PDA

View Full Version : Enough about Fenlon (for now) - What about the "Players" Tonight

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 11:03 PM
It's not that they didn't try, its just that they were MILES behind Malmo (embarassingly so) in :-

1. Ability
2. Fitness
3. Pace

Why were we so far behind them ? They are not world beaters FFS and the mighty St Johnstone beat Rosenburg (who are well into their season also).

Fenlon isn't the answer, but these bunch of goons wearing green and white need to take a good long hard look at themselves.

At the risk of sounding like Jock Wallace, perhaps a spell of hard sustained running down at Gullane Sand Dunes (as opposed to life at the nice cosy training centre) could be the answer ?????

Massive problems at Hibs from a playing point of view (we managed to finish in the bottom 6 last season WITH Griffiths in the team) and I don't think it will take Hearts too long to make up the 15 point gap on the basis of what I saw tonight from these bunch of losers.

As always, a great support.......but as for the players, you are a disgrace. :grr::grr:

wookie70
25-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Positional sense
passion
pride
a plan
organisation
comunication
movement

Shorter to say they lacked everything you would want in a group of professional players. To a man they were awful

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Positional sense
passion
pride
a plan
organisation
comunication
movement

Shorter to say they lacked everything you would want in a group of professional players. To a man they were awful

Exactly - if they think they are good players and have "made it" they couldnt be more wrong !

Embarassment and a digrace - they should donate their wages for tonight's debacle to charity.

Jones28
25-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm struggling to find any postive things about any players tonight. The only thing I can think of is that Mullen looked decent when he came on.

Hibercelona
25-07-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't think the players went out with any plan or clue on what to do. I don't think they were instructed on what they had to do. Every single one of them looked lost for 90 minutes.

Malmos movement off the ball was exquisite. Our movement off the ball was none existent. Hibs players were caught in possession time and time again, because everyone else was standing still. There was no urgency to find space and to give the player in possession any support going forward.

The only player that looked switched on was the player in possession, while the other 10 would switch off.

Off the ball movement is such a basic necessity at this level of football, yet we've been sorely lacking in this department for far too long.

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't think the players went out with any plan or clue on what to do. I don't think they were instructed on what they had to do. Every single one of them looked lost for 90 minutes.

Malmos movement off the ball was exquisite. Our movement off the ball was none existent. Hibs players were caught in possession time and time again, because everyone else was standing still. There was no urgency to find space and to give the player in possession any support going forward.

The only player that looked switched on was the player in possession, while the other 10 would switch off.

Off the ball movement is such a basic necessity at this level of football, yet we've been sorely lacking in this department for far too long.

Agreed.

J-C
26-07-2013, 12:06 AM

100%
You'd have thought after last week they would've had a game plan, knowing who to mark, who was the danger men etc etc but in the end they just looked like wee lost boys, Fenlon at fault for not giving them the tactics to deal with Malmo, forget this halfway through the season, they're fitter than us nonsense, St Johnstone managed it against a very good Rosenburg side.

The Voice Of Reason
26-07-2013, 12:17 AM
100%
You'd have thought after last week they would've had a game plan, knowing who to mark, who was the danger men etc etc but in the end they just looked like wee lost boys, Fenlon at fault for not giving them the tactics to deal with Malmo, forget this halfway through the season, they're fitter than us nonsense, St Johnstone managed it against a very good Rosenburg side.

Spot on - the St J result is the most damning thing about the debacle/embarassment at Easter Road tonight.

Fenlon Must Go.

Enough is enough.

brian6-2
26-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Not 1 of them fit to wear the green.

Onion
26-07-2013, 07:41 AM

:agree: agreed