PDA

View Full Version : Footage of the Famous Five

SOLGirl
25-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Here's a link to a clip I was sent by my uncle. It starts off showing the tram journey down to Easter Rd then the short film works its way through the team...and some team it was! So much has changed, I especially liked the change in referee's strips from then to now. GGTTH :flag:

http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=8528

blindsummit
25-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for posting.

So much has changed, but it's also amazing how Easter Road and Albion Road seem almost the same.

I'm just old enough to remember when the East Terracing still looked like that. Great stuff.

Golden Bear
25-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Absolutely brilliant.

Enough to bring tears to a glass eye.

:thumbsup:

--------
25-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for posting.

So much has changed, but it's also amazing how Easter Road and Albion Road seem almost the same.

I'm just old enough to remember when the East Terracing still looked like that. Great stuff.

Actually, that St Mirren game was when they were in the process of extending the main terrace by building the upper section.

I can remember the tramcars down the Walk - they didn't go down Easter Road because there was a low bridge down at the foot of the road taking the railway into the old Central Station - the #1 buses that ran up and down Easter road were single-deckers like the one in the film, IIRC the only route that was served by single-deckers.

Jings, that takes me back!

cullen
25-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Here's a link to a clip I was sent by my uncle. It starts off showing the tram journey down to Easter Rd then the short film works its way through the team...and some team it was! So much has changed, I especially liked the change in referee's strips from then to now. GGTTH :flag:

http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=8528
You might Ali look at 8529 which is a tribute to pat Stanton and lasts about an hour.
Both videos are really nostalgic and well worth viewing.