PDA

View Full Version : The very probably, very short positives thread

EuanH78
26-07-2013, 06:34 AM
The only positive that I can think of is that we seem to be able to keep getting into positions where a large crowd turn out for us.

Admittedly, it would be a hell of a lot better if we were able to begin rewarding those that turn up instead of getting humped but, for as long as I have supported Hibs, these days have been few and far between, I like that they are becoming more regular for us and its good for Hibs too, despite the results.

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.”
― Edison

Or something like that. Best I can come up with, anyone else?
(http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3091287.Thomas_A_Edison)

steakbake
26-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Can't think of anything. After the 1-5 cup final, it seemed the club was drawing a line in the sand. 0-7 at home is simply unacceptable after that.

The club has to act decisively and that should include a statement to the fans about how things are going to go from here. No more empty marketing-based promises of showing bottle. It's time for the club directors to walk the walk and to stop accepting failure.

IF they act decisively, then perhaps that is a positive. However, I won't hold my breath.

Spike Mandela
26-07-2013, 06:48 AM
The only positive that I can think of is that we seem to be able to keep getting into positions where a large crowd turn out for us.

Admittedly, it would be a hell of a lot better if we were able to begin rewarding those that turn up instead of getting humped but, for as long as I have supported Hibs, these days have been few and far between, I like that they are becoming more regular for us and its good for Hibs too, despite the results.

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.”
― Edison

Or something like that. Best I can come up with, anyone else?
(http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3091287.Thomas_A_Edison)

The size of crowd WAS a positive. Everything else was a negative.

Notahappyhibee
26-07-2013, 06:48 AM
We have young squad hopefully they will be able to step up, last night should be a wake up call for all the players and a realisation that they long way to go before they become a TEAM.
How many times has the defence been easily bypassed over the last few years. If Fenlon stays he must change the defence.
GGTTH

IWasThere2016
26-07-2013, 06:56 AM
I thought Handling and Mullen did well too.

LongshanksED
26-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Mullen looked decent going forward and could put in a cross and decent free kick

Vine was getting the ball a lot but unfortunately Malmo defenders were too good for him. Hopefully SPFL defenders aren't

Beefster
26-07-2013, 06:57 AM
I always try a pie at the first game of the season (before being appalled and giving up again for the season). Last night, the pie was hot.

Highlight of the night.

lucky
26-07-2013, 06:58 AM
It was a decent crowd but still not a sell out. On this evidence we won't see one for a long time

IWasThere2016
26-07-2013, 07:06 AM
It was a decent crowd but still not a sell out. On this evidence we won't see one for a long time

The capacity didn't need increasing .. And I doubt it will ever sell-out without glamour opposition - the Jambos need not apply :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
26-07-2013, 07:07 AM
I don't think the goal difference is accounted for when they calculate the coefficient.

Bostonhibby
26-07-2013, 07:27 AM
The fans really were great again, both in terms of the number who turned out and those who stayed. Hibs TVxtra worked perfectly even after I swore at it.
That's it, over and out, embarassed at result and ashamed of the performance.

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2013, 07:32 AM
positive, ah wisnae there.

Hibbyradge
26-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Kevin Thompson's a player.

clerriehibs
26-07-2013, 07:34 AM
The bench looked good (before the players came out).

Coco Bryce
26-07-2013, 07:39 AM

He's morphed into Barry Ferguson. Every pass last night was sideways.

At fault for the 2nd goal also.

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2013, 07:40 AM
FWIW, I think Malmo will beat swansea.

Beefster
26-07-2013, 07:40 AM
FWIW, I think Malmo will beat swansea.

Not a chance.

brian6-2
26-07-2013, 07:41 AM

aye, a bingo player. he's probably murder at that tae.

Newry Hibs
26-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I don't think the goal difference is accounted for when they calculate the coefficient.

Does our coefficient go up as we actually played in Europe? So we may get an easier team next season ..........

Treadstone
26-07-2013, 07:42 AM
15pts ahead of the Yams.

Eternal Hibbie
26-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Won't play Malmo again this season.

D7 Bohs
26-07-2013, 08:23 AM
You might want to think about your sig, Hibbyradge?

Fenlon's low point as Bohs manager was going out 4-0 to TNS in the CL. Aside from one great result with Shels (beating Hadjuk Split) his euro record through a decade wasn't great.