PDA

View Full Version : Rewards after Last Night (Hibs squad given weekend off)

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Thought there would have been lots to do after last night's shambles interms of preparation and training, however the team has been given the weekend off, and the manager is away back to Ireland for a break.....

It's a hard life eh?:rolleyes:

coldingham hibs
26-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Extended break, hopefully!

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Thought there would have been lots to do after last night's shambles interms of preparation and training, however the team has been given the weekend off, and the manager is away back to Ireland for a break.....

Will he ever return from that break?

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Be fair, he's organising his move home.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2013, 09:48 AM
I hope he's just left the country to let Petrie break the news about his immediate departure. :taxi for Fenlon, and can STF sack this Petrie too, and hire one of the other 100 Petries he wants at the club. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
26-07-2013, 09:48 AM

That to me sounds like Fenlon is gone and the players will find out on Monday who the new manager will be.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 09:49 AM

I'd have them in early for training up and down Arthur seat all day. Hope fenlon not coming back from his break.

BarneyK
26-07-2013, 09:52 AM
ross caldwell ‏@rossycee1 54m
Made it to work today and somehow not been sacked

Would this not suggest they're at training? Or maybe they were sent home?

Heisenberg
26-07-2013, 09:54 AM
That to me sounds like Fenlon is gone and the players will find out on Monday who the new manager will be.

We can but hope...

Fenlon said in his interview last night that they'd go in tomorrow and look over the game did he not? Maybe he's not been given the chance? He said "We'll have a look at it tomorrow and see where we go from there," he told BBC Scotland. Hopefully where he's gone from here is back home never to return.

cloudy
26-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Offered his resignation but told to go home and think about it over the wknd.. any Irish teams looking for a new gaffer?

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Offered his resignation but told to go home and think about it over the wknd.. any Irish teams looking for a new gaffer?

Source? ;)

Andy74
26-07-2013, 10:12 AM
We do like to take something and run with it eh....

Juice-Terry
26-07-2013, 10:13 AM

Seriously?

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 10:14 AM

If you read his twitter (which is a horror show like most young laddies) he's not talking about the game, its about giving some jambo called Laurie abuse.

I dunno if the twitter is real, he had some post about raping a dog..........

If you are under 30 and a Pro Footballer you should be banned from using social media that isn't locked down to real friends and family only.

26-07-2013, 10:15 AM

Why would he have been sacked :confused:

cloudy
26-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Source? ;)

Sorry was just thinking out loud

BarneyK
26-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Why would he have been sacked :confused:

Think he got into a bit of a slagging match on Twitter last night. You know, the usual...

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry was just thinking out loud

So it's pish that he offered his resignation then?

JimBHibees
26-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Surely not, one week before the season and the team and management are getting weekends off.

silverhibee
26-07-2013, 10:31 AM
We can but hope...

Fenlon said in his interview last night that they'd go in tomorrow and look over the game did he not? Maybe he's not been given the chance? He said "We'll have a look at it tomorrow and see where we go from there," he told BBC Scotland. Hopefully where he's gone from here is back home never to return.

Petrie will not mess about on this decision of sacking Fenlon, it will be swift, if he is back in Ireland then a announcement will be made by the club soon, i predict we will hear something on Sunday night about the departure of Fenlon.

No person is bigger than the club, if Petrie were to stand by him and it goes horribly wrong then i can assure you Petrie will be hounded out of the club along with Fenlon and i think RP knows this, sacking Fenlon now buys Petrie some more time to get it right again, my money will be on Butcher to be the next Hibs manager.

cloudy
26-07-2013, 10:32 AM
So it's pish that he offered his resignation then?

I was just thinking it would explain why he has gone back to Ireland and given the players the weekend off so close to the start of the season and the day after that result.... sorry if I got you excited

26-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Think he got into a bit of a slagging match on Twitter last night. You know, the usual...

Aaah i see. As much as I think players being on social media sites such as twitter can be a good thing as it allows the players to communicate with the fans etc. it can also be a nightmare for them (as we see many a time with Griffiths). Too many rival fans wanting to give them heavy abuse, which is not so bad if the player is mature enough to ignore it and not rise to it but many of them do and things can be spun right out of proportion and before we know it they are in the papers being slated. Don't get me wrong, if some wee ********s were bombarding me with abuse and insults on twitter I would find it very hard to restrain myself from giving it right back to them but when you are a public figure you really have to be so so careful what you say and do because the media will try and twist anything just to make a decent story.

jacomo
26-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Petrie will not mess about on this decision of sacking Fenlon, it will be swift, if he is back in Ireland then a announcement will be made by the club soon, i predict we will hear something on Sunday night about the departure of Fenlon.

No person is bigger than the club, if Petrie were to stand by him and it goes horribly wrong then i can assure you Petrie will be hounded out of the club along with Fenlon and i think RP knows this, sacking Fenlon now buys Petrie some more time to get it right again, my money will be on Butcher to be the next Hibs manager.

We could do much, much worse.

WTF has Jimmy Nicholl been doing? Has he got Petrie's ear? JN certainly has experience of prepping for Euro ties.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I was just thinking it would explain why he has gone back to Ireland and given the players the weekend off so close to the start of the season and the day after that result.... sorry if I got you excited

He said in his interview last night that much soul searching would be done.

BarneyK
26-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Aaah i see. As much as I think players being on social media sites such as twitter can be a good thing as it allows the players to communicate with the fans etc. it can also be a nightmare for them (as we see many a time with Griffiths). Too many rival fans wanting to give them heavy abuse, which is not so bad if the player is mature enough to ignore it and not rise to it but many of them do and things can be spun right out of proportion and before we know it they are in the papers being slated. Don't get me wrong, if some wee ********s were bombarding me with abuse and insults on twitter I would find it very hard to restrain myself from giving it right back to them but when you are a public figure you really have to be so so careful what you say and do because the media will try and twist anything just to make a decent story.

A remarkably ill-advised retort to some yam baiting. It's on the bounce http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?105865-Ross-Caldwell-On-Twitter&p=1331225#post1331225

silverhibee
26-07-2013, 11:03 AM

WTF has Jimmy Nicholl been doing? Has he got Petrie's ear? JN certainly has experience of prepping for Euro ties.

Jimmy Nicholl looked shell shocked in the dug out last night.

Beefster
Is it fact that he's off to Ireland? I don't expect him to be sacked by Rodders (despite thinking he should be) but I'd be dismayed if there wasn't at least one day of talks about the way forward between the two of them as a matter of urgency.

Keith_M

Maybe Jimmy Nicholl will be put in interim charge of the team.

Couldn't be much worse, could it.

Bearders
26-07-2013, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;3689376]Thought there would have been lots to do after last night's shambles interms of preparation and training, however the team has been given the weekend off, and the manager is away back to Ireland for a break.....

Not sure about Saturday/Sunday but players are in today............or have been in given it's now after midday!

NOLA
26-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Butcher enjoys his life in the highlands, cant see him leaving them for us unfortunatley, not 1 week before the start of a new season.

jacomo
26-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Butcher enjoys his life in the highlands, cant see him leaving them for us unfortunatley, not 1 week before the start of a new season.

All speculation I know, but he was also exasperated at times last season that ICT's successes hadn't been rewarded with bigger crowds.

He did turn down a move to England (can't remember which club) but Edinburgh is a lot closer to the Highlands.

Dinkydoo
26-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Surely not, one week before the season and the team and management are getting weekends off.

To be honest, this is just not ****ing on imo.

I was wondering last night how it takes me only 1 week to get back to full fitness after a holiday - a holiday where I rarely exercised and drank alcohol every day - but our professional football players seem to take much longer and after a pre-season 'training camp' and multiple friendlies, are still not back to full fitness.

Jamesie
26-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Let's face it, if you were Butcher would you move?

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Let's face it, if you were Butcher would you move?

Exactly, not a chance.

We are Hibs, not Rangers/Celtc or a top EPL side. If you were a neutral and you liked it in Inverness there is no reason at all to move to Hibs, unless you REALLY want to.

DH1875
26-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Me too :agree:.

Speedway
26-07-2013, 02:13 PM

Fenlon took training today.

I know you really want him gone Silver, but it doesn't look like it's happening....yet.

Jonnyboy
26-07-2013, 02:15 PM
We do like to take something and run with it eh....

Aye as long as it's not a ball (you did mean the players eh? :greengrin)

Jonnyboy
26-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Aye it's no like he's ever done that before :wink: