PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell game poll

IanM
29-07-2013, 12:13 PM
A few days have passed since Malmo and a few .netters seem a little bit less irate after the result so it might be a good time to run a poll as to who's going to the Motherwell game.

Circa 16000 fans there with a mix between season tickets, walk up fans, corporate etc..

not really a guess the attendence but what are people's views on attending?

Regardless of the result on thursday us Hibs fans did manage to rally the troops when we needed to last week, be nice to think by next week we can do the same if the numbers are looking down..

as the days creep away from Malmo and closer to Motherwell i'm feeling a sense of optimisim again.. we all know how that ends tho! :ostrich:

Hibernia&Alba
29-07-2013, 12:56 PM
I shall certainly be attendance, hopefully amidst a bumper crowd. Last Thursday will probably mean that some who intended going will stay away, but let's stick together. I love the first game of a new season; the sense of optimism which, where are Hibs are concerned, normally lasts...oh...about ninety minutes :greengrin. Without optimism life as a Hibs fan could be become unbearable, but one day we'll actually live up to our stature in the Scottish game, and why not this year? Come on folks, the magnetic draw of ER is once again calling. All aboard the rollercoaster for 2013/14 :flag:

rcarter1
29-07-2013, 01:05 PM
First time season ticket holder. Looking forward to the season... :hmmm:

Hoping:

Motherwell arent Malmo.

Manager/players take some concrete lessons from the game.

We have an effective strategy for attacking with players being used to their strengths.

Our defenders/DM are on high alert at all times for counter attacks.

We win 10-0!! :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
29-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I am due to give birth on 9th August so I dont know if I will be there or not :-)

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I am due to give birth on 9th August so I dont know if I will be there or not :-)

The Yams don't know if they will be there or not either.:greengrin

Malthibby

Excuses, excuses.....:greengrin
Mine's much poorer, in deepest Buckinghamshire for a family wedding & gutted.
GG

Green Fish
A shift change means my kids and I can't make it, disappointed. A lot is said in anger but the dust had settled a bit, am still hacked off about Thursday and not happy the way things have gone but would never turn my back on our club.

lord bunberry
29-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I will be there, whether i stay till the end will depend on how we perform.

bigwheel
29-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm actually starting to look forward to the game. I'm not expecting us to be flying , but I'm interested to see how we react to the mauling last week against a good Motherwell side ...

Scoring first would be a big help I feel...

MB62
29-07-2013, 01:33 PM
I've not made up my mind on it yet, will probably decide on the day.
As much as I was gutted at the way we played and what I saw as poor team selection/positions and lack of organisation on the park, I am probably now just as annoyed as the lack of comment from those in charge, in particular Petrie, as to where we are at and what we are trying to achieve because I think we are rudderless.
It seems to me that the stance being taken is 'say nothing about that disaster and hope it will all blow over and the mugs will return as usual'.

Probably come Sunday, this mug will do exactly that, just as I have done for the past 50 years, but it's getting harder and harder to justify the money and effort.

Hibernia&Alba
29-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Watching Hibs probably isn't wise in your condition :greengrin. All the very best to yourself and the new wee Hibee to come.

The Harp
29-07-2013, 01:37 PM
We've got our final goodbyes at ER to Lawrie on Friday, which although a sad occasion, will be a distraction and help bring the fans together.
We've also got the prospect of James Collins turning out for us for the first time on Sunday.
We Hibees are a resilient bunch - let's face it, we've had to be over the years.

Franck Stanton
29-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The Malmo game was a terrible performance, really TERRIBLE, however.......imo it was a "one-off" and we will never play as bad again. [yes we will play badly, however not as bad as that]. I will be at the game and fully expect 3 points. We will bounce back, win this Sunday and next Sundays derby. When we do the Malmo result will be long gone. Keep the faith lads/lassies, keep the faith.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Where's the "I'm going to save some cash and watch it on the TV" option?

DH1875
29-07-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm not going. Don't know if I'd have went or not before the Malmo game but I do know I'm definitely not going now.

RoxburghHibs
29-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah I'll be going - and pay at the gate. I pick and choose my games as I have two young daughters (who don't have any interest in football sadly) and wouldn't miss the first game off the season unless I had no choice.

As for not going due to the Malmo game - nah! I have been watching Hibs since the early 1980's and it's never been about results for me. Don't get me wrong I want Hibs to win as much as any other Hibs fan but what I mean is that watching Hibs is in my blood and I will always attend.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll be there.

I'm off on Sunday so there's no way I won't be at a Hibs home game.

It will be interesting to see how we respond to last week's result against a club that has had one of the best teams in Scotland over the past couple of years.

It will be a real test for us.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm not going. Don't know if I'd have went or not before the Malmo game but I do know I'm definitely not going now.

I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure now :)

I'll be there with my son with his first even ST.

Pretty Boy
29-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I'll be there because I have my ST.

If I didn't have that then i'd be tempted to give it a miss.

garys
29-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I was never not going! ST holder, doesn't mean to say I'm any less angry with malmo result. Still furious!!

Ricky Bobby
29-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I will be there to witness that talentless fish and chip shop critic Cowans lot getting pumped.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Hink im gaun.

Thecat23
29-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I'll be there because I have my ST.

If I didn't have that then i'd be tempted to give it a miss.

This.. If I wasn't a season ticket holder i'd watch it on TV. Think it's time to lay off the fans who have had enough. Until Hibs start showing some fight, ambition and drive I'll not be asking any mates to stick the money in the club if they are toiling. Each time we have a war cry the team doesn't turn up. So for me it's their turn to start showing why fans who have stopped going what they are missing. Until then no one can have a go at folk who have sacked it.

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Before the Malmo game I was sure I was going. Now I'm still going .... I will always go as long as I have the money and the time.

I have however had a change of policy about player abuse. Though not one to boo the players during the game I will be doing my nut at them come full time if we get anything close to Thursdays debacle !!!

That goes for board and manager abuse as well.

I was pretty optomistic before the Malmo game, but we were so poor anything like that performance will land us a sound cuffing from a Motherwell team who though they have lost some decent players will still be pretty decent.

GGTTH ...... See ya Sunday :thumbsup:

proud_and_green
29-07-2013, 05:32 PM
I am a season ticket holder (long time holder) I'll be going, but the real question for me is will i still be going next season. After Thursday i said to myself that if things did not improve substantially this year i would really find it hard to reinvest next season. Still feel that way after the dust of the game has settled a bit. I am just so fed up with this year on year crap football, no achievement and no prospect for the future. I have been around that buoy too many times with Hibs and just can't be @rs*d any more!

lucky
29-07-2013, 05:41 PM
As a ST I see no reason not to attend.

LancashireHibby
29-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm not going, but only because of the early kick off. Were it kicking off after 2-2.30 then I'd have been there.

Swedish hibee
29-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Here's to a new season :greengrin Looking forward to Sunday.

edinburghhibee
29-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm not going, but only because of the early kick off. Were it kicking off after 2-2.30 then I'd have been there.

I'm the same I've given my ST to someone else for the day as I'm camping down the borders that weekend and would have made it back for a decent kick off time.

offshorehibby
29-07-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm off to a wedding in Oban otherwise wise I would have been there, just like i'll be at tynie the following week. I'm a Hibs supporter I support the team through thick and thin.

Unseen work
29-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Strangely confident. No reason to he after Thursday but I still think we have a good squad of players and hopefully with a couple more to add before then. Also think by then he will definitely know his best starting line up and formation

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2013, 06:55 PM
The poll is saying roughly 25% won't be attending, which, extrapolated onto Thursday's gate of 16,000, would mean an attendance of about 12,000.

Let's see if this is correct.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2013, 07:03 PM
The poll is saying roughly 25% won't be attending, which, extrapolated onto Thursday's gate of 16,000, would mean an attendance of about 12,000.

Let's see if this is correct.

I'd be delighted if 12,000 turned up on Sunday.

Don't see it being anywhere near that, sadly.

LancashireHibby
29-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I'd be surprised with anything above 8,000 in all honesty.

IberianHibernian
29-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Because of work commitments I won`t be using my Hibs TV season ticket to watch Motherwell match . A pity as I was looking forward to seeing start of the league season . Suspect crowd will be less than 10,000 but for many reasons though press will be desperate to blame it on manager and Malmo result . Makes it extra important for injury / suspensión hit team to win .

IberianHibernian
29-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I'd be delighted if 12,000 turned up on Sunday.

Don't see it being anywhere near that, sadly.Neither do I but wouldn`t have expected 12,000 even if we`d won 7-0 against Malmo .

GreenCastle
29-07-2013, 10:47 PM
ST holder - Sunday games don't work for me :grr: