PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda 0 - 0 Malmo (Drogheda down to ten men)

RIP
26-07-2013, 06:50 AM
http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/10618/

Even though Malmo won in Sweden we should defeat them fairly easily at Easter Road if they can't beat a tiny Airtricity team with a man advantage

Quote from me to my sons before the flight to Copenhagen last Monday

Of course the tiny Airtricity team didn't have the mighty Pat Fenlon in charge

lucky
26-07-2013, 06:56 AM
http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/10618/

Even though Malmo won in Sweden we should defeat them fairly easily at Easter Road if they can't beat a tiny Airtricity team with a man advantage

Quote from me to my sons before the flight to Copenhagen last Monday

Of course the tiny Airtricity team didn't have the mighty Pat Fenlon in charge

Pointless post no two games are ever the same. Hibs were terrible last night. Our fitness was poor. But I still think we would beat Drogs week in week out

RIP
26-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Pointless post no two games are ever the same. Hibs were terrible last night. Our fitness was poor. But I still think we would beat Drogs week in week out

Did you think I was comparing Hibs to Drogs?

I wasn't

I was comparing Malmo to Drogs

Based on that showing last night Hibs could have been 0-3 down to Drogheda by half-time

Which for a team who were nearly 0-4 down to Falkirk at Hampden in April would have only been possible under Pat Fenlon

Draws against Dumbarton and Raith were the early warning signs for the season ahead

Treadstone
26-07-2013, 07:22 AM
But I still think we would beat Drogs week in week out

:faf:

Beefster
26-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Apparently Drogheda have started their season. This negates the fact that they are part-time, play in Ireland and are 8th in the table, I've been informed.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Did you think I was comparing Hibs to Drogs?

I wasn't

I was comparing Malmo to Drogs

Based on that showing last night Hibs could have been 0-3 down to Drogheda by half-time

Which for a team who were nearly 0-4 down to Falkirk at Hampden in April would have only been possible under Pat Fenlon

Draws against Dumbarton and Raith were the early warning signs for the season ahead

You can't take anything from pre season games Gogs, merely about fitness levels.......However worrying displays home and away in Europe, created maybe 4 or 5 chances over two legs, and conceded 9, which could have been even heavier if truth be told...