PDA

View Full Version : James Collins signed by Hibs (Confirmed)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Keith_M
21-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Have we defiantly signed this guy? Or is the only info from SSN

I like the sound of this, Hibs adopting the siege mentality! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
21-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Good bit of PR by Rod here. :agree:

GraniteCityHibs
21-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I'll have the cake please

Yeah, cake for me too please

...WentToMowAnSPL
21-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Can't find him on twitter : not Hibs class !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hibstrooper
21-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah, cake for me too please

Well we're outta cake! We only had 3 bits and didn't expect such a rush.

leither17
21-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Can't find him on twitter : not Hibs class !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

James Collins 9

harvthehibee
21-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Might be just what we need this lad big strong obviously has a decent eye for goal wonder if we will pick up a CH and a right winger now? I'd say that would complete a squad that should be comfortably able to compete for a European spot.

Eyrie
21-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Never heard of the guy, but sounds like a very good addition. The cash involved is proof that the board has faith in Fenlon's judgement.

YehButNoBut
21-07-2013, 07:00 PM
On Sky Sports website now

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/8834459/transfer-news-swindon-accept-hibernian-offer-for-james-collins

Transfer news: Swindon accept Hibernian offer for James Collins

Sky Sports understands that Swindon Town have accepted a bid from Hibernian for highly-rated striker James Collins.

Collins was a key player for Swindon last season after making the move from Shrewsbury Town, having previously started his career with Aston Villa.

He has attracted a lot of interest this summer and it now understood that Hibs have moved into pole position for his signature after having a bid accepted.

It is thought that Hibs submitted a proposal worth around £200,000 for the 22-year-old forward.

Pat Fenlon's Hibernian finished seventh in the Scottish Premier League last season and will be looking to strengthen ahead of the new campaign.

Mr White
21-07-2013, 07:04 PM

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/8834459/transfer-news-swindon-accept-hibernian-offer-for-james-collins

Sky Sports understands that Swindon Town have accepted a bid from Hibernian for highly-rated striker James Collins.

Collins was a key player for Swindon last season after making the move from Shrewsbury Town, having previously started his career with Aston Villa.

He has attracted a lot of interest this summer and it now understood that Hibs have moved into pole position for his signature after having a bid accepted.

It is thought that Hibs submitted a proposal worth around £200,000 for the 22-year-old forward.

Pat Fenlon's Hibernian finished seventh in the Scottish Premier League last season and will be looking to strengthen ahead of the new campaign.
that reads like an advert for a player that doesn't want to sign for Scotlands 7th placed club. Hopefully not though, sounds like a decent player.

neil7908
21-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Never heard of, or seen him play so cant pass judgement but really pleased that we are looking ambitious in the transfer market - outside of Celtic, how many SPL clubs will actually pay a fee this summer I wonder? As other folk have commented, 200k is a decent chunk of cash for Scottish football.

Still sounds like early days in the transfer and after the Griffiths, Taylor and Howe saga's I'm going to wait until he has put pen to paper before relaxing but he is certainly the kind of player I would like the club to attract.

If we can get him signed up and add 1-2 more decent players I'll feel a lot more confident going into the new season. Well done to the board for putting money on the table for Fenlon, lets just hope we can put everything in place soon and give the club a boost for Thursday.

Broken Gnome
21-07-2013, 07:17 PM

Ah, a proposal.

Now, if one were to be cynical, that could mean Rod's taken a suitcase with 50k in it and told Swindon they'll get the rest when he breaks Robbie Keane's goalscoring record for Ireland.

If one were to be cyncial, that is.

brog
21-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Ah, a proposal.

Now, if one were to be cynical, that could mean Rod's taken a suitcase with 50k in it and told Swindon they'll get the rest when he breaks Robbie Keane's goalscoring record for Ireland.

If one were to be cyncial, that is.

You're close, apparently a few weeks back Rod set up a new company called F off Hearts & appealed for donations. He's been pleasantly surprised by the huge number of pledges & some dafties actually giving DD details. He's cashed in the first £200k just in case there were some errors in the intent of the donations & as you say set off to Swindon with the suitcase loaded with used fivers & fairycakes!

poolman
21-07-2013, 07:44 PM
£200k is a lot (for us) to spend on a League One player with a one in three record. He would have to be on a long contract because we can't afford to lose him for nothing at the end of it.

Motherwell and co manage to get their players for nothing and still finish above us, so if this goes through Fenlon has got no excuses for not being close to second this season.

It does worry me as well that Fenlon only seem sto be interested in the British and Irish market, while other teams are still finding bargains form abroad.

Any chance of you just pissin off

You boring now

Broken Gnome
21-07-2013, 07:45 PM
You're close, apparently a few weeks back Rod set up a new company called F off Hearts & appealed for donations. He's been pleasantly surprised by the huge number of pledges & some dafties actually giving DD details. He's cashed in the first £200k just in case there were some errors in the intent of the donations & as you say set off to Swindon with the suitcase loaded with used fivers & fairycakes!

I think you're getting your proposals mixed up with A MOVEMENT.

YehButNoBut
21-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Liked this comment from a Swindon fan :greengrin

Martin Roberts ‏@mozalinistfc @Leeclark1969 (https://twitter.com/Leeclark1969) @SamMorshead_SA (https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_SA) @jimmoffat1 (https://twitter.com/jimmoffat1) second time Hibs have done us over, giving us aob was the first!

Beefster
21-07-2013, 08:06 PM
So we moan when we fill the team with Bosmans and we moan when we shell out (relatively) big bucks. I love Hibs.net

That's what happens when you put four hundred big-mouthed bawbags and me in a [virtual] room.

Edit: I added the '[virtual]' because some big-mouthed bawbag would just have posted "we're no in a room though, lol, rofl"

Jonnyboy
21-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Right then own up....who gave the Tache a second glass of wine....he's not going to be happy when he realises that he fluffed the number of Zeros

Hes going to have to offer trainee level wages and a club house in the Pans to make sure it falls through....

T'was Yogi. Tried to splash it all over, missed but had a right good go so fair play :greengrin

NOLA
21-07-2013, 08:17 PM
sounds like swindon dont want to sell to a league rival, hence we are in pole position. i understand :agree:

Billy Whizz
21-07-2013, 08:23 PM

Martin Roberts ‏@mozalinistfc @Leeclark1969 (https://twitter.com/Leeclark1969) @SamMorshead_SA (https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_SA) @jimmoffat1 (https://twitter.com/jimmoffat1) second time Hibs have done us over, giving us aob was the first!

Aye, but Colin Calderwood played for them for 8 years or so, say no more

Hibernia Na Eir
21-07-2013, 08:29 PM
great news, if this happens.
forget LG now. Move on!
This could be a tremendous capture.

3pm
21-07-2013, 09:01 PM

An alternative FOH to the real FOH. I'll join the Rodfather.

Squealing pig
21-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks like pat will get his man, I had faith all along

mikethehibee69
21-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I really hope this is a done deal, but as of 5 mins ago there is no mention of it being a done deal, hopefully we can secure this striker and get him on sometime on Thursday night, maybe score the one that takes us through!! :flag::pfgwa:cheers:

1875STEVE
21-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Dont know of any off field probs with JC. Looks a bit of a moaner but only in the sense he wants to be scoring goals and if hes not or people not doing what he want he appears to get narky. But thats not a bad thing.

Was hoping Hibs would come in for Adam Rooney really. Would be good for Hibs and would get him off our backs in some ways.

No player cant be replaced. From this end i just cant see Swindon replacing him well enough. Abika or whatever the Spurs lad we looking at is called we had and loan before and he just didnt try. We supposed to have offered contract to Simon Church , released by Reading.

Most Town fans would ask you to take Andy Williams as well. But even thou i season ticket holder at town, i like Hibs having spent time up there and so would never look to sell you a dud. IF the collins thing is true and it happens, will be a loss to us. But would do well for you.

Id have taken Rooney in a second, always rated him from his time at ICT.

Im liking the look of JC though.

Leithenhibby
21-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I really hope this is a done deal, but as of 5 mins ago there is no mention of it being a done deal, hopefully we can secure this striker and get him on sometime on Thursday night, maybe score the one that takes us through!! :flag::pfgwa:cheers:

If, we do manage to sign him, he can't play on thursday night!........ :wink:

mikethehibee69
21-07-2013, 09:53 PM
If, we do manage to sign him, he can't play on thursday night!........ :wink:
Doh!! Spoil my dream!! Lol

Emerald
21-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Looks like pat will get his man, I had faith all along
Yes, and the Fenlon fool will play him at left back :offski:Joking apart, its a wee bit more positive.

Delboy4
21-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Just spoke to my mate that plays for Swindon about the lad.

He says that he is very strong, a great finisher, scored a lot of goals even though he didn't start a lot of games! The only thing is that he isn't the quickest!! But all in all a great young player. He thought that he was signing for Huddersfield Town..?!
If I hear anything else I will update.

cabbageandribs1875
21-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Just spoke to my mate that plays for Swindon about the lad.

He says that he is very strong, a great finisher, scored a lot of goals even though he didn't start a lot of games! The only thing is that he isn't the quickest!! But all in all a great young player. He thought that he was signing for Huddersfield Town..?!
If I hear anything else I will update.

ala big Tony Higgins and Ally Mcleod :greengrin

LeithBoozy
21-07-2013, 10:14 PM

I don't think we can argue with Martin there, In fact Im surprised Swindon are still talking to us. :greengrin

lochhibs
21-07-2013, 10:45 PM
its good positive news we are spending but he sounds like he's similar to caldwell who i'd like to see get more game time.i'd rather we spent the money on a decent centre half tbh.

hibeemikey21
21-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Great news and a real, positive sign of the club's health.

Makes you wonder how £200k is a justifiable spend when we still have a sizeable amount of debt and when SPL revenues are at an all time low!

Confused, but happy! I'd kind of resigned myself to the prospect of free transfers for the next decade or so!

gegs70
21-07-2013, 11:12 PM
It only suggests thst a bid was accepted not that thr player had agreed to any move?

jakeshibs
21-07-2013, 11:34 PM
hope this happens :agree:

KiddA
22-07-2013, 02:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_2_n8rwv4 :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
22-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Hearin wee rumour Birmingham have hijacked the deal.Hope its utter drivel.

KWJ
22-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Proper stunned at reading this, I'd have thought a £200k man would be out of our transfer and wage range.

Won't complain if true, Rod kens fine whit he's doing!

:flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Even if a bid has been accepted then there's the personal terms...

Call me an old sceptic but I just have a gut feeling this is just someone trying to get Petrie to show his cards...

And besides we still have to go through Rod doing a bit of Paul Daniels on the contract terms - "now you see it - now you don't....
... You'll like it - not a lot but you'll like it!" ;)
It's only done when said player is in a Hibs strip. (On that note did Mo Johnston ever appear in a Celtic strip as signed before heading to Rangers?) memory not clear on the specifics of that one...

PeterboroHibee
22-07-2013, 07:04 AM
It only suggests thst a bid was accepted not that thr player had agreed to any move?

I may be wrong, but for Hibs to put in the bid suggests there will be interest from (or possibly even terms agreed with) the player. If you read articles by players or managers who are fairly open about how transfers go on, there's rarely ever a deal that goes through without contact between the club and the player first (even though it would probably argued thats tapping up).

Callum_62
22-07-2013, 07:09 AM
I may be wrong, but for Hibs to put in the bid suggests there will be interest from (or possibly even terms agreed with) the player. If you read articles by players or managers who are fairly open about how transfers go on, there's rarely ever a deal that goes through without contact between the club and the player first (even though it would probably argued thats tapping up).

I would think thats exactly how it goes.... :agree:

BarneyK
22-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Detch ‏@DomFletch 26m
Apparently we've agreed a fee for James Collins from Swindon #HTAFC #STFC

Huddersfield too :dunno:
Get the feeling this ain't gonna happen.

Eternal Hibbie
22-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Great news and a real, positive sign of the club's health.

Makes you wonder how £200k is a justifiable spend when we still have a sizeable amount of debt and when SPL revenues are at an all time low!

Confused, but happy! I'd kind of resigned myself to the prospect of free transfers for the next decade or so!

Our debt is controlled and manageable unlike some others.

We made a few quid in the past couple of seasons with our cup runs which is now thankfully being used to enhance the squad.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BarneyK
22-07-2013, 07:29 AM
HUDDERSFIELD have beaten off Burnley and Barnsley to sign James Collins.
The striker, 22, was Swindon’s top scorer last season with 18 goals, and will cost £300,000 after his hard-up club agreed a cut-price deal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-Confidential-Latest-news-in-brief-from-across-English-football.html#ixzz2Zl0NIEvz

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-Confidential-Latest-news-in-brief-from-across-English-football.html

:dunno:

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 07:30 AM
The Sun claiming Collins is going to Huddersfield for £300k. :confused:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-Confidential-Latest-news-in-brief-from-across-English-football.html

HUDDERSFIELD have beaten off Burnley and Barnsley to sign James Collins.

The striker, 22, was Swindon’s top scorer last season with 18 goals, and will cost £300,000 after his hard-up club agreed a cut-price deal.

Del Boy
22-07-2013, 07:32 AM
FFS Petrie!!!!!

SaulGoodman
22-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Can't blame the club for showing ambition.

Must be getting quite frustrated that its another player we've put a good bid in for, going to another team.

Leishy1995
22-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Is this only in the sun?

manx hibee
22-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Is this only in the sun?

No mention of us and we had our bid accepted (confused)
Again it is the Sun after all ;-)

The Sea-gull
22-07-2013, 07:48 AM
If we have actually bid 200k for a player then fair play to the Board.

Just hope whoever has scouted him knows what they are doing and the guy proves worth it. Don't think the Hibs board, of all boards, would sanction 200k on a player if they did not trust whoever recommended him's judgement. Also, Hibs board would not sanction the money if the player did not offer some sort of potential for a return in performance and/or future transfer fee.

Steve20
22-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Hopefully we get the player. However, either way, it's encouraging that we are still in the hunt for a striker and are willing to pay if the right player comes along.

bigwheel
22-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Hopefully we get the player. However, either way, it's encouraging that we are still in the hunt for a striker and are willing to pay if the right player comes along.

Yes Agree...I'm guessing it's the players representatives that have made it public - probably to create a bit of competition. So there is a risk we don't complete it. However, good to see the club trying to fund a decent signing.

Hibs7
22-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Can't see this happening if other teams are reported in for him as well ... Pity as I liked the sound of him .

Andy74
22-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Yet the Scottish Sun says we are set to sign him after beating Huddersfield to his signature. They might have gone back in since then though.

Edit: Quick look round the web and it may be the Huddersfiled stories are still from a couple of days ago when he seemed set to sign but didn't. We'll see!

BarneyK
22-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Yet the Scottish Sun says we are set to sign him after beating Huddersfield to his signature. They might have gone back in since then though.

Edit: Quick look round the web and it may be the Huddersfiled stories are still from a couple of days ago when he seemed set to sign but didn't. We'll see!

It does seem odd that we have a £200k offer accepted and they go and bid £300k.

Heisenberg
22-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Could well be since we're not mentioned at all. Would seem strange that we had a 200k bid accepted only for them to come in and bid more than they had to.

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 08:15 AM
It has been reported that Collins is keen to get regular first team football, here's hoping he believes he has more chance of that with Hibs than a Championship side.

hfc rd
22-07-2013, 08:26 AM
I really hope we pull this one off.

LongshanksED
22-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Nothing on BBC football page for Swindon town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town

gegs70
22-07-2013, 08:56 AM
On the bbc gossip page states was a one time target for Aberdeen and Celtic at one stage. By all accounts decent player not quite a prolific goalscorer but again maybe not geting full games but looks like will have a physical presence?

The Sea-gull
22-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Up now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23403291

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Nothing on BBC football page for Swindon town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town

BBC now reporting the story but nothing new really, let's hope it plays out in our favour.

Does sound like Swindon are in a bad way financially.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23403291

Heisenberg
22-07-2013, 09:02 AM
On the bbc gossip page states was a one time target for Aberdeen and Celtic at one stage. By all accounts decent player not quite a prolific goalscorer but again maybe not geting full games but looks like will have a physical presence?

Aye he was on trial at Aberdeen when he was like 18/19.

Juice-Terry
22-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Hearin wee rumour Birmingham have hijacked the deal.Hope its utter drivel.

Apparently this was reported on Talksport. :confused::boo hoo:

R'Albin
22-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm getting an increasingly bad feeling that this deal is going to be hijacked.

Wilson
22-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm getting an increasingly bad feeling that this deal is going to be hijacked.

This comes from knowing that Hibs don't announce anything until a deal is done. Any leaking of information is indicative of other motives in play. In effect this deal was there to be hijacked.

We shouldn't get too emotionally invested in every rumour. Some players will be motivated to play for Hibs and sign. Support them. Others won't.

Treadstone
22-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Apparently this was reported on Talksport. :confused::boo hoo:

Talksport is the media equivalent of the pub drunk.

gegs70
22-07-2013, 09:48 AM
It sounds like the bid was accepted but that just gives us the right to agree terms with the player. may wish to remain down south? So by releasing the story encourages other clubs to put in a similar bid?

rcarter1
22-07-2013, 09:57 AM
It sounds like the bid was accepted but that just gives us the right to agree terms with the player. may wish to remain down south? So by releasing the story encourages other clubs to put in a similar bid?

Sounds plausible. More plausible than Hibs spending 200K on a large goalscoring battering ram. Would have been fun to unleash this behemoth on the Jambos. :greengrin

Heisenberg
22-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Apparently Birmingham are a bit skint too are they not? Guy on a Swindon forum reckons they couldn't afford 175k for Paul Caddis.

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2013, 10:33 AM
i see shrewsbury will be/are due 20% from swindon on any fee they get for him

clerriehibs
22-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Maybe rp playing a game with wolves, showing he has cash he's willing to spend, trying to make wolves hink they'll miss the LG to Hibs boat if they don't stop fannying around ...

Edinburgh Green
22-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Maybe rp playing a game with wolves, showing he has cash he's willing to spend, trying to make wolves hink they'll miss the LG to Hibs boat if they don't stop fannying around ...

Why would Wolves want to sell Griffiths too us, especially on the cheap?

Andy74
22-07-2013, 10:48 AM
David Hardie now reporting that Hibs are closing in on him. May just be rehashing reports but the Evening News and Hardie in particular don't normally talk about players unless they are genuinely close to signing.

hibsbollah
22-07-2013, 10:51 AM

So what happens if Collins accepts Hibs' terms and we're stuck with a player we (in your scenario) didnt want in the first place and a 200k cheque to write?

I think sometimes we credit Rod with too much machiavellian scheming. We're probably just trying to buy a good striker, as boring as that sounds :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
22-07-2013, 10:52 AM
David Hardie now reporting that Hibs are closing in on him. May just be rehashing reports but the Evening News and Hardie in particular don't normally talk about players unless they are genuinely close to signing.

TBF the Evening News would have to run a story on it as it's been on various other sites. I'd say it's just another regurgitated report.

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Whatever the outcomes, the two dominant threads this week are likely to be Hibs trying to sign a new striker and Hearts struggling against liquidation. Not so bad.

Andy74
22-07-2013, 10:58 AM
TBF the Evening News would have to run a story on it as it's been on various other sites. I'd say it's just another regurgitated report.

Maybe, although David Hardie has daily access to Hibs and could either have ignored this as we do with a lot of speculation or issued a denial from Hibs if it wasn't true.

The fact he is reporting it as is suggests to me that the bid has indeed been accepted and that we are close to signing him.

Like Barry Anderson at Hearts, Hardie makes a living from being close to Hibs and not printing things that will put them, and him, in a tricky position.

Delboy4
22-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Is this only in the sun?

I said it last night that my source from Swindon FC thought that he was signing for Huddersfield. Ahh well, back to the drawing board!

clerriehibs
22-07-2013, 11:06 AM
So what happens if Collins accepts Hibs' terms and we're stuck with a player we (in your scenario) didnt want in the first place and a 200k cheque to write?

I think sometimes we credit Rod with too much machiavellian scheming. We're probably just trying to buy a good striker, as boring as that sounds :greengrin

The scenario isn't that we don't want collins; given the choice, we'd probably all take LG, if there was no choice, we'd be quite happy with collins. At the moment thete's no choice. There prob isn't the likelihood of one ... but everyone thinks rp is a top negotiator, so maybe he is trying to force wolves hand ... and how better to do that than with a half decent alternative?

woody0-7
22-07-2013, 11:30 AM
I maybe using my heart more than my head here but if we bid £100.000 k for Taylor and £200.000 for Collins that's a bit of a price diffrrence, could it be that maybe we are actually going to buy 2 strikers this season????

Robinho08
22-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Sounds promising. :agree:

Hibby Gav
22-07-2013, 11:53 AM

this definitely :top marks

NOLA
22-07-2013, 11:54 AM
All gone pretty quiet! He's either in talks or is away speaking to someone else

Geo_1875
22-07-2013, 12:11 PM
All gone pretty quiet! He's either in talks or is away speaking to someone else

As ever, we'll hear nothing from Hibs until something is decided either way. Let others do their business through the media.

Andy74
22-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure he has changed his main twitter picture from yesterday and looks very much like him sat at a railway platform.

Liberal Hibby
22-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure he has changed his main twitter picture from yesterday and looks very much like him sat at a railway platform.

So he's off to Crewe?

GraniteCityHibs
22-07-2013, 12:50 PM
This board is hilarious at times.

You all watch far too many 1950's detective movies.

the plots and sub-plots some of you have cooked up are a great read though.

GraniteCityHibs
22-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Well we're outta cake! We only had 3 bits and didn't expect such a rush.

So my choice is 'or death'......well i'll haaaave the chicken!

Good choice, sir. Tastes of human.

:thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-07-2013, 12:55 PM
So is he signing then or is the deal getting hijacked?

lyonhibs
22-07-2013, 01:00 PM
£200k is a lot (for us) to spend on a League One player with a one in three record. He would have to be on a long contract because we can't afford to lose him for nothing at the end of it.

Motherwell and co manage to get their players for nothing and still finish above us, so if this goes through Fenlon has got no excuses for not being close to second this season.

It does worry me as well that Fenlon only seem sto be interested in the British and Irish market, while other teams are still finding bargains form abroad.

You quote Motherwell, but yet 4 out of their 5 summer signings come from this apparently restricted British and Irish market.

Is Honduras in the UK or Ireland out of interest?

Andy74
22-07-2013, 01:20 PM
You quote Motherwell, but yet 4 out of their 5 summer signings come from this apparently restricted British and Irish market.

Is Honduras in the UK or Ireland out of interest?

Yes, near Ghana I think.

joe breezy
22-07-2013, 01:42 PM
One of my pals in Clerrie just texted me to say he just saw Collins on the back of a 26 bus with Jordi Cruyff

HibeeMG
22-07-2013, 01:49 PM
One of my pals in Clerrie just texted me to say he just saw Collins on the back of a 26 bus with Jordi Cruyff

Unless your pal was in Greggs, it means nothing.

lyonhibs
22-07-2013, 01:49 PM
One of my pals in Clerrie just texted me to say he just saw Collins hingin' oot the back of a 26 bus with Jordi Cruyff

Good grief man, this a family friendly board.

It's a no from me if the above is true.

NOLA
22-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Part of the clerrie Jungle? ;)

Franck Stanton
22-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I've just been told he's signed.

Anyone else heard? "Told" ? By whom ? A Club official/local drunk ?

SlickShoes
22-07-2013, 02:35 PM
My source has told me that the deal has fallen through over the amount of £500 p/w in basic pay.

edit: source is pray4marc, oracle of all signings.

Scònaldò
22-07-2013, 02:54 PM
"Told" ? By whom ? A Club official/local drunk ?

C: A Fanny

Hence why I deleted it.

Mikey
22-07-2013, 03:24 PM
My source has told me that the deal has fallen through over the amount of £500 p/w in basic pay.

That would be a shame. All for the price of 60-65 adult season tickets.

hibeemikey21
22-07-2013, 03:41 PM
That would be a shame. All for the price of 60-65 adult season tickets.

Still though, it's nice to know we have £200k sloshing about for a striker. Only £500 out p/w for a player (allegedly) attracting championship interest suggests we were offering him something decent.

If true, ah well, on to the next!

lugz
22-07-2013, 03:44 PM
This place is murder for sticking to the reason behind a thread!! There's other parts of the forum to discuss independence can we no just keep this for the potential new signing!

Heisenberg
22-07-2013, 03:48 PM
No huddersfield bid yet...

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-huddersfield-town-bid-swindon-5171117

Keith_M
22-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I for one really hope he DOES sign. Nothing to do with him as a player, it's just that the initials JC lend themselves to creative songs.

(To the tune of 'for he's a jolly good fellow')

:singing:

"He's not the mes-si-ah,
He's not the mes-si-ah,
He's not the mes-si-aaaah,
....he's just a naughty boy."

:singing:

Andy74
22-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Here we go. Another Hibs.net myth in the making!!

silverhibee
22-07-2013, 04:04 PM

:agree:

No way would we offer that much. :greengrin

ahibby
22-07-2013, 04:09 PM

Probably is a myth but my gut feeling is that it isn't going to happen. Only because despite having interest in him from Watford and Sheffield Utd he chose Swindon (probably Di Canios influence) but it shows that just because a club is interested in him it doesn't mean.............. and I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for another Leauge 1 club. I hope my gut feeling is wrong as I think he would do well for us. Maybe just feeling a bit negative today.

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2013, 06:13 PM
BBC Scotland repeated the Hibs bid accepted story on the 6:30 news FWIW.

Andy74
22-07-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm gonna say its done and not announced for sensitivity reasons. I hope so anyhow.

manx hibee
22-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna say its done and not announced for sensitivity reasons. I hope so anyhow.

If you know spill the beans pls :-)

Leithenhibby
22-07-2013, 06:34 PM

:agree: This was my very thoughts this afternoon......... :wink:

Lang Toun Hibs
22-07-2013, 07:01 PM

Were we asking him to take on Kevin Thomson's contract from last season like?!

davidw
22-07-2013, 07:49 PM
on the Swindon forum they reckon he was on £4k per week - tricky negotiations ahead..?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-07-2013, 07:52 PM

And how did he communicate that to you - smoke signals ? ;) [this is the dude that didn't have a mobile at the Killie game right ?]

Pray4Marc
22-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Dunning Hibs.. Who are you? I have never commicated with you in my life. Stop being a troll.

QMU-1875
22-07-2013, 08:01 PM

Has pray4marc even posted on this thread? Clearly talking rubbish here!

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Has pray4marc even posted on this thread? Clearly talking rubbish here!

Yip, look above your head. :greengrin

Pray4Marc
22-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Nicely put.

QMU-1875
22-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I understand the no phone thing but is this a hibs.net joke using pray4marc as a source? This is a whoosh moment like!

Lang Toun Hibs
22-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Dunning Hibs.. Who are you? I have never commicated with you in my life. Stop being a troll.

Who's that trip trapping over my bridge? Touchy! I wasn't even having a go at you, just trying to imagine what sort of contract offer would leave us £500 a week short! Oh, and have a whoosh for good measure! Seems to be the done thing nowadays. :na na:

GM1970
22-07-2013, 09:31 PM
In todays English version of the Sun that he has signed for Huddersfield for £300k, supposedly they beat Barnsley to a "cut price deal" due to Swindon 2being cash strapped

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-07-2013, 09:38 PM
In todays English version of the Sun that he has signed for Huddersfield for £300k, supposedly they beat Barnsley to a "cut price deal" due to Swindon 2being cash strapped

Gutted :(

rcarter1
22-07-2013, 09:40 PM
"Huddersfield Town have not made a bid for James Collins... yet"

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-huddersfield-town-bid-swindon-5171117

PatHead
22-07-2013, 09:44 PM
local Huddersfield paper report saying no offer in by them.............yet. http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-huddersfield-town-bid-swindon-5171117 Also another article says their tight with budget due to fair play rules. Could work in our favour. Sorry if posted before.

Mikey
22-07-2013, 09:46 PM

No it wasn't.

Speedway
22-07-2013, 09:55 PM
A quick look at the Sun's transfer news archive page should give you a quick idea for how accurate their reporting is.

McCall is going to Sheff. United and taking Higdon with him, for example.

Callum_62
22-07-2013, 10:15 PM
If you know spill the beans pls :-)

Im pretty sure he means:

One of our legends just passed away.....announcing the signing of our new striking hope would seem to be bad form

GM1970
22-07-2013, 10:33 PM
No it wasn't.

Well it in todays Sun I got in Tenerife, mibby different from other regional copies.

SaulGoodman
22-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Well it in todays Sun I got in Tenerife, mibby different from other regional copies.

From my vast knowledge of buying papers abroad won't that paper be a few days out of date?

Up The Bracket
23-07-2013, 12:43 AM
If the source is "Pray4Marc" saying he's knocked us back, then he has 100 % signed pn the dotted line.

HH81
23-07-2013, 04:37 AM

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/85165/james-collins

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 05:38 AM
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/85165/james-collins

Nice one. They have has much understanding of this as we do! :greengrin

YehButNoBut
23-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Seen some comments today saying that JC has agreed personal terms with Hibs. Club didn't want to announce it yesterday for good reason. Hopefully all signed and sealed today.

lugz
23-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Seen some comments today saying that JC has agreed personal terms with Hibs. Club didn't want to announce it yesterday for good reason. Hopefully all signed and sealed today.

Please be true!!

Hibs7
23-07-2013, 07:16 AM
I got a txt late last night saying the deal was done and he has agreed personal terms

Lets hope that is true !

Leitherhibs
23-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Its a done deal i'm hearing. Should be announced within 48hrs.

Mac
23-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Yep, a lot of murmerings that this deal is concluded and due to the sensitivity of Lawrie passing away they, quite rightly so, have kept it under wraps.

Cabbage East
23-07-2013, 07:44 AM
So many 'in the know' people on here, almost unbelievable...

adhibs
23-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Get the feeling that theorys people were posting yesterday has now turned into fact. Hope im wrong though.

Just seen it was put on spl rumours page 6 hours ago, that doesnt fill me with confidence if thats were this is coming from

CRAZYHIBBY
23-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Im hearing that the deal is done and he is signed but might also be dead in the water due to personnel terms

green.and.white
23-07-2013, 08:28 AM
He is in the Sun today saying that he doesn't really have a scooby either

Hope he isn't as hesitant in front of goal :greengrin

Bill Milne
23-07-2013, 09:19 AM
The one thing i have, probably, learned in my 58 years on the planet is that those who claim to be "in the know" are, generally, the most likely to be clueless about events at ER. I won't believe Collins is a Hibs player until I read about it in the papers. Even then, I would not believe the Daily Hun anyway.

IanM
23-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Will he.. won't he..

what's everyone thoughts on James Collins? Are we all wanting him to sign cause we simply need a striker? Will people be annoyed we don't sign him because he's genuinely a good player or just be annoyed cause we've missed out on another striker?

Can't help thinking this place will go into meltdown if we don't capture his signature although we still have a few weeks before the start of the season..

I'll go into meltdown :panic:

Hermit Crab
23-07-2013, 09:46 AM
If he's signed then hibs will announce it when they see fit. Bed wetters calm down.

Hibbyradge
23-07-2013, 10:01 AM
If he's signed then hibs will announce it when they see fit. Bed wetters calm down.

:agree:

Might as well just close this thread.

And do away with any others where Hibs fans needlessly speculate about possible signings.

Frickin bed wetters. :rolleyes:

That's a frickin Yam phrase too.

Beefster
23-07-2013, 10:08 AM

I have a rubber sheet that can be easily wiped down. No harm done when I wet the bed so get it roond ye.

Hibtastic
23-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I have a rubber sheet that can be easily wiped down. No harm done when I wet the bed so get it roond ye.

Dont know what everyone is panicking about. Patience!!!

ahibby
23-07-2013, 10:53 AM

I just have a rubber but it can hold a gallon, so I'm told.

JC will go to the highest bidder and who wouldn't so wait and see if anyone else is offering him terms. History shows that he has had interest in him shown by other clubs was offered a deal by Shrewsbury only to turn it down and move to Swindon. So we have to wait and see. What we already know was mentioned on the six thirty BBC News last night and I'm not sure we should take any of that as meaning it is in the bag.

Andy74
23-07-2013, 11:10 AM
"Meanwhile, Hibs target James Collins has revealed he won’t be rushed into a move to Edinburgh with English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town among those also said to be showing an interest in the Swindon Town striker.

Collins remained behind as the Robins headed for a pre-season training camp in Portugal to get his future sorted out with Hibs reported to have had a £200,000 bid for the 22-year-old accepted. However, it is understood wages could prove to be an obstacle with Collins already believed to earn around £3500 a week at League One Swindon.

Collins admitted to having made some inquiries of his own about Hibs, but added: “I don’t want to get ahead of myself because I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t want to rush into anything becasue my next move is an important one for my career and I’ve got to make sure it is right.”

Heisenberg
23-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Sounds like he's keen then eh...

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2013, 11:17 AM
If we get him, fair enough, but if we don't I'll be pretty relieved. Don't want to divert 200k which could be better spend on infrastructure.

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 11:18 AM
if those reports are true and he is on 3500 a week there is absolutely no chance he will sign for us.

Manxhibs
23-07-2013, 11:24 AM
He seems pretty keen on the idea of signing for us and this is definitely not a plea to other clubs tto stump up the cash.

silverhibee
23-07-2013, 11:25 AM

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50510_72518843662_7937003_n.jpg

:aok:

GodisaHibee
23-07-2013, 11:25 AM
If we get him, fair enough, but if we don't I'll be pretty relieved. Don't want to divert 200k which could be better spend on infrastructure.

Totally agree Bob. For this kind of money, we could be looking at filling in those unsightly 'beer mat' holes in the girders of the 'old stands'. This will make them more in keeping with the new stand style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm_cabbaged
23-07-2013, 11:27 AM

That could fill half a corner!! Who needs players, eh.

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2013, 11:28 AM
The one thing i have, probably, learned in my 58 years on the planet is that those who claim to be "in the know" are, generally, the most likely to be clueless about events at ER. I won't believe Collins is a Hibs player until I read about it in the papers. Even then, I would not believe the Daily Hun anyway.

You Banderson's old man?

:cb

3pm
23-07-2013, 11:30 AM

Think you might have just been done!

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Totally agree Bob. For this kind of money, we could be looking at filling in those unsightly 'beer mat' holes in the girders of the 'old stands'. This will make them more in keeping with the new stand style.

Yes, and it would surely make it safer. You could also build a giant bronze tashe canopy outside the window of the ticket office - a Petrie memorial which would keep people dry as they queued for tickets.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2013, 11:31 AM
If he signs, he signs and if he doesn't he doesn't. The positive here is that we are in a position to offer a decent fee for a player? Despite all the he saids and she saids, that puts us in a much better place than every other SPL club, bar Celtc.

marti1875
23-07-2013, 11:31 AM

WHOOOOOOOOOSH!! :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
23-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Think you might have just been done!

No, I think you have ;)

Gatecrasher
23-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Is this Hibs putting the chicken before the egg or the egg before the chicken?

I'm_cabbaged
23-07-2013, 11:34 AM
WHOOOOOOOOOSH!! :greengrin
I'll call your whoooosh and raise it a woooooosh :)

Waxy
23-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Wonder if he'll be up to watch the Malmo game.

GodisaHibee
23-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes, and it would surely make it safer. You could also build a giant bronze tashe canopy outside the window of the ticket office - a Petrie memorial which would keep people dry as they queued for tickets.

And don't forget a roof for the Stadium. I was quite put out by the late snowstorms last season

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 11:38 AM
And don't forget a roof for the Stadium. I was quite put out by the late snowstorms last season

That's the 1st thing I'd do if I won the Euro millions

Bishop Hibee
23-07-2013, 11:43 AM
This article is interesting in relation to the difficulties clubs have signing players in demand so far away from the transfer window http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23405038

I'd love to see Hibs make signings right away but if we can't get the right players in, Fenlon should wait rather than buying any old dud. De Graaf and Hart anyone?

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2013, 11:45 AM
At least Los Yambolinos can't snatch Collins from under our noses now that the east European fud money has dried up. Where is Darren Barr these days anyway?

GlasgowHibee
23-07-2013, 11:47 AM
At least Los Yambolinos can't snatch Collins from under our noses now that the east European fud money has dried up. Where is Darren Barr these days anyway?

Signed for Killie :greengrin

basehibby
23-07-2013, 11:53 AM

:agree: I sleep in a water bed so all that happens is it gets a bit warmer.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Wonder if he'll be up to watch the Malmo game.

I hope not, he's leave at halftime!!!

CallumLaidlaw
23-07-2013, 11:59 AM
This article is interesting in relation to the difficulties clubs have signing players in demand so far away from the transfer window http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23405038

I'd love to see Hibs make signings right away but if we can't get the right players in, Fenlon should wait rather than buying any old dud. De Graaf and Hart anyone?

Probably not the best examples as those players were tracked by Hughes for AGES!
Good to see that we are trying to go about our business before the first game of the domestic season tho

basehibby
23-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Steady on! We haven't even painted all the stairs yet have we? Can't go around spendthrifting on players or even stand building when there's important stuff like stairs-painting and other keep-up-with-the-Yamses activities to be done.

I'm away to sniff some asbestos.

Houchy
23-07-2013, 12:08 PM
They're really hurting are they not, just cause they can't sign anyone. :fenlon:yw:

JKB Meltdown ‏@JKBmeltdown (James Collins) Fits the hibs remit of signing pish Irish players. Fenton relly outdoes himself with his scouting network!

But Motherwell fans quite happy with themselves.

Greig. ‏@greig_mfc86
Hibs spending 200k on nobodies for Swindon and we get McFadden and McManus for nothing, hilarious #******thecapital (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23****thecapital&src=hash)

Ah, but Motherwell ARE the big winners in this one. Just think of the sell on value of McManus and McFadden in 2 years time. They'll be selling 2 players at the peak of their careers whereas well be looking to offload some mid 20's striker...Petrie!!! How very dare you gamble £200k on a potential goal machine rather than just go with a tried and proven striker in McFadden. :faf:

Beefster
23-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Ah, but Motherwell ARE the big winners in this one. Just think of the sell on value of McManus and McFadden in 2 years time. They'll be selling 2 players at the peak of their careers whereas well be looking to offload some mid 20's striker...Petrie!!! How very dare you gamble £200k on a potential goal machine rather than just go with a tried and proven striker in McFadden. :faf:

Given we've signed players of the age of Maybury, Vine and Kuqi in the last year or so, I don't think we're in any position to start taking the piss out of Motherwell for signing McFadden and McManus.

Who cares about their sell-on value if they help Motherwell finish second for the next season or two?

Aldo
23-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Given we've signed players of the age of Maybury, Vine and Kuqi in the last year or so, I don't think we're in any position to start taking the piss out of Motherwell for signing McFadden and McManus.

Who cares about their sell-on value if they help Motherwell finish second for the next season or two?

2 very good signings for them tbh. They still need to find another couple of that quality to emulate last seasons exploits. Vigurs/Lawson/McFadden and McManus all good signings.

The problem they are going to have is replacing the goals- Higdon and Ojama (spl) scored and made quite a few.

KeithTheHibby
23-07-2013, 12:25 PM
2 very good signings for them tbh. They still need to find another couple of that quality to emulate last seasons exploits. Vigurs/Lawson/McFadden and McManus all good signings.

The problem they are going to have is replacing the goals- Higdon and Ojama (spl) scored and made quite a few.

They have also lost Law, Humphries and Randolph, 3 excellent players for them. Nothing personally against Motherwell or their fans but they have been performing above their station for last couple of years, it ends this season.

Mikey
23-07-2013, 12:33 PM
"Meanwhile, Hibs target James Collins has revealed he won’t be rushed into a move to Edinburgh with English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town among those also said to be showing an interest in the Swindon Town striker.

Collins remained behind as the Robins headed for a pre-season training camp in Portugal to get his future sorted out with Hibs reported to have had a £200,000 bid for the 22-year-old accepted. However, it is understood wages could prove to be an obstacle with Collins already believed to earn around £3500 a week at League One Swindon.

Collins admitted to having made some inquiries of his own about Hibs, but added: “I don’t want to get ahead of myself because I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t want to rush into anything becasue my next move is an important one for my career and I’ve got to make sure it is right.”

That just adds to the theory that the player/agent leaked the story to try and generate interest from elsewhere.

LioNeilMessi
23-07-2013, 12:37 PM
They have also lost Law, Humphries and Randolph, 3 excellent players for them. Nothing personally against Motherwell or their fans but they have been performing above their station for last couple of years, it ends this season.

Very interesting, but do you think Collins will sign for us?:cb

ahibby
23-07-2013, 12:39 PM
That just adds to the theory that the player/agent leaked the story to try and generate interest from elsewhere.

Yep and the longer it goes on the less time Hibs have to find a different striker, I wonder how long RP will give him to come to a decision, before we look elsewhere. I can't blame the guy but my interest is in Hibs not him.

LongshanksED
23-07-2013, 02:18 PM
McFadden and McManus won't have any resale value. They only signed 1 year contracts each

Keith_M
23-07-2013, 02:25 PM
So many 'in the know' people on here, almost unbelievable...

Almost?

:greengrin

Houchy
23-07-2013, 02:32 PM
McFadden and McManus won't have any resale value. They only signed 1 year contracts each

It's ok, my tongue in cheek post about sell on fees appears to have cleared a few heads.

Keith_M
23-07-2013, 02:32 PM

With that kind of money, we could surely buy a Robotic Eagle to catch all those pigeons that regularly sh*t on the seats at the back of the West Stand.

Money well spent.

GraniteCityHibs
23-07-2013, 02:39 PM
It's ok, my tongue in cheek post about sell on fees appears to have cleared a few heads.

Is there an 'I'M CLEARLY BEING SARCASTIC SO HOLD YOUR FIRE WITH THE KNEEJERK REPLIES' smilie?

If not, can we get one?

Every thread must have an accumulative 2 pages of just people missing the point and folk saying 'WOOOSH!' and in some cases the folk who missed the point then claiming a WOOOSH back as if they were joking the whole time!

matty_f
23-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Is there an 'I'M CLEARLY BEING SARCASTIC SO HOLD YOUR FIRE WITH THE KNEEJERK REPLIES' smilie?

If not, can we get one?

Every thread must have an accumulative 2 pages of just people missing the point and folk saying 'WOOOSH!' and in some cases the folk who missed the point then claiming a WOOOSH back as if they were joking the whole time!

Erm....WHOOOOSH?

GraniteCityHibs
23-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Erm....WHOOOOSH?

Oh yeah...hahaha. WOOOOSH back at ya!! cos I meant that!!

I'm in on the joke! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The_Horde
23-07-2013, 02:44 PM
If that's true and he's not made his mind up yet and is clearly trying to generate more interest I hope hibs don't wait too long! I want him to want to play for hibs, not just play because we're his only option.

Andy74
23-07-2013, 03:17 PM
;3684156']If that's true and he's not made his mind up yet and is clearly trying to generate more interest I hope hibs don't wait too long! I want him to want to play for hibs, not just play because we're his only option.

I don't think Rod will muck about too much if we don't get an answer.

At least we know we are clearly looking for a physical striker in the £100k to £200k range!

The Sea-gull
23-07-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't think Rod will muck about too much if we don't get an answer.

At least we know we are clearly looking for a physical striker in the £100k to £200k range!

Unfortunately most clubs selling that type of striker will now know our price range. Ah well, maybe as we all know where we stand, when we finally do find one willing to come to us, the deal might be done quickly.

Makaveli
23-07-2013, 03:45 PM

If not, can we get one?

True story. I was thinking the exact same thing after reading a different thread earlier on.

Jones28
23-07-2013, 03:51 PM
So...is it happening? :greengrin:

ancient hibee
23-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah...hahaha. WOOOOSH back at ya!! cos I meant that!!

I'm in on the joke! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A bit like playing poker and you can't spot the mug -and too late realise it's you.

manx hibee
23-07-2013, 07:53 PM
So...is it happening? :greengrin:

OK You so called itk is this happening or what FFS
GGTTH

GraniteCityHibs
23-07-2013, 07:53 PM
A bit like playing poker and you can't spot the mug -and too late realise it's you.

That's why I dont play poker. Crackin Connect 4 player though.

jgl07
23-07-2013, 07:59 PM

They wouldn't have had a resale value anyway given their ages and injury records.

Speedway
23-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Can anyone name me a 'Hibs are closing in on......' story that David Hardie has gone to print with that didn't end up happening?

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Can anyone name me a 'Hibs are closing in on......' story that David Hardie has gone to print with that didn't end up happening?

That appalling puff piece about the East Mains helipad. Never happened.

Now, where's that link got to?

clerriehibs
23-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Wonder if he has anything to do with banderson? Hardie is very much old school, while banderson is pretty much playskool.

Mikey
23-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Very valid point!

clerriehibs
23-07-2013, 08:06 PM

If not, can we get one?

Even the 1 page threads?

bingo70
23-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Think he went with the story about the Honduran winger with the good name, pedro santos was it?

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Steve Naismith? :dunno:

rcarter1
23-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Also in the Evening news online site in an article about Micahel Laudrup commenting on the Malmo Hibs game...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/michael-laudrup-says-hibs-have-euro-chance-1-3010270

'Meanwhile, Hibs target James Collins has revealed he won’t be rushed into a move to Edinburgh with English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town among those also said to be showing an interest in the Swindon Town striker.

Speedway
23-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Think he went with the story about the Honduran winger with the good name, pedro santos was it?

I believe that was an 'on the trail of' story.

Andy74
23-07-2013, 08:13 PM

Thought that myself yesterday. Hardie has to watch what he writes.

AlbertK86
23-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hoping Hibs can push this through by tomorrow

1. This will lift the fans and add another 1-2k to the crowd on Thursday

2. He'll be registered to play against Swansea in next round !

Come on Rod work yer magic

Show the ambition and hopefully the fans will respond

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
23-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I believe that was an 'on the trail of' story.

... The lonesome steak pie ... ;)

damn all this coded word-crafting ;)

GreenPJ
23-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Hoping Hibs can push this through by tomorrow

1. This will lift the fans and add another 1-2k to the crowd on Thursday

2. He'll be registered to play against Swansea in next round !

Come on Rod work yer magic

Show the ambition and hopefully the fans will respond

GGTTH

If the passing of a true great like Lawrie Reilly can't add 1-2K to the crowd, signing a young irish/english striker certainly isn't.

down-the-slope
23-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Surely from a players point of view waiting till the outcome of Thursdays match (and hopefully still in Euros) would make sense :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
23-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Surely from a players point of view waiting till the outcome of Thursdays match (and hopefully still in Euros) would make sense :rolleyes:

I would hope that the decision on whether or not a player wants to sign for Hibs is based on a far bigger picture than if we win one European tie.

SteveHFC
23-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Meanwhile, Hibs target James Collins has revealed he won’t be rushed into a move to Edinburgh with English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town among those also said to be showing an interest in the Swindon Town striker.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/michael-laudrup-says-hibs-have-euro-chance-1-3010270

CRAZYHIBBY
24-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Just read a wee snippet on newsnow saying hes holding talks today ........source noos noo

Jones28
24-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Just read a wee snippet on newsnow saying hes holding talks today ........source noos noo

Good stuff. C'mon Rod, work your magic!

NOLA
24-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Meanwhile, Hibs target James Collins has revealed he won’t be rushed into a move to Edinburgh with English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town among those also said to be showing an interest in the Swindon Town striker.

Reading that,sounds like he doesn't really want to come here and is waiting on other offers?

gorgie greens
24-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Reading that,sounds like he doesn't really want to come here and is waiting on other offers?

If he don't want to sign ,we need to look else where,think once he views stadium n east mains,he will realise we're not mickey mouse club un like our mighty neighbours who have 400000 fans,n are a real force in Europe

PatHead
24-07-2013, 08:50 AM

I previously worked for a bank and now and then found myself quoted in the papers following a press release by them. Never ever said the words they were just "standard" phrases. This statement looks like one that would be put out by his agent and could have been anytime over past few months. Would not surprise me if same wording appeared on another club's website later or previously. We will all know he has signed when the statement about East Mains/stadium etc. appears.

Peevemor
24-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I previously worked for a bank and now and then found myself quoted in the papers following a press release by them. Never ever said the words they were just "standard" phrases. This statement looks like one that would be put out by his agent and could have been anytime over past few months. Would not surprise me if same wording appeared on another club's website later or previously. We will all know he has signed when the statement about East Mains/stadium etc. appears.

Exactly. If he has signed but has been asked to keep it quiet then that statement is perfect.

Speedway
24-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Whoever got their late night text to say the deal was done a couple of days ago was well wide of the mark.

RickyS
24-07-2013, 08:57 AM

surely rules us out?

Andy74
Once he sees us spanking Malmo in front of 22,000 fans he will be begging Rod to play for us. Really.

ahibby

It is easy for us to judge but usually because of our green tinted specs we don't always judge correctly. Other theories which might be jus as valid could be.

1. He is trying to increase the value of his contract with Hibs by pondering a little etc.
2. He is signing and Hibs know it but will wait until Friday to announce it, to add to the joy of getting through to next round or exiting and in a way giving some concillation.
3. He has no taste and would rather go to a league 1 side than come to the wonderful, magnificent Hibees, in which case, no tears lost.

Speedway
24-07-2013, 08:59 AM
If you're not from Scotland, not a Hibby and could get any Championship/League 1 gig; why would you sign for Hibs?

ahibby
24-07-2013, 09:00 AM
surely rules us out?

Key word is around and might be made up of bonuses, appearances etc. Doubt Hibs would go much over £1000-£1500 a week perhaps with incentives on top but having said that, forwards usually attract more money than other positions so who knows. Certainly we wouldn't match £3500 a week for him.

Spike Mandela
24-07-2013, 09:04 AM
If you're not from Scotland, not a Hibby and could get any Championship/League 1 gig; why would you sign for Hibs?

European football, chance to play in cup finals, stepping stone to bigger teams, games against the old firm, Edinburgh Derbies, International chances enhanced, media coverage bigger than league warrants, Edinburgh etc etc.

Just not for the money.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Once he sees us spanking Malmo in front of 2,000 fans he will be begging Rod to play for us. Really.

Fixed that for you ;)

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Whoever got their late night text to say the deal was done a couple of days ago was well wide of the mark.

Do you know something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Hermit Crab
24-07-2013, 09:42 AM

What's the SP speeders??

PatHead
24-07-2013, 09:43 AM
European football, chance to play in cup finals, stepping stone to bigger teams, games against the old firm, Edinburgh Derbies, International chances enhanced, media coverage bigger than league warrants, Edinburgh etc etc.

Just not for the money.:greengrin

Slight flaw in your argument- Europe-?, Cup finals-ok, stepping stone-?, Old Firm don't exist, Derbies don't exist any more or at least won't by next season. Others are fair enough though.

Speedway
24-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Do you know something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

What's the SP speeders??

Nothing much gents, simply that if you believe the hootsmon, talks with Collins only get under way today so 'I'm hearing the deal is done' or 'he's signed' or whatever are very unlikely to be true. He also would have been registered by Hibs by now and he's not.

GraniteCityHibs
24-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Even the 1 page threads?

Especially 1 page threads!!!

gegs70
24-07-2013, 09:52 AM
This one seems to be stalling...

Hibs cant seem to get these deals done and dusted?

IWasThere2016
24-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Once he sees us spanking Malmo in front of 22,000 fans he will be begging Rod to play for us. Really.

Just ordered my tickets and it was a squeeze to get 3 together - basically the corners, Lower West or FF Upper was all that was available.

Why do I leave things to the last minute all the time!!! PETRIE :grr:

Makaveli
24-07-2013, 10:14 AM
This one seems to be stalling...

Hibs cant seem to get these deals done and dusted?

It's been two days!

IWasThere2016
24-07-2013, 10:18 AM
It's been two days!

And the player has said publicly he won't be rushed!!

gegs70
24-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I was kind of talking about prebioud bids for strikers and collins reporting to have said " he will take his time.." It just seems to be dragging on..

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm sure this is the usual timescale for a deal to be done. Except in this case the bid acceptance was made public knowledge a few days ago which is giving us the impression things are stalling.

At the end of the day, one of the major gripes against this fine club of ours is that we're not focusing on major areas of the team, we're looking at bargain basement signings, we refuse to back the manager and we refuse to show ambition and speculate to accumulate.

This one deal, whether he signs or not, flies in the face of all the above. Well done, Petrie and Fenlon.

Aldo
24-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Hibs do as they usually do - play their cards close to their chest and don't announce until business is concluded and the player has signed.

Yes we want the deal done and dusted so nobody comes in and offers him a fiver more and scuppers the deal.

Europa league is important but not as important as a week on Sunday against Well. Hopefully we will have a few more players in place for then.

You never know someone might be paraded tomorrow nite before the KO.

cabbageandribs1875
24-07-2013, 11:05 AM
swindon have just signed their 4th spurs player on loan, that's 8 spurs players they have had either on loan or permanent since last season

p.s.....FACT

Winston Ingram
24-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Key word is around and might be made up of bonuses, appearances etc. Doubt Hibs would go much over £1000-£1500 a week perhaps with incentives on top but having said that, forwards usually attract more money than other positions so who knows. Certainly we wouldn't match £3500 a week for him.

If we're paying £200k for him, I'd suspect he'll be one of our higher earners

PatHead
24-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm sure this is the usual timescale for a deal to be done. Except in this case the bid acceptance was made public knowledge a few days ago which is giving us the impression things are stalling.

At the end of the day, one of the major gripes against this fine club of ours is that we're not focusing on major areas of the team, we're looking at bargain basement signings, we refuse to back the manager and we refuse to show ambition and speculate to accumulate.

This one deal, whether he signs or not, flies in the face of all the above. Well done, Petrie and Fenlon.

Don't think Hibs would have put a bid in for him without having an idea of terms the player was looking for, so hopefully deal is nearer the end than the beginning. I suspect clubs speak to agents before putting a bid in but maybe someone with a better knowledge could confirm. Also would Hibs have agents looking after our end or is that solely down to Rod?

Pray4Marc
24-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Does anybody no the other clubs who have also had a bid accepted?.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2013, 11:13 AM
The player himself will have an agent most likely. Whether he was contacted prior to a bid being made or vice versa we'll probably never know.

Once the talks start you'd have the player, his agent/representative, Petrie and possibly a Hibs lawyer/solicitor at the table to hammer out the finer details and draw up a contract.

The player himself would probably have talks separately with Fenlon more based around his role in the team, the clubs plans and shared ambitions etc.

That's my (un)educated guess.

Heisenberg
24-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Does anybody no the other clubs who have also had a bid accepted?.

Is there any?

proud_and_green
24-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Why would he want Rod to play for us...?

lord bunberry
24-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I think it's quite positive that it's dragging on a bit, let's be honest if it was just down to money then we probably wouldn't be in the running. we can offer him something that lower end championship clubs can't, a chance to play in Europe, a realistic chance of winning something, a better chance of gaining international recognition and a better chance of gaining a move to the big time. The only thing we can't offer is a big wage but taking a smaller wage now and getting regular first team football may well lead to a bigger wage further down the line.

rcarter1
24-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I think it's quite positive that it's dragging on a bit, let's be honest if it was just down to money then we probably wouldn't be in the running. we can offer him something that lower end championship clubs can't, a chance to play in Europe, a realistic chance of winning something, a better chance of gaining international recognition and a better chance of gaining a move to the big time. The only thing we can't offer is a big wage but taking a smaller wage now and getting regular first team football may well lead to a bigger wage further down the line.

Agree with most of this, but is there really a better chance of getting a move to the big time from Hibs, compared to Huddersfield? Surely its easier for a Premiership side to gauge a players ability in the Championship than the SPL.

Speedway
24-07-2013, 11:54 AM
This 'dragging on a bit' thing.

Sunday: Rod gets bid accepted. Rod asks when player can arrive for talks. Arrangements are made for player to arrive Wednesday.

Monday: Club legend passes away.

Tuesday: Tributes pour in for club legend.

Wednesday: Player arrives for talks on schedule.

Wednesday lunchtime: .net reports that things are dragging on a bit.

monteddie
24-07-2013, 11:57 AM
The player himself will have an agent most likely. Whether he was contacted prior to a bid being made or vice versa we'll probably never know.

Once the talks start you'd have the player, his agent/representative, Petrie and possibly a Hibs lawyer/solicitor at the table to hammer out the finer details and draw up a contract.

The player himself would probably have talks separately with Fenlon more based around his role in the team, the clubs plans and shared ambitions etc.

That's my (un)educated guess.

Tend to agree with your uneducated guess, would like to think we should have some idea of what it would take to sign this guy. I have trust in felon and the tache but who remembers the inspirational signings of wright and Jackson back in the late eighties would love to have those guys today.