PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors logo on the home shirt.

Bristolhibby
20-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Only washed it a couple of times (inside out as always to protect sponsors logos), and already it looks like its one wash away from peeling off.

Anyone else had problems?

I'm not up in Edinburgh over the summer so difficult to swap.

J

S.sct
20-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Only washed it a couple of times (inside out as always to protect sponsors logos), and already it looks like its one wash away from peeling off.

J

The "forever green" on the back of my sons home top is almost off already. Glad there are no sponsors logos on his top. Poor.

Aaron
20-07-2013, 12:33 PM
The only reason I never bought a top this year was because the logo looked so cheaply made. I remember this happening when we had the Whyte & MacKay logo too - I think the club issued replacements with an improved logo.

This is really unacceptable to be happening for a product of the price the shop sell it for especially as this has happened before.

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Hardly surprising, bad enough that fans fall for the marketing ploy of new kits every season without them being pish poor quality!

Boyle89
20-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Hardly surprising, bad enough that fans fall for the marketing ploy of new kits every season without them being pish poor quality!

That's a bit harsh. I don't fall for a ploy I just wish to support my club and normally I quite like the strips. Mine arrived today so I'm kind of worried to read this :(

Hibernia Na Eir
20-07-2013, 01:30 PM

J

don't mean to be cheeky, but, try washing at 30. I doubt it would have come close to coming off at that temperature. Plus, yer clothes will all stay in better condition at that temp.

Makaveli
20-07-2013, 01:31 PM
I didn't buy it because of this. The shiny W&M logos peeled off both my 2004/05 tops... once bitten and all that.

Last year's Crabbies logo was perfect on all the strips, so why resort to a shiny transfer this year? Not good enough when folk are spending >£40.

allezsauzee
20-07-2013, 04:12 PM
My black away top from 2005-6 season is still going strong and i have no inclination to swap it for the new one. Quality strip worn by a quality team

jonny
20-07-2013, 04:51 PM
don't mean to be cheeky, but, try washing at 30. I doubt it would have come close to coming off at that temperature. Plus, yer clothes will all stay in better condition at that temp.

Do you have any tips for preventing my hair going fuzzy in the heat? :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
20-07-2013, 06:30 PM
My black away top from 2005-6 season is still going strong and i have no inclination to swap it for the new one. Quality strip worn by a quality team

I have that one too, looks 'as new' after all these years.

Makaveli
20-07-2013, 06:54 PM
My black 05/06 away top is also still in great nick, precisely because LCS/Hibs listened to the complaints in 04/05 and got rid of the peel-prone logos.

Aaron
20-07-2013, 07:17 PM
My black 05/06 away top is also still in great nick, precisely because LCS/Hibs listened to the complaints in 04/05 and got rid of the peel-prone logos.

Yet we increase the price of our shirts and go back to the 'peel-prone' logos. Disappointing :rolleyes:

TRC
20-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Carlsberg strip from the 6-2 game still have mine and logo is still stuck fast

Billy Whizz
20-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Carlsberg strip from the 6-2 game still have mine and logo is still stuck fast

I have this as well, quality material

DAVE1875
20-07-2013, 07:47 PM

My home shirt from that season still has nearly the full sponsor. Been worn and washed many many times and the only bit missing on the sponsor is a small gash from a football stud

sbell1875
20-07-2013, 08:22 PM
I recall the first shirts with Whyte & Mackay were excellent shirts but piss poor quality sponsor panels but the next year my home shirt (and away shirt despite many wears) are still fully in tact. When the Whyte & Mackay logo change to a flat one with the lions I felt they became indestructible!

Then we went with McEwan Fraser and they became flimsy again. The Crabbie's one last year looked much more discreet as it was just the letters and a border.

I've yet to buy any of this years shirts but on first viewing at Raith last Friday I was more impressed with the black shirt.

andudare2
20-07-2013, 08:54 PM
grandson got name&number on top&shorts yesterday in club shop(nike?) peeling of already,seems everything to do with new kit(s),shop is shody to say the least!!!!!

Jones28
20-07-2013, 11:55 PM
The club should really be slated for this. Spending £42 on any shirt is a fair whack, but on a shirt that is, for most of us, the least of your spending on Hibs this season I expect far better. I have the new top and will try to take all steps possible to stop it from happening. If it does happen I'm wanting a refund.

Who sets the prices anyway? Sounds a stupid question but Nike will have some sort of condition that garuntees them x amount so the shirts have to be sold for more.

Aaron
21-07-2013, 12:49 AM
The club should really be slated for this. Spending £42 on any shirt is a fair whack, but on a shirt that is, for most of us, the least of your spending on Hibs this season I expect far better. I have the new top and will try to take all steps possible to stop it from happening. If it does happen I'm wanting a refund.

Who sets the prices anyway? Sounds a stupid question but Nike will have some sort of condition that garuntees them x amount so the shirts have to be sold for more.

My understanding is that Just Sport Group ( http://www.justsport-group.com/) buy the shirts from Nike then they embroider our badge and print sponser logo. Hibs buy them from Just-Sports to sell to us supporters at whatever price they choose.

MrRobot
21-07-2013, 09:01 AM
I should be alright if I get the kit, im skinny enough to fit into an XLB top this year :na na:

Hibernia Na Eir
21-07-2013, 09:08 AM

shave it.

Or, visit a doctor.

Bristolhibby
21-07-2013, 09:17 AM

I'll give that a go. I tend to wash at 40.

Get me, all domesticated!

My Dads up North next month, if I get any more trouble I'll get him to take it back and get it swapped.

J

Dan Sarf
21-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Been alternating a set of 3 Whyte & MacKay short sleeved (grey) leisure shirts practically every day for 7 years now. Apart from getting a bit tight round the middle, they're as good as new, give or take a few bobbles. (For the information of Domestic Goddesses, they're washed at 30 and never tumble dried.)

mixuok
21-07-2013, 12:38 PM

ha! class :aok: