PDA

View Full Version : whatever happened to.....

scott7_0(Prague)
27-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Whatever happened to shouts like "sack the board"

How many incompetent managers have been installed by the majority of the current board?

How many ***** signings have been sanctioned by that board?

For me they are getting off too lightly..... And why?

silverhibee
27-07-2013, 10:35 PM

How many incompetent managers have been installed by the majority of the current board?

Sure we will hear that being shouted next Sunday if Fenlon is still in charge.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I remember a 'Petrie get to ****' chant away to St Mirren about 3 years back.

Jonnyboy
27-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I think it's because most folk realise such protests would be futile. STF wont sell unless he's convinced the buyer is the best thing for the club and Rod is in with the bricks. Neither is likely to be dislodged by any protests

BarneyBreslin
27-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I remember a 'Petrie get to ****' chant away to St Mirren about 3 years back.

Also sung at Somerset park in the cup game a couple of years ago.

IberianHibernian
27-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Partly because of Hearts situation ( anything is better than being nearly bust or bust ) and general apathy that has always existed and is certainly not something of only last few years .

sahib
27-07-2013, 11:05 PM
I think it's because most folk realise such protests would be futile. STF wont sell unless he's convinced the buyer is the best thing for the club and Rod is in with the bricks. Neither is likely to be dislodged by any protests

I wouldn't be too sure about that. They might even welcome the excuse to offload the club, if things became unpleasant. Regimes seem to fall, the world over, in the face of sustained protest.
I don't think some ass running the club into debt would help, though.

iainm1875
28-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Everyone on this board has the benefit of 20 20 hindsight.
For the record I don't rate Fenlon and think he is a dead man walking. I don't however see how Petrie is to blame. Fenlon's CV looked decent and nobody complained about his appointment. Petrie has backed his manager with what should be good signings.

Mcgivern - We all loved him last year
Craig - Constant thorn in our side for st Johnstone
Thomson - should be able to dominate the midfield with his experience.
Vine - destroyed us ER last year
Jones - mainstay of a team that finished above us last year

There is no issue with the individual quality of the signings. I would imagine that these guys will be at the top end of our pay scale. It appears that Pat is unable to get them to play at the required level. We are weaker than the sum of our parts.

Anyone that thinks it would be a good idea to bring in new owners is barking mad. Who the Fluck would want to buy a football team in this financial environment. Massone anyone????

marinello59
28-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Everyone on this board had the benefit of 20 20 hindsight.
For the record I don't rate Fenlon and think he is a dead man walking. I don't however see how Petrie is to blame. Fenlon's CV looked decent and I

Anybody else on tenterhooks waiting to see how this one ends.:greengrin

iainm1875
28-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Anybody else on tenterhooks waiting to see how this one ends.:greengrin

Ha ha

calumb
28-07-2013, 06:20 AM

Does Rod not own a fair bit of the club himself?

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 06:37 AM
For the record I don't rate Fenlon and think he is a dead man walking. I don't however see how Petrie is to blame. Fenlon's CV looked decent and nobody complained about his appointment. Petrie has backed his manager with what should be good signings.

There is no issue with the individual quality of the signings. I would imagine that these guys will be at the top end of our pay scale. It appears that Pat is unable to get them to play at the required level. We are weaker than the sum of our parts.

Anyone that thinks it would be a good idea to bring in new owners is barking mad. Who the Fluck would want to buy a football team in this financial environment. Massone anyone????

Aye because thats the only option, i suppose when STF leaves this planet then thats the end of Hibs?

Onion
28-07-2013, 07:32 AM

Exactly the same reason no Yam fan protested against The Vlad regime - yet many Hibs fans have mocked them for that :confused:

The only "protest" that works is walking away. If Hibs crowds collapse then the Board and STF will have no choice but to react however what's actually been happening is Hibs fans celebrating defeats (0-3 CF and 0-2 Malmo) sending a clear signal to the Board that #allisbarry :cb

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Exactly the same reason no Yam fan protested against The Vlad regime - yet many Hibs fans have mocked them for that :confused:

The only "protest" that works is walking away. If Hibs crowds collapse then the Board and STF will have no choice but to react however what's actually been happening is Hibs fans celebrating defeats (0-3 CF and 0-2 Malmo) sending a clear signal to the Board that #allisbarry :cb

Pish. If backing the team is now celebrating defeat, what's the point in backing the team at all?

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Too many sheep and happy clappers complete with arm folders perhaps?

:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Tend to agree with this, I am an unhappy guy Today, but no amount of my bumping my gums, will result in change any time soon.....STF loves RP, and as long as STF is in control, RP will be here.....

Moon unit
28-07-2013, 02:44 PM

If you look closely...he's been turned into one the tiles on the East T! ..3 rows up 2nd on the left! :greengrin

Mikey
28-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Does Rod not own a fair bit of the club himself?

10%

Chump
28-07-2013, 04:46 PM

What a nonsense statement.....the board sanction signings because a manager and his scouting staff have put that particular player in front of them and tell them they want him as part of the squad.

The boards jobs is to sort out contractual agreements and make funds available.....what part of the finance or communication directors job is to spot and recommend talent??

KeithTheHibby
28-07-2013, 04:52 PM

There is no issue with the individual quality of the signings. I would imagine that these guys will be at the top end of our pay scale. It appears that Pat is unable to get them to play at the required level. We are weaker than the sum of our parts.Anyone that thinks it would be a good idea to bring in new owners is barking mad. Who the Fluck would want to buy a football team in this financial environment. Massone anyone????

This is not just a problem Fenlon has had, other managers have too. Perhaps they get to Hibs and think that they have made it? Big stadium, nice training centre? Has to be a reason for it.

West hamBERNIAN
28-07-2013, 05:01 PM
What a nonsense statement.....the board sanction signings because a manager and his scouting staff have put that particular player in front of them and tell them they want him as part of the squad.

The boards jobs is to sort out contractual agreements and make funds available.....what part of the finance or communication directors job is to spot and recommend talent??

possibly meant managers when he said signings:confused:
even then i dont think there was many disagreeing with the manager appointments at the time of taking them on. we've had plenty managers that know just as much about football as the next manager. truth is there is no easy answer to our problems. i doubt any manager that came in could drastically change hibs into a much better team. if fenlons contract is up a the end of the year i'd give him this season to prove himself.

silverhibee
28-07-2013, 06:25 PM
10%

1000 fans putting in £1000 each would get that 10% and a fans share in the club. :cb

truehibernian
28-07-2013, 06:32 PM
1000 fans putting in £1000 each would get that 10% and a fans share in the club. :cb

I posted in anger a couple of seasons ago after a derby defeat SH that I would more than happily put more into the club than £1K in order to get a share of the club and to oust Rod - I still think it should happen. Rod's tenure is now being tarnished and the good that he was given credit for is fast diminishing. It's a 'thanks Rod but time to step aside' from me - we need a forward thinking, younger, dynamic chairman who actually likes and studies the game of football, someone who lives and breathes the game.

There are some bright, articulate, inspiring individuals amongst the Hibernian support - and their presence on the Board is needed and required in today's football world. The 'suits' are supressing the game in my opinion.