PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon has to go (post Malmo)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 09:36 PM
OK I'll start it but surely if Pat has any respect or cares for this club he will offer his resignation.

The worst result ever by a Scottish club in Europe, and that cup final, I don't like to call for a mangers head but surely there is no argument after that.

The players & the fans must have lost all confidence in him.

Sorry Pat you're a nice guy but not up to the Hibs job. :agree:

frazeHFC
25-07-2013, 09:37 PM
New players including a £200k striker supposedly, new assistant manager etc...no way will we sack him. But have I lost all confidence in him? Absolutely.

pontius pilate
25-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Agree completely. I'm having the same discussion on Facebook and all I'm getting back is he is building and they are doing well in their league etc etc. there is a few fans with blinkers on who can't see the woods for the trees. Just have a look at St J great result against probably a stronger team

Hibs90
25-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Malmo are a very good team, top of the Swedish league and in great form. No shame in getting beat from them at all. Reckon they'd give Celtic a very close challenge for the SPL.

For me its the manner in which we have been defeated, and the goals we conceded. Yet again Fenlon insists on playing Stevenson at right back. WHY? He got mauled in the first leg and was mauled yet again. Started with a clearly unfit McPake AGAIN. Why not have Forster at right back and Stevenson at left back from the start? Or is that too logical? Midfield were honking. Craig tried for about 5 minutes then decided to give up. Thomson the same but instead of giving up kept trying to get himself sent off. Taiwo just looked outclassed against them and Harris was bullied too easily. Vine showed one or two good touches but nothing much else. Forgot Handling was even playing, just too lightweight and got the first touch of a camel. Also might add I seen Williams arguing with a fan after their 3rd, and he was pointing at the defence, which says it all really. The less said about them the better.

On that showing, Hibs will be a bottom six team again next season, unless Collins and whoever else we sign are miracle workers. Bottom six this season and Fenlon has got to go. It's as simple as that. Not a good confidence boost to start the campaign. Anyway could be worse, could be a Jambo.

Oh and massive congratulations to the Saints. Fantastic result.

wazoo1875
25-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I hate pishing the bed but yeah, bolt Pat!
Shambles, worst result ever in 138 years. Lex Miller would've been murdered by now. Sad sad day :-(

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2013, 09:42 PM
A good Malmo team but not THAT good. Fenlon has used up his lives now and if we have a poor start to the season he'll be lucky to last til Christmas. First 6 games vital for him after that debacle.

IberianHibernian
25-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Want Fenlon to stay but IF club are thinking of changing manager they should do it now and let a new manager have a start . And not Jimmy Nichol . Managerial changes mid season are always difficult as Fenlon knows only too well . Anyway , hope Pat stays but is allowed to bring in 4 or 5 players before window closes .

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Agree completely. I'm having the same discussion on Facebook and all I'm getting back is he is building and they are doing well in their league etc etc. there is a few fans with blinkers on who can't see the woods for the trees. Just have a look at St J great result against probably a stronger team

Well done St J shows what can be achieved against a similar side to Malmo.

Thought we were meant to have signed 2 of their best players from last season and gave them one of our duds, hmmmmmmmmm might be the other way round.

skoop
25-07-2013, 09:44 PM
The wee midget no-mark should never have got the job in the first place. Been in charge for two of the most humiliating games in our history. Be delighted if he was away before the domestic campaign started.

mcfly
25-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Not up to it in my view.

Defending embarrassing, left footed player at right back. Permanently unfit captain and Paul Hanlon who gets a game every week........how people think he is a player.

stoneyburn hibs
25-07-2013, 09:47 PM
That scoreline is unacceptable in any game, it's a gtf from me

truehibernian
Don't think Pat will survive this result to be brutally honest. He may even fall on his own sword.

Cropley10
Bottom 6 here we come!

Nothing. Has. Changed.

Big games? Big defeats.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2013, 09:48 PM
@Grahamspiers "This Easter Road result tonight says nothing about Scottish football. But it says something quite weird about Pat Fenlon and Hibs."

Hibs07p
25-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Enough reasons / excuses have been made for Pat, work in progress, etc. This is Pats team, the buck stops with him. I'm afraid, after tonights showing, he has to go. The fans who turned up tonight, looking for a reason to return regularly, have now been lost indefinitely.
GGTTH

Sylar
We can blame Fenlon all we like but it follows a long road of blaming manager after manager after manager.

If they are all truly awful managers, why's the ******* who appoints them not being emptied?

There's a deeper problem at the club than the latest erse in the hotseat.

hibsbollah
Im still behind him. That Malmo side were a joy to watch at times tonight. The game that matters is Motherwell in ten days.

Stringer
25-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Shiels in. Seriously. Pat has nae ideas.

Craig need to be in the middle. He is not a speedy winger

sidjames
25-07-2013, 09:51 PM
The wee midget no-mark should never have got the job in the first place. Been in charge for two of the most humiliating games in our history. Be delighted if he was away before the domestic campaign started.

He has to go now. Please admit defeat and go Fenlon. you have left us with the most embarrasing results ever. Adios.

confused
25-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Far too many players who in all honesty are rubbish , maybe 1st div standard but no class , i'm broken hearted and disgusted at the same time 63 years i've loved this team ! WHY OH WHY ?????

davieh
25-07-2013, 09:52 PM
If Fenlon was demonstrating some vision, I'd be in for giving him more time. But all I see is blootering humps up the park; where are the ball-players, people who can take a man on, movememnt off the ball etc? This is brutal football - and not very successful at that

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Malmo are a very good team, top of the Swedish league and in great form. No shame in getting beat from them at all. Reckon they'd give Celtic a very close challenge for the SPL.

For me its the manner in which we have been defeated, and the goals we conceded. Yet again Fenlon insists on playing Stevenson at right back. WHY? He got mauled in the first leg and was mauled yet again. Started with a clearly unfit McPake AGAIN. Why not have Forster at right back and Stevenson at left back from the start? Or is that too logical? Midfield were honking. Craig tried for about 5 minutes then decided to give up. Thomson the same but instead of giving up kept trying to get himself sent off. Taiwo just looked outclassed against them and Harris was bullied too easily. Vine showed one or two good touches but nothing much else. Forgot Handling was even playing, just too lightweight and got the first touch of a camel. Also might add I seen Williams arguing with a fan after their 3rd, and he was pointing at the defence, which says it all really. The less said about them the better.

On that showing, Hibs will be a bottom six team again next season, unless Collins and whoever else we sign are miracle workers. Bottom six this season and Fenlon has got to go. It's as simple as that. Not a good confidence boost to start the campaign. Anyway could be worse, could be a Jambo.

Oh and massive congratulations to the Saints. Fantastic result.

They might be a good team and top of the league but they are not the best, if they were they'd be in the champions league. Steam rollered by team on the same level as celtic. Inexcusable and he must go and he can take mcpake with him I'm afraid.

hibbydog
25-07-2013, 09:53 PM
I have been one of pats staunchest supporters. On reflection it's more because he's a likeable bloke and the fact that we keep changing manager and each one is worse than the last.

Sadly I think he has to go after that. Never been more embarrassed to be a hibs fan.

Nearly 2 years in the job now. Presided over 2 of the wrist results in our history.

I owe an apology to many on here after defending pat for so long.

And those who appoint managers need to consider their position.

Actually felt quite emotional during the minutes applause for a hibs legend. A sad night to be a hibs fan in many ways.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 09:54 PM
We can blame Fenlon all we like but it follows a long road of blaming manager after manager after manager.

If they are all truly awful managers, why's the ******* who appoints them not being emptied?

The penny pinching board are the root cause.

Gmack7
25-07-2013, 09:55 PM
at 2 .0 the tie was 100% over but he seemed incapable of minimising any damage,totally clueless,
time up

TomoHFC
25-07-2013, 09:55 PM
If we lose our first two games fenlon can just **** off

MotherSuperior
25-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Shiels in. Seriously. Pat has nae ideas.

Craig need to be in the middle. He is not a speedy winger

I actually agree about Shiels! He's a good manager but talks himself into trouble through the media with some of the outlandish things he comes out with.

Definitely better than fenlon and likes to play pretty football.

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Quick enough to sack other managers for less, do the right thing and relieve the Hibs manager of his duties at the club after tonight's embarrassment.

This is not PROGRESS.

mutley
25-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I have defended PF to the hilt, but I just don't think I can do it anymore. After caldewood I really thought that Pat would bd the man to sort us out, then may last year happened, we picked up, moved on and got the the final again. Once more we moved on, then this tonight!!

I just don't know what to think anymore. I don't want us to keep chopping and changing managers every 5 mins, but nothing seems to be working.

I can only hope that Collins and Vine become a strong partnership up front and somehow we turn this around

SkintHibby
25-07-2013, 09:57 PM
If I was a gambler I'd bet on one club to finish below the -15's!

Nothing with Hibs surprises me anymore.

Beefster
25-07-2013, 09:58 PM
There is more chance of Cheryl Cole announcing her undying love for me on TV, Facebook and Twitter tonight than Fenlon being sacked in the next few days.

Up The Bracket
25-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Tam McCourt out! Fenlon out! Petrie out! Hanlon out! Stevenson out! Everyone out!

I mean, imagine getting humped by the team top of a league miles above the SPL's standard, half way into their season?

Why don't we just fold, no point in continuing.

Wotherspiniesta
25-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Bottom 6 here we come!

Nothing. Has. Changed.

Big games? Big defeats.

The domestic season hasnt even started yet.

Humiliating defeat no doubt, but I'll wait til we've signed a few players and actually started the season in earnest first.

One things for sure, we'll need to be 100% better than tonight. That was a harsh lesson for the players, hopefully they can react to it in the correct manner.

WhileTheChief..
Should be the easiest decision he will ever make.

Emerald

We just have :agree:

Matty_Jack04

:agree:

carnoustiehibee
Keep playing those same centre halfs and well keep getting beat.

Fenlon has been and always will be tactically inept

Mr Grieves
Fenlon's tactics are quite simply pish. We're either aimlessly playing short passes to feet only to lose the ball when it gets near the opposition's box or punting the ball up the park to players who haven't got a chance of winning it in the air.

The defence is a shambles.

The midfield don't track men back, nor do they make decisive passes forward or support the forwards.

The forwards are starved of the ball and are completely shot shy.

It's been like this since day one of Fenlon's appointment, he has to go.

Beefster
Tam McCourt out! Fenlon out! Petrie out! Hanlon out! Stevenson out! Everyone out!

I mean, imagine getting humped by the team top of a league miles above the SPL's standard, half way into their season?

How did a part-time, mid-table LoI team avoid being humped by the same team a couple of weeks ago?

Zemamma10
25-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Selection and formation was abysmal tonight.

We need at least 3 new players for the start of the season with right back, winger with pace (Can't rely on Harris, need someone to share the load) and creative midfielder top of the list.

Lewis Stevenson at rightback is horrific.

Alfred E Newman
The penny pinching board are the root cause.

Nonsense. Have they not just let Fenlon spend 200k on a striker I have never heard of ?

Dashing Bob S
A terrible, humiliating result, and two spineless, unimaginative performances. Malmo are no more than half-decent (I expect Swansea to beat them comfortably) and I think it really calls Pat Fenlon's future into question.

I personally doubt he'll be sacked right now, but I expect the board are already looking for a successor and he'll be fighting for his job every game between now and Christmas. I'm thinking dead man walking.

St.Johnstone, not a great SPL side, defeated a club as least as strong as Malmo.

So this is BAD. There are no redeeming features. A nightmare defensive performance, which, if repeated to any extent on a regular basis, would put us right into the relegation mix, irrespective of who our rivals and what their circumstances are.

WhileTheChief..
There is absolutely no way that Fenlon will stay.

Petrie knows he has to go. I'll be disappointed if its not announced tomorrow.

Up The Bracket
25-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Hibs.net is definitely filled with Scotland's biggest brainboxes

TomoHFC
We just have :agree:

I mean't the league games

SmallvilleHibee
If Fenlon and/or Petrie don't offer their resignation I'll be pissed.

SkintHibby

You are 16 and I admire your fighting talk.

Trust me, in time, Hibs will wear you down!:agree:

Judas Iscariot
25-07-2013, 10:02 PM
It's about time STF made the decision to sack the clown that keeps hiring useless managers time & time again...

Buck stops at RP..

hibbydog
25-07-2013, 10:03 PM

I get the sarcasm, and I understand the point about facing better opposition.

But there's no point in giving a manager time for the sake of it.

Shame, wee pats a gem of a bloke, but he's proven he's just not capable of turning it round. I have no idea who is. Neither do our board...

KWJ
Shiels is an embarrassment.

But it doesn't matter as I'm sure Fenlon is not about to be sacked, at worst we'll get a statement from Rod. Yes it was an absolute howler but I still reckon he could get us back there next year and attempt to redeem himself and the team.

How can he have no vision when he's convinced Rod to sign a £200,000 striker for the next 3 years?

I'm far from his biggest fan but I don't think any good will come from his sacking.

silverhibee
There is more chance of Cheryl Cole announcing her undying love for me on TV, Facebook and Twitter tonight than Fenlon being sacked in the next few days.

She just texted me to say she loves Beefster from .net. :greengrin

Beefster
25-07-2013, 10:04 PM

What age were you when you got the PhD?

Up The Bracket
How did a part-time, mid-table LoI team avoid being humped by the same team a couple of weeks ago?

Going by the same logic, we're better than Barcelona, as we beat Celtic and they beat Barcelona

.Sean.
Add your name. Sean W*****

YehButNoBut

This 100% :agree:

Sammy7nil
If Fenlon was demonstrating some vision, I'd be in for giving him more time. But all I see is blootering humps up the park; where are the ball-players, people who can take a man on, movememnt off the ball etc? This is brutal football - and not very successful at that

I agree Pat has made no improvement despite what others say Since he arrived the "football" is torture to watch and without a few silly results last year we would have been bottom 2 again.

Nice man not up to the job.

Criswell
Another Petrie dud! Can't seem to set up the team to do the basics right. If anyone thinks he just needs some more time they are quite frankly deluding themselves. He has had his chance and found badly wanting. How many more utter humilations do we have to take? Clubs with a fraction of our rersources consistently out-perform us. Why?

SkintHibby
Shame, wee pats a gem of a bloke, but he's proven he's just not capable of turning it round. I have no idea who is. Neither do our board...

Gutted. Great wee guy but utterly clueless.

sidneyhibbie
25-07-2013, 10:05 PM

Good post, we need to calm down, yams are in a much worse situation.

SmallvilleHibee
25-07-2013, 10:05 PM

They're not 9 goals better than us, We got beat 6-0 by Barca and 7-0 by Malmo. Have a word.

SmallvilleHibee
25-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Who gives a s**t about Hearts, if they matter more than Hibs in Europe to you then you should support another team.

Greenblood70
25-07-2013, 10:07 PM
It's about time STF made the decision to sack the clown that keeps hiring useless managers time & time again...

Buck stops at RP..

Correct 100%.

Matt92
Malmo were class, the first 4 goals were genuine quality with some really neat finishes, left at half time.

We were still a disgrace and I have now lost any remaining faith in Fenlon. 5-1 and 7-0 under his reign alongside various other horrific performances :bye: shame as I really wanted it to work out for him, but without Claros and Griffiths this year, I really, really fear for us.

Cropley10

They didn't have Pat Fenlon 'in charge'...

Can you imagine the highlights DVD, "Pat Fenlon's Greatest Games"?

Sylar

They're not 9 goals better than us, We got beat 6-0 by Barca and 7-0 by Malmo. Have a word.

Bit of a "whoosh" moment I fear lads...

shamo9
Well done St J shows what can be achieved against a similar side to Malmo.

Thought we were meant to have signed 2 of their best players from last season and gave them one of our duds, hmmmmmmmmm might be the other way round.

Liam Craig had been one of their standouts over the past few years, no question. Fenlon seems determined to play him out of position though so we're likely to see another player who flatters to deceive in a hibs shirt.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2013, 10:08 PM

Yep.

Beefster
Going by the same logic, we're better than Barcelona, as we beat Celtic and they beat Barcelona

Em, aye that's right. No correlation between the Malmo games/results whatsoever.

mentalhibee
Selection and formation was abysmal tonight.

We need at least 3 new players for the start of the season with right back, winger with pace (Can't rely on Harris, need someone to share the load) and creative midfielder top of the list.

Lewis Stevenson at rightback is horrific.

Giving Stevenson a contract but letting Spoony go sums Pat Fenlon up, clueless! GTF Pat!

OrdHibby

That was our first two games............................... Cheerio :fenlon :giruy:

OxoHibby
Quick enough to sack other managers for less, do the right thing and relieve the Hibs manager of his duties at the club after tonight's embarrassment.

This is not PROGRESS.

Pertie should also sack himself as something is truly wrong at the core of the club. Not like this is a one off

TAHibby
25-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I'll don't think I'll ever see a ****ing worse defeat in my life but I just do not think sacking Fenlon at this point in time is the right thing to do. I would personally give him half the season to show us why he should be manager of the football club.

sidneyhibbie
25-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Who gives a s**t about Hearts, if they matter more than Hibs in Europe to you then you should support another team.

I Was just trying to put a positive feel on a bad result.

Cameron1875
Sorry but if Pat has to go then the man who appointed him either should resign or stop being involved in selecting managers. Really really wanted it to work with Fenlon but the results as well as style or football are disgraceful.

Matt92
The entire club needs a revamp.

I will never have a go at STF as he has been an amazing man for Hibernian FC. However he has taken us as far as he can, we need a new investor (although for christ sake not a romanov). Our club just needs a total clean out from top to bottom or it will never change, the rot started after the JC revolt and it ain't gonna get better folks.
STF is a hero for the club and I am grateful for what he did for us, but we are in dire need of substantial investment.

Hibby Bairn
25-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Interesting to read the comments of a few of our more "seasoned" posters tonight.

If we still have standards as a club then surely they have been breached this evening. I cannot remember my team ever conceding more than 5 goals at home in 40 years....and those were sore enough.

Even our cherished 7-0 song is at risk of now being mocked.

I believe that the club will sack Pat Fenlon in the next 24 hours. Or indeed he may well resign within the same timescale.

If we have standards as a club then tonight's result and performance should have only one conclusion.

Thecat23
This really is a shocker. Looking back to the game I struggle to think what his tactics were. Anyone who wants to debate whether he should stay please come on and say why? Progress? Really? Maybe he's strengthened parts of the side yes but his weakness to get anything out the players and brand of football is shocking.

He's gave us so many bad results its becoming a joke.. I know he's a nice guy that's why it's hard. But if this was Calderwood who just had us smashed AT HOME 0-7 from a side an Irish team held at home, he'd Prob be shot!

Does this class as bed wetting? Maybe so, but I'd rather bet wet and punt him now before we are at Xmas saying the same and it's to late to make top six.

This whole we can't keep sacking managers, well FFS we can't keep hiring pish ones either. Get him out, get some new faces on the board and FFS get someone in that won't take us to Scottish cups finals and set us up not to lose goals and hope to sneak a winner, one who has tactical knowledge to change a game, and one who won't give us our worst ever defeat in Europe in our own back yard.

Fenlon, you have tried but for me you are failing, Goodbye!!!

lord bunberry
He won't be sacked, but tonights result has put massive pressure on him to have a good start to the league season.
Tonight was a shameful result but sacking him now would be pointless.

Hermit Crab
Nonsense. Have they not just let Fenlon spend 200k on a striker I have never heard of ?

Hang on a minute. Calderwood cheap option Fenlon cheap option, reported to be 200k. How much more has he spent then? All loans free agents or pre contracts.

Captain Trips
25-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Where is this miles ahead of our league come from, aye it might be better but its not Seria A or La Liga, how can a decent sized SPL club whom are 18mths into a new regime not by now be able to put up a performance against an average club like Malmo yes they are better than us but no way should we lose 0-7 at home to a club like Malmo, not saying we should beat them but we should be giving them something to think about.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 10:12 PM

This 100%

PapillonVert
25-07-2013, 10:13 PM
A terrible, humiliating result, and two spineless, unimaginative performances. Malmo are no more than half-decent (I expect Swansea to beat them comfortably) and I think it really calls Pat Fenlon's future into question.

I personally doubt he'll be sacked right now, but I expect the board are already looking for a successor and he'll be fighting for his job every game between now and Christmas. I'm thinking dead man walking.

St.Johnstone, not a great SPL side, defeated a club as least as strong as Malmo.

So this is BAD. There are no redeeming features. A nightmare defensive performance, which, if repeated to any extent on a regular basis, would put us right into the relegation mix, irrespective of who our rivals and what their circumstances are.

To me, this is the worst result in our European history, possibly our entire history. Our current day "players" let down not only themselves but also our esteemed players from the past, such as our dearly beloved Lawrie Reilly. I am ashamed of them.

I am not a person who shrieks "sack him" as soon as things get difficult for a Hibs manager - which they often do -but I am finding it difficult this time.

I think Pat Fenlon should go but, good Lord, who do we get in his place?

Weir7
25-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Fenlon's tactics are quite simply pish. We're either aimlessly playing short passes to feet only to lose the ball when it gets near the opposition's box or punting the ball up the park to players who haven't got a chance of winning it in the air.

The defence is a shambles.

The midfield don't track men back, nor do they make decisive passes forward or support the forwards.

The forwards are starved of the ball and are completely shot shy.

It's been like this since day one of Fenlon's appointment, he has to go.
Correct. And he doesn't know how to set up a team to make us hard to beat.

Malmo are a better team than us. He should have went 4-5-1 and when it was on get men forward to support vine.

Coming up for two years in job I still don't know what he's trying to achieve

Fergus52
25-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Im still behind him. That Malmo side were a joy to watch at times tonight. The game that matters is Motherwell in ten days.

SmallvilleHibee
25-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I Was just trying to put a positive feel on a bad result.
Bad result? It's the worst result for a Scottish team ever in Europe.

Del Boy
25-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Been thinking about it and he really should be sacked, be appalled if he isn't.

Hermit Crab

**** the yams we are hibs and they shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread. Time for hibs fans to stop talking about and mocking other teams and take a long hard look at ourselves because we are in a bad way both on the park and behind the scenes mate.

Bad Martini
The problems all started when some ****ingwell genius backed the players over collins .... The last WINNER at the club.

Petrie can **** off for my money and take tactfully inept Fenlon with him.

Yes.,we shouldn't be down musical managers road but hey ho, we need to sort our ****....:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

****it am off to kick **** oot a passing fox/cat

MotherSuperior
25-07-2013, 10:16 PM
This really is a shocker. Looking back to the game I struggle to think what his tactics were. Anyone who wants to debate whether he should stay please come on and say why? Progress? Really? Maybe he's strengthened parts of the side yes but his weakness to get anything out the players and brand of football is shocking.

He's gave us so many bad results its becoming a joke.. I know he's a nice guy that's why it's hard. But if this was Calderwood who just had us smashed AT HOME 0-7 from a side an Irish team held at home, he'd Prob be shot!

Does this class as bed wetting? Maybe so, but I'd rather bet wet and punt him now before we are at Xmas saying the same and it's to late to make top six.

This whole we can't keep sacking managers, well FFS we can't keep hiring pish ones either. Get him out, get some new faces on the board and FFS get someone in that won't take us to Scottish cups finals and set us up not to lose goals and hope to sneak a winner, one who has tactical knowledge to change a game, and one who won't give us our worst ever defeat in Europe in our own back yard.

100% what he says

The_Horde
Gtf fenlon. I've witnessed two of my worst performances under your reign and enough is enough. **** off. Useless prick.

wearethehibs
Thats all we need. Another 2 years of rebuilding. Lets hope we get of to a good start and put tonight behind us.

Heisenberg
25-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Fenlon has been in charge of two of the worst results in our history. He surely must be gone soon.

leggeto
25-07-2013, 10:18 PM
not sure if i want him to go but i am sick of the sideways passing then back then hoofed up then lost,not a lot of effort in that game and we need a centre half,goin to stop here i could rant all night:rolleyes:

IberianHibernian
25-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Giving Stevenson a contract but letting Spoony go sums Pat Fenlon up, clueless! GTF Pat!I`m sure Pat knows limitations of Stevenson and most of the others as much or more than we do . Do you really think Pat wants Stevenson or Thomson to pick 2 examples in our best first team ? I`m sure he`s wanting a much stronger Hibs team .

dutchhibby
hes had enough time now :bye:

MacBean
The club needs shaken up from the core. Petrie - thanks for the balance sheet and steering us through some tough times, but your time is up, let someone else have a go at the reigns

Hibby Bairn
Thats all we need. Another 2 years of rebuilding. Lets hope we get of to a good start and put tonight behind us.

Good start? We have just been horsed 9-0 by a team that will probably go no further in the competition.

THE worst result in our 138 year history.

Borderhibbie76
Just heard his post match interview and sounds to me like he is off tbh, i expect to hear of his resignation im morning! Who knows where we go from here tho???

leggeto
25-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Good start? We have just been horsed 9-0 by a team that will probably go no further in the competition.

THE worst result in our 138 year history.

i think a certain cup final result was worse

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 10:22 PM
He's responsible for breaking records. 2 very bad records involving hibs. Close the door on the way out please and leave your locker key in the exception

PapillonVert
Been thinking about it and he really should be sacked, be appalled if he isn't.

This was a complete humiliation for Hibs. IMO he must resign immediately or be sacked. He has to take responsibility.

Hermit Crab
Just heard his post match interview and sounds to me like he is off tbh, i expect to hear of his resignation im morning! Who knows where we go from here tho???

Did he say mcpake was leaving too?? He should. He bottled it tonight.

Boyle89
No other team dissapoints it's fans so often or to such an extent. 2 utterly atrocious results in 2 years. Once again a big support leaves feeling utterly devastated. Sort it out now fenlon!!

Beefster
25-07-2013, 10:23 PM

What did he say? Anything interesting or was it the usual "the players didn't do what I told them to"?

The Voice Of Reason
I really can't think of reasons why he should stay.

We managed to finish in the bottom 6 of a dreadfully sub- standard SPL last season. I have just witnessed an embarrassment at easter rd tonight and I had my kids with me - they don't want to go back!

We look REALLY unfit, we have no pace, no drive and no Leigh Griffiths sadly!

St J managed to beat Rosenburg FFS............

Fenlon must go, enough is enough.

Hibs90
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23460294

Itsnoteasy
Worst ever defeat over 2 legs for a scottish team in Europe. Sorry Mr Reilly for that abysmal send off. R.I.P

joe breezy
25-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Football is a results based business but he's hardly been given funds, it's nit easy being a manager in Scotland.

Still, you can't get beat 7-0 at home by any team so if he goes so be it. John Collins anyone?

I guess JC shows the problem at ER - he had ambition but was handcuffed - I know we can be thankful not to be Hearts but even Motherwell have shown that it's possible to finish top 4 and do better than Hibs

Del Boy
He didn't make any excuses, basically said he has to look at himself. Sounds like he's gonna quit to be honest.

Hermit Crab

I was expecting that to say he'd left with immediate effect. Disappointing.

sidneyhibbie
25-07-2013, 10:25 PM
The problems all started when some ****ingwell genius backed the players over collins .... The last WINNER at the club.

Yes.,we shouldn't be down musical managers road but hey ho, we need to sort our ****....:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

RP is a bean counter he has run our club in a profit lets give him some slack yes the nights result was a mare and it is now obvious things need to change before the next AGM.

Hermit Crab
He didn't make any excuses, basically said he has to look at himself. Sounds like he's gonna quit to be honest.

Hopefully. Thanks pat but enough is enough.

bigwheel
After listening to his BBC interview, he sounds like a man ready to resign. I think he knows this is a result too far...

Green&White
25-07-2013, 10:26 PM
<b>The problems all started when some ****ingwell genius backed the players over collins .... The last WINNER at the club.</b>

1000% agree re Collins. Somthing is majorly rotten at our club and I for one have had enough

leggeto
25-07-2013, 10:27 PM
This was a complete humiliation for Hibs. IMO he must resign immediately or be sacked. He has to take responsibility.

just a pre season warm up, everyone else will think were poor, thats the plan then we will hammer well next week,glad the game wasnt beamed out on the telly but :aok:

Cropley10
25-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Football is a results based business but he's hardly been given funds, it's nit easy being a manager in Scotland.

Still, you can't get beat 7-0 at home by any team so if he goes so be it. John Collins anyone?

I guess JC shows the problem at ER - he had ambition but was handcuffed - I know we can be thankful not to be Hearts but even Motherwell have shown that it's possible to finish top 4 and do better than Hibs

Hardly been given funds wtf are you talking about, he's signed tons of players!

And still nothing changes.

Number69
25-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Where's the club statement or the apology?

I think we are all owed some kind of explanation as to what in the name of **** just went on :confused:

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 10:28 PM

He sounds gutted and so he should be, just can't see any way back after a result like this, worst ever by a Scottish club in Europe.

Afraid he has to go, would be better for him as well.

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 10:29 PM
If we were a dog we would be put down!

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 10:29 PM

Has the st Johnstone manager been given funds ?!?!? :confused:

GreenArmyyy!
25-07-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry but over the last five or six years when we have went through bad times the managers head has been called for and every time we get rid of a manager we actually end up worse. Where does it stop? I back Fenlon. GGTTH

SteveHFC

Baldy Foghorn
People are raw, but some shocking comments getting banded about.....

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Has the st Johnstone manager been given funds ?!?!? :confused:

They've lost a couple decent players and gained Wotherspoon and are looking forward to the next round.

GreenArmyyy!
25-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Giving Stevenson a contract but letting Spoony go sums Pat Fenlon up, clueless! GTF Pat!

Why would you have given Wotherspoon a contract?

PapillonVert
25-07-2013, 10:32 PM

All the usual ***** platitudes.

We were roundly and soundly beaten. We are simply not good enough. I mean not just Hibs but Scottish football generally.

I just don't know what to say. Pat Fenlon has done his best but we are still going backwards. I can't see him doing any better. So, we need someone else but who?

Weir7
25-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry but over the last five or six years when we have went through bad times the managers head has been called for and every time we get rid of a manager we actually end up worse. Where does it stop? I back Fenlon. GGTTH

What makes you think fenlon is on the right track to make us a good team that entertains?

theonlywayisup
25-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I have been supportive of Fenlon. But we are going nowhere, and need a change. His ability to buy players with no pace and no skill is amazing.

flash
25-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I will give him a lift to the airport.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 10:34 PM
I have been supportive of Fenlon. But we are going nowhere, and need a change. His ability to buy players with no pace and no skill is amazing.

His ability to break bad club records is amazing too.

leggeto

We were roundly and soundly beaten. We are simply not good enough. I mean not just Hibs but Scottish football generally.

I just don't know what to say. Pat Fenlon has done his best but we are still going backwards. I can't see him doing any better. So, we need someone else but who?

maybe butcher ?

Stuarty27
He is a pub team manager with no clue.

Time for him to GTF

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 10:35 PM
They've lost a couple decent players and gained Wotherspoon and are looking forward to the next round.

:faf:

Not the time for a Wotherspoon debate.

GreenArmyyy!
25-07-2013, 10:36 PM
not sure if i want him to go but i am sick of the sideways passing then back then hoofed up then lost,not a lot of effort in that game and we need a centre half,goin to stop here i could rant all night:rolleyes:

To be honest I'm not all that sure that this is Fenlon's fault. The lack of ability of our players was in plain sight tonight. Investment in defence and forward areas is needed.

brydekirk
25-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Want Fenlon to stay but IF club are thinking of changing manager they should do it now and let a new manager have a start . And not Jimmy Nichol . Managerial changes mid season are always difficult as Fenlon knows only too well . Anyway , hope Pat stays but is allowed to bring in 4 or 5 players before window closes .

We were beaten by a better team tonight. Fair enough, but how can you blame the players and support Fenlon?
It's his team, he built it, his tactics , and you want to afford him the time and money to bring in another 4 or 5 players.
Sorry, but Fenlon is out his depth here, another Calderwood IMO .

H18sry
25-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Pat Fenlon has managed us in 2 Scottish cup finals and 2 European games, we have scored 1 goal and have conceded 17 goals. Enough said :boo hoo:

thebakerboy
Not up to it in my view.

Defending embarrassing, left footed player at right back. Permanently unfit captain and Paul Hanlon who gets a game every week........how people think he is a player.
Did you notice the Malmo right back who scored twice with his left foot , agree about McPake and still unsure about Hanlon .

Cropley10
Every team in our Division will be hoping Pat stays.

H18sry
25-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Why would you have given Wotherspoon a contract?

Because he is a better right back than Stevenson :rolleyes:

GreenArmyyy!
25-07-2013, 10:40 PM
People are raw, but some shocking comments getting banded about.....

Correct mate, this forum is a nasty place at times.

leggeto
25-07-2013, 10:40 PM
To be honest I'm not all that sure that this is Fenlon's fault. The lack of ability of our players was in plain sight tonight. Investment in defence and forward areas is needed.

been playing the same way for over a year now was hoping it would change with the wide players we have, play some nice stuff at the halfway line then they get burst noses and pass all the way back then boot it up the park

Captain Trips
25-07-2013, 10:43 PM

Given the chance on arrival after 6mths signs were he isnt answer same after 12 months and now tonight still the same, it should not take a good manger all this time to have a good enough team to give Malmo something to think about the guy might manage to get a good team together by 2020 if this is what we call progress where we are now.

I believed a good manger even with CCs players could have done better than avoid relegation, better than where we finished last season too, 2 cup finals fair enough but overshadowed by the SPL poor results and perfomances from day one until now.

Hibernia Na Eir
25-07-2013, 10:45 PM
a great Irishman,but, sadly, not got it

Rico
25-07-2013, 10:47 PM
He has to go, and Petrie must go too.
RP does not seem to realise that the most important employee at a football club is the manager, yet he always opts for the cheapest option, and with the exception of Mowbray, and Collins to an extent, they have all came up well short of requirements.
I would prefer to see the £200k spent on James Collins invested in a manger/ coach who is tactically aware, with an ability to get the best from the players he has, and a network he can rely on to find players to bring in and improve the team.
Mr Petrie does not appear to consider these as necessary attributes, so the task should be given to someone who can recognise what is required of the role.
Farewell Pat and thanks for 2 of the worst days of my life.

PapillonVert
maybe butcher ?

Would he want it?

GreenArmyyy!
been playing the same way for over a year now was hoping it would change with the wide players we have, play some nice stuff at the halfway line then they get burst noses and pass all the way back then boot it up the park

IMO we have been playing this way since Collins left, that can't all be Fenlon's fault.

Black Kyle
25-07-2013, 10:48 PM
For me, watching Hibs style of play has mainly been turgid and predictable since the McLeish / Mowbray days.

The last 3 seasons have seen us struggle in a poor league and be humiliated in two cup finals- watching opposition that come to ER shows me that our set up, ability to pass to each other, movement and ability to be creative while solid is sadly lacking as most of the other teams are more comfortable on the ball, aware of team-mates and space, and with the system they play, even the likes of St Mirren. Us and Them are the two main hoofball teams currently.

Will a change of manager (again) change this, or are we saying that it's all the responsibility of whoever is in charge all of the time - for me players need to step up and earn their salaries?

I do believe that if we'd kept JC and backed him, we'd have a fitter, more organised and capable squad while accepting some of his signings were at best in the 'random' or 'stopgap' category.

For me it's back to basics on the training ground, along with 100% effort from 100% of the players 100% of the time backed up with 100% support 100% of the time from us. GGTTH.

The Club need to make a decision if PF is the man to take us forward although really can't see the club sacking him the day after a £200k signing as other posters have already stated. If he does leave, it may well be Pat that makes the decision, which I would respect and understand.

Sir David Gray
25-07-2013, 10:53 PM
That would mean yet another transitional period while the new manager finds his feet and takes his time to change the squad and bring in his own players.

Magic.

gunnerhibee
25-07-2013, 10:59 PM
He won't be sacked, but tonights result has put massive pressure on him to have a good start to the league season.
Tonight was a shameful result but sacking him now would be pointless.

Why....how many games into the season will it take to make a decision. The guy is not good enough to take us forward....

Cropley10
25-07-2013, 11:01 PM
That would mean yet another transitional period while the new manager finds his feet and takes his time to change the squad and bring in his own players.

Magic.

Except of course if the new manager realises how to manage a decent squad.

Halifaxhibby
25-07-2013, 11:02 PM

Not Fenlons fault?????, please explain!!!, his team now, his choice of signings, his motivational ability has come to light AGAIN!!!, put the crack pipe down mate open your eyes!!!!

Rico
25-07-2013, 11:02 PM

Magic.

We have some decent players at ER, picking the right manager can turn them into a decent side. When Williamson was manager we were a poor team, Mowbray came in and turned that same team into the best we have had at ER for years.
Or we can allow Fenlon to put out sides like tonight, or in any of the other big games, who lack fitness, pace, movement, strength and most importantly confidence.

Captain Trips
25-07-2013, 11:03 PM

Magic.

Thats what happens with average managers such as PF takes them 18mths to get us forward a bit, IMO a good manager should certainly be able to make squad changes and have us right up there this season.

ehf
25-07-2013, 11:04 PM
I remember when being a Hibs fan was a source of pride, something that enriched and enhanced life. When we could hammer the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Rosenborg, and beat Liverpool. I accept those days are gone but being a Hibs fan has become increasingly painful since the CIS Cup win in March 2007. Tonight's result is just grotesque and actuallt beyond all expectations of what this clueless man could punish us with next. I actually now wish that Lyle Taylor had made it 4-0 just before half time in April and he would have been gone. Please, Petrie, just pick up the phone to Butcher, Shiels, Danny Lennon or anyone who has a clue about how the game should be played, what attributes and weaknesses players have, how to train and how to motivate. There are literally thousands of people out there who could do it better.

snooky
25-07-2013, 11:04 PM
You can always get freak results when a team has one of those games when every shot goes in.
This wasn't one of them. This was an embarrassment.
I've seen some shocking performances by Hibs in my time but that tonight creams them all.
I'll always give someone a second chance. Alas, that was Pat's ..... and he blew it big time.
No manager should continue after a result and performance of that ilk.
I sincerely hope he has the dignity to resign tomorrow.

Postman
25-07-2013, 11:05 PM

What a stupid post! Great idea to then get the same man to invest more money in players with a lack of ability then?! He needs to GTF and take Lewis Stevenson wherever he goes! Maybe we can include Lewis in his severance package as he seems very valuable to him for some reason!!

Hibby Bairn
25-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I remember when being a Hibs fan was a source of pride, something that enriched and enhanced life. When we could hammer the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Rosenborg, and beat Liverpool. I accept those days are gone but being a Hibs fan has become increasingly painful since the CIS Cup win in March 2007. Tonight's result is just grotesque and actuallt beyond all expectations of what this clueless man could punish us with next. I actually now wish that Lyle Taylor had made it 4-0 just before half time in April and he would have been gone. Please, Petrie, just pick up the phone to Butcher, Shiels, Danny Lennon or anyone who has a clue about how the game should be played, what attributes and weaknesses players have, how to train and how to motivate. There are literally thousands of people out there who could do it better.

:not worth

and so to bed.

OrdHibby
He has to go, and Petrie must go too.
RP does not seem to realise that the most important employee at a football club is the manager, yet he always opts for the cheapest option, and with the exception of Mowbray, and Collins to an extent, they have all came up well short of requirements.
I would prefer to see the £200k spent on James Collins invested in a manger/ coach who is tactically aware, with an ability to get the best from the players he has, and a network he can rely on to find players to bring in and improve the team.
Mr Petrie does not appear to consider these as necessary attributes, so the task should be given to someone who can recognise what is required of the role.
Farewell Pat and thanks for 2 of the worst days of my life.

BINGO:not worth

PapillonVert
For me, watching Hibs style of play has mainly been turgid and predictable since the McLeish / Mowbray days.

The last 3 seasons have seen us struggle in a poor league and be humiliated in two cup finals- watching opposition that come to ER shows me that our set up, ability to pass to each other, movement and ability to be creative while solid is sadly lacking as most of the other teams are more comfortable on the ball, aware of team-mates and space, and with the system they play, even the likes of St Mirren. Us and Them are the two main hoofball teams currently.

Will a change of manager (again) change this, or are we saying that it's all the responsibility of whoever is in charge all of the time - for me players need to step up and earn their salaries?

I do believe that if we'd kept JC and backed him, we'd have a fitter, more organised and capable squad while accepting some of his signings were at best in the 'random' or 'stopgap' category.

For me it's back to basics on the training ground, along with 100% effort from 100% of the players 100% of the time backed up with 100% support 100% of the time from us. GGTTH.

The Club need to make a decision if PF is the man to take us forward although really can't see the club sacking him the day after a £200k signing as other posters have already stated. If he does leave, it may well be Pat that makes the decision, which I would respect and understand.

Oh, how I agree with this. Especially about JC . We gave into the guys who wanted an easy life. JC tried to introduce a tough but modern regime that athletes all over the world now follow.

We have seen people like Chris Hoy, Andy Murray and Katherine Granger succeed in incredibly tough environments but our football players want to be exempt from all the sacrifice and hard work. In the modern world, this is just not possible.

Nowadays, if you want to succeed it's about sacrifice and hard work. Very, very hard work. Our lazy footballers just haven't got that yet.

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 11:07 PM

Magic.

Understand what you are saying, but when "is enough enough" as far as Fenlon's tenure is concerned ?

He should walk after tonight's debacle IMHO.

surreyhibbie
25-07-2013, 11:08 PM
For the first time in my life I have to say...we are *****.

And I can't see it getting any better for a long time.

Postman
25-07-2013, 11:09 PM
You can always get freak results when a team has one of those games when every shot goes in.
This wasn't one of them. This was an embarrassment.
I've seen some shocking performances by Hibs in my time but that tonight creams them all.
I'll always give someone a second chance. Alas, that was Pat's ..... and he blew it big time.
No manager should continue after a result and performance of that ilk.
I sincerely hope he has the dignity to resign tomorrow.

Agreed, he is totally clueless and is very lucky to be in a job at this stage. He has now been in charge for the two most humiliating results in my 30+ years as a fan and he has a horrible overall record since arriving.
The team were so badly organised and short of fitness that it was beyond a joke tonight.

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2013, 11:11 PM
After the last 5 years I for one was in the give the manager time camp.

Not any more. Sorry Pat, you seem like a nice man and I hate to see anybody lose their job. But that was one shocking result and performance too far.

I dont care how far Malmo are into their season, or that they are an obviously competent side. They are not anywhere near the class of the top half of the league sides in England, Italy, Spain, France etc. To lose 0 - 7 at home to one of them would be shamefull, to do it at home to the likes of Malmo is an utter, utter disgrace.

As far as I can remember the Malmo keeper barely had one decent shot to save. Utterly pathetic !!!

At least those who were there tonight can satisfy themselves that they were part of what will be Hibs biggest crowd of this season. Who but the most hardy of fans will be arsed to leave the house to watch an inept team run by an inept manager for the rest of this season.

This must be the end of Hibs going for the cheap option when it comes to managers .... It doesnt work !!!

Not Kenny Shiels ... the man is an arse.

Not John Collins either ... he walked out when the going got tough, the last thing this club needs is a quitter in charge.

Anyway ......... sorry Pat.

jeffers
25-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Hard to see how he can survive, but if he does go I have heehaw confidence in Petrie getting it right with his replacement.

BigKev
25-07-2013, 11:15 PM
I have no idea of what's been said before but having taken charge of the two most embarrassing results in our history Pat should resign if he has an ounce of self respect left.

I like him as a guy but **** me. Tonight feels a helluva lot worse than that cup final.

Utter disgrace to lose 7 at home to anyone regardless if its Barca, Real or Malmo.

Anyone wishing him to start the season in charge is clearly delusional.

It's his team now.

And we're softer than ***** despite promises of changing the type of player required to compete.

One result may not change a season but this is my darkest hour watching Hibs.

Thecat23
The sad fact is, because we have hired and fired so many bad managers recently, that folk now think we need to stick with a poor manager that prob would/should have been punted a while back if he had come in after say Mowbray. It's because he's came in from Calderwood he's only slightly better.

Part/Time Supporter
Except of course if the new manager realises how to manage a decent squad.

This, it's his squad now and it's a bit of a mess. 5/6 central midfield players when you can only really use 2/3 at the same time. Only three forwards on the books then he plays 4-4-2 in big games (?). There has been some improvement post Calderwood but that is probably more due to Fenlon at least working hard, which is a minimum requirement rather than anything commendable. I guess they will give him the first few league games, but he is a dead man walking now.

leggeto
Agreed, he is totally clueless and is very lucky to be in a job at this stage. He has now been in charge for the two most humiliating results in my 30+ years as a fan and he has a horrible overall record since arriving.
The team were so badly organised and short of fitness that it was beyond a joke tonight.

starting to think he is a cup team manager but in fairness we were not in the europa on merrit 99% of teams are and have had good previous season,european football for us will always be a glamour friendly because when we do have a good season all the good players leave after it

The_Exile
25-07-2013, 11:16 PM
That team selection baffled me, after a result like that I want answers, why was LS played at right back? Why did a clearly unfit JMcP start? Craig is a centre mid no? Then why the absolute **** is he playing as a winger?!!! Utter waste of his talents out there. I know Ive been beating the Claros drum for a while now, but my god did we miss him tonight. Long season ahead.....again.

Rico
25-07-2013, 11:16 PM
After the last 5 years I for one was in the give the manager time camp.

Not any more. Sorry Pat, you seem like a nice man and I hate to see anybody lose their job. But that was one shocking result and performance too far.

Anyway ......... sorry Pat.

You should not be sorry, he has been well paid to do a job he is incapable of doing, you or I would be sacked in months or even weeks if we had performed like this in our job.
And bear in mind that for Pat it is a job, for us it's everything.

Makaveli
25-07-2013, 11:17 PM
The sad fact is, because we have hired and fired so many bad managers recently, that folk now think we need to stick with a poor manager that prob would/should have been punted a while back if he had come in after say Mowbray. It's because he's came in from Calderwood he's only slightly better.

Exactly. It's like our options are stick with this crap manager or get a new crap manager.

Says a lot about the jokers in charge of recruitment that people think like this.

wazoo1875
25-07-2013, 11:18 PM

Aye and you're no one of them

greenlex
25-07-2013, 11:19 PM
This.

swazzie
25-07-2013, 11:19 PM
As an attempt to be more rational and constructive than abusive about our club after tonight:-

I'm just so tired
- of every first touch being safe and backwards
- of every midfielder's first run being into the hole behind the ball carrier
- of us trying to keep possession just for possession's sake and not with any thought of pulling teams around to make space
- of nobody moving off and ahead of the ball
- of lazy passes at a pace and trajectory that can't be controlled
- of no-one being prepared to beat a man in the opposition half
- of attacks where the ball is never fully under control and rarely passed along the ground
- and of being tired because I lie in bed at night getting annoyed about this

This has being going on for seasons now. Countless players have come and gone now, many of whom arrived having shown clear ability at their previous clubs.

We can talk about more new players coming in but until these fundamental basics are addressed nothing is going to change. The mentality of our players has to change.

This is a training ground issue and like it or not the buck must stop with the manager. The posts that struck the biggest chord for me tonight were those that said they had lost confidence in Fenlon and people who said they supported him but had realised that actually this was really only because he seemed quite a likeable guy and because a constant changing of managers was doing no good

I've been a supporter of him too but a 0-7 home defeat in a competitive game is now a critical tipping point for me, and it seems many others and, with some sadness and reluctance I now think he has to go. If he doesn't then the problems outlined here will just go on and on and on and on....

A bit like this post :greengrin

harvthehibee
25-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Alex Ferguson could take over tomorrow and with the team and financial restraints of Scottish football in general and would struggle to compete in europe, tactics, set pieces can be spot on but if your outplayed by a superior team then there is nothing you can do. The manager can be at fault for tactics yes and team selection, but Fenlon has been building a squad to compete in the domestic league and cup competitions. Europe is a financial bonus and a fun ride but who in their right mind thinks the players we have had much of a chance against a hardened experienced and classier team? People can blame the current crop of players all they like but at the end of the day its first of all at its core very much a young team. Harris Handling Forster Mullen to name people under 20 who played a part. Secondly even if you were to sack everyone and start again who are you going to attract who can challenge in Europe? No one, yes the result is appalling as we shouldn't be conceding 7 goals in any game. IMO however the only way to have a chance is to nurture and encourage young talent and sell them on creating more money in order to strengthen. We like everyone in the SPL bar Celtic are incapable of making a mark in Europe (Odd exceptions aside and congratulations to St. Johnstone) because our players cannot raise their game to that level pure and simple, due mainly I believe to the quality of opposition they face on a weekly basis.

Fenlon MUST be questioned should the league campaign begin in diabolical fashion (first 5 games)

Got really annoyed at some folk questioning Harris already though, saying he's not good enough etc, for that level against that quality he is not but he won't improve if we criticize his every mistake.

People want youth rather than wage robbers will have to deal with the inexperience of youth, because if harris could beat three men and cross a ball and make 40 yard passes with ease he would not be here simple, we must IMO obviously, encourage the youth and sell on only then do we have a chance of in future with that money competing in europe.

jeffers
25-07-2013, 11:21 PM
This, it's his squad now and it's a bit of a mess. 5/6 central midfield players when you can only really use 2/3 at the same time. Only three forwards on the books then he plays 4-4-2 in big games (?). There has been some improvement post Calderwood but that is probably more due to Fenlon at least working hard, which is a minimum requirement rather than anything commendable. I guess they will give him the first few league games, but he is a dead man walking now.

Add to that a defence that can't defend, very little creativity and no pace in the side whatsoever.

Teapot
25-07-2013, 11:25 PM

:agree:. He has assembled a fairly good team on paper. Give him time to gel them and then judge him on the league games. Still think he will turn out to be a good manager for us.

Amit
25-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm all for letting managers build a team over the long term but as others have posted, PF has broken too many bad records and no matter what players he brings in, he is unable to make a team of them.

Sums it up really when Malmo's number 10 chased down a ball which would have gone out for a Hibs by kick to ensure Hibs only got a thrown deep in their own half and that was when Malmo were 7-0 up.

Pat is dead man walking. If the first few results of the season go against us then he'll not make the AGM. Then we'll have the usual empty seat at the meeting!

Rod you neck is on the line. You clearly don't know how to hire a decent manager. You got lucky with Mowbray. We consistently punch below our weight and its about time you left or at least allow someone else to decide the next appointment.

Springbank
25-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Go Pat

And ****ung apologise you wee *******

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 11:29 PM
This.

Really? Not arguing but why? Has he shown enough to justify being the Hibs manager Lex?

Springbank
:agree:. He has assembled a fairly good team on paper. Give him time to gel them and then judge him on the league games. Still think he will turn out to be a good manager for us.

Give him time????

Have a f cking word

Or are you immortal

Rest of us have seen plenty enough

jeffers

Serious question GL, what makes you think he will turn out to be a good manager for us ?

25-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Not read any of the thread so apologies if already covered.

There's only 1 team this season that hibs will play as good as that and that's the team that will walk the league. It's not all doom and gloom.

They were good, really good at times. I heard a few fans saying things alongs the lines of 'they're (malmo) no that good', 'that left/right back is shan'. 'Typical hibs.'

If hibs had put together some of the attacking moves they did the night we'd be excited as f***. And it would have been the best I've probably ever seen them play (I'm 31).

I'm gutted with the result, but I'm not worried about the season ahead. Vine looked good, Harris will hopefully keep getting better, Collins will bang a few in to fill the void that Leigh has left and THEY will hopefully be history.

We'll finish higher than last season. The season after next, we'll finish higher.

Wonder what odds I'd get for that...

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Give him time????

Have a f cking word

Or are you immortal

Rest of us have seen plenty enough

Time for bed pal you've had one too many tonight.

Diclonius
If Fenlon goes (and I have no complaints either way) then it is imperative that Petrie goes with him. The manager gets the blame for the players underperforming, so why should the chairman be free of blame when he consistantly appoints managers who underperform? And it's not like they've been failures everywhere - they all had a large degree of success either before or after Hibs.

Mixu - eye-bleeding football and poor performances at Hibs, then won MOTY at Kilmarnock and now in charge of his national team.
Hughes - reached the Scottish Cup Final with Falkirk after promoting them and finishing mid-table in the SPL, only to go on one of the worst run of games in Hibs' history culminating in drawing a game from 6-2 up in the last twenty minutes.
Calderwood - track record of getting both Northampton and Nottingham Forest promoted in the English lower leagues, then went onto being a complete ****ing failure at Hibs.
Fenlon - won God knows how many trophies in his native Ireland, then went on to achieve 1-5 and 0-7.

I do not understand why Petrie is considered a saint by many Hibs fans after presiding over one of the worst five years this club has ever endured.

Rico
Alex Ferguson could take over tomorrow and with the team and financial restraints of Scottish football in general and would struggle to compete in europe, tactics, set pieces can be spot on but if your outplayed by a superior team then there is nothing you can do. The manager can be at fault for tactics yes and team selection, but Fenlon has been building a squad to compete in the domestic league and cup competitions. Europe is a financial bonus and a fun ride but who in their right mind thinks the players we have had much of a chance against a hardened experienced and classier team?

Do you think the Drogheda fans would be using these excuses after the mighty Malmo failed to score in Ireland?.

Ricky Bobby
I think that given the time Fenlon has had in charge it would still be acceptable to have a transitional squad, but he should at the least have made us hard to beat. He has failed to do that and should go.

Heisenberg
25-07-2013, 11:32 PM

There's only 1 team this season that hibs will play as good as that and that's the team that will walk the league. It's not all doom and gloom.

They were good, really good at times. I heard a few fans saying things alongs the lines of 'they're (malmo) no that good', 'that left/right back is shan'. 'Typical hibs.'

If hibs had put together some of the attacking moves they did the night we'd be excited as f***. And it would have been the best I've probably ever seen them play (I'm 31).

I'm gutted with the result, but I'm not worried about the season ahead. Vine looked good, Harris will hopefully keep getting better, Collins will bang a few in to fill the void that Leigh has left and THEY will hopefully be history.

We'll finish higher than last season. The season after next, we'll finish higher.

I hope Pat realises Harris is much better wide left. Craig is also better in the middle as he's incredibly slow. It'll probably take him half the season mind you.

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 11:34 PM

You are entitled to your opinion of course.....but on what basis are you still behnd him!?

We finished in the bottom 6 last year (behind the likes of Ross Co, St J, M'Well and in a league without Rangers and effectively Hearts)
Our football is dreadful under Fenlon
He signed Kuqi and Kujabi FFS
We have just been humped 7-0 at home to Malmo (and it was 7-0 going on 10-0 by the way!!)
We still have no pace in the team
We still look really unfit
St Johnstone have just beaten Rosenburg - that is surely a fair benchmark for us and Fenlon, no ???

So in the "game that matters" against Motherwell, if we lose (as I expect us to) will your stance change ?!?

I know that we can't keep sacking managers, but when is "enough enough" as far as Pat is concerned ?!?!?

Billy McKirdy
Tonight...it's ***** being Hibby...that is all :confused::confused::confused:

edwards
I have had enough apparently Stack and Polson were on twitter tonight slating Fenlon stating just leave. Just go and get Butcher soon pleeeeease. :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
25-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Do you think the Drogheda fans would be using these excuses after the mighty Malmo failed to score in Ireland?.

Extremely valid point ! :agree::agree:

Part/Time Supporter
25-07-2013, 11:36 PM

That might be true, but it's no excuse for not competing. Even if you are overmatched you have to do something to restrict the opposition, then maybe think about creating chances and possibly taking them. I think pretty much everyone expected Hibs to lose the tie, but to lose 7-0 at home is completely unacceptable.

Teapot
25-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Serious question GL, what makes you think he will turn out to be a good manager for us ?

Blind optimism :greengrin

Tonight was absolute dross but i thought they were a good team that had played together much longer than we had. The new signings struggled to link up play tonight and i'm putting that down to their lack of time playing together.

if we get beat from motherwell and hearts then I'll start asking questions.

Callum_62
I have had enough apparently Stack and Polson were on twitter tonight slating Fenlon stating just leave. Just go and get Butcher soon pleeeeease. :rolleyes:

Well....if these 2 legends say it should happen, then it must.... :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab

Sorry mate I know you've posted with good intentions but this reeks of yam nonsense for me. And who is polson??

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I expect an announcement tomorrow to say he has left the club, mutual consent/sacked whatever it is he has to go.

SteveHFC
25-07-2013, 11:40 PM
I expect an announcement tomorrow to say he has left the club, mutual consent/sacked whatever it is he has to go.

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2013, 11:41 PM

:top marks :agree:

heid the baw
25-07-2013, 11:42 PM
A lot of people stating that Fenlon has presided over the worst 2 defeats in Hibs history.
Ironically both games only came about as a result of very decent back to back cup runs which no other manager in my lifetime has ever achieved.

Hibs have been a poor side in a poor league for decades. Sacking Fenlon will not change that.

Tonight was "life after Griffiths" part 1. Claros was a big miss too as was the injured McGivern. New players have arrived, Jimmy Nicoll there now too. The league season has not yet started. Lets see where we are in a few months.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 11:47 PM

Hopefully this is the case.

25-07-2013, 11:48 PM
That might be true, but it's no excuse for not competing. Even if you are overmatched you have to do something to restrict the opposition, then maybe think about creating chances and possibly taking them. I think pretty much everyone expected Hibs to lose the tie, but to lose 7-0 at home is completely unacceptable.

Agree re competing, they should have fought for their lives. I was disappointed on that front and that's being kind to them.

Makaveli
25-07-2013, 11:49 PM
I don't think he'll get sacked the day after a £200k signing but for those expecting him to go, Bet Victor (http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/football-specials/scottish-specials/next-spl-manager-to-leave-post/142051798/412277300) are still giving 4/1 on Fenlon being the next SPL manager to leave his post.

Coco Bryce
I would imagine so.

This damage is unrepairable.

1875STEVE
Sorry mate I know you've posted with good intentions but this reeks of yam nonsense for me. And who is polson??

The guys spot on Hermit.

Brian MGlaughlin from the bbc tweeted something along the lines of "Where do Hibs go from here? What can Fenlon do now with only a week or so until the new season.

Graham Stack replied "LEAVE" and Victor Pallson retweeted it.

davidw
Let's appoint a manager with experience of doing well at a high level - say, for example, the Swedish league. And let's not appoint a manager with experience of doing well at a crap level - say, for example, the Irish league.

That way we might get a better manager.

Just a crazy idea.

Fergus52
A lot of people stating that Fenlon has presided over the worst 2 defeats in Hibs history.
Ironically both games only came about as a result of very decent back to back cup runs which no other manager in my lifetime has ever achieved.

Hibs have been a poor side in a poor league for decades. Sacking Fenlon will not change that.

Tonight was "life after Griffiths" part 1. Claros was a big miss too as was the injured McGivern. New players have arrived, Jimmy Nicoll there now too. The league season has not yet started. Lets see where we are in a few months.

Agree with this!

Heisenberg
25-07-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't think he'll get sacked the day after a £200k signing but for those expecting him to go, Bet Victor (http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/football-specials/scottish-specials/next-spl-manager-to-leave-post/142051798/412277300) are still giving 4/1 on Fenlon being the next SPL manager to leave his post.

That was my thought too. Can't see it being soon.

LancsHibs
25-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Fenlon sounded like a broken man on the radio tonight, I think he knows he is out of his depth, he is an honourable man and think/hope he will do the right thing and resign tomorrow.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 11:54 PM
The guys spot on Hermit.

Brian MGlaughlin from the bbc tweeted something along the lines of "Where do Hibs go from here? What can Fenlon do now with only a week or so until the new season.

Graham Stack replied "LEAVE" and Victor Pallson retweeted it.

In that case I take it back.

McHibby
25-07-2013, 11:55 PM
I don't know what to think re Fenlon. I'm still pretty shell-shocked by that scoreline to be honest. I genuinely feel more affected by this than by the cup final 2012. It's gutting.

Only Hibs could have you ending one season walking out of Hampden absolutely bursting with pride to be a Hibee (after the cup final singing); and starting the new one feeling embarrassed and horrified.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I dont know what to think, im shell-shocked :(

25-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Lets see how we do on Sun. Against a team that are in the same position as us in terms of pre season.

Hopefully it provides some perspective compared to that game the night.

blaikie
26-07-2013, 12:01 AM
We sack Fenlon who in there right mind is going to take the job?

26-07-2013, 12:01 AM
I dont know what to think, im shell-shocked :(

Really?? I'm not worried in the slightest. Where would they finish in the spl? In your opinion?

Notahappyhibee
26-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Not a good night to be a Hibee 😖

Notahappyhibee
26-07-2013, 12:06 AM
I've been wanting felon out since the Queen of the South game. I don't see any improvement since that game. Got the same sickening feeling as that night though😡

blackpoolhibs
A result like we have just suffered should be an instant dismissal for whoever was in charge at Easter road.

That was unacceptable and Fenlon keeps giving us unacceptable results in our bigger games. There is losing and there is losing, but we were thumped sideways and looked a complete shambles without a clue.

This is Fenlons team, his signings and his mess, and i'm sorry but that result has done it for me.

Hibernia&Alba
Perhaps I'm too sentimental and soft-hearted for my own good, but I don't whether we should pull the trigger just yet. I totally understand the point of view of those who are saying that 0-7 is worthy of instant dismissal. A 0-9 aggregate in a qualifying round is utterly shameful, yet perhaps we need to see how we start in the league before making a decision. It's hard to contextualize the result, though I'm not for a moment saying it's acceptable. We did see some progress last season from the diabolical year before, and sacking the manager before the season has really started could prove a mistake. I'm 50-50 just now.

silverhibee
26-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Lets see how we do on Sun. Against a team that are in the same position as us in terms of pre season.

Hopefully it provides some perspective compared to that game the night.

McFadden will rip our defence to pieces on Sunday.

I expect Jimmy Nicholl to be in charge for the game on Sunday anyway.

marinello59
26-07-2013, 12:09 AM

Let's hope so.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Perhaps I'm too sentimental and soft-hearted for my own good, but I don't whether we should pull the trigger just yet. I totally understand the point of view of those who are saying that 0-7 is worthy of instant dismissal. A 0-9 aggregate in a qualifying round is utterly shameful, yet perhaps we need to see how we start in the league before making a decision. It's hard to contextualize the result, though I'm not for a moment saying it's acceptable. We did see some progress last season from the diabolical year before, and sacking the manager before the season has really started could prove a mistake. I'm 50-50 just now.

I haven't really seen any progress mate. Any have decent player he signs seems to leave their skills and football brain the changing rooms.

'Mon the Hibs
26-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Could be worse (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247788-Financial-meltdown-(BDO-appointed-as-HMFC-administrators))

26-07-2013, 12:11 AM

And if/when he does I'll then be jumping on 'I'm worried' boat.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Could be worse (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247788-Financial-meltdown-(BDO-appointed-as-HMFC-administrators))

We can't hide behind hearts financial failures. We're hibs and they shouldn't even come into our thinking just now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Really?? I'm not worried in the slightest. Where would they finish in the spl? In your opinion?

I honestly dony know mate.

26-07-2013, 12:23 AM
We can't hide behind hearts financial failures. We're hibs and they shouldn't even come into our thinking just now.

Here effin here,sir.

Time For Heroes
26-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Maybe I have the blinkers on.
We got more than outplayed by a much better side, let's not kid ourselves we were gulfs apart!
We played beyond poor but how much blame can Fenlon take?
Walking out infront of that support and bottle it (again) shows more about the team, Fenlon only has the pot he can piss in.
I reckon we need someone new but what do we expect?

marinello59
26-07-2013, 12:24 AM

In my opinion they would finish top six..........closer to mid table than top though. They were certainly no Dnipro or Maribor.

26-07-2013, 12:24 AM
I honestly dony know mate.

I reckon they'd cruise to 2nd and possibly trouble Celtc on an off day.

Nailrod
26-07-2013, 12:28 AM
RP is a bean counter he has run our club in a profit lets give him some slack yes the nights result was a mare and it is now obvious things need to change before the next AGM.

He hasn't. The club is losing money. RP had the good fortune to benefit from the revenues of 'the golden generation'. In bean-counting terms these would be considered an 'exceptional item'. A good part of these revenues has been utterly squandered.

The club is losing money because attendances are falling away. Attendances are falling away because the football is rubbish and performances are poor - as in "the worst (fill in the blank) in Hibs history". The football is rubbish and performances are poor because five successive managers, whatever their credentials, have now failed spectacularly. Managers have failed spectacularly because there is something unhealthy at the club. There is something unhealthy at the club because it is being run as the personal fiefdom of a guy who has been around far too long, who probably has a tendency to behave as if he owns it, who is very probably the only person at the club who ever sees, speaks to, or interacts with the actual owner in any way (which is extremely unhealthy), and who clearly has absolutely no idea whatsoever about how to run a football club (as in football club).

Time For Heroes
26-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Oh I because we will always attract the best manager...,
away to bed...,

26-07-2013, 12:30 AM
In my opinion they would finish top six..........closer to mid table than top though. They were certainly no Dnipro or Maribor.

I went to Maribor, that first half tonight was reminiscent, apart from the rain was off. I thought the swedes looked handy and might give the welsh a game, maybe even a draw in Sweden.

HibeeB
26-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Maybe I have the blinkers on.
We got more than outplayed by a much better side, let's not kid ourselves we were gulfs apart!
We played beyond poor but how much blame can Fenlon take?
Walking out infront of that support and bottle it (again) shows more about the team, Fenlon only has the pot he can piss in.
I reckon we need someone new but what do we expect?

He bought the pot himself!!!!!!!

Hibercelona
26-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Oh I because we will always attract the best manager...,
away to bed...,

We wouldn't even attract Jocelyn Wildenstein to the club.

gegs70
26-07-2013, 12:34 AM
A result like we have just suffered should be an instant dismissal for whoever was in charge at Easter road.

That was unacceptable and Fenlon keeps giving us unacceptable results in our bigger games. There is losing and there is losing, but we were thumped sideways and looked a complete shambles without a clue.

This is Fenlons team, his signings and his mess, and i'm sorry but that result has done it for me.

A result which is an embarresment to Lawrie Reilly, hibs and Scotland!!! I ahave to agree....

BT58
26-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Humbled by Qo S 2-0
Very bad score hertz (SACKABLE OFFENCE !!!!)
Team never tried V Celtic ( no his fault i suppose)
Beat by BETTER TEAM MALMO,,however the manner of result is a SLAP IN FACE OF ALL HIBS FANS,; if this aint sackable then Mr Petrie its time fir you to go too
Butcher fer me !!!!!
Then again,im oot o work;;can i try for it,,im like sir alexo,,,,i like wine,and the horses
Bt

Hibernia&Alba
26-07-2013, 12:36 AM
If Fenlon is sacked, things won't change much unless we happen to find an undiscovered genius. The club is drifting along and needs taking by the scruff of the neck from the boardroom down. We need leadership, vision and real ability both on and off the pitch. We don't need a billionaire to come in to provide the means to punch above our weight, we need quality people in the key positions in the club - the board, manager, coaches, dieticians, PR etc. The right people in the right positions is what we've lacked for decades. We should be consistently challenging for top three or four in the SPL, yet there never seems to be a strategy in place to do so.

BT58
26-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Wil the very happy clappers be back on soon to tell us were
not actually real hibs fans????,that we should ACCEPT A 7-0 AT HOME???
Bt

Hermit Crab
26-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Here effin here,sir.

Why thank you. :)

TAHibby
26-07-2013, 12:49 AM
I posted elsewhere he should get half a season but I honestly just don't know anymore, really at a loss. I cannot stand the thought of having to undergo another managerial change but we absolutely should not put up with pure mediocrity. Can't decide if Fenlon has given us all he can or if he would be able to bounce back and enter the new season with a strong set of players and be able to compete.

We are all incredibly gutted tonight but we do have a team of some good players and some promising young ones. I'm extremely worried about whether Fenlon should be the man to carry on with them however.

FitbaFolkKen
26-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Bt

Yeah, I can imagine a lot of folk will accept a 0-7..... Fishing for an argument, tonight was terrible.

Callum_62
26-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Will he get the boot - possibly

Im maybe swimming against the tide here, but id give it until the 1st round of fixtures are done and see how we are placed

I think we have done OK with signings this pre season, and we finished last year pretty well.

Tonight was abysmal....a sacking offence?

im not so quick to jump on that bandwagon

marinello59
26-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Bt

The place is flooded with people saying we should accept it. And quite right too. I am chuffed to bits it wasn't 8-0.......I would have got slightly cross if that had been the case.

Alfred E Newman
26-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Much as I enjoyed the fight back, perhaps the Falkirk result has comeback to haunt us. Falkirk tore a very similar defence apart and it sounds the same case tonight. Fenlon was a dead duck at half time in the semi and like the duff Jimmy comeback at Tynie that resulted in eventual relegation, the Falkirk escape looks like costing us dear.

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2013, 01:05 AM
FK Khazar Lenkoran 0 v Maccabi Haifa 8

i would have been seriously ashamed if we had got beat 0-8

edinburghhibee
26-07-2013, 01:11 AM
I've read threw some of these posts and I'll be honest I was in the camp of giving pat a chance but **** me with a big stick that was the worst performance I have ever seen.

I've watch hibs get burst of rangers, Celtic even the **** in several occasions but not once have I decided I'm not bothered what the final result is... Tonight, at half time I didn't care less we were hammered by a bang average team, I know this because I have watched Swedish football for two years. Any player who shows a glimpse of hope there is snapped up by a German or Dutch team.

We were embarrassing and it's time for paddy to walk 0-7 and 1-5 is more than enough the man has no tactical awareness whatsoever in the games that mean something and its shocking football all the time to watch.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Oh but there's been progress :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He should have been moved on long ago.

matty_f
26-07-2013, 01:32 AM
I'd sack him. If we had even for a moment, a passage of play, looked like a football side tonight I might have been of a kinder frame of mind. Watching 11 statues (make that dummies) standing watching tbeir opponents play football has done it for me.

Went to the Raith friendly and thought we looked pish, no idea how to pass and move or even just compete, and we appear to have gone backwards since then.

I've backed Fenlon as much as anyone and criticised him when I felt it was merited. I don't see what he has shown to justify remaining in charge after that pish tonight.

macd123
26-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I really can't think of reasons why he should stay.

We managed to finish in the bottom 6 of a dreadfully sub- standard SPL last season. I have just witnessed an embarrassment at easter rd tonight and I had my kids with me - they don't want to go back!

We look REALLY unfit, we have no pace, no drive and no Leigh Griffiths sadly!

St J managed to beat Rosenburg FFS............

Fenlon must go, enough is enough.

I m so glad my kids couldn't come tonight! Would feel like a terrible parent putting them through that.