PDA

View Full Version : Friendly

Unseen work
26-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Last nights game to me felt far too much like a friendly match against a amateur team for malmo. From the first kick of the ball their was no tempo to our game, nothin challenge wise to let them know they were in a game. Mcpake done a couple of challenges then as soon as they scored he went off?? We only started making synical challenges when we were gettig gubbed because they were embarrassed. Even after half time I thought right this half will have at least a bit of effort about it or passion, only handling and Thomson as iv mentioned showed any. Absolute joke to not just get beaten, but to get beaten so easily and embarassing when you have 15,000 hibees all up for it and supporting you.

Also special mention for how shocking hibs tv was losing the stream for last 20 mins when I had paid to watch, saying that they done me a favour

Andy74
26-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Last nights game to me felt far too much like a friendly match against a amateur team for malmo. From the first kick of the ball their was no tempo to our game, nothin challenge wise to let them know they were in a game. Mcpake done a couple of challenges then as soon as they scored he went off?? We only started making synical challenges when we were gettig gubbed because they were embarrassed. Even after half time I thought right this half will have at least a bit of effort about it or passion, only handling and Thomson as iv mentioned showed any. Absolute joke to not just get beaten, but to get beaten so easily and embarassing when you have 15,000 hibees all up for it and supporting you.

Also special mention for how shocking hibs tv was losing the stream for last 20 mins when I had paid to watch, saying that they done me a favour

It's difficult to tackle in a European game but I thought we did put in a few challenges and there were a few yellows to show for it.

In terms of pace it is difficult to play and dictate a tempo when the other team can both pass and receive the ball at pace and actually run a lot more quickly than you can!

Factor in that they are match sharp and that side of it was very difficult to achieve.

There was a wee run just bfore half time when Handling was breaking away and it looked like he was going backwards!

Unseen work
26-07-2013, 03:22 PM
It's difficult to tackle in a European game but I thought we did put in a few challenges and there were a few yellows to show for it.

In terms of pace it is difficult to play and dictate a tempo when the other team can both pass and receive the ball at pace and actually run a lot more quickly than you can!

Factor in that they are match sharp and that side of it was very difficult to achieve.

There was a wee run just bfore half time when Handling was breaking away and it looked like he was going backwards!

Sorry but none of that is an acceptable excuse to explain why they at least never made the game competitive. I don't even think malmo were on us straight away with the first touch they seemed fine with letting us have it, we were just so bad at creating chances and moving off the ball to trouble them.

Bobby's Cinema
26-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Whilst this is true, the least you expect in front of a packed stadium is a bit of fight and resistance. To lose the goals as quickly as we did was shocking. And the two goals Williams threw in at the end, unprofessional as much as it was bad goalkeeping. Total lack of conecentration.

No link-up, no gameplan, no leaders. Nothing.

I sometimes wonder if you have a seat on the board mate. Probably just have to admire your optimism. I would have to say like most folk, I'm a lot more cynical