PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance Locations

Cocaine&Caviar
20-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi everyone,

in similar vain to my recent Honda Civic thread, seeking a bit of advice ahead of buying my first car.

Basically, about to buy a 2004 Honda Civic 1.6L.

Essentially, I currently live in Dalry or have done for uni, with my home in Lowestoft where my DVLA is registered and mother owned home, but will be moving to Derby in a few weeks to relocate and to work.

With all this in mind, I got a number of different insurance quotes.

Lowestoft: £558

Edinburgh: £593

Derby: £1203!!!

As you can see there is more than a 50% increase for me to have it in Derby rather than Lowestoft.

I was wondering if im able to register it as Lowestoft, which is where my license is registered to, and where is my home essentially, although ill be working and living in temporary accommodation in Derby?

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone,

in similar vain to my recent Honda Civic thread, seeking a bit of advice ahead of buying my first car.

Basically, about to buy a 2004 Honda Civic 1.6L.

Essentially, I currently live in Dalry or have done for uni, with my home in Lowestoft where my DVLA is registered and mother owned home, but will be moving to Derby in a few weeks to relocate and to work.

With all this in mind, I got a number of different insurance quotes.

Lowestoft: £558

Edinburgh: £593

Derby: £1203!!!

As you can see there is more than a 50% increase for me to have it in Derby rather than Lowestoft.

I was wondering if im able to register it as Lowestoft, which is where my license is registered to, and where is my home essentially, although ill be working and living in temporary accommodation in Derby?

If you're working and living in Derby then that will be the address you will need to use for your insurance, your car will be driven, and parked/kept in Derby. Any attempt to get round it may effect you if you ever have to claim.

blaikie
22-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Address fronting can void your policy, be very careful best to call if its unusual circumstances.