PDA

View Full Version : New Season Predictions (Hibs league position, and other stuff)

theonlywayisup
26-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Bit of fun! Where will we finish in the SPL 2013/14?

Please give a reason to substantiate your choice. For those who want to see a few more games, the poll is open until a few days after the Hertz game.

theonlywayisup
26-07-2013, 09:50 PM
7th - I still feel that we will be better than many of the SPL sides, but can't see us making the top six. The leaky defence, plus lack of pace and skill being our downfall.

CallumLaidlaw
26-07-2013, 09:51 PM
5th

Jonnyboy
26-07-2013, 10:10 PM
No idea as apparently I'm not allowed to judge them on what I've seen so far, despite two of the games being competitive ones

Robinho08
26-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I voted for 4th:

1. Sellick
2. Sheep
3. Dundee Utd
4. Hibs.

Forgot about Motherwell right enough. :rolleyes:

I think we have a decent team (on paper), question mark is on Fenlon of course.

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2013, 10:24 PM
On that show last night, I'd say 13th.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Looking at our squad just now, I would say 8th.

A few signings though over the next few weeks and we could easily finish in the top four.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Can i get two shots at it.

12th if Fenlon remains in charge

2nd with a good manager in charge :aok:

26-07-2013, 10:33 PM
At this rate i will say 7th (and thats being optimistic!)

DH1875
26-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Anything short of 4th should be seen as failure. I reckon we'll be lucky to end up tenth.

Beefster
26-07-2013, 10:41 PM
We're not as good as last season, as things stand.

8th.

leggeto
26-07-2013, 11:17 PM
5th :flag:

danhibees1875
26-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Solid 4th. We have it in us. :aok:

Squealing pig
26-07-2013, 11:21 PM
3rd behind the sheep

Drem
27-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Sadly, unless there is a massive change somewhere, I feel we will still end up beneath h£*"&s.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2013, 05:48 AM
How longs a piece of string?

Somewhere between 6th and 12th.

Steve20
27-07-2013, 05:51 AM
9th.

Ritchie
27-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Aberdeen will flop this season!!

Allant1981
27-07-2013, 06:01 AM
After the game the other night i would have said near the bottom but surely it cant get any worse than thursday night so im going to go for 6th, which isnt great but looking at the squad as it is just now isnt to bad

Keith_M
27-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Wow! That's a very wide distribution of votes! I'd have to say, though, that the people that voted we would finish in 12th (or anywhere down that end) are just showing their frustration as I can't see that happening.

Somewhere disappointingly mid-table is most likely.

Waxy
27-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Realistic 6th horrifyingly possible 11th

Eyrie
27-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Depends on what we do in the transfer market. Add the right players at right back, centre half and right winger, then get Griffiths back in January and we'll be second. Add the wrong players or muddle through with what we've got and it'll be 7th or 8th.

Glass half full - I'll split the difference and say fourth.

Fergus52
27-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Fenlon stays: 4th.

Fenlon goes: 8th.

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2013, 09:47 AM
It's so difficult to predict anything with Hibs. Expecting the unexpected sums us up perfectly. If I were to take a punt at this stage, then without Leigh's goals and with the current squad, I'd say ninth.

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2013, 09:48 AM
I see fourth place is just ahead in the poll at the moment. I'd bite your hand off for that!

Salisbury Hibby
27-07-2013, 10:10 AM
If the defence isn't sorted we will be bottom 6 and flirting with relegation. However, do that and I reckon 4th/5th is possible. We're not going to be scoring lot of goals so the priority is to stiffen that defence.

IFONLY
27-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Depends on what we do in the transfer market. Add the right players at right back, centre half and right winger, then get Griffiths back in January and we'll be second. Add the wrong players or muddle through with what we've got and it'll be 7th or 8th.

Glass half full - I'll split the difference and say fourth.

Is this never going to go away, he is a Wolves player and will stay one until someone comes in with real money for him. It wont be us.

DH1875
27-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Can we do one of these polls but do it to find out what folk think is an acceptable finish and not where they think we'll finish. In a league without Rangers and the yams starting on -15 points I still can't get my head around folk thinking 6th is OK.

DH1875
27-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Is this never going to go away, he is a Wolves player and will stay one until someone comes in with real money for him. It wont be us.

He can sign a pre contract with whoever he wants in January.

steakbake
27-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Can we do one of these polls but do it to find out what folk think is an acceptable finish and not where they think we'll finish. In a league without Rangers and the yams starting on -15 points I still can't get my head around folk thinking 6th is OK.

:agree:

2nd/3rd should not be beyond us in our expectations.

Playing for 1st should be the aim every single season.

Sadly, however, I think we accept mediocrity. We will probably find people being satisfied with thinking top 6 is a good season.

The satisfaction will continue if we have a cup final appearance where we'll just be pleased to be there and have another nice Hibs family picnic day out where we get to sing a few songs and wave a few bits of paper to show we're the best fans in the world.

Sorry cant be more positive but I just don't think we're going to go anywhere this season and with a relatively low threshold of what is acceptable held by the club.

rcarter1
27-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Reckon that after Celtic, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Dundee United will do well. I think the other seven may scrap out for the rest. If we land in the middle of that bunch we finish 9th.

But if we recover from Thursday and use it to reconsider our game plan, play people in their correct position, and basically knuckle down - and Collins is a success, then may be finish 4/5th.

Sylar
27-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Listening to the Sportsound coverage of Open All Mics and they're running off their predictions for the forthcoming season and thought it would be interesting to see what we think on here:

Scottish Premiership: Celtic to win and Hearts to be relegated. European places to Aberdeen and Motherwell
Championship: Falkirk
League 1: Rangers
League 2: Peterhead

Scottish Cup: Celtic
League Cup: Aberdeen
Ramsdens Cup: Rangers

Premiership: Chelsea
La Liga: Barcelona
Ligue 1: PSG
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich

Champions League: Barcelona
Europa League: Spurs

SteveHFC
27-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Scottish Premiership: Celtic to win, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd for European Places and Hearts to go down
Championship: Dundee

League Cup: Dundee Utd

Premiership: Man City

Champions League: Borussia Dortmund
Europa League: Tottenham

davieh
27-07-2013, 02:38 PM
8th

As things stand I can't see many more than Hearts, St Mirren, Partick and mebbe one of Ross County, ICT or Killie finishing below us

yeezus.
27-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I got it horribly wrong last season so I'm going to be a bit pessimistic and say we'll finish 8th. Two huge games with Motherwell and Hearts - I'll be chuffed with 3 points!

yeezus.
27-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Scottish Premiership: Celtic to win, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd for European Places and Hearts to go down
Championship: Dundee

League Cup: Dundee Utd

Premiership: Man City

Europa League: Tottenham

I would agree with the exception of Manchester City, I fancy Chelsea for the EPL.

theonlywayisup
27-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Bit of fun. Please add you predictions for the 2013/14 football season in Scotland & England.

BBC website has the list of teams in each league.

EPL Winners: Chelsea
EPL other top four: Man U, Man City & Spurs
EPL relegated teams: Hull, Stoke & Palace

Championship Winners: QPR
Championship promoted teams: Wigan & Watford

SPFL Winners: Celtic
SPFL Runner-ups: Aberdeen
SPFL Relegated team(s): Hertz

Scottish Championship Winners: Dundee
Scottish Championship Runners-up: Livingston

Scottish 1st Div Winners: The Rangers

Scottish 2nd Div Winners: Queens Park

Champions League: Bayern Munich

World Cup 2014: Brazil

No prize, just the feel good factor from winning. Try and post your entry before the start of the English football season.

CmoantheHibs
27-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I think 5th though I do think we should be finishing higher than that.I think we still have 1 or 2 to come in. We will play in a slightly different way from last season where we relied heavily on Leighs goals and individual brilliance. It will be more of a team effort this year with Collins holding up and the midfield coming through to link up with him so the goal distribution will be more evenly spread.

SteveHFC
27-07-2013, 02:54 PM
EPL Winners: Man City
EPL other top four: Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal
EPL relegated teams: Crystal Palace, Hull and Stoke

Championship Winners: Wigan
Championship promoted teams: Nottingham Forest and Bolton

SPFL Relegated team(s): Hearts

Scottish Championship Runners-up: Falkirk

Scottish 2nd Div Winners: Peterhead

World Cup 2014: Germany

Wotherspiniesta
27-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Bit of fun. Please add you predictions for the 2013/14 football season in Scotland & England.

BBC website has the list of teams in each league.

EPL relegated teams: Hull, Stoke & Palace

Championship promoted teams: Wigan & Watford

Scottish Championship Runners-up: Livingston

Champions League: Bayern Munich

World Cup 2014: Brazil

No prize, just the feel good factor from winning. Try and post your entry before the start of the English football season.

EPL Winners: Man City
EPL other top four: Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal
EPL relegated teams: Hull, West Ham & Palace

Championship Winners: Bolton
Championship promoted teams: Forest and Wigan

SPFL Runner-ups: Motherwell

Scottish Championship Winners: QOS

Champions League: Barca

Glory Lurker
27-07-2013, 03:04 PM
EPL relegated teams: Crystal Palace, West Brom, Sunderland

Championship Winners: Birmingham
Championship promoted teams: QPR & Watford

SPFL Runner-ups: Motherwell

Scottish Championship Winners: Morton
Scottish Championship Runners-up: Dundee

Scottish 2nd Div Winners: Stirling

Champions League: Barcelona

World Cup 2014: Spain

I'll chuck in a couple of others:-

Scottish Cup: Hibs

Highland League: Wick Academy

Just_Jimmy
27-07-2013, 03:06 PM
EPL Winners: Man Utd
EPL other top four: Man C Chelsea & Arsenal
EPL relegated teams: Hull, Norwich & Palace

Championship promoted teams: Forest and Bolton

SPFL Runner-ups: ICT

Scottish Championship Winners: morton
Scottish Championship Runners-up: Qod

Champions League: Bayern

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2013, 03:06 PM
EPL other top four: Man Utd, Man City & Spurs
EPL relegated teams: Cardiff, Palace & Hull

Championship Winners: Wigan
Championship promoted teams: QPR & Bolton

SPFL Relegated team(s): Hearts

Champions League: PSG

World Cup 2014: Spain

semaj64
27-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Went for 4th surely we have hit our worst patch already

Deansy
27-07-2013, 03:24 PM
11th - Players still get paid a wage that's 3 or 4 times more than most on here, regardless of results. That, and a general 'No Pride/Guts' character. Will manage the occasional win, just enough to keep us up - for now.

KazHibby
28-07-2013, 10:47 AM
My thoughts, lighthibbyed not too be taken with any mind altering drugs, alcohol or hallucinatory substances :confused: With Hibs present form and likely confidence levels of the squad, where are the Hibees likely to win points this season,

ICT, Ross Cty - opposition to get more points will be doing well to get two wins out of 6,
M'Well, STJ, Dun Utd, Killie -again opposition to get more points, maybe a few draws
STM, A'deen, PTH - (50 - 50) win as many as lose
CFC - Loose all!
HomoFC - Probably beat them more than loose to them, then they will be Liquidated before the season end, and we loose all the points won against putting us in the play-off place!

Hibs manage a run of 4 wins, just prior to RP's annual begging bowl for 14/15 season tickets.

Fenlon gets us to the LC Final and we manage to get beat by a Div 2 team, giving away two goals in the first 5 mins.

SC - there is always next year.

Season ends no manager in place!

Keith_M
28-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Boy, you're in a good mood.

Green Fish
28-07-2013, 10:52 AM
We may get in a couple of new faces, the result on Thursday may galvanize the players and we may have a good season.

Who knows? Have to be positive. GG

LioNeilMessi
28-07-2013, 11:20 AM
My thoughts, lighthibbyed not too be taken with any mind altering drugs, alcohol or hallucinatory substances :confused: With Hibs present form and likely confidence levels of the squad, where are the Hibees likely to win points this season,

ICT, Ross Cty - opposition to get more points will be doing well to get two wins out of 6,
M'Well, STJ, Dun Utd, Killie -again opposition to get more points, maybe a few draws
CFC - Loose all!
HomoFC - Probably beat them more than loose to them, then they will be Liquidated before the season end, and we loose all the points won against putting us in the play-off place!

Hibs manage a run of 4 wins, just prior to RP's annual begging bowl for 14/15 season tickets.

Fenlon gets us to the LC Final and we manage to get beat by a Div 2 team, giving away two goals in the first 5 mins.

That's quite pessimistic, but I think we can do better:

My prediction is #allisbarry will unearth some club shattering Hibs fraud scandal seeing all of the assets being seized, we end up folding before Hearts. :agree:

lord bunberry
28-07-2013, 11:24 AM

CFC - Loose all!

Oh great yet another prediction thread to give the club a kicking, it's getting a bit tiresome now.
Can we not just have one big thread titled we are doomed and pat fenlon is the devil.

jdships
28-07-2013, 11:53 AM

CFC - Loose all!

Likely games where hibs can get points

EVERY ONE !!
Why not ?
Let's be positive at the start of a season - fed up with reading doom and gloom posts :rolleyes:
:flag:

Allant1981
28-07-2013, 12:16 PM
if we can get in another decent CH and possibly another forward i think we might do pretty well, we have a good keeper, a couple of decent defenders when fit, midfielders that would walk into any other team in scotland except celtic. Forward line not the strongest yet but as i say hopefully another striker

Billy Whizz
28-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Anything less than top 6 would be deemed as a failure

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Somewhere in the bottom 6 which is unacceptable with Sevco missing and Hearts in the state they are in.

Bob Box Fish
28-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Minimum expectations are top six. Should be top four with rangers and hearts demise.

Reality of it and as we are weaker than last year probably 10 th or 11th. With a new manager hopefully better but will depend on what resources he has.

Allant1981
28-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Minimum expectations are top six. Should be top four with rangers and hearts demise.

Reality of it and as we are weaker than last year probably 10 th or 11th. With a new manager hopefully better but will depend on what resources he has.

Are we really weaker though as a squad, im guessing you are talking about LG not being here, we have brought in some good players over the summer and on paper(yes i know) i think we have a stronger squad with hopefully another couple to arrive

Bob Box Fish
28-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Are we really weaker though as a squad, im guessing you are talking about LG not being here, we have brought in some good players over the summer and on paper(yes i know) i think we have a stronger squad with hopefully another couple to arrive

No Claros or Doyle either. Doyle wasn't particularly great but still got around eleven goals and had his moments.

Allant1981
28-07-2013, 12:34 PM
No Claros or Doyle either. Doyle wasn't particularly great but still got around eleven goals and had his moments.

Ill give you claros as i think he is a smashing player but cant see doyle being hard to replace, i just think we have a stronger all round squad this year

Eternal Hibbie
28-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Scottish football ain't the best, more so without the orcs and their mini version across the city.

Fenlon is going nowhere, at least until his contract expires in ten months or so, surely we have to be looking at a decent centre half and a tricky winger as a minimum.

If we manage that, if we play the players we have in their best positions and if our manager has taken anything from the Malmo embarrassment then surely we ought to be looking at top six as a minimum.

Hoping that Jimmy Nicholl might point him in the right direction cos he needs all the help he can get.

Hibernia&Alba
28-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Somewhere in the bottom 6 which is unacceptable with Sevco missing and Hearts in the state they are in.

You make a good point. We'll never have a better chance to really live up to our potential and should be looking to take full advantage. Perhaps my pessimism is a hangover from Malmo and I'm due a pleasant surprise, but you just never can tell with Hibs.

Paisley Hibby
28-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Can i get two shots at it.

12th if Fenlon remains in charge

2nd with a good manager in charge :aok:

:top marks