will be, ggih.

Keith_M
30-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Gonna be called a Yam for this but....

I think it's a bit sad that the biggest thing we hold over them is a result from forty years ago. It would be nice if we had something that most of us could actually remember.

Northern Hibby
30-07-2013, 01:09 PM
What a load of nonsense then. If you saw a Hibs fan on a matchday wearing a 0-7 top and forever think of Thursdays game instead of 1973 then that is, IMO, really sad.

That's fine for the Hibby wearing his (or her) top/hoodie/t-shirt, but would I at the moment pick-up my top/hoodie/t-shirt and think yep that's what I’m wearing today?

Maybe it says more about me than the afore mention 0-7 clad hibby, maybe it's just up here I feel a bit isolated or maybe it's just still to fresh, looking that top, I'm still to raw to wear

:dunno:

green.and.white
30-07-2013, 01:13 PM

I think it's a bit sad that the biggest thing we hold over them is a result from forty years ago. It would be nice if we had something that most of us could actually remember.

Totally agree, we all would, but better than the route hearts took which was to cheat to get a big result.

Leithenhibby
30-07-2013, 01:14 PM
That's fine for the Hibby wearing his (or her) top/hoodie/t-shirt, but would I at the moment pick-up my top/hoodie/t-shirt and think yep that's what I’m wearing today?

Maybe it says more about me than the afore mention 0-7 clad hibby, maybe it's just up here I feel a bit isolated or maybe it's just still to fresh, looking that top, I'm still to raw to wear

It's "too", and you talk utter p*sh :agree:

Northern Hibby
30-07-2013, 01:24 PM
It's "too", and you talk utter p*sh :agree:

Been reading and posting on this site for 7 years, I thought it was a prerequisite!!!

Delboy4
30-07-2013, 04:04 PM

What about THAT game when we smashed 6 past them, 6-2 no? :thumbsup:

AgentDaleCooper
30-07-2013, 04:14 PM
What about THAT game when we smashed 6 past them, 6-2 no? :thumbsup:

i too will probably be accused of yammery here...but i think i'd trade in 6-2 for a 5-1 victory in a scottish cup final.

unless we see a massive turnaround at our club, or hearts finally go bust, we cannot deny that in recent history terms, they own us (even if the moral nature of this 'ownership' is somewhat dubious).

Andy74
30-07-2013, 04:21 PM
i too will probably be accused of yammery here...but i think i'd trade in 6-2 for a 5-1 victory in a scottish cup final.

unless we see a massive turnaround at our club, or hearts finally go bust, we cannot deny that in recent history terms, they own us (even if the moral nature of this 'ownership' is somewhat dubious).

I will take them owning us if that always involves us beating them at every age level like last year.

AgentDaleCooper
30-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I will take them owning us if that always involves us beating them at every age level like last year.

on the one hand - yes, if we can keep that up for a few years, then that would basically amount to us owning them.

on the other - it's only one season, and i think to cite any age level other than the senior team is to somewhat clutch at straws.

theonlywayisup
30-07-2013, 04:29 PM
There was someone in BTG prior to the game with a '7-up' tee-shirt on. I did wonder whether he would decide to wear it again to Easter Road.

http://cdn4.theshirtlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Spot-7Up-Shirt-150x200.jpg

Andy74
30-07-2013, 04:29 PM
on the one hand - yes, if we can keep that up for a few years, then that would basically amount to us owning them.

on the other - it's only one season, and i think to cite any age level other than the senior team is to somewhat clutch at straws.

No that was including senior level. The other age groups are very relevant to the overall status of us being owned or not.

Hibs07p
30-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Oh Oh, I better change my user name now. :cb

GGTTH

Leithenhibby
30-07-2013, 04:37 PM

Why just recent! :confused: Does our history not go back to 1875?

Or is history from when you can remember :wink: I'm an older Hibby granted, but just because they (Yams) have the bragging rights for now, that's gonna change real soon :agree: of that I'm sure ...... Maybe :greengrin

O'Rourke3
30-07-2013, 04:52 PM

I can remember it fine along with the first game versus Malmo and there are thousands like me. Still have all my own teeth and bladder control too....

Keith_M
30-07-2013, 04:57 PM
I can remember it fine along with the first game versus Malmo and there are thousands like me. Still have all my own teeth and bladder control too....

Damn it, you beat me on two out of three!

I've still got my own teeth but............

Keith_M
30-07-2013, 04:59 PM

How can they 'own' us if they're about to be liquidated? Can BDO sell Hibs off as one of the assets? Sorry, but I'm not havin that.

Oh and we all already KNOW you're a Yam. :wink:

marinello59
30-07-2013, 05:05 PM

It's just one thing we hold against them. The biggest thing is we aren't them.....deluded, classless, clueless scarf twirling fuds.

AgentDaleCooper
30-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Why just recent! :confused: Does our history not go back to 1875?

Or is history from when you can remember :wink: I'm an older Hibby granted, but just because they (Yams) have the bragging rights for now, that's gonna change real soon :agree: of that I'm sure ...... Maybe :greengrin

what i mean by 'own' (which on second thoughts is a rather inappropriate and slightly ironic word to use in their context) is that the extent to which they have the bragging rights over us at the moment is pretty bloody massive. yes, we went some way to putting things right last reason, but only a tiny way in the grand scheme of things, and that's all been somewhat blown out the water by us falling to pieces against malmo. the fact is, at present, we are an embarrassment, even next to them. they're falling apart at the seams financially, but they're still able to laugh at us. they won the biggest game in our two clubs' histories last year, and one fairly decent season does very little to sort that out.

what i'm NOT saying is that i'd rather be a hearts fan or whatever. what i'm saying is that the gravity of our situation should not be underestimated, and that the board that have now presided over probably the two most embarrassing games in our history need to understand that MASSIVE changes need to happen. we, as a club, should not be holding our heads high - we need to do everything we can to express to and impress upon the board how utterly, utterly beyond the pale things have gotten. we're a joke. the only current thing we have left to be proud of is the performance of our fans at the final this year and at malmo. even then, many take issue with that, as it can be seen as us lying down and accepting defeats.

right, where's the sertraline...

O'Rourke3
30-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Damn it, you beat me on two out of three!

I've still got my own teeth but............

:faf:

SaulGoodman
30-07-2013, 11:19 PM

:agree:

I didn't mind giving it the odd '7-0' to them but for some reason the club has brought out a few tops after that cup final with 7-0 on them like we're supposed to still lord it over them.

Do our talking on the pitch instead of clinging to an ancient result.

Pete
30-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Navel-gazing.

Just gonnae no.

:-D

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-07-2013, 11:33 PM

We won a cup out of 5-1 anaw :thumbsup:

And we didnae cheat.

Pete
30-07-2013, 11:39 PM
We won a cup out of 5-1 anaw :thumbsup:

And we didnae cheat.

That isn't a real trophy though.

Logic might say the only difference is the fact that teams like Spartans are involved but dont let that put you off.

Wee cup.

The administration cup has more merit apparently.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-07-2013, 11:51 PM
That isn't a real trophy though.

Logic might say the only difference is the fact that teams like Spartans are involved but dont let that put you off.

Wee cup.

The administration cup has more merit apparently.

Right enough, Wee Team - Wee Cup.

But then again, Nae Team - Nae cup :eek:

:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Hearts are sheeeeeeite.

Don't ever let any isolated scoreline deflect us from that matter.

I'll take a defeat of 1902v0 any day of the week, as long as I don't wake up the next day supporting Hearts.

GGTTH.

hail1875hail
01-08-2013, 10:40 AM
of course! im a teenager and some yam i know said to me at training last night:
"were you at the 7-0 game?" with a smirk on his face
to which i replied
"of course not! i wasnt alive back then!" que his smile being wiped off his face and not talking about it the rest of the night:)

Brightside
01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
The only game that matters is the next one. I dont give two ****s for 6-2s 7-0s 1-5. All done and in the past.

Green Cabbage 7
03-08-2013, 12:39 AM

Ha ha ha we all know it means more than 2 points in a derby that was brilliantly hilarious

Green Cabbage 7
03-08-2013, 12:42 AM

True but 40 years and they've never managed it, come close mind but never done it, so until they do celebrate

.Sean.
03-08-2013, 02:22 AM

:agree: Fantastic result and they'll never take it away. But Hearts fans don't give a **** about it and it doesn't bother them in the slightest anymore. Time to move on. Soon enough however we'll have plenty new ammo to direct towards them.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
on the subject of merchandise, I had the misfortune of seeing a, 'rather large', 40 something female up town yesterday wearing a white Wonga shirt with 5-1 imprinted on the rear. I could only think she'd be in line for abuse due to her frame and the silly clobber that draped over her monstrosity of a body.
....yer typical Jumbo from Gorgay I guess!

IWasThere2016
04-08-2013, 05:02 AM
There was someone in BTG prior to the game with a '7-up' tee-shirt on. I did wonder whether he would decide to wear it again to Easter Road.

http://cdn4.theshirtlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Spot-7Up-Shirt-150x200.jpg

I have that T, and I had it on last Thursday before the missus made me change it (we were out all day before the game in town). One of her very rare correct calls! :greengrin

marinello59
04-08-2013, 06:58 AM
I have that T, and I had it on last Thursday before the missus made me change it (we were out all day before the game in town). One of her very rare correct calls! :greengrin

Snap. I was wearing that T shirt on the day of the game as well and Mrs M59 made told me I should change it before I left for the match. Phew. :greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
04-08-2013, 10:07 AM

Still raw ? One does hope that one doesn't take offence at this, FFS graw a pair !!!!