PDA

View Full Version : Who chooses our managers?

Waxy
26-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Was there not discussion last time,after alot of failueres. Who actually chooses our managers.I'm certain We gave Petrie so much stick about it that some other picks our managers now. Or was i dreaming/nightmaring?

Beefster
26-07-2013, 07:50 AM
It was Hyland and Lindsay last time around with Rodders having sign-off.

Waxy
26-07-2013, 07:27 PM
It was Hyland and Lindsay last time around with Rodders having sign-off.Ok.So excuse me for not knowing about our boards football knowledge,but did/do Hyland and Lindsay have experience in seeking out winning managers?

SaulGoodman
26-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Ok.So excuse me for not knowing about our boards football knowledge,but did/do Hyland and Lindsay have experience in seeking out winning managers?

It wouldn't appear so :duck:

:greengrin

Waxy
26-07-2013, 07:37 PM
It wouldn't appear so :duck:

:greengrinThey may have done so in a previous engagement therefore before jumping in headlong i refer the said question to satisfy wether they had or had not ,at a previous appointment, progressed to employ such a winning manager in previous times.

hibbydog
26-07-2013, 09:00 PM
When the last 5 managers have left the place in a worse state than when they took over, you have to ask questions of him what appoints them.

Petrie is at the core of the problem. Our gradual slide towards last night began when he sided with the players in 2007 when they whined about having to train hard.

bingo70
26-07-2013, 09:06 PM
When the last 5 managers have left the place in a worse state than when they took over, you have to ask questions of him what appoints them.

Petrie is at the core of the problem. Our gradual slide towards last night began when he sided with the players in 2007 when they whined about having to train hard.

If fenlon.leaves tomorrow even his harshest critic couldn't say we are worse now than when he took over, surely?

marinello59
26-07-2013, 09:07 PM
If fenlon.leaves tomorrow even his harshest critic couldn't say we are worse now than when he took over, surely?

We are not much better though are we?

Dunderhall
26-07-2013, 09:08 PM
I blame the interview panel's warm up routine.

Waxy
26-07-2013, 09:11 PM
One more bad manager choice and it'll be "Sack the board"
It's getting plain to see that's where the problems are coming from.
Maybe we should appoint a director of football?
But then i suppose we'd have the same problem of clueless board members picking rotten directors of football.
My heads sore.

bingo70
26-07-2013, 09:11 PM
We are not much better though are we?

Based on last night, no.....based on last season, yes.

hibbydog
26-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Depends how you judge it. Overall very slight improvement. But he's presided over the worst 2 results in our entire history. Still nowhere near good enough

ronaldo7
26-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Was there not discussion last time,after alot of failueres. Who actually chooses our managers.I'm certain We gave Petrie so much stick about it that some other picks our managers now. Or was i dreaming/nightmaring?

Santa or we just get a lucky bag...Sweeties anyone

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2013, 10:31 PM

Thats just lies, Petrie never backed the players he backed Collins.

The Voice Of Reason
26-07-2013, 11:05 PM
I have it on good authority that Petrie was not involved in selecting Fenlon (after the Calderwood debacle).

It was Keith Harris and Orwell who had they final say on the Fenlon appointment :agree:

marleyhib
26-07-2013, 11:58 PM
I have it on good authority that Petrie is a complete autocrat and is involved in everything at the club, from appointing the manger to who cleans the bogs. To say he had nothing to do in appointing Fenlon is surely way off the mark.

Hibs are rotten to the core, we encourage mediocrity and are rapidly becoming a laughing stock. Big, big changes are needed at Easter Road and it should start at the top i.e. Petrie.

steakbake
27-07-2013, 12:01 AM
I reckon they use a ouija board and Petrie always pushes the glass.

marleyhib
27-07-2013, 12:06 AM
On reflection I think it's Craig Levein.

jgl07
27-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Most of the time the Board selected the manager that the fans wanted:

Franck Sauzee, John Collins, Mixu, John Hughes?

Beefster
27-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Most of the time the Board selected the manager that the fans wanted:

Franck Sauzee, John Collins, Mixu, John Hughes?

I agree. The majority of the time, they did take the easy/lazy option.

Gettin' Auld
27-07-2013, 07:55 AM
I think it's Elmer Fudd.

Waxy
27-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Sack the board.

Waxy
04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Perhaps Pat Fenlon doesn't have a chance.
As much as he's a good guy the fact he's been in charge of two of our worst results ever
well,suppose it's like waking up and finding youve got two horrid tattoos.

We will always associate Pat with THAT final and perhaps we really do need to freshen the club up.

Please don't let Petrie pick the next guy.