PDA

View Full Version : A clue to what is wrong with our culture?

Islington Hibs
29-07-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23460365 From BBC website of 26th July talking the day after 0-7 and about Collins signing . "I haven't seen the chairman today," said Fenlon. "We were in negotiations with him and his club and I don't know where it got to.
"We have been working away on it, so hopefully we can get it done." If this is true it is extraordinary. Firstly I would have expected, at the very least Petire to discuss in detail, what went wrong after such a disastrous result and what lessons could be learned. Further for Fenlon to be unaware how the negotiations with Collins were going is also frankly bizarre. If this BBC quote is accurate this says much about what is wrong. No accountability and leadership from Petrie and a manager who has no clue as to whether his star signing has signed or not.

Iain G
29-07-2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23460365 From BBC website of 26th July talking the day after 0-7 and about Collins signing . "I haven't seen the chairman today," said Fenlon. "We were in negotiations with him and his club and I don't know where it got to.
"We have been working away on it, so hopefully we can get it done." If this is true it is extraordinary. Firstly I would have expected, at the very least Petire to discuss in detail, what went wrong after such a disastrous result and what lessons could be learned. Further for Fenlon to be unaware how the negotiations with Collins were going is also frankly bizarre. If this BBC quote is accurate this says much about what is wrong. No accountability and leadership from Petrie and a manager who has no clue as to whether his star signing has signed or not.

Or it's Pat spinning a bit of a yarm so as to avoid answering the question :agree:

matty_f
29-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Or it's Pat spinning a bit of a yarm so as to avoid answering the question :agree:

I would suspect this is closer to reality.

Onion
29-07-2013, 09:00 AM

:agree: think you're right. Sounds fed up answering questions. However, things are seriously wrong with Hibs PR at the moment :

Nothing about last Thursday or Fenlon and its 10am, 4 days later.
No mention of Collins signing - yet he's talking away in the Sun. Must have been given the go ahead to talk to the press by the ER Press Office, yet nothing about him sign being signed up - totally weird !

Me thinks there's about to be a major announcement this morning, and all other news has been put on hold.

Islington Hibs
29-07-2013, 09:16 AM
:agree: think you're right. Sounds fed up answering questions. However, things are seriously wrong with Hibs PR at the moment :

No mention of Collins signing - yet he's talking away in the Sun. Must have been given the go ahead to talk to the press by the ER Press Office, yet nothing about him sign being signed up - totally weird !

Me thinks there's about to be a major announcement this morning, and all other news has been put on hold. Crossed my mind too. They are very quick with PR about buying a season and with good news such as the critical Foyle Cup win (?!). Something odd. Perhaps Fenlon is off? By the way I voted in the poll, on balance, to run with him, simply as I am not sure we can afford to change managers all the time and there was a modicum of progress last year but we will see.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 09:24 AM
STF must wonder at times why we stumble along from one crisis to the next, under the guy he says is the best, and he wished he had a hundred of?

Maybe STF is not as bright as we give him credit for, and he's just a stubborn bugger who will not admit he's got this one so wrong? :confused:

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Me thinks there's about to be a major announcement this morning, and all other news has been put on hold.

Peter Odemwingie

Caversham Green
29-07-2013, 09:28 AM

The quote itself is apparently from Thursday evening though.

silverhibee
29-07-2013, 11:07 AM

Pat doesn't tell porkies though. :wink: :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
29-07-2013, 11:25 AM

If he was being smart why would he come out with a yarn that makes both him and the club look clueless? :confused: This reads to me like the words of a guy who has lost the plot (if he ever had it in the first place).

PatHead
29-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Often it isn't what is said but what is not said in these press briefings. He says he hasn't seen Petrie today, not that he hasn't spoken to him. He doesn't say anything about not discussing Thursday. I refuse to believe they wouldn't have had a discussion. Personally if I was Petrie I wouldn't have wanted to speak to Pat on Thursday and leave it to Friday. He just says they hadn't discussed Collins.