PDA

View Full Version : No Defence

hibernator
27-07-2013, 10:55 AM
We are in deep stuff, Malmo were good but nearly every time they got near goal they scored, Without stats a much higher strike to goal ratio than normal, Our defending from top to bottom was dreadful, Nothing stuck up front all night but the defending especially was sore to watch, Ben had an unusually poor game to boot, We can't go up against Motherwell like that and a 4-5-1 is more than likely what Pat will go with, The worry is with McPake, McGriffin and Clancy injured the guys left will be mentally fragile, Could KT move back and add some composure, Can Tudor Jones play there ?

snooky
27-07-2013, 11:08 AM
We are in deep stuff, Malmo were good but nearly every time they got near goal they scored, Without stats a much higher strike to goal ratio than normal, Our defending from top to bottom was dreadful, Nothing stuck up front all night but the defending especially was sore to watch, Ben had an unusually poor game to boot, We can't go up against Motherwell like that and a 4-5-1 is more than likely what Pat will go with, The worry is with McPake, McGriffin and Clancy injured the guys left will be mentally fragile, Could KT move back and add some composure, Can Tudor Jones play there ?

On Thursday, several times I noticed when we attacked our strikers were outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1
When they attacked, our defenders were outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1
In midfield we were outnumbered as well.
Did anybody out there actually check the number of players Malmo had on the park?
:hmmm: I wonder

In reality, they ran off the ball & we ran after the ball. Therein lies the problem.

LongshanksED
27-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Moving from midfield to defence didn't do sauzee any harm and prolonged his career. Would be interesting to see Thomson do this.

snooky
27-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Moving from midfield to defence didn't do sauzee any harm and prolonged his career. Would be interesting to see Thomson do this.

Not too hot in the air for central defence?
Not enough speed for FB?
:dunno: Just a thought.

gaz1875
27-07-2013, 11:11 AM
On Thursday, several times I noticed when we attacked our strikers were outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1
When they attacked, our defenders were outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1
In midfield we were outnumbered as well.
Did anybody out there actually check the number of players Malmo had on the park?
:hmmm: I wonder

In reality, they ran off the ball & we ran after the ball. Therein lies the problem.
:top marksSaid this on another post, no movement.

RIP
27-07-2013, 12:47 PM
We don't tackle............merely box, shadow and back off, inviting players to run at us

Under previous managers our defence tackled

Not under Fenlon though

Big Ed
27-07-2013, 12:54 PM
We don't tackle............merely box, shadow and back off, inviting players to run at us

Not under Fenlon though

That's just bollox.

Keith_M
27-07-2013, 12:54 PM
When we played Maribor at home, my thoughts were how differently they played the game to us. They had fantastic movement on and off the ball. They could move the ball from one end of the park to the other in quick time, without resorting to a big punt.

I remember thinking that it was how I'd love to see Hibs play (and had often under Collins and Mowbray) but we are still EXACTLY the same as we were that day, leaden footed and ball watching.

Andy74
27-07-2013, 06:45 PM

Not under Fenlon though

The increase in total pish written in the last few days is ridiculous.

Bad Martini
27-07-2013, 07:03 PM
The increase in total pish written in the last few days is ridiculous.

There was at least seven clear tackles missed or not made.

We were beyond pish on Thursday. That'll bring out comments justified and unjustified.

Not too much can be considered in the later category, regardless of your expertise or self perceived expertise in delivering unto us, your footballing acumen and genius.

Hibercelona
27-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Not under Fenlon though

I actually agree with you, despite what others say.

I've lost count of the amount of goals we concede, simply because an opposition player decides to take the ball for a wee run.

Either they'll break through and score themselves, or they'll get to the byline with relative ease and cut it back for an easy tap in.

kdhibees1
27-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Keeping hold of the ball is key. Time and time again we lose the ball due to very sloppy passing. For me this creates most of the problems.