PDA

View Full Version : New season

CallumLaidlaw
26-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Ok, last night was bad. Like, really bad.

But, going into the game against Motherwell we NEED to try and forget about last night. The players (especially the young ones) need to forget about it, as dwelling on it is not going to help us get results in the league.
Whether or not people back Fenlon, we need to focus on backing them. I'm not issuing a rallying cry for people to go to the match, as I completely understand why people won't want to go. But for those that do, we need to go into the new season with optimism. We could still see a couple of new signings (hopefully defenders) to help the cause, and I'm looking forward to seeing Collins, Vine, Craig, Jones once they're up and running. In Mullen we have a young lad who has an excellent cross on him and with Vine and Collins up front that could be vital.
I'm gutted after last night, but I have to get in with it as the season hasn't even began.

GGTTH!

Dobosz83
26-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Agreed. We need to try and move on, however, the support will be divided big time and we've not kicked a ball in the SPL yet.

I went to bed last night feeling sick to my stomach at what took place at Easter Road last night. When I saw the line-up I think I along with most of the forum assumed defeat was on the cards but to that extent? Never in a millions years.

I've read a lot of people wanting Fenlon out now, and that was my initial reaction but as the hours tick on and I begin the calming down process, I'm not so sure. Truth is, I don't know where I sit after last night in regards to where we go from here and whether Fenlon should be involved.

This was not ideal preperation for the upcoming season but there's nothing we can do about that debacle last night. Fenlon or not, we need to get behind the team a week on Sunday in a crucial opener.

Spike Mandela
26-07-2013, 01:31 PM

But, going into the game against Motherwell we NEED to try and forget about last night. The players (especially the young ones) need to forget about it, as dwelling on it is not going to help us get results in the league.
Whether or not people back Fenlon, we need to focus on backing them. I'm not issuing a rallying cry for people to go to the match, as I completely understand why people won't want to go. But for those that do, we need to go into the new season with optimism. We could still see a couple of new signings (hopefully defenders) to help the cause, and I'm looking forward to seeing Collins, Vine, Craig, Jones once they're up and running. In Mullen we have a young lad who has an excellent cross on him and with Vine and Collins up front that could be vital.
I'm gutted after last night, but I have to get in with it as the season hasn't even began.

GGTTH!

Some of our more optimistic fans may be able to put this result to one side and look forward to the new season but my worry is that the players and manager won't be able to. This result will play on their mind and they will play nervous, anxious football whilst setting out not to try and win games but rather not to get beat especially not heavily.

We could be in for some eye bleeding stuff.....

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Some of our more optimistic fans may be able to put this result to one side and look forward to the new season but my worry is that the players and manager won't be able to. This result will play on their mind and they will play nervous, anxious football whilst setting out not to try and win games but rather not to get beat especially not heavily.

I can see what you mean, but we really do have some good midfielders in Craig, Harris, Thomson, Jones, Taiwo & Robertson. Hopefully they are utilised correctly and can give Collins good service as well as chipping in with a few goals

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 02:32 PM
"@joebhoy2412: Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Partick Thistle all report increases on last year season ticket sales."

"@joebhoy2412: Approximate figures: Hibs 8000, Partick Thistle 1500, Aberdeen 7000, St Mirren 2600, Ross County 2000, St Johnstone 1550 & Dundee Utd 4200."

hibee19
28-07-2013, 04:59 PM

GGTTH!

I totally disagree. If there is anything we could take from this game its that the players and management never want to feel like that again. Just forgetting it doesn't help anyone.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2013, 05:02 PM

So about the same as the last 4 and a bit months then?

MM19
28-07-2013, 05:07 PM

I'm sure when we were beaten 7-0 at Ibrox apart from the derby result there were very few good results for the rest of the season. Let's hope it's not the same again.