PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming season

aazza91
26-07-2013, 05:42 PM
As much as I was disappointed with the way everyone performed last night I went home with a few positives. At times we played some good football down the right wing, albeit not the standard we were used to years ago. Im not gonna try and tell Fenlon what to do but I believe its not as bad as some will predict. Malmo gave our wingers no time to perform which in the league they will get time. Another problem last night was the speed of their wingers/attack which not a lot of SPFL teams have. We just need a big striker (collins), I would say push vine into left wing and get Craig into the middle to have a creative spark in the middle but we really need some centre mids bursting a gut to pull defenders away from attackers or vice versa. Cant remember last time I seen Hibs with 3 players running towards a defence.

P.s sorry for poor grammar and spelling. Not mastered typing on my phone yet!

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2013, 05:49 PM
As much as I was disappointed with the way everyone performed last night I went home with a few positives. At times we played some good football down the right wing, albeit not the standard we were used to years ago. Im not gonna try and tell Fenlon what to do but I believe its not as bad as some will predict. Malmo gave our wingers no time to perform which in the league they will get time. Another problem last night was the speed of their wingers/attack which not a lot of SPFL teams have. We just need a big striker (collins), I would say push vine into left wing and get Craig into the middle to have a creative spark in the middle but we really need some centre mids bursting a gut to pull defenders away from attackers or vice versa. Cant remember last time I seen Hibs with 3 players running towards a defence.

Nobody can knock your optimistic attitude to life, mate. I only went home with a bottom lip that was tripping me up. The fact we won't play another team close to that level this season is a positive, as is the fact we kept it to single figures. Other than that, it was more painful than putting my baws in a vice.

aazza91
26-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Nobody can knock your optimistic attitude to life, mate. I only went home with a bottom lip that was tripping me up. The fact we won't play another team close to that level this season is a positive, as is the fact we kept it to single figures. Other than that, it was more painful than putting my baws in a vice.

I'm a Hibs fan, I've learned to suffer and too look for the positives! Just think Malmo sussed out our weaknesses/strengths and had the perfect players to combat that.

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2013, 06:00 PM
We must make a decent start or Fenlon will be finished. If Hibs.net is anything to go by, he's only one gubbing away from the fans turning on him, myself included. No performance even approaching last night's nadir will be tolerated again. Let's hope we get the reaction we need from the players.

chrisski33
26-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I can see no positives from last night at all! Maybe game can be a huge wake up call for the upcoming season!

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Without changes we will be bottom 6 again.

We don't look like scoring and we concede goals easily, that's a recipe for disaster at any level.

Not good enough.

Heisenberg
26-07-2013, 06:06 PM
We don't create chances but we leak goals galore. Unless we make some top class signings in the next few weeks we'll be scraping around the relegation play off place.

Andy74
26-07-2013, 06:07 PM

10 out of 10 for effort and bravery!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Griffiths papered over a lot of cracks last season and we still never reached the top 6, a long season ahead unfortunately methinks.

delthehibee
26-07-2013, 06:26 PM
A very long season just hope that result has not dented the youger players breaking through.

Bad Martini
26-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Griffiths papered over a lot of cracks last season and we still never reached the top 6, a long season ahead unfortunately methinks.

Correct. I fear the worst. We have a ropey plan a, no plan b and no wonders of Griffiths to dig us out the ****. If that lot last night had busted their nuts trying to do something, I could stomach such a slapping a little bit more. However, they didn't and I canny. Thomson was noted in other threads and we have nothing close to filling the void Griffiths has left.

If we don't get our **** together in little over one week, we'll **** up the start of the season and it'll be painful again. It's make or break time. **** start and we're going nowhere but bottom six, where we were when fenlon took over.

Not good enough for a club with our stadium, facilities and relatively low debt. Not forgetting to core fan base, potential extra walk ups and everything else were at risk of ****ing up if we do not start playing the fitba we should be playing for the money WE are ploughing in via season tickets and merchandise plus walk ups.

ENDOF

Greendub
26-07-2013, 06:36 PM
We need a few games to let the players get up to match speed, I'm sure once they do, people will start to see we have a good squad for the coming season, I won't judge them on a game against a match fit and pretty decent European team.

Btw, I also thought last nights performance was abysmal, but what's done is done.