PDA

View Full Version : Nothing can ever be as humiliating as losing 0-7 at home

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Malmo were streets ahead, eh.

frazeHFC
25-07-2013, 09:39 PM
That black guy up front for them tore us apart. Primary school defending.

EDIT: That's maybe being a bit too harsh on my brothers P5 team

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 09:40 PM
0-7 at home, but...

1two
25-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Worst home result for us since .....? Anyone know?

Seekyit
25-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Malmo were streets ahead, eh.

Those two words. Said them several times the night.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-07-2013, 09:44 PM
we'll be in a relegation battle with hearts unless we get a couple of defenders.

mutley
For what I saw (on the crap hibs TV xtra feed.... When it felt like working) was that every time a hibs player had the ball, he was smothered with black shirts. Everything a malmo player had the ball, green shirts were no where near them...... Apart from when they fancied collecting a yellow card

wazoo1875

I would guess ever?!!

Purple & Green
25-07-2013, 09:45 PM

Since we lost to Dumbarton 9-1 in 1890. We haven't lost 7 at home since, until tonight.

Bad Martini
25-07-2013, 09:47 PM
THAT pish I just witnessed and now accept as being the forerunner to the season, confirms that I did indeed waste over seven hundred quid on season tickets.

Bottom line; if THAT is the best we can do, to do it for Lawrie, we are an embarrassment to the great man and his memory. Lawrie Reilly done more for Hibs at 84 from the west stand on match day as a host than those losers WILL Ever do and I don't care what the ****ing pc we will be ok/it's all transition brigade say about that. That is unacceptable. ENDOF.

We COULD have gone down fighting. We aren't even so good as to lose with good ****ing grace.

THAT was an abomination of the name Hibernian and I'm only glad the Famous Five weren't around to see just how far we have fallen but worse still, how much balls we DON'T have when it comes down to it.

****ingwell shocking. Might be green and die a Hibby but today am ashamed to say we ****ed up and lost to a Better team AND ourselves which is never acceptable.

Bad day and at the worst time...rather than honour our greatest centre forward we embarrassed ourselves big time.

I just hope the rot stops here for all our ****ing sakes.

Pish.

ENDOF

Devilstorment
25-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Now i know how Jambo's feel!

TAHibby
25-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I was intrigued that he may be the quickest player I've ever seen so I looked at that Ranties (black guy) stats on fifa. If it's any interest to anyone: Acceleration - 92, Sprint speed - 92, Agility - 93 and also has 'speedster'. Makes the result ok. :doh:

Hibbyradge
26-07-2013, 12:02 AM
We lost the first goal, the players knew the tie was over. Any edge we had evaporated.

Malmo knew they had won so they relaxed knowing we could never score 4 and their football got better and better.

We also lost our captain, never to return. L

marinello59
26-07-2013, 12:05 AM
THAT pish I just witnessed and now accept as being the forerunner to the season, confirms that I did indeed waste over seven hundred quid on season tickets.

Bottom line; if THAT is the best we can do, to do it for Lawrie, we are an embarrassment to the great man and his memory. Lawrie Reilly done more for Hibs at 84 from the west stand on match day as a host than those losers WILL Ever do and I don't care what the ****ing pc we will be ok/it's all transition brigade say about that. That is unacceptable. ENDOF.

We COULD have gone down fighting. We aren't even so good as to lose with good ****ing grace.

THAT was an abomination of the name Hibernian and I'm only glad the Famous Five weren't around to see just how far we have fallen but worse still, how much balls we DON'T have when it comes down to it.

****ingwell shocking. Might be green and die a Hibby but today am ashamed to say we ****ed up and lost to a Better team AND ourselves which is never acceptable.

Bad day and at the worst time...rather than honour our greatest centre forward we embarrassed ourselves big time.

I just hope the rot stops here for all our ****ing sakes.

Pish.

ENDOF

I agree with all of that.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Since we lost to Dumbarton 9-1 in 1890. We haven't lost 7 at home since, until tonight.

This progress under Fenlon is great eh?

Worst home result since 1890
Worst aggregate result for a Scottish team in Europe
THAT cup final
11th and 7th place finishes in a piss poor league
Pumped out the League Cup away to Queen of the South

The Voice Of Reason
26-07-2013, 12:09 AM

THAT cup final

And yet some people on here are still behind Fenlon..............christ knows why. :confused:

No-one likes the managerial merry-go-round, but at what point do you accept that Fenlon is not the answer ?!?!? NOW I WOULD SAY !!!!!

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2013, 12:18 AM

THAT cup final

When you put it like that, it's grim. Perhaps he'll walk before a decision is made. I'd like to give him the chance to start the league season. Let's see where we are after half a dozen games.

matty_f
26-07-2013, 01:04 AM
When you put it like that, it's grim. Perhaps he'll walk before a decision is made. I'd like to give him the chance to start the league season. Let's see where we are after half a dozen games.

Would think he needs to have an awfy good start to the season to survive this. He'll be a lucky man to keep his job, he's served up two of the worst defeats of my time supporting Hibs. Disgrace doesn't even begin to describe it.

Pete
26-07-2013, 01:19 AM
We lost the first goal, the players knew the tie was over. Any edge we had evaporated.

Malmo knew they had won so they relaxed knowing we could never score 4 and their football got better and better.

We also lost our captain, never to return. L

Game in a nutshell.

Our teams confidence popped like a balloon after that first goal. I think any belief that the crowd had evaporated after the second leading to a total collapse.

And you're right about them relaxing. Not physically, but mentally they just cut loose and played with utter confidence.

Anyway, it could have been worse. If we had lost 5-1 that would have killed us as a club. Apparently you die if you lose 5-1

...or is that die if you win 5-1? I forget.

lapsedhibee
26-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Taking one step back to get a very slightly wider view, and taking the focus off the manager's shortcomings, it was clear from the Maribor game at ER several years ago that we are nowhere near good enough to be entering European soccerball competitions. Although we only lost that one 3-2, it was evident throughout that the Mariboreans were playing a different game and we only got within touching distance of them on the night courtesy of two strikes from ace marksman Eddie de Graaf.

To have fallen from potential Fairs Cup Winners in Eddie Tumbril's time to plain European embarrassments now is an incredible decline. It's not just Hibs though - Celtc were once champs of Europe, and now they celebrate a single home leg victory over Barcelona as if it were winning the tournament itself. Scotch fitba as a whole is now pish, whereas European fitba isn't. Changing Hibs manager or Lewis Stevenson won't change that. There is a much, much deeper malaise.

Beefster
26-07-2013, 06:18 AM

THAT cup final

Who knows what he can do with another season...

Hiber-nation
26-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Taking one step back to get a very slightly wider view, and taking the focus off the manager's shortcomings, it was clear from the Maribor game at ER several years ago that we are nowhere near good enough to be entering European soccerball competitions. Although we only lost that one 3-2, it was evident throughout that the Mariboreans were playing a different game and we only got within touching distance of them on the night courtesy of two strikes from ace marksman Eddie de Graaf.

To have fallen from potential Fairs Cup Winners in Eddie Tumbril's time to plain European embarrassments now is an incredible decline. It's not just Hibs though - Celtc were once champs of Europe, and now they celebrate a single home leg victory over Barcelona as if it were winning the tournament itself. Scotch fitba as a whole is now pish, whereas European fitba isn't. Changing Hibs manager or Lewis Stevenson won't change that. There is a much, much deeper malaise.

True, we've had a 13 goal turnaround v Malmo in 43 years. Although Fenlon has to go today.

Onion
26-07-2013, 06:39 AM
And yet some people on here are still behind Fenlon..............christ knows why. :confused:

No-one likes the managerial merry-go-round, but at what point do you accept that Fenlon is not the answer ?!?!? NOW I WOULD SAY !!!!!

Because by now people realise that the problem at Hibernian is not with the manager or any one/group of players. Changing the manager again and again as we have for the last 5 years does not get to the root of the problem, so you might as well leave Fenlon in place. He seems to care and gives good interviews on TV, which is a step up from some of the clowns our revered Board have appointed into the position. Just as the Yams were powerless to remove Romanov, we are powerless to get our owner to take any interest in the club and so are left with a Board and CEO who can do anything they like with no pressure on their positions and appear unaccountable - as long as they try balance the books. It must be one of the easiest gigs in football.

dp00
26-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Tell me ive just woke up from a dream and we never actually got thrashed 7-0 last night :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2