PDA

View Full Version : Next manager?

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Assuming Pat does the honourable thing and resign today who would you like to see in the hotseat?

Thoughts?

steakbake
26-07-2013, 07:02 AM
No idea... I'd be tempted to go for Steve Lomas who seems to know how to set out a team.

Apart from that, anyone we've not had before. Not Kenny Shiels. If Ian Murray had more time as a manager under his belt, Id be tempted. I wouldn't be against giving Paul Hartley a call.

Despite a number of people wringing their hands, I still think Hibs are capable of attracting a good manager.

Apart from that, a Scandinavian/Dutch manager might be worth a shout.

Harpandcastle
26-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't be against giving Hartley a call either, but after firing off vitriolic personal abuse at the rat bag I'd swiftly hang up.

Wyatt.S.Earp
26-07-2013, 07:07 AM
well no more second raters.....Fenlon was never a good choice ,very lower league.....Calderwood and Hughes......both a joke ,made us a laughing stock.....in truth the state Scottish football is in......who wants the job....!!?

Steve20
26-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Fenlon will still be manager for the start of the season.

CorrieHibs
26-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Fenlon won't resign and he'll still be manger at Xmas. Can't afford to get rid of him.

steakbake
26-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Fenlon won't resign and he'll still be manger at Xmas. Can't afford to get rid of him.

Can we really afford to keep him?

lucky
26-07-2013, 07:27 AM
I don't want PF to go but if he walks then I would go for Jimmy Calderwood. He archives results in the SPL. Yes I know his football is boring and he is a knob. But at least he knows the the league. No way should Hibs ever consider Hartley that would an insult to far for me. Fanciful to think Lomas would leave Millwall for Hibs after just going there. But as always Hibs have managed to lose the support and the league season has not started

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Calderwood? No

Hartley? Nae chance!

Shiels? Stoap it!

We need a motivator and a decent tactician that isn't afraid to make changes when needed.

Really no idea to be honest but wouldn't be against a foreign manager.

CorrieHibs
26-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Can we really afford to keep him?

As long as we're not in the bottom 2 then yes! That seems to be our aim nowadays. Last season was seen as a success by some sections. Fenlon has been out his depth since he signed this is nothing new!

GlenrothesHibee
26-07-2013, 07:35 AM
No idea... I'd be tempted to go for Steve Lomas who seems to know how to set out a team.

Apart from that, anyone we've not had before. Not Kenny Shiels. If Ian Murray had more time as a manager under his belt, Id be tempted. I wouldn't be against giving Paul Hartley a call.

Despite a number of people wringing their hands, I still think Hibs are capable of attracting a good manager.

Apart from that, a Scandinavian/Dutch manager might be worth a shout.

No way Lomas would leave the Championship for us

KeithTheHibby
26-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Butcher, McCall or Adams. All these guys get the best out of average players which we have in abundance.

southsider
26-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Terry Butcher.....does not even have a shoestring to work with and has worked wonders up north.

Zazu62
26-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Ian Murray?

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I don't want PF to go but if he walks then I would go for Jimmy Calderwood. He archives results in the SPL. Yes I know his football is boring and he is a knob. But at least he knows the the league. No way should Hibs ever consider Hartley that would an insult to far for me. Fanciful to think Lomas would leave Millwall for Hibs after just going there. But as always Hibs have managed to lose the support and the league season has not started

The Aberdeen team we pipped to 3rd played some good stuff. A game when they beat us 2-1 at ER towards the end of that season was a great game of attacking football.

I'm absolutely not against Calderwood getting the job but would be tempted to look abroad possibly to Scandanavia or Easter Europe.

cloudy
26-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Terry Butcher for me, I think the squad is good enough pat just doesn't seem to be able to get them playing... players that we slate or dnt look good seem to leave and find form others that look good for other teams come to hibs and look bad, take Craig, Vine and Spoony for example

sadtom
26-07-2013, 08:20 AM
PF's position is untenable. Go. and go NOW!
If Sheils, Calderwood or Hartley are the best we can do the we'd be as well just closing the ****** gates.
Butcher or McCall would be the best shouts of the names mentioned above, but i still think there must be better options.

Ray_
26-07-2013, 08:22 AM
McCall for me, without the benefits of having a selection process, otherwise Phil Brown from Southend.

Heisenberg
26-07-2013, 08:22 AM
I don't think he'll go any time soon. Petrie won't sack him and I just can't seem him walking away. Derek Adams would sort us out but I don't think he'd come back. Butcher as well. I just wouldn't trust the board to pick tbh, they've not got it right for years.

YehButNoBut
26-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Would the Malmo manager fancy trying Scotland?

Ray_
26-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Would the Malmo manager fancy trying Scotland?

Only if he brings his team :greengrin

HibsNibs
26-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Must be Butcher. Horrible hun but hard as nails. Wouldn't take any ****. Would steady the ship

Stevie Reid
26-07-2013, 08:44 AM
If the vacancy comes up, my ideal choice would be Adams, but I have serious doubts as to whether he would come, which says a hell of a lot.

McCall would be great but no way on earth would he come.

Can't see Butcher leaving the life he has in Inverness for ER.

I may well be wrong of course, but it's a very sad day when you can't imagine the respective managers of Ross County, ICT and Motherwell jumping at the chance to manage Hibs.

Jones28
26-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Go for a foreigner. German, Dutch or scadanavian. Get someone in who knows how to play the kind of football that Malmo were playing last night.

gegs70
26-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Fenlon would have gone had we lost thd semi final v Falkirk. He has been at the helm for a number of humiliating results, after last night a lot of fans will not turn up to watch another season of transition?! Im not sure who would take this job on..it needs to be an experienced coach...shiels seems to be anle to get some decent players on a tght budget...I like Ian Murray but think this will be too esrly in his career.

1875hibee
26-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Assuming Pat does the honourable thing and resign today who would you like to see in the hotseat?

Thoughts?
I think pat has to go but when are we all going to turn to the board and tell them to go !!!!!
its them that keep appointing managers that simply are NOT good enough to be in charge of Hibernian football club

sadtom
26-07-2013, 09:00 AM
PF's position is untenable. Go. and go NOW!
If Sheils, Calderwood or Hartley are the best we can do the we'd be as well just closing the ****** gates.
Butcher would be the best shout of the names mentioned above, but i still think there must be better options.

Shearer
26-07-2013, 09:03 AM
John Collins.

Never in a million years would he have allowed such a gutless performance as last night's, at least we had plenty of spirit and passion when he was in charge.

J-C
26-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Get Bobby Gould in now, he's wasted on Talksport :greengrin

Seriously I'd have McLeish back if not we really need to go with someone with experience at a far higher level than Ireland or even English league 1 or 2

ginger_rice
26-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Go for a foreigner. German, Dutch or scadanavian. Get someone in who knows how to play the kind of football that Malmo were playing last night.

Last night watching Malmo reminded me of watching the Tornados every time they went forward you expected them to score, that's what I want to see from Hibs, pace movement and GOAL THREAT!!

Delboy4
26-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Must be Butcher. Horrible hun but hard as nails. Wouldn't take any ****. Would steady the ship

I've been wanting Butcher to manage us since after Mixu, he would take no crap from anyone, he's a true gent but get on the wrong side of him...AND more importantly he knows his football..!

carnoustiehibee
26-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Why on earth would mcall or butcher come to hibs? Come on think about it eh!

ginger_rice
26-07-2013, 09:16 AM

They might see the potential in this club? However IMHO there would have to be a massive change in the way this club is run behind the scenes we need some football people in the boardroom

Ozyhibby
26-07-2013, 09:18 AM
I would be happy enough to offer the job to Calderwood or Sheils until the end of the season. They are both unemployed so no compo, know the league and are available to start tomorrow.
We don't have time for a long search so that we can 'get the right man' which is the usual line trotted out by Hibs and results in the opposite outcome.
Added advantage is they have both worked with Nichol before so no need for major changes.
Personally would opt for Calderwood.

edwards
26-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Terry Butcher, Terry Butcher, Terry Butcher oh and did I say Terry Butcher. so do i get to post this one.

Sylar
26-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Gary Bollan - worked wonders with a group of young players at Livingston and had them playing some of the best football I've seen in Scotland.

Solid tactician, great development potential and he recognised a good signing on a limited budget.

HibsNibs
26-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Because anyone who does get it right at Hibs' next stop is the EPL or the OF (GTF) and multi-millionaire-hood, see McLeish, Mowbray

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Butcher wouldn't come to Easter Road. Why would he when he's happy where he is?

hibees 7062
26-07-2013, 10:07 AM
McLeish

26-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Fenlon will still be manager for the start of the season.

Unfortunately I think so too, I don't think Petrie will like the idea of going into the season manager-less.

Speedway
26-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Thoughts?

Thoughts are: won't happen.

Butcher would then be managing a club with Hibs expectations and underachieve. Top 4 is massive for ICT, it's what we think is mandatory so as soon as Butcher missed out on it because Petrie wouldn't sign the players he wanted, he'd be derided like all the others touted on here in times gone by.

I've been wanting Butcher to manage us since after Mixu, he would take no crap from anyone, he's a true gent but get on the wrong side of him...AND more importantly he knows his football..!

See above.

YehButNoBut
26-07-2013, 11:19 AM
To think we could have got Steve Clarke for a few more quid...........................allegedly, sigh.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately I think so too, I don't think Petrie will like the idea of going into the season manager-less.

We wouldn't, we could have an interim manager of Jimy Nichol and see how he gets on. If he does a better job (s******) then make it permanent and if he doesn't, get someone else.

Surely we have nothing to lose?

:dunno:

The_Exile
26-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Butcher, but he'd need his head examined if he left Inverness for us at the moment. The turning point for me was when Collins left, we pandered to the players when we should've shown them where the door was.

Springbank
26-07-2013, 11:38 AM
McCall for me, without the benefits of having a selection process, otherwise Phil Brown from Southend.

Phil Brown or Neil Warnock

Fresh challenge for them and they'd tear up the league through better organisation and motivation

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Jimmy Nicholl is poised.

bigwheel
26-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Alex Miller was in the stands...lets get him back ...

bigwheel
26-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Phil Brown or Neil Warnock

Fresh challenge for them and they'd tear up the league through better organisation and motivation

Those are possibly the two people I would least like to see anywhere near our club ,,

thebakerboy
26-07-2013, 01:09 PM
If we have to get a new manager I feel that Petrie and the board should not make the decision on who to offer the position too. An independent group of Hibs football minded people should be brought in to find us a new manager. I would suggest Pat Stanton , Pat Nevin and A Another (possibly not Hibs biased) should be asked to bring up a shortlist and interview them on football matters and once someone has been chosen then Petrie can negotiate the financial package as happens with players. This way you do not get non football people( the board) deciding on football matters.Even if Fenlon does not leave now this should be done on a low key for future reference.

Cauld Bovril
26-07-2013, 01:20 PM
IF he goes, it has to be someone who has a proven track record in this league. No more gambling on the most important position at our club. Butcher has all the credentials, as does McCall, but would they come here?

Niffy
26-07-2013, 01:25 PM
John Collins.

Never in a million years would he have allowed such a gutless performance as last night's, at least we had plenty of spirit and passion when he was in charge.

If it's true that Pat has changed so much of the way players behave, ditched the fannies from the playing staff etc, I wonder if Collins's hard training regime would be better accepted this time ?

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2013, 01:25 PM
An up and coming foreigner from the Dutch/German/scandinavian leagues please. Someone who wants to play football the right way, and knows how to set a team up properly.

DH1875
26-07-2013, 02:11 PM
There's not a cats in hells chance Butcher would take the job.

bigwheel
26-07-2013, 02:15 PM
What exactly has Butcher achieved as a manager to view him as an outstanding candidate ??

Denverhibby
26-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Get Bobby Gould in now, he's wasted on Talksport :greengrin

Seriously I'd have McLeish back if not we really need to go with someone with experience at a far higher level than Ireland or even English league 1 or 2

Why not. He's unemployed great idea.

Big Sexy Dave
26-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Why would he resign? I'd go for John Collins or Kenny Shiels.

Dan Sarf
26-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Those are possibly the two people I would least like to see anywhere near our club ,,

Seconded. And thirded.

AngusHibby
26-07-2013, 02:36 PM
What exactly has Butcher achieved as a manager to view him as an outstanding candidate ??

Took ICT from division one to a well earned 4th place in the SPL in 3/4 years. They play fairly attractive football and he seems to have an eye for a player, e.g Mackay, Shinnie's, Hayes, amongst others. People underestimate how well Inverness are doing it seems.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2013, 02:49 PM
IMO I'd like Stuart McCall or Terry Butcher.

joe breezy
26-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Paul Hartley

joebakerforever
26-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Would go for Paulo Sergio, currently in Cyprus, who impressed during his time with the Jambos.

Big Sexy Dave
26-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Would go for Paulo Sergio, currently in Cyprus, who impressed during his time with the Jambos.

Cyprus or Edinburgh? Champions League or fighting for a top 6 spot in a diddy league? HIBS IT IS!

Aldo
26-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Could Paul Sturrock do a job for us. Did really well at Plymouth and Southend.

Just thinking out loud like

johnbc70
26-07-2013, 04:39 PM
John Collins back with a remit to reshape the club from top to bottom. Complete professional who with time would make our club a respected professional outfit again.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Jimmy Nicholl is poised.

:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2013, 04:51 PM
An up and coming foreigner from the Dutch/German/scandinavian leagues please. Someone who wants to play football the right way, and knows how to set a team up properly.

This is what I'm thinking. I think we have to take that approach rather than just shuffle the same old uninspiring pack of Calderwood's, Butcher's etc etc.

Humo
26-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Ian Murray

cam2644
26-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Ian Murray hasn't the experience YET.
Butcher would be a good choice if he would take it because he would stiifen the squad up.
If not then a foreign manager might be the order of the day. Why not look at Spanish possibles for example?
Pat Fenlon will be feeling sick today but more of the blame lies with Rod Petrie.
Why does Sir Tom Farmer still stick with him after so many blunders?

God Petrie
26-07-2013, 06:09 PM
A complete unknown a la Mowbray.

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I dont get the John Collins love in. Under his tenure the best team we had had for 20 years or more couldnt beat first division Dunfermline over two matches for the chance to play a Scottish cup final against a very average Celtic team. Player revolt notwithstanding, instead of manning up when the going got tough he chucked the toys oot the pram and walked. Not the actions of a man looking to make a name for himself as a manager ........ and not for me.

Kenny Shiels .... I highly doubt STF or Rod Petrie would entertain a manager who doesnt know when to engage his brain before talking and is likely to spend more time in the stand than the dugout. If ever a club needed to shut its pus and concentrate on the job at hand its Hibernian F.C.

Ian Murray .... looks promising, but too soon.

Any new untried manager .... No. Mowbray was a total fluke and inherited the best crop of players this club has produced in a generation. But boy, did he know about attacking football though.

I would love to see Terry Butcher. A respected player and Ross County cant buy a win against his ICT side .. good enough for me :greengrin

The two things we must do if it comes to it is to think out of the box and not go cheap.

Pat Fenlon:

The one thing that strikes me is that he seems incapable of learning from experience. As far as I am aware Lewis Stevenson got torn a new arse in Sweden .. why then was he put in the same position last night?

The best Hibs ever played under PF was that second half against Falkirk. Though he was forced into it, it must have been an eye opener to him how forcefull Hibs were in that game when they simply had to attack. But the Scottish Cup final and last night was a case of back to plan 'A' ...... Which seems to be a total lack of tactical know how and a very conservative approach to the game.

Phil D. Rolls
26-07-2013, 07:27 PM
It's ironic that, had Hibs not made two SC finals in a row, two of these horrendous results would not have happened.

Instead, we would be looking at the progress made in the league over two seasons, two semi finals, and saying "we're getting there".

JCHibby
26-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Mr R Petrie time for you to step up and earn your £ sir

LioNeilMessi
26-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Reminds me when that Sevco fan phoned into Sportsound asking for Moyes to replace Mcoist :top marks

hibbydog
26-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Butcher or McCall?

No chance either would come here. Would love to be wrong.

You'd be as well starting a thread titled Guoardiola or Mourinho.

Dunderhall
26-07-2013, 08:12 PM
McCall, no chance after turning down Sheffield Utd, even assuming he would see it as a step up.
Butcher, I doubt it also. Turned down some dubious offers, would want a bigger move IMO.

Might as well go for Leigh Griffiths as player manager, might appeal to the tache as a BOGOF.

Eternal Hibbie
26-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Butcher or McCall?

No chance either would come here. Would love to be wrong.

You'd be as well starting a thread titled Guoardiola or Mourinho.

Why not ?

McCall in the stands last night looking at 16,000 Hibbies, he can't even dream of that at Motherwell, Butcher likewise.

They have both probably taken their respective clubs as far as they can, will be aware we have just splashed out £200k on a striker.

Huge potential, they'll know that.

ionahibby
26-07-2013, 08:13 PM
So our 24 hours of bedwetting has whittled our next manager down to these two guys fantastic ;)

Glory Lurker
26-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Not Butcher, please.

3pm
26-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Neither.

YehButNoBut
26-07-2013, 08:15 PM
So our 24 hours of bedwetting has whittled our next manager down to these two guys fantastic ;)

Don't see what's bad about that either of the 2 of them have a much better record than Fenlon.

Who else are we going to attract??

ionahibby
26-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Don't see what's bad about that either of the 2 of them have a much better record than Fenlon.

Who else are we going to attract??

My point is that Fenlon hasn't even left yet nor will he anytime soon and 1 defeat and disgraceful one at that but we seem to have a new guy lined up already! Some people need a dose of reality me thinks. We were poor last night i accept that but we are nowhere near an execution squad for Fenlon just yet!

Purehibee_MYB
26-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Why not ?

McCall in the stands last night looking at 16,000 Hibbies, he can't even dream of that at Motherwell, Butcher likewise.

They have both probably taken their respective clubs as far as they can, will be aware we have just splashed out £200k on a striker.

16,000 that are not coming back anytime soon. Both have turned down more appealing/better offers and clubs with as good potential as Hibs. What makes us so special?

RickyS
26-07-2013, 08:23 PM

:agree: i have defended pat a lot but i just can't justify it any more.

cad
26-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Whoever Rod picks will do me fine ,if indeed Patrick does leave us .

My choice if it was between those 2 would be McCall ,cant stand Butcher, plus fitba people ken Malpas is the brains in that duo

Eternal Hibbie
26-07-2013, 08:26 PM

Reckon we're entitled to 24 hours of bedwetting after that and whilst I don't believe Fenlon will be going anytime soon there's no harm in speculating. ;)

hibbydog
26-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Why not ?

I hope they see it that way.

I think they're more likely to view it as a Sidey ways move to a club that's a chuffing nightmare to make a success of. Look at the last 5 managers. They all seemed like sensible appointments at the time but it didn't work out.

Something far far wrong at Hibs and I don't blame anyone for wanting to stay well clear of it.

Only IMO of course

scoopyboy
26-07-2013, 08:31 PM
16,000 that are not coming back anytime soon. Both have turned down more appealing/better offers and clubs with as good potential as Hibs. What makes us so special?

You reckon that all 16,000 Hibs fans are not coming back?

Looks like I'd better cancel the bus.

matty_f
26-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Neither.

:agree:

IberianHibernian
26-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Neither . If / when Pat leaves lets look further afield .

Purehibee_MYB
26-07-2013, 08:35 PM
You reckon that all 16,000 Hibs fans are not coming back?

Looks like I'd better cancel the bus.

I'll cancel my season ticket too :greengrin Obviously not all 16,000, but certainly it'll be a long time before we see that many hibees at easter road again

YehButNoBut
26-07-2013, 08:38 PM
My point is that Fenlon hasn't even left yet nor will he anytime soon and 1 defeat and disgraceful one at that but we seem to have a new guy lined up already! Some people need a dose of reality me thinks. We were poor last night i accept that but we are nowhere near an execution squad for Fenlon just yet!

You obviously have not been reading some of these threads, IMO we're very close to getting rid of Fenlon and rightly so.

If he somehow manages to survive last nights farce then it's only a matter of time, the majority of the fans & it looks like the players have lost any faith in him and I can't see him recovering from this.

We will surely soon be looking for a new manager and could do a lot worse than either Butcher or McCall, not saying we'll get either of them as don't know their contract situations or desire for the job but couldn't see either being worse than Fenlon.

jeffers
26-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Something far far wrong at Hibs and I don't blame anyone for wanting to stay well clear of it.

Only IMO of course

I'm not singling you out but this is a line often repeated on this board, usually after the latest manager has failed. What is it that is wrong ? Personally I think we just keep appointing the wrong managers......

matty_f
26-07-2013, 08:40 PM

I'm definitely of the opinion that this is the way to go.

Eternal Hibbie
26-07-2013, 10:42 PM

Don't think the Sheffield Utd gig is better than us, they're not awash with cash, English lower leagues currently and if I remember correctly McCall said he'd asked for certain assurances that weren't forthcoming.

Think Butcher is happy north of the border and convinced he'd jump at Hibs, only my opinion mind.

Irrelevant anyway, wee Pat's staying, he's taken us to consecutive cup finals, extra income and plenty brownie points from Rod.

bingo70
26-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm definitely of the opinion that this is the way to go.

Or a mental south American that'll bring in exciting but errattic players with good names.

I'm still of the opinion fenlon can turn it around but if he doesn't and he leaves I want someone exciting, terry butcher or Stuart McCall need not apply.

steakbake
26-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Definitely think that Hartley will, in the relatively near future, be seen to be an excellent manager. I'd take him on his way to something else.

Don't care who future managers are: former OF, Jambos or whatever. As long as they are good and instill a bit of much lacking grit in our performances.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Definitely think that Hartley will, in the relatively near future, be seen to be an excellent manager. I'd take him on his way to something else.

Don't care who future managers are: former OF, Jambos or whatever. As long as they are good and instill a bit of much lacking grit in our performances.

Sorry i'd rather eat my own sheite that have that prick anywhere near my club.

snooky
26-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Ian Murray?

Surprised there's no' been a tsunami of fans crying for him to be the new messiah, seriously.
Still time tho'.

spike220
26-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Surprised there's no' been a tsunami of fans crying for him to be the new messiah, seriously.
Still time tho'.
Forget the next Manager Bull****. Who is next to board the looser train?? We need to change our mentality and reach out and grab our inheritance. Get 11 Radge's on the field that scare the opposition witless that they will break their ankles if they so much as look a the ball! Get a production line of them (since many will be banned) and one silky player in the middle of the park. There is your bloody plan.

spike220
26-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Forget the next Manager Bull****. Who is next to board the looser train?? We need to change our mentality and reach out and grab our inheritance. Get 11 Radge's on the field that scare the opposition witless that they will break their ankles if they so much as look a the ball! Get a production line of them (since many will be banned) and one silky player in the middle of the park. There is your bloody plan. And many a man (myself included) would pay good money to watch us chase Celtic or the Jambos round the park scared witless!

steakbake
26-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Sorry i'd rather eat my own sheite that have that prick anywhere near my club.

He's already been...

SurferRosa
26-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Forget the next Manager Bull****. Who is next to board the looser train?? We need to change our mentality and reach out and grab our inheritance. Get 11 Radge's on the field that scare the opposition witless that they will break their ankles if they so much as look a the ball! Get a production line of them (since many will be banned) and one silky player in the middle of the park. There is your bloody plan.

Yeah, that`s the way to go. Let`s no bother trying to put a team together that can pass it forward, find and make space, play with direction and purpose or, dare i say, try and emulate the outfit that utterly destroyed us last night. Naw, lets just get a load of talentless cloggers together and " break their ankles ".......dearie ****ing me..:rolleyes:

spike220
26-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that`s the way to go. Let`s no bother trying to put a team together that can pass it forward, find and make space, play with direction and purpose or, dare i say, try and emulate the outfit that utterly destroyed us last night. Naw, lets just get a load of talentless cloggers together and " break their ankles ".......dearie ****ing me..:rolleyes: trying to play too much football without the players is what is getting us done again, and again and again.... or haven't you being following hibs recently?

Sir David Gray
26-07-2013, 11:41 PM

No thanks.

SurferRosa
26-07-2013, 11:48 PM
trying to play too much football without the players is what is getting us done again, and again and again.... or haven't you being following hibs recently?

Trying to play too much football?? Kicking the ball about aimlessly backwards and sideways before giving it to Williams to hoof up the field is trying to play football?? I`m suggesting we put a team together to pass and move the ball with pace, a purpose and a plan..........your suggestion is to field a team of animals to injure the opposition. I know what i`d rather to pay to see.....

Squealing pig
26-07-2013, 11:49 PM
No butcher or mccall plz rather hav pat tbh

spike220
26-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Trying to play too much football?? Kicking the ball about aimlessly backwards and sideways before giving it to Williams to hoof up the field is trying to play football?? I`m suggesting we put a team together to pass and move the ball with pace, a purpose and a plan..........your suggestion is to field a team of animals to injure the opposition. I know what i`d rather to pay to see..... I think it is a bit harsh to call my team animals, if we had 3 or 4 of these so called animals in the team this week I can assure you it would not have been 0-7.:agree:

steakbake
26-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Trying to play too much football?? Kicking the ball about aimlessly backwards and sideways before giving it to Williams to hoof up the field is trying to play football?? I`m suggesting we put a team together to pass and move the ball with pace, a purpose and a plan..........your suggestion is to field a team of animals to injure the opposition. I know what i`d rather to pay to see.....

The ball is round, it's meant to roll.

spike220
26-07-2013, 11:53 PM

The ball is round, it's meant to roll.Not into the back of my net sunny-boy!

steakbake
26-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Not into the back of my net sunny-boy!

Nope but kicking people off the park isn't football. Unless you're hoping to emulate Uruguay circa 1986.

HibeeBigFly
27-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Or a mental south American that'll bring in exciting but errattic players with good names.

I'm still of the opinion fenlon can turn it around but if he doesn't and he leaves I want someone exciting, terry butcher or Stuart McCall need not apply.

Marcelo Bielsa for me. An absolute maniac of a man whom is probably daft enough to accept the challenge. One of the greatest managers in my lifetime. Unrealistic probably but this man is crackers, doesn't need money, is out of work and loves the game.

steakbake
27-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Marcelo Bielsa for me. An absolute maniac of a man whom is probably daft enough to accept the challenge. One of the greatest managers in my lifetime. Unrealistic probably but this man is crackers, doesn't need money, is out of work and loves the game.

Someone like that but I cannot see them fitting into the staid golf-club like, hierarchical, limited corporate blazer mentality you're likely to find at the club.

eastmainsmsh
27-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Steve Kean

Captain Trips
27-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Next manager Top 3 please no excuses.

davieh
27-07-2013, 10:25 AM
If Middlesbrough get off to a poor start, Mowbray will be available soon (5-1 on first Championship Manager to be sacked at the mo)...?

snooky
27-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Sorry, disagree.............. :gun: Fire!

Teapot
27-07-2013, 11:08 AM

For the most part I don't care if one of our future managers was to be a Jambo but the thought of seeing that greasy wee rat wearing the hibs badge and representing our club gives me the boke.

yeezus.
27-07-2013, 11:13 AM
For the most part I don't care if one of our future managers was to be a Jambo but the thought of seeing that greasy wee rat wearing the hibs badge and representing our club gives me the boke.

:agree: I despise him, that being said he has done a great job with Alloa.

lobster
27-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Ian Murray?

jeffers
27-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I didn't agree with BH (bit of that going on today :wink:) when he suggested we scrap the youth set-up and sign non-British players but I'm with him on appointing a contintental manager. We are or at least were known as a club of firsts and while it wouldn't actually be a first appointing a manager from say Holland it would show some innovative thinking rather than the same old names being trotted out. I'd even settle for another transitional period if the new man had us playing football in an entertaining way, he signed players that are athletic, who have good control and who look to pass the ball to their team mates, not hoof it up to them at chest height.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I didn't agree with BH (bit of that going on today :wink:) when he suggested we scrap the youth set-up and sign non-British players but I'm with him on appointing a contintental manager. We are or at least were known as a club of firsts and while it wouldn't actually be a first appointing a manager from say Holland it would show some innovative thinking rather than the same old names being trotted out. I'd even settle for another transitional period if the new man had us playing football in an entertaining way, he signed players that are athletic, who have good control and who look to pass the ball to their team mates, not hoof it up to them at chest height.

:wink:

I'm all for us signing Scottish players who can do all that, but i dont see any we could afford or any who would get us into a position we'd qualify for the group stages of the Europa league.

Which is why i think we need a change of direction. Maribor top players, and a team that qualified for the league stages were on 4000 euros a week. I'd like to see us tap into that market, and others like it. Until our players from these shores are up to it, i can't see why not?

Billychaotic182
27-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Bring back Mixu

jeffers
27-07-2013, 05:41 PM
:wink:

I'm all for us signing Scottish players who can do all that, but i dont see any we could afford or any who would get us into a position we'd qualify for the group stages of the Europa league.

Which is why i think we need a change of direction. Maribor top players, and a team that qualified for the league stages were on 4000 euros a week. I'd like to see us tap into that market, and others like it. Until our players from these shores are up to it, i can't see why not?

You're setting your sights a lot higher than I am ! I'd be happy (at least for now) if we regularly qualified for europe through our league position. Tbh I don't care where a player is from, but you are correct in that we should be looking to sign players from other markets not just the UK one. In saying that there are some good Scottish youngsters capable of taking us forward e.g. Gary Mackay Steven signing for DUFC from Airdrie.

But it is also nice to see young home grown players coming into the first team. I think we both agree that Alex Harris could be a real star, it is because of players like him that I think we should continue with our youth policy.

It's been mentioned before, but of all the poaching Celtic have done from us possibly the one that had the biggest impact was them taking John Park. I'm sure if he was still there we probably would have signed players from countries such as Slovenia.

E10 Rifle
27-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Next manager Top 3 please no excuses.

Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pullis

Poyet
Warnock
Burley
Houston
Levein

Bad Martini
27-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pullis

Poyet
Warnock
Burley
Houston
Levein

McLeish, burley, levein??

I've got some export in the fridge but after Thursday, I'd happily leave it to smoke whatever you are on with that list :eek:

AlbertK86
27-07-2013, 07:56 PM
John Collins back with a remit to reshape the club from top to bottom. Complete professional who with time would make our club a respected professional outfit again.

I would bite your hand of to get JC back.

However as long as Petrie is still there this ain't happening. RP refused to back him previously so if we can somehow dislodge Petrie JC won't entertain any return.

Hibs07p
28-07-2013, 09:26 AM
What about that boy Baxter? Every Fvkkers heard of him, must be a great manager, been connected with every job in Scotland at one time or another. :cb

Seriously though, Fenlon should be gone, Jimmy Nichol should be asked to become caretaker untill the 1st of December, when he will be installed permanently, or replaced. A win win for both parties, Hibs can go through a selection process at their leisure, the job becomes Nichol's to lose. If he performs, the job is his, if he fails, he's out, and the new manager gets to assess the deadwood, before the transfer window opens.
GGTTH

West hamBERNIAN
28-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pullis

Poyet
Warnock
Burley
Houston
Levein

Poyet is the only name on that list of interest to me and we'd be of no interest to him. I'd like a good coach from a team that plays football properly and we can get back to playing football. A coach from Swansea who could implement there coaching routines with our young squad could be really good. Of coarse they would have to have aspirations to be a manager.

E10 Rifle
28-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Poyet is the only name on that list of interest to me and we'd be of no interest to him. I'd like a good coach from a team that plays football properly and we can get back to playing football. A coach from Swansea who could implement there coaching routines with our young squad could be really good. Of coarse they would have to have aspirations to be a manager.

Dean Smith from Walsall could be interesting...but would require a fee.

Teapot
28-07-2013, 12:19 PM

I agree. If we were to have a new manager I'd like it to be someone with modern ideas and a more european coaching style.

However i would imagine it would be hard to find someone who could successfully do that with our budget and the reputation of our league.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Thinking out loud, Danny Wilson ex Blades boss :dunno:

patch1875
28-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Steve Kean

No no no

Moon unit
28-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Thinking out loud, Danny Wilson ex Blades boss :dunno:

Top guy,good coach!..

hibee19
29-07-2013, 12:25 AM
I like the sounds of Collins or McLeish but I don't like the idea of moving backwards, we need to begin a whole new era for this club.

Signing a foreign manager is all well and good but regardless of nationality he needs to be up to the job. Calling for a foreign manager seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the Malmo game.

There's a certain type of man we need right now, first and foremost we need a bit of steel. We need a huge culture change, that doesn't mean saying the right things or little marketing campaigns but a real change in mentality.

My preference would be Jimmy Calderwood. He's proven in Scotland and his teams play some decent stuff. There's the Jimmy Nicoll connection too.

I'd be perfectly happy also with Kenny Shiels. I can't see him standing for these kind of performances and he's proven he can work with youngsters and I think we're going to have to look to our youngsters. I'd be pretty uninspired but I couldn't argue with Peter Houston either.

On the other hand there's the up-and-comers, notably Murray and Hartley. I couldn't care about Hartley being an ex-Jambo, if he succeeds he'll win over the fans.

majorhibs
29-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Nope but kicking people off the park isn't football. Unless you're hoping to emulate Uruguay circa 1986.

Having watched plenty south american fitba, particularly in the last 3 years, these guys know exactly how to kick people off the park. There is also plenty who want to be football players and play the beautiful game. At the risk of sounding like some of these ex pro Scottish players who think they have some sort of knowledge unbefitting of lesser individuals, I think it would be no bad thing if the team I supported had stronger, harder, more athletic & all round better players than the opposition in the league my team played in, with more skill & leading to better results than the teams around my team. And a manager to run this team so that success in Scotland was at least expected from all of our club. But everyones got an opinion here. From my playing days though I liked having in my team players in the mould of say John Blackley, Jackie Mac, Geebsie, skill & desire, but hey, teams like Uruguay etc, hard men in the opposition? Bring it on. Lets see who can kick hardest, but make sure if you try it its a good one cos if I'm still here in 5 minutes you wont like whats coming next.

hibee19
29-07-2013, 12:48 AM
For everyone suggesting Butcher, could I suggest we have a look at ICT's chief scout Steve Marsella instead.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 09:57 AM
I like the sounds of Collins or McLeish but I don't like the idea of moving backwards, we need to begin a whole new era for this club.

Signing a foreign manager is all well and good but regardless of nationality he needs to be up to the job. Calling for a foreign manager seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the Malmo game.

There's a certain type of man we need right now, first and foremost we need a bit of steel. We need a huge culture change, that doesn't mean saying the right things or little marketing campaigns but a real change in mentality.

My preference would be Jimmy Calderwood. He's proven in Scotland and his teams play some decent stuff. There's the Jimmy Nicoll connection too.

I'd be perfectly happy also with Kenny Shiels. I can't see him standing for these kind of performances and he's proven he can work with youngsters and I think we're going to have to look to our youngsters. I'd be pretty uninspired but I couldn't argue with Peter Houston either.

On the other hand there's the up-and-comers, notably Murray and Hartley. I couldn't care about Hartley being an ex-Jambo, if he succeeds he'll win over the fans.

I'd like a foreign manager and you might call it a knee jerk reaction, you might even be right? What i will say in my defence is, the names you throw up don't get my juices going, and the british/scottish way is not working now.

Under this current way of coaching we have gone so far back, we are miles away from competing in Europe, even at the lowest end of the game.

They could get us doing well in the SPFL, although i have my doubts. I think a complete new way of thinking is the way forward, but i don't just want any old foreigner, due diligence would need to be done when recruiting the new man.

A man who knows the foreign market, someone bright and young brought up in playing the game the proper way.

Someone more likely to bring in more professional players than we currently see coming through in Scotland. Players stronger bigger and technically superior to anything i see at this moment in time.

Where my thoughts fall down is, Look who would be appointing this new manager, and could we afford it?

On the first point i'd have no confidence in him getting it right, and on the 2nd point i don't know the cost and could we do it on our budget?

southsider
29-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I just want PF to GTF. Bring in anew guy with contacts downn south and bring in players from lowers leagues with control and PACE. Saw games on TV and lots of guys looking for clubs. I would also sign Andy Webster who has not yet signed for Killie.

bigwheel
29-07-2013, 10:24 AM
When you look at the managers that are setting new standards now, they are a new bread. They work deeply with sports science as well as football coaching. Their regimes have modern training, deep interval based fitness regimes, high focus on nutrition and recovery. They also use new thinking in the technical side of the game introduce new formations based around possession and deep awareness in their players of what to do in the game. They literally have learned behaviour that the know where to be and what to do.

Im talking about the Mourinho, AVB, Guardiola, Wenger, Martinez, Klopp, Bento. The reason Ferguson lasted so long was that he was incredibly open to learning and changed his approach notable over his 30 years as a boss. He brought in people around him who brought in new approaches.

There are a new bread emerging again. Martinez, Olli Solskjaer

Now we can obviously not get any of these guys, but when Fenlon goes, we should replace with someone who has these new methods and beliefs . Joh Collins did, unfortunately it would appear his man management skills didn't match his coaching philosophies. Great leaders need both technical capability and highly developed people skills. Mowbray was the nearest we had.

I've no desire to see us heading back the way Collins, Mcleish et al have moved on. So should we. Equally though, I've don't believe we should go for a Scottish "football man" e.g. Jimmy Calderwood. These are people versed in the past. We should be scouting to find the next Mourinho, AVB before the get their big break. Let us be their first success story.

So I'm not advocating for a foreign coach, I arguing for the right coach. Irrespective of where they come from. One that brings with them modern, and now proven ways, of maximising performance in players and teams.

These guys are starting to be well known in the game.

Paul Clements - english ex PE teacher, has now worked with Ancelotti at Chelsea, PSG and now in the first team coaching set up at Real Madrid.

Ian Cathro - youngest ever Scottish academy coach in Scotland - with Levein at United at the age of 22. He is now assistant at Rio Avenue in Portugal. He moved as he couldn't see Scottish teams being open minded enough to let him develop his career.

Ross Wilson - Head of Football at Huddersfield Town

Dan Ashworth - He is now head of Elite football development at the FA - obviously we cant hire him, too expensive, but let's go and speak to him and get his view of who the next AVB, Mourinho's etc are...They will know them..

It takes real vision and guts at the top of a football club to do something different and against common opinion. Such as Arsenal did when the brought in Wenger. Remember the headlines - "Arsene Who". The same reaction that most us gave when Mowbray arrived. We need new vision and a new philosophy. Perhaps one that this message board will rebel against at first. I don't see the way forward in a name that we recognise, it should be one of the new bread, who bring a new approach the game, and help us reach standards that for now seem unattainable.

I'd love to think our current board are capable of such imagination. I'm not hopeful though.

YehButNoBut
29-07-2013, 10:44 AM
When you look at the managers that are setting new standards now, they are a new bread. They work deeply with sports science as well as football coaching. Their regimes have modern training, deep interval based fitness regimes, high focus on nutrition and recovery. They also use new thinking in the technical side of the game introduce new formations based around possession and deep awareness in their players of what to do in the game. They literally have learned behaviour that the know where to be and what to do.

Im talking about the Mourinho, AVB, Guardiola, Wenger, Martinez, Klopp, Bento. The reason Ferguson lasted so long was that he was incredibly open to learning and changed his approach notable over his 30 years as a boss. He brought in people around him who brought in new approaches.

Now we can obviously not get any of these guys, but when Fenlon goes, we should replace with someone who has these new methods and beliefs . Joh Collins did, unfortunately it would appear his man management skills didn't match his coaching philosophies. Great leaders need both technical capability and highly developed people skills. Mowbray was the nearest we had.

I've no desire to see us heading back the way Collins, Mcleish et al have moved on. So should we. Equally though, I've don't believe we should go for a Scottish "football man" e.g. Jimmy Calderwood. These are people versed in the past. We should be scouting to find the next Mourinho, AVB before the get their big break. Let us be their first success story.

So I'm not advocating for a foreign coach, I arguing for the right coach. Irrespective of where they come from. One that brings with them modern, and now proven ways, of maximising performance in players and teams.

Paul Clements - english ex PE teacher, has now worked with Ancelotti at Chelsea, PSG and now in the first team coaching set up at Real Madrid.

Ian Cathro - youngest ever Scottish academy coach in Scotland - with Levein at United at the age of 22. He is now assistant at Rio Avenue in Portugal. He moved as he couldn't see Scottish teams being open minded enough to let him develop his career.

Dan Ashworth - He is now head of Elite football development at the FA - obviously we cant hire him, too expensive, but let's go and speak to him and get his view of who the next AVB, Mourinho's etc are...They will know them..

It takes real vision and guts at the top of a football club to do something different and against common opinion. Such as Arsenal did when the brought in Wenger. Remember the headlines - "Arsene Who". The same reaction that most us gave when Mowbray arrived. We need new vision and a new philosophy. Perhaps one that this message board will rebel against at first. I don't see the way forward in a name that we recognise, it should be one of the new bread, who bring a new approach the game, and help us reach standards that for now seem unattainable.

I'd love to think our current board are capable of such imagination. I'm not hopeful though.

Great post, hopefully Rod reads the bit in bold and acts on it, have my doubts though.

Ricky Bobby
29-07-2013, 10:56 AM
For me the next manager is an obvious choice. Alex Mcleish
Doing nothing at the moment so no compensation payments to clubs, He knows the clubs set up,has worked with Petrie before and had a very good signing record not to mention a win rate of 47% with us.
We just need to get over this 'he left to go to rankgers'mentality.
Now is the time to be bold, get it done Petrie.

allezsauzee
29-07-2013, 11:26 AM
For me the next manager is an obvious choice. Alex Mcleish
Doing nothing at the moment so no compensation payments to clubs, He knows the clubs set up,has worked with Petrie before and had a very good signing record not to mention a win rate of 47% with us.
We just need to get over this 'he left to go to rankgers'mentality.
Now is the time to be bold, get it done Petrie.

the ultimate chequebook manager. every club he has left has had a bloated wage bill which somebody else has had to sort out

Ricky Bobby
29-07-2013, 12:03 PM
the ultimate chequebook manager. every club he has left has had a bloated wage bill which somebody else has had to sort out

We have had a very long line of managers since Mcleish who have thrown good money after bad on staff and players who quite frankly have not been good enough.
At least with the money he spent we had a product on the park that was watchable.
Would that debacle the other night have happened under him? No chance.
I am quite confident that Petrie would keep a check on spending whoever we had in charge.

lucky
29-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Excellent post and worthy of more debate. Scottish football is dying and the people who run the game can't see it. If Hibs appointed any of the men mentioned above this board would explode. But surely its worth considering doing something completely different. Hope Powell anyone? It would certainly get Hibs lots of coverage, might even pick up more sponsorship.

YehButNoBut
29-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Excellent post and worthy of more debate. Scottish football is dying and the people who run the game can't see it. If Hibs appointed any of the men mentioned above this board would explode. But surely its worth considering doing something completely different. Hope Powell anyone? It would certainly get Hibs lots of coverage, might even pick up more sponsorship.

Now that would be different, in some ways would love to see how that would work out.

bigwheel
29-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Lucky, Man - I would take the week off work just to savour the carnage on here if that happened! :) It would blow up the server for sure! haha

sahib
29-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Lucky, Man - I would take the week off work just to savour the carnage on here if that happened! :) It would blow up the server for sure! haha

Never heard of him but he looks a bit girly.

Hibby_G
29-07-2013, 02:54 PM
i probally would of picked david moyes but now he is at man u
ill pick QPR manager