PDA

View Full Version : No more pre-season games?

lucky
27-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Why have Hibs not got any game lined up for this weekend or midweek? StJs are playing today so europa league is no excuse. Is this further evidence of lack of planning by PF and his staff?

hibs4thecup1988
27-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Just because there is nothing advertised as being at Easter Road or X stadium, doesn't mean we aren't playing closed doors games at East Mains

lucky
27-07-2013, 09:54 AM
So at a time when Scottish football needs money Hibs choose to play closed door games. We will be the only team not playing this weekend. FFS we have signed a new striker for £200k but the fans can't get to see him play, but I might be expecting too much from Hibs as we seem incapable of even announcing a signing.

marinello59
27-07-2013, 09:56 AM
So at a time when Scottish football needs money Hibs choose to play closed door games. We will be the only team not playing this weekend. FFS we have signed a new striker for £200k but the fans can't get to see him play, but I might be expecting too much from Hibs as we seem incapable of even announcing a signing.

I would have all pre-season friendlies played behind closed doors or free to enter anyway. Glorified training exercises at best.
And we should have been given ****ing rebates as we left the ground on Thursday. :grr:

hibs4thecup1988
27-07-2013, 09:58 AM
I would have all pre-season friendlies played behind closed doors or free to enter anyway. Glorified training exercises at best.
And we should have been given ****ing rebates as we left the ground on Thursday. :grr:

You better believe it! Especially if they have to be subjected to that on Thursday!

As for signing a striker for £200k...who has? Hibs have not confirmed a thing which would tell me it isn't finalised yet. The guy has probably cancelled the contract after Thursday!

lucky
27-07-2013, 10:00 AM
You better believe it! Especially if they have to be subjected to that on Thursday!

As for signing a striker for £200k...who has? Hibs have not confirmed a thing which would tell me it isn't finalised yet. The guy has probably cancelled the contract after Thursday!

Just think we should be playing today. The guy and the press belive he has signed so if he has not there is something not right about all of this.

marinello59
27-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Just think we should be playing today. The guy and the press belive he has signed so if he has not there is something not right about all of this.

It's going to be another Hibernian first. His signing and transfer request will be announced at the same time. :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
27-07-2013, 10:10 AM
It's going to be another Hibernian first. His signing and transfer request will be announced at the same time. :greengrin

Does he not get a 14 day cooling off period with all contracts? :greengrin