PDA

View Full Version : Team needs us more than ever

GlenrothesHibee
28-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Can everyone concentrate on getting behind the team for the start of the season? A good start is vital if we are going to be challenging at the top end of the table and the team needs enormous backing after a huge moral crushing defeat. I will be at ER next Sunday supporting the boys to the hilt even if we go behind.

Or we can boo, shout at Fenlon and destroy the confidence of the young players further?

I'm_cabbaged
28-07-2013, 11:01 AM
I'll boo if I want to, ta very much. Infact I might even boo*****boooo. Acceptance of mediocrity is one of our problems.

LioNeilMessi
28-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Can everyone concentrate on getting behind the team for the start of the season? A good start is vital if we are going to be challenging at the top end of the table and the team needs enormous backing after a huge moral crushing defeat. I will be at ER next Sunday supporting the boys to the hilt even if we go behind.

Or we can boo, shout at Fenlon and destroy the confidence of the young players further?

I hope not. I'm really looking forward to see what the young guys can offer us. I think if we're looking for pace up front then the young lad Dean Horribine should be given a chance off the bench from the start of the season, saw him at Raith and he reminded me of a young Sproule (dodgy finishing included :greengrin).

hibs0666
28-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Tried that approach on Thursday night, at the Celtic cup final and also the other cup final. It doesn't work believe me.

That squad needs to find a backbone all by itself I'm afraid.

BH Hibs
28-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Honourable sentiments but maybe it's time for the players, management and everyone else at the club to show us the fans that we are not going to be spineless pushovers willing to accept mediocrity anymore. GGTTH

hibsbollah
28-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm looking forward to Sunday. The team can easily bounce back from this.

Craig_in_Prague
28-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I would say more that the Fans need a Team more than ever.

Diclonius
28-07-2013, 11:18 AM
It's clear that Fenlon isn't losing his job any time soon and on that basis I will back the team. Can't make the Motherwell game due to work but I'll be at every other home tie this season and will be booking my derby ticket as soon as they go on sale. It really can't get any worse. :aok:

kaimendhibs
28-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AL-Qaholik
28-07-2013, 11:31 AM

:agree: This. A thousand times, THIS! Time for the players, management, board etc etc to stand up and be counted! :agree:

RoYO!
28-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Why am I now looking forward to Sunday?! Haha funny old game and all that.

2 good perfomances/ victories could be huge for at least first quarter of the season. I think the first 2 games may well demonstrate If Fenlon has the backing of the team/ ability to steer us in the right direction. A loss at Tynie and that's it for him I would reckon

The Voice Of Reason
28-07-2013, 11:44 AM

Spot on sir !

The fans can only do so much and have been brilliant (as acknowledged by the board and Fenlon).

By the way, some clowns on here are claiming that the same fans were to blame for wotherspoons dreadful performances. Laughable!

hibbydog
28-07-2013, 11:45 AM
:agree: This. A thousand times, THIS! Time for the players, management, board etc etc to stand up and be counted! :agree:

:agree:

Overall i thinks the team get great support from us, despite everything.

The difficulty is getting them to respond to it. I think the last few years have shown that no amount of support or encouragement will make them give the jersey the passion it deserves.

Motivation comes from within and all that management *****. We can't make them want it.

neil7908
28-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Tried that approach on Thursday night, at the Celtic cup final and also the other cup final. It doesn't work believe me.

That squad needs to find a backbone all by itself I'm afraid.

Correct. Big turnout on Thursday by the fans, ditto for both cup finals. Looks like we will have more ST holders than last years as well. What more can the fans do? We were very vocal against Malmo for the first 20-30 mins but once your team goes 3,4,5,6 goals behind, what impact can we have? I didn't stay until the end against Malmo but when I left at 0-5 there was no one around me booing or abusing Hibs players.

At the Celtic final the support, especially during the last 10 minutes and after the final whistle, was exceptional.

I dont understand paying money to get into a game to boo your own team but at the same time I would completely understand folk being very hesitant about the Motherwell game and deciding not to bother.

Time for the club to give back a bit to the fans, not the other way round.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Spot on sir !

The fans can only do so much and have been brilliant (as acknowledged by the board and Fenlon).

By the way, some clowns on here are claiming that the same fans were to blame for wotherspoons dreadful performances. Laughable!

:agree: In fact the fans have been criticised for giving too much support recently, it appears some folk dont want us to sing when we are losing. On Thursday the support was immense, from the 1st minute, but had their balls kicked hard after 15 minutes.

Understandably they were quiet once we started to get pumped, but i suppose if we had kept on singing and cheering, we'd only be slaughtered for behaving like the tartan army, or accepting defeat by having a party?

Its about time the team did their bit, the fans have been doing it for ages.

Keith_M
28-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Scottish cup Final 2012 - Hibs support turned up in massive numbers and outsung the opposition (team humped 5-1)

Scottish cup Final 2013 - Hibs support turned up in massive numbers and outsung the opposition (team never at the races)

Malmo home leg, nearly 16,000 Hibs supporters turned up and created a fantastic atmosphere. (team humiliated 7-0)

------------------------------

I think it's about time the Team and the Manager backed the Supporters!!!!!

Andy74
28-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Scottish cup Final 2012 - Hibs support turned up in massive numbers and outsung the opposition (team humped 5-1)

Scottish cup Final 2013 - Hibs support turned up in massive numbers and outsung the opposition (team never at the races)

Malmo home leg, nearly 16,000 Hibs supporters turned up and created a fantastic atmosphere. (team humiliated 7-0)

------------------------------

I think it's about time the Team and the Manager backed the Supporters!!!!!

There were also times we turned up in numbers and we won.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2013, 01:43 PM

100% this.

I'll be there supporting the club as always. The team owes us.

Sylar
28-07-2013, 01:48 PM
The "Devil's Advocate" response would be that we, as fans, are nothing more than "customers" or a financial lifeline to the sustenance of the club.

Time to show us WHY we should continue to back a collective board, manager and group of players who have given f*** all back when it really matters.

People wouldn't continue to dine in a restaurant if the service/standard or food dropped yet the club expect us to rally like obliged sheep whenever they get knocked on their arse. How about giving us a reason to keep coming back and investing?

Onion
28-07-2013, 01:58 PM

:top marks The Hibs fans' support for this team, the manager and the Club has been exceptional and way beyond anything they could expect or deserve. We just need the Board, Manager and Players to do their job - and in that order :cb

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 01:58 PM

Nail firmly hit on the head!

SlickShoes
28-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Had a season ticket nearly my entire life, kept hope up since the Collins fiasco but after another humiliation I'm no up for going back yet. Two back to back cup final losses, turgid football and the biggest humiliation in Europe ever.

I'm still a hibs supporter but ill pick and choose my games, maybe a few away games near me in Glasgow first but if things continue like this I don't think hibs will see many walk up fans.

We have suffered the last 5 years and backed the team well considering the football we have produced.

down-the-slope
28-07-2013, 02:21 PM

While I agree with that - currently we have only 15 fit and available players to make such a team from for next week :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
28-07-2013, 02:31 PM
We always support the team. In fact I don't think any other support in the country is as patient and tolerant of perennial underachievement as we are. Perhaps that's part of the problem: we're too accepting of consistent failure and let those running the club off the hook too easily. We'll support the team as usual. I just hope we don't have thrown back in our faces yet again.

One Day
28-07-2013, 02:40 PM

Spot on

Alfred E Newman
28-07-2013, 02:56 PM
We always support the team. In fact I don't think any other support in the country is as patient and tolerant of perennial underachievement as we are. Perhaps that's part of the problem: we're too accepting of consistent failure and let those running the club off the hook too easily. We'll support the team as usual. I just hope we don't have thrown back in our faces yet again.

Spot on. Being asked to shrug off one of the most embarrassing results in the clubs history is a perfect example.

snooky
28-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Aye, :singing: "No More One Way Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2GydHRPvI&noredirect=1

NOLA
28-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I just can't bring myself to applaud that team onto the pitch against motherwell, hence I won't be there, for some reason this defeat has affected me more than the ibrox7 ever did or even the cup final which I got over quite quickly, will be a while before I can support this team again :(

snooky
28-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I just can't bring myself to applaud that team onto the pitch against motherwell, hence I won't be there, for some reason this defeat has affected me more than the ibrox7 ever did or even the cup final which I got over quite quickly, will be a while before I can support this team again :(

The 2012 cup final result was heavily influenced by a person outwith our control and therefore some element of sympathy was afforded to the team.
However, on Thursday night, professional etiquette by Malmo IMO stopped us getting an even bigger drubbing. This was total capitulation. No excuses for a performance like that - none.

The worst scenario would be if this disaster was followed by another of equal scale.
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen :pray:

Keith_M
28-07-2013, 04:00 PM
There were also times we turned up in numbers and we won.

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or incapable of understanding the point.

To make it a little clearer, as you seem to be having difficulty: WE as fans DO turn up and give fantastic support but we're pig sick of doing so and being kicked in the baws by the team. It's time for THEM to start turning up!

Paisley Hibby
28-07-2013, 04:14 PM

Why should the team and management get away with being so utterly pathetic? It's time we fans held them to account quite frankly. I hope that next Sunday, Fenlon (in particular) is left in no doubt that very very many of just want him to **** off.

Holmesdale Hibs
28-07-2013, 04:27 PM
The team owes than fans some decent performances. Pumped vs Hearts, pumped in Europe, probably would have been pumped by more vs Celtic if they could have been arsed. That's 3 massive games in the last year that we've not performed in.

I'm not suggesting we all boo the team but if some people aren't totally up for it on Sunday then that's fair enough.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Why should the team and management get away with being so utterly pathetic? It's time we fans held them to account quite frankly. I hope that next Sunday, Fenlon (in particular) is left in no doubt that very very many of just want him to **** off.

To be honest i'm not sure that having a go at the Motherwell game acheives anything.

I've been as critical of Fenlon and the team as anyone over the last few days but he isn't going to be sacked and won't resign, why would he this is the biggest job he will ever have. So once again it will be up to the 8 or 9k that attend the game to get behind the team.

Hopefully the team react positively on the park as opposed to the usual bold statements that mean very little.

marinello59
28-07-2013, 06:43 PM

I hope anything like that is saved for after the game. With confidence already wrecked barracking the team and manager throughout the 90 minutes will achieve nothing. I won't be clapping them on but if they give us something to cheer about then I will react. I am hoping Fenlon won't get any hassle because he simply won't be there.

Jonnyboy
28-07-2013, 06:47 PM
The team owes than fans some decent performances. Pumped vs Hearts, pumped in Europe, probably would have been pumped by more vs Celtic if they could have been arsed. That's 3 massive games in the last year that we've not performed in.

I'm not suggesting we all boo the team but if some people aren't totally up for it on Sunday then that's fair enough.

Apparently it's unfair to judge him on those games alone.

TBH I wasn't aware that most posters were. They simply highlight the obvious disasters.

Andy74
28-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or incapable of understanding the point.

To make it a little clearer, as you seem to be having difficulty: WE as fans DO turn up and give fantastic support but we're pig sick of doing so and being kicked in the baws by the team. It's time for THEM to start turning up!

The impression was given that the fans turn up in numbers and keep being disappointed. That's not quite right. Those that went to Tynecastle were rewarded. Those that stayed at Hampden for the semi. The away cup game at Killie. The Dunfermline relegation game, the Scottisj cup semi last year as well. Quite a few games.

We are getting to these games though. Even if getting there has been disappointing in the end. Far worse is getting horsed regularly by poor to average teams. In that sense we have improved over the last couple of years.

marinello59
28-07-2013, 06:53 PM
The impression was given that the fans turn up in numbers and keep being disappointed. That's not quite right. Those that went to Tynecastle were rewarded. Those that stayed at Hampden for the semi. The away cup game at Killie. The Dunfermline relegation game, the Scottisj cup semi last year as well. Quite a few games.

We are getting to these games though. Even if getting there has been disappointing in the end. Far worse is getting horsed regularly by poor to average teams. In that sense we have improved over the last couple of years.

I wouldn't be highlighting a relegation decider as a reward to the fans. We shouldn't have been playing one in the first place.

Andy74
28-07-2013, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't be highlighting a relegation decider as a reward to the fans. We shouldn't have been playing one in the first place.

That's where we were though. Fans turned up to back the team and the team turned up.

By the same token losing in cup finals should count as disappointments?

Hero76
28-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Finding it hard to see any positives about our up and coming games

Paisley Hibby
28-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I hope anything like that is saved for after the game. With confidence already wrecked barracking the team and manager throughout the 90 minutes will achieve nothing. I won't be clapping them on but if they give us something to cheer about then I will react. I am hoping Fenlon won't get any hassle because he simply won't be there.

Of course! I wouldn't advocate booing the team while they're playing. That's just self-defeating. There's other ways of letting them know what we think and at the right time.

Wotherspiniesta
28-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Spot on sir !

I think we've been terrible since Wotherspoon left :agree:

One Day Soon
28-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Spot on

Oi, where did you come from? I've never noticed that user name before.

AlbertK86
28-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I was absolutely p155ed off on Thursday night and all weekend but I agree with the OP - the team need our backing.

I have never booed the players during any game as this does nowt but destroy confidence.

Yep I moan about certain performances on here but I have backed Pat and every other manager we have had.

To me it is the board and in particular RP that must shoulder the blame.

So yep despite my ire at the board and the continual kicks in the nuts we take as fans I will be giving the team my full backing as usual. Thats what fans do.

Hoping the team have the guts and are embarrassed into giving something back to the fans.

Allez Allez Allez Oh

GGTTH

:scarf::flag:

Franck Stanton
28-07-2013, 08:07 PM
The "Devil's Advocate" response would be that we, as fans, are nothing more than "customers" or a financial lifeline to the sustenance of the club.

Time to show us WHY we should continue to back a collective board, manager and group of players who have given f*** all back when it really matters.

People wouldn't continue to dine in a restaurant if the service/standard or food dropped yet the club expect us to rally like obliged sheep whenever they get knocked on their arse. How about giving us a reason to keep coming back and investing?

Well said that man Agree 100%