PDA

View Full Version : STV news

ripvanwinkle
22-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Did any body else notice that the 6 o'clock news item on lawrie Reill showed two photos of Eddie Turbull in error?
Pathetic reporting on one of the most famous players in Scottish Football

Mark79
22-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Dont watch it anymore. Amateur drivel plus the presenter wifey with the slow eye gies me the boke.

Albanian Hibs
22-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Dont watch it anymore. Amateur drivel plus the presenter wifey with the slow eye gies me the boke.

Hahaha

Wotherspiniesta
22-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Am I right in saying that during the time we were close to signing Anthony Stokes, STV had a Stoke City emblem in the background as they announced the news?

Obviously terrible if they've confused Reilly with Turnbull. Reilly is an icon and thats not only unprofessional, but completely disrespectful towards him and his family... but whoever made the assumption that Hibs purhcased an EPL football team should surely have been emptied before that show finished !

Jonnyboy
22-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Did any body else notice that the 6 o'clock news item on lawrie Reill showed two photos of Eddie Turbull in error?

My TV jumped with fright as I bellowed "That's not Lawrie it's Eddie" at it

BTW Jack - slow eyed lady no longer on it :wink:

Sir David Gray
22-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Am I right in saying that during the time we were close to signing Anthony Stokes, STV had a Stoke City emblem in the background as they announced the news?

Obviously terrible if they've confused Reilly with Turnbull. Reilly is an icon and thats not only unprofessional, but completely disrespectful towards him and his family... but whoever made the assumption that Hibs purhcased an EPL football team should surely have been emptied before that show finished !

I do seem to recall that.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-07-2013, 08:17 PM
I posted off a right cheeky Email about it plus the fact they were droning on about Celtic when we have a game on Thursday that merits at least some exposure, it doesn't come from Edinburgh anyway it's all done through Glasgow studio's.

Utterly amateurish but the bird reading the news was tasty, much better than that total wooden dummy Gordon Chree

hibby rae
I always watch Reporting Scotland but that's due to Catriona Shearer, the little minx. :drool::love ya!:

Mark79
My TV jumped with fright as I bellowed "That's not Lawrie it's Eddie" at it

BTW Jack - slow eyed lady no longer on it :wink:

Pontoon eyes is still on it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I always watch Reporting Scotland but that's due to Catriona Shearer, the little minx. :drool::love ya!:

You're not the first person to say that on here, I just dinnae see it!

Thecat23
22-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I posted off a right cheeky Email about it plus the fact they were droning on about Celtic when we have a game on Thursday that merits at least some exposure, it doesn't come from Edinburgh anyway it's all done through Glasgow studio's.

Utterly amateurish but the bird reading the news was tasty, much better than that total wooden dummy Gordon Chree

He interviewed me. I went to place the top and he pretty much jumped on me. I shat myself!! It was like when Garth gets left on his own in Wayne's world and can't speak!!! Mumbled through it and left thinking that's the worst interview STV have had. Also couldn't stop looking at the size of his head, it's unbelievably HUGE.

Seanair
22-07-2013, 08:22 PM
STV news--hand knitted. Awful introduction of "the East"which looks like it was filmed in Edinburgh 50years ago. Also terrible adverts of talking kitchen appliances with English accents which they've been using for yonks.
Basically a Glasgow outfit which tries to pretend it's not.
Wouldn't have got a Rangers or Celtic player wrong.:hnet:

hibby rae
22-07-2013, 08:23 PM
You're not the first person to say that on here, I just dinnae see it!

Perhaps you might appreciate the experience of Ralston instead?

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Nah, no thanks.

NOLA
22-07-2013, 08:32 PM

whats her name, gonna have to judge for myself :greengrin

Seanair
22-07-2013, 08:35 PM
The wicked witch of the west?:grr:

madabouthibs
22-07-2013, 08:40 PM
That wee fat guy too, looks like Alec Salmonds love child.
I stopped watching when wee Caroline stopped doing the sports news. :confused:

MSK
22-07-2013, 08:44 PM
That wee fat guy too, looks like Alec Salmonds love child.
I stopped watching when wee Caroline stopped doing the sports news. :confused:I stopped watching when Shereen Nanjiani was bumped ..bring back Nanjiani ..:protest:

Mark79
22-07-2013, 08:46 PM
whats her name, gonna have to judge for myself :greengrin

She's no bad but when one eye sticks and the other one twists its game over.

I'm_cabbaged
22-07-2013, 08:46 PM

A case of one eye's autocue the other one's ****ed?

Pretty Boy
22-07-2013, 08:47 PM
The entire Scottish news output on TV is beyond brutal.

Thank God for the internet.

I'm_cabbaged
22-07-2013, 08:49 PM
The entire Scottish news output on TV is beyond brutal.

Thank God for the internet.

Opting in for topless news?

wazoo1875
22-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I stopped watching when Shereen Nanjiani was bumped ..bring back Nanjiani ..:protest:

Nearly ran her over in the fire engine years ago. Just walked oot in front of me. Daft cow !!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2013, 09:21 PM

Susanna Reid is more my cup of tea!

LeithBoozy
22-07-2013, 09:22 PM
She's no bad but when one eye sticks and the other one twists its game over.

Oh ma sides. :greengrin

hibs0666
22-07-2013, 09:26 PM
The wicked witch of the west?:grr:

She's fae Shandon - that's hardly west of Easter Road. :wink:

Dunderhall
22-07-2013, 09:47 PM
She's fae Shandon - that's hardly west of East Road. :wink:
Moat and Shandon, cheap champagne territory.

JOD
22-07-2013, 11:35 PM

TBF I see what happened. If you watched it closely it went on to show Lawrie's goal. However he was positioned to the right of goal when he scored and whoever composed the report assumed the guy in front of goal was him. Still I agree very lazy reporting and pretty typical of our shabby media. :embarrass

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2013, 05:05 AM

Same. We regularly twat each other .... Twoot, tweek ( whatever it is we do ) on that nasty social networking thingy.

Phwooooooar.

Much prefer her to that old " Good evening - i'm Johhhhhhn Mackaaay!" Bollocky bollocks.

Aldo
23-07-2013, 06:58 AM
He interviewed me. I went to place the top and he pretty much jumped on me. I shat myself!! It was like when Garth gets left on his own in Wayne's world and can't speak!!! Mumbled through it and left thinking that's the worst interview STV have had. Also couldn't stop looking at the size of his head, it's unbelievably HUGE.

Ha ha. Farf

Aldo
23-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Yes indeed.
Hubba Hubba

snooky
23-07-2013, 06:28 PM
For me, watching Gail McGrane weather reporting makes a cold winter storm sound like a hot summer's day. :angelic:

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-07-2013, 06:33 PM

:drool:

Yum Yum

:agree: