PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott signed for Livi (merged)

Billychaotic182
02-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Any idea if Jimmy Scott went to Spain with the rest of the squad?

CRAZYHIBBY
02-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I think he was told to go to France:agree:

Tonez
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
No he was told to stay away from Hibs by Pat and nothing has changed. The club are currently trying to agree to pay him off.

snooky
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
No he was told to stay away from Hibs by Pat and nothing has changed. The club are currently trying to agree to pay him off.

So he's been sent to Coventry? :wink:

R'Albin
02-07-2013, 09:56 PM
This guy has to go down as one of our worst signings in the last 5 years. It's not just his lack of talent, but the longevity of his contract as well.

cabbageandribs1875
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
somebody at ER obviously trusted calderclowns(and most likely Derek Adams) judgement enough to allow one of the most lengthy contracts at ER EVER, hopefully callum booths lengthy contract doesn't come back to bite the culprit on the erky as well...c'mon, own up..who did it

Zazu62
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
how long was/is the contract? did we pay a fee?

ian cruise
02-07-2013, 10:16 PM
So he's been sent to Coventry? :wink:

All I know is he's not going to MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon.

NYHibby
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
how long was/is the contract? did we pay a fee?

According to Wikipedia, we paid £80,000 and signed him to a three and a half year contract. So he has another year on his contract.

Booth still has two years left.

KWJ
03-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Wotherspoon was on a 4 year deal so the is what was happening around the time.

We have the problem now of Harris, Forster and other potential fees of them leaving for nothing or just the development fee.

Not that long ago we'd have still got a 6 figure sum for the current DW I reckon.

GraniteCityHibs
03-07-2013, 07:07 AM
All I know is he's not going to MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon.

:faf:

allezsauzee
03-07-2013, 11:08 AM
somebody at ER obviously trusted calderclowns(and most likely Derek Adams) judgement enough to allow one of the most lengthy contracts at ER EVER, hopefully callum booths lengthy contract doesn't come back to bite the culprit on the erky as well...c'mon, own up..who did it

to be fair to whoever signed Booth on a 4 year contract, there were plenty people on here who were fretting that Celtic were going to pinch him and likening him to John Brownlie!!

I think Booth would make a useful left midfielder. Not sure he is good enough defensively to play left back though.

madabouthibs
03-07-2013, 11:26 AM
So what exactly is it that Jimmy Scott did that deserves treatment like this from Hibs? Does anyone know the facts? Apart from deck a wee loudmouth that nearly snapped him in training? I didn't think he was that bad a player, and we've certainly had a hell of a lot worse in the last 4 or 5 years! Could have done with a wee bit of his fight in the last two cup finals. :agree:

Heisenberg
03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
So what exactly is it that Jimmy Scott did that deserves treatment like this from Hibs? Does anyone know the facts? Apart from deck a wee loudmouth that nearly snapped him in training? I didn't think he was that bad a player, and we've certainly had a hell of a lot worse in the last 4 or 5 years! Could have done with a wee bit of his fight in the last two cup finals. :agree:

From what I saw he didnt have one good game for us in the league. He broke Sean Welshs jaw did he not? Thats not the type of fight we either need or want around the club.

silverhibee
03-07-2013, 11:34 AM

:confused:

Who.

The guy was/is rank rotten, bet Petrie regrets not sacking him for the incident with the young lad.

Aidan the Hibby
03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
How old was Sean when jimmy attacked him?

hibee92
03-07-2013, 11:44 AM

He was shockingly bad. If you think he could've improved us in the cup finals you're clueless. Grade A ersehole on top of that.

PeterboroHibee
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Who.

The guy was/is rank rotten, bet Petrie regrets not sacking him for the incident with the young lad.

Off the top of my head -

Kuqi
Kujabi
Agogo
O'Donovan
Soares
Trakys
Thornhill
Duffy
Smith
Keenan
Pinau

and my personal favorite was O'Hanlon, who was the worst defender Ive ever seen (and not just at Hibs).

I dont think Scott was as bad as people are making out, he wasnt a good player and Im not sorry hes going, but he is nowhere near as bad as some of the shockers we have had playing for us every season since about 2007.

truehibernian
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
He was shockingly bad. If you think he could've improved us in the cup finals you're clueless. Grade A ersehole on top of that.

Really ? And you know this how ?

I know a couple of stories about Jimmy, not for a public forum, that would make him go up in most people's opinion - which showed me the boy put the club first despite being sent away. One particularly nasty incident after the Welsh saga. Unless you know him personally I would say you're bang off the mark with your opinion of him.

I'm also, I admit, someone who sees talent in the lad - his temperament lets him down, as does his over exuberance in games. He's just eager to please and this sometimes lets him down on the pitch. He's a good footballer in my opinion.

hibee92
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Really ? And you know this how ?

I know a couple of stories about Jimmy, not for a public forum, that would make him go up in most people's opinion - which showed me the boy put the club first despite being sent away. One particularly nasty incident after the Welsh saga. Unless you know him personally I would say you're bang off the mark with your opinion of him.

I'm also, I admit, someone who sees talent in the lad - his temperament lets him down, as does his over exuberance in games. He's just eager to please and this sometimes lets him down on the pitch. He's a good footballer in my opinion.

Well on a purely footballing basis, the man is nowhere near good enough for us. He wasn't good enough when we brought him in and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. A magnificently average player at best.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Well on a purely footballing basis, the man is nowhere near good enough for us. He wasn't good enough when we brought him in and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. A magnificently average player at best.

In the Ross County team that beat Celtc in that semi final there were a few players worth looking at.

Which makes it all the more mysterious that we endrd up with Jimmy ****ing Scott.

Magnificently average is being kind. I'd call him pish.

Boyle89
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
My lasting memory of him will be when he tried to stop the ball going out for a throw on the half way line and ended up hoofing out for a corner?!?!

truehibernian
03-07-2013, 03:01 PM

Who.

Jimmy is the only subject we have ever disagreed on on .net SH (well, that and what is better, the walnut whip or Fry's five centre).

As to who was worse.......wow, that's a conundrum but I'd say Keenan, O'Hanlon, Matt Thornhill, Paddy Cregg.....there's been some real howlers at ER this last few years.

I'm not saying Jimmy Scott is a world beater in any sense - but the boy can play football. He sometimes reminds me of a red setter running after a ball in a park admittedly, but he has hunger and desire and in the right midfield, one with balance, he'd be a good team player. Anyone who had to play in a midfield with Thornhill and Palsson next to them realises quickly that they are doing the work of three IMHO.

He played a couple of LC games and a friendly against Boh's and he was allowed freedom to play. He was the best player on the pitch in all of the games albeit lesser opposition. He was then put in sparingly to the side and it showed on his confidence levels. But he never ever hid from wanting the ball, even when the games were going away from Hibs.

Like I say bud, he's the only subject we disagree on - oh and it's gotta be the Fry's 5 centre :greengrin:aok:

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Jimmy is the only subject we have ever disagreed on on .net SH (well, that and what is better, the walnut whip or Fry's five centre).

As to who was worse.......wow, that's a conundrum but I'd say Keenan, O'Hanlon, Matt Thornhill, Paddy Cregg.....there's been some real howlers at ER this last few years.

I'm not saying Jimmy Scott is a world beater in any sense - but the boy can play football. He sometimes reminds me of a red setter running after a ball in a park admittedly, but he has hunger and desire and in the right midfield, one with balance, he'd be a good team player. Anyone who had to play in a midfield with Thornhill and Palsson next to them realises quickly that they are doing the work of three IMHO.

He played a couple of LC games and a friendly against Boh's and he was allowed freedom to play. He was the best player on the pitch in all of the games albeit lesser opposition. He was then put in sparingly to the side and it showed on his confidence levels. But he never ever hid from wanting the ball, even when the games were going away from Hibs.

Like I say bud, he's the only subject we disagree on - oh and it's gotta be the Fry's 5 centre :greengrin:aok:

I actually expected him to get a chance this season, I was speaking to a County player who said Fenlon rates JS but as ive said before he couldn't deal with him as a person, didn't help with the jaw break incident. I thought a year away then come back to a fresh slate would be the case, also the County player was also telling me hes a great lad, totally mad but great about the changing room with the guys. Personally I wouldn't mind him getting a second chance, lets see if he has improved and if he can offer something.

lochhibs
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
canny be any worse than scott robertson who's been hugely disappointing.

Northernhibee
03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I do rate Martin Scott, if I recall correctly he had a bit of bite and running in him and also a wicked shot, think he scored a screamer in Ian Murray's testimonial.

If he could get consistency and work on his temperament then I think he could still be a player for us in all honesty, can't see him being on a big wage and would be a good squad player.

Truthfully I don't think he'll get the consistency or temperament though so he'll probably not play for us again.

Northernhibee
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN5LbNvdX9o

Holmesdale Hibs
03-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I thought he was ok. Definitely been worse players but also a lot better. Don't think he'd be a big loss. Unless he shows something I've not seen before then he'd be a squad player at best.

A lot of folk on here saying he's an ersehole etc. for those that have met him or are genuinely in the know then fair enough. Those who don't know should be quiet. IF he's a troublemaker then I don't think he's good enough to take the chance of keeping him. If not I'm not fussy either way.

madabouthibs
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM

I take it you know him then?

Diclonius
04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
In the Ross County team that beat Celtc in that semi final there were a few players worth looking at.

Which makes it all the more mysterious that we endrd up with Jimmy ****ing Scott.

To be fair he did score the second goal.

dp00
04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Where is booth ? Is he with the squad

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jonnyboy
04-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Where is booth ? Is he with the squad

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Season long loan at another over the water club - Raith Rovers :wink:

Iggy Pope
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM

Seriously? he was a great signing at the time and well received on these very fickle boards.
I thought he played well in that game and scored IIRC

Is this not hindsight in all it's selective glory? Sure it is.

edinburghhibee
04-07-2013, 11:10 PM
After reading this thread I'm well aware I'm in the minority but I still think jimmy could do a job for us however I don't think he would be in our first eleven at the moment. I think we should give him a Pre season and a few games from the bench and see what he can bring to the table.

sbell1875
04-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Don't know his as a person but from my viewings of him as a football player I am of the opinion he is gash.

Billychaotic182
05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
He played for a team that finished higher than us last season.......

Hiber-nation
05-07-2013, 11:55 AM
He played for a team that finished higher than us last season.......

How many starts did he get?

silverhibee
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM

And i doubt we will ever agree on Mr Scott TH, i would just slot Scott's name in with them in bold, :greengrin can't remember him scoring a goal and can only remember one assist from his time at Hibs, but do you know what, i can see PF maybe liking Scott, maybe not though. :greengrin

Fry's 5 every time. We agree on that. :agree: :greengrin :aok:

silverhibee
05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I take it you know him then?

A we A-Z that Griffiths done before the final, seems Jimmy is a bit of a lad. :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4945246/A-to-Z.html

Part/Time Supporter
12-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Seemingly away from Hibs and now playing on trial for Southend in pre-season games.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?78015-Braintree-v-Southend-tonight&

Dashing Bob S
12-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Love him, gutted he's no longer in the picture. I really do dream of a team of Jimmy Scott's.

(They're wearing maroon jerseys, but I do dream of it.)

Bayern Bru
12-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Remember him putting in a decent display against Berwick in the league cup. Scored a couple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlwALte29U

sbell1875
14-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I believe he has now left the club. Long overdue in my opinion.

jdships
14-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Only met him once and was taken with his attitude
" I play this game ( football ) to earn my living and I play to win not to make up the numbers . Been like that since I first started and always will be , I suppose "

:thumbsup:

Mark79
29-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Apologies if I have missed this but I see jimmy has signed for livi having negotiated his release fom his hibs contract.

My father in law will be gutted. Loved him as a player.

Suburban Hibby
29-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Dunno if I missed it posted previously but the EEN is reporting that he has been released and has signed for livi?

Jonnyboy
29-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Apologies if I have missed this but I see jimmy has signed for livi having negotiated his release fom his hibs contract.

My father in law will be gutted. Loved him as a player.

You need to have a serious word with your father in law and tell him to get off the drugs :greengrin

3pm
29-07-2013, 04:10 PM
You need to have a serious word with your father in law and tell him to get off the drugs :greengrin

Oi, that's my Da! He just gets pished!!! :o)

Jonnyboy
29-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Oi, that's my Da! He just gets pished!!! :o)

That bevvy can do strange things tae folk :greengrin

3pm
29-07-2013, 04:21 PM
That bevvy can do strange things tae folk :greengrin

He hated him!! That was without a beer!