PDA

View Full Version : 16,018 kicked in the teeth

theonlywayisup
25-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Good turn-out by the fans, but how badly were we all kicked in the teeth.

It is not easy being a Hibs fan!

LancashireHibby
25-07-2013, 10:46 PM
15,800 Hibs fans must be the highest in a LONG time?

Pretty Boy
25-07-2013, 10:46 PM
If supporters loyalty and backing won games then we'd be Champions League contenders over the last couple of years.

The way we keep taking each kick in the teeth and coming back to support the club is a credit.

Hibs07p
25-07-2013, 10:47 PM
15,800 Hibs fans must be the highest in a LONG time?

And probably not to be repeated for a long time.
GGTTH

Sir David Gray
25-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I would be amazed if we got an attendance at Easter Road that's anywhere near that for the rest of the season.

Big opportunity tonight to entice a lot of these people back through the turnstiles on a regular basis.

No chance of that happening now.

pedroorange1875
25-07-2013, 10:48 PM
At least one member of the team rose to the occasion

itslegaltender
25-07-2013, 10:49 PM
The frustrating thing is that this was such a great opportunity to entice some of these fans back to the first games of the season. Instead we get a complete humiliation against an above average Swedish team. Opportunity missed.

malcky
25-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I would be amazed if we got an attendance at Easter Road that's anywhere near that for the rest of the season.

Big opportunity tonight to entice a lot of these people back through the turnstiles on a regular basis.

Absolutely no chance nightmare performance cup final all over again

hibby6270
25-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Sadly, almost half of those won't be back in a hurry. Even if we had put up some sort of fight and still got beat by a smaller margin, we may have salvaged a wee bit of pride and a big bit of of those extra fans.
The atmosphere at the start was a carry forward from the end of the Cup Final. Really sent a tingle through you. How quickly it turned to abject despair, only for it to pick up again in that last 5-10 minutes. The Oles from our fans every time we touched the ball after their 7th was great to hear - even it was a tad tongue in cheek.

hibs6270uk
25-07-2013, 11:05 PM

I have to admit that this for me has got to be the real worry at ER. We all know that we need to strengthen in certain areas and can only do so with the finances that nights like tonight bring. Any potential uptake on season tickets or walk ups after that tonight has got to be minimal when in fact if there had been a better performance, taking nothing away from a very entertaining side in Malmo, there may well have been a bit of an uptake.

Another shot in the foot after the supporters back the team which is after all what was asked for. The team simply didn't deliver, even against a very impressive Malmo side.

From what I saw tonight even a fully capable Hibs team would have been hard pushed by Malmo however the ease at which they won is very concerning and has to be a real concern for the powers at be.

KWJ
25-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I'd say we've a better chance of exceeding that number than usual.

Despite that result it's not too hard to see us competing towards the top of the league this season and if we can go on a decent run then the fans will slowly increase.

If Hearts are particularly struggling I don't think there's many that would willingly stay at home when the time came around to play them at Easter Road. Perhaps pushing it but there could even be Hibs fans in the south as they are not going to want to turn up for that one.

This result was horrible, truly horrible. But the Dundee Utd defeat at the start of last season showed no indication as to how we'd perform over the next 4 months. Here's hoping for that type of rebound.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Surprisingly good turn-out, the one bright spot I suppose, though a lot probably wont be in a rush to go back.

NOLA
26-07-2013, 01:25 AM
huge game and another embarrassing result, I think this will be a damaging result for the club, how many fans will say "****** this" some wont be back for a long while ;(

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2013, 01:33 AM

True. Inevitably some who aren't regulars will decide not to part with their cash again to watch that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2013, 01:34 AM
We will never see a crowd at ER like that again for a LONG time imo.

edinburghhibee
26-07-2013, 01:58 AM

Despite that result it's not too hard to see us competing towards the top of the league this season and if we can go on a decent run then the fans will slowly increase.

Your on the happy pills right???

We have just been smashed off a bang average team who only had one route to goal which was to get the the byline and cut it back??!!???

If hibs can't deal with that after already playing one game against the same team one week before that's embarrassing.

Just_Jimmy
26-07-2013, 02:14 AM

We have just been smashed off a bang average team who only had one route to goal which was to get the the byline and cut it back??!!???

If hibs can't deal with that after already playing one game against the same team one week before that's embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, that was a shambles but they were never "bang average".

they'd have roasted any side in the SPL tonight, Celtic apart maybe. They are also a better side than the side St Johnstone beat (which takes nout away from their fantastic result and provides us no excuse or comfort).

I think there are the best side we'll play this season.

PerfectlyFranck
26-07-2013, 02:18 AM

they'd have roasted any side in the SPL tonight, Celtic apart maybe. They are also a better side than the side St Johnstone beat (which takes nout away from their fantastic result and provides us no excuse or comfort).

Drogheda weren't the lesser side against Malmö. They wouldn't have roasted a marshmallow in the SPL, but luckily for them, they got Hibs.

edinburghhibee
26-07-2013, 02:20 AM

How many times have you watched them play?

Regardless i disagree completely, I'll stand by my quote that they are an average team (as are all the teams in sweden) since I've watched them regularly over the last couple of years (Scottish football is getting there though).

Keep up the good work Doncaster another wage raise next year!!!!

spike220
26-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Never have so many paid so much to watch so few do so little.

Just_Jimmy
26-07-2013, 02:47 AM

Regardless i disagree completely, I'll stand by my quote that they are an average team (as are all the teams in sweden) since I've watched them regularly over the last couple of years (Scottish football is getting there though).

I saw them for 90 mins tonight and by my original point, tonight they were never "bang average". Hibs were poor that is beyond dispute but that Malmo team played excellent football and their passing and movement was excellent. If they hadn't been destroying us I'd have enjoyed it.

They most likely get beat by Swansea but I stand by what I said and whilst it does not make up for the poor performance by Hibs. They are the best side we'll face this season.

ChooseLife
26-07-2013, 02:56 AM
I agree that this was an opportunity missed to entice those fans to come along again, getting beat 0-7 will make the extras who came last night continue to stay at home and it's probably going to effect the number of regulars too, but the current hibs board, management and players don't deserve crowds above 7-8K, I renewed after the yam final, and I decided not to renew after this year mainly because we had the chance to sign Leigh for next to nothing and we didn't, I can't describe how happy I am that I didn't.

No more having to worry if I can get the night off from work to attend games that I've already paid for :greengrin
No more £50 on travel, food and drink per match :thumbsup:

being a hibby does sometimes have its benefits!

Pete
26-07-2013, 03:03 AM
I saw them for 90 mins tonight and by my original point, tonight they were never "bang average". Hibs were poor that is beyond dispute but that Malmo team played excellent football and their passing and movement was excellent. If they hadn't been destroying us I'd have enjoyed it.

They most likely get beat by Swansea but I stand by what I said and whilst it does not make up for the poor performance by Hibs. They are the best side we'll face this season.

Agree with all that and especially the highlighted.

All this talk about Drogheda, St. Johnstone and Rosenborg is irrelevant. Different matches in different situations and it's like saying we are better than Barcelona because we beat the team that beat Celtic who beat Barcelona a few weeks earlier.

Malmo might be "bang average" in a European context but put them in the SPL and they would probably finish a good ten points above a Celtic side who appear to have eaten themselves and the rest of Scottish football with it.

spike220
26-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Agree with all that and especially the highlighted.

All this talk about Drogheda, St. Johnstone and Rosenborg is irrelevant. Different matches in different situations and it's like saying we are better than Barcelona because we beat the team that beat Celtic who beat Barcelona a few weeks earlier.

Malmo might be "bang average" in a European context but put them in the SPL and they would probably finish a good ten points above a Celtic side who appear to have eaten themselves and the rest of Scottish football with it. You speak some good sense there my man. Now what are doing on hibs net may I ask?

KWJ
26-07-2013, 03:49 AM

It's one, albeit horrific, game. We'll lose other games but we're going to win our fair share as well. I don't think it's too inconceivable for us to move up the league. If , as we all imagine, Hearts are truly rotten this year then I can't imagine any Hibee missing a chance to see us batter them at ER.

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2013, 07:24 AM

Malmo are never an average team,the Swedish game (like the most Scandinavian countries) are miles ahead of any Scottish teams and that includes sellik, from grassroots up they are taught how to play the game properly with class A facilities that would put almost every Scottish premier league club to shame,there is no drink culture and the kids really learn tactics while getting an education.
Blame the SFA for that.Look at countries like Monte Negro,Lithuania,Georgia etc..etc..all up and coming countries with better facilities.Their countries invested big and they are not rich countries by any means and now they can easily compete with Scotland.
Under investment in the grass roots game and years of clubs buying cheap foreign imports have damaged our game.There is a wee glimmer of hope, and thats the fact with less cash the clubs have the more home grown youngsters are being given the chance, but we need to nurture that and keep them on the straight and narrow, easier said than done in Scotland.

JimBHibees
26-07-2013, 07:38 AM

There was nothing bang average about that team. Excellent ability and all knew their role and how to play.

Eternal Hibbie
26-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Can't get my head around how you can play an away tie and lose a respectable 2-0 then play your home game a week later and get tanked 7-0, if the scores had been reversed I could maybe understand it - what's happened in the past seven days to bring that on ?

We turned out in numbers again last night, we did all we were asked, but right from the first whistle there was nothing on the park, no desire, no invention, no movement - why ?

Guess the big question is where do we go from here ?

Beefster
26-07-2013, 08:07 AM

If Hearts are particularly struggling I don't think there's many that would willingly stay at home when the time came around to play them at Easter Road. Perhaps pushing it but there could even be Hibs fans in the south as they are not going to want to turn up for that one.

This result was horrible, truly horrible. But the Dundee Utd defeat at the start of last season showed no indication as to how we'd perform over the next 4 months. Here's hoping for that type of rebound.

How so?

lugz
26-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Can't get my head around how you can play an away tie and lose a respectable 2-0 then play your home game a week later and get tanked 7-0, if the scores had been reversed I could maybe understand it - what's happened in the past seven days to bring that on ?

We turned out in numbers again last night, we did all we were asked, but right from the first whistle there was nothing on the park, no desire, no invention, no movement - why ?

Guess the big question is where do we go from here ?

To be honest the only things that changed from last week were Williams had a terrible game (at fault for at least 2) and Malmo took their chances. The 1st leg could have been 5/6/7 if it wasn't for Ben.

Boyle89
26-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Never have so many paid so much to watch so few do so little.
This! It's as if the players hate us.

hibIBZ
26-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Don't think we will be getting any crowds close to last night for a while without a huge improvement.
In terms of turning fans away, I think that was summed up by my 10 year old nephew asking his uncle if we can go and support Celtic from now on

SmithyHibee
26-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Last night was the opportunity to show people that don't normally come to games what the place could be like if they attended more often. What we ended up doing was a hell of a lot of damage, not only will these people now seriously consider coming back, I've heard a good few regulars say they won't be back anytime soon.

I'm not saying its right or wrong but can you really blame them when they fork out hard earned cash to be subjected to that!

rcarter1
26-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Malmo are never an average team,the Swedish game (like the most Scandinavian countries) are miles ahead of any Scottish teams and that includes sellik, from grassroots up they are taught how to play the game properly with class A facilities that would put almost every Scottish premier league club to shame,there is no drink culture and the kids really learn tactics while getting an education.
Blame the SFA for that.Look at countries like Monte Negro,Lithuania,Georgia etc..etc..all up and coming countries with better facilities.Their countries invested big and they are not rich countries by any means and now they can easily compete with Scotland.
Under investment in the grass roots game and years of clubs buying cheap foreign imports have damaged our game.There is a wee glimmer of hope, and thats the fact with less cash the clubs have the more home grown youngsters are being given the chance, but we need to nurture that and keep them on the straight and narrow, easier said than done in Scotland.

Apart from all that being spot on, Malmo looked like athletes, we did not.

lucky
26-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Last night has damaged us as a club. The extra effort around 4/5000 made last night won't happen again inthe near future. I think our crowd v Motherwell will be under 8000. I'm more disappointed than after the cup final defeats as this was total humiliation.

Juice-Terry
26-07-2013, 10:20 AM
...is that we've probably managed to alienate a good 4-5,000 supporters who, on the back of a solid performance yesterday, might well have come back in large numbers for the rest of the season. Sad, sad, sad....

Heedersnvolleys
26-07-2013, 10:22 AM
...is that we've probably managed to alienate a good 4-5,000 supporters who, on the back of a solid performance yesterday, might well have come back in large numbers for the rest of the season. Sad, sad, sad....

That why I don't buy this we cannot afford to get rid of PF argument, we can't afford to keep him either!!!

One Day
26-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Apart from all that being spot on, Malmo looked like athletes, we did not.

thats for sure, they also looked like footbal player

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Well and truly kicked in the teeth, the first time in over 20 years I have ever left a Hibs match early, I left as soon as the seventh hit the net.

Stevie Reid
26-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I left after the 7th goal went in.

I've said that to a few folk who have asked me today. Every single time it's resonated heavily, it sounds utterly ridiculous, and it's not something I ever thought I'd say.

Jones28
26-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I stayed to the end, more to do with the fact that my faither was away for a pint at 0-5 and I was doing the driving! By the end I was so disillusioned with Hibs I didn't know what to do. I gave Fraser Mullen a round of applause because I thought he came on in really difficult circumstances and did well.

26-07-2013, 01:55 PM
As usual, the fans turn up and do their bit but the players don't. Fantastic hibs support let down again!

Waxy
26-07-2013, 02:50 PM
My first european game was 1-0 v Strasbourg. My lads first Euro game was 0-7 v Malmo. I've tried my best to get him to love being a hibby but the club must play their part if they want a future support.

Liberal Hibby
26-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I think by way of apology the club should give every fan who went last night a free pass to a game of their choice or £15 off their next season .

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I think by way of apology the club should give every fan who went last night a free pass to a game of their choice or £15 off their next season .

... at a stadium of their choice? :cb

jacomo
26-07-2013, 04:40 PM

It's alright. The captain will issue a rallying cry about us never being rolled over again, and we'll make a fresh start.

Should never have abandoned the bottle green - I blame Nike and Nike alone for last night.

:wink:

LioNeilMessi
26-07-2013, 04:50 PM
It's alright. The captain will issue a rallying cry about us never being rolled over again, and we'll make a fresh start.

Should never have abandoned the bottle green - I blame Nike and Nike alone for last night.

:wink:

You're forgetting the new F1 seats for the bench! They couldn't wait to be subbed off and have a seat :greengrin:

Waxy
26-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I thought the change to bottle green was to go with our new fresh start. Why have we changed back to defeat green after one season?

skoop
26-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Last night was the opportunity to show people that don't normally come to games what the place could be like if they attended more often. What we ended up doing was a hell of a lot of damage, not only will these people now seriously consider coming back, I've heard a good few regulars say they won't be back anytime soon.

I'm not saying its right or wrong but can you really blame them when they fork out hard earned cash to be subjected to that!

This what I find hard to take. All those people who dont go every week turned up and paid their money. I bet loads of them wont be back for a long time, if ever. I already know a few guys who havent been back after the cup final last year.

Onion
26-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Good turn-out by the fans, but how badly were we all kicked in the teeth.

It is not easy being a Hibs fan!

Anyone know if the club's owner was at there to watch history being made ?

Chuck Rhoades
26-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Well and truly kicked in the teeth, the first time in over 20 years I have ever left a Hibs match early, I left as soon as the seventh hit the net.

Likewise! Felt weird leaving, but literally couldn't have stayed longer.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 07:00 PM
The good thing about this is the amount that turned up when so many are away on holiday. The board now have to make big decisions, do we allow these people to walk away or do they sack the incompetent, apologise for yet another piss poor appointment and think big with the next one to show they actually do mean business.
Lets hope they make their minds up quicker than a yam emptying his bags watching kids playing on a bouncy castle.

Chuck Rhoades
26-07-2013, 07:03 PM
A refund would show how seriously they are taking if.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2013, 07:13 PM
A refund would show how seriously they are taking if.

I reckon we took in around £200k in gate receipts last night. The trip to Malmo probably cost Hibs no more than £50k, so a tidy little profit was made. Whether they intend giving any of that back is another thing, what do you think?

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Its the Hibs way.

Save your worst most pathetic most inept performances for the games where most supporters of the club will be there.

I am a dyed in the wool, hardcore never say die fan of this club. I will never be ashamed to call myself a Hibby ..... but this morning I sure as hell was embarrassed to call myself one.

Unless we go through the first 10 games of the season unbeaten I can see no way that we will be getting anybody but the most loyal fans through the gate any time soon. Folk for whom supporting the club means sticking with it no matter how bad things get. That is not the way to grow and expand a football club.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 07:26 PM
The good thing about this is the amount that turned up when so many are away on holiday. The board now have to make big decisions, do we allow these people to walk away or do they sack the incompetent, apologise for yet another piss poor appointment and think big with the next one to show they actually do mean business.
Lets hope they make their minds up quicker than a yam emptying his bags watching kids playing on a bouncy castle.

Over compensating again.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I reckon we took in around £200k in gate receipts last night. The trip to Malmo probably cost Hibs no more than £50k, so a tidy little profit was made. Whether they intend giving any of that back is another thing, what do you think?

Does anyone really think RP would sanction a refund to every paying customer after last night??? More chance of me growing an Afro.......

Waxy
26-07-2013, 07:48 PM
I'll let them off with this result if they sign Leigh for next season.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Does anyone really think RP would sanction a refund to every paying customer after last night??? More chance of me growing an Afro.......

More chance of you growing an Afro

Hibeesforever
26-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Don't think we will be getting any crowds close to last night for a while without a huge improvement.
In terms of turning fans away, I think that was summed up by my 10 year old nephew asking his uncle if we can go and support Celtic from now on

Haha, I had the same thing from my two kids at the end. Worrying but when I told them they could and would then sleep in a tent in the garden their attitude changed.
As we left a very elderly gentleman said to my son he had watched Hibs beat Rangers 8-1.
Believe and we will be back.
Andy Murray was a Hibs kid and eventually the trsining academy will pay off.
Ending the booze culture very important though.

07hibee
27-07-2013, 12:11 AM
At least one member of the team rose to the occasion

If you don't mind me asking,who?claros and griffiths would have made a difference

theonlywayisup
27-07-2013, 12:55 AM
If you don't mind me asking,who?claros and griffiths would have made a difference

I think he meant the crowd.

07hibee
27-07-2013, 01:40 AM
I think he meant the crowd.

You serious? The "crowd" should be making they're feelings known,instead of worrying what the next song is on the playlist

07hibee
27-07-2013, 01:47 AM
You serious? The "crowd" should be making they're feelings known,instead of worrying what the next song is on the playlist
Sorry,the crowd was brilliant yesterday ,stayed to the end,we deserve better

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Brebner - "@duellingbanjos: 16k at ER & the players produce that. They can't be interested in playing for PF. He ain't the man for Hibs the SCF to Hearts proved that."

Cabbage East
27-07-2013, 03:55 AM
Brebner - "@duellingbanjos: 16k at ER & the players produce that. They can't be interested in playing for PF. He ain't the man for Hibs the SCF to Hearts proved that."

You've already posted that on another thread. I've noticed you posting loads recently and it's just absolute slavers. Quality not quantity mate, aye.

Gettin' Auld
27-07-2013, 07:52 AM

Unfortunately, i think that we're the worst side that they'll play this season.

neil7908
27-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I managed to persuade my dad and brother back to ER for the game and also took my girlfriend along as well. None were expecting to see Hibs go through, all were aware what an uphill battle it would be but went along hoping to see a decent game and us give it a go and if we went out AEK Athens style, then so be it.

My dad has supported Hibs for 30+ years but has stopped going recently for a number of reasons but partly due to the rubbish results and more importantly, the standard of football under Calderwood and Fenlon.

He and my brother are great examples of folk who have had season tickets and with a bit of sustained success, or even entertaining football on the park, could be coaxed back.

No chance of what happening now and I'm beginning to seriously look at my income and figure out if I can justify regular attendance at ER. I stayed the full 90 minutes against Hearts in the final, Celtic in the final and Falkirk in the semi final but left at 0-5 to Malmo and wish I'd gone sooner.

The point of my long winded story is that results like this dont just mean embarrassment for the club and supporters in the short term, they drive potential fans away from Hibs.

That is the big issue long term, we are currently one of the biggest clubs in Scotland but our position is precarious. With Rangers and Hearts severely weakened nows the chance to stake our claim as the 2nd best club in the country. We'll never get a better chance to do that but instead the fans have been subjected to humiliation and capitulation time and time again.

This result and the 1-5 will leave painful scars with our support that for me personally, wont be erased by a couple decent wins in the SPL against teams with half our budget.

TAHibby
27-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Unless it's the manager and players personally dealing with the refunds, it would be grossly unfair on the shop/ticket office workers!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2013, 01:27 PM
You've already posted that on another thread. I've noticed you posting loads recently and it's just absolute slavers. Quality not quantity mate, aye.

:thumbsup:

Jones28
27-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Are people seriously talking about refunds? :crazy:

Boyle89
27-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Are people seriously talking about refunds? :crazy:

I believe Wigan refunded supporters when spurs thumpd them, think it was 9-0. It's not unheard of but won't happen.

RecobasUncle
27-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Hmm to give more money to a Hibs team managed by Pat Fenlon?...or to spend my money on a bunch of enjoyable and much better value shows at the Fringe? Hopefully he's gone by September though.

LancashireHibby
27-07-2013, 04:13 PM
I believe Wigan refunded supporters when spurs thumpd them, think it was 9-0. It's not unheard of but won't happen.

They did, but it's easier to do for 200 fans than 16,000.

LeithBoozy
27-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Good Idea, giving Rod a heart-attack is one way to get rid of him. :greengrin

Boyle89
27-07-2013, 05:59 PM
They did, but it's easier to do for 200 fans than 16,000.

True. Was just saying it happens.... I've often shouted I want a refund but never happens :(

Speedy
27-07-2013, 11:59 PM

8-1 I think?

Edit: 9-1.

Edit 2: I was thinking of this game, imagine if that was to happen with the current teams http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7381794.stm

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Refunds? Bloody hell.
Folk really need to get a grip, ***** result, ***** manager etc etc but why take money out of the club?
People need to think, isn't that basically cutting off our nose to spite our face?

monktonharp
28-07-2013, 12:39 AM

No chance of that happening now.you. young man, are a total deppresionalist. if that is a word! you have been moaning and groaning throughout the close season about Hibernian, and if it's not that it is about the gorgie mob. gies a break! we all know the probs. doon ER Way.the fans of Hibernian FC,are the most loyal fans in Scotland, and probably in the whole of the UK (world) when you look at the amount of times we have had a kick in the teeth by our own club. we will bounce back from this debacle against Malmo, but it will take a while to accept the 0-7 result. no one could have imagined that we would have lost by so much, and I am so hurt by that result yet we can not go into the new season expecting silly results like that. chin up, we are what we are, scunnered many times but we will overcome. don't know the answers, and it is so cruel that we have to accept it. all part of being a Hibbie used to be a phrase that we used to pass on to our kids, grandkids , but it's getting beyond a joke now. Hurt, but still in there.

monktonharp
28-07-2013, 12:50 AM
We will never see a crowd at ER like that again for a LONG time imo.? what are you on about? just because you are not back for a while?

SaulGoodman
28-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Are you steaming mate? :greengrin

silverhibee
28-07-2013, 01:27 AM
you. young man, are a total deppresionalist. if that is a word! you have been moaning and groaning throughout the close season about Hibernian, and if it's not that it is about the gorgie mob. gies a break! we all know the probs. doon ER Way.the fans of Hibernian FC,are the most loyal fans in Scotland, and probably in the whole of the UK (world) when you look at the amount of times we have had a kick in the teeth by our own club. we will bounce back from this debacle against Malmo, but it will take a while to accept the 0-7 result. no one could have imagined that we would have lost by so much, and I am so hurt by that result yet we can not go into the new season expecting silly results like that. chin up, we are what we are, scunnered many times but we will overcome. don't know the answers, and it is so cruel that we have to accept it. all part of being a Hibbie used to be a phrase that we used to pass on to our kids, grandkids , but it's getting beyond a joke now. Hurt, but still in there.

:faf:

monktonharp
28-07-2013, 05:40 AM
:faf:Hibs fan laughs at fellow Hibby, who is a bit pished and emotional about his team:rolleyes:

monktonharp
28-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Are you steaming mate? :greengrinHibs fan accuses fellow Hibby , of being pished.:wink:

monktonharp
28-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Hibs fan wakes up, realising how pished he was:greengrin and realises that's the reason the laptop is on the floor!

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 07:09 AM
? what are you on about? just because you are not back for a while?

I dont think he's wrong, sadly we appear to kick those who are on the edge of coming back in the baws far too often.

Those who go every week will go regardless of the result, but we need every extra supporter we can get.

Yet this build us up only to knock us down, that Hibs do all too frequently does have an effect on the folk who only come occasionally.

Some folk need encouraged to come back, some folk are not as loyal as the die hards. Rather than berating them, we should be trying our hardest to get them back. Thursday will not have helped one bit, and ignoring this is daft.

SaulGoodman
28-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Hibs fan wakes up, realising how pished he was:greengrin and realises that's the reason the laptop is on the floor!
:thumbsup:

majorhibs
29-07-2013, 01:07 AM
I dont think he's wrong, sadly we appear to kick those who are on the edge of coming back in the baws far too often.

Those who go every week will go regardless of the result, but we need every extra supporter we can get.

Yet this build us up only to knock us down, that Hibs do all too frequently does have an effect on the folk who only come occasionally.

Some folk need encouraged to come back, some folk are not as loyal as the die hards. Rather than berating them, we should be trying our hardest to get them back. Thursday will not have helped one bit, and ignoring this is daft.

bh for chairman!

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
They keep doing this to us. Another kick in the teeth for our fantastic fans. We keep supporting them in numbers, for what reward. That! How many more times are they going to apologise for an inept performance?

theonlywayisup
30-03-2014, 01:58 PM
They keep doing this to us. Another kick in the teeth for our fantastic fans. We keep supporting them in numbers, for what reward. That! How many more times are they going to apologise for an inept performance?

How many times have we, the fans, stood up to be counted - to use a marketing catch phrase from the past. Only to be kicked in the teeth again and again. How many times?

Malmo home
Hertz away twice
Hertz home in cup
Raith cup game

Not to mention previous seasons.

Can't believe that I have renewed for next season. Really can't see us getting more than 8,000 average attendance next season.

Onion
30-03-2014, 02:12 PM
How many times have we, the fans, stood up to be counted - to use a marketing catch phrase from the past. Only to be kicked in the teeth again and again. How many times?

Malmo home
Hertz away twice
Hertz home in cup

Not to mention previous seasons.

Can't believe that I have renewed for next season. Really can't see us getting more than 8,000 average attendance next season.

There's something deeply unhealthy at Hibs. Had we not reached the last 2 cup finals, Petrie and Hibs would have been forced to face up to this long before now. This is NOT a problem of money or player wages. We have been turned over 3 times by the worst and cheapest Hearts team in 50 years - because their attitude and application was much better than ours. That is a terrible indictment on our managers and the culture within the club - from top to bottom. Until we address this, you can throw as much money and STs at the problem.

We need a VISIBLE change of attitude at the club - from top to bottom.