PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

R'Albin
25-07-2013, 09:44 PM
I promise you all this isn't some sort of troll thread.

For the sake of those of us who were (fortunately) streamless, was there any guys even near to being worth pass marks?

Seekyit
25-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm promise you all this isn't some sort of troll thread.

For the sake of those of us who were (fortunately) streamless, was there any guys even near to being worth pass marks?

Vine. Craig.

green.and.white
25-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Thomson played quite well. That was it

Allant1981
25-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I actually thought lewis had a decent game, hopefully our new striker is quicker than vine, i swear i seen my 86yr old gran run quicker

SmallvilleHibee
25-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Taiwo was second best.

dp00
25-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Handling Second half

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Chuck Rhoades
Thomson good in spells.

Handling - could have won so many 60/40s in his favour never mind 50/50s but he's an utter *****bag!

Stevenson - right back Fenlon? FFS right back!!

Williams - worst game to date. Still a decent keeper.

Zemamma10
For quality absolutely nobody.

hibee_girl
25-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I thought Handling played well, he certainly gave it his all.

Thought Thomson was the worst midfielder.

Argylehibby
25-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Taiwo was second best.

Not to anyone in a Hibs jersey he wasn't. Best player we had by a mile, but for some reason our enlightened manager opted to take him off.

SmallvilleHibee
25-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Not to anyone in a Hibs jersey he wasn't. Best player we had by a mile, but for some reason our enlightened manager opted to take him off.
Thomson was good first 20 minutes

Allant1981
25-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I thought Handling played well, he certainly gave it his all.

Thought Thomson was the worst midfielder.

You seriously thought handling played well?

frazeHFC
25-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Williams -2
Stevenson 3
McPake -1
Forster 5
Hanlon 4
Harris 5
Craig 4
Taiwo 5
Thomson 5
Handling 3
Vine 3

SaulGoodman
Collins - 3 Didn't even see him touch the ball! 200'000? What a joke.

Hibstrooper
Williams 2 - didn't make a single save

Stevenson 3 - more one footed than I am and I can't play football
McPake 3 - injured or taken off because was just crap? Hard to tell
Hanson 2 - powderpuff
Forster 4 - Schoolboy defending but that was a level above the others

Harris 3 - absolutely nothing came off for him
Thomson 4 - meh
Taiwo 4 - meh
Craig 3 - won a couple of headers early on, that was it

Handling 4 - livelyish
Vine 3 - nothing of note

Mullen 4
Robertson 4
Stanton 3

SmallvilleHibee
25-07-2013, 09:56 PM
You seriously thought handling played well?
Handling was better than Vine which isn't hard to be. 3rd worst on the park.

confused
25-07-2013, 09:58 PM
FENLON MUST GO ??? we cant even agree who had a half decent game , yet everyone thinks they know best , reading these posts we had enough players to get a result ? and even i know that is not how it was , one says stevenson was good ? the other says he was'nt ? someone says handling was good ? the other never knew if he was still on the park , ?? come on lads take time and think .

Cauld Bovril
25-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Thomson, Hibs man of the match with a 5. Can`t be arsed typing the rest.

TAHibby
25-07-2013, 09:59 PM
I think Handling will do well this season.

davieh
25-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Williams 2

Stevenson 2
Forster 4
McPake 2
Hanlon 3

Craig 3
Taiwo 5
Thomson 2
Harris 2

Handling 3
Vine 5

GreenPJ
Williams - 2 (culpable for at least 2 and think he might have been able to do better with the first but would need to see it again)
Stevenson - 4 (2 in the first half, 5.5 in the second, the only player who took it down the wing and put in a few good crosses)
McPake - 1 (never fit and still maverick)
Forster - 4 (struggled for pace but looked better with Hanlon beside him and kept going till the end)
Hanlon - 3 (caught out a few times and still has no real composure on the ball but can play the odd great long ball)
Harris - 2 (never at the races, I hope its because he is carrying an injury as opposed to all of his good bits being managed out of him)
Taiwo - 4 (tried as ever and never stops running but lacks composure)
Thomson - 4 (some good things, some really bad and for someone who was touted as captain the head was down way too early)
Craig - 5 (good delivery and knows how to foul when he needs to, a positive signing but suffered from being switched left to right on a few occassions)
Handling - 7.5 (the real positive, never stopped running, got stuck in, showed skill and composure when no one else did)
Vine - 5.5 (good first 20 mins and then looked knackered)

Mullen - 4 (looked really raw at first but did improve)
Robertson - 5 (another positive, looks much better after a pre-season, one of the few that looked fit)
Stanton - 4 (never really into the game although was in the box 3 times for balls coming in which was more than any other midfielder in 80 mins)

Fenlon - 0, no structure, no shape, no learning, I still struggle with the signings we have made to date nothing within any real invention, we don't attack but don't defend either but we have a plethora of midfielders)

strummbo
handling did ok second half in a gareth evans run about kinda way

williams could have done better for a few of the goals

all defenders looked unfit and off the pace totally apart from mullen who is simply too small

craig was dire. thompson was pedestrian. taiwo was trying, harris showed very little

vine huffed and puffed and did nothing of merit.

most of them including the subs looked unfit

mcpake needs to have a think about his fitness levels

all in all a dreadful effort.

confused
25-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm away to get p----, this is worse than the game , even the fans have'nt a clue now ,

SaulGoodman
Handling was better than Vine which isn't hard to be. 3rd worst on the park.

Vine has something there, think he'll be okay provided we're not getting pummelled by a 5ft2 whippet

Unseen work
Williams - 2
Mullen - 1
Hanlon -1
Forster - 1
Stevenson -1

Harris -1
Thomson- 4
Taiwo - 2
Craig - 1 (be lucky if he touched the ball twice)

Handling - 4
Vine - 3

Only handling and Thomson tried to get on the ball alot and done the most when got it. Vine worked hard but never got much. As for the comment about handling bottling tackles obv never watched the game as he was getting stuck in about everyone and won alot of challenges

shamo9
25-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Only difference this week - even Ben Williams had a stinker. Fumbled a shot straight into the path of a forward for the sixth goal.

Feel a bit sorry for Liam Craig. Ask any St Johnstone fan and they'll tell you in a heartbeat that he's much more effective centrally behind the striker. It seems we've brought him in to play outwide where he gets lost. We've got an abundance of central midfielders but only one natural wide player and no one who can play on the right.

Harris and Stevenson also started the match out of position, great endorsement of Mullen if Fenlon favours a left footer at right back.

I don't care how much James McPake protests, he clearly has serious back issues and as a result we have serious issues at the back with Clancy also always in a state of recovering from injury. We need a superstar at centre half to make something out of that defence.

Bare minimum 3 quality players (right winger, defender, mobile striker) needed ASAP if we're to have any chance of a decent season.

Beefster
25-07-2013, 10:02 PM
I actually thought lewis had a decent game, hopefully our new striker is quicker than vine, i swear i seen my 86yr old gran run quicker

They could replay that game an infinite number of times in an infinite number of universes and in none of them would it actually be true that Stevenson had a decent game.

He was rotten (like the vast majority of them).

Unseen work
25-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Only difference this week - even Ben Williams had a stinker. Fumbled a shot straight into the path of a forward for the sixth goal.

Feel a bit sorry for Liam Craig. Ask any St Johnstone fan and they'll tell you in a heartbeat that he's much more effective centrally behind the striker. It seems we've brought him in to play outwide where he gets lost. We've got an abundance of central midfielders but only one natural wide player and no one who can play on the right.

Harris and Stevenson also started the match out of position, great endorsement of Mullen if Fenlon favours a left footer at right back.

I don't care how much James McPake protests, he clearly has serious back issues and as a result we have serious issues at the back with Clancy also always in a state of recovering from injury. We need a superstar at centre half to make something out of that defence.

Bare minimum 3 quality players (right winger, defender, mobile striker) needed ASAP if we're to have any chance of a decent season.

Harris out of position? He is a right winger. Yeah he's been more effective on left but still a right winger. Today just wasn't his day, he's a young lad though, he will learn from this. To be fair theirs not alot he could of done everyone was horrendous

Sir David Gray
25-07-2013, 10:15 PM
There were no positives to take out of tonight.

None whatsoever.

Nightmare from start to finish.

monktonharp
25-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Handling Second half

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2:agree:and Thompson to a certain degree. that's it oh btw, anyone saying Stevenson had a good game, well that is the funniest thing I've heard for a while.

Chuck Rhoades
25-07-2013, 10:20 PM
There were no positives to take out of tonight.

None whatsoever.

Nightmare from start to finish.

Spot on. Arguably one of the worst result in our history and people are willing to try find positives? As soft as the team FFS.

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2013, 10:20 PM

I thought Thomson was awful, nobody that played tonight gets passmarks, woeful, gutless, inept, shocking, not at the races etc....

Not sure where we go from here?

Kiddo
25-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Williams 2 - didn't make a single save

Stevenson 3 - more one footed than I am and I can't play football
McPake 3 - injured or taken off because was just crap? Hard to tell
Hanson 2 - powderpuff
Forster 4 - Schoolboy defending but that was a level above the others

Harris 3 - absolutely nothing came off for him
Thomson 4 - meh
Taiwo 4 - meh
Craig 3 - won a couple of headers early on, that was it

Handling 4 - livelyish
Vine 3 - nothing of note

Mullen 4
Robertson 4
Stanton 3

How can you honestly give McPake a 3? At best he was a 0. Can ***** off along with Fenlon

monktonharp
25-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Williams - 2
Mullen - 1
Hanlon -1
Forster - 1
Stevenson -1

Harris -1
Thomson- 4
Taiwo - 2
Craig - 1 (be lucky if he touched the ball twice)

Handling - 4
Vine - 3

Only handling and Thomson tried to get on the ball alot and done the most when got it. Vine worked hard but never got much. As for the comment about handling bottling tackles obv never watched the game as he was getting stuck in about everyone and won alot of challengeshandling:agree:thompson:agree: forget the rest, but the goalie gets -2, for 2 horrendous misses

IainA
25-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Williams - 2 (culpable for at least 2 and think he might have been able to do better with the first but would need to see it again)
Stevenson - 4 (2 in the first half, 5.5 in the second, the only player who took it down the wing and put in a few good crosses)
McPake - 1 (never fit and still maverick)
Forster - 4 (struggled for pace but looked better with Hanlon beside him and kept going till the end)
Hanlon - 3 (caught out a few times and still has no real composure on the ball but can play the odd great long ball)
Harris - 2 (never at the races, I hope its because he is carrying an injury as opposed to all of his good bits being managed out of him)
Taiwo - 4 (tried as ever and never stops running but lacks composure)
Thomson - 4 (some good things, some really bad and for someone who was touted as captain the head was down way too early)
Craig - 5 (good delivery and knows how to foul when he needs to, a positive signing but suffered from being switched left to right on a few occassions)
Handling - 7.5 (the real positive, never stopped running, got stuck in, showed skill and composure when no one else did)
Vine - 5.5 (good first 20 mins and then looked knackered)

Mullen - 4 (looked really raw at first but did improve)
Robertson - 5 (another positive, looks much better after a pre-season, one of the few that looked fit)
Stanton - 4 (never really into the game although was in the box 3 times for balls coming in which was more than any other midfielder in 80 mins)

Fenlon - 0, no structure, no shape, no learning, I still struggle with the signings we have made to date nothing within any real invention, we don't attack but don't defend either but we have a plethora of midfielders)

Spot on. This team did not deserve the support tonight. So many of us staying to the end too.
we nee a couple of strikers who can actually move into positions and offer options.
i did think that Thomson was the best of the team tonight though.

Billy Whizz
25-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I thought Thomson was awful, nobody that played tonight gets passmarks, woeful, gutless, inept, shocking, not at the races etc....

He started well, but went downhill like the rest of them. I felt sorry for him as he wanted to pass to a Hibs player and get a return pass. But we lost it as soon as we passed it to a team mate. We seemed incapable of playing more than one or two passes all night

lucky
25-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Willams 3, 1 save at fault with 2 goals

Stevenson 3 average player played out of position
McPake 1 poor before being taken off
Foster 2 tried really struggled
Hanlon 1 poor at LB worse at CH

Craig 3 tried but not much around him
Katie 0 cost 2 goal including the crucial first with poor passes
Tawio 2 runs about but not much else
Harris 2 never in the game

Handling 1 poor mans Garth Evans
Vine 4 tried to hold the ball up but nothing around him

Mullen 3 tried more than most
Robbo 3 not a fan but again never gave up
Stanton 2 never in the game in his cameo appearance

Fenlon Oh dear, Think he'll be heading over the water shortly

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2013, 10:25 PM
He started well, but went downhill like the rest of them. I felt sorry for him as he wanted to pass to a Hibs player and get a return pass. But we lost it as soon as we passed it to a team mate. We seemed incapable of playing more than one or two passes all night

One of the worst performances from the team I have witnessed, each one should be ashamed of themselves tonight......

Billy Whizz
25-07-2013, 10:26 PM
One of the worst performances from the team I have witnessed, each one should be ashamed of themselves tonight......

100% agree, and I feel embarrassed tonight. Where do we go from here

Benny Brazil
25-07-2013, 10:29 PM

This.

The only rating each player gets is: pish.

Bobo
25-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Williams -7 never tried to communicate with or organise the shambles in front of him
Stevenson P45 get rid
McPake P45 get rid
Hanlon P45 get rid
Forster -2 young lad out of his depth with no guidance, brought down to the level of *****e all around him
Harris -2 no guidance, school boy performance, naive in the extreme.
Thomson -7 showed no leadership, no influence or performance
Taiwo -7 ineffectual, shown up to be less than average
Craig -7 has adjusted quickly to produce sub-standard performances he wasn't capable of at St Johnstone
Handling -2 little boy lost, he's a headless chicken and would struggle to shine in the ladies team at the moment
Vine -7 offered nothing from the nothing he was offered

Fenlon -1875 he taken us back to the year dot, totally inept and the biggest embarrassment of a manager in the history of Hibernian FC the sooner he GTF the better.

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Williams -7 never tried to communicate with or organise the shambles in front of him
Stevenson P45 get rid
McPake P45 get rid
Hanlon P45 get rid
Forster -2 young lad out of his depth with no guidance, brought down to the level of *****e all around him
Harris -2 no guidance, school boy performance, naive in the extreme.
Thomson -7 showed no leadership, no influence or performance
Taiwo -7 ineffectual, shown up to be less than average
Craig -7 has adjusted quickly to produce sub-standard performances he wasn't capable of at St Johnstone
Handling -2 little boy lost, he's a headless chicken and would struggle to shine in the ladies team at the moment
Vine -7 offered nothing from the nothing he was offered

Fenlon -1875 he taken us back to the year dot, totally inept and the biggest embarrassment of a manager in the history of Hibernian FC the sooner he GTF the better.

better get yer :tin hat: on

theonlywayisup
25-07-2013, 10:38 PM

Don't think anyone deserves a 7.5 in a seven nil, going on double figures display.

I am happy to be proven wrong, but don't see much in Handling. Happy to be proven wrong.

theonlywayisup
25-07-2013, 10:40 PM

100% correct. Shocking display.

kevinc
25-07-2013, 10:45 PM

He was involved in at least 3 of the goals, ****ing imposter.

davieh
25-07-2013, 10:46 PM

Completely agree with this. Thomson for Claros looks worse than Vine for Leigh

Pretty Boy
25-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Williams - 1. Had one decent save, horror show by his, or any, standard.

Stevenson - 2. Up against a good player, hung out to dry in the 1st half by the 'manager'.
McPake - 1. If not fit the get him away until he is, if he is fit then he's just shocking.
Forster -3. Not his best, one of the few who looks good enough to learn anything from it.
Hanlon - 2. Poor, very poor.

Craig - 3. Tried hard, wasn't good enough.
Thomson - 3. Showed in flashes he was our only player close to Malmos level. Pish in other flashes.
Taiwo - 3. Overrun like the rest of the midfield.
Harris - 2. Lot to learn. sometimes less is more.

Handling -2. Tried hard, not a lot came off, not ready for the 1st team.
Vine - 3. Worled his erse off, no service, needs someone with pace playing off him.

Mullen - 2. Looked ok going forward, exposed at the back.
Robertson - 2. Didn't add a lot
Stanton - No time.

AlbertK86
25-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Thomson did ok and looked able to play a pass. Showed passion

Forster ... If hasn't been for him would have been at least double figures. Best defender by a mile

Handling second half tried his heart out and did ok

Hanlon and Stevenson ..... Dire and have been for years ... Whilst in our team we will leak goals constantly

Vine and Craig ... Poor from both .... Both lazy and sloppy

Taiwo Williams Harris - all had worst games in Hibs strip

davieh
25-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Thomson did ok and looked able to play a pass. Showed passion

Forster ... If hasn't been for him would have been at least double figures. Best defender by a mile

Handling second half tried his heart out and did ok

Hanlon and Stevenson ..... Dire and have been for years ... Whilst in our team we will leak goals constantly

Vine and Craig ... Poor from both .... Both lazy and sloppy

Taiwo Williams Harris - all had worst games in Hibs strip

Don't think its fair to say Vine was lazy; he worked his socks off (sloppy...maybe)

MyJo
25-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Vine did not too bad and was the only one willing to have a pop at goal, held up the ball for others but the back up from midfield just wasn't there and he looked knackered after half an hour.

Handling ran his socks off and showed some nice touches but he had absolutely no support and was surrounded by 3 or 4 Malmo players within seconds of him getting the ball most of the time.

Craig battled well but looked lost out wide.

Mullen looked lively when he came on and seems to take a decent set piece

Everyone else on the pitch were complete guff

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Williams ... worst game ever for us.

Stevenson .... Always tries .. simply not good enough.

McPake ... He is injured .. or if he isnt he should look for a level he can play at.

Hanlon ... Not as bad as some say, but no pace and he gets found out as a result.

Forster ... please god get some quality to play beside him before all the promise evaporates.

Craig ... no impact at all

Taiwo ... I like him, but tonight not at the races.

Thomson ... made nothing happen, everything goes back or sideways.

Handling ... cant / wont shoot .... thats it.

Vine ... athletes shouldnt have beards unless they are shot putters ... thats all.

Harris ... the poor lad looked out of his depth tonight.

Subs ... they must have been praying not to be brought on.

Manager ............... cheerio Pat.

snooky
25-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Handling Second halfSent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Agree 100%.
Our only bit of football and REAL effort came from him in the second half.
The poor laddie was absolutely knacked at the end.
Keep him bin & the others - all of them.

gegs70
25-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Well we know no one gets pass marks and they didnt even need to go up a gear. Seemed like their players had a bit of pace and lst us evey time.

We were an embarresmnt to Lawrie Reilly, to hibs and Scotland....

But is it Fenlon, possibly partly to blame but we seem to spend so much time penny pinching that we end up not geting realistic targets. We ended up signing vine as a striker because we vouldnt tie down lyle taylir nor Griffiths.....Also mcmanus chose motherwell after spending a trial period with hibs...why was that? 3-4 Managers failed at hibs....

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Thomson, Hibs man of the match with a 5. Can`t be arsed typing the rest.

Agreed. Thomson did well.

snooky
25-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Williams ... worst game ever for us.

Stevenson .... Always tries .. simply not good enough.

McPake ... He is injured .. or if he isnt he should look for a level he can play at.

Hanlon ... Not as bad as some say, but no pace and he gets found out as a result.

Forster ... please god get some quality to play beside him before all the promise evaporates.

Craig ... no impact at all

Taiwo ... I like him, but tonight not at the races.

Thomson ... made nothing happen, everything goes back or sideways.

Handling ... cant / wont shoot .... thats it.

Vine ... athletes shouldnt have beards unless they are shot putters ... thats all.

Harris ... the poor lad looked out of his depth tonight.

Subs ... they must have been praying not to be brought on.

Manager ............... cheerio Pat.

This 100% - except, as I said above, I thought Handling had a good 2nd half.

IFONLY
26-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Agreed. Thomson did well.

As I was in the West upper I honestly thought we had signed Barry Ferguson until I realised it was Thomson.

leithsansiro
26-07-2013, 10:03 AM
For what it's worth, I think we were outclassed by a better team, who clearly looked like they could score whenever they wanted. We started okay and looked competitive until Malmo decided to take it up a gear. Let's not kid ourselves, every SPL team would have lost that game, but perhaps not quite in that manner. They were lucky, but we made it incredibly easy for them.

Williams 3 - didn't look confident in his defence and was left exposed too many times. The spilt shot said it all

Stevenson 4 - playing a left footed player at right back makes no attacking sense as he constantly had to cut inside to pick a pass (but was not at fault as much as people seem to think)
McPake 3 - won a few decent headers early on but wasn't fit. Probably would have got done for pace more often by their striker had he not come off.
Hanlon 4 - a few decent tackles but didn't dominate the back line enough once McPake went off
Forster 4 - played his way out of trouble a couple of times but positionally caught out a bit too often (though I think he'll learn from it) - needs someone dominant alongside him

Harris 5 - worked hard and chased back, but had few options on the few occasions he was able to get forward
Thomson 4 - a few decent touches and tackles, but didn't get a grip on Malmo's midfield
Taiwo 5 - made some decent tackles but faded in and out of the game, particularly after the booking
Craig 4 - needs to be playing more centrally as he looked lost out wide
Handling 4 - was fairly anonymous in the first half, showed a bit more in the second but it was too late by then
Vine 5 - seemed to spend too much time dropping deep to pick up / flick on without any runners going beyond him - looks like he's better with a partner rather than up by himself

Mullen 4 - gave a better balance to the back line, needs time to gel with the team
Robertson 4 - more vocal than the vast majority of his teammates, probably ought to have started
Stanton - some decent touches but already up against it.

Some wee quick questions while I'm here
- why was every touch by Mullen jeered, with any mistake he made met with a loud torrent of abuse? ("F*** off back to Gorgie, ya F***ing Jambo p***k") - how is that supposed to help?
- why are some people on here getting stuck into Hanlon, Stevenson and Handling as being the root off all the problems here? Crap results or not, I'd rather have local boys who care about the club playing for Hibs than 11 mercenaries any day. No wonder Scotland doesn't produce decent talent when we get on top of homegrown players as much as that. Handling is a 19 year old boy - professional footballer or not, did the bloke sitting behind me really think that shouting at him that he's "a f***ing heartless p**f" would benefit his play? FFS
- what formation were we actually playing? Did the players know?
- Lastly, and again this is aimed at the deadbeat sat just in front of me, why did you think it was appropriate to swear loudly at your son (who looked about 9 or 10) when he asked if Malmo were going to score again?

Bad night at the office. Hibs will pick themselves up and dust themselves down and will move on.
GGTTH

clerriehibs
26-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Vine. Craig.

Neither of them. Both slow and off the pace.

Thomson tried to play a bit of football, but was surround by pub tram players.

*team - although maybe tram fits

TAHibby
26-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Can anybody justify why Fenlon started the game with the defence he did? Genuinely asking.

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2013, 06:08 PM
For what it's worth, I think we were outclassed by a better team, who clearly looked like they could score whenever they wanted. We started okay and looked competitive until Malmo decided to take it up a gear. Let's not kid ourselves, every SPL team would have lost that game, but perhaps not quite in that manner. They were lucky, but we made it incredibly easy for them.

Williams 3 - didn't look confident in his defence and was left exposed too many times. The spilt shot said it all

Stevenson 4 - playing a left footed player at right back makes no attacking sense as he constantly had to cut inside to pick a pass (but was not at fault as much as people seem to think)
McPake 3 - won a few decent headers early on but wasn't fit. Probably would have got done for pace more often by their striker had he not come off.
Hanlon 4 - a few decent tackles but didn't dominate the back line enough once McPake went off
Forster 4 - played his way out of trouble a couple of times but positionally caught out a bit too often (though I think he'll learn from it) - needs someone dominant alongside him

Harris 5 - worked hard and chased back, but had few options on the few occasions he was able to get forward
Thomson 4 - a few decent touches and tackles, but didn't get a grip on Malmo's midfield
Taiwo 5 - made some decent tackles but faded in and out of the game, particularly after the booking
Craig 4 - needs to be playing more centrally as he looked lost out wide
Handling 4 - was fairly anonymous in the first half, showed a bit more in the second but it was too late by then
Vine 5 - seemed to spend too much time dropping deep to pick up / flick on without any runners going beyond him - looks like he's better with a partner rather than up by himself

Mullen 4 - gave a better balance to the back line, needs time to gel with the team
Robertson 4 - more vocal than the vast majority of his teammates, probably ought to have started
Stanton - some decent touches but already up against it.

Some wee quick questions while I'm here
- why was every touch by Mullen jeered, with any mistake he made met with a loud torrent of abuse? ("F*** off back to Gorgie, ya F***ing Jambo p***k") - how is that supposed to help?
- why are some people on here getting stuck into Hanlon, Stevenson and Handling as being the root off all the problems here? Crap results or not, I'd rather have local boys who care about the club playing for Hibs than 11 mercenaries any day. No wonder Scotland doesn't produce decent talent when we get on top of homegrown players as much as that. Handling is a 19 year old boy - professional footballer or not, did the bloke sitting behind me really think that shouting at him that he's "a f***ing heartless p**f" would benefit his play? FFS
- what formation were we actually playing? Did the players know?
- Lastly, and again this is aimed at the deadbeat sat just in front of me, why did you think it was appropriate to swear loudly at your son (who looked about 9 or 10) when he asked if Malmo were going to score again?

Bad night at the office. Hibs will pick themselves up and dust themselves down and will move on.
GGTTH

The bit in bold.

I have been banging on and on and on about this for bloody years. I dont know what the coaches do at East Mains, but we never ever see a hibs midfielder run past the man with the ball into space .... ever !!! its basic and effective attacking play. The same goes, as you say here, when we hit long balls ... On the few occasions when our front man does win it there is never anybody taking a chance that he might do and running into the box.

On that note: I was critical of Thomson because he plays everything sideways or backwards ... but I suppose when there is an utter lack of movement in front of you there isnt much else you can do FFS.

Chump
26-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I think Handling will do well this season.

on what basis......not convinced he has 'a position', if it is as I striker I've never seen someone look so out of place up front!! He has no physique to play with his back to goal, can't head the ball, he does not make intelligent 'in behind runs', don't see him link up well, wouldn't say he looks like a natural goalscorer either as not sure I've seen him shoot yet....can you see him scoring goals soon in the same way Riordan, Stokes GO'C did?? When he has played out wide he didn't really get bums off their seats so jury is well and truly out for me!!

nothing excites Hibs fans more than the next big thing coming through the ranks and I'd stick my mortgage on him not getting close to that bracket!!

TAHibby
27-07-2013, 09:58 AM
on what basis......not convinced he has 'a position', if it is as I striker I've never seen someone look so out of place up front!! He has no physique to play with his back to goal, can't head the ball, he does not make intelligent 'in behind runs', don't see him link up well, wouldn't say he looks like a natural goalscorer either as not sure I've seen him shoot yet....can you see him scoring goals soon in the same way Riordan, Stokes GO'C did?? When he has played out wide he didn't really get bums off their seats so jury is well and truly out for me!!

nothing excites Hibs fans more than the next big thing coming through the ranks and I'd stick my mortgage on him not getting close to that bracket!!

Maybe I know absolutely nothing and I'm completely wrong about him but it's the way I see him. I don't think it's completely fair for him to be written off at this stage, especially with two games against that strength of opposition. I don't necessarily disagree with the points you made above about him but not every player that goes on to have a great career is a world beater at 19. I hope I'm right and he will develop a lot this season.