PDA

View Full Version : Team Captain

spike220
29-07-2013, 09:04 AM
When is the last time we had a regular captain who was injury free for a good spell? I was wondering if the lack of consistent leadership has had a impact on our performances. (BTW - I rate McPake as one of the best CD in the SPL when fit, so this is not aimed at him). We have had an unlucky run with injuries going back to Jones imho, I wonder if this has been part of problem of late?

jdships
29-07-2013, 09:25 AM
When is the last time we had a regular captain who was injury free for a good spell? I was wondering if the lack of consistent leadership has had a impact on our performances. (BTW - I rate McPake as one of the best CD in the SPL when fit, so this is not aimed at him). We have had an unlucky run with injuries going back to Jones imho, I wonder if this has been part of problem of late?

Am of the opinion that part of the trouble , at least , is how many times have we been able to put out the same back four in the year 2013 ?
The constant changes , for whatever reason , have certainly not helped
Sorry don't agree with your take on J McP
Spoke with a couple of Coventry fans I know , when he first arrived ,and they said you never knew which JMcP was going to turn up on a Saturday - one week great , next week a " bomb scare" .
Unfortunately , for me , he has lived up to that description .

Not really sure who I would give the Captain's Armbad to at this stage !!:greengrin

:rolleyes:

cloudy
29-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Give Thomson the armband probably the most experienced player and the best leader

Brightside
29-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Give Thomson the armband probably the most experienced player and the best leader

He's the only leader, and tries his best to explain the game to Fenlon!

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:15 AM

Aye because he treated it so well the last time he had the honour of being captain of Hibernian Football Club. I'd rather get Bob Malcolm in to be captain than have him ever captain my club ever again.

He had his chance. :rolleyes:

Brightside
29-07-2013, 10:24 AM
He's the only one in the current squad with leadership qualities. I wouldnt even give it to Hanlon. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:30 AM
He's the only one in the current squad with leadership qualities. I wouldnt even give it to Hanlon. :wink:

You do know you can pay out at any time? :greengrin

woody0-7
29-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Thomson for me aswell guys !

happiehibbie
29-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Captain,

well ours has been posted missing during and after the malmo game, the only people who we seem to hear from are the kids.

I think Thomson is a good shout been there and has done it

Big ben is a good shout but I think the captain needs to be in and about the game speaking and leading with example sometines difficult for a goalie.

We need leadership from the bench to the left winger (showing my age) Fenlon sat down for most of the game with his head in his hands I belive he should have been up giving direction.

McPake well he ripped his tights again and has not sufaced yet I think we should claim the INS on this guy am afraid his injury has caught him up.

lets hope that the deafining silence from our club is a positive for Sunday Morning and Fenlon plays FIT players in the POSITION they play and he has a plan B if we go behind if not then its going to be a log season

PS please sign a couple of defenders
GGTTH

happiehibbie
29-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Aye because he treated it so well the last time he had the honour of being captain of Hibernian Football Club. I'd rather get Bob Malcolm in to be captain than have him ever captain my club ever again.

He had his chance. :rolleyes:

I am with you on the way he left but if a new employer offers you an extra 15k a week what woul;d you do ?

lets move on Thomson is back and a class act he has all the skill sets to be our captain

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I am with you on the way he left but if a new employer offers you an extra 15k a week what woul;d you do ?

lets move on Thomson is back and a class act he has all the skill sets to be our captain

I'd leave too, but i'd leave a wee bit differently to the way he did. And i wouldn't be daft enough to think i could ever take that job again.

And we keep hearing that something is rotten to the core of our club, how we are a soft touch.

Well i'd say giving someone who did what he did when leaving says more about the club than any guess at what this soft touch is?

Giving him the honour would say to me, yes you can treat the club like sheite, but thats ok here's the armband again we have erased the way you left, the way you treated the club and its fans its not important.

Well it was important, it ripped the club apart at the time. A time when we just might have won the Scottish cup, but the club was not important to him and Brown at the time. A couple of selfish players who did not give a toss about the team or the captaincy in Thomsons case.

No wonder folk think of us as a soft touch.

J-C
29-07-2013, 11:06 AM
I think Thomson and Brown at that time were being turned by their agent Gary, a promise of big wages and signing on fees etc, they were fairly young and made mistakes, which Thomson has apologised for, so we should move on. He is the only natural captain in the squad, knows the game well, leads on the field and has the respect from the majority of players too, I'm not a fan of giving keepers the band as they are a bit distanced from the majority of play.

edinburghhibee
29-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Thommo's not a captain never has been. A captain gets players going, leads by example and grabs games by the scruff of the neck to benefit his team since Thomson has returned I can't remember one game he has completed 2 of the 3 mentioned in one game. Feel free to tell me the game he has and ill try refresh my memory.

cloudy
29-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Scottish cup semi final when pat was lost for words at half time it was KT that took over and we all know what happened in the second half

J-C
29-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Scottish cup semi final when pat was lost for words at half time it was KT that took over and we all know what happened in the second half

:top marks:agree:

One Day
29-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Thomson for me aswell guys !

only because there is no one else at the moment

DAVE1875
29-07-2013, 06:14 PM
For me

Captain: Thomson

Vice-Captain: Williams

Humo
29-07-2013, 06:14 PM
For the record Brown donated all of his signing on fees to the Hibernian youth set up

Andy74
29-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Rowan Vine. Respect the beard.

Pretty Boy
29-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Jordan Forster for me.

For a young lad he was one of the few trying to get those around him to get their heads up on Thursday. Even though his own performance was dodgy he kept plugging away.

Thomsons head went down after the 2nd goal and i'm convinced the tackle he got booked for was an attempt to get himself sent off.

edinburghhibee
29-07-2013, 06:20 PM

Not that I'm saying your not telling the truth but where did this info come from? I highly doubt that pat didn't say anything and KT took over the team talk. Only my opinion though.

SunshineOnLeith
29-07-2013, 06:30 PM
After the amount of 'effort' he showed in the cup final and last week, Thomson should be nowhere near our team, let alone the captaincy.

Holmesdale Hibs
29-07-2013, 06:39 PM

That's one version of the story, another is McPake did. Reality is that was probably not down to one person.

McPake should stay captain for the time being IMO and deserves a chance to regain fitness.

I have no problem with KT playing for us but given the way he left I think he needs to prove his loyalty for another season or so before being given the captaincy. I'd prefer someone else if there was another decent candidat.. Maybe one of the new boys?

Billychaotic182
29-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Stevenson......

brydekirk
29-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Hanlon was captain today v Newcastle.

Billy Whizz
29-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Hanlon was captain today v Newcastle.

Any idea who played in defence?

Humo
30-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Any idea who played in defence?

We just built a brick wall - it's the most effective way we've found :wink:

happiehibbie
30-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Stevenson......

WAY to FAR

Heisenberg
30-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I dont think it should be Williams tbh. Not many others available though. Thomson? Not a chance.