PDA

View Full Version : What team changes would you make?

Humo
26-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Well after all that "performance" my team for Motherwell would have to be

-------------------------Williams-------------------------

Mullen ------ Forster ------- New CH ----------- McGivern If not new CH then McGivern ------- Stevenson

Harris -------- Thomson --------- Craig --------- New Winger If now new winger then just play Stanton or Cairney or even Todd the Lm from the Under 20's would do

---------------- Collins ------ New Striker ---------------------- **** me I don't know what to do if we don't get a good striker

That is the only team that stands a chance in the SPL

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Probably something like this:

Williams

Mullen
Forster
Hanlon or OTJ?
McGivern

Harris
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Vine
Collins

I know he is originally a defensive mid, but can OTJ play CB? Sure he has filled in at CB a few times for his previous clubs :dunno:

Humo
26-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Probably something like this:

Williams

Mullen
Forster
McGivern/Clancy
Stevenson

Harris
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Vine
Collins

I just threw up a little.
I'm now starting to seriously worry about the derby

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2013, 02:56 AM

Why did ye throw up?

ChooseLife
26-07-2013, 03:08 AM
How many times do you guys think we'll revamp the team while keeping Hanlon and Stevenson and still not understand what the problem is?

Pete
26-07-2013, 03:13 AM

Worry?

This whole "worrying about the derby" syndrome has been brought on by a few years of them being a good team and lots of years of financial doping.

I've seen enough tonight to know we have nothing to worry about from them. A draw at least and at best a thrashing Tahiti/Malmo style!

:flag:

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 03:23 AM
,..........................Williams............... ........

Clancy.......New CB......Forster.........McGivern

..........................Thomson................. .....

..............Robertson..............Taiwo........ ..

....Harris........................................ ..Craig

........................Collins..................

ChooseLife
26-07-2013, 03:26 AM

:agree:

Hibeesmad
26-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Williams

Mullen
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Thomson
OTJ
Craig

Collins
Vine

Subs:

Murdoch
McPake
Stevenson
Taiwo
Cairney
Handling
Caldwell

Centre Hawf
26-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Why won't the world see that Liam Craig isn't a winger? We've signed a goal scoring midfielder, so play him in a position where he can score goals for christ sake.

KWJ
26-07-2013, 04:50 AM
-------------Williams-------------

Mullen--Forster--Hanlon--McGivern

---Taiwo-Robertson-Thomson-------

---------Vine--Craig-------------

------------Collins--------------

Forster & Hanlon were solid for the bottom 6 games and beaten by good play in the cup final.

My main worry is width as I don't know much about Mullen bombing forward. And my other fear is that our wages have all gone to centre mids that we can't play like Robertson & OTJ. I like Claros but he's the last thing we need the now.

Harris, Handling, Caldwell, Robertson & Cairney as options if we're struggling.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 04:53 AM
-------------Williams-------------

Mullen--Forster--Hanlon--McGivern

------Taiwo-Craig-Thomson-------

-------------Vine---------------

------------Collins--------------

Forster & Hanlon were solid for the bottom 6 games and beaten by good play in the cup final.

My main worry is width as I don't know much about Mullen bombing forward. And my other fear is that our wages have all gone to centre mids that we can't play like Robertson & OTJ. I like Claros but he's the last thing we need the now.

Harris, Handling, Caldwell, Robertson & Cairney as options if we're struggling.

I reckon we are bad enough without resorting to only playing 10 players.

KWJ
26-07-2013, 05:13 AM

haha, 2nd time I've done that.

Gmack7
26-07-2013, 05:25 AM

Might be worth a try

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2013, 05:38 AM
How many times do you guys think we'll revamp the team while keeping Hanlon and Stevenson and still not understand what the problem is?

This....

PapillonVert
26-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Might be worth a try

:agree:

And some people on here think we are going to go to Tynie and score a barrowload!

If HMFC survive, we could be keeping them close company anchored at the bottom of the table.

Why have we had universally and uniformly poor players for over a decade now? ICT, Ross County, St. J. can't be paying more than us and yet they seem to be able to put a team on the park.

What would you call our lot? We have had to put up with some dross in the past but this lot are truly the pits.

I don't usually call for a manager's resignation but I think PF's time is up. On the other hand, no matter who the Club brings in, the unalterable fact is that the players just aren't good enough. I am at a loss to understand where everything is going wrong.

scottish_sleepy
26-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Why don't people see that Harris is 10 times more effective on the left?
That and we still have nobody in the middle of the park that can see never mind play a forward pass.
Is East Mains full of rugby coaches?

Brightside
26-07-2013, 07:35 AM

Mullen Forster Hanlon McGovern
Thomson OTJ
Harris Craig Vine
Collins

Vine and Harris sharing both sides

That team is capable of beating most teams in the SPL

KuqiKuqiCoo
26-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Williams
New Rb Forster New Cb McGivern
Harris Thompson Craig New left winger
Collins Vine

PeeJay
26-07-2013, 07:59 AM

Thomson OTJ
Harris Craig Vine
Collins

What - even, without a goalie?:greengrin

Allant1981
26-07-2013, 08:48 AM

Thomson OTJ
Harris Craig Vine
Collins

Sorry but vine is no where near quick enough to play out wide, he seems like a guy who needs someone playing off him and a couple of wingers putting crosses into the box for him

Heisenberg
26-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Williams

Mullen
Mcgivern
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Taiwo/Thomson
OTJ
Vine

Collins

Scooter
26-07-2013, 09:01 AM
we need a few signings a winger and center half and another striker. also Foster is out of motherwell with a suspension.

so i would like this

.................................................. ..........................williams................ .................................................. .................................................. ........Mullen.................................... ...Hanlon........................................M cgivern........................................... ...................................Stevenson...... .................................................. .......................Thomson.................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...Robertson.............................Craig.... .................................................. ................................................Ha rris.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................Vine......... .................................................. ......................Collins..................... .................................................. .................................................

subs

murdoch
tiawo (sp?)
OTJ
caldwell
Handling
Stanton
clancy (if fit)

Brightside
26-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Sorry but vine is no where near quick enough to play out wide, he seems like a guy who needs someone playing off him and a couple of wingers putting crosses into the box for him

Yeh im not sure about Vine... I know he's far to slow to be an out and out striker. I do wonder why we keep signing really slow players.

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Stevenson

Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson

Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson

Stevenson
Kuqi

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Thomson OTJ
Harris Craig Vine
Collins

capable is one thing, being hibs is another.

rcarter1
26-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Williams

Pacy LB Hanlon Forster Pacy RB

Harris Thommo Craig Pacy RM

Vine Collins

We do not have the players to put pace all over the team, and Im not sure its required anyway. Got to have pace on left and right as much as we can. In the short term have time trials for all squad members (including our young lads), fastest bods go left or right as most appropriate.

Meantime if there is a penny left in the pot, our only focus should be to acquire players that bring pace to the side.

Forget Malmo, they are well out of our league.

Lets see how we do against the SPL...

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Stevenson

Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson

Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson
Stevenson

Stevenson
Kuqi

i was agreeing with that team, until i noticed something just wasn't quite right

stevenson is far too short to be a keeper

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 09:12 AM
i was agreeing with that team, until i noticed something just wasn't quite right

stevenson is far too short to be a keeper

Andy McNeil in goals then!

lucky
26-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Interestingly most have given up on OTJ and Vine yet neither have played a league game. FFS let's give them s chance to settle in before we fling them on scrap heap

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Interestingly most have given up on OTJ and Vine yet neither have played a league game. FFS let's give them s chance to settle in before we fling them on scrap heap

I think vine looked OK, he looks like he can hold the ball up, get on the end of a header and he at least had the ball in the net even if it was offside.

OTJ looked decent last year, wouldn't rule him out at all.

I just hope the players can put that drubbing behind them and move on, it'll be hard for the fans but if the players linger on that pumping we are doomed.

Heedersnvolleys
26-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Why won't the world see that Liam Craig isn't a winger? We've signed a goal scoring midfielder, so play him in a position where he can score goals for christ sake.

Exactly we done the same with Cairney last year, I think that is another reason why I have no faith in PF, once can be excused but twice is inexcusable!

Bad Habits
26-07-2013, 11:52 AM
1. Sign a goal threat - obviously if james Collins has signed then this is slightly irrelevant, but the point still stands. At the moment we have very little in terms of dangerous players

2. Work around the best players we have - I personally think that once Liam Craig and Rowan Vine are afforded the time to blend into and work with the rest of the squad, they will be very important. Liam Craig was one of the more important players on the team sheet for a squad that has finished well above us in the last few seasons and Vine is obviously out of match practice (he's not really played a full season for a long time before last year). Taiwo again is getting better and better and IMO by the end of the season were going to see flashes of why Chelsea payed £2.5m for him as a youngster (one of the few player to get pass marks last night)

3. Take pressure of the young guys - they should be able to slot into a team where they can be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them, because at the moment they are carrying the hopes of the team and are scared to experiment because it can easily cost us a goal, signing some experienced players would hopefully solve this

4. Play players in there preferred positions - I understand that this is because we have a relatively small squad but Lewis Stevenson should be nowhere near right back, he should either be LB or CM those are his best positions and although I like him we have better so he should only be used for cover

any thoughts?

rennie_hfc
26-07-2013, 12:06 PM
1. Sign a goal threat - obviously if james Collins has signed then this is slightly irrelevant, but the point still stands. At the moment we have very little in terms of dangerous players

2. Work around the best players we have - I personally think that once Liam Craig and Rowan Vine are afforded the time to blend into and work with the rest of the squad, they will be very important. Liam Craig was one of the more important players on the team sheet for a squad that has finished well above us in the last few seasons and Vine is obviously out of match practice (he's not really played a full season for a long time before last year). Taiwo again is getting better and better and IMO by the end of the season were going to see flashes of why Chelsea payed £2.5m for him as a youngster (one of the few player to get pass marks last night)

3. Take pressure of the young guys - they should be able to slot into a team where they can be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them, because at the moment they are carrying the hopes of the team and are scared to experiment because it can easily cost us a goal, signing some experienced players would hopefully solve this

4. Play players in there preferred positions - I understand that this is because we have a relatively small squad but Lewis Stevenson should be nowhere near right back, he should either be LB or CM those are his best positions and although I like him we have better so he should only be used for cover

any thoughts?

I agree with your 3rd point, and it doesn't just apply to the young players, I think the biggest issue is there is no confidence on the ball. Everyone seems scared to do anything that might put them at fault for a goal. McPake is the biggest culprit and has absolutely no composure, if your captain is playing in this way then we have no chance.

Mowbray and to a lesser extent Collins allowed the players to take risks, take people on and pass the ball about at the back. I don't understand the mentality of having to get rid of the ball as soon as we get it at the back. I remember watching Shelton Martis (who was terrible but that's not the point) and Rob Jones passing it around at the back, the ball was never punted long, then Thomson or boozy or whoever was playing deep in the midfield would collect it and start a passing attacking move. That doesn't happen anymore, and I'm assuming it's because Fenlon and the coaches don't teach them in that way.

Father Ted
26-07-2013, 12:15 PM
For too long now we have played players out of position on a regular basis. It's unacceptable get the players playing where the play best & are strongest and stop shuffling them about trying to make a square peg fit round hole. Rant over

Speedway
26-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Personally, I would go:

Williams

Mullen
Forster
OTJ
McGivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson
Harris

Collins
Vine

Phil D. Rolls
26-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Down with this sort of thing.

Hibstrooper
26-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Down with this sort of thing.

Careful now

Andy74
26-07-2013, 12:45 PM
For too long now we have played players out of position on a regular basis. It's unacceptable get the players playing where the play best & are strongest and stop shuffling them about trying to make a square peg fit round hole. Rant over

What about when you don't have any fit players to play in a certain position?

The_Exile
26-07-2013, 12:49 PM
What about when you don't have any fit players to play in a certain position?

Fence that part of the pitch off :agree:

FWIW, we are a good CB away from a very good spine of a team, our weakness is the wings (zero creativity or flair) and full backs (zero defensive capabilities or indeed even a some idea how to play the position), every single team worth their salt will deploy pace on the wings and decimate us.

Unseen work
26-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Williams
Mullen. Forster. Hanlon. Mcgivern

Taiwo. Thomson

Harris. Craig. Vine

Collins

Murdoch
Mcpake
Stevenson
Handling
Caldwell
Robertson
Tudor jones

scoopyboy
26-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure if folk are posting teams for the Motherwell game or not (I suspect some are and others are posting what they regard as their best team).

However Jordon Forster and Rowan Vine are both suspended for the Motherwell game.

adhibs
26-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Williams
Mullen. Forster. Hanlon. Mcgivern

Taiwo. Thomson

Harris. Craig. Vine

Collins

Murdoch
Mcpake
Stevenson
Handling
Caldwell
Robertson
Tudor jones

I was thinking about that team myself earlier, think it mightve done alright.

Unfortunately its just been mentiond below about the suspensions

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2013, 02:16 PM

:agree: Pathetic really, new guys at the club already being slagged off before the season has begun in the League. What about Collins he must have done something wrong last night too surely.

Andy74
26-07-2013, 02:21 PM
If we are talking full team just now:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Vine
Collins

Subs:

Murdoch
Foster
Mullen
OTJ
Robertson
Caldwell
Handling

Still to add:

Cairney
Stevenson
Stanton

etc.

I don't think that's a bad position, pity only one of the back four is fit.

Unseen work
26-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I was thinking about that team myself earlier, think it mightve done alright.

Unfortunately its just been mentiond below about the suspensions

Yeah personally think that's the strongest team on paper, think it got the right balance of defence and attack about it an most players are comfortable on the ball

MB62
26-07-2013, 02:46 PM
WILLIAMS

TAIWO FOSTER HANLON STEVENSON/McGIVERN

HARRIS OTJ CRAIG ROBERTSON

VINE
COLLINS

Wide left is my problem and just threw Robertson in there, maybe even swap sides with Harris. Stevenson can't play right back and Mullins is not fit enough and thought Taiwo might just do a job there, can't be any worse than Lewis. Katie is a waste of space IMO, and a waste of a good wage and Craig really needs to be playing in the middle of midfield. TBH, the whole defense is more than a bit dodgy and why we never pushed the boat out to sign McManus I really don't know, it's a position we desperately need filled. Vine said he preferred to play off a main striker so that's his role now to try.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2013, 05:15 PM
My teams vs Well

Williams

Mullen
OTJ
Hanlon/Clancy
McGivern

Taiwo
Thomson

Harris
Robertson
Craig

Collins

Vine & Forster suspended.

IberianHibernian
26-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Would be considering a change in goals but doubt Pat or any new manager would risk change so soon . Was impressed by Murdoch against Gibraltar and if he`s not considered good enough to step in we should be looking for another goalie to provide real competition for Williams . Don`t think Caldwell and Handling are anywhere near ready for starting team . If fully fit , Clancy and McGivern in defence and hopefully we`ll sign a couple more players soon .

Cocaine&Caviar
26-07-2013, 05:33 PM
IMO Fenlon sees the squad as:

Williams, Murdoch

Clancy, Mullen
McPake, Forster
Hanlon, Donaldson
McGivern, Stevenson

Harris, Robertson
Taiwo, OTJ
Thomson, Robertson
Craig, Cairney, Stanton***

Vine, Handling
Collins, Caldwell

And with his stubbornness, I think another CB is the best we can realistically hope for.

Danielyma6
26-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Sign a decent defence or decent backup since mcpake and Clancy are always out . When was the last time Clancy played ?

Aldo
26-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Vine and Handling were totally isolated last nite however no excuses ... Win as a team lose as a team.

I will say this I saw enough of Vine to see he will be an asset to the team.

Fwiw I would also go out and try and sign Webster. International experienced SPL defender. Him alongside either Hanlon or Forster would do me.

Heisenberg
26-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd sign a defender or two and a wide player with pace. I'd then play Craig in the middle. Harris on the left.

Heisenberg for manager! Plenty experience of managing people and could teach the team how to distribute the ball effectively. Jesse as assistant obvs.

Franck Stanton
26-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Vine and Handling were totally isolated last nite however no excuses ... Win as a team lose as a team.

I will say this I saw enough of Vine to see he will be an asset to the team.

Fwiw I would also go out and try and sign Webster. International experienced SPL defender. Him alongside either Hanlon or Forster would do me.

Agree 100% with bit in bold. Alright, his best days are behind him, he chose them instead of us, [well the bigger wages anyway], but, he is just the type of c/h we need just now and is more than capable of handling life in the SPL. Team him with Forster and get rid of McPake and Hanlon. [Clancy can go as well for all the good he's done since signing, worn out our physio's table].

LongshanksED
26-07-2013, 07:23 PM
GK Williams

LB Mullen
CH Forster
CH ? (Not McPake)
RB McGivern

DM Thomson

LW Harris
MC Tudor Jones
RW Stevenson

AMC/Support striker Craig

FW Collins/Vine

Or play Collins & Vine as 2 strikers, & Thomson instead of OTJ

calumb
26-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Looking at these lineups it depressing to see that we are about to head into the season with only Harris that gives the team genuine width and pace, to me its where Fenlon has really blown it as he has signed a load of guys to play centre mid and i have no idea where he expects to play them all its mental

Unseen work
26-07-2013, 08:27 PM
GK Williams

LB Mullen
CH Forster
CH ? (Not McPake)
RB McGivern

DM Thomson

LW Harris
MC Tudor Jones
RW Stevenson

AMC/Support striker Craig

FW Collins/Vine

Or play Collins & Vine as 2 strikers, & Thomson instead of OTJ

Stevenson right wing?!?!? And people say Fenlon is clueless

snooky
26-07-2013, 08:33 PM
What team changes would you make?

Easy peasy - support Raith Rovers :wink:

LongshanksED
26-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Only reason l'd put Stevenson on RW is that hes better there than at LB

Judging by Mullens performance, I wouldn't mind seeing him trying a RW role

MyJo
26-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Assuming McPake and Clancy are still injured and Forster is suspended i'd go for this against Motherwell.

__________________Williams

Mullen_______Jones________Hanlon______McGivern

_____________Taiwo_____Thomson

_____Handling_______Craig___________Harris

___________________Vine (or Collins if signed)

Craig pushing forward from midfield to support the striker with Mullen/Handling and McGivern/Harris giving us width and overlapping down the wings.

Im expecting something more like this from Fenlon though:

woody0-7
27-07-2013, 02:00 AM
I don't think we are that far away from a decent side if we can get a new centre half and one more attack minded player , we have good like for like players for their own positions
GK Williams

Rb mullin
Ch new
Ch hanlon
Lb mcgivern

DM Thomson/ jones
DM taiwo

Am vine
Am Craig / Robertson
Am Harris

Cf Collins

calumb
27-07-2013, 03:30 AM
I don't think we are that far away from a decent side if we can get a new centre half and one more attack minded player , we have good like for like players for their own positions
GK Williams

Rb mullin
Ch new
Ch hanlon
Lb mcgivern

DM Thomson/ jones
DM taiwo

Am vine
Am Craig / Robertson
Am Harris

Cf Collins

Aye we probably need another wide left/right midfielder (depending on which side you want to play Harris) but one more CH aint going to shore up that defense and thats giving Mullen the benefit of doubt that he can actually defend as Hanlon and McGivern are a couple of ball watchers that will always lose us a fair share of goals

Stringer
27-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Craig has to play CAM. I wish we had Spoony aswell he would have been brilliant at number 10.

neil7908
27-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Williams

Vine Collins

We do not have the players to put pace all over the team, and Im not sure its required anyway. Got to have pace on left and right as much as we can. In the short term have time trials for all squad members (including our young lads), fastest bods go left or right as most appropriate.

Meantime if there is a penny left in the pot, our only focus should be to acquire players that bring pace to the side.

Forget Malmo, they are well out of our league.

Agree completely (although I'd still maybe like to see another striker added as I always hoped Vine wasn't going to be one of our main front 2 going into the new season).

Pace is sorely lacking and its amazing how much damage it can do - it was frightening how much quicker they were than us. From that the team that started, apart from Harris there was literally not one player who I think has the ability to go past a player or even put the fear into a defender by running at them.

Craig will get goals for us if utilised correctly - this sadly means that one of Thomson or Taiwo have to go. Both are excellent at what they do but get nosebleeds in the final 3rd of the pitch when we are attacking.

500miles
27-07-2013, 10:53 AM
...................Williams
.Mullen..Hanlon.........McGivern...Stevenson
................OTJ...Taiwo
....Harris........Robertson........Craig
......................Collins

danhibees1875
27-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Williams

Vine Collins

Forget Malo, they are well out of our league.

So we're signing 3 players and playing them all on the wrong wing? :greengrin

Stevo1875
27-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Dunno who, but I would imagine some players will come in on loan... I will be pretty disappointed if that is the case. Goalkeeper aside, THe only signs of real progress last season were from players we loaned in... Claros and griffiths. I doubt we will be as fortunate with loans this year.

And Harris tbf

Humo
27-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I think I would rather we played more attacking football and so would rather we went with

GK Williams

RB Mullen
CB New
CB Forster
LB Mcgivern

DM Thomson
DM Taoi

LAM Harris
CAM Craig
RAM Handling/Vine/ New

CF Collins

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2013, 05:41 PM
GK Williams

RB Mullen/Clancy
CB Forster/OTJ?
CB Hanlon/Clancy or New
LB McGivern/Stevenson

DM Thomson
DM Taiwo/OTJ

RAM Robertson/Handling/new?
CAM Craig/Cairney/Robertson
LAM Harris/Carirney/Craig

ST Collins/Vine/Caldwell or Handling

hibee19
27-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't think we've ever gone into a season with such little hope before.

I'd start against Motherwell with something like

Williams

Mullen Donaldson Forster McGivern

Stanton OTJ Craig Harris

Handling

Collins

Nothing to lose so might as well chuck a couple guys in there, unless we bring in another player or two.

Leith Green
27-07-2013, 06:08 PM

This but with craig in robertsons position and vine in craigs..

AlbertK86
27-07-2013, 08:10 PM
When everybody fit

Williams

Clancy
Forster
New CB/McGivern
New LB/McGivern

Thomson

New RW
Taiwo
Craig
Harris

Collins

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Those picking McGivern better pick a replacement, he's injured.

theonlywayisup
27-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Those picking McGivern better pick a replacement, he's injured.

And let's be honest, he was pretty poor fo the latter part of last season.

hibee19
27-07-2013, 08:56 PM
And let's be honest, he was pretty poor fo the latter part of last season.

Do we really have anyone better than him at LB though?

hibsbollah
27-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Im looking forward to the start of the league season next week, strangely. Liam Craig and TJ giving us something different in midfield and hopefully our new striker up front with Vine. A patched up defence could be a disaster but on the other hand it could give some new players a chance, like Forster got at the end of last season.

Players with a point to prove.

The_Horde
28-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Murdoch

Mullen Forster/New CH Hanlon McGivern/stevenson

Taiwo Craig Thomson

Vine Collins Harris

HibeeBigFly
28-07-2013, 04:09 AM
I would punt the following; Fenlon, Craig, Tudor Jones, McPake and Taiwo (probably harsh)

Williams

Mullen
Forster
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
New player (Scougall from livi or Carmichael from qos)

Handling
Caldwell

shamo9
28-07-2013, 04:27 AM
I would punt the following; Fenlon, Craig, Tudor Jones, McPake and Taiwo (probably harsh)

:shocked: Am I really reading this? Madness! They've been here all of five minutes and haven't even played a league match. Give them a chance jeez.

Allant1981
28-07-2013, 08:09 AM
:shocked: Am I really reading this? Madness! They've been here all of five minutes and haven't even played a league match. Give them a chance jeez.

Serious over reaction from some people, thursday night was a truly terrible result but to want players away who have played 1 or 2 games against a much better side is just crazy

GreenOnions
28-07-2013, 08:42 AM

I like the look of this line-up PB. I also can't really understand the wholesale criticism of our players' level of ability. All are either proven at SPFL level (for teams who have finished above us recently) or higher or are our own young players who have shown themselves to be worthy of a starting place. Pat needs to add two players in critical positions and to get the team organised.

I'd make a couple of changes tho: I like the idea of Harris on the left and Craig playing inside so:

..........................Williams

..........................Thomson
..............Robertson............Craig

......Vine........................................ ..Harris
...........................Collins

IMHO - that team should be challenging for top 3 and, with the signing of a quality central defender and another attacking player, I would even put money on it!

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-07-2013, 09:46 AM
If we put players into categories this is what we have:

Goalkeepers: Williams, Murdoch? & Grant (this area is fine)

Full backs, right: Mullen, Clancy & Donaldson Left: McGivern & Stevenson

CB's: James McPake, Paul Hanlon & Jordan Forster

I would say we are short with the full back area and centre back, so at least two experienced defenders required. Huge doubts over McPake & Clancy.

Defensive Midfielders: Owain Tudor Jones, Tom Taiwo & Kevin Thomson (this area is covered)

Attack minded 'central' midfielders: Scott Robertson (I don't think he is a defensive midfielder, more of a box to box player but on previous he has goal scoring prowess), Paul Cairney (never a winger, but a player who can definitely find a pass and beat a man) and Liam Craig (see Paul Cairney and add goal scoring ability and proven at SPL level). Must stress that all these players are NOT wingers, both Craig and Cairney are obviously '10' type players.

Wingers: Alex Harris, Sam Stanton & Dean Horribine. Don't know enough about Stanton and Horribine but I don't think wing is their best position.

To summarise midfield we are in desperate need of wingers. I hate our insistence of putting players like Craig and Cairney out wide. With that said we do the same with our youngsters like Stanton. Our youngsters should be brought through in their best position.

Strikers: Rowan Vine, James Collins, Ross Caldwell & Danny Handling (this area should be fine if we correctly address others).

If we used a Man U model formation we could go with:

Williams

Mullen Hanlon (New P) McGivern

Thomson Jones (defensive, covering flanks depending on opposing teams attack)

Cairney Craig Harris (giving this three ability to use the top third of pitch to attack where they see fit)

Collins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

AlbertK86
28-07-2013, 09:53 AM
If we put players into categories this is what we have:

Goalkeepers: Williams, Murdoch? & Grant (this area is fine)

Full backs, right: Mullen, Clancy & Donaldson Left: McGivern & Stevenson

CB's: James McPake, Paul Hanlon & Jordan Forster

I would say we are short with the full back area and centre back, so at least two experienced defenders required. Huge doubts over McPake & Clancy.

Defensive Midfielders: Owain Tudor Jones, Tom Taiwo & Kevin Thomson (this area is covered)

Attack minded 'central' midfielders: Scott Robertson (I don't think he is a defensive midfielder, more of a box to box player but on previous he has goal scoring prowess), Paul Cairney (never a winger, but a player who can definitely find a pass and beat a man) and Liam Craig (see Paul Cairney and add goal scoring ability and proven at SPL level). Must stress that all these players are NOT wingers, both Craig and Cairney are obviously '10' type players.

Wingers: Alex Harris, Sam Stanton & Dean Horribine. Don't know enough about Stanton and Horribine but I don't think wing is their best position.

To summarise midfield we are in desperate need of wingers. I hate our insistence of putting players like Craig and Cairney out wide. With that said we do the same with our youngsters like Stanton. Our youngsters should be brought through in their best position.

Strikers: Rowan Vine, James Collins, Ross Caldwell & Danny Handling (this area should be fine if we correctly address others).

If we used a Man U model formation we could go with:

Williams

Mullen Hanlon (New P) McGivern

Thomson Jones (defensive, covering flanks depending on opposing teams attack)

Cairney Craig Harris (giving this three ability to use the top third of pitch to attack where they see fit)

Collins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I like that team other than Hanlon. Swap Forster in for him with either McGivern in beside him or a new CH. If Ryan in at CH need new LB

--------
28-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Start following another team? :rolleyes:

Squealing pig
28-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Get hanlon out to 3rd division on loan, stevenson demoted to thebench and thats a great start

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I like the look of this line-up PB. I also can't really understand the wholesale criticism of our players' level of ability. All are either proven at SPFL level (for teams who have finished above us recently) or higher or are our own young players who have shown themselves to be worthy of a starting place. Pat needs to add two players in critical positions and to get the team organised.

I'd make a couple of changes tho: I like the idea of Harris on the left and Craig playing inside so:

..........................Williams

..........................Thomson
..............Robertson............Craig

......Vine........................................ ..Harris
...........................Collins

IMHO - that team should be challenging for top 3 and, with the signing of a quality central defender and another attacking player, I would even put money on it!

This team is spot on IMO. Maybe a new RM with pace instead of Vine playing there though. I think Vine is more of a striker, just my opinion though! :greengrin

Andy74
28-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Get hanlon out to 3rd division on loan, stevenson demoted to thebench and thats a great start

Hanson is about the only defender available next week!

trev the hat
28-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Williams

Hateley
Forster
Webster
Hanlon

Harris
Taiwo
Robertson
Thomson

Craig
Collins

Subs-
Caldwell
McGivern (when fit)
Jones
Stevenson
Vine

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I would be happy if we brought in two centre halves and nothing else before the deadline. Even if they were only loan signings until January. If the rumours about McPake are untrue, he still appears to be fragile enough to be no more than 90 minutes away from his next injury.

shetlandhibee
28-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Williams

Clancy
mcpake
mcgivern
stevenson

Harris
tawio
New cm (claros?)
Cairney

Collins
Fast New striker

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Hanson is about the only defender available next week!

If he signs i'm not going back, he must be at least 50.

LaMotta
28-07-2013, 10:49 PM
If he signs i'm not going back, he must be at least 50.

We should sign him.... we'll never win anything with kids

OrdHibby
28-07-2013, 10:53 PM
drop james mistake
drop stevenson
change the manager :thumbsup:

Delboy4
29-07-2013, 03:46 PM
If players fit, I'd try a 3 5 2 but only if the players understand and can play that way!

Williams

Clancy Forster McGivern
^ ^
| |
Harris/New RM Taiwo Thomson Craig Stevenson/NewLM
| |
v v

Vine Collins

We've got cover in defence with OJT, Hanlon & McPake when/if fit, and plenty of cover in midfield...If its not working in a game, you can easily revert to a 442 with Stevenson/other dropping back or you can drop KT to holding/defending MF - there are plenty of options which Fenlon can change during the game but I never see it...they must practice something on the training ground!...

...the last time I seen 352/532 being played well was when Alex McLeish was manager, mind you, we had different calibre of players then.

Anyway, onwards & upwards
GGTTH
:thumbsup:

shetlandhibee
29-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Williams

Clancy
New cb
Forester
mcgivern

Harris
tawio
Claros
Vine

Collins
novo

Paisley Hibby
30-07-2013, 12:00 AM
GK Williams

Rb mullin
Ch new
Ch hanlon
Lb mcgivern

DM Thomson/ jones
DM taiwo

Am vine
Am Craig / Robertson
Am Harris

Cf Collins

I agree with the bit in bold. But it's Fenlon that's the problem. So as long as he remains then changing team line ups is like moving deckchairs on the Titanic.