PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson, Professional Footballer? (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Gary, I like Lewis but I thought he was brutal in the first half yesterday. I actually thought he was better at RB.

Thats ok, folk are allowed to disagree. :greengrin As i said further up, he was nothing great but did not do much wrong imo. He was a little lucky when he slipped and nearly let them in, but defended reasonably well but contributed nothing going forward in my opinion.

We saw when McGivern came on what a decent player he is going forward, and how we looked much better when attacking.

Yet they scored down the left, with a pretty poor goal to lose when any decent defender would have blocked the cross.

As for Lewis on the right, he was always having to come onto his left either passing it back or lumping it forward. He did defend ok on the right.

What playing him on the right did was make us disjointed again, just as it had the previous times he's played there.

I cant for the life of me see why Forster didn't play right back, he's played there many times before. And to replace a player just because he's been booked is another strange one for me, ffs give them some credit for knowing they are on a booking.

TrinityHibs
12-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Once again today Lewis was howling. He was as bad at right back today as he was on the left, every time he got the ball he moved backwards. Liam Craig was left mid and never got any service from Lewis who decided it would be better to hoof the ball up the park for Rowan Vine to chase rather than pass to Liam Craig or another midfielder. The difference once McGivern went to left back was plain to see, he can actually move with a ball at his feet. Lewis heading ability is beyond awful.

Yup we lost a goal from a cross from our left:wink: Much like your comment above that doesn't get to the real problem with Hibs just now.

As others have said the team was poor yesterday. Despite loading the squad with midfielders we see no cutting edge, pace, movement or creativity from the midfield. Our tactics seem to be don't lose a goal and when we do we .............. well we don't know what to do. We have nothing out wide now that Harris is out. We isolate Collins. What position is Vine supposed to be playing? KT flatters to deceive and can someone tell me what instructions OTJ is given before he runs out on to the park?

That was a poor team performance orchestrated by a poor manager.

hibee_girl
12-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Gary, I like Lewis but I thought he was brutal in the first half yesterday. I actually thought he was better at RB.

I agree, I'm one of Lewis' biggest fans but he was awful at LB yesterday however when he moved to RB he was fine, they didn't trouble us at all down that side.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:07 AM
I agree, I'm one of Lewis' biggest fans but he was awful at LB yesterday however when he moved to RB he was fine, they didn't trouble us at all down that side.

What did he do that was so awful yesterday at left back? :confused:

hibee_girl
12-08-2013, 09:10 AM

His passing wasn't great, looked liked he was easily beaten. Just felt he did better at RB

MotherSuperior
12-08-2013, 09:15 AM

His distribution was awful. I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball straight to a Hearts player.

He was shocking yesterday, he may not of made any mistakes that lead to goals, but he did absolutely nothing that was positive either.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:16 AM
His passing wasn't great, looked liked he was easily beaten. Just felt he did better at RB

His forward passing was poor, as was everyone else, he defended as good also as everyone else. I'm not sure why Lewis deserves a thread of his own after yesterday, when he did no worse than the majority of the team, and his replacement who did give us better options going forward was ripped a new ******** for their goal. Why no thread about him? :confused:

BH Hibs
12-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Wtf has Lewis done. OTJ, Liam Craig and to an extent Vine were all worse than Lewis. OTJ contributed NOWT and Craig seemed uninterested.

I've not seen you give McGivern a hard time for fannying about on the touch line for their goal.... It came from him as Lewis was RB.

Lewis could only pass the ball to someone in space, playing with bloody statues in front of him half the time.

Yeah Lewis wasn't great but he was far from the worst.

Nelson and Hanlon played quite a few long or you would call Hoof balls.... You've made no mention if that.

Lewis is an easy target for most and might not be the greatest but he tries and gets on with it.

It seems to me that other members of the team are not up for scrutiny as much as Lewis.

Agree 100% mate

Stantons Angel
12-08-2013, 09:40 AM
As usual here i am coming to the defense of a HIBS player who becomes the whipping boy of every defeat.

Some of you should be ashamed to say you are Hibs' supporters, really you should! I have waited deliberately to read you comments on the defeat as it was odds on Lewis was going to carry the can for the absolutely awful display against a team full of kids.

I got it bang on though, out came the personal insults at the player,the manager who maybe should take some of the blame, and every thing else you could think of.

No one has ever looked at the expectations of the supporters though. Its certainly not good enough the start we have made by any way or means and like you all i am hurting too. But to come on here and slate a player who is constantly played out of position, who gives his all for that jersey and is an example that any young professional player could look to, is really nonsense!

The banner sized headline on another post is a sheer sign of the mentality we are up against and i hope that when the writer sobers up he is ashamed of himself. This sort of onslaught does nothing for the morale of the player nor the team. Hibs supporters have always had high expectations of their team. this is due to some of us witnessing the pure footballing brilliance of previous generations of Hibs teams.

Its just not like that now, the modern game is built on money money money, genuine footballers are born and are few and far between. Hibs have a great foundation to build on and Fenlon has been charged with the job of doing that. The past two seasons have seen us suffer humiliation and hurt and no one can argue with that.

Look around the team and there are very few players left from the old regime, Fenlon has been given the support of the board and brought in his players. Some may be found out as not being good enough to wear the jersey, that remains to be seen.

Protesting in the streets will do no good and only make us as laughable as we found the Jambos?

Its going to be a bumpy ride over the next season and the team are going to need the support of the fans even more.

Yesterday's defeat just goes to show the work needing done and it wont happen over night, not without the fans patience.

Jumping on Lewis evertime we lose is becoming a boring pastime and could indicate that you dont know who to blame, so lets blame Lewis. He had a bad game yesterday i have to admit BUT so did the others in green and white! Its a team game and singling out one player in particular is senseless, especially when it is always Lewis!

Again this is my point of view, you either accept it or dont. Either way im entitled to air my views just as much as you are.

Just get behind them and im sure this will help us over the next hurdle and please be a little more open minded when you feel you have to blame someone for a defeat. Lewis is not always the worst player on the field...................... there are others too you know!

Thecat23
12-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Well said Lewis :D

jeffers
12-08-2013, 09:45 AM
As usual here i am coming to the defense of a HIBS player who becomes the whipping boy of every defeat.

Some of you should be ashamed to say you are Hibs' supporters, really you should! I have waited deliberately to read you comments on the defeat as it was odds on Lewis was going to carry the can for the absolutely awful display against a team full of kids.

I got it bang on though, out came the personal insults at the player,the manager who maybe should take some of the blame, and every thing else you could think of.

No one has ever looked at the expectations of the supporters though. Its certainly not good enough the start we have made by any way or means and like you all i am hurting too. But to come on here and slate a player who is constantly played out of position, who gives his all for that jersey and is an example that any young professional player could look to, is really nonsense!

The banner sized headline on another post is a sheer sign of the mentality we are up against and i hope that when the writer sobers up he is ashamed of himself. This sort of onslaught does nothing for the morale of the player nor the team. Hibs supporters have always had high expectations of their team. this is due to some of us witnessing the pure footballing brilliance of previous generations of Hibs teams.

Its just not like that now, the modern game is built on money money money, genuine footballers are born and are few and far between. Hibs have a great foundation to build on and Fenlon has been charged with the job of doing that. The past two seasons have seen us suffer humiliation and hurt and no one can argue with that.

Look around the team and there are very few players left from the old regime, Fenlon has been given the support of the board and brought in his players. Some may be found out as not being good enough to wear the jersey, that remains to be seen.

Protesting in the streets will do no good and only make us as laughable as we found the Jambos?

Its going to be a bumpy ride over the next season and the team are going to need the support of the fans even more.

Yesterday's defeat just goes to show the work needing done and it wont happen over night, not without the fans patience.

Jumping on Lewis evertime we lose is becoming a boring pastime and could indicate that you dont know who to blame, so lets blame Lewis. He had a bad game yesterday i have to admit BUT so did the others in green and white! Its a team game and singling out one player in particular is senseless, especially when it is always Lewis!

Again this is my point of view, you either accept it or dont. Either way im entitled to air my views just as much as you are.

Just get behind them and im sure this will help us over the next hurdle and please be a little more open minded when you feel you have to blame someone for a defeat. Lewis is not always the worst player on the field...................... there are others too you know!

Bits in bold, how many times are we going to hear this ? There has to be a point where enough is enough......

Thecat23
12-08-2013, 09:46 AM

Joking aside you are saying "Lewis is always being played out of position" but telling us to be patient? Are you saying we should stick with Fenlon and watch him play more players out of position?

TheFamous1875
12-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I'll never understand why he's always targeted after every HIBS **** up. He's not the most skilful, attacking player in the world, of course not, but he rarely puts a foot wrong, good at defending and getting the ball back (FWIW I don't think they'd have got their cross in for the goal if Lewis was still at LB).
Would never play him at striker, and of course he could be a better player! But he's not, and he's not everything that's wrong with Hibernian FC. HIBS don't have any better, until they do, get behind the boy, the team, and back them.

And I thought Hanlon had his best game for us in a while yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bobby's Cinema
12-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Why are many Hibs fans scared to just come out and say when a player is not good enough? Yes they get our full support on the park but for god sake man.

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2013, 09:52 AM
That sitter Lewis missed at 0-0 was criminal, if he'd scored we could have gotten at least a point, er.........

SlickShoes
12-08-2013, 09:53 AM
He's a real trier.

I don't think anyone is saying that all of our defeats are his fault. My Lewis thread is based on watching him play for hibs since 2007, not on 2 games he played at right back.

He has poor distribution, his positional sense is poor, his heading is very poor, his tackling is OK, he provides no attacking option at all. Is that all too irrational?

If I am at the game the team get my full support, so why am I not allowed to air my frustration on the internet? You say we should be ashamed to say we are Hibs supporters, if we all had the same opinion this forum would not exist. This is the modern day pub where we discuss what we like and dislike about hibs, if you can't handle someones opinion differing from yours then please don't read any of my posts.

TheFamous1875
12-08-2013, 09:55 AM
My point is, he may not be brilliant, but it's not like he's a bombscare, nowhere close! I don't see why he gets singled out. If that's the case, Williams should have been burned at the stake after the Malmo match at home.

TheFamous1875
12-08-2013, 09:58 AM
He's a real trier.

I don't think anyone is saying that all of our defeats are his fault. My Lewis thread is based on watching him play for hibs since 2007, not on 2 games he played at right back.

He has poor distribution, his positional sense is poor, his heading is very poor, his tackling is OK, he provides no attacking option at all. Is that all too irrational?

It's not irrational, I just don't think we're near the point to turn our noses up at a player who gives his all and is reliable in what he does. He's none of the thing you've listed above, you're correct. Which isn't the best, but we're not at that stage yet. If we reach that stage, and he can't get in the team, then so be it. He may even play better in a better team for all we know......

SlickShoes
12-08-2013, 09:59 AM
My point is, he may not be brilliant, but it's not like he's a bombscare, nowhere close! I don't see why he gets singled out. If that's the case, Williams should have been burned at the stake after the Malmo match at home.

I can remember more than one game last season that we would have lost if it wasn't for a great performance by Ben Williams. I can remember that Lewis best game was in 2007 when the whole team played a blinder. He had a good game last season when he played a fantastic long ball upfield and set up a hibs goal, thats about all I can remember that wasn't turgid dross.

PatHead
12-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Every time Lewis gets criticised a lot of posters immediately defend him and say someone else was equally bad or worse. My feelings about him aren't only from yesterday. I think the main point about him is that he is simply not good enough for our first team. He slows play down every time he gets the ball. The standard of player I would like to see playing for Hibs is far higher. He has 5 years to make a position his own and just isn't good enough. I asked earlier if he played for St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, etc would anyone want us to sign him. So far no-one has said yes. Think that says it all.

Makaveli
12-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Tried hard to stay out of another Stevenson debate but such pish is being spouted I just can't.

He isn't the best, he isn't good enough for what a Hibs side should be. Fine. But his trying isn't just huff and puff — he always shows for the ball, hence why he gets it in so many shan situations where he's on a hiding to nothing. When Harris isn't in the team, Stevenson is the lazy out-ball because he bothers to find space. The difference is that his distribution isn't good, and he knows that, hence rarely trying to make an incisive pass. Really felt for him yesterday.

SlickShoes
12-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Thats ok, folk are allowed to disagree. :greengrin As i said further up, he was nothing great but did not do much wrong imo. He was a little lucky when he slipped and nearly let them in, but defended reasonably well but contributed nothing going forward in my opinion.

We saw when McGivern came on what a decent player he is going forward, and how we looked much better when attacking.

Yet they scored down the left, with a pretty poor goal to lose when any decent defender would have blocked the cross.

As for Lewis on the right, he was always having to come onto his left either passing it back or lumping it forward. He did defend ok on the right.

What playing him on the right did was make us disjointed again, just as it had the previous times he's played there.

I cant for the life of me see why Forster didn't play right back, he's played there many times before. And to replace a player just because he's been booked is another strange one for me, ffs give them some credit for knowing they are on a booking.

See, I agree with this, I was livid when Fenlon moved Stevenson to right back, not AT Lewis but at Pat.

I don't think anyone slating Lewis recently is doing it solely on him playing right back, but the fact that Fenlon thinks it's even remotely a decent option to have him play there is insane.

Scottie
12-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I'll never understand why he's always targeted after every HIBS **** up. He's not the most skilful, attacking player in the world, of course not, but he rarely puts a foot wrong, good at defending and getting the ball back (FWIW I don't think they'd have got their cross in for the goal if Lewis was still at LB).
Would never play him at striker, and of course he could be a better player! But he's not, and he's not everything that's wrong with Hibernian FC. HIBS don't have any better, until they do, get behind the boy, the team, and back them.

And I thought Hanlon had his best game for us in a while yesterday.

Sensible post. Agree 100% :aok:

clerriehibs
I'm stone cold sober. I know Hibs turn many to drink but i got out before i ended up in the Andrew Duncan. Stevenson is garbage and its time folk stopped accepting mediocre crap like this. He can't even take a throw in. He gives 100% every game but its 100%

No-one making a move to show for the ball isn't the fault of the ****** thrower.

TrinityHibs
Why are many Hibs fans scared to just come out and say when a player is not good enough? Yes they get our full support on the park but for god sake man.

Alright you win Fraz. I tend not to criticise Hibs players but you are correct that sometimes you need to come out and say when a player is not good enough. So here goes. Based on yesterdays performance Owen Tudor Jones is not good enough. There I've done it but I'm sure that makes a huge difference. However despite him being rank rotten yesterday it was not his fault that Hibs lost. It was a team thing including the manager and I use that description of Pat Fenlon in the loosest sense of the word. We have a squad of holding midfielders who lack pace, creativity, movement and guile that are set up not to lose. There are no leaders. Nobody puts there foot on the ball and looks up for players moving into space. we have developed a new system where instead of playing pass and go we play pass and stand still.

Bobby's Cinema
12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Alright you win Fraz. I tend not to criticise Hibs players but you are correct that sometimes you need to come out and say when a player is not good enough. So here goes. Based on yesterdays performance Owen Tudor Jones is not good enough. There I've done it but I'm sure that makes a huge difference. However despite him being rank rotten yesterday it was not his fault that Hibs lost. It was a team thing including the manager and I use that description of Pat Fenlon in the loosest sense of the word. We have a squad of holding midfielders who lack pace, creativity, movement and guile that are set up not to lose. There are no leaders. Nobody puts there foot on the ball and looks up for players moving into space. we have developed a new system where instead of playing pass and go we play pass and stand still.

Yes I would agree with all of that. He tries his heart out and I felt sorry for him being inexplicably punted out at right back. Of course it wasn't solely down to him that we lost yesterday. I'm just not sure what he offers that team. Below average

J-C
12-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I've said before and I'll say it again Stevenson has never been a LB, he's a ball winning midfielder who's now seen as some kind of utility player, this has now gone against him in his own development in his natural position. He barely loses a 50/50 challenge and positionally is very good, his distribution has been poor but when you really look at his options ahead of him, you can see why. His height is the only real downside to him being a pretty good LB but then again, he isn't a LB.

Aldo
12-08-2013, 11:06 AM
See, I agree with this, I was livid when Fenlon moved Stevenson to right back, not AT Lewis but at Pat.

I don't think anyone slating Lewis recently is doing it solely on him playing right back, but the fact that Fenlon thinks it's even remotely a decent option to have him play there is insane.

He had the option if bringing on Forster, who has played a lot at RB for the U20's. instead he takes one off moves another to accommodate the sub.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Onion
12-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Every time Lewis gets criticised a lot of posters immediately defend him and say someone else was equally bad or worse. My feelings about him aren't only from yesterday. I think the main point about him is that he is simply not good enough for our first team. He slows play down every time he gets the ball. The standard of player I would like to see playing for Hibs is far higher. He has 5 years to make a position his own and just isn't good enough. I asked earlier if he played for St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, etc would anyone want us to sign him. So far no-one has said yes. Think that says it all.

Agreed. I've no idea what our last 5 failed managers have seen in Lewis Stephenson. The Hibs team sheet with his name on it must be all the encouragement opponents need. As you say who has ever tried to buy him? Yet our poor managers get suckered into resigning him just when you think you've got shot. My theory is that after 6 years of failure, those that still see Stephenson as a decent player were never any good at football at school but tried really really hard :)

scoopyboy
12-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Agreed. I've no idea what our last 5 failed managers have seen in Lewis Stephenson. The Hibs team sheet with his name on it must be all the encouragement opponents need. As you say who has ever tried to buy him? Yet our poor managers get suckered into resigning him just when you think you've got shot. My theory is that after 6 years of failure, those that still see Stephenson as a decent player were never any good at football at school but tried really really hard :)

deliberate?

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I have to say I really dislike these almost hate filled posts about individual players. These are the types of post which make me really think twice of reading the threads on here. Those who state Stephenson is "never a player" are speaking of views which are frankly emotional at best. So what makes "a player"?? decent technique, head, pass, tackle, shoot, decent athlete. well, Lewis hasall of these. He will make his career in professional football until he retires and likely goes in to coaching . He has not however, had a chance much to play in his best position, central midfield.He has though, put in a shift in many other positions and is always available for the ball, even when he is going through a hard time on the pitch.

I'm glad he is a Hibs player, honest, hard working, team player, never shirks his responsibility ( does anyone actually think he likes playing out of position ? )...I'm not so glad that we have some fans who share sometimes rude and disrespectful views on guys who are working hard to do their best during a difficult time at Hibs.

clerriehibs
12-08-2013, 12:10 PM
This is a thread about Lewis Stevenson, there are other threads to berate other players. I have already posted in other places about how clueless Fenlon is and how dire the team in general were.

Why do we have this Lewis Stevenson Protection squad?

OTJ isn't even on the same level of criticism as Lewis, I never even noticed the guy was playing until 40 minutes in when he gave away a foul, the new Brian Kerr.

For the same reason we have the Lewis Stevenson Hate squad. People have opinions; they differ.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 12:15 PM
He had the option if bringing on Forster, who has played a lot at RB for the U20's. instead he takes one off moves another to accommodate the sub.

Wrong wrong wrong.

100% spot on, why bother playing someone comfortable in that position, when you can completely unbalance the team by doing what he did? The mans clueless and more negative than Bertie Auld.

Stantons Angel
12-08-2013, 12:15 PM
I've said before and I'll say it again Stevenson has never been a LB, he's a ball winning midfielder who's now seen as some kind of utility player, this has now gone against him in his own development in his natural position. He barely loses a 50/50 challenge and positionally is very good, his distribution has been poor but when you really look at his options ahead of him, you can see why. His height is the only real downside to him being a pretty good LB but then again, he isn't a LB.

At last someone with a bit of honesty here! Why dont all you debaters who think and know everthing about the team its players and how they should play take heed!

Honestly its not easy being a Hibs supporter just ask the 30-40k who come out of the woodwork for cup finals...... Stay with them and be positive above all support them. AND stop blaming one player have a look at how the whole team plays wont you!!!

silverhibee
12-08-2013, 12:16 PM
His forward passing was poor, as was everyone else, he defended as good also as everyone else. I'm not sure why Lewis deserves a thread of his own after yesterday, when he did no worse than the majority of the team, and his replacement who did give us better options going forward was ripped a new ******** for their goal. Why no thread about him? :confused:

Got to take him of throw-ins mind you.

truehibernian
12-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Never a truer word spoken SH my man - he had me biting down on my toffee bon bons in rage yesterday.

It's a set piece, that was what I was always taught - a time in the game you have possession and they can't get it, a time where you can press the play up the pitch or get the ball into/out of the danger area.

I'd love to hear what the coaching staff say about how they practice throws - I honestly don't think they give it much thought and we are shocking at retention from throw in's.

lapsedhibee
12-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I'd love to hear what the coaching staff say about how they practice throws - I honestly don't think they give it much thought and we are shocking at retention from throw in's.

And have been for years and years and years and years and years. Why oh why oh why oh why? :grr: :panic:

Postman
12-08-2013, 01:53 PM
So what makes "a player"?? decent technique, head, pass, tackle, shoot, decent athlete. well, Lewis hasall of these. He will make his career in professional football until he retires and likely goes in to coaching . He has not however, had a chance much to play in his best position, central midfield.He has though, put in a shift in many other positions and is always available for the ball, even when he is going through a hard time on the pitch.

This is Stevenson we're talking about?? Absolute nonsense if we are! 5 foot nothing LS who has scored what, one goal in his career?? You can make up whatever you want to suit your argument though

If there comes a point where Lewis plays in his favoured position of central midfield on a regular basis then thats just about it for me. We'd be a Championship side within the year

PatHead
12-08-2013, 02:07 PM
At last someone with a bit of honesty here! Why dont all you debaters who think and know everthing about the team its players and how they should play take heed!

Honestly its not easy being a Hibs supporter just ask the 30-40k who come out of the woodwork for cup finals...... Stay with them and be positive above all support them. AND stop blaming one player have a look at how the whole team plays wont you!!!

At no point in this thread have I blamed one player, very few posters have blamed Stevenson for the defeat yesterday. The theme is that if Stevenson is a first pick player then our squad is not good enough. I have been honest in all my posts concerning Stevenson and object to you saying otherwise. I also don't claim to know all about football but even I can see he is not good enough. Last season who would have drop out of midfield to accommodate him?

hibee_girl
12-08-2013, 02:14 PM
This is Stevenson we're talking about?? Absolute nonsense if we are! 5 foot nothing LS who has scored what, one goal in his career?? You can make up whatever you want to suit your argument though

He's not in the team to score goals

RickyS
12-08-2013, 02:20 PM
100% spot on, why bother playing someone comfortable in that position, when you can completely unbalance the team by doing what he did? The mans clueless and more negative than Bertie Auld.

i have tried to be patient i think, cos i Don't want the trend of a manager everyone 18 months - two years but that dont mean you
stick by a numptie

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 02:31 PM

If there comes a point where Lewis plays in his favoured position of central midfield on a regular basis then thats just about it for me. We'd be a Championship side within the year

Yes it is...actually Lewis is decent in the air for his size, his timing often helps him win balls against those taller than him...never mind though - keep the blinkers on...

SlickShoes
12-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Yes it is...actually Lewis is decent in the air for his size, his timing often helps him win balls against those taller than him...never mind though - keep the blinkers on...

His headed clearance last season against Motherwell that let Mcfadden score was truly awful, he had one like that yesterday too.

Postman
12-08-2013, 02:40 PM
He's not in the team to score goals

Never said he was

Postman
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM

Nonsense, he's about as good at heading as he is shooting! You just keep defending him by using the word 'decent'. He looks like a wee boy being allowed to play a mans game

PatHead
12-08-2013, 03:15 PM

If that is the best you can come up with you must be Stevenson's dad. He is humpty in the air and can't see what is going on due to your blinkers. Sorry but Stevenson is not a youngster breaking through.

The Baldmans Comb
12-08-2013, 05:59 PM

If anyone can remotely argue that Stevenson is good in the air then the loonies really have taken over the asylum.

Argue that he has a bit of bite in the tackle and of course a nice wee laddie who tries and tries his wee heart out and you would be taken seriously but "good in the air". Come on.

A two year contract for such a limited player sums up Hibs ambition and Fenlons judgement for me.

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 06:05 PM
If anyone can remotely argue that Stevenson is good in the air then the loonies really have taken over the asylum.

Argue that he has a bit of bite in the tackle and of course a nice wee laddie who tries and tries his wee heart out and you would be taken seriously but "good in the air". Come on.

A two year contract for such a limited player sums up Hibs ambition and Fenlons judgement for me.

...i said he is decent in the air for his size, i'm not suggesting he is a Nelson type...but actually, yes he has good timing , therefore does well considering his size...It's not a material point in this largely negative horrible thread...but its a fair analysis of his ability.

PatHead
12-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Can I just check- are you fishing?

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Nonsense, he's about as good at heading as he is shooting! You just keep defending him by using the word 'decent'. He looks like a wee boy being allowed to play a mans game

"wee boy playing a mans game"...so it's cliche time is it now??......He never hides in any game, even when he is having a torrid time. He may not be a top player, but to suggest such a cliche is completely disrespectful. It's such a sad state of affairs to have such personal negativity directed towards one of our players...There is way too much of this at ER and on this board..depressing

PatHead
12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
"wee boy playing a mans game"...so it's cliche time is it now??......He never hides in any game, even when he is having a torrid time. He may not be a top player, but to suggest such a cliche is completely disrespectful. It's such a sad state of affairs to have such personal negativity directed towards one of our players...There is way too much of this at ER and on this board..depressing

I think you will find that all the negativity is not directed at one player. At this moment in time there could be a thread directed at almost every player. Do you think we should just clap them off the pitch irrespective of how they perform? Stevenson has never been a wage thief, he has always conducted himself with dignity and tried but he simply is not good enough and unfortunately never will be. I don't stand and scream at players during games but we are away from the games and on a forum. Surely we are now allowed to discuss the merits or otherwise of players?

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2013, 06:35 PM
He's a professional.

I'll give him that much.

Awful again yesterday. I think its worth mentioning actually that his performance levels dipped since he signed his new contract last year. Might just be a coincidence of course, but he should definately not be getting a new contract. He's not the only one who needs replacing aswell, mind.

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I think you will find that all the negativity is not directed at one player. At this moment in time there could be a thread directed at almost every player. Do you think we should just clap them off the pitch irrespective of how they perform? Stevenson has never been a wage thief, he has always conducted himself with dignity and tried but he simply is not good enough and unfortunately never will be. I don't stand and scream at players during games but we are away from the games and on a forum. Surely we are now allowed to discuss the merits or otherwise of players?

PatHead, you're right, all the players need to look at their contribution currently. Very fews are getting pass marks just now in this horrible start to the season. I feel this thread has been unfair to Stephenson. He rarely, if ever, gets to play in his position. Yet, he takes the jersey and puts in a shift. Thats why his team mates and coaches will respect him more than fans, because they know he is being asked to take one for the team, when he s thrust to RB or even LB for that matter. I'm all for constructive debate and criticism. I do feel though that this "wee boy" " never a player" stuff is wrong and disrespectful to one of our players who never shirks whatever is going on for him.

clerriehibs
12-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Damn right, because if he isn't taking a throw we'd at least have someone on the pitch who was showing for it. Most of the rest of them are chicken-hearted impostors who will not take on any responsibility.

Jonnyboy
12-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Isn't it ironic that the last competitive goal we scored was set up by LS and headed into the net by another player who got pelters from his own fans

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Isn't it ironic that the last competitive goal we scored was set up by LS and headed into the net by another player who got pelters from his own fans

No...Don't bring facts into this debate...they are having much more fun without them...:wink:

Jonnyboy
12-08-2013, 07:47 PM
No...Don't bring facts into this debate...they are having much more fun without them...:wink:

:greengrin

Nice to see someone else being accused of being Lewis' Dad :faf:

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
:greengrin

Nice to see someone else being accused of being Lewis' Dad :faf:

Haha. I did notice that ..made me chuckle ...anyway must go , time for Lewis's tea ! :-)

Jonnyboy
12-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Haha. I did notice that ..made me chuckle ...anyway must go , time for Lewis's tea ! :-)

:thumbsup:

KanyeWestLower
12-08-2013, 08:26 PM
I think some of the comments are unfair. Lewis is a model professional and gives everything for Hibs.

Postman
12-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I think some of the comments are unfair. Lewis is a model professional and gives everything for Hibs.

There is absolutely no doubt that's the case. It doesn't however make him good enough! I wish he had the ability to go with his attitude but he quite simply doesn't and never will do.

Unseen work
12-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Lewis' biggest mistake IMO has been sticking around at hibs for so long as a bit part player. He should of moved and developed elsewhere as soon as he wasn't getting a game as IMO he was very good whn he was younger

Unseen work
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
He's still only 25 aswell?! Jesus he's been around for ages too! But I think he should take a leaf out of spoonys book and leave. Watching an hearing about spoony doin well is frustrating aswell though cause we all knew he had bags of ability, only thing was his consistency and confidence

Postman
12-08-2013, 08:49 PM
PatHead, you're right, all the players need to look at their contribution currently. Very fews are getting pass marks just now in this horrible start to the season. I feel this thread has been unfair to Stephenson. He rarely, if ever, gets to play in his position. Yet, he takes the jersey and puts in a shift. Thats why his team mates and coaches will respect him more than fans, because they know he is being asked to take one for the team, when he s thrust to RB or even LB for that matter. I'm all for constructive debate and criticism. I do feel though that this "wee boy" " never a player" stuff is wrong and disrespectful to one of our players who never shirks whatever is going on for him.

Whats also disrespectful is for you to defend him and repeatedly not even bother to spell his name right! I am simply saying what I see.

gillythehibby
12-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I think this thread is a *** disgrace ! Being unhappy with the team as a whole is one thing, but abuse of a an honest player a *** joke. get a grip. !!

Gatecrasher
12-08-2013, 08:54 PM
People wonder why players often do well elsewhere, Threads like this highlight that a player who has showed nothing but commitment to our club will still get slated to the extent where his professionalism is in question. Similar opinions and attitudes to our players can be found in the stands at the weekend and I'm not just talking about Lewis here there has been a fair few over the last few years. I see the we need Wotherspoon back threads have started again :rolleyes:.

Keep trying your hardest Lewis, Most these folk couldn't lace your boots.

edwards
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
If Lewis was a model proffesional he wouldn't be playing for us, now McGivern is back he will be back on the bench. Sorry but it is time for lewis to go can't get forward in a full back position and gives our wide player no support.

KanyeWestLower
12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
So frustrating

KanyeWestLower
12-08-2013, 09:03 PM
If Lewis was a model proffesional he wouldn't be playing for us, now McGivern is back he will be back on the bench. Sorry but it is time for lewis to go can't get forward in a full back position and gives our wide player no support.

Are you saying he isn't a model pro? His best position is middle of the park

Hedlund12
12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
People wonder why players often do well elsewhere, Threads like this highlight that a player who has showed nothing but commitment to our club will still get slated to the extent where his professionalism is in question. Similar opinions and attitudes to our players can be found in the stands at the weekend and I'm not just talking about Lewis here there has been a fair few over the last few years. I see the we need Wotherspoon back threads have started again :rolleyes:.

:top marks

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 09:12 PM

Great post...I wonder if other clubs are quite so negative about their own players...we seem to have this tendency of kicking our players until they're down, never letting them back up then missing them when they go....

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Great post...I wonder if other clubs are quite so negative about their own players...we seem to have this tendency of kicking our players until they're down, never letting them back up then missing them when they go....

Other supporters are no different to us, each club has its boo boys and those who can do no wrong.

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Other supporters are no different to us, each club has its boo boys and those who can do no wrong.

Perhaps, I heard Ian Murray say at the weekend that Hibs can be a very difficult place for players. He said it was difficult to explain but that it is a place that can be very hard for a player who struggles to win fans onside . He implied it was different from other clubs he had experienced ..

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Perhaps, I heard Ian Murray say at the weekend that Hibs can be a very difficult place for players. He said it was difficult to explain but that it is a place that can be very hard for a player who struggles to win fans onside . He implied it was different from other clubs he had experienced ..

He played for Norwich and the huns, he hardly experienced many clubs.

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 09:25 PM
He played for Norwich and the huns, he hardly experienced many clubs.

Yes, he clearly knows less about this than us ....pffft

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes, he clearly knows less about this than us ....pffft

Have a look on any other SPL forum, they are all the same.

Shrekko
12-08-2013, 09:30 PM

I'm sure it is in truth.

Obviously I'm not a player but there are things you are aware of at ER that just don't seem to happen at other grounds. The abuse can be incredibly vitriolic early in games, sometimes with booing in the 1st 2/3 minutes. The team always gets booed off at half time and full time if they're behind no matter what the performance level. New players seem to get 2/3 games to make an impact before being written off and moans and groans just seem to heavily outweigh the positive stuff.

In other grounds, particularly the ones on the west, the crowd seem to take it out more on the opposition or the ref. I also don't think there's a ground in the SPFL that empties so quickly or has so few in at the end of games.

So folk honestly think its co-incidence that players seem to perform better elsewhere? Yet we have folk on here who've consistently said its our duty to hound out players who aren't good enough.

Unseen work
12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
And people wonder why the players play without confidence and are reluctant to try things

green day
12-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm sure it is in truth.

Obviously I'm not a player but there are things you are aware of at ER that just don't seem to happen at other grounds. The abuse can be incredibly vitriolic early in games, sometimes with booing in the 1st 2/3 minutes. The team always gets booed off at half time and full time if they're behind no matter what the performance level. New players seem to get 2/3 games to make an impact before being written off and moans and groans just seem to heavily outweigh the positive stuff.

In other grounds, particularly the ones on the west, the crowd seem to take it out more on the opposition or the ref. I also don't think there's a ground in the SPFL that empties so quickly or has so few in at the end of games.

So folk honestly think its co-incidence that players seem to perform better elsewhere? Yet we have folk on here who've consistently said its our duty to hound out players who aren't good enough.

Oh aye, its always our fault, not the crap on the park - the ground empties because we are - for the millionth time - subjected to mibce on the park.

Its a bloody miracle we have any fans at all given our relative lack of success of late and pathetic scottish cup record.

If well paid players cant understand that fans want to see pkayers compete, win, pass, score, tackle - like it means something - then they can do one too.

I think Nid was really on about the board/petrie, by the way.

Shrekko
12-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Oh aye, its always our fault, not the crap on the park - the ground empties because we are - for the millionth time - subjected to mibce on the park.

Its a bloody miracle we have any fans at all given our relative lack of success of late and pathetic scottish cup record.

If well paid players cant understand that fans want to see pkayers compete, win, pass, score, tackle - like it means something - then they can do one too.

I think Nid was really on about the board/petrie, by the way.

Where did I say it was all our fault?

Hibs fans have had more to put up with than fans of any other Scottish club and that probably plays a part. Easter Road being a hard environment for players to develop was/is the point being debated.

J-C
13-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Are you saying he isn't a model pro? His best position is middle of the park

At last someone who also realises this, we continually sign rotten CM's like Deegan, OTJ etc and we have a strong tackling CM at the club already but in the last few managers wisdom, he's seen as some sort of utility man. Just for once play him at CM or LM and allow him to play his natural game.
Last time he played LM in front of McGivern near the end of last season he showed why he should be played there, he covered when McGivern went forward and shored up the threat down that side by doubling up with him in the tackle. Maybe his distribution would be better if the lazy gets in front of him would actually attempt to find space for themselves instead of standing like statues.
He is a ball winning midfielder, lets play him there instead of the ***** other managers bring in to play in that position.

Hibs Class
13-08-2013, 11:15 AM
At last someone who also realises this, we continually sign rotten CM's like Deegan, OTJ etc and we have a strong tackling CM at the club already but in the last few managers wisdom, he's seen as some sort of utility man. Just for once play him at CM or LM and allow him to play his natural game.
Last time he played LM in front of McGivern near the end of last season he showed why he should be played there, he covered when McGivern went forward and shored up the threat down that side by doubling up with him in the tackle. Maybe his distribution would be better if the lazy gets in front of him would actually attempt to find space for themselves instead of standing like statues.
He is a ball winning midfielder, lets play him there instead of the ***** other managers bring in to play in that position.

Been on hols so Saturday will be my first game of the season, but isn't it a bit premature to be describing OTJ as rotten, or has he really been that bad?

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Been on hols so Saturday will be my first game of the season, but isn't it a bit premature to be describing OTJ as rotten, or has he really been that bad?

I burst out laughing at 40 odd minutes on Sunday when he gave away a foul because up until that point I actually didn't even notice he was playing.

Onion
13-08-2013, 11:27 AM

He's been pretty dire. That's the problem of missing a game or two. You always go back thinking it can't be as bad as people say or somehow they'll be ok when I'm watching. Know I do. 15 mins into the game an you get that sinking feeling when you realise they are actually much worse than that.

Hey but sure OTJ will come good .... Maybe just not at Hibs :(

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Where did I say it was all our fault?

Hibs fans have had more to put up with than fans of any other Scottish club and that probably plays a part. Easter Road being a hard environment for players to develop was/is the point being debated.

Talking about ER, it's too big, I am sure it's been discussed before but it's such a waste having the capacity we do.

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Talking about ER, it's too big, I am sure it's been discussed before but it's such a waste having the capacity we do.

No it's not. What do you propose? Closing the FF? The West? The East? South isn't used much, but brings in income when necessary.

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 11:39 AM
No it's not. What do you propose? Closing the FF? The West? The East? South isn't used much, but brings in income when necessary.

I am not suggesting anything, just stating an opinion, how many times has ER been full?

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I am not suggesting anything, just stating an opinion, how many times has ER been full?

My opinion is that's not relevant.

What would the options have been? Build flats on one of the 4 sides? Or sell up and move to Straiton?

lapsedhibee
13-08-2013, 11:46 AM
What would the options have been? Build flats on one of the 4 sides? Or sell up and move to Straiton?

Isn't there a smaller, much more atmospheric, site becoming available quite soon that's a good bit nearer than Straiton? :dunno:

EH54
13-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Lewis to some fans on here and who sit around me is just an escape goat, I don't think hes an amazing player and i do think if hibs were to ever move forward then we would need better quality than Stevenson, but i don't think he's a bad player to have in our team, Stevenson isn't the reason we got humped from Malmo or beaten by Hearts or in the situation that we are in.

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Isn't there a smaller, much more atmospheric, site becoming available quite soon that's a good bit nearer than Straiton? :dunno:

It's a pigsty. ER is atmospheric, swynie only seems more so because they're feral.

Every single throw a hibs player took near section n resulted in him being gobbed on multiple times and the pigs did f'all about it.

J-C
13-08-2013, 11:51 AM

So far 4 games, looking absolutely stinking.

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Lewis to some fans on here and who sit around me is just an escape goat, I don't think hes an amazing player and i do think if hibs were to ever move forward then we would need better quality than Stevenson, but i don't think he's a bad player to have in our team, Stevenson isn't the reason we got humped from Malmo or beaten by Hearts or in the situation that we are in.

No one said he was the reason we lost those two games, probably best to read some posts first.

People glance at the thread title and assume Lewis is being blamed for everything, are we not allowed to have an opinion on his footballing ability? should we keep it to ourselves and never utter a word?

I live in Glasgow, this forum is the only place I get to talk about Hibs, I will post bad things and good things, because of the Internet more people are exposed to these opinions rather than just the 4 mates someone goes to the game with.

Just because I make a thread about Lewis does not mean I hate him, I don't have a vendetta against him, I just don't think he is very good at football.

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 11:53 AM
No one said he was the reason we lost those two games, probably best to read some posts first.

People glance at the thread title and assume Lewis is being blamed for everything, are we not allowed to have an opinion on his footballing ability? should we keep it to ourselves and never utter a word?

I live in Glasgow, this forum is the only place I get to talk about Hibs, I will post bad things and good things, because of the Internet more people are exposed to these opinions rather than just the 4 mates someone goes to the game with.

Just because I make a thread about Lewis does not mean I hate him, I don't have a vendetta against him, I just don't think he is very good at football.

The thread title blames.Lewis.

It's also a sad indictment on some 'Hibs supporters'.

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 11:59 AM
The thread title blames.Lewis.

It's also a sad indictment on some 'Hibs supporters'.

It doesn't blame him for anything, it does question his footballing ability though.

So I am not a real "Hibs supporter" because I don't think Lewis is good at football?

EH54
13-08-2013, 12:00 PM

I also said people who sit around me, reminds me of the Nish sometimes people wanting hibs players to fail so they can get out a few shouts and moans, When ever did i say you can't have an opinion im simply giving mines, Lewis Stevenson at Right back is a problem, I think he can do a job at left back and when asked in midfield.

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I also said people who sit around me, reminds me of the Nish sometimes people wanting hibs players to fail so they can get out a few shouts and moans, When ever did i say you can't have an opinion im simply giving mines, Lewis Stevenson at Right back is a problem, I think he can do a job at left back and when asked in midfield.

Well I can honestly say I have NEVER wanted a Hibs player to fail, don't even understand how anyone that supports Hibs could want that.

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 12:23 PM
It doesn't blame him for anything, it does question his footballing ability though.

So I am not a real "Hibs supporter" because I don't think Lewis is good at football?

Re-read your 1st post, you've been saving the have a go at Lewis post for a long time, a bad result comes along (which, according to your 1st post, wasn't unexpected), you post the have-a-go-at-Lewis post.

You posted it in the immediate aftermath of a bad result. So yes, you were blaming Lewis.

My opinion is it's perfectly valid to discuss the merits of individuals within a match, or post-match, thread. But for anyone to post a thread specifically targetting a player? Unnecessary ... and not really the mark of a "supporter".

SlickShoes
13-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Re-read your 1st post, you've been saving the have a go at Lewis post for a long time, a bad result comes along (which, according to your 1st post, wasn't unexpected), you post the have-a-go-at-Lewis post.

You posted it in the immediate aftermath of a bad result. So yes, you were blaming Lewis.

My opinion is it's perfectly valid to discuss the merits of individuals within a match, or post-match, thread. But for anyone to post a thread specifically targetting a player? Unnecessary ... and not really the mark of a "supporter".

the bad result was a lot worse than expected.

I held off posting before but every other player had a thread of his own, it was time for one about Lewis, he isn't good enough and hasn't been for a long time. He may be a midfielder but we haven't seen him consistently play there for a very long time and in our current sea of midfielders I can't see him back there any time soon.

Posts targeting players are perfectly valid as long as they aren't based on irrational hatred or something else. This has nothing to do with Lewis Stevenson the person, everything to do with Lewis Stevenson Professional Footballer who plays for hibs in public in a job that is open to external criticism.

PatHead
13-08-2013, 12:44 PM
How else can people discuss a player if there is no thread about him? I personally don't have anything against him I just want a better standard of player at Easter Road than Lewis. I don't want him hounded out of Easter Road by idiots shouting at him, just improved upon. Won't shout at him at the game but don't see why it shouldn't be discussed on a thread.

Stantons Angel
13-08-2013, 04:21 PM
hasn't this thread gone on for too long now....... you are still debating the defeat on Sunday and still some of you are blaming Lewis!
for Gawds sake cant we move on now as this is getting so boring!

Lewis will never be everyone's favorite player for one reason or another. He is though a Hibs player, he plays in the green and white strip we all worship. He gives 110% never less and gives us all he has got.

The laddie must feel the pressure of the fans on here every game, that's not helping him or the team we all support.

So please lets move on and look forward not backwards.

Its getting so bad that you are running out of reasons to blame him and have started going around in circles.

Lets move on and support the team?

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2013, 04:27 PM

:faf::faf: Quick get someone to round him up. :wink:

IanFaeClerrie
13-08-2013, 05:34 PM
He is not a midfielder, he is not a right back, he is not a left back, he is not a professional footballer.......... he is not even close to being a SPL level starting 11 player and never really has been.

He had a hellish first half on Sunday and didn't get much better in the second but he was still better than Mullen

He moves and shows for the ball more than anyone else in the team
He passes first time more than the rest of the team put together
The majority of his first touches are attacking, unlike any other player we have - even his headers.
He is a very physical player, third only to Robertson and Thomson on Sunday
He is one of the fittest players we have
He cannot finish to save himself.

75% of our players deserve your attention before Lewis.

Speedway
13-08-2013, 05:39 PM
:faf::faf: Quick get someone to round him up. :wink:

I wish he would ******* escape.

IanFaeClerrie
13-08-2013, 06:04 PM
He should never play for us again, he is a loser! He is not a RB, LB or a Midfielder! He can't tackle, he can't pass, he is too small to win a header, I just don't see what he offers the team!

apart from the fact that in almost every game he plays, he is in the top two or three performers in the team.

IanFaeClerrie
13-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Lewis Stevenson IS GARBAGE.

He epitomises what is wrong at the club.

Nope - you epitomise what is wrong at the club. Just like our manager, you wouldn't know a good player if you saw one and your priorities are misplaced. Based on performance, there are many players before Lewis who need to be 'fixed'

jdships
13-08-2013, 06:44 PM
hasn't this thread gone on for too long now....... you are still debating the defeat on Sunday and still some of you are blaming Lewis!
for Gawds sake cant we move on now as this is getting so boring!

Lewis will never be everyone's favorite player for one reason or another. He is though a Hibs player, he plays in the green and white strip we all worship. He gives 110% never less and gives us all he has got.

The laddie must feel the pressure of the fans on here every game, that's not helping him or the team we all support.

So please lets move on and look forward not backwards.

Its getting so bad that you are running out of reasons to blame him and have started going around in circles.

Lets move on and support the team?

:top marks :thumbsup: :agree:

Well said !!
there were ten others in the starting XI equally culpable ( could perhaps exempt Williams ) on Sunday
This lad is a Hibbee from head to toe and a cracking lad
GET OFF HIS BACK PLEASE

Please don't anyone come back with the old chestnut " we are allowed to voice an opinion " this has turned into a character assasanation thread :rolleyes:

TrinityHibs
13-08-2013, 07:40 PM
the bad result was a lot worse than expected.

I held off posting before but every other player had a thread of his own, it was time for one about Lewis, he isn't good enough and hasn't been for a long time. He may be a midfielder but we haven't seen him consistently play there for a very long time and in our current sea of midfielders I can't see him back there any time soon.

Posts targeting players are perfectly valid as long as they aren't based on irrational hatred or something else. This has nothing to do with Lewis Stevenson the person, everything to do with Lewis Stevenson Professional Footballer who plays for hibs in public in a job that is open to external criticism.

Now I think I am losing it. Every other player had a thread. Is there another ultra secret PM forum that I cannot access or do I have the earliesh onset of dementia? Where are the individual threads kicking lumps out of Vine, Mullen and Tudor(the invisible man)Jones? Nothing against OTJ just he might have had a poor game just missed it

Skol
13-08-2013, 09:24 PM

Brilliant

EH54
14-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Brilliant

sorry i must apologise *scapegoat*

:giruy:

Brightside
14-08-2013, 11:50 AM
McGivern cost us the goal against Hearts. Yet we have a thread battering an honest hard working professional again. I'd love to see the boy played at LM again as i think he can do a decent job for us. We also have people that say that OTJ is garbage already... WTF is going on in peoples heads. He is being played in front of the back 4 and doing his very dull role well. The players are doing exactly what the manager is telling them to do. PLEASE JUST TRY TO SUPPORT THE PLAYERS.

Phil MaGlass
14-08-2013, 11:54 AM
lewis is by far NOT the worst at ER, like someone on here said hes been made an escape goat:greengrin for alot.Is he the new Torolano? will he win the fans round, find out in next weeks enthralling thriller of lets kick a player cos hes an easy target.

SlickShoes
14-08-2013, 11:56 AM
McGivern cost us the goal against Hearts. Yet we have a thread battering an honest hard working professional again. I'd love to see the boy played at LM again as i think he can do a decent job for us. We also have people that say that OTJ is garbage already... WTF is going on in peoples heads. He is being played in front of the back 4 and doing his very dull role well. The players are doing exactly what the manager is telling them to do. PLEASE JUST TRY TO SUPPORT THE PLAYERS.

Original thread is from the Malmo game and was brought about by me not being impressed with his performances over the last few years.

Everyone in the team looks garbage this year so far, can you really blame any fans for thinking that X player is awful? Currently none of them show a glimmer of what made them footballers before coming to Hibs.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Nope - you epitomise what is wrong at the club. Just like our manager, you wouldn't know a good player if you saw one and your priorities are misplaced. Based on performance, there are many players before Lewis who need to be 'fixed'

Getting hacked off with the Lewis haters.

Brightside
14-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Original thread is from the Malmo game and was brought about by me not being impressed with his performances over the last few years.

Everyone in the team looks garbage this year so far, can you really blame any fans for thinking that X player is awful? Currently none of them show a glimmer of what made them footballers before coming to Hibs.

Could you drive your car from the back seats? Now imagine how the players feel. KT was very obv biting his tongue when asked about Fenlon after the Hearts game. I know for a fact that other players are totally fed up with what is happening on the pitch. But these are decent SPL standard players ALL OF THEM. They are not shiyite, garbage or any other rubbish thats spouted on here and worse at the games. There are even so called Hibs Fans abusing their own players on Twitter. I honestly wish the 100s of fans who seem to delight in slagging off players would just go and never come back.

RyeSloan
14-08-2013, 12:32 PM

You can have a negative opinion about a player without being a hater you know.

Lewis is a limited player who shows little potential of improving any further. He lacks pace as well as physical presence and his passing is hesitant. He puts in a shift though and knows how to play his position but honestly I don't see him adding quality to the side.

No doubt he can play in the SPL but then so can David Van Zanten.

SlickShoes
14-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Could you drive your car from the back seats? Now imagine how the players feel. KT was very obv biting his tongue when asked about Fenlon after the Hearts game. I know for a fact that other players are totally fed up with what is happening on the pitch. But these are decent SPL standard players ALL OF THEM. They are not shiyite, garbage or any other rubbish thats spouted on here and worse at the games. There are even so called Hibs Fans abusing their own players on Twitter. I honestly wish the 100s of fans who seem to delight in slagging off players would just go and never come back.

I am not abusing any hibs players though, just because you see others doing it doesn't mean that this thread is full of it.

Blindly backing the team no matter what is not support, it's stupidity.

I am not a professional footballer so my opinion doesn't matter? Are you a professional footballer? why should your opinion that they are all "decent standard SPL players" be regarded above mine then?

Brightside
14-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I am not abusing any hibs players though, just because you see others doing it doesn't mean that this thread is full of it.

I am not a professional footballer so my opinion doesn't matter? Are you a professional footballer? why should your opinion that they are all "decent standard SPL players" be regarded above mine then?

Im not a Pro football player. My knees forced me to retire from the game. :greengrin I do have my coaching badges though ergo I much better than you. :na na:

Treadstone
14-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Im not a Pro football player. My knees forced me to retire from the game. :greengrin I do have my coaching badges though ergo I much better than you. :na na:

Alex Ferguson doesn't have any coaching badges.

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Hopefully, you're doing a fantastic job at what you're paid to do. If you have a boss, he might not see your regular posting on hibs.net as particularly professional.

Meantime, Lewis.plays football, is paid for it, never shirks, which makes.him 100% a professional footballer.

Paisley Hibby
14-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Good post. There's no doubt in my mind that if we even had just an adequate manger we would be doing well. However, looks like our Board is as clueless as our current manager. Even if they sack Fenlon I'd have no confidence in them being able to pick anybody better.

SlickShoes
14-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Hopefully, you're doing a fantastic job at what you're paid to do. If you have a boss, he might not see your regular posting on hibs.net as particularly professional.

Meantime, Lewis.plays football, is paid for it, never shirks, which makes.him 100% a professional footballer.

I am doing a good job at work, thanks for asking! My job is not something that people pay money to see performed in public though so is hardly relevant in this conversation.

I have been fair here, and you now try to attack me for not doing my job properly because I post on an Internet forum about football, a forum specifically designed for people to discuss their opinions on everything hibs related.

FYI: I am not at work just now.

jdships
14-08-2013, 01:26 PM

:thumbsup::agree:
Thankfully all down to personal opinions !
Just wonder what LS's , and any other player being torn to bits , thoughts are if he/they read's these posts :greengrin

Spike Mandela
14-08-2013, 01:29 PM
sorry i must apologise *scapegoat*

:giruy:

It's alright he does at times resemble an escaped goat when playing.:greengrin

Brightside
14-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Alex Ferguson doesn't have any coaching badges.

Aye - luckily his coaches did! :wink:

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I am doing a good job at work, thanks for asking! My job is not something that people pay money to see performed in public though so is hardly relevant in this conversation.

I have been fair here, and you now try to attack me for not doing my job properly because I post on an Internet forum about football, a forum specifically designed for people to discuss their opinions on everything hibs related.

FYI: I am not at work just now.

I'm glad to hear it, but I didn't 'attack' you - I just pretty much posed a question, same as you did.

I answered your thread title question "Lewis Stevenson - Professional footballer?"

He plays football for a living, therefore he is a professional footballer.

Time to delete this sh i te thread, and start supporting our players. They might not be the best, but we're here to support them until such time as the managerial incumbent decides otherwise or is removed himself.

Posting threads ripping our players is pathetic and sad.

SlickShoes
14-08-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm glad to hear it, but I didn't 'attack' you - I just pretty much posed a question, same as you did.

I answered your thread title question "Lewis Stevenson - Professional footballer?"

He plays football for a living, therefore he is a professional footballer.

Time to delete this sh i te thread, and start supporting our players. They might not be the best, but we're here to support them until such time as the managerial incumbent decides otherwise or is removed himself.

Posting threads ripping our players is pathetic and sad.

All opinions are fine as long as they are yours. Nice one Saddam.

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 02:00 PM
All opinions are fine as long as they are yours. Nice one Saddam.

I think, in recent political contexts, that it was George dubya Bush that said "you're either with us, or against us". But hey ho, eh? I can see you're probably into trashing the middle east as well.

Itsnoteasy
14-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Ad have stevenson before hanlon and day of the week.

I'd have Benny Brazil b4 them 2

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2013, 03:06 PM

He's pretty plsh though in all honesty....

Shrekko
14-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Just wonder what LS's , and any other player being torn to bits , thoughts are if he/they read's these posts :greengrin

True.

I hope McPake doesn't get upset reading you constantly ripping into him this past year :greengrin

MrRobot
14-08-2013, 05:07 PM
To me, Stevenson is a good reliable player who always gives 100%. He isn't the best player in the squad but probably has the best attitude. Won't ever moan at what position he has to play. I've always felt playing just behind the midfield is his best position, he always goes in for a challenge, doesn't pussy out like a lot of others do.

He has been effective on the left too. Always felt when Deel was back at the club, they linked pretty well on that side. Far worse players in the team than him. Completely professional attitude at all times from him. If he could get a run of games sticking to one position then I think alot of the haters could be proven wrong.

Brightside
14-08-2013, 05:21 PM
He's pretty plsh though in all honesty....

Luckily you're no going back tho eh. :wink:

Kris1875
14-08-2013, 05:49 PM
I like Stevenson he's a good squad player , he doesn't hide and is happy to put the foot in when required . He's also at ease receiving the ball whilst marked by one or two players and happy to charge forward when he can . Sunday wasn't one of his best games to be fair and I do believe that a professional player should be able to use both feet and i wish he would have a dig at goal more but he's definitely not the worst Hibs player there is .

silverhibee
14-08-2013, 06:13 PM

Think you already no the answer to that. :wink:

jdships
14-08-2013, 06:34 PM
True.

I hope McPake doesn't get upset reading you constantly ripping into him this past year :greengrin

If you care to go back and read my posts I have NEVER "RIPPED" into McPake as you call it
Yes I have passed an opinion that he is not up to the job be it by ability or injury but have never used the language used to "describe " LS
With LS it has become close to character asassanation :rolleyes:

:flag:

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Luckily you're no going back tho eh. :wink:

Not anytime soon no..

Club have my cash, I'm fed up of having my weekends ruined by watching Hibs & substandard players like LS..

jdships
14-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Not anytime soon no..

Club have my cash, I'm fed up of having my weekends ruined by watching Hibs & substandard players like LS..

Feel the same but would include another 15/20 players , not just LS
:agree:

Shrekko
14-08-2013, 07:12 PM
If you care to go back and read my posts I have NEVER "RIPPED" into McPake as you call it
Yes I have passed an opinion that he is not up to the job be it by ability or injury but have never used the language used to "describe " LS
With LS it has become close to character asassanation :rolleyes:

:flag:
There's 13 pages on this thread- can you quote me some examples of Lewis having his character assassinated?

I can only see folk saying he's either good enough or not good enough in their opinion- just like you pass opinion (constantly) on McPake.

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Feel the same but would include another 15/20 players , not just LS

When I watch the other 15/20, for the most part of them, they have something about them that sets them apart from the equivalent if a extra fit junior player..

LS has nothing in his locker other than that he "gives his all" and "tries really hard" and "is a worker" etc etc..

Not a great passer, no great pace, can't shoot, can't head, technically poor, not the best tackler and no guile or skill....

Can see the same if not better technical standard player in junior/senior games

Not what I expect to be a pretty penny at Hibs to watch :rolleyes:

jdships
14-08-2013, 07:18 PM
There's 13 pages on this thread- can you quote me some examples of Lewis having his character assassinated?

I can only see folk saying he's either good enough or not good enough in their opinion- just like you pass opinion (constantly) on McPake.

This has become a somewhat pointless discussion so will just let you have the last word if it will make you happy .:rolleyes:
I respect your right to an opinion just as I am

:greengrin:wink:

Shrekko
14-08-2013, 07:25 PM
This has become a somewhat pointless discussion so will just let you have the last word if it will make you happy .:rolleyes:
I respect your right to an opinion just as I am

:greengrin:wink:

Ok- so ZERO examples of your 'character assasination' claim then? Well done.

You only respect people's opinions when they match yours. Otherwise you mock.

You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

jdships
14-08-2013, 07:40 PM

One nil to you
Good night
:cb

Tricla
17-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Wee Lewis has been great today. Especially after being moved out of position.

Well done wee man.

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Wee Lewis has been great today. Especially after being moved out of position.

Well done wee man.

He didn't put a foot wrong at RB today

Septimus
17-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Lewis had a really good game today. Well done.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Lewis had a really good game today. Well done.

Carefull now. You'll get strung up :-)

allezsauzee
17-08-2013, 04:19 PM
This will be one of the performances conveniently forgotten by the folk that slate Lewis. Had Mackay-Steven in his pocket just as he did at Tannadice last season when we drew 2-2

Callum_62
17-08-2013, 04:22 PM
This will be one of the performances conveniently forgotten by the folk that slate Lewis. Had Mackay-Steven in his pocket just as he did at Tannadice last season when we drew 2-2

he certainly did.

Gotta say fair play to Pat with making the change....surely knew he was in for pelters....Mullen would have been red carded, or a goal from his side was coming

Hindsight, he shouldn't have started Mullen, but thank christ he changed it, as Lewis was excellent there

Brightside
17-08-2013, 04:26 PM
he certainly did.

Gotta say fair play to Pat with making the change....surely knew he was in for pelters....Mullen would have been red carded, or a goal from his side was coming

Hindsight, he shouldn't have started Mullen, but thank christ he changed it, as Lewis was excellent there

Outstanding from Lewis today. That is why he is in the squad. 110% from him even when playing out of position. Humble pie required for some. Also outstanding from Paul Hanlon. But haters keep hating eh. :confused:

Carheenlea
17-08-2013, 04:28 PM
A very decent performance from Lewis today, can be pleased with his contribution.

allezsauzee
17-08-2013, 04:29 PM
he certainly did.

You better watch yourself...not the done thing to Fenlon credit for anything at all at the moment! I completely agree with you though!

Bobby's Cinema
17-08-2013, 04:30 PM
yup Lewis adjusted well today to inexplicably being strung up there AGAIN by Pat

bawheid
17-08-2013, 04:31 PM
he certainly did.

So, well done Lewis and well done Pat?

Callum_62
17-08-2013, 04:34 PM
yup Lewis adjusted well today to inexplicably being strung up there AGAIN by Pat

maybe Pats just solved one of our defensive headaches.... :wink::greengrin

similar to the 'Matty Jack' role....who was actually a centre half....maybe right back will now be called 'The Stevenson Solution'

Seveno
17-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Well done, Lewis. Another great performance , snuffing out their danger man to the point here he got subbed. Not bad for a left footer at right back.

thebakerboy
17-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Hope all those "FANS" who bood at the change that moved wee Lewis to RB ate their words at full time and applauded his sterling effort in keeping McH/Smith quiet and even stopping an almost certain goal with a superb tackle. Well done wee man.

Up The Bracket
17-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Fantastic today, definitely our best bet at RB

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Really happy for Lewis. Doesn't deserve the bile he gets in here.

HibbyAndy
17-08-2013, 05:20 PM
played well.

calamitus
17-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I thought he was our best player today.

VivaHiberņa
17-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I thought it was very unfair on Stevenson to make him play on the right - again - so was more than impressed when he put in what would have been a MOTM performance had it not been for Handling.

clerriehibs
17-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Hope all those "FANS" who bood at the change that moved wee Lewis to RB ate their words at full time and applauded his sterling effort in keeping McH/Smith quiet and even stopping an almost certain goal with a superb tackle. Well done wee man.

I'm a big supporter of lewis, but they weren't booing him;they were booing that he was being shafted again, and you could visibly see his disappointment at being switched.

A measure of the man that he still stuck at it, and played really well. Still one of the few to ALWAYS show for the ball.

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm a big supporter of lewis, but they weren't booing him;they were booing that he was being shafted again, and you could visibly see his disappointment at being switched.

A measure of the man that he still stuck at it, and played really well. Still one of the few to ALWAYS show for the ball.

I hope he realised that.

The_Exile
17-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Agreed, he was a rock today, really feel for him though, he's a victim of his own versatility.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Guy gives 100% the stuff that gets chucked at him is very harsh. Along with 100% he's a solid player who I'd have on the team sheet every week.

Aldo
17-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Guy gives 100% the stuff that gets chucked at him is very harsh. Along with 100% he's a solid player who I'd have on the team sheet every week.

This

ColintonHibs
17-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Very well played from lewis today :agree:

Newcastlehibby
17-08-2013, 05:54 PM

Definition of Character assasination - A vicious personal verbal attack intended to destroy or damage a public figure's reputation.Here are some quotes and just from page 1:
He is not a professional footballer
But he is and will always be pish
He is garbage, totally garbage
players such as Stevenson....... are part of the reason why Hibs have been so poor
Joker
Utterly dreadful player who sums up the complete mediocrity that some hibs fans utterly revel in (stupid remark)
He's bloody dreadful
He's Gash.

I think you will find that is rather good evidence of character assassination.

He could run rings round anyone on who posts on this board.

pedroorange1875
17-08-2013, 05:57 PM

I booed Pat Fenlon for the disgraceful lack of tactical and personnel awareness he has. Lewis Stevenson is not a right back and even looked gutted at being moved there. If the player can see it what on earth is the manager doing.

Lewis played very well today given the circumstances, and is no doubt a great hard working guy, but the simple fact is that if Hibs are to move on to the next level that we all crave Lewis Stevenson will not take us there, neither will Mullen, Hanlon and definitely not Fenlon

Onion
17-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Really happy for Lewis. Doesn't deserve the bile he gets in here.

Yes he does, but had a great second half today - well done. :wink:

Sanger
17-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Probably our most consistent player last season but we all seem to have forgot that. Of course last year's whipping boy , Spoony, is now the player we should have given a contract to given his fine form at The Saints where he does not have to put with pile from the stands every week.

Brightside
17-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I booed Pat Fenlon for the disgraceful lack of tactical and personnel awareness he has. Lewis Stevenson is not a right back and even looked gutted at being moved there. If the player can see it what on earth is the manager doing.

Lewis played very well today given the circumstances, and is no doubt a great hard working guy, but the simple fact is that if Hibs are to move on to the next level that we all crave Lewis Stevenson will not take us there, neither will Mullen, Hanlon and definitely not Fenlon

This is just tosh. Hanlon was foot perfect today. Lewis had a great game also. These boys have no chance tho with some of the fans who know the square root of zero about football.

Aldo
17-08-2013, 06:19 PM
This is just tosh. Hanlon was foot perfect today. Lewis had a great game also. These boys have no chance tho with some of the fans who know the square root of zero about football.

Hanlon, Lewis, Mullen yet no dig at Vine for his performances.

Easy targets for the boo boys (and girls)

clerriehibs
17-08-2013, 06:27 PM

And still the digs are made. Give it up.

hibsbollah
17-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I know for a fact that Lewis reads hibs.net. I hope he's enjoying some of this :agree:

clerriehibs
17-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I know for a fact that Lewis reads hibs.net. I hope he's enjoying some of this :agree:

I hope he's never gone near this nonsensically titled thread.

allezsauzee
17-08-2013, 06:52 PM
I have to laugh at the people that supposedly booed Pat Fenlon for tactical ineptness/shafting Lewis Stevenson or for ever BS reason they want to say it was. Some of them seemed to wanted a young central defender with only a few games under his belt to played against United's most potent attacker, but instead our supposedly hopeless manager moved a player who this thread seems to be suggesting may not be good enough to play professional football at all and guess what? IT WORKED A TREAT!
:pfgwa

pedroorange1875
17-08-2013, 06:54 PM

aye because we are really moving on with those player, but ill leave it up to you sir alex

jdships
17-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Simply want to say WELL DONE LS
You put in some shift today

:not worth

LioNeilMessi
17-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Very impressive from Stevenson today, just like he has been on many occasions over the years. :agree:

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I actually feel sorry for him. He's a midfielder who plays a lot of positions for Hibs. On one hand it stops him holding down a regular position, on the other he's getting regular game time. You wouldn't ask Leigh Griffiths to play lefft back on a regular basis, even though he's got a great left foot, so why ask Lewis to play positions, which are not natural for him.
Lewis, hope you let Mackay-Stevens out your pocket on the way home!

Iggy Pope
17-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I have to laugh at the people that supposedly booed Pat Fenlon for tactical ineptness/shafting Lewis Stevenson or for ever BS reason they want to say it was. Some of them seemed to wanted a young central defender with only a few games under his belt to played against United's most potent attacker, but instead our supposedly hopeless manager moved a player who this thread seems to be suggesting may not be good enough to play professional football at all and guess what? IT WORKED A TREAT!
:pfgwa

Was it exactly the same tactical move (bringing off a RB on a cert of a Red Card, wasting a sub, shuffling the back 4) that worked so well last week too? Been loathe to bash Fenlon, but the same mistake two weeks running?

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 07:41 PM

P!sh

Iggy Pope
17-08-2013, 07:45 PM

He deserves the bile he gets on here?

Is Onion a nickname or just your species?

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 08:00 PM

:faf:

J-C
17-08-2013, 08:02 PM

Class answer :top marks:greengrin

Swedish hibee
17-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I agree. I thought Lewis was fab in the 2nd half :aok:

kentao
17-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Would like to see Lewis given a chance at LM in a 442 with Mcgivern in at LB. The two of them have terrific engines to get up and down the pitch all game. They can both defend and both have a decent delivery into the box. It would give us the much needed width we have been needing and allowing Collins and Caldwell to attack the crosses.

Leighonel
17-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Stevenson was brilliant against gms at tanadice last season. Gms had to move across in that game just like he did today. I dont quite understand the abuse stevenson gets. In fenlons first half season he was good and consistently performed last season when called upon, in any of the positions asked of him cm, lb, rb or lm. He does needs to be more confident on his right foot.

Ricky Bobby
17-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I think there is no problem with constructive criticism of any player, but it is far more important to praise players when they perform and i have to say Stevensons attitude today was first class, never a complaint when asked to switch sides because one of his team mates has been chewed up for arse paper by Mackay-Steven. Then dominated the United player in the second half and always showed for the ball.
Well done Louis.

SlickShoes
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Dear Lewis,

Keep it up, fantastic work!

I love you!

SlickShoes

Jonnyboy
02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Dear Lewis,

I love you!

SlickShoes

:faf:

hibee_girl
02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Dear Lewis,

I love you!

SlickShoes

The Harp Awakes
02-01-2014, 11:57 PM

Lewis has kept the Hibee spirit going through some dark years. Now his spirit and determination has been displayed by his teamates. Terry Butcher has a lot to do with that of course. Take a bow Lewis. Great performance tonight.

matty_f
03-01-2014, 12:10 AM
I love Lewis Stevenson. Just putting that out there.

Mikeystewart
03-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Has a Hibs player ever survived such a mass of collective animosity (which i humbly admit a decent ammount of came from me) and fought back to become a fans favorite over the course of 2 weeks?

Even if he doesn't keep this form up, he needs to be applauded for his efforts so far to turn it around.

I just hope that the animosity doesn't return as soon as he has a dip in form.

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Very impressive from Stevenson today, just like he has been on many occasions over the years. :agree:

Possible next Flag for the MYB? :cb

snooky
03-01-2014, 12:46 AM
"Lewi, Lew-eye, oh oh, we gotta goal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vae_AkLb4Q

HoboHarry
03-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I love Lewis Stevenson. Just putting that out there.
Not sure that I love him but if he comes round ma hoose tonight he can **** my wife if he wants too...... :greengrin

WestEndHibee
03-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Possible next Flag for the MYB? :cb

Could be slightly long winded for us. We struggled to paint one badge :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Could be slightly long winded for us. We struggled to paint one badge :greengrin

Could just write 'Stevenson' on a flag... :cb

Borderhibbie76
03-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Has been an absolute star since TB took over...ive always liked his commitment in the past but he looks like a diff player bombing forward at every opportunity. Great to hear crowd chanting his name...real unsung hero

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cjward2
03-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Would like to see Lewis given a chance at LM in a 442 with Mcgivern in at LB. The two of them have terrific engines to get up and down the pitch all game. They can both defend and both have a decent delivery into the box. It would give us the much needed width we have been needing and allowing Collins and Caldwell to attack the crosses.

Looks like you are right. It seems to be working.

MichelleHibs
03-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Last player off the pitch last night, completely savouring the atmosphere! Deservedly so!! Hopefully many more of them to come for him!!