PDA

View Full Version : Ticket sales for the Malmo game (merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TheFamous1875
23-07-2013, 03:31 PM
That's me just been round and got KB'd anaw. Shocking, like. Do they want to sell tickets or not??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

H18sry
23-07-2013, 03:32 PM
couldnt agree more :agree:

shutting the ticket office at 5 pm is a completely diabolical idea as well.

I think you will find it is open till KO time on an evening match night :wink:

The Sea-gull
23-07-2013, 03:35 PM
To be perfectly honest I am sometimes a bit bemused by the obsession a lot of fans have with ways to 'create' an atmosphere.

I always think when the match and performance merit it then the atmosphere will happen regardless of where people are sitting. See last season v Hearts, Celtc at ER or the last few minutes of the semi v Falkirk. On the flip side for games against teams like St Mirren and Dundee then, even allowing for the improvements section 43 helped generate, the atmosphere was still (going well against the grain here) pretty rubbish. Moving a few seats around isn't going to change that imo.

As to whether I would move. Not voluntatily, I like my seat and the people around me who I have got to know over the years. I wouldn't immediately stop going if I was forced to move but long term it may stop me. Add being made to sit somewhere else to the list of other things that make continued attendance at ER difficult (kick off times being moved, poor performance, cost, mates no longer attending, shift work) amd eventually you get a cumulative effect.

No doubt the uber fans will be along any minute but really that's the way it is for me at the minute.

I'm not saying getting more fans in the bottom tier would immediately improve atmosphere but it is worth a try as atmosphere at ER is absolutely dire and has been from that stand in particular for years.

That bottom tier especially looks terrible whenever you see it on telly and doesn't reflect well on the club.

what would, of course improve things, is a team playing well and winning as then the crowds might come back all over the ground but in the absence of this happening, surely any attempt to improve atmosphere with a view to lifting the team to improve their performance and ultimately results is a good thing.

Thecat23
23-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I've just been down getting two more tickets. Why aren't the ticket office open for this? I find it strange that only 2 people were on the the place was packed. Folk were getting a bit restless and to be fair I don't blame them.

Feel sorry for the ones who were working, they really were doing their best but FFS it's a euro game, it was packed yesterday so they must have known be the same today. I honestly think Hibs make things difficult for themselves at times I really do.

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 03:36 PM

im fully aware of that. but picking my ticket up on the night of the game when there is a mad scramble isnt ideal is it?

its a meaningful match that alot of people want to go to, not only to see us overturn a 2 goal deficit but pay our respects to lawrie, all im asking is the club show us some loyalty and cater for everyone and extend the opening hours leading up to the game, its really not that much to ask.

i have a season ticket so dont do this very often but for folk who cant commit to a season ticket i genuinley feel for them as i think that this side of the club, tickets/clubstore is a bit of a shambles.

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2013, 03:37 PM
How many weeks have they been selling tickets for?

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I've just been down getting two more tickets. Why aren't the ticket office open for this? I find it strange that only 2 people were on the the place was packed. Folk were getting a bit restless and to be fair I don't blame them.

Feel sorry for the ones who were working, they really were doing their best but FFS it's a euro game, it was packed yesterday so they must have known be the same today. I honestly think Hibs make things difficult for themselves at times I really do.

this :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 03:40 PM
As much as its a shambles that they haven't arranged for the shop to be open longer, is anyone really surprised?

Just tried to call them to ask a question - didn't realise they were stowed out (obviously don't have a voicemail message they can leave).

How do I add 2 tickets to my 2xSTs for Thursday? Webpage keeps asking me to select a collection method (recorded delivery, 1st class or collection) - I just want to add them onto the plastic!

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 03:40 PM

I dont think that is a good enough defense for the club really. Unemployment statistics aside, people do work, and its crazy not to allow for that. There is always a rush for tickets last few days.

Ringothedog
23-07-2013, 03:42 PM

I genuinely wonder if some of the people who post on here have ever been to a game in their lives. Some of the pish they spout is unbelievable.

WHAM
23-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Absolute shambles.

Pat Fenlon and the players calling for the fans to come out and back the club by buying tickets....fans do come out...then are turned away by the ticket office due to ludicrous closing times on the week building up to a massive game. You could not write this rubbish.

I'm not sure how much of an impact it will have on the attendance on the night but surely the club should be making it as easy as possible for fans who don't finish work til after 5.30-6pm. Especially after the "rallying calls" from the players and staff.

Quite worried about getting in before kick off as well on thursday. Don't finish work til 5.30pm through here then by the time I have driven through, parked and walked up to easter road...there wont be much time left considering there will probably be massive collection queues.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2013, 03:43 PM
FFS Rod could hand deliver every single ticket personally and some folk would still find something to moan about!
There's been plenty of opportunities to get a ticket without going in person and ST holders can even get it added to their cards, now folk want the shop to extend its opening hours, so they can collect, get a grip.

davhibby
23-07-2013, 03:44 PM
im fully aware of that. but picking my ticket up on the night of the game when there is a mad scramble isnt ideal is it?

its a meaningful match that alot of people want to go to, not only to see us overturn a 2 goal deficit but pay our respects to lawrie, all im asking is the club show us some loyalty and cater for everyone and extend the opening hours leading up to the game, its really not that much to ask.

i have a season ticket so dont do this very often but for folk who cant commit to a season ticket i genuinley feel for them as i think that this side of the club, tickets/clubstore is a bit of a shambles.

There isn't a mad scramble if you don't turn up 10 minutes before ko to get them

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Just been turned away at the shop,que to big and i wont be served in time?????

Don't leave it so late next time!

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I dont think that is a good enough defense for the club really. Unemployment statistics aside, people do work, and its crazy not to allow for that. There is always a rush for tickets last few days.

Really? I do. Tickets have been on sale for weeks. Plenty time to buy online, phone in or whatever, IMO.

Ringothedog
23-07-2013, 03:48 PM

So your seat has not been added to your S/T ? You are also asking for ticket office staff who are more than likely not paid very well to stay late for people who may or may not turn up to collect tickets. The ticket office will be open all day on Thursday. There will only be a mad scramble to collect tickets if you turn up at 7.30

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Really? I do. Tickets have been on sale for weeks. Plenty time to buy online, phone in or whatever, IMO.

Exactly, people create their own problems then moan like **** on here about it.

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 03:49 PM
There isn't a mad scramble if you don't turn up 10 minutes before ko to get them

like many others i work till late on so dont have the luxury of turning up early to get them.

there are many folk in the same boat, just because there arent lots on here hibs.net is in no way shape or form the be all and end all of the hibernian fc support.

just extend the opening hours of the club shop. whats the harm in that? im struggling to see any real reasons why the club shouldnt do this, esspecially leading up to a game like this.

gegs70
23-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I suppose if you can book online do so and pick them up before the game....you could get someone else to nip in for tickets. Altrrnatively and worse case scenario pay on the day its not too bad extra fiver.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2013, 03:50 PM
like many others i work till late on so dont have the luxury of turning up early to get them.

there are many folk in the same boat, just because there arent lots on here hibs.net is in no way shape or form the be all and end all of the hibernian fc support.

just extend the opening hours of the club shop. whats the harm in that? im struggling to see any real reasons why the club shouldnt do this, esspecially leading up to a game like this.

Post was an option.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 03:51 PM

Weeks? Was it not only the beginning of last week (i.e. last payday)? I've been away on holiday since 13/7 and not sure about others but I'm leaving it to "the last minute" due to being away.

Closing the TO when they have stuff to sell and customers wanting to buy - is that good business?

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 03:51 PM
So your seat has not been added to your S/T ? You are also asking for ticket office staff who are more than likely not paid very well to stay late for people who may or may not turn up to collect tickets. The ticket office will be open all day on Thursday. There will only be a mad scramble to collect tickets if you turn up at 7.30

so if they are not paid very well surely they wouldnt mind a couple of hours overtime leading up to the game then naw?

whats the problem with leaving it open till 7/8pm?? whats your real issue with that? will probably get a few more folk at the game, how can you see that as a bad thing?

Heedersnvolleys
23-07-2013, 03:52 PM
It is a shambles!!!

Went online to buy Thursdays tickets but it was coming up as adult for my 2 kids ST's seats.

So phoned the ticket number, the guy at ticketmaster could not sort it out so gave me the direct line to the clubs ticket line. After spending a whole morning trying to get through had to eventually go up and buy them in person after standing in a Q for an hour to get the tickets but it was too busy to ask them too look into what the problem is!!!

God help them if we do get through, how will they cope!

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I suppose if you can book online do so and pick them up before the game....you could get someone else to nip in for tickets. Altrrnatively and worse case scenario pay on the day its not too bad extra fiver.

Imagine if you could book online and add it to your ST - how good would that be?!

Can you do that?

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Post was an option.

so was getting money for the tickets from the ticket money fairy so i could order my ticket in time enough to be delivered in time.

and i would have more chance of nana moon from eastenders getting my ticket to me on time than the royal mail.

carnoustiehibee
It's weird, I work full time live 50 miles away and got my tickets delivered last week.

Sounds too good to be true.

Scouse Hibee
Imagine if you could book online and add it to your ST - how good would that be?!

Can you do that?

Yes.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 03:55 PM
It's weird, I work full time live 50 miles away and got my tickets delivered last week.

Sounds too good to be true.

Having said what I've said above I do agree - why are so many standing in a queue when you can order online? They're still offering to post online as well.

LancashireHibby
While I agree it's poor form to be capping the queue and would have made more sense to try and get 1/2 more staff and open the Ticket Office, I've never had a problem booking online and collecting my tickets BEFORE going to the pub.

Danderhall Hibs
Yes.

What do I choose mate - keep getting an error returned.

TheFamous1875
Having worked hospitality most of my adult life, working with the general public, I think Hibs continually miss opportunities to go that extra mile for their supporters. On any excuse to make an 'occasion' of something, in my field we'd always pre plan the demand for events and work longer hours for our guests/customers. That's what the service industry should thrive on, going that extra mile. That's the difference between good businesses and bad businesses.

Maybe Hibs have calculated that they lose more money having the shop open for longer and paying their staff longer and it's not worth it? Surely not, though?

matty_f
23-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Can you do that?

Except it only gives you an adult ticket so you can't book your son's ticket online. Sorted in a 2 minute phone call though.

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Exactly, people create their own problems then moan like **** on here about it.

I don't think this qualifies as a such an occasion. Turning up at the ground at 4:45 to buy a ticket is hardly absurd behavior. I think the real shame in this is that the club are not in a position to cater for all the people who turned up -before closing time-. Alan Sugar would be raging.

'Ye bleeding ask these folks to come along, then when they turn up on time, you bleeding turn them away!'

Hibs - You are fired. But not liquidated. :greengrin

Ringothedog
23-07-2013, 03:57 PM
so if they are not paid very well surely they wouldnt mind a couple of hours overtime leading up to the game then naw?

whats the problem with leaving it open till 7/8pm?? whats your real issue with that? will probably get a few more folk at the game, how can you see that as a bad thing?

Can I make a wee suggestion......wait until you have collected your tickets, if you have to wait a long time to get them or miss the start of the game then come back and moan.

On your point on keeping the ticket office later, why should staff have to do that. Are they not allowed to have a life or even family commitments ?

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Except it only gives you an adult ticket so you can't book your son's ticket online. Sorted in a 2 minute phone call though.

Done that for me too but I reassigned it to a kids ticket and now can't select to add to card! 2 minute phone call can't happen either - they're just letting it ring out.

Emerald
23-07-2013, 03:58 PM

Can you do that?

You could add it to your season ticket in the priotity period or at least until your seat had been sold to someone else. If your seat is gone then You obviously can't do it now. If its still available then I don't know why you can't.

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Having worked hospitality most of my adult life, working with the general public, I think Hibs continually miss opportunities to go that extra mile for their supporters. On any excuse to make an 'occasion' of something, in my field we'd always pre plan the demand for events and work longer hours for our guests/customers. That's what the service industry should thrive on, going that extra mile. That's the difference between good businesses and bad businesses.

Maybe Hibs have calculated that they lose more money having the shop open for longer and paying their staff longer and it's not worth it? Surely not, though?

this this this. Its like the numpty who (trying to claw back £25 million debt) decides to charge his staff for coffee, then wonders why he gets an earful..

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Can I make a wee suggestion......wait until you have collected your tickets, if you have to wait a long time to get them or miss the start of the game then come back and moan.

On your point on keeping the ticket office later, why should staff have to do that. Are they not allowed to have a life or even family commitments ?

hahahahaha!! your aff yer heed.

but the poor ticket staff dont get paid enough i though :(

can you no answer my question? whats wrong with leaving it open thus making the attendance bigger, thus more folk cheering the team on to win, thus earning hibs a few more bob? whats wrong with that?

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 04:02 PM
You could add it to your season ticket in the priotity period or at least until your seat had been sold to someone else. If your seat is gone then You obviously can't do it now. If its still available then I don't know why you can't.

I've got 4x STs but am only being offered 2 of the seats, so presumably the other 2 have been sold. Only want 2 for Thursday anyway, when I change it to a kids ticket (it defaults to an adult seat despite the ST being a kids seat) I then have to select a delivery/collection method, none of which are add to ST.

Just a wee bit frustrating likes.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2013, 04:02 PM
so was getting money for the tickets from the ticket money fairy so i could order my ticket in time enough to be delivered in time.

and i would have more chance of nana moon from eastenders getting my ticket to me on time than the royal mail.

So Hibs have to have an option that suits every individual supporter do they? The shop staff could just as easily say staying late doesn't suit them as you have to the other perfectly feasible options.

davhibby
23-07-2013, 04:06 PM

Well if you work till late and can't make it to ER before about half 7 on Thursday, how late are you wanting them to leave the TO open for?

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 04:06 PM
There was something mentioned by the club a while back about opening the ticket office later in the evening, and maybe opening at 1pm instead of the normal 9am.

Seems to me this would be the ideal time to try this.

Dibben
23-07-2013, 04:07 PM

Unless it's changed recently, I bought tickets for me and my wee boy online and got it added to our cards!!!

hibIBZ
23-07-2013, 04:07 PM
There is other ways to get tickets not just going down to the shop. I do agree that hibs should of had more staff on during opening hours but the shop closes at 5 like it does everyday and people should know that. There is still tomorrow and the pods on game day as well as online. No need for all the toys out the prams.
Plus have never understood the bashing the Royal Mail gets. Don't think I have ever lost any mail or had anything sent first class the wasn't delivered quickly

ginger_rice
23-07-2013, 04:09 PM

You going to be in the Iona before the game? Hope to be in there by 7 if the postie arrives with my tickets that is!

Emerald
23-07-2013, 04:10 PM
I've got 4x STs but am only being offered 2 of the seats, so presumably the other 2 have been sold. Only want 2 for Thursday anyway, when I change it to a kids ticket (it defaults to an adult seat despite the ST being a kids seat) I then have to select a delivery/collection method, none of which are add to ST.

Just a wee bit frustrating likes.

That explains it then. You could try phoning them and they would be able to add it to your ST but I wouldn't hold your breath while waiting on them to answer. It seems they really have cut admin staff to the bone and it won't do them any favours in the long run if folk find it difficult to get tickets. Hope you get it worked out.

I can't even get the link to work properly now!!!

ginger_rice
23-07-2013, 04:10 PM
There is other ways to get tickets not just going down to the shop. I do agree that hibs should of had more staff on during opening hours but the shop closes at 5 like it does everyday and people should know that. There is still tomorrow and the pods on game day as well as online. No need for all the toys out the prams.
Plus have never understood the bashing the Royal Mail gets. Don't think I have ever lost any mail or had anything sent first class the wasn't delivered quickly

:agree: I've been buying tickets on line for years now and providing you order about a week before the game I've never had a problem it's a great service for those of us out un the sticks.

Hibdan12
23-07-2013, 04:11 PM
http://youtu.be/8HsGdZrnDYM

Get learning the words

there just the usual songs? thought there was a new one?

Ringothedog
hahahahaha!! your aff yer heed.

but the poor ticket staff dont get paid enough i though :(

can you no answer my question? whats wrong with leaving it open thus making the attendance bigger, thus more folk cheering the team on to win, thus earning hibs a few more bob? whats wrong with that?

It goes back to my original post, why have staff stay late for people who may or may not turn up to collect tickets. What should Hibs do stay open until 7.00 ? Everyone turns up at 6.45 to collect tickets but they close on the dot at 7.00. Cue people coming on here moaning that Hibs customer service is terrible and they should stay open later. Also if you could guarantee that staying open later will lead to a bigger attendance then Petrie would have the shop open 25 hours a day.

Squealing pig
Some jessies on this thread, fact

ozzie
23-07-2013, 04:12 PM
i already have my ticket but i ordered my cousins online today. can i pick them up tomorrow and do i still have to wait in the queue?

matty_f
23-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Unless it's changed recently, I bought tickets for me and my wee boy online and got it added to our cards!!!

I don't know what the issue was but I could only get an adult ticket for his seat if I wanted it added to his card online.

ozzie
23-07-2013, 04:18 PM
do you still have to wait in the queue if you order online and opt for collection

ginger_rice
23-07-2013, 04:22 PM
do you still have to wait in the queue if you order online and opt for collection

There's normally a collection only window

Eternal Hibbie

Different circumstances for everyone aren't there ?

Afraid I can't agree with you at all.

Got ours but its still the wrong way to do things in my opinion :thumbdown:

blackpoolhibs
Its obvious to anyone with a brain that most folk work, so an easy way to help those folk out is close the shop at 9pm in the run up to a game like this thats not on the season ticket, and likely to have decent demand.

Have the shop open at 1pm and you dont pay the staff more than you would in a 9-5 day.

Surely Petrie wont have put the ticket sellers on a 9-5 contract, he's not that stupid surely?

edinburghhibee
23-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Some jessies on this thread, fact

FACT needs to be in capitals or it means **** all

bingo70
23-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Its obvious to anyone with a brain that most folk work, so an easy way to help those folk out is close the shop at 9pm in the run up to a game like this thats not on the season ticket, and likely to have decent demand.

Have the shop open at 1pm and you dont pay the staff more than you would in a 9-5 day.

Surely Petrie wont have put the ticket sellers on a 9-5 contract, he's not that stupid surely?

I think the rush for tickets will have caught the.club by surprise and in order for the staff to leave on time they had to close the queue when they did. With no prior warning maybe the staff were simply unwilling or unable to work longer, I'm sure they've all got lives too.

Allant1981
23-07-2013, 04:27 PM
There was something mentioned by the club a while back about opening the ticket office later in the evening, and maybe opening at 1pm instead of the normal 9am.

Seems to me this would be the ideal time to try this.

then you would have people moaning that they work the late shift and can only get in early doors, there is always going to be someone unhappy

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Don't bother phoning Ticketmaster -waste of time. She was charging me a booking fee and not allowing me to add it to my card, collect a paper ticket only. They were my last resort, in future I won't even consider using them.

Probably cost me a fortune on my mobile as well.

ginger_rice
23-07-2013, 04:28 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't zero hour contracts!

hibIBZ
23-07-2013, 04:30 PM
There is also the issue if legally how long people can work in a day with breaks etc factored in

Hibdan12
23-07-2013, 04:32 PM
so how many do you think we have sold? and do you think malmo will bring strong support?

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 04:33 PM
so how many do you think we have sold? and do you think malmo will bring strong support?

Malmo bringing around 500 or so.
Source Hibs director

Chuck Rhoades
23-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Share the news and hopefully section 43 will pick it up!!!!

We all picked it up in Malmo!

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I think the rush for tickets will have caught the.club by surprise and in order for the staff to leave on time they had to close the queue when they did. With no prior warning maybe the staff were simply unwilling or unable to work longer, I'm sure they've all got lives too.

Flexible staff is what we need in todays current market, every penny is a prisoner and we need as many as we can get.

It also appears we have only had 2 staff serving the queue, even if we did pay someone to come in for 5 hours, surely that has to be worth it to the club in the long run?

AlbertK86
23-07-2013, 04:36 PM

Official site says over 10k ... Come on guys this is massive game lets pack the place out

madabouthibs
23-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Seems to be a few ST holders that want tickets now and have encountered the cafuffle that wee walk ups usually have to endure, I can't understand why they didn't get them added to their ST's before Fridays deadline. Wee change of heart? :greengrin
The only thing that pissed me off is the £1.50 per ticket booking fee. Surely it should be £1.50 per order? :confused:

I ordered my tickets for the East on Thursday morning, they were delivered by RM on Friday. Canny grumble...... :greengrin

NOLA
23-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Having said what I've said above I do agree - why are so many standing in a queue when you can order online? They're still offering to post online as well. not everyone has access to the internet you know, or own credit cards, if theres a demand at the shop then the shop manager should be delaying the shop closure in this instance, its called business. turning folk away is great business. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 04:39 PM
then you would have people moaning that they work the late shift and can only get in early doors, there is always going to be someone unhappy

The majority of folk work normal hours, they should be the target audience.

Chuck Rhoades
23-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Over 10k sold..

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130723/letsmakeeasterroadbounce_2262950_3325732

lugz
23-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Over 10k sold..

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130723/letsmakeeasterroadbounce_2262950_3325732

Imagine if they never turned people away...

Allant1981
23-07-2013, 04:42 PM
The majority of folk work normal hours, they should be the target audience.

Aww i know this, personally i didnt have any trouble getting my ticket but you know someone would complain that early morning is the only time they can get to ER

Makaveli
23-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Near certainty that KO will be delayed with folk queuing outside, both collecting and buying.

Dashing Bob S
Over 10k sold..

Decent. Reckon about 14 k on the cards.

Pretty Boy
Surely the obvious solution is to have a late shopping night once a week like most retail businesses do.

joe breezy
23-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Decent. Reckon about 14 k on the cards.

That can't be true, we're a wee team with 6000 fans, going bust soon....a Hearts fan told me so

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Hopfully get about 14-15k GGTTH :thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
23-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Don't leave it so late next time!

I wouldn't have thought two days before the game was leaving it too late???

Very poor IMO,they should satisfy the demand,its not rocket science

.Sean.
23-07-2013, 04:52 PM
hey keith,

the guy next to me in work cant make it due to having commitments with his kids, do you mind if he gives the game a miss?

Some folk on this site are really, really ****ing thick. Noboby cares if you're working, looking after the bairns etc as that comes before football anyway. It's folk that CAN go but DON'T, purely cause they cannae be arsed. Usually the same folk that moan about struggling to get a cup final ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Seems to be a few ST holders that want tickets now and have encountered the cafuffle that wee walk ups usually have to endure, I can't understand why they didn't get them added to their ST's before Fridays deadline. Wee change of heart?

Been on holiday mate - it is summertime after all!

NOLA
23-07-2013, 04:54 PM
shop only open till 5 again tomorrow, so get there early if you want a ticket

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 04:55 PM
not everyone has access to the internet you know, or own credit cards, if theres a demand at the shop then the shop manager should be delaying the shop closure in this instance, its called business. turning folk away is great business. :rolleyes:

I know but the folk on here complaining about it definitely have internet access.

.Sean.
23-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Absolute shambles.

Pat Fenlon and the players calling for the fans to come out and back the club by buying tickets....fans do come out...then are turned away by the ticket office due to ludicrous closing times on the week building up to a massive game. You could not write this rubbish.

I'm not sure how much of an impact it will have on the attendance on the night but surely the club should be making it as easy as possible for fans who don't finish work til after 5.30-6pm. Especially after the "rallying calls" from the players and staff.

Quite worried about getting in before kick off as well on thursday. Don't finish work til 5.30pm through here then by the time I have driven through, parked and walked up to easter road...there wont be much time left considering there will probably be massive collection queues.
Well said A :aok: Can't you just phone up and add a seat to your card to save queing? I couldn't get my seat, however purchased the same seat 2 rows back.

down-the-slope
23-07-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm going to miss the start of the game because the club don't distribute tickets in the Four In Hand!

Petrie!!

:grr:

:tee hee: ...the irony of a good number of the posts however......

The Club is trying to get as many as possible to use online services (moan if you like its the way of the world...just like mobile phones / chip and pin etc etc...the world will not return to being Flat and this will become the norm) Its cheaper more efficient way to operate. To encourage this and change behaviour they have

Reduced the advance price to £15 for a Euro Match....you could pay £22 to watch Cat B in winter if you prefer...
Responded to complaints about booking fees by not having these for ST holders buying online tickets for this game
Created new Cards so ST holders could have this match 'loaded' to card
Not had a long restricted ST only sales period to allow all supporters plenty time to buy online in advance and have delivered / collected well in advance
Had tickets on sale for a week and 2 weekends in shop

I could go on...bet even so as my ironic post suggested...still people will find a way to create a bottle neck (order online then try and pick up last minute as an example) and take no responsibility....

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 05:03 PM
:tee hee: ...the irony of a good number of the posts however......

The Club is trying to get as many as possible to use online services (moan if you like its the way of the world...just like mobile phones / chip and pin etc etc...the world will not return to being Flat and this will become the norm) Its cheaper more efficient way to operate. To encourage this and change behaviour they have

Reduced the advance price to £15 for a Euro Match....you could pay £22 to watch Cat B in winter if you prefer...
Responded to complaints about booking fees by not having these for ST holders buying online tickets for this game
Created new Cards so ST holders could have this match 'loaded' to card
Not had a long restricted ST only sales period to allow all supporters plenty time to buy online in advance and have delivered / collected well in advance
Had tickets on sale for a week and 2 weekends in shop

I could go on...bet even so as my ironic post suggested...still people will find a way to create a bottle neck (order online then try and pick up last minute as an example) and take no responsibility....

If the website was a wee bit better I'd have been able to order my tickets with no problem. Makes perfect sense for the club to go down the online route but they need to make sure their system is in place and tested as well.

TheGreenMan
23-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I have a Season Ticket, I ordered my seat on Friday but chose 'collection' as I couldnt see any option to 'add to card' or the likes and I didnt want to pay for postage so phoned the ticket office yesterday to check if I did actually have to collect a ticket or if it was automatically added to my card - was told that it wasnt automatically added but if I wanted to they could add it to the card to save me having to queue up on the night to collect a ticket. Sorted :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I have a Season Ticket, I ordered my seat on Friday but chose 'collection' as I couldnt see any option to 'add to card' or the likes and I didnt want to pay for postage so phoned the ticket office yesterday to check if I did actually have to collect a ticket or if it was automatically added to my card - was told that it wasnt automatically added but if I wanted to they could add it to the card to save me having to queue up on the night to collect a ticket. Sorted :thumbsup:

Lucky you (although the system should've let you add it to your card in the 1st place) - they weren't answering the phone this afternoon!

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2013, 05:09 PM
You going to be in the Iona before the game? Hope to be in there by 7 if the postie arrives with my tickets that is!

Should be. Chris wants to go through early for, in his words, a sesh. In his case that is usually two pints of Wife Beater before he falls down the terracing :-)

silverhibee
23-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Some folk on this site are really, really ****ing thick. Noboby cares if you're working, looking after the bairns etc as that comes before football anyway. It's folk that CAN go but DON'T, purely cause they cannae be arsed. Usually the same folk that moan about struggling to get a cup final ticket.

Daytrippers :agree:

semaj64
23-07-2013, 05:15 PM

I thought it was automatically added to your card if you bought your own seat or was it because you chose collection. My email receipt indicates it has been added. I better print off and take along just in case!!

.Sean.
23-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Daytrippers :agree:
You know my vocab far too well :greengrin

silverhibee
23-07-2013, 05:16 PM
shop only open till 5 again tomorrow, so get there early if you want a ticket

You could get there for 4 o'clock and still be turned away. :confused:

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I thought it was automatically added to your card if you bought your own seat or was it because you chose collection. My email receipt indicates it has been added. I better print off and take along just in case!!

Me too, won't be happy if it hasn't been added to my card.

Johnny Clash
23-07-2013, 05:26 PM

I think they can only add your regular seat to your card as that's the row and seat number printed on the card

I bought three different seats today so I need to collect tickets but hopefully they'll have a collection only windows at ticket office open tomorrow.

It's really bad for those turned away today but hopefully it's a sign we'll get a decent crowd on Thursday!

semaj64
23-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Me too, won't be happy if it hasn't been added to my card.

Web site says it will be added to card as long as you have bought own seat.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Web site says it will be added to card as long as you have bought own seat.

Thanks, that's what we did

semaj64
23-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I think they can only add your regular seat to your card as that's the row and seat number printed on the card

I bought three different seats today so I need to collect tickets but hopefully they'll have a collection only windows at ticket office open tomorrow.

It's really bad for those turned away today but hopefully it's a sign we'll get a decent crowd on Thursday!

Cheers, yes sounds healthy re queue lets hope they are not put off by being turned away.

07BigD
23-07-2013, 05:36 PM
At the end of the day people have been given enough time to get organised, some folk would have someone wipe their backside for them to avoid slight inconvenience. The options for getting tickets ordered/collected are a lifetime ahead of when you had to stand in a massive queue on ER at the old club shop back in the day.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks, that's what we did

Did you choose "collect from TO" as well as leaving the default of add to card?

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 05:41 PM
At the end of the day people have been given enough time to get organised, some folk would have someone wipe their backside for them to avoid slight inconvenience. The options for getting tickets ordered/collected are a lifetime ahead of when you had to stand in a massive queue on ER at the old club shop back in the day.

Oh well sod them that want to go but were turned away, they have had enough chance to get themselves organised. And those chancers that had the cheek to stand in line all day, you need to have a good look at yourself for putting the club out. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
23-07-2013, 05:42 PM
My seat wasn't available on Sunday so just bought two tickets in FF. Want to see whose got my seat.

GGTTH

semaj64
23-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Looking at online available seats the East is close to a sell out.

07BigD
23-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh well sod them that want to go but were turned away, they have had enough chance to get themselves organised. And those chancers that had the cheek to stand in line all day, you need to have a good look at yourself for putting the club out. :rolleyes:

Just saying, I haven't read much of the thread I've just bulldozed in with an opinion, well in keeping with tradition

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Different circumstances for everyone aren't there ?

Afraid I can't agree with you at all.

Got ours but its still the wrong way to do things in my opinion :thumbdown:

Then we are just going to have to disagree. Such is life.

scoopyboy
23-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Absolute shambles.

WHAM, you will never be the man your Dad is.:greengrin

For a university graduate who has excelled in your chosen occupation you are missing a lot of points.

People have had time to book tickets via internet or phone and have their tickets mailed out. If more had done this then the collection queue on the night would be smaller.

PF and players that made rallying calls for fans to turn out probably thought fans would have enough savvy to be able to get their hands on tickets. Evidently not.

In your case all you had to do was get me, Stevie, Sean or any of the East Lothian Hibs to help you out.

scoopyboy
23-07-2013, 05:55 PM

Did you get turned away after travelling all that way from Blackpool mate?

OR

Did you get your ticket by an alternative method?

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Did you get turned away after travelling all that way from Blackpool mate?

OR

Did you get your ticket by an alternative method?

Not got one yet scoops, will pick our tickets up early on Thursday from one of the pods. It was today the club went out and told folk it was pointless joining the queue as the shop was shutting.

Keith_M
23-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I've got a bit of a madcap, wacky notion for those that have to either buy or collect tickets on the night.

If you get there early and fancy a drink before the game, how about collecting/buying them before you go to the pub? You never know, it might save a bit of time for both you and others.

:duck:

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I've had my tickets for ages so much so I'm gonna get the iron out to spruce them up a bit.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I've had my tickets for ages so much so I'm gonna get the iron out to spruce them up a bit.

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 06:08 PM

Be careful - the plastic might melt.

silverhibee
23-07-2013, 06:10 PM
You know my vocab far too well :greengrin

That's me being polite about them :greengrin family board n'all that. :greengrin

Good luck with Kim. :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
23-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Not got one yet scoops, will pick our tickets up early on Thursday from one of the pods. It was today the club went out and told folk it was pointless joining the queue as the shop was shutting.

I do realise that the club aren't covering themselves in glory by doing this but a lot of people could have helped themselves (and therefore helped others) by doing something about it long before now.

I do have sympathy for those turned away, it happened to me an Brooster two days on the bounce when we went to sort out cup final tickets last season.

Hopefully those who were turned away will manage to get their hands on tickets for the game.

I don't see why they couldn't get staff to split shifts tomorrow now that they realise the demand, surely two people could do say 9am to 3pm and another two do 3pm to 9pm.

.Sean.
23-07-2013, 06:13 PM

For a university graduate who has excelled in your chosen occupation you are missing a lot of points.

People have had time to book tickets via internet or phone and have their tickets mailed out. If more had done this then the collection queue on the night would be smaller.

PF and players that made rallying calls for fans to turn out probably thought fans would have enough savvy to be able to get their hands on tickets. Evidently not.

In your case all you had to do was get me, Stevie, Sean or any of the East Lothian Hibs to help you out.
I'm no helping him, I like my peace and quiet these days. He's a bit wild :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Got my tickets last week in my ST seat :wink:

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 06:19 PM

I seem to remember some Yam melting his ticket by doing that..:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 06:19 PM
I do realise that the club aren't covering themselves in glory by doing this but a lot of people could have helped themselves (and therefore helped others) by doing something about it long before now.

I do have sympathy for those turned away, it happened to me an Brooster two days on the bounce when we went to sort out cup final tickets last season.

Hopefully those who were turned away will manage to get their hands on tickets for the game.

I don't see why they couldn't get staff to split shifts tomorrow now that they realise the demand, surely two people could do say 9am to 3pm and another two do 3pm to 9pm.

I just don't understand anyone turning money away? :confused:

3pm
23-07-2013, 06:20 PM

It's only money!

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 06:25 PM
It's only money!

When you have lots of it

DavieB
23-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I was turned away at the shop at 4.00pm with probably 30 - 40 still in the queue. I take on board all the comments re booking on-line and going down earlier on but the fact remains that fans are being turned away because we have the usual shambles at Easter Road when tickets are on sale for a game. Two people on the desks for the tickets when it is so busy is just amateurish in the extreme, temps should have been brought in, the ticket office opened and there would not be a problem.
Yet again the fans are being treated badly, people are on holiday, working or whatever so to close the shop at 5.00pm is a nonsense. Incidentally the ticket price goes up by £5 on Thursday!

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 06:33 PM
It's only money!

When you have lots of it

:faf:

When we were in business, we never turned money down. Its not as if we as a club are loaded, and the club did ask us to come out and support the team in this match.

As i said before, turning money down is not in my nature and just daft in my opinion. :confused:

bingo70
23-07-2013, 06:33 PM

Perfectly normal for shops in all industries to close at a particular point in the day ;-)

Sorry but I dinnae get the fuss, if you're cutting it fine to get to the shop before they close buy online and get the ticket sent to you or get someone to go for you.

Plenty about hibs piss me off, I wish we'd sign a striker and build a helipad for a start but for the life of me I can't see why people find it difficuilt to buy a ticket for easter road the now, It's simple?!

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Perfectly normal for shops in all industries to close at a particular point in the day ;-)

Sorry but I dinnae get the fuss, if you're cutting it fine to get to the shop before they close buy online and get the ticket sent to you or get someone to go for you.

Plenty about hibs piss me off, I wish we'd sign a striker and build a helipad for a start but for the life of me I can't see why people find it difficuilt to buy a ticket for easter road the now, It's simple?!

At the end of the day it does not affect me, i will be getting my ticket from a pod on Thursday. Where it affects some folk is like this game, and as has been shown some folk have been turned away.

As most folk (not all) work between the hours of 9-5, it seems pretty daft to sell tickets for something when most folk can't get there.

A simple restructuring of the hours the ticket office opens would be simple to apply, it does appear there is a demand for this.

lucky
23-07-2013, 06:41 PM
With 10000 tickets available, its very poor play from Hibs not being better organised. A couple agency staff in for 4 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday from 5pm would not have cost a lot and we would have shifted a few hundred more tickets

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 06:42 PM
It looks like we have sold over 5.000 in the last 2 days. If we can sell similar in the next 2 days, looking like a terrific crowd!

heretoday
23-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I presume it's all ticket? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

bingo70
23-07-2013, 06:46 PM
At the end of the day it does not affect me, i will be getting my ticket from a pod on Thursday. Where it affects some folk is like this game, and as has been shown some folk have been turned away.

As most folk (not all) work between the hours of 9-5, it seems pretty daft to sell tickets for something when most folk can't get there.

A simple restructuring of the hours the ticket office opens would be simple to apply, it does appear there is a demand for this.

Is a restructuring of the ticket office really required? Is it a problem often enough so it needs addressed?

I'd hope if its the same tomorrow the staff might be a bit more flexible but I can fully understand why they wouldn't at such short notice.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Is a restructuring of the ticket office really required? Is it a problem often enough so it needs addressed?

I'd hope if its the same tomorrow the staff might be a bit more flexible but I can fully understand why they wouldn't at such short notice.

I don't think it's ideal to be selling tickets from the shop, when we have the old TO round the corner with upto 4 windows to sell them. On one hand the club want you to buy online, on the other they put the TO in the shop in the hope that you'll buy something!

cabbageandribs1875
23-07-2013, 06:49 PM
when i was in yesterday i heard the lassies say on a few occasions that last week was very quiet and they weren't really expecting it to be as busy this week either, i'm in no doubt that yesterdays sad event(LR) have increased the numbers wanting to be in attendance :agree: maybe the staff couldn't do extra hours as they had something already arranged

rcarter1
I presume it's all ticket? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

You can buy a ticket online until wednesday midnight, or at the stadium 10-5pm tomorrow for 15£. It will also be pay at the gate, but the tickets will be £20.
Folk getting turned away at 4pm due to queues so shifting well.

blackpoolhibs

Its was needed today, as you say it might not be needed much, but there will be times it is, and they have to be more flexible at any given time imo.

down-the-slope
23-07-2013, 07:01 PM
You can buy a ticket online until wednesday midnight, or at the stadium 10-5pm tomorrow for 15£. It will also be pay at the gate, but the tickets will be £20.

:yawn: its not its TO only.....

You can buy tickets on day from pods beforehand though......

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 07:11 PM

Pods? Activated Season Cards? Beam me up Scotty....

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Only if its not sold out before then

Famous Fiver
23-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I had a really good idea last Friday!!!! I work 9 to 5 so I thought, might be busy at the TO next week, and I can't get there before 5, so I decided to go on Saturday. Flash of inspiration!!! Checked opening hours on the web site, popped down to the shop on Saturday morning shortly after it opened at 10. 5 in the queue before me, I was in and out in 10 minutes, lovely smile from the girl who sold me the tickets. Sorted!!!!! Ooh, ooh, ooh to be............

GlenrothesHibee
23-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Out of interest, what was the attendance at the 1st leg in Malmo?

bingo70
23-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I had a really good idea last Friday!!!! I work 9 to 5 so I thought, might be busy at the TO next week, and I can't get there before 5, so I decided to go on Saturday. Flash of inspiration!!! Checked opening hours on the web site, popped down to the shop on Saturday morning shortly after it opened at 10. 5 in the queue before me, I was in and out in 10 minutes, lovely smile from the girl who sold me the tickets. Sorted!!!!! Ooh, ooh, ooh to be............

Could you not have tried a bit harder to make it more complicated?

Squealing pig
23-07-2013, 07:27 PM
FACT needs to be in capitals or it means **** all

Cheers

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 07:28 PM

TBF that was a sound strategy, and expertly executed. :clapper:

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 07:30 PM

Over 8,000 of which 532 were Hibs supporters

GlenrothesHibee
23-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Over 8,000 of which 532 were Hibs supporters

Thanks mate. Wonder how many Malmo will bring

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks mate. Wonder how many Malmo will bring

Over 500 I've been told

Dunderhall
23-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Shouldn't have posted your foolproof plan, wait until you see the queues the next time you try. :greengrin

WHAM
23-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Haha.

I meant to order my tickets last week Uncle Scoop and get them delivered out. However, I was too busy travelling the continent and flying the EL Hibs Flag in Sweden to get round to it :wink:

Got round to buying the tickets when I got home but thought collection would be safer given the timescale than getting posted out. I might just have to queue a bit longer on thursday than I originally anticpated due to my poor planning but I will be at the game nonetheless. Looking forward to it.

See you soon for an ELST day out.:flag:

WHAM
23-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Haha.

I meant to order my tickets last week Uncle Scoop and get them delivered out. However, I was too busy travelling the continent and flying the EL Hibs Flag in Sweden to get round to it :wink:

Got round to buying the tickets when I got home but thought collection would be safer given the timescale than getting posted out. I might just have to queue a bit longer on thursday than I originally anticpated due to my poor planning but I will be at the game nonetheless. Looking forward to it.

See you soon for an ELST day out.:flag:

PS. We're gonna take the HUB!

ronaldo7
23-07-2013, 07:40 PM

It was just over 8,000:aok:

Glory Lurker
23-07-2013, 08:00 PM
It looks like we have a challenger to uber fans in the annoying, looking-down-nose stakes - the uber-organised fan. I can barely bring myself to think about how unbearable an uber-organised uber fan must be! It's a monster! :greengrin

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 08:22 PM
It looks like we have a challenger to uber fans in the annoying, looking-down-nose stakes - the uber-organised fan. I can barely bring myself to think about how unbearable an uber-organised uber fan must be! It's a monster! :greengrin

Imagine all of that. In a Hearts top. :faint:

.Sean.
23-07-2013, 08:50 PM
PS. We're gonna take the HUB!
Again?

jabis
23-07-2013, 08:52 PM

probably been posted,but,notices on the door,"no queuing after 4.30pm",went on monday"nae joy! went today "nae joy".............they should have another at the till,but hey ho....be up there tommorow morning :greengrin.............so if the rest of the late call riff raff could stay in bed,till I have my ticket,it would very much be appreciated :aok:

Col2
23-07-2013, 08:52 PM

Do you know if they are added to season ticket card to avoid need to pick up physical ticket?

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Do you know if they are added to season ticket card to avoid need to pick up physical ticket?

Not sure how it works as I dont have a season ticket.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Heard the ticket office will be open tomorrow! Can anyone shed light on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Liams
23-07-2013, 08:57 PM
This weather minus the thunder and lightning could make for a great game under the floood lights!

derek0762
23-07-2013, 08:59 PM

If you purchase your own seat, it gets added to your card.

Col2
23-07-2013, 09:04 PM
If you purchase your own seat, it gets added to your card.

Thanks

Glory Lurker
23-07-2013, 09:08 PM
This weather minus the thunder and lightning could make for a great game under the floood lights!

Oh dear, oh dear. Didn't get that at first, but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :greengrin

Are you rehearsing for the yam fringe gig? That's about the standard I'd expect!

YehButNoBut
23-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Hibs confirm over 10,000 tickets sold so far.

#LetsMakeEasterRoadBounce

Dunderhall
23-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Hibs confirm over 10,000 tickets sold so far.

#LetsMakeEasterRoadBounce

FTFY :greengrin
We confirm, they claim.

hibeedonald
23-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Hibs need to do the sensible thing here and change it to 5/15 on the day of the game aswell.

Eternal Hibbie
24-07-2013, 07:03 AM
probably been posted,but,notices on the door,"no queuing after 4.30pm",went on monday"nae joy! went today "nae joy".............they should have another at the till,but hey ho....be up there tommorow morning :greengrin.............so if the rest of the late call riff raff could stay in bed,till I have my ticket,it would very much be appreciated :aok:

You get yourself down there today Jabis, bright and early - widnae be the same without you.

You know what I'm talking about. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jones28
24-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Hibs need to do the sensible thing here and change it to 5/15 on the day of the game aswell.

And have the ticket office and shop open till late tonight. What's wrong with paying staff for an extra few hours if it means selling 500 extra tickets? Sell 20 and you've recouped your staff costs already ffs!

hibs4thecup1988
24-07-2013, 07:35 AM
The ticket office is open today. Confirmed by girl on the main phone number yesterday. Opens at 10

Brightside
24-07-2013, 08:45 AM
If you all bought season tickets you wouldnt have to queue up for anything... :aok::aok:

cabbageandribs1875
24-07-2013, 08:55 AM
If you all bought season tickets you wouldnt have to queue up for anything... :aok::aok:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthefat/media/download_sounds/ooh.wav

woody0-7
24-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Guys any idea if when picking up tickets if you have to wait in big line or is there a separate line for picking up only????

Cauld Bovril
24-07-2013, 09:35 AM

I have a season ticket, i just enjoy the company in queue :greengrin
Got served after about a ten minute wait this morning, wasn`t too bad but the queue is quickly growing.

TrinityHibs
24-07-2013, 09:40 AM

I've got a season ticket and will be picking up at ER as I'm in a different seat.:aok::aok:

Brightside
24-07-2013, 09:52 AM
I've got a season ticket and will be picking up at ER as I'm in a different seat.:aok::aok:

Why are you in a different seat? #DISGRACE

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I think we are looking at a decent crowd tomorrow, there are hardly any tickets left in the east. And the rest of the ground is filling up nicely too. :thumbsup:

hibees59
24-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Heading down in an hour to get our tickets, let's make the place rock :flag:

scott_hfc1875
24-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know if I buy the tickets during the day tomorrow they will still be £15

Spender
24-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know if I buy the tickets during the day tomorrow they will still be £15

according to the official site today is the last day at the £15 price point.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

ginger_rice
24-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm beginning to panic, ordered tickets on line last Friday, to be delivered first class post they still not arrived which is really unusual!

IWasThere2016
24-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I think we are looking at a decent crowd tomorrow, there are hardly any tickets left in the east. And the rest of the ground is filling up nicely too. :thumbsup:

Yup - limited options for 3 together. Ended up in FF Upper. Only singles for main areas of East and West.

hibee_girl
24-07-2013, 10:50 AM
They have opened a collections only window now but it's taking longer than the huge queue for ticket sales!

reidy
24-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Wasn't expecting the queue to be this big for the time of day.

ginger_rice
24-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Now I'm getting angry!! tried calling the ticket office to find out if tickets have been posted out and after being on hold for several minutes get a message which says "all our agents are busy call back later" :confused:

Aldo
24-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Here's one. Bought the tickets online but may not be in town till nearer KO. Can someone else pick them up if I give them the reference number. Tried phoning but constantly engaged??

KeithTheHibby
24-07-2013, 11:12 AM
They have opened a collections only window now but it's taking longer than the huge queue for ticket sales!

Happened to me this morning as was picking up on behalf of a friend. I reckon the problem is if you ordered online yesterday or later then the physical ticket won't have been printed as yet which is fair enough.

Steady queues of at least 100 from 10am till 1045am so if that keeps up will see a great crowd.

Bishop Hibee
24-07-2013, 11:29 AM
After queueing to get 2 tickets for one of my brothers and No 2 son I'm revising my prediction of the crowd upwards from 10K to 15K+. Good effort.

LioNeilMessi
24-07-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm unlikely to be able to get down before 7pm tomorrow due to work in Dundee. Initially I thought picking up on the night wouldn't be an issue but it seems to be on here that I might miss KO with that approach, would PATG be a safer bet? As a student I don't mind paying the extra fiver for a ticket on the night :cb

Deek9
24-07-2013, 11:54 AM
20 minutes Q just now.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Just back from getting my tickets.

My heart sank when I saw the length of the queue, maybe 60 people or so, but the ticket office did a good job of speeding us along.

4 windows were open for direct sales and a fifth was provided for collections.

In total, it took me 30 minutes.

West and East stands already have limited availability, mostly in the outside sections, and the queue will be there all day so I agree with Bishop's post above.

I think there will be a sizeable crowd tomorrow so the atmosphere should be great, as long as we don't lose an early goal. :paranoid:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Now I'm getting angry!! tried calling the ticket office to find out if tickets have been posted out and after being on hold for several minutes get a message which says "all our agents are busy call back later" :confused:

They're very busy. :agree:

rcarter1
24-07-2013, 11:55 AM
They are fair shifting! :thumbsup:

Was worried we might only get 9K or so at one point. East is a few hundred shy of full, the FF is around half full, and the non-corporate West is well over half by now. Total looks over 11K and rising.. :flag::flag:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm unlikely to be able to get down before 7pm tomorrow due to work in Dundee. Initially I thought picking up on the night wouldn't be an issue but it seems to be on here that I might miss KO with that approach, would PATG be a safer bet? As a student I don't mind paying the extra fiver for a ticket on the night :cb

http://bit.ly/139AmqK

:wink:

hibees59
24-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Just back and a steady queue, expect to be in the queue for 30-45 mins if you're going down during lunch hour. Didn't ask how many were sold as the staff looked a bit frazzled (but were very efficient and friendly!).

ginger_rice
24-07-2013, 12:06 PM
They're very busy. :agree:

Which in one way I should be pleased about, all I want is for someone to tell me my tickets were posted out on Monday or Tuesday, have tried emailing ticket office to see what that brings. I suppose saying angry was a bit much, it's more that they don't appear to have queueing system on the phone lines. Got to say that over the years I've always had a great service from the ticket office.

LioNeilMessi
24-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Thanks.

However I'm not much further forward in gaining info on how long queues are expected to be for collection 45 mins before Kick off, and if PATG queues are likely to be substantially shorter. Or Maybe I'm not using Google right :confused:

Ozyhibby
24-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm in the q just now and it's fairly long. Prob about 30mins.
Should be a good crowd.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm in the q just now and it's fairly long. Prob about 30mins.
Should be a good crowd.

Check your PMs. :aok:

brian6-2
24-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks.

However I'm not much further forward in gaining info on how long queues are expected to be for collection 45 mins before Kick off, and if PATG queues are likely to be substantially shorter. Or Maybe I'm not using Google right :confused:

you wont get any help here mate. you clearly have a life outside hibs and thats unnacceptable to be honest.

Spender
24-07-2013, 12:20 PM

:top marks quality retort

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks.

I don't think anyone can answer that. You now have all the information anyone else has.

45 mins before KO would seem long enough to me, but i'm only guessing. If Hibs suddenly sign Leigh Griffiths it'll be sold out before 5.00pm.

It's not PATG anyway.

You still need to buy a ticket at the pods.

patlowe
24-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised at how ticket sales are going. If the e-ticketing system is anything to go by then we are looking at a pretty decent crowd - I wonder if the opportunity to pay tribute to Mr Reilly has boosted sales somewhat.

Makaveli
24-07-2013, 12:39 PM
As best as I can see, our highest European attendance since 1975 is 18k vs Liege in 89/90.

We won't get that but hopefully not a million miles off the Dnipro (16.9k) or AEK (16.5k) crowds.

Most recently we had 12.5k in three stands vs Maribor in 2010, and the last game against Swedish opposition (Elfsborg, 2008) drew 7.8k. Good to see we're smashing these. :agree:

[Figures are from various sources, ihibs, wikipedia etc]

Ozyhibby
24-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Only the two end blocks available in the East now.

rcarter1
24-07-2013, 12:56 PM
As best as I can see, our highest European attendance since 1975 is 18k vs Liege in 89/90.

We won't get that but hopefully not a million miles off the Dnipro (16.9k) or AEK (16.5k) crowds.

Most recently we had 12.5k in three stands vs Maribor in 2010, and the last game against Swedish opposition (Elfsborg, 2008) drew 7.8k. Good to see we're smashing these. :agree:

[Figures are from various sources, ihibs, wikipedia etc]

Mingin crowd! :embarrass

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Mingin crowd! :embarrass

There was torrential rain that day, iirc.

The game was under threat.

joe breezy
24-07-2013, 01:00 PM
why not make it pay at the gate to get it as full as possible?

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Lots of cameras down here at ER, queue back too entrance at main stand.

Andy74
24-07-2013, 01:03 PM

I think it is but it goes up to £20.

Spender
24-07-2013, 01:03 PM

you can still pay at the gate , you buy a ticket from the pod/booths right up until ko, there is no cash gates anymore as the club were being robbed by the turnstyle operatives.

jgl07
24-07-2013, 01:04 PM
It will be pay at the pod as per usual.

lord bunberry
24-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Is the queue for collections as big as the other queues?

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Is the queue for collections as big as the other queues?

No. 5 minute wait mate. 40 minute wait to buy tickets. East is sold out according to woman at TO.

DarrenSQH
24-07-2013, 01:25 PM
No. 5 minute wait mate. 40 minute wait to buy tickets. East is sold out according to woman at TO.

Plenty for the east on the online ticket finder at either end. Only says 1 section is sold out.

BarneyBreslin
24-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Plenty for the east on the online ticket finder at either end. Only says 1 section is sold out.

looks like less than 100 across the whole stand, mostly single seats.

jgl07
24-07-2013, 01:37 PM

I would hardly say plenty.

There is one seat in Block 40, 13 in Block 39, 26 in Block 38, 27 in Block 37, 6 in Block 42, 3 in Block 43, 31 in Block 44, and 36 in Block 45. Most of those are individual seats. That could be totally gone by this evening.

It is much the same in the centre of the West Stand with Block 5 sold out and very few seats available in Block 3, 4, 6, 12, 13, and 14.

At this rate there could be very few seats left for pay at the pod tomorrow. Maybe they will consider opening the South Stand?

Hibby Gav
24-07-2013, 01:49 PM
does anyone know if it's ok for someone to pick up the tickets on your behalf? I'm trying to get through to the tickets office to ask but it's engaged all the time...thanks in advance !

jamieross
24-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Just bought 4 tickets in the east for the game. :thumbsup:

hibeesathampden
24-07-2013, 01:52 PM
does anyone know if it's ok for someone to pick up the tickets on your behalf? I'm trying to get through to the tickets office to ask but it's engaged all the time...thanks in advance !

Yes. They don't need ask for ID. As long as the person picking it up knows your address and booking ref you'll be fine!

Saorsa
24-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I'll be purchasing 6 When i arrive back in the UK tomorrow.Hope you didnae have tae wait too long in that queue today :greengrin

StarMan10
24-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Think at this rate opening a section of the South could be a very real possibility.

Hibby Gav
24-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes. They don't need ask for ID. As long as the person picking it up knows your address and booking ref you'll be fine!

thanks mate !

hibIBZ
24-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Think at this rate opening a section of the South could be a very real possibility.

Hopefully. Supporters in all 4 stands would add to the atmosphere plus more cash

Hermit Crab
24-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I've just got a swap at work and can now make the game. Doesn't look like I'll get my own ST seat as I can't get to ER before tomorrow night. :(

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 02:07 PM

I did ask her twice but she was adamant there was none left.

Got two in the West.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I've just got a swap at work and can now make the game. Doesn't look like I'll get my own ST seat as I can't get to ER before tomorrow night. :(

Will your seat still be held for you anyway?

If it is, there may be a load more seats which show as being unavailable, but are actually seasons which haven't been taken up.

jamieross
24-07-2013, 02:11 PM
I did ask her twice but she was adamant there was none left.

Got two in the West.

I told the young lad on the phone i was looking at the online seat finder and just told him the section i saw the seats in and he booked them there and then :aok:

1875Hibees
24-07-2013, 02:13 PM

If it is, there may be a load more seats which show as being unavailable, but are actually seasons which haven't been taken up.
No.

Keith_M
24-07-2013, 02:13 PM

There was a deadline for holding ST seats, which has already passed.

Alex Trager
24-07-2013, 02:14 PM
In looking forward to this

1875Hibees
24-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Its going to be a great atmosphere.

davhibby
24-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Great to see people are turning out for this, surely the team will be inspired by a big home crowd

ian cruise
24-07-2013, 02:18 PM
There was torrential rain that day, iirc.

The game was under threat.

The Elfsborg game was ridiculous weather, rain, wind, baltic. Add our terrible performance and its one of my worst trips to Easter road, mainly as I'd taken some non Hibs supporting friends on hopes of swaying them but it was not to be.

jgl07
24-07-2013, 02:19 PM

They will show as 'available' until taken up by the season ticket holder or purchased by someone else.

Hermit Crab
24-07-2013, 02:20 PM

I'm on a mobile device so can't see the seats it automatically allocated a seat.

Jim44
24-07-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm picking up tickets before the match but the website says the shop closes at 5pm. Am I right in thinking opening hours will be extended on Thursday? I can't get through to ask the horse's mouth.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Hows the Famous Five and West selling up then, good?

brian6-2
24-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm picking up tickets before the match but the website says the shop closes at 5pm. Am I right in thinking opening hours will be extended on Thursday? I can't get through to ask the horse's mouth.

i done the same mate but was gutted to find the horse took a sickie today because of flu.

ticket office open right up untill k/o tomorow :thumbsup:

trev the hat
24-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Looks like Hibs are filling in the corners of the East 1st before selling remaining few scattered about, good tactic & fully expect a sold out East , remember the Pars game cpl yr back it was good, tomorrow will be rammed.
Superb !!

dp00
24-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Just drove past easter road and there is a pretty big que at ticket office

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

mutley
24-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Looks like Hibs are filling in the corners of the East 1st before selling remaining few scattered about, good tactic & fully expect a sold out East , remember the Pars game cpl yr back it was good, tomorrow will be rammed.Superb !!I just had a quick look on the online ticket sales, East looks pretty full, with the sides of the West empty but the rest filling up, and the FF seem to have a fait amount of space available.With the reported queues at the ticket office, I'm not sure how often the online system is updated.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 02:43 PM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2683

It looks to me like there are only about 40 seats left in the east and they're mostly singles.

hibeedonald
24-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I just had a quick look on the online ticket sales, East looks pretty full, with the sides of the West empty but the rest filling up, and the FF seem to have a fait amount of space available.With the reported queues at the ticket office, I'm not sure how often the online system is updated.

Its pretty much instant, had a look a few hours ago and you can notice a big difference looking now.

Hibs07p
24-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I think there will be a very healthy crowd.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2683

GGTTH

46 left in the east.

hungryhibs
24-07-2013, 02:49 PM
have got mine and my sons tickets waited about 20 mins couple of cameras there as well its going be bouncing the morn just hope the players are up for it :pfgwa

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Cant wait :pfgwa :flag:

madabouthibs
24-07-2013, 02:53 PM
:flag::flag:
At last, Hibees are coming out in good strong numbers, This should be a good 'un! :top marks
I remember a last minute demand for the AEK game too, I offered my mate a ticket in the West, which he declined, and then 3 or 4 days later he was on the blower in the hope I still had it,which I didn't. He ended up sitting in the South coz the rest of the ground sold out. :thumbsup:

patlowe
24-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Whatever the crowd ends up being, a full East will make a huge difference to the atmosphere IMO. The Hearts game in the cup is testament to this IIRC.

happiehibbie
24-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I have tickets for the east as close to the section 43 as possible really looking forward to it lets hope we get an early goal and see what happens

Hermit Crab
24-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Got 2 tickets it west upper but could get nowhere near my s/t seat. Hey ho, at least I'm going :D

wookie70
24-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Bit of a shambles down at the collection queue. Each envelope seemed to take 5 attempts confirming the surname to finally find it. I eventually got my envelope and it only had 3 tickets rather than 4. I was told that one of the tickets was on my card. I asked if they meant season ticket and got a weak reply confirming this. I was supposedly meant to be consoled when told that this had happened a few times already today. Got the distinct impression I was being fobbed off. No idea why they would do this as I have 3 season tickets and ordered all four tickets for the game at the same time. I can see the pantomime tomorrow when I try to swipe 3 different tickets to get in before I presume being refused entry. So much for going down today so I never had to queue up tomorrow before the game. I will have to make sure I leave plenty of time just in case.

Must do better on the report card for the Ticket Office from my point of view.

brian6-2
24-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Bit of a shambles down at the collection queue. Each envelope seemed to take 5 attempts confirming the surname to finally find it. I eventually got my envelope and it only had 3 tickets rather than 4. I was told that one of the tickets was on my card. I asked if they meant season ticket and got a weak reply confirming this. I was supposedly meant to be consoled when told that this had happened a few times already today. Got the distinct impression I was being fobbed off. No idea why they would do this as I have 3 season tickets and ordered all four tickets for the game at the same time. I can see the pantomime tomorrow when I try to swipe 3 different tickets to get in before I presume being refused entry. So much for going down today so I never had to queue up tomorrow before the game. I will have to make sure I leave plenty of time just in case.

run for the hills mate. :wink:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Only about 20 seats left in the East! :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2013, 03:32 PM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

1. If you are purchasing your own seat your card will be activated and the game will be added to your Season Card which can then be used at the gates on the day. (No postage or collection necessary).

2. If you are purchasing additional tickets you will need to select collect or postage and you will receive a printed ticket which can then be posted out or collected.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Only about 20 seats left in the East! :thumbsup:

Excellent :flag: