PDA

View Full Version : Game in NYC

vercol36
25-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Maybe a long shot, but does anyone know if the game will likely be shown anywhere in New York!? I was gonna stream it but the hotel I just checked into doesn't have wifi! Cheers, I can get anywhere in the Manhattan, Brooklyn area.

number9dream
25-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I'd be amazed if anywhere was showing it but there are lots of football friendly bars in NYC.
Woodwork in Brooklyn - Vanderbilt Ave - is a favourite of mine: a good mix of nationalities.
Get online and do a quick search - the bars usually have a menu of games on - but some will take requests - especially at a quiet time of the year like this.
Maybe a Swedish channel is taking the game or you could offer to pay for the Hibs TV service if they have projector set up from computer. The Haven in Boston does that - but that's a long way to travel.
I suspect you'll be following updates on here from the greatest city on earth!

RoYO!
25-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Could go to Internet cafe? Or sit in a bar that has wifi and stream it to your laptop/ tablet?

number9dream
25-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Lots of good public wifi hot spots in Manhattan if you have laptop. Get along to Bryant Park, they have bars set up there as well...

NYHibby
25-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I am very confident that, unless there is a Swedish football bar that I am not aware of, there is a zero percent chance that you will find a bar showing this.

Finding a quality wifi source is going to be your best bet.

vercol36
25-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Lots of good public wifi hot spots in Manhattan if you have laptop. Get along to Bryant Park, they have bars set up there as well...

I'm 5 mins from Bryant Park! Good shout. Thanks very much for the info folks, looks like I'll be watching us waltz past Malmo after all! GGTTH.

Austinho
25-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Is the Hibs Official Site showing the game? Or even Malmo? Where is the best source to stream it from?

RoYO!
25-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm 5 mins from Bryant Park! Good shout. Thanks very much for the info folks, looks like I'll be watching us waltz past Malmo after all! GGTTH.

Enjoy man, I'm heading back in October. Fantastic place.

number9dream
25-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Please tell me you couldn't find a strong enough wifi signal and had to make do with a cold beer in the park instead...
Very few decent bars in mid-town, with the exception of Jimmy's Corner. A classic no frills watering hole near the gaudy nightmare that is Times Square.