PDA

View Full Version : Malmo fans worth the admission price alone

LongshanksED
26-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Football on the pitch was bad. Malmo fans in the stands were great. Never stopped signing, dancing or having a good time (sure it's easy when your 0-4 up at halftime) and were genuinely funny at times. Hope their team do something against Swansea. The fans deserve it after their performance last night.

marinello59
26-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Are there any fans in the world who wouldn't party like that when they are destroying the home team? This is probably churlish but I am ****ing sick of watching visiting supporters using our ground as party central.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-07-2013, 07:57 AM
anyone know what the inverted red/yellow Swedish flags were all about? didn't see one blue/yellow flag.
Basque Swedes ;-) ?

LancashireHibby
26-07-2013, 07:58 AM
anyone know what the inverted red/yellow Swedish flags were all about? didn't see one blue/yellow flag.
Basque Swedes ;-) ?
Think it's the flag for their region of Sweden.

Beefster
26-07-2013, 07:59 AM
This thread is symptomatic of a culture that permeates our club from the very top to the very bottom.

Cabbage East
26-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Yep. Too ****ing nice.

Oooh weren't the Malmo fans great!

Get a grip.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Think it's the flag for their region of Sweden.

yes, It's the flag of Scania. interesting reading actually:-

www.scania.org/facts/flag/engone.htm

brian6-2
26-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Yep. Too ****ing nice.

Oooh weren't the Malmo fans great!

Get a grip.

:agree:

One Day Soon
26-07-2013, 08:13 AM
***k Malmo and their fans.

We are in a hospital room dying but the view out of the window is nice? No thanks.

Change the doctor and get the patient cured please.

brian6-2
26-07-2013, 08:14 AM
***k Malmo and their fans.

We are in a hospital room dying but the view out of the window is nice? No thanks.

Change the doctor and get the patient cured please.

fancy a job mr cantona?

One Day Soon
26-07-2013, 08:16 AM
fancy a job mr cantona?

Now THERE'S an idea.

carnoustiehibee
26-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Easter road has become a great day out for opposing players and fans for far too long.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Are there any fans in the world who wouldn't party like that when they are destroying the home team? This is probably churlish but I am ****ing sick of watching visiting supporters using our ground as party central.

This thread is symptomatic of a culture that permeates our club from the very top to the very bottom.

Both posts spot on, I am sick of seeing away fans having a ball at ER, makes the current situation even more galling

Killiehibbie
26-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I want to see opposing players and fans totally humiliated and not wanting to ever come back to Easter Road instead of that we've got our players and fans feeling that way.

green.and.white
26-07-2013, 09:36 AM
They sang quite a lot and did a conga at 0-6. Big ****ing whoop. Doesn't deserve a thread praising them.

We are so soft

Bobby's Cinema
26-07-2013, 09:39 AM
shakes head

matty_f
26-07-2013, 09:41 AM

100% agree. If I wanted to pay to watch folk sing and dance I'd go to a musical.

PatHead
26-07-2013, 09:48 AM
This thread reminds me of this.............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWUaRtZ-JU

Spender
26-07-2013, 10:01 AM
:top marks
This thread reminds me of this.............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWUaRtZ-JU

ginger_rice
26-07-2013, 10:04 AM

Yup and unfortunately it's been like that for over 30 years now :grr:

Sanger
26-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Basque Swedes ;-) ?

They are viewed as Danes in Sweden!

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Football on the pitch was bad. Malmo fans in the stands were great. Never stopped signing, dancing or having a good time (sure it's easy when your 0-4 up at halftime) and were genuinely funny at times. Hope their team do something against Swansea. The fans deserve it after their performance last night.

We got pumped 0-9 on aggregate and lost 0-7 at home the worst ever defeat for a Scottish club in Europe but three cheers for the malmo fans because they sang danced and mocked us. Crazy!!!!

BarneyK
26-07-2013, 10:10 AM
We got pumped 0-9 on aggregate and lost 0-7 at home the worst ever defeat for a Scottish club in Europe but three cheers for the malmo fans because they sang danced and mocked us. Crazy!!!!

Did they mock us? (Genuine question - never picked up on that)

26-07-2013, 10:13 AM
As said above, I don't want the away fans at ER partying having a great time, I want them deflated and humiliated. This nicey nicey culture where we want to be everyones pal is what is wrong.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Did they mock us? (Genuine question - never picked up on that)

They were giving it ole ole in the first half.

BarneyK
26-07-2013, 10:21 AM
They were giving it ole ole in the first half.

Ach, I'll forgive them that, we'd be doing the same and we wouldn't be doing it out of disrespect for the opposition. They enjoyed themselves, fair play.

26-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Malmo fans make the admission price worth it? I'm sorry but I don't go to Easter Road to be entertained by the away supporters, I want to be entertained by my team and have the team justify the money im paying.

TAHibby
26-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm sure if I was a neutral at a game I would have had fun watching the fans but I couldn't stand to look at them last night. Kept looking at the scoreboard and wondered when I'd wake up but sadly that was a very real, living nightmare.

Hedlund12
26-07-2013, 11:02 AM
We were mocking ourselves! We started to do the "Ole!" cheer when we were 6 or 7 down and they joined in.

I was absolutely gutted and embarrassed by Hibs last night, it was an absolute disgrace, but at the same time I was impressed by their fans and players. Of course it's very easy to be having a party when you're 9-0 winners on aggregate. I stayed behind until after the final whistle to applaud the Malmö players because I thought they put in a very good performance and were a joy to watch at times (if it hadn't been at our expense). The way they played tonight is how I wish Hibs could play. And it may be "soft" or whatever but I wanted to show my appreciation for their good performance. And I appreciated their players coming over to the East stand and applauding our fans, picking up some scarves and did I see wrong or did one player actually give his shirt to a young Hibs fan? They didn't have to do that but I thought it was a nice gesture.

Maybe I am "soft", preferring to see scenes like that instead of vitriol and hatred. But that doesn't reflect on my desire to see Hibs win. Of course I wish the scoreline was reversed and their fans went away miserable. But that wasn't the case, and I don't believe that such scenes of friendliness or "softness" have any bearing on our football. A complete lack of talent and desire does that all by itself.

Here, here couldn't have put this any better myself

Milandinho
26-07-2013, 11:05 AM
We were mocking ourselves! We started to do the "Ole!" cheer when we were 6 or 7 down and they joined in.

I was absolutely gutted and embarrassed by Hibs last night, it was an absolute disgrace, but at the same time I was impressed by their fans and players. Of course it's very easy to be having a party when you're 9-0 winners on aggregate. I stayed behind until after the final whistle to applaud the Malmö players because I thought they put in a very good performance and were a joy to watch at times (if it hadn't been at our expense). The way they played tonight is how I wish Hibs could play. And it may be "soft" or whatever but I wanted to show my appreciation for their good performance. And I appreciated their players coming over to the East stand and applauding our fans, picking up some scarves and did I see wrong or did one player actually give his shirt to a young Hibs fan? They didn't have to do that but I thought it was a nice gesture.

Maybe I am "soft", preferring to see scenes like that instead of vitriol and hatred. But that doesn't reflect on my desire to see Hibs win. Of course I wish the scoreline was reversed and their fans went away miserable. But that wasn't the case, and I don't believe that such scenes of friendliness or "softness" have any bearing on our football. A complete lack of talent and desire does that all by itself.

:top marksAgree with everything you said.

Johnny Clash
26-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Spot on mate. It was horrible to experience but no point making it worse by acting like huffy, spiteful kids. Hopefully our players, manager and Petrie will reflect on all this and get the finger out and start paying the fans back.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Three cheers for Ramirez!!!!!!

:top marks

The Leith Dutch
26-07-2013, 11:33 AM
We were unprofessional last night and 7-0 is unacceptable.

That said -

I watched them play, I read their managers comments, I watched their players comeover to the East Stand to aplaud us and to be applauded and I watched their number 10 chase a ball to knock it out for a throw in rather than a goal kick to us while they were 7 goals up and the game was over 80 minutes old.

Everything about that reeked of the kind of class I believe and always have believed Hibernian FC should show.