PDA

View Full Version : James Collins signed by Hibs (Confirmed)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Mikey
25-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Welcome to Hibbs James.

Already looking forward to the meltdown thread when we sell him for £1.5M in a couple of years.

Yep.

2013 - Sign him and we can sell him for a profit in 2 years time.

2015 - Hibs have no ambition.

Andy74
25-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Andy mate, you just called it 'kickback'! C'mon man play the game. :faf:

Ps does smokecrack die with their club ?

Oops sorry. What does the stupid name mean anyway and what has it got to do with the yams?

Franck Stanton
25-07-2013, 03:31 PM
You can just feel the jealousy coming from those puddle-drinking, window lickers. They cannae afford a packet of crisps never mind £200,000 for a player - [ not that they are allowed to sign a payer anyway]. I am just surprised they can even read that we have bought a player.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2013, 03:36 PM
A lot of backtracking going on on Kickback. Started off with the fact he was a decent player and no way could we afford him. Now he is probably on a par with the likes of O'Brien and Donaldson.

Lots of Hibs are in more financial trouble than we are chat. Brilliant. They even laugh about financial experts on here with no hint of irony.

I love the guy who says that what we don't realise is 'a mortgage and loans are still debt, if they stop paying them theu can still go into administration'.

Yes, my simple friend, IF we stop paying. Unlikely.

IWasThere2016
25-07-2013, 03:36 PM
good to have you on board Jammes :aok:

:faf: Hibbs class mate :wink:

kdhibees1
25-07-2013, 03:39 PM
A great signing. I very much look forward to seeing him on the park next season. GGTTH!!!
Also haha yamboids. Your bitterness is a dish best served cauld wi a huge cherry oan the toap!!

clerriehibs
25-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Oops sorry. What does the stupid name mean anyway and what has it got to do with the yams?

It's what you get when you accept a bribe; lying, cheating, thieving in other words.

Possibly the most appropriate fans forum name, ever.

Waxy
25-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Greatt signning forr uss. Wellcome Jammes.

Hibs7
25-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Also haha yamboids. Your bitterness is a dish best served cauld wi a huge cherry oan the toap!!

Seconded !!

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 03:55 PM
They're now criticising Collins' car.

17th of June 2013 is the day their club died.

Dinamo Bucharest pissed on their grave shortly after.

brydekirk
25-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Greatt signning forr uss. Wellcome Jammes.

I see what you didd

--------
25-07-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=3713040)manaliveits105, on 21 July 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:
The hubz fans give it the big we are not a secretarian club but are happy to let fenloan head towards his dream of 11 paddies playing for themwhilst destroying young scottish footballers carreers

This is my favourite post on that thread so far. :not worth

Beefster
25-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I love the guy who says that what we don't realise is 'a mortgage and loans are still debt, if they stop paying them theu can still go into administration'.

Yes, my simple friend, IF we stop paying. Unlikely.

Collective IQ of 45. I reckon all this "Hibs are going soon" mince is a coping strategy to get them through the stress and embarrassment of seeing their club hawked about with all the dignity of a second-hand dildo.

In the meantime, Hibs have just shelled out the sort of money that they can only dream of having, never mind spending, for a new striker and are warming up for a European game.

jacomo
25-07-2013, 04:35 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=3713040)manaliveits105, on 21 July 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:
The hubz fans give it the big we are not a secretarian club but are happy to let fenloan head towards his dream of 11 paddies playing for themwhilst destroying young scottish footballers carreers

That is a belter.

Diet Huns in every way.

Treadstone
25-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Did we no rescue a young scottish player called Fraser from some sh*thole of a club ?

Viva_Palmeiras
25-07-2013, 04:39 PM
:faf: Hibbs class mate :wink:

Hibbs? Well At least it shows he's clinical ;). [medical jokey thingy]

--------
25-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Did we no rescue a young scottish player called Fraser from some sh*thole of a club ?

I believe so. Of course there's that celebrated Irish midfield player O'wain Tudur Jones ...

Isn't he Irish?

We're so nasty to young Scots players that we only have a dozen or so on the brink of breaking into the first team.

I'd still like to know what exactly a 'secretarian' club is. Maybe it's one where you have to know the handshake and the password before they let you into the stadium?

stoneyburn hibs
25-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Wee team splashes the cash, big team bakes cakes. Enjoy next season Yams.

SaulGoodman
25-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Just noticed the title

Bob Box Fish
25-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Should make around 200k from tonight's gate so his transfer fee dosent really count ;)

--------
25-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Should make around 200k from tonight's gate so his transfer fee dosent really count ;)

Rod's decided he can do without his helipad for one more year. :flying:

ancient hibee
25-07-2013, 05:17 PM

So we owe it to ourselves really-doesn't count then.

--------
25-07-2013, 05:25 PM
So we owe it to ourselves really-doesn't count then.

PLEASE don't start. :rolleyes:

I have it on the best of broken-backed authority that NO Scottish football club other than Celtic can possibly pay £200k for a player.

We are clearly living beyond our means.

The bailiffs are at the door. :greengrin

hibees 7062
25-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Collective IQ of 45. I reckon all this "Hibs are going soon" mince is a coping strategy to get them through the stress and embarrassment of seeing their club hawked about with all the dignity of a second-hand dildo.

In the meantime, Hibs have just shelled out the sort of money that they can only dream of having, never mind spending, for a new striker and are warming up for a European game.

:faf:

Dav1986
25-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Just noticed the title

Me too. Brilliant!

Bostonhibby
25-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Are Lithuanians Scottish?

Onceinawhile
25-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Happy we've got a striker in, still need one more imo though. Know nothing about the guy, so hope he is worth the fee.

Good luck James!

Hillsidehibby
25-07-2013, 06:31 PM
You can just feel the jealousy coming from those puddle-drinking, window lickers. They cannae afford a packet of crisps never mind £200,000 for a player - [ not that they are allowed to sign a payer anyway]. I am just surprised they can even read that we have bought a player.

Freudian Slip?

nonshinyfinish
25-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Bit late to this party, but anyway (it's not a gif, admin pricks):

I'm being serious.

http://i.imgur.com/ualUfqi.jpg?1

stokesmessiah
25-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Christ knows what he is thinking right now.

Onceinawhile
25-07-2013, 09:34 PM

Sitting at home furiously googling the name 'Richard brittain'

bigwheel
25-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Sitting at home furiously googling the name 'Richard brittain'

Ha...That made me laugh...didn't think anything would tonight! Thank you!

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 10:00 PM
He's put in a transfer request already.

Chuck Rhoades
25-07-2013, 10:12 PM
He'll be thinking what the **** have a let myself in for. ****ing shambles

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2013, 10:14 PM
is it true he's put in a transfer request already

nonshinyfinish
25-07-2013, 10:34 PM
is it true he's put in a transfer request already

If you're seriously asking that question, maybe it's time for bed.

frazeHFC
25-07-2013, 10:37 PM

Wonder at what goal it crossed his mind though.. he certainly won't have enjoyed that anyway!

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2013, 10:37 PM

oh dear :faf:

Leithenhibby
25-07-2013, 10:38 PM

:top marks

Something that has made me smile on this horrid night....... :wink:

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Some boy who looked very like Collins was seen frantically searching shops for an eraser that rubs out pen!!

AlbertK86
25-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Lets hope this guy can be the focal point of our team .... We desperately need one

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 11:14 PM

Bit of a whoosh moment that. ;)

nonshinyfinish
26-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Bit of a whoosh moment that. ;)

Considering the carnage on here last night, and considering that he posted it in the form of question a couple of posts after you first said it (where it was clearly a joke), I don't think it would have been a safe assumption that he wasn't serious.

(Where was that thread where someone was complaining that every thread is full of people getting whooshed and then claiming that they are the whoosher and not the whooshee? Seems to be accurate. :greengrin)

CRAZYHIBBY
26-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Collins wants out........says he signed the contract under duress

BarneyK
26-07-2013, 08:33 AM

I heard he's getting the Trading Standards Agency involved - saying that Hibs tried to pass themselves off as a footballing club... :dunno:

ballengeich
26-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Fenlon out! Duress in!

Andy74
26-07-2013, 09:46 AM
So, when are they going to brave enough to announce this one? It has been rather pissed on! :greengrin

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 09:50 AM
So, when are they going to brave enough to announce this one? It has been rather pissed on! :greengrin

I'd put my money on Monday, to start the week with something positive and try and get a couple of extra folk in the gate on Sunday. If you are a casual fan though and went last night, that motherwell game is on TV so the chances of any random positive fans coming through the gate have all but vanished. Crowd of 10k max

silverhibee
26-07-2013, 09:50 AM

He will be announced on Monday along with the new manager.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 09:51 AM
There was supposed to be a press conference today to show off the new player but everyone's gone into hiding.

Fenlon's in Ireland, Petrie's at the moustache waxers and Collins is at his lawyers.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 09:51 AM
He will be announced on Monday along with the new manager.

Please, please, please, please, please let this not be a joke.

MB62
26-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Fenlon out! Duress in!

My feelings this morning are that we have just wasted £200,000 in signing J.C. and that money would have been much better spent paying off P.F. to end his contract.

Andy74
26-07-2013, 10:24 AM
My feelings this morning are that we have just wasted £200,000 in signing J.C. and that money would have been much better spent paying off P.F. to end his contract.

Away. A physical striker with a good scoring record is exactly what we need. Well, one of thethings we need. Paying off a amanger insterad is certainly not what we require to be wasting any more cash on. Some drivel being written this morning. Shocking, shocking result, but there are more ways to react than sacking folk.

WhileTheChief..
26-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Nah, not in this case. He just has to go. No more excuses.
I'd certainly prefer to spend £200k on a new manager.
Paying Fenlon off won't be expensive.

Speedway
26-07-2013, 10:56 AM

If the bit in bold was deliberate, it was very clever.

He's thinking he's got guaranteed income in the shape of a three year contract where he'll only serve 18 months for good behaviour to get a move to a real club and has escaped a skint club and has a lot of Edinburgh totty to work through in that time.

SlickShoes
26-07-2013, 11:03 AM
According to his Twitter he signed for "Hibbs" so is that Malta one or is there another version of us tucked away somewhere?

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 11:06 AM
According to his Twitter he signed for "Hibbs" so is that Malta one or is there another version of us tucked away somewhere?

It's a roofing company (http://www.hibbscontracting.com/) in New York.

Apparently, they'd heard the expression, 'you'd have to have a slate loose to support Hibs'......

MB62
26-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Away. A physical striker with a good scoring record is exactly what we need. Well, one of thethings we need. Paying off a amanger insterad is certainly not what we require to be wasting any more cash on. Some drivel being written this morning. Shocking, shocking result, but there are more ways to react than sacking folk.

It was said a bit tongue in cheek Andy, and absolutely nothing against J.C. signing, think he might actually form a good partnership up front with Vine. However, I'm past trying to defend the indefensible and P.F. has shown me nothing in his time as manager that he is moving us on in the right direction. I would say we have some better quality players in now than when he arrived but he has not got a clue how to use them to the best of their ability. Neither does he seem to know how to change a game that is going wrong for us, the Falkirk semi-final was more a 'last throw of the dice in panic' change as the game was already gone. If we had lost that game, I doubt P.F. would have survived, I only hope his stay of execution is now up.

Zazu62
26-07-2013, 11:31 AM
So what is actually going on? Signed ? Not signed ? Anyone want to let me know cheers

Beefster
26-07-2013, 11:39 AM
So what is actually going on? Signed ? Not signed ? Anyone want to let me know cheers

According to Sky, we are in talks with Swindon. Not sure why if we had previously agreed a fee with them and the player thinks he's signed.

Maybe Rodders is trying to renegotiate the fee.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 11:40 AM
According to Sky, we are in talks with Swindon. Not sure why if we had previously agreed a fee with them and the player thinks he's signed.

Maybe Rodders is trying to renegotiate the fee.

Or Collins has changed his mind and is desperately trying to find a way out of the contract.

Andy74
26-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Or Collins has changed his mind and is desperately trying to find a way out of the contract.

Not a chance. I'm fairly sure he knows things like this happen. He was still on twitter last night after the game thanking all the people he knows who had been sending him good luck messages.

He says he has signed, I doubt today is the day for the club to try and come out with some lovely quotes from PF aboout him!

YehButNoBut
26-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Article in the Scotsman

James Collins ready for Hibs challenge

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/james-collins-ready-for-hibs-challenge-1-3016656

THE Republic of Ireland Under-21 internationalist James Collins last night declared he was thrilled to have joined Hibs after penning a reported three-year deal.

With the Easter Road club remaining firmly tight-lipped on the proposed move, the Swindon Town striker was said to have been the subject of an agreed £200,000 bid earlier in the week.

The English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town and League One newcomers Rotherham United also showed interest in the former Aston Villa trainee, and wages initially looked like they could prove a stumbling block.

However, following two days in the capital for negotiations and a look around the club’s stadium and East Lothian training centre, the Coventry-born youngster has apparently agreed to try and fill the boots of 28-goal Leigh Griffiths.

Collins said on social media: “I’m happy to have signed for Hibs. It’s been a good couple of days in Edinburgh. I’m looking forward to the challenge of the SPFL and meeting up with the team soon.

“Thanks for all the welcome messages as well.

“Also a thank you to Swindon Town, I enjoyed my time there a lot, with the lads, fans and club, and I wish them all the best this season.”

Collins scored 18 goals in 51 appearances for Swindon last season, including a hat-trick in the 4-3 Capital One Cup victory over Stoke City in August and four goals in the 5-0 hammering of Portsmouth on New Year’s Day in League One. The 6ft 2in marksman, who was farmed out to Darlington and Burton Albion while with Villa, also netted 24 times in an 18-month stay with Shrewsbury Town, but is aware he has his work cut out to make as big a mark on Hibs as predecessor Griffiths.

In an interview earlier this week, he said: “If I did end up going to Hibs it would be a big challenge for me. Leigh Griffiths did really well for them and I’m aware of that.”

hibeesjoe
26-07-2013, 04:05 PM
You would have thought on the back of last nights humping hibs would have officially announced his signing today

Andy74
26-07-2013, 04:09 PM
You would have thought on the back of last nights humping hibs would have officially announced his signing today

Nah, wouldn't sound right with the quotes from Fenlon and Hibs being delighted about anything today. Give it the weekend and try to start next week afresh.

Keith_M
26-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Not a chance. I'm fairly sure he knows things like this happen. He was still on twitter last night after the game thanking all the people he knows who had been sending him good luck messages.

He says he has signed, I doubt today is the day for the club to try and come out with some lovely quotes from PF aboout him!

That was actually a tongue in cheek comment, but we don't have a :tongue-in-cheek: smiley :wink:

YehButNoBut
27-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Starting to find this situation a bit strange as the player has said he has signed for us, the press seem to think he has signed for us but Hibs are saying nothing.

Can't imagine what Collins is thinking about all this, has he trained with us, does anyone know for sure what's going on?

lucky
27-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Hibs PR is awful. This guy is quoted in the press and has spoken on twitter about signing but Hibs have said nothing. You really have to wonder what's going on at ER. This will be the most expensive signing in Scotland this year bar Celtic. He must also be in the top 10 most expensive Hibs signing of all time. But say nothing

Heisenberg
27-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I'd guess we didnt want to announce him on Thursday due to it being a game day and also a day in which we would be celebrating the life of our greatest ever striker, hardlly the time to bring out our new guy. We could've done it on Friday had we not just been humped 7-0 at home and after that it was hardly the time to wheel him out with people all saying how happy they are etc. Probably be announced on Monday?

Danderhall Hibs
27-07-2013, 10:08 AM
PR/media guy's on holiday?

mutley
27-07-2013, 10:20 AM
There was little paragraph in the DR today quoting him saying he wants to fill LG boots .

Strange nothing on fishy site though!

Danderhall Hibs
27-07-2013, 10:26 AM
There was little paragraph in the DR today quoting him saying he wants to fill LG boots .

Strange nothing on fishy site though!

That means he's not signed then. We've been told often enough that Hibs only comment on fact, not speculation.

Lmc2105
27-07-2013, 10:30 AM
That means he's not signed then. We've been told often enough that Hibs only comment on fact, not speculation.

Wouldnt surprise me if we found out on transfer deadline day with the summer transfer round up on the fishy site :greengrin

Eyrie
27-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Wouldnt surprise me if we found out on transfer deadline day with the summer transfer round up on the fishy site :greengrin

By which point Collins will already have played five games and scored eight goals for us.

Billychaotic182
27-07-2013, 11:53 AM
This is awful pr from hibs

JHFC
27-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Could I ask what does 'PR' mean? Seen it about recently but have been clueless.

hibees59
27-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Public Relations

Pat 0-7
27-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Public Relations

hibs0666
27-07-2013, 01:47 PM
PR Is the least of our concerns at the moment unfortunately

malagahibby
27-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Had he signed we would have been told .
hibs never comment unt it's done .
expect official news on Monday with a new centre half - hopefully !

Sas_The_Hibby
27-07-2013, 01:59 PM
By which point Collins will already have played five games and scored eight goals for us.

:greengrin:greengrin

YehButNoBut
27-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Had he signed we would have been told .
hibs never comment unt it's done .
expect official news on Monday with a new centre half - hopefully !

Hopefully he had signed before Thursday night, if not he's bound to be having a re-think. :greengrin

California-Hibs
27-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm beginning to become slightly worried that he has infact not yet officially signed. Very strange for Hibs not to announce anything yet, I know our PR is bad but this is now a good few days after it's been confirmed and he's not just a run in the mill type of signing, we've actually splashed cash on him!

C'mon Hibs get it sorted, along with a new centre half please! :greengrin

greenpaper55
27-07-2013, 09:02 PM
PR Is the least of our concerns at the moment unfortunately
Do you not mean RP !

scoopyboy
27-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm beginning to become slightly worried that he has infact not yet officially signed. Very strange for Hibs not to announce anything yet, I know our PR is bad but this is now a good few days after it's been confirmed and he's not just a run in the mill type of signing, we've actually splashed cash on him!

C'mon Hibs get it sorted, along with a new centre half please! :greengrin

He has been officially signed, he has not been officially announced.

Alfred E Newman
27-07-2013, 09:35 PM
PR/media guy's on holiday?

We have a PR guy? If it was up to me I would rip up this deal and keep the money for the next manager.

Waxy
27-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Maybe a massive offer to wolves for Griffiths to say sorry to the fans?
Then parade both next week?
I'll let them off with Malmo if they do this.

Danderhall Hibs
27-07-2013, 10:26 PM

C'mon scoops - it's been said often enough. It's not official until Hibs say so.

Maybe it's fallen through.

scoopyboy
28-07-2013, 12:51 AM
C'mon scoops - it's been said often enough. It's not official until Hibs say so.

Maybe it's fallen through.

If he was registered with the SFA but Hibs hadn't announced it then it would be official.

If Hibs told us it was Tuesday and it actually was Tuesday I would wager they would be 7 or 14 days out.

When was the last time Hibs announced a signing on the official web site that we didn't know about first, whether it be a new player or a current player signing a new deal?

When I retire I think I'll do it for them for free, at least that way it will be done right and on time:greengrin.

California-Hibs
28-07-2013, 01:31 AM
If he was registered with the SFA but Hibs hadn't announced it then it would be official.

If Hibs told us it was Tuesday and it actually was Tuesday I would wager they would be 7 or 14 days out.

When was the last time Hibs announced a signing on the official web site that we didn't know about first, whether it be a new player or a current player signing a new deal?

When I retire I think I'll do it for them for free, at least that way it will be done right and on time:greengrin.

So he's signed for sure? No need to worry?

--------
28-07-2013, 05:29 PM

:wtf:

If in fact he HAS been 'officially signed', why on earth hasn't the club announced it?

Because I don't know about anyone else, but I am heartily sick of these continual 'has he/hasn't he' threads on this and other fans' forums debating whether we have or have not signed a player.

Who the blazes is running the club - the three wise monkeys?

Waxy
28-07-2013, 05:30 PM

If in fact he HAS been 'officially signed', why on earth hasn't the club announced it?

Because I don't know about anyone else, but I am heartily sick of these continual 'has he/hasn't he' threads on this and other fans' forums debating whether we have or have not signed a player.

Who the blazes is running the club - the three wise monkeys?Perhaps a few monkeys.Not sure if they're wise.

Bobby's Cinema
28-07-2013, 05:40 PM
what on earth is going on with this then

1875STEVE
28-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I reckon it will be tomorrow.

Thecat23
28-07-2013, 05:46 PM
The deal is done 100%. Why it hasn't been announced is pretty strange. When it comes to Hibs announcing players have signed its usually about 3 weeks after us, the press and the folk on the international space station already know.

Mikey
28-07-2013, 05:48 PM
The deal is done 100%. Why it hasn't been announced is pretty strange. When it comes to Hibs announcing players have signed its usually about 3 weeks after us, the press and the folk on the international space station already know.

Any idea if he has trained yet?

Mikey
28-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Here's one for the conspiracy theorists, which could be blown away by a 9am announcement tomorrow morning :greengrin.......

Year end is 31st July so if he's "officially" signed on 1st August it's into the next financial year :wink:

Andy74
28-07-2013, 05:54 PM

Given everything this week I don't blame them leaving this until the new week!

Wheat Hound
28-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Perhaps an impending change of manager has affected the deal?

scoopyboy
28-07-2013, 06:02 PM

Who the blazes is running the club - the three wise monkeys?

I'm just telling you the way it is, you would have to ask the club why they haven't announced it.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2013, 06:03 PM
For heaven's sake, chill out folks. Half of you sound like bairns having a tantrum. But mummy, I want to know now, I want to know now. :dummytit: :greengrin

What difference does it really make if Hibs announce today or tomorrow?

Maybe the registration hasn't been confirmed by the SFA/SPFL or whoever.

Maybe, like me, they didn't think the day after our Europa humping would be fair on the boy.

Maybe they're dotting the i's and crossing the t's with Swindon.

Maybe Swindon have accepted our offer verbally, but it needs to be formalised by the lawyers.

Maybe they don't work weekends.

There could be a million reasons, but complaining about Hibs PR is silly, imo. Hibs know fine well, that fans are desperate for news of new signings, of course they do, and they will want to announce it as soon as they can.

There doesn't always have to be someone or something to blame.

God Petrie
28-07-2013, 06:10 PM
For heaven's sake, chill out folks. Half of you sound like bairns having a tantrum. But mummy, I want to know now, I want to know now. :dummytit: :greengrin

Maybe, like me, they didn't think the day after our Europa humping would be fair on the boy.

Maybe Swindon have accepted our offer verbally, but it needs to be formalised by the lawyers.

There could be a million reasons, but complaining about Hibs PR is silly, imo. Hibs know fine well, that fans are desperate for news of new signings, of course they do, and they will want to announce it as soon as they can.

Totally agree - don't see the rush. Especially considering any announcement would have been lost in the post-Malmo fallout.

Onceinawhile
28-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Maybe its because it was delayed not to take away from the malmo game/ a tribute to Mr Reilly, and then after our humping it was thought not best for the Friday. Folk on here would be raging if we had announced it on Friday Ffs.

Scoopy and the player say its done. Chances are... It's done.

jakeshibs
28-07-2013, 06:18 PM

fantastic reply

Treadstone
28-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Maybe its because it was delayed not to take away from the malmo game/ a tribute to Mr Reilly, and then after our humping it was thought not best for the Friday. Folk on here would be raging if we had announced it on Friday Ffs.

Scoopy and the player say its done. Chances are... It's done.

Probably delayed because no representative of the club would want to man up after Thursday while things are still a bit raw. I don't blame them.

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Absolutely bored with this, hopefully he turns out to be more hassle than he's worth.

snooky
28-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Or maybe we're just mushrooms, as per norm :wink:

--------
28-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Here's one for the conspiracy theorists, which could be blown away by a 9am announcement tomorrow morning :greengrin.......

Year end is 31st July so if he's "officially" signed on 1st August it's into the next financial year :wink:

He can sign a contract that brings him to the club on August 1st as soon as agreement's reached. That's when the club should announce - not have everyone hanging on wondering.

People are being urged to by ST's when they don't know who'll be playing next season. If there's agreement, say so. NOT saying so leaves folks wondering whether there's an agreement at all.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2013, 06:24 PM

Could be something in that

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Absolutely bored with this, hopefully he turns out to be more hassle than he's worth.

Are we there yet mum ? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

truehibernian
28-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Hopefully it's being delayed so Hibs can sign 4 more attacking players all of whom have an abundance of pace and skill and all of whom can find there way into the oppositions box and score a bloody goal now and again :greengrin

Glad he has signed but to be quite frank it's only scratching the surface of what's needed in what is a very very impotent squad of footballers.

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Are we there yet mum ? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Haha exactly!
I'm getting to the stage where I don't care either way, just seems really unprofessional, from the club to the player.

fishybeaver
28-07-2013, 06:29 PM
hope you have got that quote the wrong way round... My take is that there will be a press conference, in the next coule off days to/announce him, Claros and one other.

i have no inside info its just my guess....

down-the-slope
28-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Is it possible that Rod wants to check Pat is staying? would look a bit odd if we announce a signing and 2 days later manager (who recommended player) is off :confused:

(pure speculation of course)

Andy74
28-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Is it possible that Rod wants to check Pat is staying? would look a bit odd if we announce a signing and 2 days later manager (who recommended player) is off :confused:

(pure speculation of course)

No, he has already signed. Simply wasn't a fair time to announce.

Part/Time Supporter
28-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Just thinking that, after Thursday night, it's a different JC* that Hibs need now.

:wink:

(* no, not John Collins)

truehibernian
28-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Just thinking that, after Thursday night, it's a different JC* that Hibs need now.

:wink:

(* no, not John Collins)

If we did PTS I fear Rod would be tearing his wee moustache hairs out on getting the first electricity bill for East Mains and wonder why an order of those wee blue tanning goggles has appeared on his desk to authorise :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
28-07-2013, 07:44 PM
If we did PTS I fear Rod would be tearing his wee moustache hairs out on getting the first electricity bill for East Mains and wonder why an order of those wee blue tanning goggles has appeared on his desk to authorise :greengrin

No, not Tangoman either.

scoopyboy
28-07-2013, 07:47 PM
No, not Tangoman either.

The man that has dealt with a cross perhaps:greengrin

jdships
28-07-2013, 07:52 PM

Can't argue with that take
GOOD POST :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
28-07-2013, 09:53 PM
No, he has already signed. Simply wasn't a fair time to announce.

I wasn't suggesting he hadn't. Just that announcing the signing just before (maybe) manager leaving might look odd?

Hibby 2005
28-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Probably delayed because no representative of the club would want to man up after Thursday while things are still a bit raw. I don't blame them.

Got it in one. We could have signed Messi and it would have been delayed after the farce that just happened.

snooky
28-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Got it in one. We could have signed Messi and it would have been delayed after the farce that just happened.

.....for £150k - FACT!

:stirrer:

KWJ
29-07-2013, 12:15 AM
I reckon he has signed and that it'll be announced soon but I wonder how feasible it is for players to use twitter now to their advantage in negotiations.

Hibs are desperate for good news. Collins is seeking more money that Hibs aren't willing to pay. Collins says on twitter that he's already signed and the fans have some much needed good news. Hibs can't afford not to give him the extra cash and cave in. Or they hold off and say that he never did sign and the fans go mental.

Twitter gives the players more power for sure.

But aye, unlikely.

Auckland Hibs
29-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I reckon he has signed and that it'll be announced soon but I wonder how feasible it is for players to use twitter now to their advantage in negotiations.

Hibs are desperate for good news. Collins is seeking more money that Hibs aren't willing to pay. Collins says on twitter that he's already signed and the fans have some much needed good news. Hibs can't afford not to give him the extra cash and cave in. Or they hold off and say that he never did sign and the fans go mental.

Twitter gives the players more power for sure.

But aye, unlikely.

Taken from the Scotsman's story on Fenlon being lucky to still be the manager;

Liam Craig was regarded as a good signing because of his form with St Johnstone last season. Owain Tudur Jones had some outstanding performances for Caley Thistle. New strikers Rowan Vine and James Collins will have a tough task to come close to matching Leigh Griffiths’ contribution last season, but, having been signed, they will be given a chance to prove their worth.

Still nothing official from the club? :confused:

KWJ
29-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Either going by the players tweet or David Hardie & Bathgate have had confirmation from within Hibs.

I'm 90% sure he's a Hibs player. This should mean 0% to anybody here though.

And there's only a 50/50 chance of that.

Pat 0-7
29-07-2013, 08:41 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/5038805/Ill-Coll-shots-as-new-Leigh.html

And still nothing from the club???? :confused:

PeterboroHibee
29-07-2013, 08:56 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/5038805/Ill-Coll-shots-as-new-Leigh.html

I have to admit I cant think of any other deal where a player has been fairly vocal about signing a deal (both on social media sites and also giving an interview!), and yet the club have been silent on it. Very strange.

Hibby Gav
29-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Either going by the players tweet or David Hardie & Bathgate have had confirmation from within Hibs.

I'm 90% sure he's a Hibs player. This should mean 0% to anybody here though.

And there's only a 50/50 chance of that.

But 63% of statistics are made up !

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:04 AM
But 63% of statistics are made up !

75% of people don't believe that.

54% do.

22% don't know.

The rest don't care.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Peter Odemwingie.

Hibby Gav
29-07-2013, 09:10 AM
75% of people don't believe that.

54% do.

22% don't know.

The rest don't care.

Is that a fact ? :wink:

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Is that a fact ? :wink:

Hibs.net fact.

S'troo. End Of.

Mikey
29-07-2013, 09:52 AM
It's odd that there's been no annoucement yet. I'm leaning towards an announcement after year end.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 09:54 AM
It's odd that there's been no annoucement yet. I'm leaning towards an announcement after year end.

Maybe they want to parade him in a Hibs shirt, but he's refused to part with the £39.99.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Maybe they want to parade him in a Hibs shirt, but he's refused to part with the £39.99.

More likely that they have nothing left in his size.

Phil MaGlass
29-07-2013, 09:57 AM

hahaha.....:greengrin

cloudy
29-07-2013, 09:59 AM

Or the fact the clubstore dnt have any in his size because he isn't a xxl

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 10:08 AM
This is becoming a farce ... Hibs should either confirm or deny this .. It is showing them up as complete amateurs .. Just like the team last Thursday !!! Ferkin clowns

Onion
29-07-2013, 10:10 AM
This is becoming a farce ... Hibs should either confirm or deny this .. It is showing them up as complete amateurs .. Just like the team last Thursday !!! Ferkin clowns

Thursday's result and LR passing away has put the club in shock.

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Thursday's result and LR passing away has put the club in shock.

A good excuse but I don't believe it !!!!

After last Thursday the pr department should have been in overdrive instead of hiding !

SlickShoes
29-07-2013, 10:17 AM
A good excuse but I don't believe it !!!!

After last Thursday the pr department should have been in overdrive instead of hiding !

It would have been hideous to parade a new signing after getting beat 7-0 at home, can you imagine the press conference? the reception the guy would get?

He has signed because it's all hes talked about on twitter since last thursday morning.

I'd guess hibs will say something today or tomorrow.

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 10:19 AM
It would have been hideous to parade a new signing after getting beat 7-0 at home, can you imagine the press conference? the reception the guy would get?

He has signed because it's all hes talked about on twitter since last thursday morning.

I'd guess hibs will say something today or tomorrow.

It was reported he had signed before the game ... Burying your head in the sand saying it didn't happen is extremely yammish

KWJ
29-07-2013, 10:19 AM

He said he went back down south and is returning today. Reckon we'll see him in a Hibs shirt this afternoon or this evening.

And I do believe that the improved ground and East Mains must've played a huge part in us signing him.

YehButNoBut
29-07-2013, 10:20 AM

It can only be this now, if so will not be announced until Thursday, according to my calendar. :greengrin

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 10:23 AM
He said he went back down south and is returning today. Reckon we'll see him in a Hibs shirt this afternoon or this evening.

And I do believe that the improved ground and East Mains must've played a huge part in us signing him.

That article makes Hibs behaviour even more ludicrous .. Amatuerish behaviour from the club ..

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 10:28 AM
That article makes Hibs behaviour even more ludicrous .. Amatuerish behaviour from the club ..

What difference does it make if they announce him today, tomorrow or even on Thursday? :confused:

Who are they looking amateurish/ludicrous to? :confused:

There could be any number of reasons that they're not in the position to make an announcement yet.

greenpaper55
29-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Maybe there will be another more important announcement before his is confirmed ?.

Wilson
29-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Read somewhere that today is his first day training with his new club. Is it possible he has just not been up here to do the promotional guff that goes along with the announcement?

Fair enough you don't need a press call and a photo of the player waving a scarf to make an announcement. However, everyone knows he has signed so what is the rush really?

Auckland Hibs
29-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Maybe there will be another more important announcement before his is confirmed ?.

Like the Puddle Drinkers down the PBS going into liquidation? :wink:

kaimendhibs
29-07-2013, 11:25 AM
What difference does it make if they announce him today, tomorrow or even on Thursday? :confused:

There could be any number of reasons that they're not in the position to make an announcement yet.

Me! Sick and tired of being taken for a ride by hibs. The support are so sick just now, surely it would make sense to announce a major signing? I presume we are still trying to shift season tickets? Fat chance after Thursday night unless the club get some positive news to the fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE1875
29-07-2013, 11:37 AM

He did say Monday (today) is his first day, so you're maybe right about it being announced today, maybe tomorrow. Have a feeling he wants to get settled first

--------
29-07-2013, 11:49 AM

The player's talking about having signed on his Twitter account. The papers are referring to him as "Hibs' new striker". There's a multi-page thread on this forum debating whether he has or has not signed for Hibs.

This is getting completely silly. :rolleyes:

That the pitch is to be converted into a landing pad for Rod's executive hoverplane?

Read somewhere that today is his first day training with his new club. Is it possible he has just not been up here to do the promotional guff that goes along with the announcement?

Fair enough you don't need a press call and a photo of the player waving a scarf to make an announcement. However, everyone knows he has signed so what is the rush really?

If that's true and he's started training at EM then the club should have said something as soon as the deal was confirmed.

This has developed into a farce.

The Collins situation needs cleared up and ANOTHER announcement - that the club are looking to sign an experienced central defender before the end of the window - made NOW.

Unless, of course the board are pre-occupied with the negotiations for Pat Fenlon's departure? And if HE goes, where does that leave Jimmy Nicholl.

The way the club's being rn, I wouldn't be surprised if we appointed a match-day head of security next ....

http://www.hobo-bonobo.co.uk/topten/images/0810061651494.jpg

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Just been announced... he has signed.

Hibby Gav
29-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Finally ! Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub 49s (https://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub/status/361819338375852032) PIC: Introducing our latest signing, James Collins, who has signed from Swindon Townn #welcomejames (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23welcomejames&src=hash) #hibees (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hibees&src=hash) pic.twitter.com/j8DwmnRJlT (http://t.co/j8DwmnRJlT)

Hermit Crab
29-07-2013, 12:05 PM
@HibernianFCClub: PIC: Introducing our latest signing, James Collins, who has signed from Swindon Townn #welcomejames #hibees http://t.co/j8DwmnRJlT

Treadstone
29-07-2013, 12:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQVwxXECcAAlLyR.jpg

Vault Boy
29-07-2013, 12:08 PM
HibernianFCClub: 'Introducing our latest signing, James Collins, who has signed from Swindon Townn'

Payback for the 'Hibbs' comment I'm guessing. :greengrin

Mr White
29-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome JC, hope to see you getting off to a flying start on Sunday.

Callum_62
29-07-2013, 12:11 PM
finally on official site a full 3 minutes after Twitter. Joke Hibs.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130729/collins-excited-about-move_2262950_3331115

Hes right in there about the facilities too! :thumbsup:

Ghost Written by PETRIE FFS!

Andy74
29-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Anyway, cracking signing. Well done Hibs.

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Excellent! About ****in time!
Hopefully he was worth the wait!

ScottB
29-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I really think the communication strategy at the club is stuck in a pre social media mindset, a common problem in many businesses.

You can't control the flow of information, better to accept that, than get in this situation where it's been widely reported and disseminated for what, a good week, prior to the 'official' announcement.

Still, a great signing, plus forking out a big wedge on the day Hearts bids all fail... 'Pleasing' :greengrin

edinburghhibee
29-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Welcome James good luck

Hermit Crab
29-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I really think the communication strategy at the club is stuck in a pre social media mindset, a common problem in many businesses.

You can't control the flow of information, better to accept that, than get in this situation where it's been widely reported and disseminated for what, a good week, prior to the 'official' announcement.

Still, a great signing, plus forking out a big wedge on the day Hearts bids all fail... 'Pleasing' :greengrin

I'll be putting a wedge on him to score first in the derby.

manx hibee
29-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Welcome James good luck

This^^^^

PeterboroHibee
29-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Perfect comic timing by Rod to announce this on the day Hearts look goosed :thumbsup:!

Seriously though Im glad hes been announced and hopefully he turns out to be a great signing for us. Welcome to the club!!

KWJ
29-07-2013, 12:30 PM
You would have seen confirmation of Collins' arrival FIRST via official club SMS text alerts. Text CLUB HIBS to 88442 (25p/text. To unsubscribe at any time text STOP to 88442).

heh.

frazeHFC
29-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Glad it's all confirmed now, welcome James. :thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
29-07-2013, 12:36 PM
3 year deal. at least we are looking to gain some stability. good signing, hopefully we now have a real threat in the air from set pieces.

Gatecrasher
29-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Welcome James, looking forward to Sunday now :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Anyway, cracking signing. Well done Hibs.

This

rcarter1
29-07-2013, 12:41 PM
3 year deal. at least we are looking to gain some stability. good signing, hopefully we now have a real threat in the air from set pieces.

Good signing, and different to what we've had. Now guys, please work out a game plan that involves creating chances for our strikers/midfielders. Nae more punt it up and look for a Griffiths miracle. :pray:

JustSimplyHibs
29-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome to hell, James.

Here's hoping you aint as injury prone as the others! Look forward to cashing in on you next season with a nice wee tidy profit!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

AlbertK86
29-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome big fella

Looking forward to your partnership with Leigh G when he returns next season !!!!!

DAVE1875
29-07-2013, 01:11 PM
He now has to have a beard-off with Vine to see who deserves the number 9 shirt

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Welcome to hell, James.

Here's hoping you aint as injury prone as the others! Look forward to cashing in on you next season with a nice wee tidy profit!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Give me strength

Hibdan12
29-07-2013, 01:27 PM
great! welcome big man! :thumbsup:

but what number will he be?

JustSimplyHibs
29-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Give me strength

Have a decent night sleep, eat some decent food and go to the gym en!

brydekirk
29-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Welcome to Hibs Potato Head (his nickname btw) #goals.

Craig_in_Prague
29-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Welcome and good luck. You'll need it in this pishy, boring, slow, clueless outfit.

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome and good luck. You'll need it in this pishy, boring, slow, clueless outfit.

Agreed ..this has been handled pathetically .. Everybody knew but Hibs say nothing .. Typical pish PR

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Agreed ..this has been handled pathetically .. Everybody knew but Hibs say nothing .. Typical pish PR

How's it pish PR?

We got gubbed 7 on Thursday.

Announcing his signing on Friday wouldn't have been fair to the player in all the blood letting, and it would, no doubt, have been decried as a ploy to "bury bad news" or whatever.

It gets announced on the next working day.

What would have been the benefit of an earlier announcement? :confused:

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 02:42 PM
How's it pish PR?

We got gubbed 7 on Thursday.

Announcing his signing on Friday wouldn't have been fair to the player in all the blood letting, and it would, no doubt, have been decried as a ploy to "bury bad news" or whatever.

It gets announced on the next working day.

What would have been the benefit of an earlier announcement? :confused:

He was signed before the game and could have been announced then .. Ffs everybody knew about it on his twitter page .. So why wait ??

SlickShoes
29-07-2013, 02:44 PM
He was signed before the game and could have been announced then .. Ffs everybody knew about it on his twitter page .. So why wait ??

Would have been great him coming out at half time when we were 4-0 down eh?

Some of you people need to lighten up, he was signed on Thursday, we got pumped, he was paraded on Monday. WOOP DE DOO! BIG DEAL!

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Is it a big deal?

I don't see it.

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Would have been great him coming out at half time when we were 4-0 down eh?

Some of you people need to lighten up, he was signed on Thursday, we got pumped, he was paraded on Monday. WOOP DE DOO! BIG DEAL!

Who said anything about parading him.. It could have been on the Hibs web page .. It would have made no difference to the result but might have helped people believe we are doing the right thing, and it might have reduced the calls for Fenlons head .. Every one has their opinions and that is mine .. Poor poor pr .. Today's announcement was history !!

Big Sexy Dave
29-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Welcome to Hibs Jamsey boy. Lets hope you can hold the ball up on the half way line until the rest of the team get out the 6 yard box.

Peevemor
29-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Is it a big deal?

I don't see it.

That's what I'm wondering. :confused:

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Who said anything about parading him.. It could have been on the Hibs web page .. It would have made no difference to the result but might have helped people believe we are doing the right thing, and it might have reduced the calls for Fenlons head .. Every one has their opinions and that is mine .. Poor poor pr .. Today's announcement was history !!

Again.... is it a big deal?

An announcement on a webpage?? That would have made all the difference would it? Everyone knew he'd signed. So how would it have made a difference?

hibsbollah
29-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I can understand the rage expressed above :agree:

We've just signed a long term transfer target, a prolific striker whos scored goals over three seasons for two different league one sides, but forget that apparent good news, twitter announced it before the hibs official site. ****ing scandal. Petrie GTF. :grr:

An awful day for the club, right enough.

Oh, I forgot. Welcome Jamesie.

jakeshibs
29-07-2013, 02:59 PM
welcome to our club James and I wish you all the very best for the new season, we need a bit of a lift after Thursday nights performance, hopefully you will get the goals to get us all on the edge of our seats and believing, great business from Hibs to get him on 3 year deal.... :flag:

Hermit Crab
29-07-2013, 03:00 PM
He now has to have a beard-off with Vine to see who deserves the number 9 shirt

Vine might give him the number 9 shirt.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 03:00 PM

We've just signed a long term transfer target, a prolific striker whos scored goals over three seasons for two different league one sides, but forget that apparent good news, twitter announced it before the hibs official site. ****ing scandal. Petrie GTF. :grr:

Magic, isn't it.

There's now official site versus Official Twitter jealousy. :faf:

Also keep up-to-date this summer wherever you are with transfer news via the official Twitter @HibernianFCClub - one of the fastest growing Twitter sites in British football.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Again.... is it a big deal?

An announcement on a webpage?? That would have made all the difference would it? Everyone knew he'd signed. So how would it have made a difference?

We died as a club. Again. :agree:

Bostonhibby
29-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome to our club James, ignore the very recent history, take the trouble to understand the fans, what drives us and what makes them, and might make you a Hibby, it could launch you on to a great career with a lot of great fitba people watching what you do, we have a history of starting some very good players on fantastic careers, respect the fans and club and whatever happens next Hibs will remain a positive experience,
Glory glory.

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 03:10 PM
We died as a club. Again. :agree:

Agree with that, to be honest.

After all what are we all here for if it's not to generate good PR?

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Agree with that, to be honest.

After all what are we all here for if it's not to generate good PR?

Erm, didn't we generate good PR today?

Improved by the news from across the road?

Would it have been good PR to announce it on Friday?

coco22
29-07-2013, 03:12 PM
It is a wee bit funny that hibs report the transfer fee as undisclosed when the figure has been splashed all over every unofficial report for the last week. Who cares though, just an observation.

Welcome big man!

Long road ahead but am sure he's going to make a significant improvement to the team. :thumbsup:

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Erm, didn't we generate good PR today?

Improved by the news from across the road?

Would it have been good PR to announce it on Friday?

Oh dear. My sarcasm wasn't ladelled on thick enough.

It's not having the Rolly Eyes thing on my phone that does it.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh dear. My sarcasm wasn't ladelled on thick enough.

It's not having the Rolly Eyes thing on my phone that does it.

Nah, you were fine.

As soon as I pressed "Submit" I noticed I'd pressed the "knob end" button by mistake!

I just realised too late. :embarrass

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Nah, you were fine.

As soon as I pressed "Submit" I noticed I'd pressed the "knob end" button by mistake!

I just realised too late. :embarrass

I averted that very disaster earlier.

I re-submit my plea to the admins for an I AM BEING SARCASTIC/FACECEOUS smiley.

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Just be thankful I'm not that keen on the 'W' word.

(No not that one!!)

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 03:59 PM
You would have seen confirmation of Collins' arrival FIRST via official club SMS text alerts.

:tee hee:

Sanger
29-07-2013, 06:56 PM

yes well one Jamesie - the bed setters can take the rubber sheets off to tonight

MSK
29-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I averted that very disaster earlier.

I re-submit my plea to the admins for an I AM BEING SARCASTIC/FACECEOUS smiley.10724

GraniteCityHibs
29-07-2013, 07:18 PM

Oh I am all over that, like a rash!

Now if I can just get everyone else to agree to it. I might understand about 10% of what goes on on here.

EuanH78
29-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Oh I am all over that, like a rash!

Now if I can just get everyone else to agree to it. I might understand about 10% of what goes on on here.

You could always just type /sarcasm

Onion
30-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Welcome aboard, James. I hope you enjoy a challenge :greengrin

silverhibee
30-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Will Collins be fit to start the game on Sunday, has he done pre-season with Swindon. :confused:

Vault Boy
30-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Will Collins be fit to start the game on Sunday, has he done pre-season with Swindon. :confused:

I think he played some friendly matches, I'm fairly sure they played him at CB and CM in a couple of them too.

Brightside
30-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Fenlon will play him at LB

YehButNoBut
30-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Interview with JC on Hibs TV, his Irish accent may be hard to understand :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL7E5hQygM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

theonlywayisup
30-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Interview with JC on Hibs TV, his Irish accent may be hard to understand :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL7E5hQygM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

His target is to beat his previous season's total. That was 17 two years ago, and 18 last year. If so, 19 would be a pretty good return for his first season with us.

A hat-trick on the 11th of August would be a good start. :thumbsup:

Hibs07p
30-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the madhouse James.

GGTTH

jamieross
01-08-2013, 07:15 PM

Hibs TV making sure he can play the target man role already...bet he regrets his move now! :cb

Stevie Reid
01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
If he managed to score at hat trick away at Stoke against their physicality, he must surely be able to give SPL defences a torrid time.

sesoim
27-04-2014, 03:11 PM
£200k is a lot (for us) to spend on a League One player with a one in three record. He would have to be on a long contract because we can't afford to lose him for nothing at the end of it.

Motherwell and co manage to get their players for nothing and still finish above us, so if this goes through Fenlon has got no excuses for not being close to second this season.

It does worry me as well that Fenlon only seem sto be interested in the British and Irish market, while other teams are still finding bargains form abroad.

I got huge stick for being the only person to really question the signing of Collins (from page 7 onwards). I wasn't even that critical of him, more the money we spent. I'd rather have been wrong, but maybe people will now accept we ALL have a right to post our opinions, especially when some of us tend to be right :wink:. Let's just hope Butcher can do better with whatever money he is given this summer.

My_Wife_Camille
27-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I got huge stick for being the only person to really question the signing of Collins (from page 7 onwards). I wasn't even that critical of him, more the money we spent. I'd rather have been wrong, but maybe people will now accept we ALL have a right to post our opinions, especially when some of us tend to be right :wink:. Let's just hope Butcher can do better with whatever money he is given this summer.
Clever girl

The_Horde
27-04-2014, 03:27 PM
"I told you so na na na na"

patch1875
27-04-2014, 03:46 PM
He's not a lone striker though, hibs style of play has sapped all his confidence early in the season up front with heffernan he looked decent.

SouthamptonHibs
27-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Collins is brutal. An awful striker. He let us down again today. Bin him ASAP