PDA

View Full Version : Good News From Malmo Game

StevieC
29-07-2013, 08:40 PM
While most of us will be trying to forget the records that were broken last Thursday ...

Here is a record that is thoroughly deserved ..... by those off the park.

The turnstile collection that was made on behalf of the Dnipro Appeal prior to the game resulted in an amazing ...

£2,345

This is a new record for a collection at Easter Road!
(beating the previous best of £2,154)

A huge THANK YOU, and a VERY WELL DONE, to all those that gave up a little bit of their spare time to shake a bucket ... and of course to all those that donated on the night!
(and for the Paypal donations from those that missed a bucket on the night)

:thumbsup: :not worth :thumbsup: :not worth :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
29-07-2013, 08:42 PM
While most of us will be trying to forget the records that were broken last Thursday ...

The turnstile collection that was made on behalf of the Dnipro Appeal prior to the game resulted in an amazing ...

£2,345

A huge THANK YOU, and a VERY WELL DONE, to all those that gave up a little bit of their spare time to shake a bucket ... and of course to all those that donated on the night!

Brilliant news Stevie and well done to all the bucket shakers :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Superb, 10/10 for everyone involved. :not worth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
29-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Well done old chap.

jakeshibs
29-07-2013, 08:59 PM
fantastic news, great effort:flag:

I'm_cabbaged
29-07-2013, 09:04 PM

£2,345

That's brilliant Stevie, the fekers on the park should be made to pay a nights wages into it as well!! :greengrin

StevieC
30-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Well done old chap.

It's a team effort. :wink:

Torto7062
30-07-2013, 06:34 PM
It's a team effort. :wink:

well done all involved.

great cause.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Well done to all concerned a great effort, I was relieved of my change as I crossed the bridge :greengrin

lapsedhibee
30-07-2013, 07:48 PM
'mon the chuggers :flag: :wink:

wazoo1875
30-07-2013, 07:59 PM
That's a superb effort Stevie and everyone else. Things like the dnipro fund should make everyone proud to be a hibee.

Can you give a rough figure as to whats been raised altogether thus far ?

iwasthere1972
30-07-2013, 08:29 PM

£2,345

Great news. I was speaking to one of the collectors at the West Stand (after I made my donation of course) and was saying who would have thought that it would still be going after 8 years. A brilliant job that you are all doing.

Time For Heroes
30-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Great work to everyone involved.
Well done!

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Well done old chap.

Was it yourself at the corner of Albion Road/Easter Road?

RIP
31-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Well done to all concerned a great effort, I was relieved of my change as I crossed the bridge :greengrin

well done that man!!

Myself and my laddie Cammy relieved quite a few people at the end of the bridge :rotflmao: including loads of Malmoans who asked what the charity was and gave generously

Off topic I know but the Bothwell Street Bridge seems to be a good pee stop for many between the boozers and the stadium

BarneyBreslin
31-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Was it yourself at the corner of Albion Road/Easter Road?

That was LEXO mate

Keith_M
31-07-2013, 04:31 PM

They don't call it 'The Bridge Of Doom' for nothing!

:wink:

StevieC
31-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Can you give a rough figure as to whats been raised altogether thus far ?

Since the first ever collection, back in September 2005, the Hibernian Community (with a little help from Aberdeen) will have raised something in the region of £190k for the kids in Dnipropetrovsk.

This is the first time I've actually totalled it up and even I had to double check that figure!

Truly astounding. :aok:

Keith_M
31-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I think it's worth remembering that supporters of visiting clubs have also been generous in contributing when the Bucket Collections have been made.

Stevie will correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember the charity did particularly well when our friends from the Wild West (especially Rangers, IIRC?) visited.

I'm sure we can put rivalry aside and send out a big thank you to them too :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Since the first ever collection, back in September 2005, the Hibernian Community (with a little help from Aberdeen) will have raised something in the region of £190k for the kids in Dnipropetrovsk.

This is the first time I've actually totalled it up and even I had to double check that figure!

Thats quite an amazing figure, you guys should be proud of yourselves! As one of the folk who attended the game in Dnipro the place was a bit of an eye opener, and brilliant at the same time.

sadtom
31-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I assume Hibs will pocket the charity money themselves. Its what all the BIG teams do.

StevieC
31-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I assume Hibs will pocket the charity money themselves. Its what all the BIG teams do.

Not on my watch :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2013, 06:27 PM
That was LEXO mate

Was it? Well blow me. Sure I played golf with Lexo a few years ago at the .net golfing. Never recognised him. My bad.

BarneyBreslin
31-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Was it? Well blow me. Sure I played golf with Lexo a few years ago at the .net golfing. Never recognised him. My bad.

He was outside the newsagent, maybe there was someone else on the opposite corner?

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2013, 08:27 PM
He was outside the newsagent, maybe there was someone else on the opposite corner?

Was newsagents corner mate. No problem, he was appreciative of the donation :-)

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2013, 09:16 PM
well done that man!!

Myself and my laddie Cammy relieved quite a few people at the end of the bridge :rotflmao: including loads of Malmoans who asked what the charity was and gave generously

Off topic I know but the Bothwell Street Bridge seems to be a good pee stop for many between the boozers and the stadium

Aha so it was you :greengrin

wazoo1875
31-07-2013, 09:19 PM

That really is a remarkable effort guys. You deserve medals !! 10/10