PDA

View Full Version : Well STF.......... Over To You

OrdHibby
25-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Petrie, Fenlon and the board of directors have to go.

Time for the owner to take charge, show some interest and make decisions for the better of the club.

Time for a Spanish or German or Dutch coaching team to lead Hibs and Scottish football into the 21st century. It's not just our coaches its grass root level football. ITS ALL WRONG. Nows your chance to leave a legacy and show once again our club is at the forefront of the Scottish game.

I think the fans have put up more than enough of the dross that has been at the club for the majority of Petrie's tenure. Time for big changes.

It gets worse every ****ing year and nothing is done about it.

Come on Sir Tom start showing an interest.

Greenblood70
25-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment but it will never happen.

Petrie is Farmers golden child, he doesn't give a **** if we get humped tonight as long as we work towards being self sufficient financially. By any yardstick the last few years have been utter ***** and Petrie is no closer to the exit.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-07-2013, 10:28 PM

Time for the owner to take charge, show some interest and make decisions for the better of the club.

Time for a Spanish or German or Dutch coaching team to lead Hibs and Scottish football into the 21st century. It's not just our coaches its grass root level football. ITS ALL WRONG. Nows your chance to leave a legacy and show once again our club is at the forefront of the Scottish game.

I think the fans have put up more than enough of the dross that has been at the club for the majority of Petrie's tenure. Time for big changes.

Name the board members, their position and strengths/weaknesses justifying expulsion please...

Chuck Rhoades
25-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Soon as Petrie gets Doncaster's job the better (only way he'll leave IMO).

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2013, 10:30 PM

:troll:

lucky
25-07-2013, 10:33 PM

absolutely dross, What has nationality got to do with someone being a good coach? SAF is regarded as best, look how many Scots manage top clubs. So why have we to sack the board? The board are trying back PF and have given money to strengthen the team. Its not the boards fault the manager got it wrong. PF arrived at ER with a good track record in Irish football. But so far has not delivered at ER. I do believe he is under pressure now but Hibs must stick by him to Xmas at least.

Bad Martini
25-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Name the board members, their position and strengths/weaknesses justifying expulsion please...

Petrie ... Good negotiator yet ***** at backing his appointments.

Signed all the managers since x

All won **** All except JC....

Says it all

Green Fish
25-07-2013, 10:41 PM
FFS, yes we are all hurting but sometimes you have to put your hands up and admit that we were humped by a much much much better team.

We need to learn from this and build, New faces are desperately needed and the jury is out more than ever on pf. The upcoming derby is massive.

OrdHibby
25-07-2013, 11:00 PM
absolutely dross, What has nationality got to do with someone being a good coach? SAF is regarded as best, look how many Scots manage top clubs. So why have we to sack the board? The board are trying back PF and have given money to strengthen the team. Its not the boards fault the manager got it wrong. PF arrived at ER with a good track record in Irish football. But so far has not delivered at ER. I do believe he is under pressure now but Hibs must stick by him to Xmas at least.

It's all about coaching methods. We're miles behind in this country. I have watched in dismay at some of the coaching at boys club level and it's all wrong. Pat Stanton said it before we lose to many football players at a young age because coaches are more interested in playing the bigger laddies so they can win meaningless games and trophies. The lightweight smaller laddies get ignored yet in countries like Spain they get nothing but encouragement and in time hold their own and the cream comes to the top.

Look at the turn out tonight....SUPERB. Many people on holiday, midweek and virtually out after the first game. If the club showed have that enthusiasm as the fans have over the last 35 yrs of mainly dross, how far could this club go. Very soon we will be the ONLY club in Edinburgh. I'd like to see in my time a club looking to appease the fans not the other way round. :flag:

Phil D. Rolls
25-07-2013, 11:03 PM

Champions League?

sesoim
25-07-2013, 11:10 PM
:troll:

:confused: A troll doesn't usually speak sense.

sesoim
25-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Whoever thought Fenlon, Calderwood and Hughes were our best managerial options.

gramskiwood
25-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I think that Tom Farmer is the one that should go. Things have not been right at Hibs for quite a few years now and managers have been blamed, Rod Petrie has been blamed but who owns the club?

Postman
25-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I think that Tom Farmer is the one that should go. Things have not been right at Hibs for quite a few years now and managers have been blamed, Rod Petrie has been blamed but who owns the club?

Why should the owner go? And does he just give the club away? I'm sure there won't be people queuing up to buy it from him!

Jones28
25-07-2013, 11:19 PM
I really do not see how the board can get it in the neck for this one. They (and STF) have clearly pulled out the stops this window to tie up decent SPL players.

More Petrie bashing isn't going to solve anything.

And by the way, STF may have saved Hibs (and for that I will always be grateful) but he is still a businessman. As a businessman he will insure that what goes in from his pocket will come back out again. He hasn't sunk millions into the club, our stadium and training centre were bought and paid for by mortgages and player sales, not through his generosity.

sesoim
25-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Petrie ... Good negotiator yet ***** at backing his appointments.

Signed all the managers since x

All won **** All except JC....

Says it all

TBF, I think Petrie HAS backed his appointments. We've signed a fair few players over the last few years that nobody outside of the Scottish "big five" (in terms of income) could afford. The problem is the actual appointments he's made. I don't generally like the idea of a Director of Football, but maybe we need one (ie someone who knows the game and knows what's required) to make the managerial appointment decisions.

Petrie's (and whoever else is involved in the managerial appointment process) lack of football knowledge has betrayed him on too many occasions now. Compare us to Motherwell, who seem to keep on getting it right and as a result punch well above their weight.

It's all such a waste - Hibs should be enjoying a really good spell just now with Rangers out the way and Heart on their knees.

OrdHibby
25-07-2013, 11:20 PM
FFS, yes we are all hurting but sometimes you have to put your hands up and admit that we were humped by a much much much better team.

We need to learn from this and build, New faces are desperately needed and the jury is out more than ever on pf. The upcoming derby is massive.

I wish i had a pound every time i read this about Hibs. We don't seen to ever learn.

Change everything form the youngest level right through to the first team squad. I'm not doubting we'll have some good coaches at different levels but the coachings dated. I said bring Hibs and Scottish football into the 21st century, well **** that, bring Hibs into the 21st century and **** Scottish football.

Jones28
25-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Who owns the club has **** all to do with what happens on the pitch. That is what has been the let down over the past few years.

Halifaxhibby
25-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Honestly mate???, how can you justify their inclusion??, highest paid board members outwith the old firm?????

Criswell
25-07-2013, 11:39 PM
The true Hibs fans are hurting tonight. Can you say the same for the people who own and run this club? I would say not. To me, this is central to why we consistently under-acheive. We just do not have people in these crucial positions who feel the same pain and disappointment as we do. In other words we do not have real Hibernian people at the heart of the club, people who would find tonight's performance totally unaccaptable and would do everything in their power to ensure it was never repeated.

We need to get our pride and passion back. We need to get people involved who have the neccessary affinity with the support, who are after all the lifeblood of the club. We need people who share the same vision, commitment and ambition as we do.

Over to you Mr Farmer. It's high time you showed some leadership.

hibee19
26-07-2013, 12:01 AM
The true Hibs fans are hurting tonight. Can you say the same for the people who own and run this club? I would say not. To me, this is central to why we consistently under-acheive. We just do not have people in these crucial positions who feel the same pain and disappointment as we do. In other words we do not have real Hibernian people at the heart of the club, people who would find tonight's performance totally unaccaptable and would do everything in their power to ensure it was never repeated.

We need to get our pride and passion back. We need to get people involved who have the neccessary affinity with the support, who are after all the lifeblood of the club. We need people who share the same vision, commitment and ambition as we do.

Its not really over to Farmer, he doesn't owe us anything. If something is going to change it will be led by the supporters. We've been a laughing stock for too long, it is time we chose to do something. Perhaps fan ownership on a much smaller scale than our neighbours are suggesting, that way we can hold Petrie etc to account.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-07-2013, 12:20 AM
TBF, I think Petrie HAS backed his appointments. We've signed a fair few players over the last few years that nobody outside of the Scottish "big five" (in terms of income) could afford. The problem is the actual appointments he's made. I don't generally like the idea of a Director of Football, but maybe we need one (ie someone who knows the game and knows what's required) to make the managerial appointment decisions.

Petrie's (and whoever else is involved in the managerial appointment process) lack of football knowledge has betrayed him on too many occasions now. Compare us to Motherwell, who seem to keep on getting it right and as a result punch well above their weight.

It's all such a waste - Hibs should be enjoying a really good spell just now with Rangers out the way and Heart on their knees.

:top marks

Rod has one the business off the park, but needs to suck it up and and accept he needs a little help selecting managers

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2013, 05:34 AM
:top marks

Rod has one the business off the park, but needs to suck it up and and accept he needs a little help selecting managers

Deary deary me

:rolleyes:

Liberal Hibby
26-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Honestly mate???, how can you justify their inclusion??, highest paid board members outwith the old firm?????

You forgot to add FACT!

Chump
26-07-2013, 06:26 AM

Hmmmm......in J W Henry style 'I'm not sure what you are smoking at casa del Sultan'

Who do you suggest to run Hibs.....Fish, Grant Stott, Andy Murray?? We have commercially aware professionals at the club and I'm afraid to say it's a business not a sport anymore so that is who needs to be in place. I'm not saying they are the best people in place but come on.....in any business you're taught to leave your emotions at home and get the job done!!

As for real Hibernian people at the heart of the club I'll give you a few examples of why that might not work;

Dalglish returning to Liverpool
Gary Locke at Hearts
McCoist at Rangers
Yogi at Hibs
Mixu at Hibs
John Robertson at Hearts
.....the list will go on

It's like England fans saying we need an English manager.....Hibs need the best possible people at the club they can attract - being a Hibs fan is just a pipe dream IMO for getting the job done any better

Viva_Palmeiras
26-07-2013, 07:46 AM

My point is if folks are calling for heads then name the scoundrels responsible and the reasons for their departure. I'm guessing without reference to the official site many would struggle to name all of the board never mind their positions?
Are folks really saying that non-execs like the successful Colin McNeil we brought back should be axed? That experienced businessmen like Bruce Langham with time served at Villa and Fulham and Telewest(?) should be given the heave?
That those responsible for the innovative lotto and Hibernian East Terrace should be binned because of results on the pitch? Really!?
I'm not saying whether they should go or not (folks are not infallible) but before ousting an entire board think before throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Non-execs and Rod don't get paid of course but the OP wasn't making any distinctions.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 08:54 AM
My point is if folks are calling for heads then name the scoundrels responsible and the reasons for their departure. I'm guessing without reference to the official site many would struggle to name all of the board never mind their positions?
Are folks really saying that non-execs like the successful Colin McNeil we brought back should be axed? That experienced businessmen like Bruce Langham with time served at Villa and Fulham and Telewest(?) should be given the heave?
That those responsible for the innovative lotto and Hibernian East Terrace should be binned because of results on the pitch? Really!?
I'm not saying whether they should go or not (folks are not infallible) but before ousting an entire board think before throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Non-execs and Rod don't get paid of course but the OP wasn't making any distinctions.

I should have explained, WE DON'T NEED THEM. Get back to manager goes to owner and asks about funds for new players etc. How much has been spent on these board members over the years when it should have been spent on a quality manager and keeping players. If the owner doesn't want to do the commercial work then fine but does it take 5 or 6 board members to do this. How many other clubs in our position have all these board members who know diddley squat about football. Did we not have 4 or 5 accountant on the board at one time picking up at least £70K each. ??

ginger_rice
26-07-2013, 08:57 AM
It's all about coaching methods. We're miles behind in this country. I have watched in dismay at some of the coaching at boys club level and it's all wrong. Pat Stanton said it before we lose to many football players at a young age because coaches are more interested in playing the bigger laddies so they can win meaningless games and trophies. The lightweight smaller laddies get ignored yet in countries like Spain they get nothing but encouragement and in time hold their own and the cream comes to the top.

Look at the turn out tonight....SUPERB. Many people on holiday, midweek and virtually out after the first game. If the club showed have that enthusiasm as the fans have over the last 35 yrs of mainly dross, how far could this club go. Very soon we will be the ONLY club in Edinburgh. I'd like to see in my time a club looking to appease the fans not the other way round. :flag:

:top marks Great post mate hope the board read it!!

Twa Cairpets
26-07-2013, 09:24 AM
:confused: A troll doesn't usually speak sense.

But then again neither do you so its good company you're keeping

Twa Cairpets
26-07-2013, 09:29 AM

I suspect you are a troll but I do agree with this point, but it is entirely relevant to last night and the fans reaction.

At every level there has been a culture of win at all costs. At every level there has been intolerance of passing football - "get it up the park". At every level there has been a drive to keep scoring as many goals as possible.

This is not the SFA's fault - they have worked very hard at grass roots to improve coaching and attitude - moving to long term player development and away from scoreboard. People don't like it though, and I know this from very first hand experience.

It is changing, slowly though, as this is more than just getting in better coaches, it is changing the cultural mindset of a nation and , in particular, some of the stunningly stupid parents you get at grassroots.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I should have explained, WE DON'T NEED THEM. Get back to manager goes to owner and asks about funds for new players etc. How much has been spent on these board members over the years when it should have been spent on a quality manager and keeping players. If the owner doesn't want to do the commercial work then fine but does it take 5 or 6 board members to do this. How many other clubs in our position have all these board members who know diddley squat about football. Did we not have 4 or 5 accountant on the board at one time picking up at least £70K each. ??

No.

PatHead
26-07-2013, 09:35 AM

The current board get nothing like 70k each so what went on in the past, if it did, has been sorted. As far as other clubs go I doubt many have a board member who has ever played football at a high level. They do however know about marketing, building infrastructure, running successful businesses etc. Everything is right about Hibs, has been for some time with one exception- the team. Unfortunately it is the most important ingredient

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 09:43 AM
I suspect you are a troll but I do agree with this point, but it is entirely relevant to last night and the fans reaction.

At every level there has been a culture of win at all costs. At every level there has been intolerance of passing football - "get it up the park". At every level there has been a drive to keep scoring as many goals as possible.

This is not the SFA's fault - they have worked very hard at grass roots to improve coaching and attitude - moving to long term player development and away from scoreboard. People don't like it though, and I know this from very first hand experience.

It is changing, slowly though, as this is more than just getting in better coaches, it is changing the cultural mindset of a nation and , in particular, some of the stunningly stupid parents you get at grassroots.

Glad you agree with something and glad you know what i'm talking about.

Why waste money on directors and prehistoric management type ? Why not got for it and bring in a band new coaching team from top to bottom, at all age levels. If we did this we would not only see good football we'd see entertaining football and we'd have 100% better chance of challenging the two weegie sided and be serious challengers for cups.
People are scared to change incase it takes a few years but how long have we been giving the likes of Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon etc.
We settle for mediocre football years after year. Jimmy Calderwood has now been mentioned as a replacement......REALLY. Another of the the Largs mafia who have gone a long way in reducing any quality in Scottish football.

Yours truely

Troll

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 09:46 AM
No.

No to ? The amount of accountants or the money they were paid. Maybe it was 3 or 4. I know one would suffice.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 09:51 AM
The current board get nothing like 70k ( BUT PREVIOUSLY DID)each so what went on in the past, if it did, has been sorted. As far as other clubs go I doubt many have a board member who has ever played football at a high level. They do however know about marketing, building infrastructure, running successful businesses etc. Everything is right about Hibs, has been for some time with one exception- the team. Unfortunately it is the most important ingredient

I'm happy to take your word for it but it was certainly mis-managed before yet the same person who mis-managed is still sitting pretty and still making wrong decisions.

Correct me if i'm wrong but it wasn't that long ago the board were taking over £400K in salaries. That should have gone to a proper manager.

Liberal Hibby
26-07-2013, 09:54 AM
No to ? The amount of accountants or the money they were paid. Maybe it was 3 or 4. I know one would suffice.

It's good to be an accountant ;-)

Twa Cairpets
26-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Glad you agree with something and glad you know what i'm talking about.

Why waste money on directors and prehistoric management type ? Why not got for it and bring in a band new coaching team from top to bottom, at all age levels. If we did this we would not only see good football we'd see entertaining football and we'd have 100% better chance of challenging the two weegie sided and be serious challengers for cups.
People are scared to change incase it takes a few years but how long have we been giving the likes of Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon etc.
We settle for mediocre football years after year. Jimmy Calderwood has now been mentioned as a replacement......REALLY. Another of the the Largs mafia who have gone a long way in reducing any quality in Scottish football.

Yours truely

Troll

Because to do so would require a support of tolerant patience, not something that we - or indeed any other club in Scotland - are over-endowed with.

I'm fence sitting in Fenlon as the only thing guaranteed with a club the size of Hibs is if you look for a new manager, you get dour experience a la Coco or risk as per Fenlon and Mixu. You don't get to pull the exciting and dynamic I'm afraid, what you do is hope you get lucky like your mob did with Sergio.

RIP
26-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Do we need a board at all?

We are a small sports club who need income to keep us running. Let's go lean, have one commercial manager who is a sharp businessman with a small commercial and finance team and a sporting football director who creates a long-term football development programme and recruits all the coaches. Strong leadership from experts in their field who do not tolerate second best, know how to deliver a good product and keep their customers happy.

We need someone of the calibre of Leann Dempster to turn around our fortunes - someone with a track record of change management

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rejected-by-army-because-of-poor-eyesight-but-motherwell-chief-executive-leeann-dempster-has-vision-for-football

The single owner model has had it's day - we need to adopt the community ownership model across the SPL. There is real business talent up in the stands that we need to exploit

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2013, 02:42 PM

Both.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Do we need a board at all?

We are a small sports club who need income to keep us running. Let's go lean, have one commercial manager who is a sharp businessman with a small commercial and finance team and a sporting football director who creates a long-term football development programme and recruits all the coaches. Strong leadership from experts in their field who do not tolerate second best, know how to deliver a good product and keep their customers happy.

We need someone of the calibre of Leann Dempster to turn around our fortunes - someone with a track record of change management

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rejected-by-army-because-of-poor-eyesight-but-motherwell-chief-executive-leeann-dempster-has-vision-for-football

The single owner model has had it's day - we need to adopt the community ownership model across the SPL. There is real business talent up in the stands that we need to exploit

Legally, as long as we are a Limited Company, we need a Board.

If we're not, as I think you're suggesting, going to be a Company, then we have a problem when we decide to transfer the SFA licence and SPFL membership. We really don't want to go there. :greengrin

For the record, you do know that most of our Board are unpaid, yeah?

RIP
26-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Legally, as long as we are a Limited Company, we need a Board.

If we're not, as I think you're suggesting, going to be a Company, then we have a problem when we decide to transfer the SFA licence and SPFL membership. We really don't want to go there. :greengrin

For the record, you do know that most of our Board are unpaid, yeah?

Of course Cropley. Rod, Bruce, Brian, Amanda and Colin are all unpaid. Maybe the board should be just there as a steering group. From what I gather you can't fart at Hibs without Rod's approval. I'm just curious what track record of success Rod had in business that made him qualified to lead a sporting organisation such as Hibernian FC?

I am sure he eats, sleeps, breathes Hibs, is a highly honourable man and has the support of Sir Tom and the Board. In my eyes though other CEO's/Chairmen are outperforming him by a significant distance. Hibs need a high performance culture, visionary leadership and strong supporter confidence. Rod has presided over years of malaise, underachievement and a disconnected relationship between management, players and supporters. We are a soft, unfit company for whom poor performances and media ridicule have become the norm.

If I were running a business with those results, I would do the honourable thing.................and resign

Miguel
26-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Tom Farmer helped Hibs out for community reasons. He wasn't interested in being a hands on owner and certainly not funding the club from his own pocket.
Rod Petrie is a sound financial manager, but, as I have said before, I can't for the life of me see what his qualification for picking football managers is.
Football isn't like other businesses in many ways, but recruitment isn't one of them. Candidates have CVs and their strengths and weaknesses can be assessed.
Time to call in professional recruitment consultants who can conduct this process properly and leave STF and RP to get on with what they are good at.

WhileTheChief..
26-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Petrie had nowt to do with Fenlons appointment.
He said at the time that Hyland and Lyndsay were responsible.
Maybe that was Petrie's mistake ;)

snooky
26-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Been bad since the SLCF
Notable consistencies since then:-
1.Petrie
2.East Mains
3.Hanlon

Perm these any way you want.

Something has to change soon or we're doomed.

Kaiser1962
26-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Tom Farmer helped Hibs out for community reasons. He wasn't interested in being a hands on owner and certainly not funding the club from his own pocket.

Yet he is substantially out of pocket. Somewhere IRO £8m-£10m. Look up old threads about this.

Time to call in professional recruitment consultants who can conduct this process properly and leave STF and RP to get on with what they are good at.

I thought we did that this time?

HibeeMG
26-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Hmmmm......in J W Henry style 'I'm not sure what you are smoking at casa del Sultan'

Who do you suggest to run Hibs.....Fish, Grant Stott, Andy Murray?? We have commercially aware professionals at the club and I'm afraid to say it's a business not a sport anymore so that is who needs to be in place. I'm not saying they are the best people in place but come on.....in any business you're taught to leave your emotions at home and get the job done!!

As for real Hibernian people at the heart of the club I'll give you a few examples of why that might not work;

Dalglish returning to Liverpool
Gary Locke at Hearts
McCoist at Rangers
Yogi at Hibs
Mixu at Hibs
John Robertson at Hearts
.....the list will go on

It's like England fans saying we need an English manager.....Hibs need the best possible people at the club they can attract - being a Hibs fan is just a pipe dream IMO for getting the job done any better

I completely agree with this.

A person with no past Hibs connection can easily buy into the club spirit, history and the direction it wants to head.

Look at arguably the best Hibs manager since the turn of the millenium, Tony Mowbray. He was exactly the type of manager we needed (and still need). He played football that brought the crowds back. He wasn't shy in giving the youth a chance although some will say that he was lucky to have the type of youth players he had.

The main thing he brought, though, was a team that was comfortable on the ball, looked to run into space and turned defence into attack. What we've had since is a procession of players who looked to pass the ball on because they weren't comfortable with it, were too happy to stand still and let others do the work and believed the best form of defence was defence.

The whole ethos of the club has done a full 180 since those days.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Because to do so would require a support of tolerant patience, not something that we - or indeed any other club in Scotland - are over-endowed with.

I'm fence sitting in Fenlon as the only thing guaranteed with a club the size of Hibs is if you look for a new manager, you get dour experience a la Coco or risk as per Fenlon and Mixu. You don't get to pull the exciting and dynamic I'm afraid, what you do is hope you get lucky like your mob did with Sergio.

My mob ???

only a **** would want Fenlon to stay at Hibs. I know who the trolls on here are as i have read Hibs.net for many a year and the one's who back the likes of Fenlon and CC are the real trolls.
Try catching someone else with your hook

Viva_Palmeiras
26-07-2013, 09:18 PM

If you are going to troll at least have a go at answering the questions put to you.

At least for me you views are diluted. You've had your chance I've tuned out half-wit.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 09:53 PM
If you are going to troll at least have a go at answering the questions put to you.

At least for me you views are diluted. You've had your chance I've tuned out half-wit.

FFS you don't agree with me, i'm new on the forum and you need someone to pick on cause your little pishy manager has shamed HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

You started trolling and now you're saying i'm the troll.

What a saddo :giruy:

clerriehibs
26-07-2013, 10:14 PM

OMG

Brilliant

Why not get Massone in, before he spends on the basket case from across the city?

Mind you, if we fail to get him, not too much of a problem, because people are OBVIOUSLY queueing up to spend at hertz, and they can't all be successful there.

And OBVIOUSLY, none of those with the imaginary money to spend on hertz are nutters, are they? No, not at all.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-07-2013, 10:33 PM
FFS you don't agree with me, i'm new on the forum and you need someone to pick on cause your little pishy manager has shamed HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

If you Don't answer questions relating to your point then switch off the oxygen.

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 10:40 PM
If you Don't answer questions relating to your point then switch off the oxygen.

:faf:

Twa Cairpets
26-07-2013, 10:52 PM

Hmmm
Giveaway much, yam troll?

OrdHibby
26-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Hmmm
Giveaway much, yam troll?

:faf:

leggeto
26-07-2013, 11:09 PM
sir tom farmer is a living legend end of :flag:

Waxy
27-07-2013, 11:25 AM
It's they who are to blame for our worst ever result at Easter road.
And they who must pay the price.
Either Go OR get the Finger out now.
Livid.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2013, 12:31 PM
It's they who are to blame for our worst ever result at Easter road.
And they who must pay the price.
Either Go OR get the Finger out now.
Livid.

Who, or what, would you replace them with?

Waxy
27-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Who, or what, would you replace them with?Well the current board may know how to run a football club,but they don't know how to run a winning football club.
So almost anyone would have a better chance of doing better.
The current lot have proved they have no clue.

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2013, 05:06 PM
sir tom farmer is a living legend end of :flag:

As the man who saved the club from possible .. though not inevitable .. extinction there is no doubt about that. As long as there is a Hibernian football club STF will be right up there with the Harry Swans and Famous Fives and Pat Stantons etc etc.

But one major factor in the making of a legend is that they knew when it was time to quit before they give the public other things to rember them for other than the stuff which makes them a legend.

Struggling to think of any examples though. Oh wait a minute I know. The two worst results in the history of any owner of the club, hows that for a start.

The way things are going STF is going to end up a legend at two clubs.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2013, 05:15 PM
As the man who saved the club from possible .. though not inevitable .. extinction there is no doubt about that. As long as there is a Hibernian football club STF will be right up there with the Harry Swans and Famous Fives and Pat Stantons etc etc.

But one major factor in the making of a legend is that they knew when it was time to quit before they give the public other things to rember them for other than the stuff which makes them a legend.

Struggling to think of any examples though. Oh wait a minute I know. The two worst results in the history of any owner of the club, hows that for a start.

The way things are going STF is going to end up a legend at two clubs.

The point was made earlier that STF and RP, being the men with the majority shareholdings, can't be shifted. Whilst that's true in a legal sense, I do wonder if there was some sort of "statement" by the fan-shareholders, STF might actually listen. It would have to be carefully made, as I know he can be very defensive of his (and Rod's) stewardship. However, a sensible approach might have the desired effect.....

Whatever that is :rolleyes:

DarlingtonHibee
27-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Of course Cropley. Rod, Bruce, Brian, Amanda and Colin are all unpaid. Maybe the board should be just there as a steering group. From what I gather you can't fart at Hibs without Rod's approval. I'm just curious what track record of success Rod had in business that made him qualified to lead a sporting organisation such as Hibernian FC?

I am sure he eats, sleeps, breathes Hibs, is a highly honourable man and has the support of Sir Tom and the Board. In my eyes though other CEO's/Chairmen are outperforming him by a significant distance. Hibs need a high performance culture, visionary leadership and strong supporter confidence. Rod has presided over years of malaise, underachievement and a disconnected relationship between management, players and supporters. We are a soft, unfit company for whom poor performances and media ridicule have become the norm.

If I were running a business with those results, I would do the honourable thing.................and resign

I'm as hacked off as any other Hibs fan, but these word's are so easy to write - but you have missed one - reality.

Who do you honestly believe would be a better owner, or Chairman ( he worked for zero last year).

Look at the state of the club, and Easter Road when they arrived - do you really think STF or RP need the money ?

How do you become a millionaire football owner _ start with a billion.

Be careful what you wish for....

My only thoughts are (and I have no knowledge) - are the contract's hungry enough (ie basic, plus well incentivised win plan).

Thursday was a nightmare, but let's try and get behind the team.

Captain Trips
27-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Fenlon cannot leave without all those involved in appointing him going as well. STF will have entrusted the people he has under him to get it right they havent and its time he stepped in and removed them.

I do not wish this current board to go anywhere near recruiting a manager Calderwood was beyond a debacle and IMO Fenlon is 2yrs wasted.

Everyone out.

jeffers
27-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Fenlon cannot leave without all those involved in appointing him going as well. STF will have entrusted the people he has under him to get it right they havent and its time he stepped in and removed them.

I do not wish this current board to go anywhere near recruiting a manager Calderwood was beyond a debacle and IMO Fenlon is 2yrs wasted.

Everyone out.
If we are to believe what was said when Fenlon was appointed haven't those who were involved in it already left ?

Diclonius
27-07-2013, 06:09 PM
What a lot of people don't realise is that Petrie was not chairman when we appointed Mowbray - he took over in December 2004, seven months later.

The way I see it, Petrie has a 20% success rate as chairman in appointing managers, purely because Collins actually won a trophy. The rest of his tenure was mediocre at best. Let's break it down, shall we?

Collins - Won League Cup.
Mixu - Failure.
Yogi - Failure.
Calderwood - ****.
Fenlon - Failure.

Should a man who has presided over one of our worst periods in our recent history, or who has failed to appoint a manager who hasn't later been sacked, "mutually consented" or resigned based on poor results really justify staying in control of Hibs?

Thanks for the East Stand and the nice shiny training centre Petrie, it's a shame you haven't overseen a squad worthy of training at or playing in front of them.

DarlingtonHibee
27-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Everyone out.

Never going to happen in a million year's - if Rod goes STF will go - then we would be in trouble.....

Got a short list of obvious buyers ?

Leith Green
27-07-2013, 06:22 PM
What a lot of people don't realise is that Petrie was not chairman when we appointed Mowbray - he took over in December 2004, seven months later.

The way I see it, Petrie has a 20% success rate as chairman in appointing managers, purely because Collins actually won a trophy. The rest of his tenure was mediocre at best. Let's break it down, shall we?

Collins - Won League Cup.
Mixu - Failure.
Yogi - Failure.
Calderwood - ****.
Fenlon - Failure.

Should a man who has presided over one of our worst periods in our recent history, or who has failed to appoint a manager who hasn't later been sacked, "mutually consented" or resigned based on poor results really justify staying in control of Hibs?

Thanks for the East Stand and the nice shiny training centre Petrie, it's a shame you haven't overseen a squad worthy of training at or playing in front of them.

Agree with this. To be any sort of success as a managing director of a football club, surely means some level of success or even continued progress on the park.. New stands and facilities are good, but a winning team is more important

Bad Martini
27-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Does anyone think anything farmer might make (oxymoron) from Hibs is worth the hassle given his personal wealth and age?

I mean does anyone really think he'd turn down a good offer that is in the best interests of the club? And that he's in it for the money???

I mean seriously? :rolleyes:

I'm as Pissed off as the next man at the current state of Hibs. Seriously. But even I thank the Almighty stf owns Hibs and not some dodgy eastern European business man.

The man who made his fortune via kwik fit knows how money is made. Real money isn't made by buying an ailing fitba team.

The mutants have a case to moan about their owners..... We are certainly infinitely better than their predicament.

GGTTH