PDA

View Full Version : apology....

Wyatt.S.Earp
28-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Well its Sunday after the worst week in Hibernian...history....still disgusted and embarrassed....feeling ashamed of a once great club...however we will hopefully fight our way back no doubt,but in truth the way football is going in Scotland and I'm now 62..."not in my lifetime"...but.......you would think these clowns at Easter Road...would have the courtesy...the manners...the thought for all the guys and gals who spend a lot of money supporting Hibs.and the youngsters who are tomorrows supporters..to apologise for what was a shocking display...to come out and give a public press conference....Fenlon,Farmer and Petrie...and some off the rest of these imposters down at Easter Road who keep hiding away....some form off explantion...not the guff that Fenlon comes out with.....we are not kids ...believe me this coming season is going to be shocker...hope I am wrong ...but the players ,the set up ,the manager,the boardroom.......its...:confused:...not good.....

I'm_cabbaged
28-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Hardly the worst week in our history, sniff sniff.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2013, 10:20 AM
http://pjmedia.com/files/2012/02/drama_queen1.jpg

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2013, 10:21 AM
It is disgraceful that nothing has been said since Thursday night tho...in fact the silence is deafening???

Mikey
28-07-2013, 10:21 AM
...hope I am wrong .......

No you don't.

HFC07
28-07-2013, 10:23 AM
It is disgraceful that nothing has been said since Thursday night tho...in fact the silence is deafening???

I agree, there should of been something said or at least a statement of how they intend to turn this around.

FranckSuzy
28-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Well its Sunday after the worst week in Hibernian...history....still disgusted and embarrassed....feeling ashamed of a once great club...however we will hopefully fight our way back no doubt,but in truth the way football is going in Scotland and I'm now 62..."not in my lifetime"...but.......you would think these clowns at Easter Road...would have the courtesy...the manners...the thought for all the guys and gals who spend a lot of money supporting Hibs.and the youngsters who are tomorrows supporters..to apologise for what was a shocking display...to come out and give a public press conference....Fenlon,Farmer and Petrie...and some off the rest of these imposters down at Easter Road who keep hiding away....some form off explantion...not the guff that Fenlon comes out with.....we are not kids ...believe me this coming season is going to be shocker...hope I am wrong ...but the players ,the set up ,the manager,the boardroom.......its...:confused:...not good.....

IMHO, the worst week to be a Hibs fan was when a certain fat Tory tried to kill our club :aok:

Leithenhibby
28-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Keep it in perspective Mr :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
28-07-2013, 10:25 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23460294

PeterboroHibee
28-07-2013, 10:28 AM
The opening post is a bit dramatic but I agree with the general point, it is very odd the club have been so quiet. Id have expected some response from them (beyond the match report that doesnt really give any opinion).

Mikey
28-07-2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23460294

People (don't) hear what they want.

marinello59
28-07-2013, 10:32 AM
No matter what is said in an Official club statement it will get ripped to pieces. I am not really interested in hearing any platitudes released as a press statement. Let's see what action is taken.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2013, 10:32 AM
It's not for the board to comment on football matters and I'd be very surprised to hear any club's Chairman do so.

Apart of Vlad, of course, but his influence extended to picking the team.

Waxy
28-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Far from the worst week in our history.
The shock of our worst scoreline (numbers wise) and a single awful performance
in front of a huge crowd has whacked us all.
More so because no one expected it.
Everyone has reacted.It's natural.

The Voice Of Reason
28-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Mikey - what are your thoughts on whether Fenlon should stay or go ?

c31
28-07-2013, 10:44 AM
If you put it all in context it is the worst week we have had -

We know we have been going backwards for years but this week proved how far back we have gone. There was no football on show, no passion, not one player on that park could even come close to getting in a previous Hibs team that's what makes it the worst we have ever had, our squad is full of proven failures.

The manager, board and fans are part of a club that is at the lowest we have ever been, what's to be done first I would get some experienced journeyman players in to help the youngsters and then see if that provides a platform with which we can build from, but it's a long way up........If we don't then God help us.

Mikey
28-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Mikey - what are your thoughts on whether Fenlon should stay or go ?

I'd give him the first half a dozen games of the season and see where we are.

Hibs07p
28-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Did we not die on 19/05/2012? Couldn't possibly have just had our worse week in history, unless the pink ones have not been liquidated yet.
GGTTH

Wyatt.S.Earp
28-07-2013, 10:53 AM
sorry if some guys feel my opening was o.t.t......but I'm gutted....supported Hibs since I can remember.!!!....it seems like no one at Easter Road cares....no kidding...this is serious......we are facing into an "ABYSS".......another season where we scrape through....falling numbers .....as a Saturday outing its expensive and its ****................have to say...he can be a blether...but Graham Spiers's...piece in yesterdays Herald...sums it up....for me....

The Voice Of Reason
28-07-2013, 10:58 AM

My worry with that is that we will likely be down near the bottom of the league by then. A new manager would be limited in what he could do re bringing in new players.

I honestly can't see us improving under Fenlon (boo hoo smiley if I had one on my phone).

Sigh.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-07-2013, 10:59 AM

It always is...it's the "Hibs way" so we are told.

Wyatt.S.Earp
28-07-2013, 11:01 AM
yip....but its wrong...oooh so wrong.....

KeithTheHibby
28-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I reckon there will be some kind of statement this week from the club in anticipation of the start of the season which will may mention the disappointment of last week.

neil7908
28-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Not the worst week in our history but as poor a performance as I've seen by any team (not just Hibs) in a long, long time - and I was watching Tahiti vs. Spain not that long ago!

I think another poster has said it right, I want action, not words. I didn't even read all of Fenlon's statement after the game, started it then realised it was going to be the same stuff that was said after the 1-5 game ie. nothing that would make a shred of difference about how gutted I felt.

I want Fenlon to go and still feel that he wont be our manager for long. Realistically though except sacking him, no statement by the board would make a difference. The dust has settled and it looks like he wont be going immediately, I'm expecting him to be given a few games. My only concern now is that the team needs new blood - we either need to sack him now or make a call, let him spend any remaining money in the budget and hope that another couple of signings can help.

After Thursday I was dreading the start of the season, now I'm almost looking forward to the Motherwell game, partly to see the reaction we will get. Another poor showing and he must be gone.

A little of topic but any official news on Collins? Anyone know why its taken so long, most in the know folk on here and papers are certain he has signed, for me now would be the perfect time to lift spirits by announcing a new striker.

Dinkydoo
28-07-2013, 11:07 AM
sorry if some guys feel my opening was o.t.t......but I'm gutted....supported Hibs since I can remember.!!!....it seems like no one at Easter Road cares....no kidding...this is serious......we are facing into an "ABYSS".......another season where we scrape through....falling numbers .....as a Saturday outing its expensive and its ****................have to say...he can be a blether...but Graham Spiers's...piece in yesterdays Herald...sums it up....for me....

You yams always give yourself away with absolutely horrific, seemingly made-up, punctuation.

GlenrothesHibee
28-07-2013, 11:09 AM

Talk about over reaction. Staring into an abyss? Look across the city. We have a squad that will be top 6 come May

KinchHibee
28-07-2013, 11:11 AM
A statement really isn't needed, in written form at least. Only way to move on from the mess of this week is to perform on the pitch.

Mikey
28-07-2013, 11:11 AM
My worry with that is that we will likely be down near the bottom of the league by then. A new manager would be limited in what he could do re bringing in new players.

I honestly can't see us improving under Fenlon (boo hoo smiley if I had one on my phone).

Sigh.

I'm not convinced, I think we've got a decent SPL team.

Here's what I think will happen (not to be mixed up with what I want to happen)...........

Top 4 finish, 1 or more trips to Hampden but no silverware, the manager will see out the season but not be offered a new contract.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2013, 11:14 AM
You yams always give yourself away with absolutely horrific, seemingly made-up, punctuation.

No idea if he's a yam or not, but an apology should definitely be issued for the disgraceful abuse of ellipses.

Diclonius
28-07-2013, 11:16 AM

:tee hee:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2013, 11:16 AM

Whats the point in waiting to empty him until after the transfer window has closed? IMHO he should've taken the decision out of the clubs hands and got himself out the door by now.

DanTheMan
28-07-2013, 11:17 AM
The boy is full stop daft

Mikey
28-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Whats the point in waiting to empty him until after the transfer window has closed? IMHO he should've taken the decision out of the clubs hands and got himself out the door by now.

Did you read post 28?

Andy74
28-07-2013, 11:18 AM
We got an apology after the game. Move on.

Some on here would like the club to wallow in pity for weeks. No thanks. Everyone getting on with their jobs and starting the season well is what we need.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Did you read post 28?

Aye.

The Voice Of Reason

Here's what I think will happen (not to be mixed up with what I want to happen)...........

Top 4 finish, 1 or more trips to Hampden but no silverware, the manager will see out the season but not be offered a new contract.

Top 4 finish ?! I salute your indefatigability mate !

However minus Griffiths (even with him we finished bottom 6 last season!) and based on the clear lack of pace throughout the team, I fail to understand how you think we will finish top 4 !!!

I obviously hope you are right though !!!

Mikey
Aye.

Well that's your answer.

smurf
28-07-2013, 11:23 AM
We have had worse weeks in our history but there's no denying that this week was hugely embarrassing and if we are honest not hugely surprising.

Too many are refusing to acknowledge how poor we were last season. If not for the utter brilliance of Leigh Griffiths we would have been in huge trouble. A significant number of his goals were through him making the goal happen not him as a striker on the end of a team effort.

Defensively we are weak. We have no pace in the side. The style of football is eye bleeding. Our signing policy of midfielder after midfielder bizarre.

The manager has been backed and it is he who is responsible. To not be challenging for second place this season would be unforgivable given the circumstances. I'm sure the board agree. Now is the time for their leadership. We need a manager with tactical nous. And fast.

Dinkydoo
28-07-2013, 11:24 AM
No idea if he's a yam or not, but an apology should definitely be issued for the disgraceful abuse of ellipses.

:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
28-07-2013, 11:25 AM
We have had worse weeks in our history but there's no denying that this week was hugely embarrassing and if we are honest not hugely surprising.

Too many are refusing to acknowledge how poor we were last season. If not for the utter brilliance of Leigh Griffiths we would have been in huge trouble. A significant number of his goals were through him making the goal happen not him as a striker on the end of a team effort.

Defensively we are weak. We have no pace in the side. The style of football is eye bleeding. Our signing policy of midfielder after midfielder bizarre.

The manager has been backed and it is he who is responsible. To not be challenging for second place this season would be unforgivable given the circumstances. I'm sure the board agree. Now is the time for their leadership. We need a manager with tactical nous. And fast.

Absolutely spot on mate :top marks

Jones28
28-07-2013, 11:25 AM
The best statement that can be made is by winning our first few games. Especially the derby. I don't believe the coming season is going to be pish. Because of a lack of action once again we go into the new season under prepared and still needing to gel together as a team.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2013, 11:27 AM

:agree:

And abysses.

Kaiser1962
28-07-2013, 11:28 AM
IMHO, the worst week to be a Hibs fan was when a certain fat Tory tried to kill our club :aok:

I think a certain week in February 1891 would pip it.

Chump
28-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I started a thread called 'Clearout (including Fenlon)' after the cup final and was swiftly shot down in flames by the hibs.net hierarchy as a Yam imposter....granted it was naively my first ever post but I've managed to gain the trust of fellow hibs fans under a different name and still stand by my original post......

I don't get excited by the board of directors but I don't point the finger at them.....for me 100% it's the manager and players. The board are businessmen running a business - they employ professionals whose job is managing and playing football and that is where we have failed miserably.

A manager in any walk of life has to display and install vision, a robust strategy, shows ability to change when things don't work out and most of all lay down a plan for those working for him - PF IMO displays none of these attributes

As for the players....I, once again, stand by my OP statement that they are not good enough - they lack the basic abilities that Malmo players displayed on Thursday which is good first touches, telling first time balls, finishing, movement and I hate to say it but a real desire!!

I don't necessarily agree with your statement that this season is going to be a shocker but I cannot see the football being a vast improvemnt, Hibs challenging in the top 4 or any player being a stand out like last year :((

Emerald
28-07-2013, 11:36 AM
He is under contract to do these interviews. Hibs should say something but instead they will sweep it under the carpet and Fenlon will march on. I really hope I'm wrong.

whiskyhibby
28-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Spot on!!

:hibees

FranckSuzy
28-07-2013, 11:44 AM
I think a certain week in February 1891 would pip it.

Contrary to what you might have heard, I am not THAT old :rolleyes: :greengrin

flash
28-07-2013, 11:45 AM

The only apology I need is from you for the 30 seconds I spent reading the above I will never get back.

hibbymick
28-07-2013, 11:45 AM

"Guys and gals"....... Now where have I heard that before....:hmmm: It was either jimmy Saville or a jambo.....now then now then now then.:cb

Hibbyradge
28-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Did Watt Earp actually know Buffalo Bill Cody or were they just at the 1902 cup final separately?

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Well that's your answer.

I admire your optimism, but, if a Hibs team minus Griffiths manages that I'll be amazed.

Hope it turns out the way you want though.

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Ltyf!

Pretty Boy
28-07-2013, 01:47 PM
No matter what is said in an Official club statement it will get ripped to pieces. I am not really interested in hearing any platitudes released as a press statement. Let's see what action is taken.

Yep, actions speak far louder than words.

Consistently improved performances will be a far better apology than empty words.

Hibernia&Alba
28-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't know whether such honourable behavior has ever existed in football. Pride is likely to prevent a manager resigning after a hammering. Politicians no longer resign due to incompetence in the way they once did. Taking responsibility is somehow regarded as quaint, sadly. I agree with Mikey on Fenlon and have voiced the same opinion since Thursday. I'm reluctant to sack a manager before the domestic season has begun, but he's on very thin ice now and must prove himself immediately.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2013, 02:24 PM
An apology is merely lip service.....Need the player's and management to do the hard work on the training ground, and their talking on the pitch....Hopefully Thursday is highly motivational in terms of no repeats, and makes us stronger as a result

macca70
28-07-2013, 02:42 PM

If Fenlon manages to get us into top 4 and a visit to Hampden after Thursdays shambles then he should be given a place in the clubs Hall of Fame and a 10 year contract.

12 games in, we'll be bottom 6. Hearts probably caught up the 15 point start we got on them and we'll be resigned to the fact we have another battle just to try make top 6.

We'll have a dire start and wonder why the hell did we not bring in a new manager before start of the season.

macca70
28-07-2013, 02:48 PM
An apology is merely lip service.....Need the player's and management to do the hard work on the training ground, and their talking on the pitch....Hopefully Thursday is highly motivational in terms of no repeats, and makes us stronger as a result

This is what I am hoping, that Thursday has given the players the biggest wake up call and kick up the backside.

I really hope that this has made the players and coaches realise that there is a lot of hard work required to get us ready for the season ahead.

If we gain anything from Thursday it might be the fright and humiliation the players needed.

jacomo
28-07-2013, 03:12 PM

I agree, the bizarre punctuation is giving me a headache.

HKhibby
28-07-2013, 05:49 PM

Its just amazing that in this day in age that everyone has to have a label in scotland!...or described as something...or even better labelled something either because of their religious or political views or beliefs!

i have lived away scotland since 1986 now...thankfully! And also cannot understand constant dwelling or the hatred that comes out of scotland!, just one of the reasons scotland would never get on on itsown from the uk!.

by going on about a certain man that tried totake over hibs, shows insecurity to say the least, i myself hated wallace mercer for most of whathe did, but did not care about his size or political beliefs (if any) one bit, infact he was not a conservative supporter, he was a self supporter and never really divulged who he supported politically, andthis came from a former business / golf associat that i used to know that knew mercer very well!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2013, 06:26 PM
i have lived away scotland since 1986 now...thankfully!

Strange you've never mentioned that before!

Twa Cairpets
28-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Its just amazing that in this day in age that everyone has to have a label in scotland!...or described as something...or even better labelled something either because of their religious or political views or beliefs!

You're confusing labeling with adjectives. He was Fat, he was a Tory (despite what your made-up friend/golf associate said, and he most certainly was a *******.

i have lived away scotland since 1986 now...thankfully! And also cannot understand constant dwelling or the hatred that comes out of scotland!, just one of the reasons scotland would never get on on itsown from the uk!.
Really, you've lived away? I wasn't aware...
As for constant dwelling on the hatred - erm, did the irony bypass cause you much discomfort? I am convinced that Scotland must have had it's evil way with your Wife/Mother/Sister and then never called back.

by going on about a certain man that tried totake over hibs, shows insecurity to say the least
(a) No it doesn't
(b) He was brought up on a thread entirely within context

i myself hated wallace mercer for most of whathe did, but did not care about his size or political beliefs (if any) one bit, infact he was not a conservative supporter, he was a self supporter and never really divulged who he supported politically, andthis came from a former business / golf associat that i used to know that knew mercer very well!

You have a very literal interpretation of everything, don't you? I do enjoy your posts though, as your particular brand of rabid, mostly insane ex-pat unionism and ultra-conservatism combined with your truly outstanding use of ellipses and exclamation marks always makes me realise that as dark as things may get, I live thousands of miles away from a country where you feel at home.

Hibernia&Alba
28-07-2013, 06:38 PM

by going on about a certain man that tried totake over hibs, shows insecurity to say the least, i myself hated wallace mercer for most of whathe did, but did not care about his size or political beliefs (if any) one bit, infact he was not a conservative supporter, he was a self supporter and never really divulged who he supported politically, andthis came from a former business / golf associat that i used to know that knew mercer very well!
I'd bet anything he was a Tory. Edinburgh's establishment club is full of them, and it's another reason to hate them :greengrin

Treadstone
28-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Apart from the time he organised a photo shoot with the Conservative party at Tynecastle. Roundly condemned by Hearts supporter groups. I think it was prior to 1992 general election.

cabbageandribs1875
28-07-2013, 06:42 PM

!

you've not been missed, scotland has thrived without you :bye: and in the words of the Del amitri 1998 world cup song..."don't come home too soon"

please

Jonnyboy
28-07-2013, 06:43 PM

Ain't that the truth

marinello59
28-07-2013, 06:49 PM

:top marks
One of your best posts yet. It's good to know that when things are at their bleakest we can count on you to demonstrate that you are still as mad as a box of frogs on acid.

Ryan69
28-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Hardly the worst week in our history, sniff sniff.

Name a worse one?

We just.got trounced 9-0 overal against a side that realistically we have a chance against!
Barcelona,Real Madrid....teams like that you brush off 7-0.
Not Malmo...its.disgusting!
I agree completely with OP! If thats not embarrasment...then what is?

Disgusted with our performance,and shocked that since that night....theres not been anything from Hibs...though we have supposedly even payed money for a player since then!
What is happening at Hibs....Are they on a long weekend or something?

Hero76
28-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Name a worse one?

We just.got trounced 9-0 overal against a side that realistically we have a chance against!
Barcelona,Real Madrid....teams like that you brush off 7-0.
Not Malmo...its.disgusting!
I agree completely with OP! If thats not embarrasment...then what is?

Disgusted with our performance,and shocked that since that night....theres not been anything from Hibs...though we have supposedly even payed money for a player since then!
What is happening at Hibs....Are they on a long weekend or something?

Its the Hibs way

Itsnoteasy
28-07-2013, 06:57 PM
You're confusing labeling with adjectives. He was Fat, he was a Tory (despite what your made-up friend/golf associate said, and he most certainly was a *******.

As for constant dwelling on the hatred - erm, did the irony bypass cause you much discomfort? I am convinced that Scotland must have had it's evil way with your Wife/Mother/Sister and then never called back.

(a) No it doesn't

You have a very literal interpretation of everything, don't you? I do enjoy your posts though, as your particular brand of rabid, mostly insane ex-pat unionism and ultra-conservatism combined with your truly outstanding use of ellipses and exclamation marks always makes me realise that as dark as things may get, I live thousands of miles away from a country where you feel at home.

As the song goes at Tesco Superstore 2 weeks today W****ce M****r 6ft under. HHTHAH

18/03/07
28-07-2013, 07:02 PM
To the op,get back to fash.rix/ thommo.com

judas
28-07-2013, 07:08 PM

I would agree with your post.

I think this was indeed the worst result in our history.

Unfortunately in my view - and it is evident on this thread and the Fenlon poll - you have to communicate the abject failure of the club to a new breed of supporter that has come to accept mediocrity as normal. Naturally this new generation of fan, is unaware of their acquiescence , merely turning up to the games out of habit - a la tartan army. We beat a Motherwell or Dundee UTD and it is deemed progress (from the pits of the bottom six). You get humiliated by your closest rival or set a new record low for Scottish football and folk on here are queuing up to ****uing rationalise it.

I think more highly of my club. Getting beat off our rival 1 5 in a cup final (even if they are cheats) is a sackable offence. The Malmo incident, was also a sackable offence.

Where did principle and pride go? I think there has been a slow demise in fan expectation. The bar is set so low now. It's almost as though some kind of anti pedigree culture has formed.

One Day Soon
28-07-2013, 07:11 PM

(a) No it doesn't

Marvellous analysis TC, I have missed your contributions.

God bless you. :wink:

One Day Soon
28-07-2013, 07:14 PM
:top marks
One of your best posts yet. It's good to know that when things are at their bleakest we can count on you to demonstrate that you are still as mad as a box of frogs on acid.

A snort out loud and having to explain myself to the inlaws moment there. I'm sure I provided a similar personal analysis of the psychological state of our friend from the Orient on another thread which was mysteriously removed...

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2013, 07:15 PM
An aside.

Margo Macdonald tells a story about WM. He had been ill, and Margo saw him after a few months.

"My, Wallace, you've lost weight" she says.

"Aye, now I'm just a Tory *******"

Ryan69
28-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I would agree with your post.

I think this was indeed the worst result in our history.

Unfortunately in my view - and it is evident on this thread and the Fenlon poll - you have to communicate the abject failure of the club to a new breed of supporter that has come to accept mediocrity as normal. Naturally this new generation of fan, is unaware of their acquiescence , merely turning up to the games out of habit - a la tartan army. We beat a Motherwell or Dundee UTD and it is deemed progress (from the pits of the bottom six). You get humiliated by your closest rival or set a new record low for Scottish football and folk on here are queuing up to ****uing rationalise it.

I think more highly of my club. Getting beat off our rival 1 5 in a cup final (even if they are cheats) is a sackable offence. The Malmo incident, was also a sackable offence.

Where did principle and pride go? I think there has been a slow demise in fan expectation. The bar is set so low now. It's almost as though some kind of anti pedigree culture has formed.

We seemed to lose our pride along time ago and accepted mediocrity very quickly.

I just cannot belive there has not been anything come out of Hibs since that ridicule.

We definately need a change of direction now...I dont want bottom 6! The budget we have to play with....bottom 6 in the spl is ridiculous really! Considering we probably have 2nd....4th highest budget.

If nothing does changes between now and then...If we end up bottom 6. Drastic action needs to happen!

I like Pat Fenlon....but its glaringly obvious,we are a real soft touch! We dont have a backbone!
Sometimes I wish we hadnt recovered against Falkirk....but at the same time I like Fenlon,and wish him tobe a success!

The life of being a Hibee....Its ****ing horrible at times!

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2013, 07:38 PM

(a) No it doesn't

See if every thread had as much punctuation pedantry as this one, I'd be like a pig in s***.

One Day Soon
28-07-2013, 07:41 PM
See if every thread had as much punctuation pedantry as this one, I'd be like a pig in s***.

Well, to warm your porcine effluent further I'd suggest your own sentence should not have started with 'see'...

judas
28-07-2013, 07:45 PM
We seemed to lose our pride along time ago and accepted mediocrity very quickly.

I just cannot belive there has not been anything come out of Hibs since that ridicule.

We definately need a change of direction now...I dont want bottom 6! The budget we have to play with....bottom 6 in the spl is ridiculous really! Considering we probably have 2nd....4th highest budget.

If nothing does changes between now and then...If we end up bottom 6. Drastic action needs to happen!

I like Pat Fenlon....but its glaringly obvious,we are a real soft touch! We dont have a backbone!
Sometimes I wish we hadnt recovered against Falkirk....but at the same time I like Fenlon,and wish him tobe a success!

The life of being a Hibee....Its ****ing horrible at times!

Agree entirely.

It is rational to expect a club of our stature to average out at 4th / 5th in the top flight.

I also like Fenlon and met him once in my local. But, I like Hibernian Football club far more.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Well, to warm your porcine effluent further I'd suggest your own sentence should not have started with 'see'...

That wouldn't be punctuation, though, would it?

I was being colloquial. Punctuationally perfect, but colloquial. Nice ellipsis, likesay.

hihohibby
28-07-2013, 07:54 PM
sorry if some guys feel my opening was o.t.t......but I'm gutted...

Buddy, I agree with your post 100%. I also question the silence surrounding ER. Still in shock...Maybe even Mr Petrie is shocked and utterly lost for words..Maybe he is seeking advice from others before making an announcement! Who knows!

One Day Soon
28-07-2013, 07:56 PM
That wouldn't be punctuation, though, would it?

I was being colloquial. Punctuationally perfect, but colloquial. Nice ellipsis, likesay.

I think we are into syntaxually shark infested waters here. The structural membrane between punctuation, grammar and syntax is a thin, intricate and delicate one. Your use of 'See' at the start of the sentence tore that membrane a new jacksie.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2013, 08:01 PM
I think we are into syntaxually shark infested waters here. The structural membrane between punctuation, grammar and syntax is a thin, intricate and delicate one. Your use of 'See' at the start of the sentence tore that membrane a new jacksie.

Through the looking glass here........where apparently...it's entirely acceptable......to write rambling...s***e.....in this off-putting and frankly lamentable...style.

One Day Soon
28-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Through the looking glass here........where apparently...it's entirely acceptable......to write rambling...s***e.....in this off-putting and frankly lamentable...style.

Certainly through the looking glass was all about drugs so that could explain a lot.

Yes....can't breathe......Union hating mutants closing in.......must type cobblers.......lived here ages you know.....Maggie wasn't a Tory either.....4 legs good, two legs better....or something.....

I think we'd miss him if he was gone.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Certainly through the looking glass was all about drugs so that could explain a lot.

Yes....can't breathe......Union hating mutants closing in.......must type cobblers.......lived here ages you know.....Maggie wasn't a Tory either.....4 legs good, two legs better....or something.....

................................four legs good, but no legs best.............................................. .......................................

Jonnyboy
28-07-2013, 08:34 PM

Has he made a success of his life I wonder? Long time since I heard the phrase "Made in Hong Kong"

28-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I agree, there should of been something said or at least a statement of how they intend to turn this around.

I agree, the fans deserve an apology after being made to suffer that embarrassment on thursday night, once again the team badly badly let us down. However, actions speak louder than words, its very easy for them to come out saying "sorry, we will work very hard and improve" etc etc. I want them to prove it.

Hibercelona
28-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Obviously it's not the worst week in our history. But it certainly comes close to feeling that way at the moment!

One thing that baffles me about our support is that the anger and fury we feel after yet again being dealt a low blow, seems to subside after only a few days.

The apathy is becoming more and more prominent within our fan base. People just don't seem that bothered anymore, as if we're beginning to accept this as the new norm at the club.

We don't do enough as a support to show our disgust. With the exception of a round bout of boo's after each game, I fail to see what we do to show that we won't put up with these shan performances anymore.

It's been dragging on for far too long. We say that the silence from the people who run the club is deafening. But the same could be said about us.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Obviously it's not the worst week in our history. But it certainly comes close to feeling that way at the moment!

One thing that baffles me about our support is that the anger and fury we feel after yet again being dealt a low blow, seems to subside after only a few days.

The apathy is becoming more and more prominent within our fan base. People just don't seem that bothered anymore, as if we're beginning to accept this as the new norm at the club.

We don't do enough as a support to show our disgust. With the exception of a round bout of boo's after each game, I fail to see what we do to show that we won't put up with these shan performances anymore.

It's been dragging on for far too long. We say that the silence from the people who run the club is deafening. But the same could be said about us.

So what would you have us do?

(Genuine question.)

majorhibs
29-07-2013, 12:03 AM
So what would you have us do?

(Genuine question.)

Me? I'd ban all the fans who answer questions with questions.

jgl07
29-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Me? I'd ban all the fans who answer questions with questions.

Would you?

majorhibs
29-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Would you?

Except for you maybe.

jodjam
29-07-2013, 06:22 AM

People are bothered about last Thursday but maybe feel it's time to move on. Some people may have other issues in their life that are more important than Hibs losing a game. I've been a ST holder for 30 years, got Hibs tattoo, bought the shares etc.....but I got over last Thursday fairly quickly. Other issues take a priority. My partner is in hospital after her second major op in last week, it's kids school holiday, i've just paid my yearly tax bill. Lot's of things to take my mind off a bad result.

Why continue to kick the club? Feelings have been made known on the net and in pubs all over Edinburgh. The scoreline was a right kick in the chuckies but that's part of sport. Maybe Pat should go. Some decisions were strange on Thursday but they have now been done to death.

Also what good would an apology do? The club could issue a "we're hurting" type of statement. Would that make people feel better? Don't think so. Plus as soon as another bad result happened the previous apology would be deemed as hollow.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. Hopefully a nice sunny day, a couple of debutants on the scoresheet, followed by a few beers. Mon the Hibs.

Bristolhibby
29-07-2013, 06:43 AM
I'd like to see an apology on Sunday!

J

Twa Cairpets
29-07-2013, 07:20 AM

Because it is a football match, and life is bigger than that. I've had a ST for 20+ years, and going for 40, and there have been lows. I'd say two relegations were worse than any individual humpings, yet how many people are stilling raging at going down? There's a difference between apathy and reality. Yes, people can be disappointed and angry, but what, in any meaningful sense, does it do to scream and whine and bitch for days?

There's a difference between structural incompetence like Hearts and their supports craven submission, and apparent footballing issues like ours, and our "round of boos" - something I personally don't do.

Reading the posts since Thursday, the amount of venom and bile thrown towards the club and the players is staggering, and this before the season truly starts! The venom is anything but silent, despite your claim - the internet is now the forum for fury to be vented rather than protests outside the gates. Your stance appears to be one of a keyboard warrior - "we've done nothing! but I wont actually do or organise anything myself to show my lack of tolerance because, erm, I'm quite busy actually..."

We'll play our next two games, and if we do well, Malmo will be forgotten. If we don't do well, then it's likely Fenlon will go, purely as a result of the anger he will receive in the public domain.

Phil MaGlass
29-07-2013, 09:52 AM

EXACTLY, what I have been saying for years, Hibs fans dont have it in them to protest, in Holland if a club like Feyenoord,ADO,Ajax and PSV were hammered 7-0 trust me there would be demonstrations at the stadium, the training park would be invaded by fans showing their disapproval, it just wouldnt be accepted.Why oh why do we accept mediocrity.

Will we sit still if we get humped by the yams??

FranckSuzy
29-07-2013, 10:41 AM

So, I am dwelling on the past and showing hatred plus insecurity. Is that not labelling HKhibby? I have no idea how long you've been away from Scotland but IMHO is an acronym, just as FTB is. You may be surprised to learn that democracy is still alive and kicking in the Motherland so GIRUY.

Twa Cairpets
29-07-2013, 10:45 AM
[/B]

EXACTLY, what I have been saying for years, Hibs fans dont have it in them to protest, in Holland if a club like Feyenoord,ADO,Ajax and PSV were hammered 7-0 trust me there would be demonstrations at the stadium, the training park would be invaded by fans showing their disapproval, it just wouldnt be accepted.Why oh why do we accept mediocrity.

Will we sit still if we get humped by the yams??

Generalisation.

Beerschot (Belgium not Holland) have just disappeared from the premier league to the equivalent of the Edinburgh Amateur division 4 without much of a murmur.

Phil MaGlass
29-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Generalisation.

Beerschot (Belgium not Holland) have just disappeared from the premier league to the equivalent of the Edinburgh Amateur division 4 without much of a murmur.

Dont know what youre getting at really, Beerschot were relegated after fightingtooth and nail for the whole season to stay in the league and the fans gave 100% support to the team, they lost their professional licence a week after the season ended due to financial issues.Absolutely no comparison with the mentality we have at ER.

Andy74
29-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Dont know what youre getting at really, Beerschot were relegated after fightingtooth and nail for the whole season to stay in the league and the fans gave 100% support to the team, they lost their professional licence a week after the season ended due to financial issues.Absolutely no comparison with the mentality we have at ER.

No. Fans gave 100% support whilst fighting relegation. We haven't even started yet and aren't getting that.

Keith_M
29-07-2013, 12:31 PM
[/B] EXACTLY, what I have been saying for years, Hibs fans dont have it in them to protest, in Holland if a club like Feyenoord,ADO,Ajax and PSV were hammered 7-0 trust me there would be demonstrations at the stadium, the training park would be invaded by fans showing their disapproval, it just wouldnt be accepted.Why oh why do we accept mediocrity. Will we sit still if we get humped by the yams??

Maybe you could let us know what you have done to make your feelings known.

Have you been down to Easter Road and burnt your scarf in front of the West Stand? Put up a banner on the gates? Had a vigil outside the stadium saying 'careful now' or 'down with this sort of thing'?

lyonhibs
29-07-2013, 12:38 PM

I am forever filled with a warm feeling of intellectual and moral superiority whenever you spout forth these completely unrelated diatribes.

Keep 'em coming.

JustSimplyHibs
29-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Would rather they done their talking on the pitch than the usual drivel spouted from their mouths on a weekly basis!

Fenlon is on his last legs as far as i'm concerned unless we win the first 6 games of the season and score 3 or more against THEM at the Wongadome. Anything less and I want change.

Look forward to supporting my club on Sunday.

:flag:GGTTH :flag:

Twa Cairpets
29-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Dont you see the contradiction here.

They were fighting relegation, sure but their fans supported them. No scarves burned, no protests - supported the team even though they were gash and hardly won a game. So which is it you want -support or manning the barricades?

kdhibees1
29-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I'd like to see an apology on Sunday!

J
This!!! :flag:

Phil MaGlass
29-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Maybe you could let us know what you have done to make your feelings known.

Have you been down to Easter Road and burnt your scarf in front of the West Stand? Put up a banner on the gates? Had a vigil outside the stadium saying 'careful now' or 'down with this sort of thing'?

If I was in Edinburgh you would be sure I would be down ER protesting,for now though I am content to support anyone prepared to go down ER and protest, on yi go lads woohoo do yir best.

Twa Cairpets
Dont you see the contradiction here.

They were fighting relegation, sure but their fans supported them. No scarves burned, no protests - supported the team even though they were gash and hardly won a game. So which is it you want -support or manning the barricades?

I dont see the contradiction, their team were (in your words gash) but they were giving their all, there was no need to protest.

Our team were/are gash, no skill, passion, 5hit, they cant even take throw ins or control a ball with one touch.For too long WE have accepted teams not giving 100% managers being given the position on the cheap with a player budget that would put many to shame (which is quite surprising when you see the amount weve been through lately). Are we going to sit back and keep on taking 1-5, 7-0 losses.
We need a support that can both support the team on the park(thats a contradiction) and protest when things are going wrong, we now have a support that any club would be proud of but FFS grow a pair and make yir feelings felt when its not going well because staying quiet wont change anything.Same old same old. Were quick enough to slam the yams with their heads in the sand stance, were not that far off them.

Keekaboo, as for burning my scarf, no, never.

macd123
29-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Pat apologized and i don't want a statement from the board so the press can rake over it again. So just just shut the .... up and beat motherwell and hearts please hibs.

ginger_rice
29-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Thursday really did hurt, I've said on another thread that Malmo reminded me of watching the Tornados I expected them to score every time they went forward.

Which made me think, over the last 40 years I've had a lot of bad weeks supporting Hibs, that Mercer takeover when it first hit the media I couldn't sleep for the first few nights (I never thought a football club could get to me like that).

There was the week in 74, we lost 0-5 at Parkhead, lost to Juventus at ER 2-4 on the Wednesday and the next weekend 3-6 to Celtic again at Hampden, I don't think that team ever really recovered after that week.

Read back through the history of the Famous Five, and it was quite common for them to suffer set backs to sides much lower down the pecking order.

Now I'm not trying to defend this as "Hibs way" no matter how much supporting Hibs does appear to be a major roller coaster.

What gets me is probably since McLeish (or perhaps Mowbray) we've lacked the hunger and fight which a club at the top needs, we have players who just appear to go through the motions when playing for Hibs, Griffiths "got" what playing fir Hibs meant but precious few others seem to. We have manager after manager who appear to be unable to get the best out of players, don't know how to motivate players, and don't appear to understand how to set up teams to play to our players strengths or the opposition weaknesses.

Watching on Thursday Hibs looked to me like a team playing in a meaningless pre-season match, but without the constant substitutions every 5 minutes!!

Would an official apology help? I doubt it: we've had a succession of these over the last few years, which never seem to make a difference to what happens on the pitch, the manager will speak about being embarrassed for the supporters and RP will spout on about the need for more fans to buy STs to allow signings to be made!!

Jones28
29-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I got an apology today, via my mum! She saw Ben Williams and Tom Taiwo in Hibs jackets at Fort Kinnaird. She went up and asked them if they were players, they said they were. She mentioned to them that her son and husband were at the game on Thursday. She also mentioned I'd gone out on Friday morning and gotten a Hibs tattoo. They apologised very sincerely. So that's me sorted :greengrin: