PDA

View Full Version : Hibs play football in slow motion.

Brooster
26-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Absolutely no pace, no drive, no vision, no game plan and no desire. Our lack of pace (with and without the ball) is frightening. Not one players is capable of moving the ball on quickly. Our central midfielders (Thomson, Tawio and Robertson) are incredibly one paced and nearly always play the ball backwards. Teams must love playing against us. Some drastic action is required very soon to address these issues.

3pm
26-07-2013, 07:16 AM
You sound like my Dad....you've been sitting next to him too long!! Ha Ha!

Castle Hibs
26-07-2013, 07:18 AM
The only man that can change them is Fenlon but he keeps sending them out to play that way. I think we have some decent players but last night they looked completely clueless when we had the ball. Makes me wonder what they actually done last week to prepare for this game.

rcarter1
26-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Absolutely no pace, no drive, no vision, no game plan and no desire. Our lack of pace (with and without the ball) is frightening. Not one players is capable of moving the ball on quickly. Our central midfielders (Thomson, Tawio and Robertson) are incredibly one paced and nearly always play the ball backwards. Teams must love playing against us. Some drastic action is required very soon to address these issues.

Its the lack of pace that really stood out last night. Malmo are a very quick side. Drogheda competed well enough so its difficult to judge. Im going to wait until Motherwell game to see how we fare, but we really struggle to attack teams, and then seem to open up badly for countre attacks. Will a change in formation help, or are we over the park just far too slow?

RIP
26-07-2013, 07:21 AM
It's the way Pat sets up the team

It's Anti Football

The next manager will quickly change things

JimBHibees
26-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Agree completely we seem to have a multitude of similar players (Taiwo, Thomson, Craig, Tudor Jones, Robertson) all central players who like the ball to feet and are as you say quite one paced. The only Hibs player with any pace last night was Harris and they easily nullified him by closing down in numbers. Lack of pace also shows in the way that we didnt pick up runners from midfield when they counter attacked they had 4 or 5 players bombing forward with our midfield not matching them.

If you look at all the big games PF has had he has IMO pretty much picked the wrong team in all of them (he played 1 forward v Falkirk however played 2 v Hearts, Celtic and last night when it would have made more sense to have another midfielder and break forward but also protect a little more a very average defence. To give a very decent team that amount of space in the middle of the park was an accident waiting to happen again. The first thing last night IMO was not to lose a goal when that went in with their first attack the tie was over.

Golden Bear
26-07-2013, 07:23 AM

:agree:

And you could have made the same post over a year ago. Lessons are never learnt, the system/tactics don't change (in fact do we have a system of play?)

Hypothetically if PF had the cream of the SPL football players to pick from, he still wouldn't have the managerial ability to gel them into a winning unit. The guy's not got what it takes --------- do the decent thing Mr Fenlon and just go now.

JimBHibees
26-07-2013, 07:25 AM
It's the way Pat sets up the team

It's Anti Football

The next manager will quickly change things

Dont think it is anti-football as IMO he should have bolstered the central midfield area and Handling should have been bench. It was naivety IMO to play with 2 up, his first priority should have been for us to be in the tie for as long as possible, offering our poor defence little protection from midfield left us ridiculously exposed.

brydekirk
26-07-2013, 07:45 AM
We did look slow, but malmo are lightning quick and made us look worse.
Malmo are a good side and we played right into their hands.

brian6-2
26-07-2013, 07:49 AM
if hibs played in slow motion that would mean they at least played football.

hibs dont play football. thats the bottom line, we havent for the best part of 3 seasons.

Golden Bear
26-07-2013, 07:55 AM
We did look slow, but malmo are lightning quick and made us look worse.
Malmo are a good side and we played right into their hands.

Malmo may be a good side but we shouldn't be getting humped 0-7 at home BY ANYONE!

soproni1
26-07-2013, 07:56 AM
The only man that can change them is Fenlon but he keeps sending them out to play that way. I think we have some decent players but last night they looked completely clueless when we had the ball. Makes me wonder what they actually done last week to prepare for this game.

Sums up how i feel almost every time i watch Hibs. The guys we have signed are obviously decent players as we've seen them do it for other teams against us. Fenlon has no bottle for big games - look at the 2 cup finals and European games. He's not been ambitious with any team selections (personnel or tactics). Hence why it is time for him to go.

The Leith Dutch
26-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Malmo may be a good side but we shouldn't be getting humped 0-7 at home BY ANYONE!

This.

We were unprofessional last night.

Regardless of whether we have the right players or the right manager we are a professional club with a decent enough budget that that should never happen. Ever.

ginger_rice
26-07-2013, 08:42 AM
This.

We were unprofessional last night.

Regardless of whether we have the right players or the right manager we are a professional club with a decent enough budget that that should never happen. Ever.

:agree::agree:

Said similar to my son last night when no 5 went in. It was Malmo's pace and movement which killed us how quick was that wee no 29!! What really concerns me no matter what excuses are used, lack of match practice, still in pre-season etc Hibs are supposed to be one of the top professional teams in Scotland I'd expect us to at least compete in a game against any club