PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon has to go (post Malmo)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

NOLA
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Anyone hear it? Sounds like he knows he's off.

About time, can't see how the board can have confidence in him, the fans have clearly had enough,

Alfred E Newman
A crowd of less than 10,000 for the first came of a league season. Regardless of the time/being on TV that shows the board all they need to know.

The fans are deserting the team again...

I was there, watching through my fingers as per usual :cb

Live on TV and a daft ko time coupled with the Malmo farce probably had its effect on the attendance but it is a disappointing crowd for the opening league fixture.

Hermit Crab
Hibs boss Pat Fenlon on BBC Radio Scotland

"We defended really well but we got done by one long ball - it's a lack of concentration.

"There were good individual performances and I thought we contributed well to the game.

"I don't feel pressure. I said when I came in that if I can turn this club round, then great. If I can't, then someone else will come in. I've no problem with that."

:faf:

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I've got nothing against Fenlon, he isn't Calderwood plundering his sweeties and choosing which tastes the best...

He has just been shown to not be the standard of manager this football club requires. For that reason, I hope that he offers his resignation and understands that someone can come in, with the players that are currently there, and make the team better.

R'Albin
There's nothing unlucky about the manner in which we concede goals.

I'm not defending the result or performance, but IMO the goal was unlucky. It was an aimless header which resulted in our centre halves getting outpaced, and then it appeared that Williams slipped when running out to the boy.

We were poor today but I don't think Motherwell were any better.

neil7908
Dont want to throw around any personal abuse, I'm sure Pat is a decent guy and wants to do well but its not happening for him.

Lets get someone new in now to allow them to spend whatever budget is left.

The issues now are not just short terms but have big implications on the clubs future, compare the attendance today to the one against Malmo, or even the number of fans that turned out at Pittodrie yesterday.

J-C
Thought we started ok, some decent performances but the negativity shown by Pat and his team is a joke, the players look scared to venture forward and when they did, they looked a threat, particularly Robertson. His time was up against Malmo and nothing changed in my opinion, he looks like a dead man walking and if Petrie doesn't act soon, we'll be fighting relegation once more, oh ****ing joy!

matty_f
04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
More telling for me is how he said we should be talking about the positives of a 0-0. F*** all positive about 0-0, Pat.

Sweep
Long season ahead me thinks.

hibsbollah
No need to mock an accent. We all have one!

Sean called Pat a 'paddy ****' last week. Par for the course I'm afraid.

cad
I'd like Paul Hartley to come in, I could see a real transformation and him leaving for England in 3 years...

That's what success would mean

I actually thought we were better than expected at times but he's just been on the radio saying we should have been talking about the positives of a 0-0

0-0 at Easter Road isn't positive I'm afraid, he played for a draw today

Not good enough really - we need to defend and attack, not one or the other

Correct Joe 1 dugout wanted a win , other dugout happy with a draw.

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 03:09 PM

"We defended really well but we got done by one long ball - it's a lack of concentration.

"There were good individual performances and I thought we contributed well to the game.

"I don't feel pressure. I said when I came in that if I can turn this club round, then great. If I can't, then someone else will come in. I've no problem with that."

No Pat, it was actually two identical long balls that somehow we didn't heed the warning...

Contributed well? Because we had a flurry of attacks for 10 minutes?

Ok Pat, you cant. Therefore its time for 'someone else to come in' as you have stated. :rolleyes:

GoldenEagle
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm not defending the result or performance, but IMO the goal was unlucky. It was an aimless header which resulted in our centre halves getting outpaced, and then it appeared that Williams slipped when running out to the boy.

Unlucky?? Our 16st CH with zero pace is caught so high up the park with no cover and it's unlucky...I'd call it schoolboy stuff.

brian6-2
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh dear, you literally have me failing to find the words to reply. Enjoy the rest of your day playing with your lego and crayons...

And for your information when we resigned Thomson I declared I would never go back so my heid is hardly up the guys arse.

so he's been a revelation since he came back has he??????

what do you mean never go back were you riding him or something? welt.

hibsbollah
04-08-2013, 03:11 PM

I wouldn't argue with any of that to be honest:confused: If he said we we great or something I'd get out the pitchforks but...

R'Albin
04-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Unlucky?? Our 16st CH with zero pace is caught so high up the park with no cover and it's unlucky...I'd call it schoolboy stuff.

There was cover, but he wasn't quick enough to keep up with the striker.

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 03:12 PM

There was nothing unlucky about it. We concede goals like that week in week out.

When your CBs make aimless headers and get outpaced, it has nothing to do with being unlucky.

We deserved to lose that game for that 1 mistake alone. It's just not a mistake you can make and expect to get away with.

Boyle89
04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
It must be the end when he's talking about people possibly coming in. Or is this just wishful thinking?

Heisenberg
04-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Pat says we contributed to the game aye? Is the what sticking 11 behind the ball and hoofing it forward means? Terrible tactics and terrible performance.

Betty Boop

No need for that nonsense .

BoltonHibee
Are short managers ever really successful?

I think they can be, but not at the top level.

I think to succeed at the top you have to be at least 5'10 1/2. It's an interesting point you bring up

frazeHFC
04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
:agree:

It puzzles me why Caldwell hasn't been given his chance lately, he'd have worked better with Collins today than Craig did.

True, and especially later in the game when he brought Handling on. The guy has done nothing to impress so far whenever he comes on, yet Caldwell has played less but got a couple of vital goals. Should have been him coming on imo.

neil7908
04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
The only positives I can take from that game was the form of Robertson and Thomson. I dont think any player looked terrible but the way the team was set out was just so negative its unbelievable.

I can understand us being cautious after the Malmo game but its incredibly hard to justify forking out £22 a ticket to watch a team that is set out for a draw.

He needs to go, seems like a decent guy but at best this season will be another mid table finish and I fear were going to get a lot more scores that begin "Hibs 0" if he stays in charge.

Not kidding but from where I was sitting high up in the west stand there was a bloke asleep lying across a few seats in an empty row.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
You're all being too hasty. These things take times and Pat's only had 21 months. Lets give him another season.

For any waverers, we conceded three at home to Motherwell last season. Progress.

We were also 2-0 up and got beat 3-2 :greengrin

Elephant Stone

He's a professional throbber, best ignored.

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Pat hasnt turned us around we are arguably a wee bit better than 2 years ago. As I have said being better than CC doesn't make you a good manager it makes you better than a really bad one.

Please Pat clear your desk you have wasted 2 years of time do not waste anymore of our time watching Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
:faf:

I'm not sure what you are laughing at, i agree we did defend ok apart from one mistake the game would have ended 0-0. What annoys the hell out of me is thats was the result we seemed to want from the 20th minute on.

If we can't score, then we won't win many games with a team that's hell bent on not conceding. Fenlon = negative football.

SteveHFC
Get him to ****:aok:

Cropley10

"I don't feel pressure. I said when I came in that if I can turn this club round, then great. If I can't, then someone else will come in."

Bugger me he is deluded!

Ah the old, "individual mistakes" excuse (c) Mixu if I remember correctly.

Spike Mandela
04-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Has Pat accepted his fate?

He does sound like someone asking to be put out his misery.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I think they can be, but not at the top level.

I think to succeed at the top you have to be at least 5'10 1/2. It's an interesting point you bring up

I'm only 5.9, and i'm the best manager Hibs have never had.

lucky
04-08-2013, 03:21 PM
He knows what we all know his time is up. We have a decent SPFL squad but no managerial know how. It's time for him to go

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure what you are laughing at, i agree we did defend ok apart from one mistake the game would have ended 0-0. What annoys the hell out of me is thats was the result we seemed to want from the 20th minute on.

If we can't score, then we won't win many games with a team that's hell bent on not conceding. Fenlon = negative football.

For a team that's hell bent on not conceding, we sure do seem to concede a lot wouldn't you say?

Onion
04-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Said he's happy for someone to come in if he can't do it.

I heard that too and thought I was listening to Calderwood. It was the type of throw away comment that CC would have made while fiddling through a bag of sweeties.

Now Pat - what would you say if any of the Hibs players came out with a comment like that ?

The man has given up and finally realised that he's out of his depth in this league. With the resources Hibs have given him - great support, great ground, great training facilities and more money than most SPL clubs he should be looking forward with determination and confidence. But no, we have a manager who's happy to stay until the next guy comes in :rolleyes:

Onion
04-08-2013, 03:24 PM

I agree with this :wink:

whereswallace?
04-08-2013, 03:24 PM

:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 03:25 PM
For a team that's hell bent on not conceding, we sure do seem to concede a lot wouldn't you say?

We do, do you disagree?

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 03:25 PM
For me we actually played ok. But again his tactics were all wrong.

No support to Collins at all. The gap between midfield and the forward was far to big. No pace at all.

I'm honestly sick of the conservative approach and boring eye bleeding football. Sorry but he's got to go. He's tried he's failed

Chump
04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
hats off to those that paid today and went along to watch that utter drivel.....me - I did some gardening and then streamed the game on lap top because I can't find an ounce of desire to part with the best part of £30 to put myself through more frustration, embarrassment and humiliation!! I've lost my Hibs mojo.....

Could I be contributing to Hibs demise by not going....possibly. On the other hand it is one less Hibee there to shout abuse which also doesn't help

What the answer....god only knows but it's gonna take more than a new manager at ER to sort this mess out!! Top to bottom and quickly is the only answer for me....

To start the season off with a defensive 4-5-1 is absolutely shocking and PF has yet again done himself no favours with his choice of formation which dictates the mentality of the players.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 03:28 PM

No in my opinion he's been poor, but this is a new season and today he was our best player.

hibee19
04-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Would be interesting to see a fresh poll, you have to imagine his supporters are decreasing rapidly.

Craig_in_Prague
i am glad i chose the swimming pool over letting Hibs spoil my birthday.

we are never going to be a good side under PF.

Sad but true.

chrisski33
am told by someone inside the club kenny is taking over and that a would be happy with as he done a good job with killie just has 2 keep his mouth shut

yeah yeah

Thecat23
I'd off McCall or Butcher the job. Both know the SPL well both know how to play good attacking football and also have a team spirt that we just lack.

They have also got in players who can perform for them. So either of those for me.

brian6-2
04-08-2013, 03:31 PM
No in my opinion he's been poor, but this is a new season and today he was our best player.

im not disagreeing with you at all, he was the best of a bad bunch today ive said that all along.

my point is, it was no where near good enough, he should be bossing the midfield as he knows what its all about, but he doesnt.

he doesnt look like the midfield spark he was for us and certainly not the type of player thats going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and deliver a quality service to collins.

BoltonHibee
I'm only 5.9, and i'm the best manager Hibs have never had.

I'd be your kit man, but that would mean you had the hard job of getting rid of Tam!

Eternal Hibbie
Hibs are not going to sack PF. Time to close this thread and move on. For all his faults he is the Hibs manager. The atmosphere surrounding the club can't be helped with us moaning about the manager and the chairman before the league season has started.

Like everything in life there comes a point when it becomes inevitable.

Supporters have turned against him only one game in, there's very little atmosphere on matchdays at ER due to his inability to play an attractive attacking system - do you see this changing anytime soon ?

No fault of the board this time as he has been well backed.

Clearly he is not the answer, time to move on.

YehButNoBut
04-08-2013, 03:32 PM
I'd off McCall or Butcher the job. Both know the SPL well both know how to play good attacking football and also have a team spirt that we just lack.

They have also got in players who can perform for them. So either of those for me.

Either would be good but do you think they would leave their clubs at this stage of the season.

They have both already turned down Sheff Utd & Barnsley, so why would they come to Hibs?

04-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Hearts will use Hibs as their "target to reach".

:rolleyes:

Typical, everything revolves around us with them.

Anyway, even with that extremely weak hearts side, I fear for us next week especially with Fenlons tactics. I've defended Fenlon for so long, even through a lot of rough times but i'm afraid i've lost patience now and as much as I don't think chopping and changing managers every 2 seasons or so is a good thing, I just can't see Fenlon turning this around and taking us forward.

Sorry Pat but enough is enough.

Onion
04-08-2013, 03:33 PM
This is simply a matter of how many weeks and further negative under-performances he can survive. Motherwell were there for the taking today but were untested and strolled through the match due our managers negative tactics. When was the last time a Hibs manager said "I thought we contributed to the game" after a Hibs home match against a much smaller club (albeit better run). That comment alone tells us everything about Fenlon's state of mind and where he think Hibs are as a club/team.

There were some definite positives from some of the players : Tudor Jones looked good until he tiered, KT had his best games in a Hibs strip and was my POTM, Robertson also good game until tiring and Mullen looks like he'll develop into a good RB.

But with Fenlon's anti-football, Collins must wonder what the hell he's done.

HibeeHendo
04-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Realistically, who can we replace him with?

BoltonHibee

KT was head and shoulders above anything on the park today. You have to realise also that good players need to play alongside players that actually read and understand the game as well as they do, probably more so in midfield.

Brightside
I thought they actually played well for the first 60 or so minutes but then for someone unknown reason Fenlon starts telling them to defend deeper. Its madness - we had the game under control and he let them take over.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
im not disagreeing with you at all, he was the best of a bad bunch today ive said that all along.

my point is, it was no where near good enough, he should be bossing the midfield as he knows what its all about, but he doesnt.

he doesnt look like the midfield spark he was for us and certainly not the type of player thats going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and deliver a quality service to collins.

I'd give him an 8/10 for today, if the other 4 who played alongside him had also got an 8, the TEAM might have had a different result.

As someone else said, away and play with your crayons, yer arguments pish. :rolleyes:

DH1875
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Say we beat hearts next week, what does that prove? Win or lose against them, Fenlon isn't the man.

sesoim
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM

:agree: Spot on. I've saw too many games under Fenlon where we appear to just settle for keeping it level and just hope that we might grab a goal out of nothing. Well, we have even less chance of grabbing a goal from nothing now that Griffiths isn't here. Fenlon signed EIGHT players during the window and yet the defence is still shaky, we are still too leisurely in midfield and we are still struggling to score goals. We will never get near 2nd place or even the top four playing a 4-5-1.

Can anyone really see us improving on today and going on to have good season? Is Fenlon capable of finding the right players and the right system to win games and score goals without conceding too many? To me, we are just going to waste another season if we keep Fenlon in charge any longer.

brian6-2
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd give him an 8/10 for today, if the other 4 who played alongside him had also got an 8, the TEAM might have had a different result.

As someone else said, away and play with your crayons, yer arguments pish. :rolleyes:

8/10 hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

best laugh ive had all day mate, nice one.

Elephant Stone
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm quite into the mad notion of letting Pat continue this unbeaten run against them.

BarneyK
I thought they actually played well for the first 60 or so minutes but then for someone unknown reason Fenlon starts telling them to defend deeper. Its madness - we had the game under control and he let them take over.

I would have said we dominated for the 20 minutes in the first half and half an hour in the second, though without ever looking like scoring. Not a terrible performance by any means but it is a bit disheartening that we wonder where our next goal is coming from.

sesoim
No chance. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than ER today.

He was probably just bored.

J-C
This is simply a matter of how many weeks and further negative under-performances he can survive. Motherwell were there for the taking today but were untested and strolled through the match due our managers negative tactics. When was the last time a Hibs manager said "I thought we contributed to the game" after a Hibs home match against a much smaller club (albeit better run). That comment alone tells us everything about Fenlon's state of mind and where he think Hibs are as a club/team.

There were some definite positives from some of the players : Tudor Jones looked good until he tiered, KT had his best games in a Hibs strip and was my POTM, Robertson also good game until tiring and Mullen looks like he'll develop into a good RB.

But with Fenlon's anti-football, Collins must wonder what the hell he's done.

You watching the same guy as me, I thought he was shocking, a tall man's Deegan.

Kaiser_Sauzee
04-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Individual mistakes are all very well and can be accepted when you are scoring goals. Hibs don't even look like scoring goals, so when we go a goal behind you can actually feel the 'resigned to a defeat' atmosphere from within the stadium.

This is not good enough.

Brightside
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I would have said we dominated for the 20 minutes in the first half and half an hour in the second, though without ever looking like scoring. Not a terrible performance by any means but it is a bit disheartening that we wonder where our next goal is coming from.

I didnt understand the Taiwo sub. Why bring on another holding mid when we should have been trying to win the game. We are crying out a winger and a proper number 10. Also why on earth play Craig on the right wing?

J-C
04-08-2013, 03:41 PM
No chance. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than ER today.

We all looked like we wanted to be anywhere other than ER today. :wink:

Onion
You must be on the wind up surely? All good he's done is purely down to having Leigh Griffiths in the side. If we hadnt of had Leigh last season Fenlon would have been long gone.

:agree: Fenlon was the luckiest manager on the SPL last 2 seasons simply because he could call of LG to bail him out. We'd be playing Championship football as well.

blackpoolhibs
8/10 hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

best laugh ive had all day mate, nice one.

Ok you disagree, but admit he was our best player today. Who would you replace him with and why?

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 03:42 PM
You watching the same guy as me, I thought he was shocking, a tall man's Deegan.

I actually agree with Tudor Jones having a decent game. I thought Thomson, Craig, Robertson and OTJ all worked hard to close down all over the pitch. Unfortunately none of them worked as hard to get up and support our lone forward. That's why we lost. Pretty simple really. We should have got a 0-0, but there's no way to make a case that we should have won. Not good.

hibees 7062

:agree: Not scored in the last 4 games and conceded 13 and won ?????

Emerald
Win over Celtic at home, Hearts home and away, signed the best keeper we have had in years, brought through Harris and Forster, got us to two cup finals as you have said and into Europe(although these things didn't end well I certainly would rather have been there than not).

I dunno, maybe he isn't the right man for Hibs but he has certainly been an improvement over Calderwood and Hughes IMO
Aye, and has a centre forward playing in a different post code area than the rest of the team, no one willing to go past the player with the ball. They are slow, negative and without Griffiths never look like scoring. He is playing the most boring turgid football I have ever seen at Easter Road. He is an amateur manager plucked from an amateur league and is turning Hibs into an amateur team. And you say Pat Fenlon has been good for Hibs. Thousands of empty seats on the opening day of the season says it all, folk are not willing to watch his pish tactics anymore. If he goes now it will be 20 months too late. He should do the decent thing and resign and not burden Hibs with a big cash penalty but he won't.

BoltonHibee
:agree: Fenlon was the luckiest manager on the SPL last 2 seasons simply because he could call of LG to bail him out. We'd be playing Championship football as well.

I think this is lost on a lot of people, unfortunately

J-C
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM
I didnt understand the Taiwo sub. Why bring on another holding mid when we should have been trying to win the game. We are crying out a winger and a proper number 10. Also why on earth play Craig on the right wing?

Because Fenlon is a numpty, he just hasn't got a clue, Stanton is a natural forward thinking CM and should've replaced Robertson, with Taiwo on for Jones.

Onion
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Say we beat hearts next week, what does that prove? Win or lose against them, Fenlon isn't the man.

Hearts cannot lose next week. They either win the match (against all the odds) or we get to keep Fenlon :cb

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Thought we started ok, some decent performances but the negativity shown by Pat and his team is a joke, the players look scared to venture forward and when they did, they looked a threat, particularly Robertson.

This is where I'm at. We actually played some lovely football, and in Craig, Mullen, Harris and Thomson, we have players that can put a decent ball in the box. We just looked terrified to press forward at times. There was one occasion where Mullen was given the ball in space, 3/4's up the pitch. He turned to go forward with it, then changed his mind, turned round, and passed it back to a centre half. He could have easily played a ball in from where he was.

Craig, Thomson, Harris, Robertson, Taiwo, McGivern are decent players. Vine, Mullen, Collins look like they are decent players. There is definitely a decent team out there, but we (PF) don't seem to know how to use these players properly

Dashing Bob S
A four figure for the opening game of the season, and you can't blame the stay aways.

4-5-1 at home to Motherwell, and with a team devoid of pace and width and where the sole striker isn't a target man? C'mon Mister Fenlon, how many more ways could you be silly?

adhibs
Another massive **** up from rod. Wouldve been better geting someone in last week so they couldve at least got a bit pre season with the team

stoneyburn hibs
04-08-2013, 03:45 PM

Craig should have been switched to the left at half time as Harris wasn't having the best of games

Ozyhibby
What's the lowest crowd for a first home game of the season we have had recently? Today must have come close?

hibee_girl

hibees 7062
04-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Realistically, who can we replace him with?

Nicholl and Maybury

SkintHibby
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM
i am glad i chose the swimming pool over letting Hibs spoil my birthday.

we are never going to be a good side under PF.

Sad but true.

You went to the swimming pool for your birthday!!!

Brilliant, love it lolol!

:rotflmao:

Edit: Hibby Birthday! :-)

lucky
04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Not trying to defend the 4-5-1 but with 9 players not available he had little choice. He should have switched to 4-4-2 with 15 mins to go and tried to win game rather than try not to lose it.

J-C
04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
This is where I'm at. We actually played some lovely football, and in Craig, Mullen, Harris and Thomson, we have players that can put a decent ball in the box. We just looked terrified to press forward at times. There was one occasion where Mullen was given the ball in space, 3/4's up the pitch. He turned to go forward with it, then changed his mind, turned round, and passed it back to a centre half. He could have easily played a ball in from where he was.

Craig, Thomson, Harris, Robertson, Taiwo, McGivern are decent players. Vine, Mullen, Collins look like they are decent players. There is definitely a decent team out there, but we (PF) don't seem to know how to use these players properly

Do you think it's because the midfield have zero confidence in the defence, hence why they hold back so much, or is it Pat's instructions, I think the latter, he looked for the point and it backfired again, needs booted.

hibees 7062
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM

:agree: This

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Been like that for ages. Not sure if it's a lack of confidence in the players or instructions from the sidelines. :rolleyes:

cloudy
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
9000 at today's game, if fenlon walks/sacked would the fans comeback? what happens if we win next week? My heart says the team needs time to gel my head says the team is good enough to compete for second he just hasn't got it as a manager and thinks tactics are small mints that come in a small plastic box, if we win next week it only papers over the cracks, losing the faith

04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Why?
Why wait??
Loses a week in finding a new manager.

I agree, lets not wait to get beat off hearts which would be a major embarrassment given how weak their team is atm. If we did manage to beat hearts that would paper over the major cracks and deflect attention away from some of the problems for a while.

He's far too negative, hearts have a poor side so if we can get ourselves set up positively and set out to really attack and have a go at them then we can exploit their youngsters at the back. We absolutely have to have a go at them and not set up to sit behind the ball and invite hearts onto us.

CallumLaidlaw
Do you think it's because the midfield have zero confidence in the defence, hence why they hold back so much, or is it Pat's instructions, I think the latter, he looked for the point and it backfired again, needs booted.

I agree with you, it has to be PF's instructions. A footballers natural instinct should be to go forward. We seem to get the ball in midfield and rather than push up quickly and catch the opponent cold, we take the sting out of the ball, play a sideways pass, and allow the opposition to regroup. Every single time.

weonlywon6-2

This about sums it for me as well.We aren't a great team but we do have enough decent players to be able to fight better than we are.

Don't want a derby loss just to get rid of Fenlon

neil7908
04-08-2013, 03:54 PM
hats off to those that paid today and went along to watch that utter drivel.....me - I did some gardening and then streamed the game on lap top because I can't find an ounce of desire to part with the best part of £30 to put myself through more frustration, embarrassment and humiliation!! I've lost my Hibs mojo.....

Could I be contributing to Hibs demise by not going....possibly. On the other hand it is one less Hibee there to shout abuse which also doesn't help

What the answer....god only knows but it's gonna take more than a new manager at ER to sort this mess out!! Top to bottom and quickly is the only answer for me....

To start the season off with a defensive 4-5-1 is absolutely shocking and PF has yet again done himself no favours with his choice of formation which dictates the mentality of the players.

Had my dad, brother and girlfriend along to Malmo game, couple haven't been to many games recently but have in the past been season ticket holders. We were all gone after 60 mins and said we wont be hurrying back.

For some daft reason I decided I was keen to go today but only way I could persuade the girlfriend to come was to buy her ticket so spent £44 on watching that.

Add that to the money for the Malmo game at ER and the cup final and its 3 games, well over £100 spent on tickets, travel, food etc and we probably had about 5 shots on target over those 270 minutes.

At least Williamson had the decency to put his cards on the table about his footballing philosophy...

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Anyway, seeing that the admins mash all this into one thread, so that the true feelings aren't seen outwith

For the avoidance of doubt.

FENLON **** OFF

You are one big IMPOSTER

Gordy M
04-08-2013, 04:00 PM
I think we need a change, but not kenny shiels for me. I dont' remember his team beating hibs under pf too often. We have to show a bit of ambition, at least try and get someone who is currently doing a good job somewhere, or someone with a proven quality currently out of a job. Eg mcleish warnock jewell butcher mccall

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 04:02 PM
I'd be your kit man, but that would mean you had the hard job of getting rid of Tam!

You can share the job pal, whats another wage its only money? :wink:

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Anyway, seeing that the admins mash all this into one thread, so that the true feelings aren't seen outwith

For the avoidance of doubt.

FENLON **** OFF

You are one big IMPOSTER

Twats! :)

QMU-1875
04-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Don't think the personal abuse of Fenlon is necessary at all! The man is a very decent person who has clearly tried his hardest for the club, if that is not good enough then yes he needs to go but by abusing him we come across as a bit classless.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Don't think the personal abuse of Fenlon is necessary at all! The man is a very decent person who has clearly tried his hardest for the club, if that is not good enough then yes he needs to go but by abusing him we come across as a bit classless.

:agree: Very fair point.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 04:08 PM
You can share the job pal, whats another wage its only money? :wink:

It would appear that not many people want him gone, there is only one thread on the disapproval of his continuing farcical position....

04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Not the worst hibs performance i've ever seen, thought we maybe deserved a point but as mentioned above, at times we just weren't positive enough and looked scared to go forward. Fenlons negative football philosophy has obviously rubbed off on the players.

I was looking forward to the derbies this season as hearts have a very weak team but I have to say, I really do worry for us next week. Hearts youngsters will be right up for it and will get right in our faces, they will be desperate to beat us especially with all that they are going through.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Never in a million years, doesnt look fit, ever!! doesnt look interested, he's a shadow of his former self.

Kevin Thomson once signed for Rangers............... GET OVER IT

He was the best player on the park.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM

Absolutely.

I think Fenlon has done a job at Hibs in changing a general attitude of the club. He got rid of poor trainers and a rumoured drinking attitude.

Tactics are proving his down fall though, for us to progress we need a new man.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Not the worst hibs performance i've ever seen, thought we maybe deserved a point but as mentioned above, at times we just weren't positive enough and looked scared to go forward. Fenlons negative football philosophy has obviously rubbed off on the players.

I was looking forward to the derbies this season as hearts have a very weak team but I have to say, I really do worry for us next week. Hearts youngsters will be right up for it and will get right in our faces, they will be desperate to beat us especially with all that they are going through.

Anyway another 3 points lost at Fortress Easter Road. Don't you know teams crap themselves when they come to our patch.

As for next week..... Surely not the ultimate embarrassment?

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 04:13 PM
He's came over have it his best shot and its been to big a job for him. His style of football doesn't work. He also doesn't change a game and to be honest, his lack of signings with a bit pace and flair is a worry.

Like I said, nice enough guy, but not for us.

What I don't get is the folk who keep saying "who do we get?" There are many managers out there we could approach, not all would come but the McCalls, Butchers etc.. Hibs I think should look at a manager with SPL experience now.

04-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Totally agree, no need at all. Pat is a really decent guy who has genuinely tried hard to make things work but unfortunatly its not working and it's time for someone else to have a try.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM

Thats the best we could have got today, we did not go out there to win the game, we went out not wanting to lose it. Fenlon = negative football. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Absolutely.

I think Fenlon has done a job at Hibs in changing a general attitude of the club. He got rid of poor trainers and a rumoured drinking attitude.

I'd agree with this.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Thats the best we could have got today, we did not go out there to win the game, we went out not wanting to lose it. Fenlon = negative football. :rolleyes:

Can't argue with that. We played alright today, seen us play far, far worse, but it takes a huge leap of imagination to see us as an attacking side at the minute. We don't even look like scoring in the shooty-in pre-match. That's how bad it is.

K.Marx
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hibernian/235021-pat-fenlon-calm-over-hibernian-future-after-defeat-to-motherwell/

"we started much better than we did last year at tannadice"

Great pat, maybe next year we might scrape that 0-0 draw you were after :aok:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Absolutely.

The general attitude of the fans is complete boredom, thats what Fenlon will be remembered for.

EVENTUALLY
04-08-2013, 04:21 PM
" Play to your strengths and cover up your weaknesses " Jock Stein

" Switch the natural positions of your wide players to give them less chance of using their favoured foot, skill and pace " Pat Fenlon......he has'nt actually ever said this to my knowledge but he must believe it otherwise why would you prevent a young lad trying to make his way in game by playing Harris on the left. Harris's pace allied to a trick will get him past a left back more often than turning inside from the left into traffic. He scouts a guy whose contribution to a side from the left is recognised as consistent and fruitful and yet he shuves him on the right and then shows nothing at his new club were he is keen to get off to a good start.

Flood the midfield with physical, combative players who just love square to back passing.....is another Fenlon love-in strategy.

Fenlon is not for Hibs. Never in a million years does he have any idea about progressive forward flowing football.

Sack him now.

HibbyDave
04-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Just an opinion but, like it or lump it he's here for a while yet. I think it's the last year of his contract so RP won't be offering him cash to go. He'll wait till around the turn of the year to see if we are likely to be caught by "them" then decide to make a last-ditch panic change of manager. Unless of course Killie go t*ts-up in the meantime, meaning we can simply sit it out then make changes after another season of dross (at no cost to us). A cup run may extend the shelf life. Europe is not worth qualifying for, as due to low co-efficient, we will get another team who are miles ahead in fitness (as their season will be well under way by then).

GGTTH

PaulC
04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Playing with fear was how I saw it today - as for his interview, he must know his days are numbered.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 04:25 PM

" Switch the natural positions of your wide players to give them less chance of using their favoured foot, skill and pace " Pat Fenlon......he has'nt actually ever said this to my knowledge but he must believe it otherwise why would you prevent a young lad trying to make his way in game by playing Harris on the left. Harris's pace allied to a trick will get him past a left back more often than turning inside from the left into traffic. He scouts a guy whose contribution to a side from the left is recognised as consistent and fruitful and yet he shuves him on the right and then shows nothing at his new club were he is keen to get off to a good start.

Flood the midfield with physical, combative players who just love square to back passing.....is another Fenlon love-in strategy.

Fenlon is not for Hibs. Never in a million years does he have any idea about progressive forward flowing football.

Sack him now.

Boozy was outstanding playing on the left in the cup semi. He was the reason we got to the final.

GoldenEagle

Spot on.

MountcastleHibs
Quickly becoming a member of the Fenlon out camp. He sets up the team to not get beat, rather than to score goals and win games. He's far too negative, has no tactical nous and has no plan b. On top of that, attendances are reducing. He has to go if things don't pick up quickly.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Quickly becoming a member of the Fenlon out camp. He sets up the team to not get beat, rather than to score goals and win games. He's far too negative, has no tactical nous and has no plan b. On top of that, attendances are reducing. He has to go if things don't pick up quickly.

Can he go tomorrow?

DaveF
The general attitude of the fans is complete boredom, thats what Fenlon will be remembered for.

Yep, that's it for me too. Complete and utter boredom at ER.

Fenlon has to be sacked and replaced with someone who knows how to have players passing it forward.

K.Marx

Sack him now.

Agree entirely. What worries me is that Fenlon dosent even realise that it's the tactics that are the problem. He often blames a lack of concentration or bad luck on defeats, when really we have been piss poor and created nothing. That is why things will not improve under him, the problems are staring him in the face yet he still can't see them. It's baffling.

YehButNoBut
Just an opinion but, like it or lump it he's here for a while yet. I think it's the last year of his contract so RP won't be offering him cash to go. He'll wait till around the turn of the year to see if we are likely to be caught by "them" then decide to make a last-ditch panic change of manager. Unless of course Killie go t*ts-up in the meantime, meaning we can simply sit it out then make changes after another season of dross (at no cost to us). A cup run may extend the shelf life. Europe is not worth qualifying for, as due to low co-efficient, we will get another team who are miles ahead in fitness (as their season will be well under way by then).

GGTTH

The thing is the longer Fenlon stays the more it will cost us, more fans will stay away and our league position will likely suffer costing us as well.

Get rid now it will save us in the long run.

hfc rd
04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
I've backed Pat Fenlon since day one but it is now best for all parties to move on. He just simply isn't the answer.

DaveF
04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Boozy was outstanding playing on the left in the cup semi. He was the reason we got to the final.

Against a very average lower league team.

jeffers
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Sack him or keep I don't unfortunately think it will make much of a difference either way. Petrie has presided over one poor managerial appointment after another and if Fenlon goes he should go with him. He won't and I have no faith whatsoever that he will get it right with the next appointment.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Against a very average lower league team.

It was a more than any of his more experienced teammates managed that day. Anytime I've seen him playing well, it's been on the left. To me he doesn't look particularly suited to the right.

EVENTUALLY
04-08-2013, 04:36 PM

He was up against inferior players from a lower division

Against Hearts at Tynie were he played on the right he ripped them up with pace,skill and confidence.

Ask him were he prefers to play.... On the Left or on the Right ? Guess what it's ....the right were he has spent the vast majority of his football and RUGBY career.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Against Hearts at Tynie were he played on the right he ripped them up with pace,skill and confidence.

Ask him were he prefers to play.... On the Left or on the Right ? Guess what it's ....the right were he has spent the vast majority of his football and RUGBY career.

Fair play, I missed that match. In any I've seen, he's been more effective on the left.

HibbyDave
04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
The thing is the longer Fenlon stays the more it will cost us, more fans will stay away and our league position will likely suffer costing us as well.

Get rid now it will save us in the long run.

I understand this. I'm now officially a "stay away fan, glory-hunter" etc (I simply got bored with going to the games). I got spoiled watching football almost every night on TV and quite simply I can't be bothered with the standard of football in SPF Hell
I don't see things changing anytime soon unfortunately. The prices are rediculous for football of this standard.

Marketing at Hibs concerns me. A half empty/Full stadium. Could we simply ask all fans in the upper tiers to move to lower tier for a trial of say, six matches in an effort to get the fans involved in the match? It's a little depressing watching the game with no atmosphere.

:tin hat:

Just lost my way and so fed up!!!!!
GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag:

GreenPJ
04-08-2013, 04:44 PM

I hope in a way Harris is still suffering from his injury as he appeared in the last couple of games to have lost confidence or the desire to try and take on his man. You could see he didn't know where he was meant to play and that is the managers fault, he didn't know whether to push on in the second half or drop back to cover.

I hope he is not badly injured he gets some recovery time and his confidence comes back.

greenlex
04-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I hope in a way Harris is still suffering from his injury as he appeared in the last couple of games to have lost confidence or the desire to try and take on his man. You could see he didn't know where he was meant to play and that is the managers fault, he didn't know whether to push on in the second half or drop back to cover.

I hope he is not badly injured he gets some recovery time and his confidence comes back.
Here a thought. Is it to much to expect players to do both? Defend when they have it and attack when we have it? I lost count the number of times we had the ball and ended up going backwards because the midfield is so static. Have we learned nothing from last Thursday night? Not one of our 5 man midfield showed for Collins up front when he was holding the ball up. Poor poor basic stuff.

YehButNoBut
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
I understand this. I'm now officially a "stay away fan, glory-hunter" etc (I simply got bored with going to the games). I got spoiled watching football almost every night on TV and quite simply I can't be bothered with the standard of football in SPF Hell
I don't see things changing anytime soon unfortunately. The prices are rediculous for football of this standard.

Marketing at Hibs concerns me. A half empty/Full stadium. Could we simply ask all fans in the upper tiers to move to lower tier for a trial of say, six matches in an effort to get the fans involved in the match? It's a little depressing watching the game with no atmosphere.

:tin hat:

Just lost my way and so fed up!!!!!
GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag:

You and many others unfortunately and it will only get worse the longer we persist with Fenlon.

16k for the home game against Malmo shows the potential at Hibs if we had a good side on the park, imagine if were playing decent football & challenging for 2nd place how different the atmosphere (and the attendance) would be, with Rangers & Hearts stuffed it shouldn't be beyond us.

HibeeSince85
04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd part company with Pat. No need to abuse the man as he's not disrespected us but the football is terrible.

The squad he has put together is more than decent. Even if he has flooded centre mid. He just can't get them playing any form of football that will bring success to Hibs.

It is ridiculously defensive and there is no creativity.

So bad to watch

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Here a thought. Is it to much to expect players to do both? Defend when they have it and attack when we have it? I lost count the number of times we had the ball and ended up going backwards because the midfield is so static. Have we learned nothing from last Thursday night? Not one of our 5 man midfield showed for Collins up front when he was holding the ball up. Poor poor basic stuff.

Lex you can only back a manager for so long before it becomes embarrassing. He's just not good enough.

Players can only do what they are told in training and how the manager sets up.

Do you honestly still want him in charge?

Emerald
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
You and many others unfortunately and it will only get worse the longer we persist with Fenlon.

16k for the home game against Malmo shows the potential at Hibs if we had a good side on the park, imagine if were playing decent football & challenging for 2nd place how different the atmosphere (and the attendance) would be, with Rangers & Hearts stuffed it shouldn't be beyond us.

:agree: The longer Fenlon is here the more damage will be done to the club. A lot of the people who turned out to see the Malmo game would not have been regulars and what a return to Easter Road it must have been. Keeping him on will turn thousands away and with the cost of football these days a lot will never return. Football is about pride and folk like to see their team attacking and having a real go, what we are getting under Fenlon is cowardly football, scared to attack and a team full of cloggers and no flair. He HAS to go now before the damage he's doing gets any worse.

Springbank
04-08-2013, 05:01 PM
It's like the Williamson years

Good squad in need of a Mowbray/Venus direction

HFC 0-7
04-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I personally thought, for the first 10 15 mintues especially that we looked OK and that we moved the ball quite well. Once Motherwell found their way we started falling back deeper and deeper and didnt seem to press them at all in their own half. We started getting slower with possession and running out of ideas. I definately think that team is capable of better performances but I think Fenlon maybe doesnt have what it takes to get them playing. Motherwell made 3 changes pretty close together to try and change the game, Fenlon seems to only, for the most part, change things when needed for injuries etc.

HibeeSince85
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
:agree: The longer Fenlon is here the more damage will be done to the club. A lot of the people who turned out to see the Malmo game would not have been regulars and what a return to Easter Road it must have been. Keeping him on will turn thousands away and with the cost of football these days a lot will never return. Football is about pride and folk like to see their team attacking and having a real go, what we are getting under Fenlon is cowardly football, scared to attack and a team full of cloggers and no flair. He HAS to go now before the damage he's doing gets any worse.

Totally agree with the pride part. We must be looked on as a bunch of utter cowards on the park since about 2007 for the most part.

Today showed how last season sparky was the difference. Craig's free kick in the second half. Leigh would've likely buried that last year and we may have won or drawn. Pat is limited and although I feel for him it's in Hibs best interests he goes.

LancsHibs
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
It's like the Williamson years

Good squad in need of a Mowbray/Venus direction

Spot on:agree: We have a collection of good players (for this league) but no tactics, confidence or direction

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I think if Fenlon's the decent guy everyone says he is then IMO he should do the correct thing and resign. I don't think the club owe him anything and shouldn't have to pay him off. Hibs offered him a bigger stage to which he has failed miserable.

Show me what a decent chap you are and go Pat :aok:

murray26
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I voted stay, theres nobody better to bring in, give him until christmas then make a decision, he's out of contract at the end of the season so's theres no point in paying him off now.

gegs70
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
I think he will run to the end of his contract!

GlenrothesHibee
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Sorry if its been posted but Hearts game on Alba. They look a very poor team. If we cant beat them next week then Fenlon should go

LancsHibs
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I voted stay, theres nobody better to bring in, give him until christmas then make a decision, he's out of contract at the end of the season so's theres no point in paying him off now.

Hear what your saying about having to pay him off, but do you seriously believe Pat can turn this around?? This team and the way we play are all his!! There is nothing to be gained from Pat staying a day longer, but lots to lose! The best case scenario would be for him to walk:cb

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Lex you can only back a manager for so long before it becomes embarrassing. He's just not good enough.

Completely agree with this. It's down to coaching and tactics. Man for man (Jones aside - who is possibly the worst player I've seen at ER in 25 yesrs) we were equal to them I'd say 'on paper anyway'. They played with 2 up front yet always had an extra man in centre mid and both full backs in acres of space everytime.

Tactics, coaching and man-management....

I always back our managers to the death but it's time up I'm affraid...

ackeygraham
04-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I think if Fenlon's the decent guy everyone says he is then IMO he should do the correct thing and resign. I don't think the club owe him anything and shouldn't have to pay him off. Hibs offered him a bigger stage to which he has failed miserable.

Show me what a decent chap you are and go Pat :aok:

A good post and can't agree more. That was dire today.

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Hear what your saying about having to pay him off, but do you seriously believe Pat can turn this around?? This team and the way we play are all his!! There is nothing to be gained from Pat staying a day longer, but lots to lose! The best case scenario would be for him to walk:cb

Agreed, by this stage in his tenure there shouldnt be any need to turn anything around it should be one or 2 players to compliment the team. His time for turning things around is when he first took over from CC IMO he didnt turn anything around but just continued our bad form and that for me that was the warning.

If almost 2yrs in he is still having to turn stuff around then just shows how wrong an appointment he is. As for Petrie I am sick of this man the most.

Onion
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM

This has become the key point for me and why IMO Fenlon has to go now. Even if Petrie managed to get in a couple more decent players, I don't think it would make much difference to our results or style of play. Fenlon must be the most negative managers we've had at ER since Williamson, and has no idea how to get this team of players functioning to anything like its potential.

scoopyboy
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I generally am a lot slower than others in wanting rid of managers due to the fact I think we go through too many.

I tend to think they will eventually get there but I eventually realise the game is up, I think we are there with PF now.

I think he is a bit different in that when he goes his successor will have a better squad than many of his predecessors left.

He has changed the scouting system and brought in a top notch physio but although he has by and large brought in good players I think tactically he is inept.

Here we go again I'm afraid.

greenlex
04-08-2013, 06:17 PM

I agree you can only back him for so long but the time has not come yet come to not back him. The players must shoulder the blame for the goal today fair and square.
What i have noticed with Fenlon is the he always reverts to the team with little width and one up top after we get our ***** felt by a few goals. Maybe he isnt the man to take us forward but he has earned the chance IMO. There are no excuses going forward as this is very much his squad and his job to get them in shape and playing getting results. There were a good few missing today and IMO the fare wasnt that bad at times considering. We are to defensively minded in midfield and that comes from the whippings we are handed. With Vine in that line up instead of (well perm anyone of the midfieldd bar Thomson to be honest) and We carry more of a threat. anyhoo my point is having given him cash to spend we need to see how it goes. I think he should see his term out barring an absolute disaster. Top 4 and a decemt showing in the cups should be the target. If this is not forthcoming his contract should not be renewed. The fitba could be better but with a few wins and a bit of confidence the players are there for this.
I feel far from embarrassed about my point of view.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
He sets his sides up 4-5-1, without fail - that gives the opposition an advantage in my opinion in that you already know that Hibs are set up to absorb and counter - it works if you have pace. This year we don't (Leigh made it work on his own).

His negativity, his playing players out of position, his stubbornness to go and win games that are there for winning - I'm out, change needed. The football is insufferable now, side to side, slow, turgid rubbish.

Added to that his interviews are now laced with defeatist attitude - Pat and Rod to go please, Alex Miller in as DoF and an experienced manager at the helm.

Gordy M
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I generally am a lot slower than others in wanting rid of managers due to the fact I think we go through too many.

I tend to think they will eventually get there but I eventually realise the game is up, I think we are there with PF now.

I think he is a bit different in that when he goes his successor will have a better squad than many of his predecessors left.

He has changed the scouting system and brought in a top notch physio but although he has by and large brought in good players I think tactically he is inept.

i think you are right there, i'm not one for calling for people to be sacked but i think his time has come to move on. Im hoping that the changes he has made and the players(most of whom are decent imo) he has left will be to the new managers advantage and any new manager can take us forward. I genuinely think we have the basis of a really good team/squad, just needs someone to know how to play them.

If he does leave i will genuinely wish him all the best, as i like the guy.

Eternal Hibbie
04-08-2013, 06:34 PM
If the unthinkable were to happen at asbestosville next week I'm convinced his position would become untenable and he would have to walk (or be pushed), even this early in the season the natives are revolting.

Think it might be quite an uncomfortable week for him and Rod.

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
I agree you can only back him for so long but the time has not come yet come to not back him. The players must shoulder the blame for the goal today fair and square.
What i have noticed with Fenlon is the he always reverts to the team with little width and one up top after we get our ***** felt by a few goals. Maybe he isnt the man to take us forward but he has earned the chance IMO. There are no excuses going forward as this is very much his squad and his job to get them in shape and playing getting results. There were a good few missing today and IMO the fare wasnt that bad at times considering. We are to defensively minded in midfield and that comes from the whippings we are handed. With Vine in that line up instead of (well perm anyone of the midfieldd bar Thomson to be honest) and We carry more of a threat. anyhoo my point is having given him cash to spend we need to see how it goes. I think he should see his term out barring an absolute disaster. Top 4 and a decemt showing in the cups should be the target. If this is not forthcoming his contract should not be renewed. The fitba could be better but with a few wins and a bit of confidence the players are there for this.

Fair dos mate, you have explained it how you see it.

I don't agree with a few points but hey ho that's the joys of footy. He's had a while now it's all his team so that's why the pressure was on because the results weren't there either.

To top it off Fenlon for me plays the worst style of football I've seen since Blobby. I'd if I'm honest, even he wasn't that negative.

He's lost the fans Lex keeping him makes no sense at all. He's off end of the year, why wait ten games in when we know it won't change. He defo won't get a new deal either. So lets make the change when change can make a difference, not half way through when it's all pointless and our season is done.

Fair play to you for going against pretty much everyone but I fear like before mate, your wrong!

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 06:38 PM
If the unthinkable were to happen at asbestosville next week I'm convinced his position would become untenable and he would have to walk (or be pushed), even this early in the season the natives are revolting.

Think it might be quite an uncomfortable week for him and Rod.

Thats the case now in my opinion, i also don't care how uncomfortable Rod and Fenlon feel this week, because of these 2 jokers we have the team we now see at Easter Road. :rolleyes:

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 06:43 PM

Scoops, today McCall had prior warning we were going in with a makeshift defence. Pat went for 'protecting' them and again stuck with 4-5-1. Against Kuban, Hammell and Ramsden were turned inside out with players running at them. It was crying out for a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with Collins and Ross splitting Hutch and McManus and making them know they're in a game.

McManus got man of the match - hope it was a Hamlet and deck chair as a reward - he never broke sweat.

Felt sorry for Collins today as he looks a real find. But not as a lone striker.

I'm still wondering if the police have found Liam Craig yet - he went missing second half. Hope he gets found soon and put into CENTRAL MIDFIELD !

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 06:44 PM
He sets his sides up 4-5-1, without fail - that gives the opposition an advantage in my opinion in that you already know that Hibs are set up to absorb and counter - it works if you have pace. This year we don't (Leigh made it work on his own).

His negativity, his playing players out of position, his stubbornness to go and win games that are there for winning - I'm out, change needed. The football is insufferable now, side to side, slow, turgid rubbish.

Added to that his interviews are now laced with defeatist attitude - Pat and Rod to go please, Alex Miller in as DoF and an experienced manager at the helm.

I don't believe that 4-5-1 is necessarily a defensive/negative formation, it does however require that the midfield gets forward quickly to support the man up top. For some reason we have no-one capable of doing that, probably due to the fact our other three midfielders generally sit too deep.

hibsbollah
04-08-2013, 06:45 PM
A good post and can't agree more. That was dire today.

I didn't think it was that dire today, but paradoxically thats made me more sure that we'd be better without Fenlon. We played some good stuff as individuals, which made it more obvious than ever that we're not being set up properly. A team including Williams, Hanlon, McGivern, Harris, Craig, Thomson, Taiwo, Robertson, Vine and Collins should be doing much better than we are.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
I didn't think it was that dire today, but paradoxically thats made me more sure that we'd be better without Fenlon. We played some good stuff as individuals, which made it more obvious than ever that we're not being set up properly. A team including Williams, Hanlon, McGivern, Harris, Craig, Thomson, Taiwo, Robertson, Vine and Collins should be doing much better than we are.

:agree: Exactly my thoughts

Emerald
04-08-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't believe that 4-5-1 is necessarily a defensive/negative formation, it does however require that the midfield gets forward quickly to support the man up top. For some reason we have no-one capable of doing that, probably due to the fact our other three midfielders generally sit too deep.

When our midfielders have the ball, none of the others are willing to run past them to give them forward options, most of the time this results in stopping and turning looking for a back pass. This has to be a coaching problem? :dunno:

Eternal Hibbie
Thats the case now in my opinion, i also don't care how uncomfortable Rod and Fenlon feel this week, because of these 2 jokers we have the team we now see at Easter Road. :rolleyes:

See thats the thing BH, IMO we have enough quality at Easter Road to do so much better.

I don't really disagree with his signings (few exceptions excluded) but having signed them he appears to have no idea whatsoever how to piece them together into a team that can play positive, attractive football.

He seems to me to be a manager who starts the game with one point and wants to finish the game with the same point at all costs.

And its going to "cost" him.

Dunderhall
Nobody better, surely not.
How much will it cost to buy out his contract and divide that by the number of lost walk up sales for the rest of season.

johnrebus
04-08-2013, 06:50 PM

Pat Fenlon has been manager for nearly two years and presided over the worst two results in the history of Hibernian not to mention the team playing some of the most eye bleeding garbage ever witnessed at Easter Road.

He should do the decent thing and resign now.

:boo hoo:

Emerald
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Agree 100% with this. :agree:

Brightside
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
451 is not a negative set up. BUT when the 5 are told to stay flat 5 it is. The space between midfield and attack was shocking. Colins was screaming at them to support him but he got nothing. The players are only doing what they are told. Craig must be going nuts being stuck on the right wing he should have been right behind Collins.

ardecos
04-08-2013, 06:52 PM
http://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8

telfordhibby
04-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Fenlon is clueless the Chairman is past his sell by date....
We need a Tom Hart back in charge.....

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
When our midfielders have the ball, none of the others are willing to run past them to give them forward options, most of the time this results in stopping and turning looking for a back pass. This has to be a coaching problem? :dunno:

I do happen to agree with that. I have no problem with 4-5-1 per se, as long as it's done the right way. Unfortunately, like most on here this evening, as much as I like Pat as a person, I just can't see that he has it to get this team moulded into a well organised unit.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Barney, it requires pace - Hibs have none. It's that simple. Haven't had searing pace for years.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Barney, it requires pace - Hibs have none. It's that simple. Haven't had searing pace for years.

:agree: Most blatantly true in defence. To be fair to the midfield today, they did work their ***** off and barring a dodgy 10/15 minutes in the first half, generally closed down the ball very well. They just don't seem to - for whatever reason - allow the shackles to come off in the final third. It may well be down to tactics.

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 07:02 PM

So it's agreed - we put in a cheek bid for AOB? :wink:

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Our midfield done ok today, Thomson and Robertson both playing well. What I can't figure out is, why CAN'T we press teams when we don't have the ball.

I can work out exactly what we will do... Lose ball all lock into their positions and drop back until 2 yards off our defense.

FFS shut them down, get in their faces and make them force a pass. Teams have to much of an easy ride when playing us. Sick of it.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 07:06 PM
:agree: Most blatantly true in defence. To be fair to the midfield today, they did work their ***** off and barring a dodgy 10/15 minutes in the first half, generally closed down the ball very well. They just don't seem to - for whatever reason - allow the shackles to come off in the final third. It may well be down to tactics.

Other teams close our players down in our own half. When have you ever seen Hibs get the whole of their own half (if that makes sense) to play the ball about without getting closed down. We have a back 4 linked to a back 5 midfield with a striker some place over the horizon that is forbidden to enter!!

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Our midfield done ok today, Thomson and Robertson both playing well. What I can't figure out is, why CAN'T we press teams when we don't have the ball.

I can work out exactly what we will do... Lose ball all lock into their positions and drop back until 2 yards off our defense.

FFS shut them down, get in their faces and make them force a pass. Teams have to much of an easy ride when playing us. Sick of it.

Curiously it's usually just outside our own box we give them the most space. I thought we pressed them well all over the park up to about our own penalty area, then we stood off. That is apart from a couple of decent Liam Craig interceptions back there.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Nobody pressured Keith Lasley who was their 'glue'. I spotted McCall change things after 15 minutes when he realised Hibs were bossing possession and out Faddy deep and central, above Lasley. 'Well the bossed that phase of okay until half time.

Second half Craig wasn't in things - I'd have put him central, replaced Alex with Ross, and gone a direct 4-4-2. 'Well actually ended the game with one up top yet still scored and could have beforehand - three Hibs defenders unable to mark one striker !

Four or five times their centre halves were a le to carry the ball into our half unchallenged - that should never happen in pro football, especially in a supposed 5 man midfield.

Tactically inept - it's really that brutally honest and simple.

Thecat23
04-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Curiously it's usually just outside our own box we give them the most space. I thought we pressed them well all over the park up to about our own penalty area, then we stood off. That is apart from a couple of decent Liam Craig interceptions back there.

First 20 yeah.. Then we dropped right back and didnt press. Motherwell would have loved it.

Jack Hackett
04-08-2013, 07:14 PM
I wasn't too impressed with this particular after game comment

"I'm disappointed we have a lost the game but we started much better than we did last year at Tannadice [a 3-0 loss]." (BBC site)

I've not voted in the poll yet, but he's beginning to sound like a loser

neil7908
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I do happen to agree with that. I have no problem with 4-5-1 per se, as long as it's done the right way. Unfortunately, like most on here this evening, as much as I like Pat as a person, I just can't see that he has it to get this team moulded into a well organised unit.

Thats my feelings as well, don't like to see us play 4-5-1, especially to a team like Motherwell you we should be looking to beat.

But, 4-5-1 set up in the right way can work, as you've said though it needs players that can get about the park quickly to support the lone forward and then when we lose possession, get back quickly to help the defence. The only player in the whole Hibs team that looks even remotely quick is Harris and he cant be expected to do everything himself. I would love to see us bring in another fast, direct wide player and try to encourage the full backs to get up more. This is one area I think McGivern does reasonably well in.

We played a 4-5-1 that was designed purely to not lose the game, not based on a particular tactical idea of the managers and it was clear very early in the game that we would pose little threat going forward.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 07:23 PM

"I'm disappointed we have a lost the game but we started much better than we did last year at Tannadice [a 3-0 loss]." (BBC site)

Did Pat say that ? (Not heard interviews yet)

If so then I'm sorry for me that's enough to be called into the owners office in the morning. To resurrect another defeat to compare against and seek positives - well that should really say it all.

There is absolutely nothing positive to take from today, last week or the week after - or the Cup Final. A string of negative uninspiring performances, and a manager and chairman who've failed to get targets in before kick off.

Both should go, now !

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 07:27 PM
First 20 yeah.. Then we dropped right back and didnt press. Motherwell would have loved it.

I thought we done well in the second half also in closing down. Up until that crucial 10/15 minutes at the end we were the dominant side so we must have been doing something right. As has already been said though, even during this spell we were not fearless enough up front to look like any real threat. That is the most frustrating thing for me. You can't really fault the players for effort out there. It's guile and set-up that continues to let us down.

hibsbollah
04-08-2013, 07:32 PM

That really is beyond belief.

The 2012 season opener at Tannadice was the lowest I have felt as a Hibs supporter; worse than the 5-1 cup final, the Zibby semi or last weeks 0-7. If any game represented our total gutless lack of passion in recent years, that first competitive game after the Cup final did. It was 3-0 going on 10-0, and none of the players seemed to care.

For him to use that game to make today look better by comparison...not clever.

ackeygraham
04-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote from Pat Fenlon after game

"I've said from the start, if I can take this club forward, brilliant, it's a fantastic football club. If I can't, then someone else comes in."

Have we reached this point?

ackeygraham
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm disappointed we have a lost the game but we started much better than we did last year at Tannadice [a 3-0 loss]."

And even more a ludicrous statement? Happy we didn't get beat three nil....I'll take a one nil defeat...what!?!?!

Diclonius
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
He may well be hinting there.

A real shame as of all the managers we've had since Collins resigned I've wanted Pat to succeed the most. Sadly it just hasn't worked out.

SaulGoodman
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I've got a lot of respect for Fenlon, he says the right things, he genuinely wants to do the right things. He loves this club and he's the first manager for a while I actually like.

But yes, he says it himself almost, that times come, Pat.

Beefster
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm disappointed we have a lost the game but we started much better than we did last year at Tannadice [a 3-0 loss]."

And even more a ludicrous statement? Happy we didn't get beat three nil....I'll take a one nil defeat...what!?!?!

That was his attitude after this year's cup final too - happy it wasn't as bad as 2012.

It all counts as progress.

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
fenlon needs to go now , if not hibs will be in the championship next season . im worried about tynecastle . if hearts beat us he cannot continue as hibs manager , petrie must take his share and go too

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Ever since we have moved to East Mains we have been like this...fact

04-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Wrong attitude to have. Yes obviously today was marginally better than last years opening day but it is STILL defeat and not good enough. Doesn't matter weather its 1 nil or 3 nil it just simply isn't good enough and we shouldn't be satisfied or accept it just because the defeat margin was less than last years!

Eternal Hibbie
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Most supporters agree on what's required to improve things, a fast, direct winger being one of them, whether our manager is of this opinion who knows as that requires his playing a more expansive game.

At what point does Petrie stop backing him, he would sit there today looking at half empty stands on the opening game of the season under perfect playing conditions and be all too aware of the jeers ringing around the stadium at full time.

We would all like to see another face or two arriving this window - will Fenlon get the nod to do this or does Rod cut his losses ?

YehButNoBut
04-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Fenlon's post match interview is on this link, and yes we have reached this point, time for someone else. :agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23569775

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon calm on fans'reaction to home defeat

Manager Pat Fenlon played down the jeering that followed Hibs' Premiership loss to Motherwell (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23480899) at Easter Road.

"It's a sore one to take, I didn't think we deserved to lose," he said after the 1-0 defeat.

"I understand why the supporters are frustrated. When you lose matches you are never happy.

"I've said from the start, if I can take this club forward, brilliant, it's a fantastic football club. If I can't, then someone else comes in."

Motherwell substitute Henri Anier's late goal piled more misery on a support still raw following their 7-0 thrashing by Malmo.

"I don't know whether they booed the team off or booed me off," added Fenlon.

"You have to be big enough and strong enough to take it on the chin.

"If they are booing me, it's not relevant from my point of view. That's frustration. If I were up there, I'd probably be doing the same.

"I'm disappointed we have a lost the game but we started much better than we did last year at Tannadice [a 3-0 loss]."

greenlex
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
That really is beyond belief.

The 2012 season opener at Tannadice was the lowest I have felt as a Hibs supporter; worse than the 5-1 cup final, the Zibby semi or last weeks 0-7. If any game represented our total gutless lack of passion in recent years, that first competitive game after the Cup final did. It was 3-0 going on 10-0, and none of the players seemed to care.

For him to use that game to make today look better by comparison...not clever.
I think the context was performance rather than result. Could be wrong though.

Tyler Durden
04-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Fenlon's post match interview is on this link, and yes we have reached this point, time for someone else. :agree:

Manager Pat Fenlon played down the jeering that followed Hibs' Premiership loss to Motherwell (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23480899) at Easter Road.

"It's a sore one to take, I didn't think we deserved to lose," he said after the 1-0 defeat.

"I understand why the supporters are frustrated. When you lose matches you are never happy.

Motherwell substitute Henri Anier's late goal piled more misery on a support still raw following their 7-0 thrashing by Malmo.

"If they are booing me, it's not relevant from my point of view. That's frustration. If I were up there, I'd probably be doing the same.

"I'm disappointed we have a lost the game but we started much better than we did last year at Tannadice [a 3-0 loss]."

He needs to be put out his misery - seems to be talking himself into it now. He's clearly put of ideas. To bring Taiwo on today at the time he did, clueless stuff.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 07:56 PM

It must be difficult to come out with quotes when you're under pressure and have a big absentee list to deal with. However, it doesn't seem to matter who he has at his disposal as the team play the same way they have since he arrived. Lacking the imagination and brilliance of Griffiths he now has no 'get out of jail card' to play. I want him gone but equally can feel his pain.

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't think we will sack him this week. I reckon rod will have in his mind that he won't get someone else in before the derby and also that if we beat them it would buy paddy time / time to source a replacement.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Most supporters agree on what's required to improve things, a fast, direct winger being one of them, whether our manager is of this opinion who knows as that requires his playing a more expansive game.

At what point does Petrie stop backing him, he would sit there today looking at half empty stands on the opening game of the season under perfect playing conditions and be all too aware of the jeers ringing around the stadium at full time.

We would all like to see another face or two arriving this window - will Fenlon get the nod to do this or does Rod cut his losses ?

At what point do the Board listen to the fans and experienced ex pros and say 'Pat, the team needs exciting players who can create....that'll also fit with attracting more supporters'.

Petrie and Co seem to accept mediocrity and accept staying in the league (as a measure of success). For me it doesn't appear that the management team or players are pressured into success - they're allowed to stumble on.

There is no ruthless steak at Hibs, nor is there a very real desire to win at all costs.

The fans, who quite simply have been superb these last two seasons in my opinion, are being taken for mugs.

JimBHibees
04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Sounds like he has given up, his comment about someone else coming in was a strange one. Thought we were pretty good in parts and thought Thomson and Collins were excellent though we were incredibly negative and never pressed them in their half at all.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Sounds like he has given up, his comment about someone else coming in was a strange one. Thought we were pretty good in parts and thought Thomson and Collins were excellent though we were incredibly negative and never pressed them in their half at all.

It was a strange comment from him and suggests that he realises his job is on the line.

Waxy
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
When you think we could have a lot worse managers.
And when you say who,
And i say John Mcglynn.
Makes you want to say c'mon Pat,Stop this nonsense now,Pump the Yams for us please.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM

I thought Kevin Thomson was the best man on the park today and looked like a class above everyone, its such a shame he has no one running off him to take advantage of his class play. He won so many balls back in midfield and hardly wasted a pass all day, brilliant.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Scoops, today McCall had prior warning we were going in with a makeshift defence. Pat went for 'protecting' them and again stuck with 4-5-1. Against Kuban, Hammell and Ramsden were turned inside out with players running at them. It was crying out for a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with Collins and Ross splitting Hutch and McManus and making them know they're in a game.

McManus got man of the match - hope it was a Hamlet and deck chair as a reward - he never broke sweat.

Felt sorry for Collins today as he looks a real find. But not as a lone striker.

I'm still wondering if the police have found Liam Craig yet - he went missing second half. Hope he gets found soon and put into CENTRAL MIDFIELD !

I'm afraid you'll be repeating this over the season. He can't track back. I don't think he's work shy its more lack of pace and stamina. He would have scored today if he'd went for Harris' cross with his right foot but unfortunately he doesn't have one. Thats the diference with good players and ordinary players.

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
a decent manager such as a derek mckinnes/mcall/butcher/gary locke would take that squad at least into the top half probably challenging for 2nd/3rd place

instead with fenlon we will be scrapping it out in the relegation battle

petrie out/fenlon out , lets rebuild from the top down

Coco Bryce
04-08-2013, 08:33 PM
a decent manager such as a derek mckinnes/mcall/butcher/gary locke would take that squad at least into the top half probably challenging for 2nd/3rd place

:fenlon

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm afraid you'll be repeating this over the season. He can't track back. I don't think he's work shy its more lack of pace and stamina. He would have scored today if he'd went for Harris' cross with his right foot but unfortunately he doesn't have one. Thats the diference with good players and ordinary players.

To counter that, maybe Ross or James Collins would have buried it if we'd had two strikers up top.

I wasn't being critical of Liam, I'd prefer to see him central and getting into shooting range - the chance you refer to was actually a good passage of play from Hibs and LC was unlucky.

I agree I don't expect LC to be good defensively - but he'll be even worse defensively if played on the left wing/left midfield.

JimBHibees
04-08-2013, 08:35 PM

Ridiculous comment.

Gordy M
04-08-2013, 08:36 PM
To counter that, maybe Ross or James Collins would have buried it if we'd had two strikers up top.

I wasn't being critical of Liam, I'd prefer to see him central and getting into shooting range - the chance you refer to was actually a good passage of play from Hibs and LC was unlucky.

I agree I don't expect LC to be good defensively - but he'll be even worse defensively if played on the left wing/left midfield.

Im sure lc played left midfield for st j?? Maybe it the player himself that prefers to play there?

JimBHibees
04-08-2013, 08:37 PM

:faf::faf: :fenlon

SteveHFC
04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
gary locke

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM

This has to be a wind-up surely. Did we get point from the game today Mr Fenlon :confused: Can i ask why people like this guy. He's a ****ing JOKE

hibs6270uk
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
There have been times were I genuinely worried he had any fight left in him last year but over the last few weeks i feel this has now all but left him. He has presided over some of the worst results in our history but has had the financial backing that others could only have wished for. As a support we have filled Hampden in two finals and been shown up by mediocre performances at best then on the end of a hiding, in what was going to be a difficult tie at the best of times, with 16,000 in attendance. Add in another very poor performance again today with what will probably be an ever dwindling crowd and I think there must be a lot of shuffling in seats going on at board level as that cannot be comfortable viewing either in the ground or on a balance sheet.

Fenlon has constantly mentioned the words fight, desire and passion yet all I have seen from him is to sit with his head in his hands with the look of a man who has run out of ideas and is clearly aware that he is on borrowed time.

I have genuinely felt for him over the past year as he has at times said the right things and has brought in some decent additions to the squad. However his silence over the last week and what can only be described as a bizarre interview today has made it clear to me that he knows himself that he has tried everything he can and that the job is probably just to much of a step up.

I like most fans accept that defeat is part and parcel of football but the manner in which we are losing and have been in a huge concern. I hold nothing personal against the guy and he always sounds passionate about the club but the time has come to step aside. Who do we replace him with, I don't know. Do we do it before or after next weeks game, catch 22. All I know is that he has tried his best but his best is not good enough

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
I think he has to go and will go. Let's face it, Malmo at home made him a dead man walking. Failure to score at Tynecastle, for the fifth competitive game, with one up front and a target man who isn't and with no pace in the side, will send it him down the road.

The Hibs problems go beyond the manager though. We have people in the boardroom with no knowledge of football, and no idea of how Hibs supporters aspire their side to play.

I think we have to take the risk on an emerging young foreign coach. Another SPL dullard, already sacked by the clubs we should streets ahead of does very little for me.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Ridiculous comment.

We'll see. I'm happy to be proved wrong and take the flack but he couldn't ever control the ball properly today.

WTF you talking about willis :faf:

I think he has to go and will go. Let's face it, Malmo at home made him a dead man walking. Failure to score at Tynecastle, for the fifth competitive game, with one up front and a target man who isn't and with no pace in the side, will send it him down the road.

The Hibs problems go beyond the manager though. We have people in the boardroom with no knowledge of football, and no idea of how Hibs supporters aspire their side to play.

I think we have to take the risk on an emerging young foreign coach. Another SPL dullard, already sacked by the clubs we should streets ahead of does very little for me.

:aok:

I said this last week. Whats the point if signing the largs mafia sorts and hopeless LoI types. Bring in a whole team to take all age levels

Emerald
04-08-2013, 08:55 PM

We have to get experience though and taking chances with rookies is not the right way to go at this time. If we can get an up and coming foreign coach with a good reputation in the game then maybe. The last manager we had with experience in the SPL was McLeish, we took a chance on Mowbray and it paid off, after that recruiting inexperience has killed us.

Sergey
04-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Last night I perused the 'Next SPL Manager To Go' market and was surprised to see that Fenlon was even money (well, not really that surprised after Malmo). Tonight he's 1/2 with Chandlers.

He looks like he's another to have been a Petrie mistaken appointment.

Next week at the PBS could well be his death-knell.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Last night I perused the 'Next SPL Manager To Go' market and was surprised to see that Fenlon was even money (well, not really that surprised after Malmo). Tonight he's 1/2 with Chandlers.

I would rather he took gardening leave because if we do beat them Rodney will think all is well.

NOLA
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
if we beat hertz fenlon will carry on as usual, bit of a dilemma coming up, akin to the duff jim scenario.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I would rather he took gardening leave because if we do beat them Rodney will think all is well.

This

Winston Ingram
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I wonder what questions Rod actually asks in an interview?

Can you imagine if he replaced Alan Sugar on the Apprentice the mongs he'd end up with? Great telly.:greengrin

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I wonder what questions Rod actually asks in an interview?

Can you imagine if he replaced Alan Sugar on the Apprentice the mongs he'd end up with? Great telly.:greengrin

:faf::faf::faf:

Barry

scuttle
04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I think he should do the honourable thing and go, especially after his comments today where he seems to have chucked it. He is far too negative and does not seem to know how to change a game tactically. Some of his signings have been bizarre with the likes of Kuqi, Done, Why sign them and hardly play them what a waste of money with contracts etc is he actually watching these guys before signing them or is it a a case of bringing them in then realising they are not good enough either way something is wrong with his signing policy. He has not gave us much to shout about, I know we made two finals but the way we lost in both will haunt us for a long time. IMO he let himself and the club down with his jesture to the Hertz fans at Hamdump especially after fining Leigh for the same thing against Cowdenbeath. Then we have the Malmo debacle and todays inept performance and on the forum recently the tide of opinion has turned against him. He appears to be a nice guy but out of his depth and think the writing is on the wall

The Green Goblin
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Thought the "someone else coming in" comment was a bit strange too, but it could be read as an invitation to sack him, i.e. he isn`t going to resign.

I`m disappointed for Fenlon, as like a lot of fans, I like him and I think he has moved the club forward in some respects, but it`s pretty clear we are tactically very limited with him at the helm and that`s a fatal flaw really. His league record is also very poor and difficult to defend.

A makeshift Hearts team awaits next week...losing is unthinkable but a win will also not therefore be seen as vindication of him. He`s not in a good position.

If he goes, one way or another, it will simply be the start of yet another revolution of the merry-go-round at Hibs and it`s becoming difficult to ever feel optimistic when we find ourselves in that situation yet again.

Makaveli
04-08-2013, 09:51 PM

I lumped on at 4/1 after Malmo.

I've never bet against Hibs, even to draw, but I thought he would do the honourable thing. Those comments today speak of blatant disinterest and I've now lost all respect for him.

brydekirk
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
sir Alex was not a success straight away infact was about to get the sack then won the FA Cup and the rest is history:wink:

Have a word, he's too negative and can't change a game, when needed.
How can you mention these two names in the same sentence ?

SaulGoodman
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Mikey Stewart.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2013, 10:09 PM

The damage isn't short term either. It's long term damage like fans not coming back. Unable to attract big players etc. get hm out now before its irreparable.

silverhibee
04-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Mikey Stewart.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Pat Fenlon, "i would have been happy with a draw. GTF Pat.

:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Mikey Stewart.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Was about to post similar. Spot on from him.

greenlex
04-08-2013, 10:16 PM
It was a strange comment from him and suggests that he realises his job is on the line.
Context is the key. He was asked if he was feeling the pressure. He said no and made the comment.

Eternal Hibbie
04-08-2013, 10:19 PM
If you were in real danger of losing what Fenlon has described as "a great job" wouldn't you take on board the Malmo humiliation, listen to the jeers at full-time today and realise that things need to change immediately and radically whilst you were still in the job ?

Does he really not understand that he has nothing to lose by being a bit more expansive, especially at Easter Road and that the support have had enough of his formations and negativity.

We wouldn't be singing in the streets had we lost 3-2 but if that meant we watched an attractive entertaining Hibs side set up to attack and giving it a real go I'm sure there wouldn't be this outcry for his removal.

Surely he must appreciate this, what has he got to lose at this point.

:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

GreenArmyyy!
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
If you were in real danger of losing what Fenlon has described as "a great job" wouldn't you take on board the Malmo humiliation, listen to the jeers at full-time today and realise that things need to change immediately and radically whilst you were still in the job ?

Does he really not understand that he has nothing to lose by being a bit more expansive, especially at Easter Road and that the support have had enough of his formations and negativity.

We wouldn't be singing in the streets had we lost 3-2 but if that meant we watched an attractive entertaining Hibs side set up to attack and giving it a real go I'm sure there wouldn't be this outcry for his removal.

Could not have put it any better myself!

Maroonsaballoon
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM

Spot on.

HibeeHendo
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Mikey Stewart.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

What did he say?

neil7908
04-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Leaving the game I was trying to cheer myself up by thinking that at least we had lost to the 2nd best side in the SPL.

But then I started considering the number of players Motherwell have lost, just off the top of my head here goes: Higdon, Ojamaa, Humphrey, Law, Randolph, Hately. All first team players who played a big part in their success last season.

Thats half a team gone and yet they can still come to ER and beat us. When you see that, combined with clubs like ICT winning comfortably, St Johnstone getting some great results in Europe and Ross County nearly holding Celtic at Parkhead, you know something is wrong.

Good managers are able to make that difference, deal with constantly changing personnel and having their squad raided at the end of the season, sometimes with their best players moving on to rivals. Taking a group of players on relatively low wages and moulding them into a team that play decent football, entertain their supporters and despite not having a lot of experience, getting results in Europe against decent sides. Go to places like Celtic and even though they don't come away with any points, they fight and battle and show some mettle.

As much as I want him to succeed as he comes across as a genuine guy, I don't think Fenlon has those qualities.

The Green Goblin
04-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Mikey Stewart.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

There`ll be a lot of us didn`t catch what he said. Could you or someone maybe sum it up, or quote what he said? That would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

SaulGoodman
04-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Pressures on Fenlon
Why play for a draw first game of the season
many other points I've now forgot

Regarding what Mikey Stewart said

Coco Bryce
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM

I really don't think he has a clue how to?

coco22
04-08-2013, 11:11 PM

Totally agree. For me today's setup and display had a reek of don't get beaten (heavily) and things won't be as bad as last week - more for PF than the team. Too defensive and too predictable.

If I had as shoogly a peg as Fenlon just now, I would send them out to try to do something to inspire the fans. I actually don't think the players we have as are as bad as the displays we are getting.

silverhibee
04-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Pats thoughts on the game. :rolleyes: Just go Pat if you think progress is getting beat 0-1 today from getting beat 3-0 last season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hibs-0-motherwell-1-henri-2123775

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Pats thoughts on the game. :rolleyes: Just go Pat if you think progress is getting beat 0-1 today from getting beat 3-0 last season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hibs-0-motherwell-1-henri-2123775

Maybe losing 0-8 on aggregate next season in Europe can show that we are going in right direction.

Just_Jimmy
04-08-2013, 11:43 PM
For me the issue is this;

Timing.

He's going to go. Be it monday morning or in 6-7 weeks. If we do it now and act swiftly we give a new guy 2 weeks of the window. If we wait 5/6/7 weeks a new guy is left with Fenlons squad until january where unrepairable damage may have been done.

Just pull the tigger now.

We know he's done, the media know and more importantly Pat knows.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 11:45 PM

Maybe if Pat truly appreciated the name that sadly was embroidered on the shirts today he'd have realised what 'the Hibs way' was all about and for one game gone attack minded in honour of the great man.

I know it's perhaps crass to bring Lawrie into the thread but I weep that today of all days he went with one bloody striker at the home of the '5'.

The players and manager really just don't get what it means to play for this great club of ours. Tragic really.

Nailrod
05-08-2013, 12:51 AM

:banghead:You know what? I don't think there is a single person at ER involved in the management of either the team or the club who would have any understanding at all of your post - stuff that is self-evident to anybody who knows anything at all about what it means to support a football team.

Purehibee_MYB
05-08-2013, 12:58 AM

Timing.

He's going to go. Be it monday morning or in 6-7 weeks. If we do it now and act swiftly we give a new guy 2 weeks of the window. If we wait 5/6/7 weeks a new guy is left with Fenlons squad until january where unrepairable damage may have been done.

A new guy might have a few weeks of the window left, but who's to say there is enough money in the bank to allow him a free reign in the transfer market, we've already signed on 8 players (I believe)

macd123
05-08-2013, 02:31 AM
We need to stop sacking managers and we need to stop signing so many players. It's time to coach and manage and build some combinations on the pitch. Other teams with lower budgets know who their best players are and stick with them. St Johnstone don't play attractive football, they are just hard to beat, hence the 1-0 scorelines.

We have enough to finish well up the league. Another winger with pace and delivery would be nice. But it's time to stop buying 3 players when you could spend their wages on one player of quality.

So lets send pat and jimmy n away to develop some siege mentality and to coach and we will do fine.

Springbank
05-08-2013, 06:38 AM
We need to stop sacking managers and we need to stop signing so many players. It's time to coach and manage and build some combinations on the pitch. Other teams with lower budgets know who their best players are and stick with them. St Johnstone don't play attractive football, they are just hard to beat, hence the 1-0 scorelines.

We have enough to finish well up the league. Another winger with pace and delivery would be nice. But it's time to stop buying 3 players when you could spend their wages on one player of quality.

So lets send pat and jimmy n away to develop some siege mentality and to coach and we will do fine.

It's their ability to do that (coach) that I worry about

I think it's all very 2004

Decent squad with a poor coach (Williamson)
Bring in a proper coach (from outwith Scotland) and watch the difference
I'd vote boothroyd or warnock

Beefster
05-08-2013, 06:41 AM
A new guy might have a few weeks of the window left, but who's to say there is enough money in the bank to allow him a free reign in the transfer market, we've already signed on 8 players (I believe)

A better manager could have that squad playing better, more attractive football almost immediately IMHO. There wouldn't necessarily be a need to bring in many more players.

brog
05-08-2013, 07:03 AM
I posted a long time ago that PF is a fine man but unfortunately not a fine manager. I'm afraid that remains the case. I have some sympathy for him yesterday in that after Malmo he obviously set us up not to lose & was undone by a ridiculous goal. We also dealt well with McFadden but I lost count of the times I was shouting in frustration when a Hibs player with space in front of him turned back or sideways. The players have to know its ok to lose the ball in the final 1/3rd of the field but its not acceptable to lose a goal to a 40 yard headed clearance!

Onion
05-08-2013, 07:22 AM

Timing.

Agree with all of that. The problem is Petrie will see the 2 week window as a THREAT to his plans rather than an opportunity.

Hibs07p
05-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Pat, time to GTF. We don't set up any team not lose at ER, (not very successfully I may add) we go for the win. You are contributing to the demise of our great club, with negative tactics and falling crowds, just GTF now.

GGTTH

Hibs07p
05-08-2013, 07:25 AM
A better manager could have that squad playing better, more attractive football almost immediately IMHO. There wouldn't necessarily be a need to bring in many more players.

That squad, with no manager would play better, more attractive football.

GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Petrie will stick by him, like he done with CC.

In the meantime, we can just feel depressed about our team & admire clubs with < 50% of our resources.

J-C
05-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Pat's biggest problem is he doesn't know how to utilise the players at his disposal, plays them out of position or restricts their natural attacking mentality. He had Craig playing god knows where, sometimes left, then right, then through the middle, no continuity and extremely disjointed and the players looked like they hadn't a clue what to do or where to play. I'm all for interweaving of positions but the players need to be extremely talented to do so, if not, stick to their natural positions.

He's added Jones to a midfield where we didn't need another midfielder.
We are desperately in need of pace and width but still we wait on the speedy winger.
We have 2 crocked defenders but brings in a journeyman who is a bit talented but is slower me and I have had 2 hip operations and overweight right now.

Aldo
05-08-2013, 07:40 AM

This. From his comments its clear he was happy to take the draw.... But happy with the progress even though we got beaten.

Thought the aim of the game was to win??

Final straw for me. Out his depth and its time for him to go

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Final straw for me. Out his depth and its time for him to go

everyone knows this but petrie will not take action until its too late and another season goes by the wayside

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2013, 08:03 AM
I would be interested to see what the poll statistics would be if the poll had been conducted from sunday evening. I wonder if those supporting fenlon might have changed their minds.