PDA

View Full Version : What makes a true supporter?

Red Cabbage
25-07-2013, 11:59 PM
The usual crap surfaced tonight - getting humped, playing ***** and people start to leave.
Surely this is their choice? SO SICK FED UP of eejits judging and abusing people who choose to leave because there is ZERO entertainment!

READ: eejit in west lower back row, seat 207ish. Grow up!

Boyle89
26-07-2013, 12:05 AM
The usual crap surfaced tonight - getting humped, playing ***** and people start to leave.
Surely this is their choice? SO SICK FED UP of eejits judging and abusing people who choose to leave because there is ZERO entertainment!

Possibly just taking out their frustration?

lEXO
26-07-2013, 12:06 AM
For me it,s folk who can afford it and still keep going. I drove from Granada to Portugal to see Hibs v Notts Forest, 4 hours in a car without aircon it was a nightmare. Went to Malmo last week and had a great time. I have a season ticket and go to most away games. I have the time and money to do it. I love Hibs. I left when the 4th went in. I was disgusted by our performance and knew a hiding was on the cards. I don't have to sit and suffer that and couldn't give a sh/t what folk think. I will be in my seat for the Motherwell game as usual and if I want to leave early I will. Same goes for anybody else that does.

MichelleHibs
26-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Had the same frustration in the famous five, 2 guys commenting on why do I bother buying my st as I don't see half the game( I get up once to go to snack bar 20 mins in) well I was there til the end... Where were they after half time?! Hmm.....

lionrampant63
26-07-2013, 12:08 AM
I had a guy have a go at me for shouting the team to attack after 2 mins,that this was European football and u have to soak up pressure first,and coz I shouted about Lewis at fight back & that Fenlon should go,this made me a " big match Charlie" even tho I've followed the cabbage for 45 years.My shouting was too negative apparently,maybe not as negative as what I've had to watch for the last 5 years tho

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 12:10 AM

Folk around me left at 1-0, one guy chucked his scarf away at 2-0. We were never going to win, walk out when it gets humiliating sure but if you can't get behind the team at 1 or 2 down then you probably are not mentally equipped to support a football team because losing two goals happens quite a lot.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 12:13 AM
I left with 5 to go because i'm on night shift tonight. Not like me though.

I don't have a go at anyone who storms out though, i've done it myself twice before. It's just temper getting the better of people.

lEXO
26-07-2013, 12:18 AM
I left with 5 to go because i'm on night shift tonight. Not like me though.

I don't have a go at anyone who storms out though, i've done it myself twice before. It's just temper getting the better of people.
Spot on. At least they turned up. My mate had to listen to some numpty in the pub slagging off Mcpake for tonight and the boy wisnae even at the game.

Hibercelona
26-07-2013, 12:19 AM
I was still there when the 7th goal went in. What do I win?

marinello59
26-07-2013, 12:19 AM
I don't blame anybody for leaving that garbage tonight early. The fans did their bit and turned up in good numbers and in good voice. When the manager and team let us down like that why the hell should anybody stay after it became obvious they weren't going to keep their part of the bargain.
In saying that me and the wee lad stayed until the bitter end. It was so bad it got sort of hypnotic. I didn't want to watch but I couldn't help it.

Spike Mandela
26-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Supporters come in all shapes and sizes, leave early, stay till end, shout abuse, shout encouragement, happy go lucky and grumpy gits.

One thing we have in common is our team embarrassed us tonight.

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Supporters come in all shapes and sizes, leave early, stay till end, shout abuse, shout encouragement, happy go lucky and grumpy gits.

That sums it up best.

lEXO
26-07-2013, 12:22 AM
I was still there when the 7th goal went in. What do I win?A video of the full match and an audience with Yogi.

Hibercelona
26-07-2013, 12:28 AM
A video of the full match and an audience with Yogi.

:boo hoo:

Not sure which part of that prize would be worse!

lEXO
26-07-2013, 12:38 AM
:boo hoo:

Not sure which part of that prize would be worse!Real fitba folk ken.:wink:

Pete
26-07-2013, 01:01 AM
What makes a true supporter? That's debatable but I know what makes a bad one.

Leaving early or booing at half time/the end is well within anyone's rights in my opinion and shouldn't be frowned upon.

However, you don't start shouting when the ball gets passed backwards, scream abuse at your own players or select a "boo-boy" to constantly berate.
If you do that you are as well not being there or sitting in with the opposition fans. All these people do is have a negative effect on the team which is actually the opposite of being a supporter.

The terraces are becoming places where people are going to release all this pent-up energy they have and it isn't doing the team any good.

Sports like boxing:take that, or fishing :fishin: can actually help you feel more relaxed, as can having more :giruy:.

edinburghhibee
26-07-2013, 01:41 AM
From my point of view (and please come and speak to me of you disagree S43 GG 187) a supporter is someone who turns up to games or pays to watch a game on TV/comp and wants Hibs to win.

I believe 15,000+ did that tonight, but it's difficult to defend a football team who continually make the same errors two weeks in a row.

Don't get me wrong the black boy they had up top was lightning however surely in pro football you know to double up, one goes tight one drops off incase he try's to knock it past the first man.

Now tell me if I'm wrong but I've counted 6 of the 9 goals they scored came from their man getting to the byline and cutting it back.

We were piss poor tonight and last week, we are a poor side PF has to walk JMcP needs to decide is he really up for it anymore and Hibs as a club need to have shake down from top to bottom.

Embarrassing is the word I'd use for tonight.

PerfectlyFranck
26-07-2013, 02:05 AM
A couple of racist barrels were screaming at Rantie throughout as well as other nonsensical abuse of their 'offside' perfectly fine goals.
They were somewhere at the top of Section 43 but I couldn't see them, someone told a steward but they hardly budged.

I've not been in very long after making the journey back, people on their nights out at 1.30/2am even knew about the result in Newcastle.
The only reason I stayed until the end was because the only transport I could get back was an hour+ after the game, I don't understand why so many stayed although they must've been frozen to the spot like I was at half-time against Falkirk.
I have been travelling since 14:00 only to watch a match more embarrassing than any other I have witnessed for any club.

American Samoa would've held their heads higher when Australia put the 31st in! I constantly claimed that Fenlon should have this season, simply because of our habit for sacking and rebuilding so often, but I think I may have been wrong. Unlucky Collins!

lord bunberry
26-07-2013, 02:25 AM
I left after the 2nd goal as I was working tonight and I need to earn a living. There was a few others who left at the same time but most just seemed to be heading to get something to eat.

Halifaxhibby
26-07-2013, 02:32 AM

Couldn't make it tonight, financial reasons, I've worked down south for years and travel 4 to 5 hours on a Saturday morning to make most games after putting in a 12 hour night shift, then you sit and watch a team that couldn't give a Turkish delight whether we win or lose, we all support the team in our own way, supported hibs for over 30 years but unfortunately it's like being on the wrong end of an abusive relationship!!!, your promised every year it'll be better but it just gets worse!!!, 30 years!!!, highlights???, 2 Mickey Mouse cup wins, 6-2 game, aek game at home, lowlights??, well, where do u start!!!! I leave early as I love hibs tooo much and it hurts sooo bad when the clowns embarrass us, I'd end up in the jail if I didn't walk out, been taking the laddie for the past 7 years or so and now he's happy to walk early. Nice one rod!!!!, don't come greetin to me in future about st sales, it's on you now and your massive salary!!!, my daughters only 6 and I took her to 1 game, st Johnstone ripped us apart in 30 mins, when do hibs come on daddy???, broke my heart.

spike220
26-07-2013, 02:37 AM
I was still there when the 7th goal went in. What do I win? A mixture of respect and sympathy, I would not have thought less of you for leaving early, but good on you for staying. I think you could dine out for the rest of your life on the story that you had stayed behind if we managed to fight back and do the job on the 10-9.:flag::flag::flag::flag:

PerfectlyFranck
26-07-2013, 02:44 AM

Bewilderment

DAVE1875
26-07-2013, 03:27 AM

I would post a picture or gif of Willy Wonka doing the whole "You get nothing!!" line. But I wasn't even at the game so I don't think I have the right to :wink:

Pete
26-07-2013, 03:38 AM

Memories of topless men.

One for the whank bank if that's your thing?:greengrin

Hibercelona
26-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Actually, I would have left much earlier if it wasn't for my old man chaining me to my seat.

He's a cruel man. :greengrin

MotherSuperior
26-07-2013, 10:38 AM
The question should be, what makes a good manager? If anyone knows then they should tell Petrie, because he certainly doesn't seem to know!

26-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I personally have only left early once in all my years watching hibs (4-0 defeat to the ****s at hampden in 2006) but thats a personal choice of mine. Believe me i've been tempted to walk out many more times but I choose to stay till the end. Thats a personal choice of mine as a supporter. I don't grudge folk who walk out early in games such as last night, thats their choice and doesn't make them any less of a hibs fan than the folk who stay.

I don't blame people for walking out last night or the 2012 cup final as, like myself, they were quite rightly disgusted at what they were witnessing and are entitled to demonstrate that disapproval.

Sanger
26-07-2013, 10:46 AM

Yes felt like cancelling my season ticket - can I stand another season of idiots making idiotic comments as we struggle yet again!

yeezus.
26-07-2013, 10:49 AM
The only game I've ever left early was our relegation battle against Dunfermline (I had to catch a train) but to me it is understandable that some people don't want to sit and watch our team get torn to shreds - especially if we don't put in the effort.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I leave early in total disgust in most games, even when we're winning. It's just my thing.

hibIBZ
26-07-2013, 11:13 AM
I think I have only left early 3 times. The de vries game at Tynie the final v them and the 7-0 game at ibrox. I think we all support the team in our own way. We deserved better than last night

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 11:34 AM
What makes a true supporter?

He has a giant club crest tatooed on his back with the name of some dodgy East European that currently owns the club just above it.

Anything else is a part-timer.

James70
26-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I think that half the team left after Malmo's 2nd goal and the remaining players were just helpless spectators like the rest of us. They did stay to the end though.

The Leith Dutch
26-07-2013, 11:48 AM
As this thread topic comes up often can I ask if there's ever been a thread started that in one initial post both demands the right to leave at half time when we're getting pumped AND suggests resigning Derek Riordan?

:na na:

Billy Whizz
26-07-2013, 12:01 PM
The guy behind me started mumping and moaning after 2 minutes last night. He left after the 3rd goal. I don't think he's a supporter at all

StevesFamau5
26-07-2013, 12:08 PM
The guy behind me started mumping and moaning after 2 minutes last night. He left after the 3rd goal. I don't think he's a supporter at all

Wish someone told the welt near me who even booed when our own support tried to relish a bit of a pride by singing at 7-0. Booed anyone who dared clap a Malmo goal regardless of how good it was. And when I asked him why he hated his own fans so much he called me an English **** haha. Belissimo :-/

Jones28
26-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Got a tattoo this morning. Hibs related obviously, but I was honestly sitting there last night watching it wondering how wise it was...turns it was very wise cos it looks class :thumbsup:

DH1875
26-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Stayed to the end of that final, stayed to the end of last years final, didn't leave last years semi at 3-0 down and have more than put my hours in over the years. BUT if anyone wants to have a go about leaving early last night then they can do one. Total joke.

Hibby Gav
26-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Got a tattoo this morning. Hibs related obviously, but I was honestly sitting there last night watching it wondering how wise it was...turns it was very wise cos it looks class :thumbsup: good on you mate ! :aok:

Derry Hibee
26-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I have no shame in proudly wearing my hibs top today. After seeing some of the abuse the younger lads were taking on twitter (like it or loathe it, twitter is part of life) from so-called fans, they dont need the rest of us throwing in the towel.
Heading off to the Brandywell here in Derry later for the Foyle Cup final which I'm sure the U20's will win and give us something to smile about. Good luck to the U17's in their final too. The future may not be as gloomy as it seems...

Forever Green

Allant1981
26-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I left after the 7th last night which took the other half by surprise, why should we have to stay and applaud that garbage, even booing them at full time wouldnt matter cause it looked like most of them couldnt be bothered anyway

Eternal Hibbie
26-07-2013, 03:04 PM
First competitive home game of the new season and I'm totally disillusioned already and I'm guessing I'm not alone.

What makes a true supporter - don't know, I used to consider myself one.

snooky
26-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I can tell you what a true supporter isn't.

Someone who doesn't care if we win or lose.
Someone who feels they don't have to leave before the end because they don't feel any pain watching the team they love being humiliated
Someone who can go to their work the next day and not care about the jibes after a drubbing.

Alas, many 'true' supporters are slowly falling into the category above after enduring years of under-achieving, substandard performances and diabolical results. Can't blame them, TBH.

FWIW, I stayed to the end last night.

eastterrace
26-07-2013, 09:01 PM
had a father and son sit near me west lower the dad was shouting get stuck in , go on hit him, then the son ( about 12 yrs old) go on and break his legs, thats whats wrong with scottish football ******s like that , malmo had some classy players and we have guys shouting that. we will never ever get near these teams with that mentality.

thebigman1875
26-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Well said. Agree 100%

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Been following the Hibs for more than thirty years and I have never left a game early. Always stay to the last peep. Does that make me a better supporter? Not in my opinion. Just makes me someone that choses to stay.