PDA

View Full Version : James Alexander Gordon....

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/bbc-s-voice-of-football-retires-1-3012796

PatHead
24-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Don't know if many folk will remember him but Alasdair Dewar who used to do the Hibs/Hearts match report on Sportsreel/Sportscene/Final Score whatever it was back in the 70s and 80s died a couple of weeks ago.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Don't know if many folk will remember him but Alasdair Dewar who used to do the Hibs/Hearts match report on Sportsreel/Sportscene/Final Score whatever it was back in the 70s and 80s died a couple of weeks ago.

I remember him fondly. His style made I.M. Jolly look like a happy clapper :greengrin

YehButNoBut
24-07-2013, 03:40 PM

Sad to hear that, met him a few times when he worked in the Edinburgh Festival office in Market St, was a good guy to have a chat with about football and not as dour as he came across on his match reports.

Forza Fred
24-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Sad to hear.

He lived just down the road from me In Craigentinny, and his laddie went to Leith Academy, albeit a few years below me.

A nice chappie, who if I remember correctly always used to get sent to Dundee to cover matches from that city.

The Harp
24-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Sad to hear.

He lived just down the road from me In Craigentinny, and his laddie went to Leith Academy, albeit a few years below me.

A nice chappie, who if I remember correctly always used to get sent to Dundee to cover matches from that city.

Sad to hear of the passing of yet another football related guy. Used to see Alisdair years ago at St. John's church in Porty. Seemed a very nice, modest kind of guy who'd never pass you by. Hope he's landed a scoop up there with him arriving around the same time as Lawrie.

RIP

PatHead
24-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Sad to hear of the passing of yet another football related guy. Used to see Alisdair years ago at St. John's church in Porty. Seemed a very nice, modest kind of guy who'd never pass you by. Hope he's landed a scoop up there with him arriving around the same time as Lawrie.

RIP

Only reason I knew was his funeral was at St Johns

eastterrace
24-07-2013, 07:31 PM
i use to come home after being at the game with hibs playing brilliant with eric stevenson , peter cormack and all they type of players and then the match report would seem like i was at a dull game. still it was funny tho

heretoday
24-07-2013, 07:44 PM
People at parties used to gather in the kitchen and do impressions of Dewar. His reports were eagerly listened to for new material!

A classic was "Grey skies over Tynecastle mirrored the play on the park, I'm afraid".

He was one of the old school - Crampsey, Montford, Francey - who made it a pleasure to switch on the tv or radio and not an annoyance as it is today.