PDA

View Full Version : Bring back JC

hibs_or_sat_am
25-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Silent member speaking but enough is enough. PF has had his chance, time for rod to go back cap in hand to John Collins and let him do what he wanted to do with the club. We have a team full of amateurs who think they have made it because they play for hibs, they have no ambition or drive to succeed, that desire must come from the manager and I don't see it from PF. Spending 200k on a striker? What's the point when we will concede as many as we do/will.

had the chance to get bums back on seats tonight but I fear they have scared those fans away for another few years!

Hibercelona
25-07-2013, 10:41 PM
The club needs a complete over haul, but I don't think John Collins is the answer. He has the right attitude about fitness and work rate, but is managerially inept.

I think our biggest issue is our scouting system. We haven't been anywhere near the quality we were when Park was in charge of our scouting.

sesoim
25-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry, much as I'd have liked JC to succeed, we were on a poor run when he left, thanks in no small part to the terrible signings he made.

There are much better options out there.

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2013, 11:13 PM
No

HibeeB
25-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Roger Propos for manager :thumbsup:

BigKev
25-07-2013, 11:34 PM
John Collins is a bottle merchant who left us with a horrific squad.

Not quite sure how he still has supporters amongst us.

If he never darkens the Easter Road door again I'd be delighted.

TheFamous1875
25-07-2013, 11:35 PM
What about in some sort of capacity working with (or alongside or above) the manager? Not buying players or picking the team but instilling the right fitness and culture and ethos within the club? Or might that encroach too far into a manager's territory and make things muddled?

This. Some post which would enable him to get his philosophies across and make them the norm at our football club. Like people say, he may not be a great manager, but he does have the basics to a tee - fitness, technique, attitude, lifestyle. These things can make up for a lack of talent at times, and enhance talent to whole new levels. If we had that at our club, like most clubs in Europe do, we wouldn't have got absolutely annihilated tonight. Fitness and effort alone would've saved us a few sloppy goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pretty Boy
25-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Was it not under JC that this terminal decline we seem to be suffering first set in?

Sure we were on an absolutely horrific run when he walked. Not sure if we have ever recovered.

LancsHibs
25-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Would take JC back in a flash, he is ten times the manager Fenlon is

Mister P
26-07-2013, 12:27 AM
It all started after Mowbray left.... What changed then?

The youth/scouting department?

We have had a succession of managers each as much a 'failure' as the one they proceeded. We're they all humpty? I doubt it. Something else must be fundamentally wrong. Something deeper rooted.

HibeeB
26-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Was it not under JC that this terminal decline we seem to be suffering first set in?

Sure we were on an absolutely horrific run when he walked. Not sure if we have ever recovered.

JC tried to instill a professionalism into the club. Hard work, training for more than 90 minutes a day, fitness, 'the ball is round, it's meant to roll'. The squad couldn't cope with it and rebelled. The revolution is still going on. One reason we are the easy touch that we are. Players wont leave their comfort zone to compete.

macd123
26-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Absolutely no chance

I love jc and he can probably coach but he made the worst collection of signings in the club's history. No contest. Would alan obrien, noubissie, brian kerr, thierry gathuessi or makalambay have helped tonight? No.

Humo
26-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Absolutely no chance

I love jc and he can probably coach but he made the worst collection of signings in the club's history. No contest. Would alan obrien, noubissie, brian kerr, thierry gathuessi or makalambay have helped tonight? No.

Having 2 goalies might have helped but I think that's against the rules

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2013, 01:50 AM
No way. That era is over and done with. Though if Fenlon goes, I'd like to see a young manager with potential appointed, possibly from a lower league club here or in England.

matty_f
26-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Wouldn't take JC back, but I'd love to see us go abroad for our new manager. We need someone to take the club back to attacking, attractive football.

HibeeB
26-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Wouldn't take JC back, but I'd love to see us go abroad for our new manager. We need someone to take the club back to attacking, attractive football.

Berti Vogts :worried:

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 01:57 AM

It can be done and doesn't have to be as long a process as some want us to believe.

Mowbray turned a team that had been playing eye bleeding stuff under Williamson into a great team to watch that finished 3rd in one summer.

matty_f
26-07-2013, 02:03 AM
It can be done and doesn't have to be as long a process as some want us to believe.

Mowbray turned a team that had been playing eye bleeding stuff under Williamson into a great team to watch that finished 3rd in one summer.

Yep. 100% agree. Certainly after 2 years we should at least have progressed beyond the tactic of 'sideways pass to static player, backwards pass to static player, sideways pass to static player, over hit diagonal punt out the park. Repeat' tactic that we see time and f***ing time again.

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Yes, let's get him to bring back Alan O'Brien and Brian Kerr. Let's get him to alienate half the dressing room.

No sense in getting rid of one failing manager to bring back another.