PDA

View Full Version : James Collins signed by Hibs (Confirmed)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Feed McGraw
24-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Why would he want Rod to play for us...?

Maybe Rod could play the Matty Jack role ? :dunno:

Mr White
24-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Maybe Rod could play the Matty Jack role ? :dunno:

Stick him in goals- nothing gets past rod.

Andy74
24-07-2013, 12:05 PM
His latest twitter pic looks like he has been at the racecourse. If it was yesterday then that's why he is in talks today. If its today then he's not here after all!

The Modfather
24-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Stick him in goals- nothing gets past rod.

I'd see him playing more at the back, he's similiar to McPake in that no matter how many mistakes he makes he's undropable. :greengrin

mim
24-07-2013, 12:26 PM
His latest twitter pic looks like he has been at the racecourse. If it was yesterday then that's why he is in talks today. If its today then he's not here after all!

Does the course look like Musselburgh?

NOLA
24-07-2013, 12:48 PM

Dunno but in the background it looks like billy broon riding a bike wearing a killie trackie?

Alex Trager
24-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Dunno but in the background it looks like billy broon riding a bike wearing a killie trackie?

Racing was yesterday

ahibby
24-07-2013, 12:53 PM
This 'dragging on a bit' thing.

Sunday: Rod gets bid accepted. Rod asks when player can arrive for talks. Arrangements are made for player to arrive Wednesday.

Monday: Club legend passes away.

Tuesday: Tributes pour in for club legend.

Wednesday: Player arrives for talks on schedule.

Wednesday lunchtime: .net reports that things are dragging on a bit.

I blame the newspapers, and tv news for reporting bid has been accepted making us poor wee Hibs fans wait until all the i's ar crossed and t's are dotted to get the final bit of news that will make us smile or even dance and look forward even more to the season ahead. Inpatient Hibs fans? Never known it :wink:

Andy74
24-07-2013, 12:53 PM

No, looks quite nice. :greengrin

ahibby
24-07-2013, 12:54 PM
No, looks quite nice. :greengrin

Watch it, I'm fi Musselburgh:na na:

lord bunberry
24-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Agree with most of this, but is there really a better chance of getting a move to the big time from Hibs, compared to Huddersfield? Surely its easier for a Premiership side to gauge a players ability in the Championship than the SPL.

I'm not so sure, if you look at the number of spl players who have left to join premiership clubs it's a fair few, people like fletcher, goodwillie, MacArthur, mcarthy, salmon, ruddy,and russell. The spl might not be a great standard but if a player stands out up here it does tend to attract decent clubs due to the fact that they won't cost lot's of money. Obviously I left out any rangers and celtic players from that list as they are slightly different.

Allant1981
24-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Slight flaw in your argument- Europe-?, Cup finals-ok, stepping stone-?, Old Firm don't exist, Derbies don't exist any more or at least won't by next season. Others are fair enough though.

We might get through tomo night so yes europe, if he plays well then of course its a stepping stone as bigger clubs will take notice, of course the old firm exist and until hearts go doon the tubes then there will be derby games

CRAZYHIBBY
24-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Ive read that talks were held but players wage demands are high .....also huddersfield and rotherham interested

rcarter1
24-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm not so sure, if you look at the number of spl players who have left to join premiership clubs it's a fair few, people like fletcher, goodwillie, MacArthur, mcarthy, salmon, ruddy,and russell. The spl might not be a great standard but if a player stands out up here it does tend to attract decent clubs due to the fact that they won't cost lot's of money. Obviously I left out any rangers and celtic players from that list as they are slightly different.

Sure, but I would have thought there has been a lot of championship players moving to the Premiership as well. The relatively cost to buy seems a good point, but would that influence the players decision of : SPL or Championship?

Hibs7
24-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Get the distinct feeling this one wont happen ... If all was ok and he wanted to sign it would have been done and dusted by now !! IMHO

Andy74
24-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Get the distinct feeling this one wont happen ... If all was ok and he wanted to sign it would have been done and dusted by now !! IMHO

I think the talking has only begun. Good sign is that there have been no other reported offers.

YehButNoBut
24-07-2013, 02:07 PM
:hmmm:

BBCKheredine ‏@BBCKheredine The #Hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibs&src=hash) manager Pat Fenlon : "a lot of nonsense" in the press about Hibs summer signing targets. Won't comment on striker James Collins

Keith_M
24-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Maybe the prospect of playing a European game against Swansea is the deciding factor, so he's waiting to see if we get through

:greengrin

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I think it's quite positive that it's dragging on a bit, let's be honest if it was just down to money then we probably wouldn't be in the running. we can offer him something that lower end championship clubs can't, a chance to play in Europe, a realistic chance of winning something, a better chance of gaining international recognition and a better chance of gaining a move to the big time. The only thing we can't offer is a big wage but taking a smaller wage now and getting regular first team football may well lead to a bigger wage further down the line.

I would say you would probably be pretty close here, the lad wants to further his career and Hibs will offer this to him but he may have to take a wage cut to come to Hibs, is the lad prepared to do that to further his career at Hibs. ?

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 02:31 PM
This 'dragging on a bit' thing.

Sunday: Rod gets bid accepted. Rod asks when player can arrive for talks. Arrangements are made for player to arrive Wednesday.

Monday: Club legend passes away.

Tuesday: Tributes pour in for club legend.

Wednesday: Player arrives for talks on schedule.

Wednesday lunchtime: .net reports that things are dragging on a bit.

Has it moved on from "SSN Understands".

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 02:33 PM

On the bevvy to. :cb :greengrin

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I think the talking has only begun. Good sign is that there have been no other reported offers.

Are we 100% sure Hibs have made a bid.

All stories seem to be coming from the "SSN Understands" story.

HibeeMG
24-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Are we 100% sure Hibs have made a bid.

All stories seem to be coming from the "SSN Understands" story.

They're not normally wrong about these things to be fair to them.

Hibstrooper
24-07-2013, 04:28 PM
:hmmm:

BBCKheredine ‏@BBCKheredine The #Hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibs&src=hash) manager Pat Fenlon : "a lot of nonsense" in the press about Hibs summer signing targets. Won't comment on striker James Collins

I'm struggling to think who we've been linked to in the press as its all been pretty quiet on the Transfer front.

The only one I can really think of is Taylor and Pat himself admitted we were interested so it seems a bit of an odd comment.

sleeping giant
24-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Getting boring now :-)

bingo70
24-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm struggling to think who we've been linked to in the press as its all been pretty quiet on the Transfer front.

The only one I can really think of is Taylor and Pat himself admitted we were interested so it seems a bit of an odd comment.

Chris Killen

snooky
24-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Getting boring now :-)

Been boring since Collins said he'd "have to think about it".
Bin job - let's move on.

Hibstrooper
24-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Chris Killen

Oh aye I forgot about him. Still it's been pretty quiet on the whole which is disappointing as I like a good juicy bit of transfer gossip, even when it is far fetched.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2013, 04:51 PM
It's all bubbling up nicely for 2nd September. I'm already tumescent.

AlbertK86
24-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Couple of tweets saying Swindon have accepted bids from 3 clubs for Collins.

Only Hibs named

Andy74
24-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Couple of tweets saying Swindon have accepted bids from 3 clubs for Collins.

Only Hibs named

That's that then!

SkintHibby
24-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Been boring since Collins said he'd "have to think about it".
Bin job - let's move on.

Agreed.

Heisenberg
24-07-2013, 05:35 PM
That's that then!

Only two of those rumour twitter pages so far. Nothing from a credible source yet, would definitely end our chances if true though.

Mikey
24-07-2013, 06:00 PM
It's all bubbling up nicely for 2nd September. I'm already tumescent.

I trust you've taken the day off?

bingo70
24-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Think its funny that people want us to go for ambitious targets but expect no other club to be interested in this player, then also expect this player who will have other options to just jump at the chance to sign for a club he's got no affiliation with for what will likely be less money than he could get else where.

We need to accept if we're going for ambitious targets they'll have other options, will want to think of all their options and ultimately may turn us down.

lord bunberry
24-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Sure, but I would have thought there has been a lot of championship players moving to the Premiership as well. The relatively cost to buy seems a good point, but would that influence the players decision of : SPL or Championship?

You may be right but I can't think of many lower end championship players who are now playing in the premiership.

lord bunberry
24-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I would say you would probably be pretty close here, the lad wants to further his career and Hibs will offer this to him but he may have to take a wage cut to come to Hibs, is the lad prepared to do that to further his career at Hibs. ?

I would imagine he knows that coming to er will mean less money than staying down south, the fact that he hasn't dismissed it out of hand means he must be considering it, doesn't mean he will sign for us though.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I trust you've taken the day off?

But of course :greengrin

silverhibee
24-07-2013, 06:46 PM
But of course :greengrin

:banana::nanafunk::nanasplit:

YehButNoBut
24-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Looks like we could be priced out of the Collins deal due to wage demands & Huddersfield & Rotherham look like the other 2 clubs likely to make a bid for him.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/cash-demands-could-scupper-hibs-2084333

Cash demands could scupper Hibs move for James Collins

THE Easter Road club were n the driving seat for the in-demand frontman but could now be priced out of the reckoning.

HIBS are in danger of losing out in their bid to land in-demand Swindon striker James Collins.

The Easter Road side put themselves in pole position to land the former Republic of Ireland Under-21 hitman when they agreed a £200,000 fee with the League One outfit on Monday.

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon sees the 22-year-old as the ideal replacement for former loan star Leigh Griffiths who has now returned to Wolves after finishing last season as the club’s top scorer with 28 goals.

But the player’s wage demands are now proving a major stumbling block and could scupper the deal. And the Edinburgh side now face competition from English sides Huddersfield and Rotherham who are also keen on the former Aston Villa youngster.

Huddersfield boss Mark Robins is a long-time admirer of the striker who banged in 18 goals last season – including a hat-trick against Stoke in the League Cup – after moving from Shrewsbury for £140,000.

The Terriors have not yet made an approach for the player but the Championship side and League One outfit Rotherham are believed to be ready to firm up their interest if Hibs are unable to meet Collins’s wage demands.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Europa league is important but not as important as a week on Sunday against Well.

Especially if we want to qualify for next years EL!

Jones28
24-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Surely the likes of Griffiths, Claros, Deegan and Wotherspoon were taking a fair amount of wages up. Has that all gone on Vine, OTJ and Craig?

Liam89
24-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Exactly! Posters saying that the Europa League isn't as important as the league is ridiculous. That is what we aim for every season only to go out with a whimper and start the next campaign to try and secure a European spot!

ahibby
24-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Surely the likes of Griffiths, Claros, Deegan and Wotherspoon were taking a fair amount of wages up. Has that all gone on Vine, OTJ and Craig?

Your forgetting Mullen? and McGiverns cost will have increased. Not to mention Thomson now being on the wage bill

Frazerbob
24-07-2013, 09:44 PM

This is what I don't get. We play all season with the target of qualifying for Europe then when we do and it comes around, we go on about it still being pre-season and being ready for the SPL is more important.....so we can try to qualify for Europe again. To me, tomorrow night is as big a game as we've had in a couple of years, cup finals excepted.

Eternal Hibbie
24-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Exactly! Posters saying that the Europa League isn't as important as the league is ridiculous. That is what we aim for every season only to go out with a whimper and start the next campaign to try and secure a European spot!

Spot on buddy. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Andy74
24-07-2013, 09:54 PM
This is what I don't get. We play all season with the target of qualifying for Europe then when we do and it comes around, we go on about it still being pre-season and being ready for the SPL is more important.....so we can try to qualify for Europe again. To me, tomorrow night is as big a game as we've had in a couple of years, cup finals excepted.

That's true but we can't help it being early. The whole transfer system doesn't shift because our game is on.

The aim though is to get players now that have us more ready for next year, and the years after that..

hungryhibs
24-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Your forgetting Mullen? and McGiverns cost will have increased. Not to mention Thomson now being on the wage bill

Thompson was always getting money from hibs just not as much as he is now

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2013, 10:02 PM

I agree with this, but where folk have to realise is we are miles away from making the league stages. We are if we are honest quite a way behind Malmo in terms of fitness and are behind them in quality.

I dont know who we have been after apart from what i read on here, and the odd snippet i get from someone who should be in the know.

We have been after Griffiths, we'd all have been pleased as punch if we'd got him. Taylor was another, but we as every club have a limit in what we can pay, and have failed with those 2.

It appears we are after Collins now, but as with all the better players they are weighing up all their options before making their decisions.

If we are to bring in better quality, then i think we are going to have to bite the bullet and wait.

Or we could just bring in the usual dross we have brought in over the last few seasons and go through the same kind of seasons we have just seen.

I want us to start now and build a team that can qualify each season for Europe, but also build a side that can compete in that competition.

We are a long way from that, as are all the clubs in Scotland bar Celtic. We are in what really is the intertoto cup, and probably got one of the hardest draws we could have got. Even if we get through, Swansea will beat us, there is no doubt about that.

We need to be looking at the longer view here, and build a side that might make the league stages, even if we had signed Collins that still wont happen.

Aberdeen did it once a long time ago, it can be done but will take time imo.

R'Albin
24-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Totally agree BH :top marks

gorgie greens
25-07-2013, 07:19 AM
I agree with this, but where folk have to realise is we are miles away from making the league stages. We are if we are honest quite a way behind Malmo in terms of fitness and are behind them in quality.

I dont know who we have been after apart from what i read on here, and the odd snippet i get from someone who should be in the know.

We have been after Griffiths, we'd all have been pleased as punch if we'd got him. Taylor was another, but we as every club have a limit in what we can pay, and have failed with those 2.

It appears we are after Collins now, but as with all the better players they are weighing up all their options before making their decisions.

If we are to bring in better quality, then i think we are going to have to bite the bullet and wait.

Or we could just bring in the usual dross we have brought in over the last few seasons and go through the same kind of seasons we have just seen.

I want us to start now and build a team that can qualify each season for Europe, but also build a side that can compete in that competition.

We are a long way from that, as are all the clubs in Scotland bar Celtic. We are in what really is the intertoto cup, and probably got one of the hardest draws we could have got. Even if we get through, Swansea will beat us, there is no doubt about that.

We need to be looking at the longer view here, and build a side that might make the league stages, even if we had signed Collins that still wont happen.

Can't agree more Gary,love him or loathe him I feel we are making better progress as a club under Fenlon and the player quality is looking better,apart from Claros n Griffiths ,feel we need a Webster or McManus type player at the back and a couple of decent strikers and we won't be too far away.

Part/Time Supporter
25-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Paper round-up on BBC says "Hibs are close to completing the £200,000 deal to bring Swindon striker James Collins to Easter Road. (Various)".

Lucius Apuleius
25-07-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't recall anyone saying it is not important. I do however feel it is another upward step. Avoided elegation, jumped from 11th to 7th and reached another cup final, qualifying for Europe in the process. Next season, finishing 2nd or 3rd or possibly even sustaining the challenge we made pre christmas, another cup final and into Europe better prepared next season would do for me.

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Can't agree more Gary

I can. :agree:

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 08:22 AM
I've been told he has agreed personal terms and he will be a Hibs player by Fri. Not my usual source though but he's usually pretty good.

Andy74
25-07-2013, 08:23 AM
I've been told he has agreed personal terms and he will be a Hibs player by Fri. Not my usual source though but he's usually pretty good.

Sounds good. Looks like a few papers also suggesting its done. Think it will be a case of getting this game out the way first. Would be a decent boost to get him out before the game though.

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 08:26 AM

Great news Cat he looks a good prospect and will surely score a few in the SPFL.

Here's hoping your source is correct and when he is signed for us on Friday he has a tie against Swansea to look forward to. :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
25-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Sounds good. Looks like a few papers also suggesting its done. Think it will be a case of getting this game out the way first. Would be a decent boost to get him out before the game though.

Looking forward to the game a lot. Not long to go.

Liams
25-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Obv saying this with green tinted glass onbut, why would he consider other offers, a team that could be in the next stages of EL with a team thats going places and would be first choice striker rather than trying to make his way into a champship side where he might not be given a full chance to break into a team

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Obv saying this with green tinted glass onbut, why would he consider other offers, a team that could be in the next stages of EL with a team thats going places and would be first choice striker rather than trying to make his way into a champship side where he might not be given a full chance to break into a team

Take the specs off and ask yourself the same question! :wink:

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Take the specs off and ask yourself the same question! :wink:

http://www.rampantscotland.com/SCM/rbs10.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=z8CfX78-pmRIxM&tbnid=gUSkfYzZeOPQAM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rampantscotland.com%2FSCM%2Fr oyal.htm&ei=b-fwUcqsFKqY0QXxoIGwDA&psig=AFQjCNFdlj7BZi7LJ8iwgt_Tr2ZM4G-H0w&ust=1374828783397955)

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 08:56 AM

Was thinking that myself Andy, if he has signed be great boost to the team and fans to bring him out before k.o.

ahibby
25-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Thompson was always getting money from hibs just not as much as he is now

All reports on tv news and papers said otherwise. Reported he played for free to put himself in the window. Even if he did get something then my original post stands because as you point out we are paying him more than last season whether or not it was zero last season doesn't matter.

Jones28
25-07-2013, 09:11 AM

Well said BH

Jones28
25-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Very true, my mistake!

:doh:

The Sea-gull
25-07-2013, 09:24 AM
If Collins does sign, while he is not the known name a lot of us may have been looking for to fill Leigh's boots, we do have to applaud the manager and the board for bringing him in and trust their judgement. To be fair, the Hibs board would not part with that kind of cash unless they are as certain they can be that he will either provide a return in terms of a couple of season's worth of decent performances/goals return and/or a chance to make us a bit of money in the future.

Again, still an if but it would appear his signing will mark the end of our stirker quest with Doyle and Leigh out and being replaced by Vine and Collins. I'm not even going to mention Kuqi as I think he was long replaced in the squad by Handling anyway.

I had concerns over Vine being considered our main goal threat but had no problems in general with his signing as a "second striker" so I am a bit more relaxed with it looking like Collins or another coming in. Even if he doesn't sign it at least shows that Pat recognises a need to get someone else in and is not relying on Vine as our main goal threat.

Don't know a lot about Collins and his stats don't suggest he is a goal machine but for a young player they are decent enough.

So an experienced player who we know can play well in the SPL and a young prospect with potenial to go with our own two home grown talents. On paper at least, it could be worse in terms of striking options for the new season.

Aldo
25-07-2013, 09:27 AM

Good good. Onwards and upwards

Jones28
25-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Fingers crossed this one comes off. Looking more likely if what's said above us true :thumbsup:

joe breezy
25-07-2013, 09:30 AM
The future's bright - the future's green and white

Eternal Hibbie
25-07-2013, 09:33 AM
If Collins does sign, while he is not the known name a lot of us may have been looking for to fill Leigh's boots, we do have to applaud the manager and the board for bringing him in and trust their judgement. To be fair, the Hibs board would not part with that kind of cash unless they are as certain they can be that he will either provide a return in terms of a couple of season's worth of decent performances/goals return and/or a chance to make us a bit of money in the future.

Again, still an if but it would appear his signing will mark the end of our stirker quest with Doyle and Leigh out and being replaced by Vine and Collins. I'm not even going to mention Kuqi as I think he was long replaced in the squad by Handling anyway.

I had concerns over Vine being considered our main goal threat but had no problems in general with his signing as a "second striker" so I am a bit more relaxed with it looking like Collins or another coming in. Even if he doesn't sign it at least shows that Pat recognises a need to get someone else in and is not relying on Vine as our main goal threat.

Don't know a lot about Collins and his stats don't suggest he is a goal machine but for a young player they are decent enough.

So an experienced player who we know can play well in the SPL and a young prospect with potenial to go with our own two home grown talents. On paper at least, it could be worse in terms of striking options for the new season.

Top post. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 09:38 AM
If he has signed and Hibs are worth their salt from a PR perspective, parading him on the pitch pre kick-off would be outstanding and would fire everyone up.

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 09:42 AM
In his 2 spells with Hibs, Derek Riordan averaged a goal every 2.5 games.

Collins average in League One is one in three.

If we get him, I think he'll do very well, particularly as our midfield looks stronger than it has in years.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2013, 10:00 AM

If we get him, I think he'll do very well, particularly as our midfield looks stronger than it has in years.

Do you think the English league 1 is on par with the spl?

Keith_M
25-07-2013, 10:04 AM

Outside of Celtc, sadly, I think it is.

Winston Ingram
25-07-2013, 10:05 AM

Probably the same. Big range in sizes of clubs just more of them

worcesterhibby
25-07-2013, 10:08 AM

Excellent post. The hardest thing for Hibs will be keeping a decent team together if we continue to make progress and reach top three in the next two seasons. Qualify for Europe by coming in the the top three and there is every chance that one or two of our key players will be lured away by cash or a bigger club. We will then have the same problem we have now of trying to sign replacements in a very short time period before our Euro qualifying starts. This is always going to be an issue for a Club of Hibs size and resources. For this reason I actually think it will be a lot easier to come 2nd in the league than it will to reach the league stages of the Europa League (and I don't think it will be easy to come 2nd in the SPL).

Andy74
25-07-2013, 10:12 AM

I think he will also help hold it up and bring the midfield into the game.

Looking at his goals on YouTube if we can get Harris to the bye line he will get on cut backs and get his head on crosses.

Lets hope the good signs are true!

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2013, 10:17 AM
If he has signed and Hibs are worth their salt from a PR perspective, parading him on the pitch pre kick-off would be outstanding and would fire everyone up.

Hearing he has signed but won't be announced until tomorrow, as Club don't want to detract from what will be an emotional night for Lawrie....

JimBHibees
25-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Completely agree it is a massive game and what a brilliant boost if we can turn it around. It is at a poor time of the season though and that needs to be taken into account also.

Speedway
25-07-2013, 11:00 AM
There's two positives that I take out of this signing.

1. The money spent says more about the board's confidence in the manager than anything.

2. Fenlon said yesterday that Hibs were in the hunt 'for a few players' so the squad building is not over yet.

I stand by my '4 players still to come' assertion, of which Collins is looking like the first.

Col2
25-07-2013, 11:00 AM
He has just walked past me while I was waiting for tickets. With agent and he was wearing white t-shirt half length shorts and had a small suitcase.

If it was just for negotiations he wouldn't look so casual IMHO.

99% it was him. As I did a google images search and was spitting image. Fair, short shaved head, 6 foot plus.

Come on!!!!

Speedway
25-07-2013, 11:06 AM
He has just walked past me while I was waiting for tickets. With agent and he was wearing white t-shirt half length shorts and had a small suitcase.

99% it was him. As I did a google images search and was spitting image. Fair, short shaved head, 6 foot plus.

Come on!!!!

6 ft 2 as well. Could be the new Kuqi, only a wee bit slower.

andrew70
25-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Come on!!!!

Hope Rod was taking him to the end of the queue to buy a ticket. Start as he means to go on.
Seriously though, a very good signing once completed.

Speedway
25-07-2013, 11:11 AM
He does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsNE9s3kbU

this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHCZIYQfE2s

then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUagISHV2Fo

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGbL6uX-ie4

But can also offer us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHWMDQySow

Aldo
25-07-2013, 11:14 AM
6 ft 2 as well. Could be the new Kuqi, only a wee bit slower.

Ha ha. He can stand on the penalty spit for all I care as long as he scored goals.

Tell you what though. When he sits in the West the nite, sees a full East and then the atmosphere he will be buzzing.

Get it done Rodders

AngusHibby
25-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Come on!!!!

What's he doing wearing shorts it's pouring! Not sure I want someone who can make such short-sighted decisions at my club

bingo70
25-07-2013, 11:26 AM
What's he doing wearing shorts it's pouring! Not sure I want someone who can make such short-sighted decisions at my club

Skin dries quicker than trousers, we've got a smart cookie on our hands here lads.

Any word on choice of footwear?

spike220
25-07-2013, 11:26 AM

Come on!!!! That was me. He looks a bit like me.:agree:

down-the-slope
25-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Come on!!!!

Proper ITK info...personal sighting (hardly keeping it secret if he is strolling past ticket queue though :greengrin)

down-the-slope
25-07-2013, 11:30 AM
That was me. He looks a bit like me.:agree:

You have and agent :confused: and the requirement for a small suitcase while ticket collecting :confused:

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 11:32 AM
and the requirement for a small suitcase while ticket collecting :confused:

You should have seen the number of tickets he collected...

spike220
25-07-2013, 11:42 AM
You have and agent :confused: and the requirement for a small suitcase while ticket collecting :confused:

:greengrinThe "agent" is my brother in law - yes he is bit of a to$$er. The suitcase is my portfolio of design work I am trying to get a job at the moment.

Col2
25-07-2013, 11:44 AM
The "agent" is my brother in law - yes he is bit of a to$$er. The suitcase is my portfolio of design work I am trying to get a job at the moment.

What colour of trainers are you wearing. I will give you a clue, its not white or grey!?

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 11:45 AM

Surely JC and his agent would have drove in to the car park and straight in the main door at the West and not parked out in the main street. :greengrin

CB_NO3
25-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Surely JC and his agent would have drove in to the car park and straight in the main door at the West and not parked out in the main street. :greengrin
Are you mad? Petrie charges a fiver an hour to park there.

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Did the man JC was with have a hat on with Agent written on it?

Speedway
25-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Did the man JC was with have a hat on with Agent written on it?

No, he was wearing shades, a fedora and a long overcoat. I think him being there was a shhhhhhhsecret.

spike220
25-07-2013, 11:51 AM
What colour of trainers are you wearing. I will give you a clue, its not white or grey!?
I am wearing slip-ons, not trainers (they are blue)

Dunderhall
25-07-2013, 11:57 AM
No, he was wearing shades, a fedora and a long overcoat. I think him being there was a shhhhhhhsecret.

Petrie met them in the west carpark wearing the same.
Both put their suitcases on the ground.

"Is your motherwell"
"bothwell thanks"
"wishaw'"
"bless you"

Picked up each other's cases and walked away.
Signing on fee from ticket sales I heard.

andrew70
25-07-2013, 12:00 PM
@SkySportsPeteO: Swindon striker James Collins has joined Hibs on a 3 year deal. #hibs #stfc

Peevemor
25-07-2013, 12:00 PM
@SkySportsPeteO: Swindon striker James Collins has joined Hibs on a 3 year deal. #hibs #stfc

:thumbsup: About time too!

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2013, 12:01 PM

welcome to Easter Road Mr collins :flag:

pontius pilate
25-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Welcome aboard James. Hope you enjoy the sights and sounds tonight at a packed E.R

Andy74
25-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Looks like its done! :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Welcome :flag::pfgwa

Thecat23
Looks like its done! :agree:

100% done Andy. Source was right after all.

The Sea-gull
There's two positives that I take out of this signing.

1. The money spent says more about the board's confidence in the manager than anything.

2. Fenlon said yesterday that Hibs were in the hunt 'for a few players' so the squad building is not over yet.

I stand by my '4 players still to come' assertion, of which Collins is looking like the first.

Post again based on "if" Collins signs:-

Would love it if your 4 players still to come prediction is true but I can't really see it. If Collins signs then I think we may see one more - a centre half. Maybe there is outside chance of Claros returning or another midfielder but TBH not really sure we need any more midfielders now.

If Collins signs then, squad wise we're looking at:-

GKs - Williams, Murdoch

Full Backs - Clancy (right), McGivern (left), Mullen (right), Stevenson (left)

Centre Backs - McPake, Hanlon, Forster

Defensive Central Midfielders - Jones, Thomson

Attacking Central Midfielders - Taiwo, Robertson

Wide Midfielders/Wingers - Harris, Craig, Cairney, Stanton

Forwards - Collins, Vine, Handling, Caldwell

We have versatility within that too. E.g. Clancy, McGivern can play CB if required. Mullen and Stevenson can push into midfield. Taiwo can play a defensive role in midfield. Craig and Cairney can operate centrally in midfield. Vine and Handling can play advanced wide roles.

We need a centre half badly for quality and quantity purposes though. Sign one of them and then suddenly the squad looks complete and decent on paper in terms of quality and quantity.

The only other alteration I would maybe make to that squad is signing another midfielder instead of regarding Stanton as an out and out first teamer. That said, young players need experience and would be more thna happy to have him involved and review things in Jan.

hibee92
25-07-2013, 12:04 PM
£200k on a striker while the Hearts go bust :flag::flag::flag:

Welcome James! Happy days :hibees:pfgwa

Andy74

Right, no pressure on the guy now! :greengrin

Mr White
Lets hope he's as successful on the park as the last J Collins was for us.

Dunderhall
25-07-2013, 12:05 PM
:thumbsup:for signing.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:for a three year deal. Commitment all round.

3pm
25-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Good. Next.

SteveHFC
25-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Guaranteed to score at least 4goals :greengrin:duck:

PatHead
25-07-2013, 12:07 PM
JC-Welcome to Hibs

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Right, no pressure on the guy now! :greengrin

To be fair I was ready to hammer him if he was wrong haha. Looks like he's got off this time :D

What a welcome he would get if he walks out before the game. He'll be thinking its like that each week!!!!!!

Stevie Reid
25-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Delighted. Knew our patience would be rewarded with a significant bit of business on a striker.

3pm
25-07-2013, 12:09 PM
To be fair I was ready to hammer him if he was wrong haha. Looks like he's got off this time :D

What a welcome he would get if he walks out before the game. He'll be thinking its like that each week!!!!!!

Pity it's not. Could and should be better!

Vault Boy
25-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Brilliant stuff, quite a lengthy contract too, delighted! :thumbsup:

Aldo
25-07-2013, 12:10 PM

Never in doubt

LioNeilMessi
Don't want to take anything away from the tributes/show of appreciation to Reilly tonight but the announcement of JC would be quality, not often we go big on a player. Perhaps a half time announcement?:thumbsup:

Mikey
I'll be happier when the club announces it but it's looking good.

Andy74
25-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Right, how long do we give him? :greengrin

SteveHFC
Never in doubt

As always :smug:

rcarter1
Awesome!!:thumbsup:

Its been a wee while since we had a young, fit, 'proven' goal scoring lump of a man mountain in our armory. Really would love to see the guy vs Hearts. But anyone else is just fine!

:fenlon

Hibs7
Well if it is true I am stunned ... Didn't really expect it, but good on Hibs if done ... A 3 year deal on a 22year old .. If he does the business it is money in the bank plus a big benefit to us the supporters ... Go for it James make a name for yourself just like Leigh !!! But only on the pitch . :aok::wink:

Saorsa
25-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Right, how long do we give him? :greengrinYou mean he gets time? :grr:

Mikey
Right, how long do we give him? :greengrin

Given his choice in trouser length, not long enough :wink:

MB62
Welcome aboard James. Hope you enjoy the sights and sounds tonight at a packed E.R

Delighted at the signing news, once confirmed officially of course. However 'a packed E.R.' tonight? 13,000 tickets sold in a 20,000 stadium is hardly packed. It should still be a good atmosphere but far from being 'packed'.

God Petrie
25-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Delighted at the signing news, once confirmed officially of course. However 'a packed E.R.' tonight? 13,000 tickets sold in a 20,000 stadium is hardly packed. It should still be a good atmosphere but far from being 'packed'.

Probably more 15-16k - out of a possible 17/18k given the south won't be open is relatively packed.

hibeedonald
25-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Fair play to sky sports.

Welcome to Hibs.

Mr White

Full east will make up for gaps elsewhere in terms of noise though.

Aldo

TC think he may get paraded at HT as not to take anything away from the great mans applause etc.

Regardless the guy will see exactly what the clubs meant to the fans and the electric atmosphere we will creat the nite.

Welcome to the family mate.

Aldo
25-07-2013, 12:17 PM
As always :smug:

What nae Gif??

Edit: where's Daffy when you need him!!

Treadstone
25-07-2013, 12:17 PM
TC think he may get paraded at HT as not to take anything away from the great mans applause etc.

Regardless the guy will see exactly what the clubs meant to the fans and the electric atmosphere we will creat the nite.

Welcome to the family mate.

Cannae get paraded at half time else it clashes wi' this.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?268883-Half-time-celebration

green.and.white
25-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Welcome James :flag:

You've only to match Leigh's 28 goals to not get dog's abuse :greengrin

Macaroon
Fantastic news. Let's rock Easter Road tonight and show him what we're about. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
Ok not bad Petrie, now pair him up with Griffiths.

Speedway
25-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Awesome!!:thumbsup:

Its been a wee while since we had a young, fit, 'proven' goal scoring lump of a man mountain in our armory. Really would love to see the guy vs Hearts. But anyone else is just fine!

:fenlon

He'll be our answer to N'Goo and Nade all in one.

Speedway
25-07-2013, 12:20 PM

Many a true word spoken in jest.

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Welcome to Hibs JC http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/religion/t0821.gif

Leithenhibby
25-07-2013, 12:24 PM

The very thought :wink:

Diclonius
I can confidently predict he will score at least five goals at the PBS. :aok:

SteveHFC
What nae Gif??

Edit: where's Daffy when you need him!!

Daffy is saving himself for tonight

Spike Mandela
25-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Nothing on Sky Sports News yet.:confused:

MB62
25-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Full east will make up for gaps elsewhere in terms of noise though.

And no doubt us 'west standers' will have to help you lot out as usual :wink: :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 12:27 PM

Awww dinnae, just dinnae!!!!!

http://www.nerve.com/files/resize/uploads/scanner/291612271KQiTQP_ph-600x450.jpg

Treadstone
25-07-2013, 12:29 PM

A totally insensitive purchase. Given that 200k could be enough to keep some clubs afloat, it's a bit classless to be splashing cash around so blatantly.

We've got to remember there are people much less well off than us. How will this make them feel. They have to bake cakes to put a team on the pitch, while we drop 200k for an unknown striker?

It's the unacceptable face of financial prudence.

Says it all.:greengrin

Hibs7
25-07-2013, 12:29 PM

Behave yourself you !!!! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2013, 12:31 PM

I'm being serious.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm being serious.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luu5tqVGSs1qbqxw5o1_400.jpg

Consider me a spent force.............

sadtom
25-07-2013, 12:33 PM

The 3 home ends hold just under 17k. Having looked at the 'dots' on the ticket availabilty late last night the was, at a guesstimateno more than 1k left. If those go today and if the weather helps the walk up total to the point that Hibbies are in tbe south stand. Then if you add 400/500 malmo fans the the gate will be over 17k at least.
Anyhoo, welcome to the new JC, hope you enjoy it and score a barra load.
GGTTH

Speedway
25-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm being serious.

Glad to hear it.

Macaroon
25-07-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm being serious.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/270/948/d33.jpg

SteveHFC
25-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm being serious.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/869e0b70420c36e95d286062218e387c/tumblr_miwxeif5E91rjxj9ko1_500.gif:wink:

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Have to go now, we are leaving in 20 minutes, or i'd be searching the internet for reply's to all your pish taking. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
I'm being serious.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310650820313.jpg

johncrobertson@
Swindon Advertiser - Must be true!
SWINDON TOWN: Collins signs on with Hibs
1:31pm Thursday 25th July 2013 in Sport (http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/)
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/resources/images/2546082.jpg?type=articlePortraitJames Collins has joined Hibernian
JAMES Collins has completed his move to Hibernian.
The Advertiser understands the striker has penned a three-year deal at Easter Road after a £200,000 bid from the Scottish Premier League side was accepted last week.
http://b3-uk.mookie1.com/0/GroupM-UK/Xaxis_AAC12/AAC12_i.png?EDAA_icon=y
http://b3-uk.mookie1.com/0/GroupM-UK/Xaxis_AAC12/AAC12_en.png?EDAA_icon=y

http://t.mookie1.com/t/v1/imp?migAgencyId=655&migSource=mmind&migRandom=325826996&migTrackDataExt=15314248;7431817&migTrackFmtExt=ad;pl

Ads by Google (http://www.google.com/url?ct=abg&q=https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py%3Fcontact%3Dabg_afc%26url%3Dhttp://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10571941._/%26gl%3DGB%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dca-pub-1163627261638862%26ai0%3DCwvx2eRzxUZDNH8Sd8AOA94Hg CrmH2r0Fqeve5WSR2ZTFYxABIJiS1AwoAlCbzea9-v____8BYLv-yYPcCqAB7-b15QPIAQGpApFb6bcjo7k-qAMBqgSmAU_QyXPP9d4ZciJPFTLeBYCoKpXFFR2HtEuynfgseZ d2tuc8NUxj2-pxeQ8IDztCLuYLcyMwHwz_1ZppUGn_qBRcXnN8DVw6zZh7qOsX kZvQqCkxMQUqy-_rRai0H3-xhhEHkwJEfgL3yDR3vigMqFH3bAWFSy458WqoR9JqrWskwY48X gId_HwLC3HhDtl19Ln7ouwcTE6fd5rbk6dev49qpBlzEiiIBgG AB_mYiho%26ai1%3DCq5gGeRzxUZDNH8Sd8AOA94HgCtnVydgD kdfiiFmD9u6tZhACIJiS1AwoAlCUwZnoBGC7_smD3AqgAe_ogf 0DyAEBqQKRW-m3I6O5PqgDAaoEowFP0OlA5fXdGXIiTxUy3gWAqCqVxRUdh7RL sp34LHmXdrbnPDVMY9vqcXkPCA87Qi7mC3MjMB8M_9WaaVBp_6 gUXF5zfA1cOs2Ye6jrF5Gb0KgpMTEFKsvv60WotB9_sYYRB5MC RH4C98g0d74oDOhR_2QFbSSJ6YbUJa05z2-pzwJl_rXA8j6Xzf6QF9LQgPf9DqGI6U9-anSKLpAnvrneWB6ciAYBgAf5lv4C&usg=AFQjCNFF8S94bgtQ4KfhO9T1n8wX7-aKXQ)

You Could Be Owed £2400 (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=Cwvx2eRzxUZDNH8Sd8AOA94HgCrmH2r0Fqeve5WSR2ZTFYx ABIJiS1AwoAlCbzea9-v____8BYLv-yYPcCqAB7-b15QPIAQGpApFb6bcjo7k-qAMBqgSmAU_QyXPP9d4ZciJPFTLeBYCoKpXFFR2HtEuynfgseZ d2tuc8NUxj2-pxeQ8IDztCLuYLcyMwHwz_1ZppUGn_qBRcXnN8DVw6zZh7qOsX kZvQqCkxMQUqy-_rRai0H3-xhhEHkwJEfgL3yDR3vigMqFH3bAWFSy458WqoR9JqrWskwY48X gId_HwLC3HhDtl19Ln7ouwcTE6fd5rbk6dev49qpBlzEiiIBgG AB_mYiho&num=1&cid=5Ghobvh2DW1LRsdjcI3D9Gke&sig=AOD64_0Z9NMAT5fp1c790Cnnr6Yjanqr4g&client=ca-pub-1163627261638862&adurl=http://bankrefunds.net/capitalone/)Had A Capital 1 Credit Card? You Could Be Owed A Refund
CapitalOne.BankRefunds.net (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=Cwvx2eRzxUZDNH8Sd8AOA94HgCrmH2r0Fqeve5WSR2ZTFYx ABIJiS1AwoAlCbzea9-v____8BYLv-yYPcCqAB7-b15QPIAQGpApFb6bcjo7k-qAMBqgSmAU_QyXPP9d4ZciJPFTLeBYCoKpXFFR2HtEuynfgseZ d2tuc8NUxj2-pxeQ8IDztCLuYLcyMwHwz_1ZppUGn_qBRcXnN8DVw6zZh7qOsX kZvQqCkxMQUqy-_rRai0H3-xhhEHkwJEfgL3yDR3vigMqFH3bAWFSy458WqoR9JqrWskwY48X gId_HwLC3HhDtl19Ln7ouwcTE6fd5rbk6dev49qpBlzEiiIBgG AB_mYiho&num=1&cid=5Ghobvh2DW1LRsdjcI3D9Gke&sig=AOD64_0Z9NMAT5fp1c790Cnnr6Yjanqr4g&client=ca-pub-1163627261638862&adurl=http://bankrefunds.net/capitalone/)

Static Caravans For Sale (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=Cq5gGeRzxUZDNH8Sd8AOA94HgCtnVydgDkdfiiFmD9u6tZh ACIJiS1AwoAlCUwZnoBGC7_smD3AqgAe_ogf0DyAEBqQKRW-m3I6O5PqgDAaoEowFP0OlA5fXdGXIiTxUy3gWAqCqVxRUdh7RL sp34LHmXdrbnPDVMY9vqcXkPCA87Qi7mC3MjMB8M_9WaaVBp_6 gUXF5zfA1cOs2Ye6jrF5Gb0KgpMTEFKsvv60WotB9_sYYRB5MC RH4C98g0d74oDOhR_2QFbSSJ6YbUJa05z2-pzwJl_rXA8j6Xzf6QF9LQgPf9DqGI6U9-anSKLpAnvrneWB6ciAYBgAf5lv4C&num=2&cid=5Ghobvh2DW1LRsdjcI3D9Gke&sig=AOD64_1SacMv_dEfhV0St2cgt5-DvLIS0A&client=ca-pub-1163627261638862&adurl=http://www.park-resorts.com/campaign/ownershipcampaign.aspx%3Futm_source%3Dgdn%26utm_me dium%3Ddisplay%26utm_term%3D%26utm_campaign%3Doyo_ content_contextual%26utm_content%3Dgeneric)Static Caravans at 39 Coastal Parks From £5,995 With 2013 Pitch Fees!
www.park-resorts.com/caravan-sales (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=Cq5gGeRzxUZDNH8Sd8AOA94HgCtnVydgDkdfiiFmD9u6tZh ACIJiS1AwoAlCUwZnoBGC7_smD3AqgAe_ogf0DyAEBqQKRW-m3I6O5PqgDAaoEowFP0OlA5fXdGXIiTxUy3gWAqCqVxRUdh7RL sp34LHmXdrbnPDVMY9vqcXkPCA87Qi7mC3MjMB8M_9WaaVBp_6 gUXF5zfA1cOs2Ye6jrF5Gb0KgpMTEFKsvv60WotB9_sYYRB5MC RH4C98g0d74oDOhR_2QFbSSJ6YbUJa05z2-pzwJl_rXA8j6Xzf6QF9LQgPf9DqGI6U9-anSKLpAnvrneWB6ciAYBgAf5lv4C&num=2&cid=5Ghobvh2DW1LRsdjcI3D9Gke&sig=AOD64_1SacMv_dEfhV0St2cgt5-DvLIS0A&client=ca-pub-1163627261638862&adurl=http://www.park-resorts.com/campaign/ownershipcampaign.aspx%3Futm_source%3Dgdn%26utm_me dium%3Ddisplay%26utm_term%3D%26utm_campaign%3Doyo_ content_contextual%26utm_content%3Dgeneric)

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 12:41 PM
It's our duty to find as many relevant faces and gifs to adequately do BH's "I'm being serious" comment justice :greengrin:greengrin

In other news, anyone having a swally in the Jocks Lodge pre-kick off?

Leithenhibby
25-07-2013, 12:45 PM

Macaroon
25-07-2013, 12:46 PM
It's our duty to find as many relevant faces and gifs to adequately do BH's "I'm being serious" comment justice :greengrin:greengrin

In other news, anyone having a swally in the Jocks Lodge pre-kick off?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/cosby_omg.gif

Pedantic_Hibee
I'm being serious.

http://pictures.4ever.eu/data/674xX/art/movies/[pictures.4ever.eu]%20mr%20bean,%20rowan%20atkinson%20137203.jpg

Treadstone
I'm being serious.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg625/dickdick4/funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

Macaroon
25-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm being serious.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/oh-please.gif

Game, set and match.

Kyle A
25-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm being serious.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm being serious.

http://www.strangebeaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/icame/1.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 12:49 PM
There appears to be a misunderstanding, we are replicating expressions of "at-the-vinegar-strokes" at the prospect of a Sparky and Collins front-line, chaps. :cb

MB62
25-07-2013, 12:50 PM
The 3 home ends hold just under 17k. Having looked at the 'dots' on the ticket availabilty late last night the was, at a guesstimateno more than 1k left. If those go today and if the weather helps the walk up total to the point that Hibbies are in tbe south stand. Then if you add 400/500 malmo fans the the gate will be over 17k at least.
Anyhoo, welcome to the new JC, hope you enjoy it and score a barra load.
GGTTH

Sold less than 200 apparently

Probably more 15-16k - out of a possible 17/18k given the south won't be open is relatively packed.

How much are these green tinted specs and can I buy them in the club shop?
BTW, if we only ever opened the East and FFS stands for every league match, would that mean ER is 'packed' EVERY GAME? :greengrin

Hope you are all correct in your forecast as I can get a discount at the shop :greengrin

frazeHFC
25-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Good news, welcome to Hibs James. :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm being serious.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/06/13/13-oral-gif-8.o.jpg/a_560x340.gif

coco22
25-07-2013, 12:52 PM
10702 I hope you are serious by the way...

leithsansiro
25-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Heisenberg
25-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Imagine it. Sparky and Collins up against that Hearts team...:yw:

Make it so Roderick. Make it so.

SteveHFC
25-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm being serious.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4642/2ep3mfljpg.gif

Squealing pig
25-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Good news welcme james. 30 goals a season plz

Beefster
25-07-2013, 12:59 PM
I am wearing slip-ons, not trainers (they are blue)

They reckon that rehabilitation can't begin until you admit the problem so fair play to you.

MB62
25-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Did the 'Tache' not try and make it so but Wolves were not interested in selling?
I have up on Leigh returning, at least in this window. Now a 2 1/2 year deal (or more) in January, that WOULD be good. :thumbsup:

Dunderhall
25-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm being serious.

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 01:04 PM

Yes, I do.

Their attendances are on par with ours, but because their sponsorship deal is better, they can afford to pay their players more too.

Last year's attenances:

1 Sheffield United 18.612
2 Portsmouth FC 12.232
3 Coventry City 10.950
4 Preston NE 9.263
5 Swindon Town 8.963
6 M K Dons 8.612
7 Doncaster Rovers 7.239
8 AFC Bournemouth 6.852
9 Brentford FC 6.303
10 Tranmere Rovers 6.172
11 Shrewsbury Town 5.736
12 Notts County 5.522
13 Crewe Alexandra 1 4.903
14 Carlisle United 4.302
15 Walsall FC 4.234
16 Oldham Athletic 4.129
17 Yeovil Town 4.072
18 Leyton Orient 4.002
19 Hartlepool U 3.613
20 Colchester U 3.530
21 S****horpe U 3.465
22 Crawley Town 3.408
23 Stevenage FC 3.170
24 Bury FC 2.749

This year they also have Peterborough, Bristol City and Wolves, all of whom pull decent crowds.

Compared to

Celtic 46917
Hearts 13163
Hibernian 10489
Aberdeen 9611
Dundee Utd 7547
Dundee 5943
Motherwell 5362
Kilmarnock 4647
Ross C 4430
St Mirren 4389
Inverness 4038
St J 3712

hibees 7062
25-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm being serious.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUyOTc4MzU3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY3ODQ1OQ@@._ V1._CR0,0,1505,1505_SS80_.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/media/rm3145836288/tt1951261)

Heisenberg
25-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Did the 'Tache' not try and make it so but Wolves were not interested in selling?
I have up on Leigh returning, at least in this window. Now a 2 1/2 year deal (or more) in January, that WOULD be good. :thumbsup:

Aye basically, can only see us having a tiny chance of getting him in January. He'll score for fun down south.

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Pity it's not. Could and should be better!

Fully agree mate.

HibbySpurs
25-07-2013, 01:13 PM

http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/skydivers/picard.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=jean+luc+picard+make+it+so&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=WLSNR7KM9oiQ9M&tbnid=IQK632kC_uENPM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.annotatedmst.com%2Fepisodes%2 Fskydivers%2F&ei=TSTxUeaLHoeX0AXwiIDoBw&bvm=bv.49784469,d.d2k&psig=AFQjCNEkJ69s0GbFD-vQrrE43dnwBFU-7A&ust=1374844360827211)

HibbySpurs
25-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh and Welcome to Hibs JC, fantastic news we've done this deal...

Wonder how our "friends" on Brokeback will take this little piece of news :tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::giruy:

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm being serious.

http://images.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_400/420_4-tricks-to-make-her-orgasm-1009588-flash-1009588-flash.jpg

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 01:18 PM

Wonder how our "friends" on Brokeback will take this little piece of news :tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::giruy:

Quote from 1 of them on EN :yw:

So let's get this right - a club £6.4m in debt and running trading losses of £1m a year has just paid around a reported £200k for a player?

Hmmm - tantamount to cheating I'd say.

Diclonius
25-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Bad news - Hearts have hijacked the bid. :bitchy:

..They haven't offered any wages or transfer fee, but they have promised him the captaincy and hope that the prospect of playing for "the big team" should be enough to tempt him.

Also when they're out of administration they'll pay him double the wages we're offering, honest.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote from 1 of them on EN :yw:

So let's get this right - a club £6.4m in debt and running trading losses of £1m a year has just paid around a reported £200k for a player?

Hmmm - tantamount to cheating I'd say.

"Cheating" is buying players and not paying them, thus, not being able to afford them.

We're in debt, manageable debt. We buy players and we pay them. As far as I'm aware, we haven't defaulted on any payments to our players, creditors and everything/everyone else.

Slight difference.

So, for the few Jambos that actually have a mortgage, even though they meet their mortgage payments each month, are they "cheating"?

Brainless fuds. .

Andy74
25-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Compiling a list of Hibs players and criminal activities.

One mention on a transfer thread when the bid was accepted with the comment that we couldn't pay his wages anyway.

I'm not sure they really follow the serviceable debt in the form of mortgages, positive balance sheet and good cash flow thing either. They consider it cheating.

Glesgahibby
25-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Great news :thumbsup:
As for sparky,he wants to play for hibs of that there is no doubt.I wouldn't rule him out of being here before the window shuts just yet.If we can get it together tonight and get thru it could bring in enough to bring sparky home:agree:

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 01:29 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1176177/texas-oh-my-god-o.gif

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/shocked.gif

brydekirk
25-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Best one yet, apart from Daffy gif

SteveHFC
25-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Best one yet, apart from Daffy gif Which Daffy gif :wink:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpfz85kPRf1qhansmo1_500.gif

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm being serious.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/741802dde91ccc1933a23e0b587ad349/tumblr_mitbvy2DAM1qdxcglo4_250.gif

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 01:43 PM
That's the spirit, lads! Remember to quote BH's post. I'm considering changing my signature to "I'm being serious".

DanHFC1875
25-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes, I do.

Their attendances are on par with ours, but because their sponsorship deal is better, they can afford to pay their players more too.

Last year's attenances:

1 Sheffield United 18.612
2 Portsmouth FC 12.232
3 Coventry City 10.950
4 Preston NE 9.263
5 Swindon Town 8.963
6 M K Dons 8.612
7 Doncaster Rovers 7.239
8 AFC Bournemouth 6.852
9 Brentford FC 6.303
10 Tranmere Rovers 6.172
11 Shrewsbury Town 5.736
12 Notts County 5.522
13 Crewe Alexandra 1 4.903
14 Carlisle United 4.302
15 Walsall FC 4.234
16 Oldham Athletic 4.129
17 Yeovil Town 4.072
18 Leyton Orient 4.002
19 Hartlepool U 3.613
20 Colchester U 3.530
21 S****horpe U 3.465
22 Crawley Town 3.408
23 Stevenage FC 3.170
24 Bury FC 2.749

This year they also have Peterborough, Bristol City and Wolves, all of whom pull decent crowds.

Compared to

Celtic 46917
Hearts 13163
Hibernian 10489
Aberdeen 9611
Dundee Utd 7547
Dundee 5943
Motherwell 5362
Kilmarnock 4647
Ross C 4430
St Mirren 4389
Inverness 4038
St J 3712

I have just realised that S****horpe has the word **** in it hahaha

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I have just realised that S****horpe has the word **** in it hahaha

I'm not sure what frightens me most.

The fact that at 28, you find that so hilarious.

Or the fact that it's taken you 28 years to realise! :hilarious

Ryan91
25-07-2013, 01:46 PM

Dat qt 3.14 Longhorn fan :blushie: :love ya!:

Hibbyradge
25-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm being serious.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Meg-Ryan-Pleased-Gif-In-When-Harry-Met-Sally.gif

Aldo
25-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Patience G, Patience

HibbySpurs
25-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Compiling a list of Hibs players and criminal activities.

One mention on a transfer thread when the bid was accepted with the comment that we couldn't pay his wages anyway.

I'm not sure they really follow the serviceable debt in the form of mortgages, positive balance sheet and good cash flow thing either. They consider it cheating.

Yes they all seem to have this problem with grasping the simple idea of how mortgages/loans work....

You know the idea that you want something now but dont have all the finance so you approach someone (usually a bank) and ask if they would advance you the cash on the basis that you will pay it back in an agreed timeframe with some added on top for them giving you it (usually known as interest).....

You stick to this agreement and the debt dissapears rather than spiraling out of control and the really good bit is that when you do this you can go back to that lender again when you need something else and they will usually say "hey, you paid us off no problems last time so sure we'll help you out again".....

Finally, you budget repaying this debt in so you know what you have to play with whilst taking care of your commitments to others and thats why we can afford £200K today....

Simply really, for those of us with more than 07 brain cells:wink:

Really is no wonder why these idiots have the main sponsor they do :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes they all seem to have this problem with grasping the simple idea of how mortgages/loans work....

You know the idea that you want something now but dont have all the finance so you approach someone (usually a bank) and ask if they would advance you the cash on the basis that you will pay it back in an agreed timeframe with some added on top for them giving you it (usually known as interest).....

You stick to this agreement and the debt dissapears rather than spiraling out of control and the really good bit is that when you do this you can go back to that lender again when you need something else and they will usually say "hey, you paid us off no problems last time so sure we'll help you out again".....

Finally, you budget repaying this debt in so you know what you have to play with whilst taking care of your commitments to others and thats why we can afford £200K today....

Simply really, for those of us with more than 07 brain cells:wink:

Really is no wonder why these idiots have the main sponsor they do :greengrin

#allisverycomplex :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2013, 01:54 PM
#allisverycomplex :greengrin

To be fair, they did kill us forever as a club in May 2012.

MB62
25-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Aye basically, can only see us having a tiny chance of getting him (Leigh) in January. He'll score for fun down south.

Was hoping for a wee guilty verdict for the Tesco scene, resulting in an 8 month lie doon at Saughton, out after 4 FGB and then signing for us in January :greengrin

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm being serious.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2h3o4m9.jpg

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm being serious.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/omg/grand/oprah_whoa_gif.gif

matty_f
25-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Stop with the gifs already, site's a nightmare to read with all that pish.

Wilson
25-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Was hoping for a wee guilty verdict for the Tesco scene, resulting in an 8 month lie doon at Saughton, out after 4 FGB and then signing for us in January :greengrin

4 months of good behavior?! There are some seriously deluded posts on this thread! :-D

Macaroon
25-07-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm being serious.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shivers.gif

Andy74
25-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Swindon fans all seem fairly disappointed. A few suggesting he was the best striker they had. Take it they are skint?

steviehibsleith
25-07-2013, 02:21 PM

DAVE1875
25-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm being serious.

https://forum.kag2d.com/attachments/sirius_black_profile-jpg.6013/

Sergio sledge
25-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm being serious.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bites-fist.gif

Mikey
25-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Can we wind down with the gifs now folks. People trying to view this thread on their phone will struggle.

Ta.

Hibstrooper
25-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Confirmed by Collins on his twitter!

Official!

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 02:38 PM
CabbagePatch :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Can we wind down with the gifs now folks. People trying to view this thread on their phone will struggle.

Ta.

Prick :fenlon

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 02:39 PM

Official!

:thumbsup:

James Collins ‏@JamesCollins9 3m (https://twitter.com/JamesCollins9/status/360407648488796160) (1) Happy to have signed for hibbs this morning, been a good couple of days in edinburgh. Loking forward to the challange of the SPL

James Collins ‏@JamesCollins9 3m (https://twitter.com/JamesCollins9/status/360407905461219328)
(2) and meeting up with the team soon. thanks for all the welcome messages as well.

James Collins ‏@JamesCollins9 2m (https://twitter.com/JamesCollins9/status/360408165050892288)
(3) also a thankyou to swindon town enjoyed my time there alot, with the lads, fans and club and wish them all the best this season.

Hibs7

Official!

Source ...... :wink::greengrin

Unseen work
Hope he's confident as people will be expecting alot from him for the price we paid. I Think he will b very good though

Billychaotic182
On twitter signed

Hibtastic
25-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Seen it on his twitter too. Excellent signing. Welcome to Hibs JC!

Heisenberg
25-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Confirms on his twitter that he's signed.

Mr White
25-07-2013, 02:41 PM

James Collins ‏@JamesCollins9 3m (https://twitter.com/JamesCollins9/status/360407648488796160) (1) Happy to have signed for hibbs this morning, been a good couple of days in edinburgh. Loking forward to the challange of the SPL

James Collins ‏@JamesCollins9 3m (https://twitter.com/JamesCollins9/status/360407905461219328)
(2) and meeting up with the team soon. thanks for all the welcome messages as well.

James Collins ‏@JamesCollins9 2m (https://twitter.com/JamesCollins9/status/360408165050892288)
(3) also a thankyou to swindon town enjoyed my time there alot, with the lads, fans and club and wish them all the best this season.
good to have you on board Jammes :aok:

brydekirk
25-07-2013, 02:43 PM
He'll need to learn how we spell Hibs not hibbs.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 02:43 PM
good to have you on board Jammes :aok:

:faf:

danhibees1875
25-07-2013, 02:44 PM
:top marks Hibs.

YehButNoBut
25-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Sure it will just be the excitement.

Or a dodgy phone. :greengrin

Macaroon
25-07-2013, 02:45 PM
CabbagePatch :greengrin

I had 4 more lined up and 'aw.

No idea where to put them now.

Billychaotic182
25-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Sure it will just be the excitement.

Or a dodgy phone. :greengrin

I know that feeling

Keith_M
25-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Vorsprung Durch Fenlon!

Stevie Reid
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52650

49 goals in 103 starts, 144 appearances overall.

6' 2" and 22 years old.

Happy with that :aok:

Mikey

Still an improvement on Matt Doherty. He said he was happy to be joining Hearts :guesswho:

Keith_M
25-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Still an improvement on Matt Doherty. He said he was happy to be joining Hearts :guesswho:

TBH, I would have been happy with that as well. :wink:

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 02:52 PM

Did he actually say that Mikey? That's a shocker!!! I knew he'd said he'd only heard of hearts or something, but no wonder folk were pissed at him.

Macaroon
25-07-2013, 02:52 PM

If only

DAVE1875
25-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Either he's pish at spelling or doesn't have auto-correct on his phone. But he's not here to take part in a spelling bee, he's here to score goals. Hope him and Vine can form a deadly partnership

Andy74
25-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Did he actually say that Mikey? That's a shocker!!! I knew he'd said he'd only heard of hearts or something, but no wonder folk were pissed at him.

He didn't really. Just something he said sounded that way with his accent.

silverhibee
25-07-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bites-fist.gif

Bayern Bru
25-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Bloody well wish he had.

Thecat23
25-07-2013, 03:04 PM
He didn't really. Just something he said sounded that way with his accent.

Ah right, was going to say I'm sure he'd never have been allowed to forget that if he did.

Andy74
25-07-2013, 03:08 PM
A lot of backtracking going on on Kickback. Started off with the fact he was a decent player and no way could we afford him. Now he is probably on a par with the likes of O'Brien and Donaldson.

Lots of Hibs are in more financial trouble than we are chat. Brilliant. They even laugh about financial experts on here with no hint of irony.

LeithBoozy
25-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I hope he does not run into Rab c Nesbit, see you Jimmy, Ill give you goals alright. :wink:

Hibs7
25-07-2013, 03:11 PM
A lot of backtracking going on on Kickback. Started off with the fact he was a decent player and no way could we afford him. Now he is probably on a par with the likes of O'Brien and Donaldson.

Lots of Hibs are in more financial trouble than we are chat. Brilliant. They even laugh about financial experts on here with no hint of irony.

Heads still firmly stuck in the sand, playing the same old cracked recording.... 5-1, 1902 etc,etc..... Dead man walking ..... Good riddance to a weird bunch of oxygen wasters !!

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2013, 03:14 PM

*sigh*

Hibs have paid for him, will pay his wages every month without fail and will not bump any of their creditors. Cheating? I don't think so. The end.

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Not hibbs class

Hibs90
25-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Stop with the gifs already, site's a nightmare to read with all that pish.

frazeHFC
25-07-2013, 03:18 PM

Jealousy :agree:

Pretty Boy
25-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Welcome to Hibbs James.

Already looking forward to the meltdown thread when we sell him for £1.5M in a couple of years.

Treadstone
25-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Andy mate, you just called it 'kickback'! C'mon man play the game. :faf:

Ps does smokecrack die with their club ?