PDA

View Full Version : My opinion of last night.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2013, 10:57 AM
For me, that was more embarrassing than the 5-1 game. For the past week and a bit we've been promoting campaigns to make Easter Road bounce and we did for the first 20 minutes until we found ourselves 3-0 down. What the **** do Hibs players do when we turn out in our numbers? I seriously cannot remember the last time we played well in front of a large support? 2007 CIS Cup Final? We beat Hearts at home last season in the Scottish Cup but we weren't good in that game at all! We treated last night like a friendly and we embarrassed ourselves. It was always going to take a miracle but a small part of me believed we could do it which now seems pretty stupid. We started okay but it just seemed that the first four times Malmo attacked us they found themselves 4-0 up! The defence was woeful and Captain Bombscare had another nightmare. Yes Williams made some howlers but if it wasn't for him in the first leg we could've been sitting before last night 6-0 down. 16,000 fans turn out to try and cheer them on but they just can't seem to do it when it matters. Disappointment again for us Hibees and it's a real shame because if we had at very least put in a decent performance we may have seen maybe 3,000 people decide to buy season tickets. Play like we did last night and it's going to be another poor finish but anyway we all need to remember that Malmo and Hibs shouldn't have been on the same park last night. I will be there against Motherwell and tin hat on, in my opinion Pat has to go but I think Petrie will give him a little bit of time and for Pat's sake, we better start this season well and we do have the quality to do it. Collins and Vine up front sound promising. We've got a very good midfield if you look at them player by player but they were overrun last night by a fit and skilful Malmo but I still believe we need another right back as the young lad Mullen done okay but there's not much cover there at all and we need another CB for someone to play next to Forster who seemed to me like the only defender who cared last night. McPake played his way into a contract then just gave up and it seems like he's got more back problems but how some people rate Hanlon is beyond me! He is absolute gash. Sorry for the massive read ladies & gentlemen but I had a lot on mind and Fenlon has got a lot of questions to answer.