PDA

View Full Version : Ggtth

fleethibee
26-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I feel exactly the same as everyone else on this board but wanted to register that I'm still behind the club. What will not change is my support for them as it has been for nearly 60 years. Yes, last night was the worst result in our history in Europe. I remember in the 60's and 70's attending the games against Real Madrid that we won (2-0) and then that famous one against Napoli (5-0) with Dino Zoff in goal for them but also many more. The team we have at the moment is poor and I do agree with the view that the defence seems to be the problem. I remember Eddie Turnbull saying that the spine of the team needs to be solid albeit we had Herriott in goal and Black at centre half. However, we had great full backs in Brownlie and Schaedler and they protected the team. We do not have decent full backs (or at least they're injured) and the centre of defence is very poor. I've never actually rated McPake as I always felt all he did was clear his lines even when there was no danger. I do believe that we could have a decent midfield and if reports are correct then James Collins is what we are looking for as well. Last night showed that we do not have a cutting edge at the moment and therefore it all comes back to the midfield and defence. From what I heard last night we retained no possession and looked totally out of our depth. Anyway I don't post a lot but felt that the calamitous result last night merited one