PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Introducing 'Leith Links' To The Hibernian Family

FranckSuzy
19-07-2013, 09:06 PM
http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/832/8u3.png

:trumpet: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the wait is finally over! The Let’s Work Together team proudly present ‘Leith Links', the fund created to support the Hibernian initiative, Kicks for Kids. (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853083,00.html) Our aim is to attract donations in order that children, who may not normally have the chance, can attend games at Easter Road and be welcomed into the Hibee family.

There are a few people whom, without their support and guidance, this initiative would never have gotten off the ground so if I may, a few thank yous are in order:

The hibs.net admin team – many thanks for your permission to use .net to promote this initiative and reach out to the Hibee family. Your guidance and advice is much appreciated :thumbsup:
The ‘Let’s Work Together’ guys– thanks for just letting me run with the idea and for keeping this mad woman happy :greengrin
Jonnyboy/Desperate Dan/Mrs. S – your sage advice and honesty (especially DD’s :wink:) were gratefully received
CabbagePatch – the logo that you designed ^ (free of charge) for Leith Links is, well, Hibs class young man. Thank you :not worth
monktonharp - the first donation received was from Milton Mowbray HSC at Wullie’s request. Thank you so much for taking us at face value and contributing a very healthy amount :aok:

If you would like to contribute, and no matter how small the donation is, it will be gratefully received. Payment can be made on a one-off basis by PayPal, cheque or if you are able, by monthly direct debit (https://gocardless.com/)or Standing Order. Please PM me or email leithlinks@live.co.uk (leithlinks@live.co.uk) for more details. Donations will be pooled and once multiples of £75 have been collected, Sue Mclernon at Hibs will allocate the ticket(s). Contributors can nominate specific groups who they think would benefit from the scheme and Sue will contact them.

Learn more:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/LeithLinks4Kids (http://www.facebook.com/LeithLinks4Kids)
Twitter: @LeithLinks4Kids (https://twitter.com/)
(https://twitter.com/)Email: leithlinks@live.co.uk

****This fund is supported by The Hibernian Community Foundation and approved by Hibernian Football Club****

Hibernian: helping those less fortunate since 1875.

Please note: this is not a .net initiative-it is a Hibee family initiative. The fund is being launched on various forums and is being administered separately from the existing and very successful .net fundraiser. It is not intended to take away from .net’s impressive work in anyway and I am extremely appreciative of their assistance in this matter. This fund just aims to give all Hibbies the option to donate, however large or small that donation may be. Hibs intimated that they were unable to administer direct debits and small, one-off sums for Kicks for Kids so, with their permission, Leith Links was formed. Ultimately though, all monies raised will help more children attend Easter Road and that is surely everyone’s aim. GGTTH.

N.B. The link to the fishy site and the Kicks for Kids article mentions eligibilty for (potential) ticket priority. It should be made clear at this stage that this is NOT something that Hibs are likely to continue as the article is dated from July 2012.

*If anyone would like to volunteer their services, in whatever capacity they see fit, they would be gratefully received.

marinello59
19-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Good luck, hope there are lots more Kicks for Kids tickets sold, it really is a superb scheme.

FranckSuzy
19-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Good luck, hope there are lots more Kicks for Kids tickets sold, it really is a superb scheme.

Thanks J :aok: The kids are the winners in all of this at the end of the day :agree: Again, my grateful thanks to the admins for giving me the green light to promote this on .net. GGTTH.

offshorehibby
20-07-2013, 07:30 AM
:thumbsup:

Eyrie
20-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Direct debit is the way to go. Won't miss a small amount each month, but it will build up over the course of a year.

Saorsa
20-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Good work FS :aok: Hope the uptake is good efter all your work, it's a great scheme, helping the kids and helping the team, 'mon the Hibs :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Great effort to get this up and running congrats to all. We now have that avenue folks desired over to the peeps now...

Jonnyboy
20-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Top marks to Suzy for her sterling work on getting this up and running :agree:

I'm away to set up my direct debit :greengrin

Forza Fred
20-07-2013, 10:49 PM

Top marks indeed.

I'll be forwarding what was left of the kitty money I escaped with when Willie and I met up with Suzy at the Persevere just before the cup final.:greengrin

ronaldo7
20-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Great effort from all the folk that have made this happen. Well done Suzy:aok:

Gerard
20-07-2013, 11:28 PM

:top marks

FranckSuzy
20-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words folks. It has certainly been a labour of love over the past few weeks but the Hibee family have rallied round and really surpassed themselves, as we have already raised £440 in little over 24 hours :thumbsup:GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
21-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Top marks indeed.

I'll be forwarding what was left of the kitty money I escaped with when Willie and I met up with Suzy at the Persevere just before the cup final.:greengrin

It'll not be much then :drunk: :tee hee:

Forza Fred
21-07-2013, 08:45 AM
It'll not be much then :drunk: :tee hee:

Nah, you had already drink most of it!:wink:

Eyrie
21-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Petrie must be reading .net - no sooner does this fund get started than he's spending the money on a new striker :thumbsup:

Gerard
21-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words folks. It has certainly been a labour of love over the past few weeks but the Hibee family have rallied round and really surpassed themselves, as we have already raised £440 in little over 24 hours :thumbsup:GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
23-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Just another wee 'Leith Links' update for you all, if I may. Well, since Friday night we've secured enough in cash donations to buy nearly 6 Kicks for Kids season tickets outright which is Hibs class indeed :agree:. We also now have 7 people who have kindly set up direct debits ranging from £5-£20 per month and there have also been various other cash donations. A brilliant response from brilliant fans :thumbsup:

Whilst this may not be a Manager's Fund by name, contributing to Leith Links, and therefore Kicks for Kids, means you help children AND support Hibs as Rod Petrie has categorically stated that all monies raised from season ticket sales will go to the Manager. A real win-win scenario if there ever was one. GGTTH.

Fred Perry
23-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Great work and well done to all involved. Was there not a thread some time ago discussing setting up a "managers fund"? I'm sure lots of people on that thread said they would be happy to set up a DD should it ever come to fruition. This initiative provides this opportunity for everyone who can afford a regular payment, no matter how small, and I for one will be taking it!! :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Jonnyboy
23-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Great work and well done to all involved. Was there not a thread some time ago discussing setting up a "managers fund"? I'm sure lots of people on that thread said they would be happy to set up a DD should it ever come to fruition. This initiative provides this opportunity for everyone who can afford a regular payment, no matter how small, and I for one will be taking it!! :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Good man Fred :thumbsup:

It's a great initiative and as it's donation based it's open to anyone who wants to join in :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Shocking website. Definitely not Hibs class.

Well, what do you expect? You asked for that! :greengrin

Seriously though, great work. I'd set up a direct debit, but I've already committed £hundreds to FOH.

Ok, I'll set up a direct debit! :thumbsup:

Gerard
23-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Good work by Suzy and the many who have made this action possible
I hope it is very successful
Gerard

FranckSuzy
23-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Shocking website. Definitely not Hibs class.

Well, what do you expect? You asked for that! :greengrin

Seriously though, great work. I'd set up a direct debit, but I've already committed £hundreds to FOH.

Ok, I'll set up a direct debit! :thumbsup:

Do you know any website developers? :cb :greengrin Seriously though, thank you:aok:

RIP
24-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Suzy - this is a great start by adding further income to the managers fund without deflecting attention away from the Hibs Lotto

To make it easier for new contributors is it not possible to simply advertise the bank sort code and bank account number?

Many of us have e-banking and could set up a Standing Order in a minute of mouse clicks.

FranckSuzy
24-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Suzy - this is a great start by adding further income to the managers fund without deflecting attention away from the Hibs Lotto

To make it easier for new contributors is it not possible to simply advertise the bank sort code and bank account number?

Many of us have e-banking and could set up a Standing Order in a minute of mouse clicks.

That's a fair point re the bank a/c details and I will post them tonight when I
get in from work. TBH, initially I was keen to have people requesting them by PM but only so I could see how the idea was being received & by which forum folk were being directed to us from etc. Count you in for £50 p/m then Gogs? ;)

Jonnyboy
24-07-2013, 09:15 PM

Maybe I'm being over cautious here but is it wise to publish a bank sort code and account number on a public forum Gogs?

A quick PM to Suzy would allow her to respond with the info and be able to monitor what's going in etc

FranckSuzy
24-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe I'm being over cautious here but is it wise to publish a bank sort code and account number on a public forum Gogs?

A quick PM to Suzy would allow her to respond with the info and be able to monitor what's going in etc

Thanks John, it is a good point :aok:

If you are willing and able to donate to Leith Links and you would like to set up a Standing Order or Direct Debit, please either PM me or email leithlinks@live.co.uk.

The information required if you wish to set up a Direct Debit is:

Your email address (if you send a PM :wink:)
The date you would like the direct debit to start
The amount you would like to donate

A link will then be sent to you from gocardless, asking you to authorise Leith Links setting up a direct debit from your bank account. You then simply enter your bank details and once this has been completed, I simply enter the amount you wish to pledge monthly and the date you would like the first payment to be deducted. A confirmation email will then be sent to you and also a reminder 3 days before the first payment will be taken (unless the first payment is to be deducted immediately or within 3 days). For those who would like to set up a Standing Order, Leith Links bank account details will be provided on request.

If you wish to pay by PayPal, please send your donation to leithlinks@live.co.uk. Cheques can also be accomodated if so desired. Please PM me for more information.

Finally, thank you all for your support and donations so far. Hibs fan's really are class :aok:

FranckSuzy
27-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Evening folks. Just a wee 'good news' update for you all (and by jove do we need some....), we now have over £750 pledged to Leith Links! Absolutely brilliant response from the Hibee family. That's 10 Kicks for Kids season tickets that will be purchased on Thursday. We also have £75 per month pledged in Direct Debits so far :thumbsup: Hibs class indeed :agree:. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
31-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the sticky admins. Much appreciated :aok:

Tomorrow, 10 Kicks for Kids season tickets will be purchased, which is an incredible achievement in a short space of time. To date, we also have £146 pledged per month, with donations ranging from £5-£50. Hibs class indeed! Many thanks to everyone who has donated so far and GGTTH. ‪#‎Hibeefamily (http://www.hibs.net/hashtag/hibeefamily)

Hibernia&Alba
31-07-2013, 01:35 PM
This is heartwarming stuff, and a huge well done is due to Frank and all who give their time via Leith Links and in other ways to raise funds for Kicks For Kids. The visits to Easter Road must be a great boost for kids who are experiencing a difficult start in life, providing them with enjoyment and friendship. It's a fantastic scheme. :not worth

FranckSuzy
31-07-2013, 10:23 PM
This is heartwarming stuff, and a huge well done is due to Frank and all who give their time via Leith Links and in other ways to raise funds for Kicks For Kids. The visits to Easter Road must be a great boost for kids who are experiencing a difficult start in life, providing them with enjoyment and friendship. It's a fantastic scheme. :not worth

Thanks very much for your kind words H&A :thumbsup: 10 tickets will be purchased tomorrow and we now have £150 per month pledged via Direct Debits and Standing Orders so by Christmas time, we hope to be able to purchase a sustantial amount of tickets and therefore welcome even more children into the Hibee family. Our fan's really are Hibs class :agree: Cheers, Suzy.

FranckSuzy
01-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Another wee update if I may :wink: The legend that is Jimmy Adjovi-Boco is now on board with his support of Leith Links! :woohoo: :not worth :greengrin More details to be announced soon :agree: GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
05-08-2013, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to share the lovely email I received today from Richmond Hope, the children's counselling service. Two of the Kicks for Kids season tickets I purchased on behalf of Leith Links were allocated here:

"Good Afternoon

I am writing to you from Richmond’s Hope Bereavement Project to thank you for the wonderful donation of two season tickets for Hibernian Football Club. This will be a great thing to be able to offer to the children and families who attend Richmond’s Hope. I have attached one of our leaflets that explains a bit more about what Richmond’s Hope offers and what support we give children and young people who have been bereaved.

If you would like any further information or you would like to visit Richmond’s Hope please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again thank you so very much for this wonderful gift".

That's what it's all about :agree: :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
05-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I just wanted to share the lovely email I received today from Richmond Hope, the children's counselling service. Two of the Kicks for Kids season tickets I purchased on behalf of Leith Links were allocated here:

"Good Afternoon

I am writing to you from Richmond’s Hope Bereavement Project to thank you for the wonderful donation of two season tickets for Hibernian Football Club. This will be a great thing to be able to offer to the children and families who attend Richmond’s Hope. I have attached one of our leaflets that explains a bit more about what Richmond’s Hope offers and what support we give children and young people who have been bereaved.

If you would like any further information or you would like to visit Richmond’s Hope please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again thank you so very much for this wonderful gift".

That's what it's all about :agree: :thumbsup:

Back to our roots Suzy, well done :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
05-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Couldn't agree more - well done Suzy :hibees

FranckSuzy
05-08-2013, 09:04 PM

Couldn't agree more - well done Suzy :hibees

Thanks very much guys. I was absolutely delighted to receive this today. Thanks to everyone who made this donation possible :aok:

Jay
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Suzy, i know a couple of young kids who have been helped enormously by them after their teenage sister was killed in a car crash. An amazing bunch of people. So glad Leith Links helped them out.

FranckSuzy
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Suzy, i know a couple of young kids who have been helped enormously by them after their teenage sister was killed in a car crash. An amazing bunch of people. So glad Leith Links helped them out.

Absolutely. My wee pal (who met Ivan) used their services too and I have nothing but praise for the fantastic work they do.

FranckSuzy
07-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I received this email from Hibs this morning and just wanted to share it with you all:

"Dear Leith Links members

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of Hibernian FC’s “Kicks for Kids” season ticket initiative for season 2013/14 and your fantastic donation of 10 season tickets!

As one of the Club’s longest running community initiatives, your support is important to the many charities/voluntary organisations and children who benefit from your generosity.

As requested, your season tickets have been allocated to Magdalene Community Centre, St Ninian’s Youth Club, Canongate Youth Project, Richmond’s Hope and Multi-cultural Family Base.

Thanks again for really making a difference to the lives of disadvantaged youngsters.

Kind regards

Sue".

GGTTH.

Jonnyboy
07-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I received this email from Hibs this morning and just wanted to share it with you all:

"Dear Leith Links members

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of Hibernian FC’s “Kicks for Kids” season ticket initiative for season 2013/14 and your fantastic donation of 10 season tickets!

As one of the Club’s longest running community initiatives, your support is important to the many charities/voluntary organisations and children who benefit from your generosity.

As requested, your season tickets have been allocated to Magdalene Community Centre, St Ninian’s Youth Club, Canongate Youth Project, Richmond’s Hope and Multi-cultural Family Base.

Thanks again for really making a difference to the lives of disadvantaged youngsters.

Kind regards

Sue".

GGTTH.

Fantastic :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
13-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, it's not ALL doom and gloom down Easter Road way......as the all new Leith Links website is now up and running at http://leithlinks4kids.com (http://leithlinks4kids.com/). Many thanks to JFTB for stepping up to the plate and providing us with a first class site :agree:

We'll also soon to be in a position to purchase another 10 Kicks for Kids STs, taking us up to 20 in total, as The Australian Hibs Supporters Club are making a group donation today. Hibs class indeed :not worth. Many thanks to all those who have donated so far. GGTTH.

Gerard
13-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Well, it's not ALL doom and gloom down Easter Road way......as the all new Leith Links website is now up and running at http://leithlinks4kids.com (http://leithlinks4kids.com/). Many thanks to JFTB for stepping up to the plate and providing us with a first class site :agree:

We'll also soon to be in a position to purchase another 10 Kicks for Kicks STs, taking us up to 20 in total, as The Australian Hibs Supporters Club are making a group donation today. Hibs class indeed :not worth. Many thanks to all those who have donated so far. GGTTH.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

FranckSuzy
15-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Forgive me for posting yet ANOTHER update but I reckon this one is merited :agree: It is now 4 weeks since Leith Links was launched and we have raised a truly remarkable £1500! This is enough to purchase another 10 Kicks for Kids season tickets, making 20 bought in total, SO FAR! That is an outstanding achievement in a very short space of time, I'm sure you'll agree :not worth My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has contributed to our fund, in whatever way, large or small, and for taking me at face value. You really are Hibs class.

P.S...well, there had to be one, :wink: It only takes £6.25 p/m to buy one Kicks for Kids season ticket or 10 people chipping in £7.50.....or even 100 people giving 75p...... I'll leave that thought with you......:greengrin. GGTTH.

http://leithlinks4kids.com

GORDONSMITH7
15-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Forgive me for posting yet ANOTHER update but I reckon this one is merited :agree: It is now 4 weeks since Leith Links was launched and we have raised a truly remarkable £1500! This is enough to purchase another 10 Kicks for Kids season tickets, making 20 bought in total, SO FAR! That is an outstanding achievement in a very short space of time, I'm sure you'll agree :not worth My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has contributed to our fund, in whatever way, large or small, and for taking me at face value. You really are Hibs class.

P.S...well, there had to be one, :wink: It only takes £6.25 p/m to buy one Kicks for Kids season ticket or 10 people chipping in £7.50.....or even 100 people giving 75p...... I'll leave that thought with you......:greengrin. GGTTH.

http://leithlinks4kids.com

Kick on Suzy.

BIG G

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Great news . I was really chuffed last season when I got a couple of e mails from people who`d accompanied youngsters to matches with tickets I`d bought . Most of us here have supported Hibs for a long time whether long means 5 , 20 or 50 ( or more ! ) years and so have suffered many disappointments but may have forgotten that great feeling of seeing the Holy Ground for the first time whatever the result or performance on the pitch . Very sincere thanks to all the people who do this .

FranckSuzy
15-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Great news . I was really chuffed last season when I got a couple of e mails from people who`d accompanied youngsters to matches with tickets I`d bought . Most of us here have supported Hibs for a long time whether long means 5 , 20 or 50 ( or more ! ) years and so have suffered many disappointments but may have forgotten that great feeling of seeing the Holy Ground for the first time whatever the result or performance on the pitch . Very sincere thanks to all the people who do this .

:thumbsup: Thank you very much and it is a pleasure :agree:

FranckSuzy
15-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Kick on Suzy.

BIG G

Thanks G :aok:

FranckSuzy
09-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I received another lovely update today which I wanted to share with you all.......

'I hope this e-mail finds you well. I am writing with an update, since you gave us this wonderful gift we have had different children and their carers attend the matches. We have had positive feedback from each of them. Being able to offer this to our families is marvellous as a lot of children who attend Richmond’s Hope used to attend all the games before the person died but due to different constraints(shortage of money, or the person that took them died) they have been unable to attend.

This is such a great gift to give to children and I really do appreciate all your support'.

Many thanks to everyone who made this donation possible:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
09-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I received another lovely update today which I wanted to share with you all.......

'I hope this e-mail finds you well. I am writing with an update, since you gave us this wonderful gift we have had different children and their carers attend the matches. We have had positive feedback from each of them. Being able to offer this to our families is marvellous as a lot of children who attend Richmond’s Hope used to attend all the games before the person died but due to different constraints(shortage of money, or the person that took them died) they have been unable to attend.

This is such a great gift to give to children and I really do appreciate all your support'.

Many thanks to everyone who made this donation possible:thumbsup:

Great stuff Suzy. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
09-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Great stuff Suzy. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Cheers John :aok: It's thanks to all those who have contributed that this is possible :agree:

Saorsa
09-09-2013, 09:49 PM

Many thanks to everyone who made this donation possible:thumbsup:Good stuff Suzy :top marks

Even as a geriatric child hater it's nice tae ken the donations made are doing some good :agree:

Jonnyboy
09-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Good stuff Suzy :top marks

Even as a geriatric child hater it's nice tae ken the donations made are doing some good :agree:

If you're a geriatric what the hell does that make me? :greengrin

Saorsa
09-09-2013, 10:02 PM
If you're a geriatric what the hell does that make me? :greengrinan uber geriatric? :dunno:

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
09-09-2013, 10:03 PM
an uber geriatric? :greengrin

monktonharp
10-09-2013, 09:55 PM
an uber geriatric? :dunno:

:greengrinIs it true Jamie, that you quite like bairns,but couldnae eat a whole yin?:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
11-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Well done Suzy, don't know you but it's folks like you that make me proud to be a Hibby.

FranckSuzy
11-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Well done Suzy, don't know you but it's folks like you that make me proud to be a Hibby.

Thanks very much but it's because of all those Hibbies who have donated to the Kicks for Kicks initiative that this is even possible :thumbsup:GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
13-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Just heard from Hibs that Maggie's Centre have gratefully accepted our gift of 4 Kicks for Kids season tickets. Here's hoping that some children, whose parents are undergoing cancer treatment, can enjoy a day out at Easter Road and leave their worries behind for a wee while. Thanks to everyone who has donated and helped make this possible. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Fantastic effort. I was at the Lets Work Together meeting on Wednesday but didn't get chance to say hello.
Do you think Hibs would allow some type of collection boxes in the stadium? I usually have spare change which I would happily donate and I think we could make a few hundred pounds easily per game? Just a thought?

FranckSuzy
13-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Fantastic effort. I was at the Lets Work Together meeting on Wednesday but didn't get chance to say hello.
Do you think Hibs would allow some type of collection boxes in the stadium? I usually have spare change which I would happily donate and I think we could make a few hundred pounds easily per game? Just a thought?

Thanks very much. I will certainly ask the question and we'll then no doubt have a meeting about a meeting whilst wearing our blazers of course and then formulate a 5 year plan :wink: If it's not feasible, I am happy to meet anyone who would prefer to donate cash in person before or after a home game (if PayPal or bank transfers are not your thing) :aok:

Jay
13-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Just heard from Hibs that Maggie's Centre have gratefully accepted our gift of 4 Kicks for Kids season tickets. Here's hoping that some children, whose parents are undergoing cancer treatment, can enjoy a day out at Easter Road and leave their worries behind for a wee while. Thanks to everyone who has donated and helped make this possible. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

That made me smile. It's a cause very close to my heart. I know they will be we'll used and appreciated xx

FranckSuzy
13-09-2013, 09:40 PM
That made me smile. It's a cause very close to my heart. I know they will be we'll used and appreciated xx

:aok:

FranckSuzy
27-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Just another wee update, if I may. Leith Links received this email today:

"Dear all

Can I thank you on behalf of my sons and his friends for your generous donation of tickets for the recent Hibernian V Ross County match at Easter Road. This was part of the Canongate Youth Project Kicks for Kids project.

They all had a thoroughly entertaining day out at the match and all hope to be regular Hibees in the future.

Thanks one again. Your generosity is much appreciated by the local Southside community.

Kind Regards."

Jonnyboy
27-09-2013, 09:45 PM

"Dear all

Can I thank you on behalf of my sons and his friends for your generous donation of tickets for the recent Hibernian V Ross County match at Easter Road. This was part of the Canongate Youth Project Kicks for Kids project.

They all had a thoroughly entertaining day out at the match and all hope to be regular Hibees in the future.

Thanks one again. Your generosity is much appreciated by the local Southside community.

Kind Regards."

Brilliant Suzy :thumbsup:

Saorsa
27-09-2013, 09:51 PM

"Dear all

Kind Regards."

Good stuff Suzy, good tae see how the tickets are being used and enjoyed:thumbsup:

Signed

The Geriatric Child Hater :greengrin

PatHead
27-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Keep up the good work Suzy.

Gerard
27-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Keep up the good work Suzy.

:top marks:top marks

FranckSuzy
06-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Leith Links & Hibs.net received this lovely email today and I'm sure they won't mind me sharing it with you all :greengrin

"My name is Lorraine XXXX and I am a project leader at Multi-Cultural Family
Base in Leith. I run a football project on a Tuesday evening, predominantly but
not exclusively for Black & Minority Ethnic children and young people.

This is our first year and to date we have seen around 35-40 children and young
people attending weekly across two sessions.

The purpose of this email is firstly to thank you for your generosity in funding
the 6 match tickets we receive for each home match. Most of the children and
young people who attend the football sessions have never been to football match
and it has been a great day out for them (I will send a couple of photos from
the next match).

Malcolm Chisholm MSP is hosting and event for us at the Scottish Parliament on
Tuesday 19th November 6-8pm and I have attached an invitation for your both. It
would be great if you could come along and learn a bit more about the football
initiative and our longer term aims.

I will keep you both posted and thanks again."

monktonharp
06-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Leith Links & Hibs.net received this lovely email today and I'm sure they won't mind me sharing it with you all :greengrin

The purpose of this email is firstly to thank you for your generosity in funding
the next match).

:thumbsup: that is excellent Suzy. I've tried to contact the youth leader(s) at Magdalene Community Centre recently (will try again this week) just to ask if they are getting/using the tickets to games. will update when I hear

FranckSuzy
06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
that is excellent Suzy. I've tried to contact the youth leader(s) at Magdalene Community Centre recently (will try again this week) just to ask if they are getting/using the tickets to games. will update when I hear

Thanks W, that would be great :aok:

Jonnyboy
06-10-2013, 11:27 AM

the next match).

Fabulous Suzy, well done to you and to Hibs.net :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-10-2013, 07:38 AM

the next match).

Great news for a great cause well done Suzy for keeping the initiative in the spotlight.

FranckSuzy
07-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Check out the Evening News on Wednesday (or perhaps Tuesday, if they have space) for an article about Leith Links :thumbsup: They also took some photos of children who have received KfK tickets. This would not have been possible without the Hibee family's generosity :agree:. GGTTH #forthekids

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Check out page 16 of today's EEN folks :wink: :thumbsup: There's no link to it so I'll try and scan the article and post it here for those not able to access the paper. GGTTH and thanks to everyone who has donated or spread the word :not worth

HH81
11-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Good work Suzy.

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Good work Suzy.

Cheers J :aok:

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
11133 11134

Eyrie
11-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Nice article about the good work Leith Links does and I hope it inspires more people to sign up.

KdyHby
11-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Nice article about the good work Leith Links does and I hope it inspires more people to sign up.

x2

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 06:35 PM

x2

Thanks guys :thumbsup: Here's hoping.....:wink:

Jonnyboy
11-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Brilliant Suzy and the best quote ever :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Brilliant Suzy and the best quote ever :thumbsup:

:greengrin :wink: Thanks John. I love this quote, "One boy said it was the best day of his life and went to school still clutching his ticket." :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
11-10-2013, 07:42 PM
:greengrin :wink: Thanks John. I love this quote, "One boy said it was the best day of his life and went to school still clutching his ticket." :thumbsup:

Obviously a future sadist right there!

Seriously though this is a good news story that as a club and support we should be proud of.

Already contribute to the Hibernians and donate to the fund on here for kicks for kids tickets but think it's time i got involved with Leith Links as well.

Saorsa
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Nice one Suzy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hopefully encourage a few miar of my fellow geriatric child haters tae sign up :greengrin

Twiglet
11-10-2013, 08:14 PM

Loved that bit too Suzy. Brought a lump to my throat. Really good article, well done.

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Obviously a future sadist right there!

Seriously though this is a good news story that as a club and support we should be proud of.

Already contribute to the Hibernians and donate to the fund on here for kicks for kids tickets but think it's time i got involved with Leith Links as well.

Nice one Suzy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hopefully encourage a few miar of my fellow geriatric child haters tae sign up :greengrin

:greengrin Cheers guys :aok: It is thanks to the generosity of the Hibee family that this initiative has really taken off. If anyone would like to contribute, and no matter how small the donation may be, please PM me or go to our website by clicking on 'Leith Links' in my signature below. GGTTH. #Forthekids

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Loved that bit too Suzy. Brought a lump to my throat. Really good article, well done.

Cheers C :agree: Aye, I had something in my eye when I read that too :wink:

marinello59
11-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Check out page 16 of today's EEN folks :wink: :thumbsup: There's no link to it so I'll try and scan the article and post it here for those not able to access the paper. GGTTH and thanks to everyone who has donated or spread the word :not worth

We'll done. If anybody wants to question whether there really is such a thing as the Hibernian family then they should be pointed towards that article. You are a star.

FranckSuzy
11-10-2013, 09:01 PM
We'll done. If anybody wants to question whether there really is such a thing as the Hibernian family then they should be pointed towards that article. You are a star.

Cheers J, and thanks to .net for allowing me to post about Leith Links on here :aok:

leggeto
12-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Brilliant thing to do well done:-)

FranckSuzy
12-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Brilliant thing to do well done:-)

Thank you :aok: As long as more children get to go to ER then I'm happy :agree:

FranckSuzy
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Just another wee update for you folks...I am delighted to say that Leith Links has now raised £1,900. :thumbsup: A massive thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

Gerard
04-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Just another wee update for you folks...I am delighted to say that Leith Links has now raised £1,900. :thumbsup: A massive thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

Jonnyboy
05-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Fantastic news Suzy. A few more £5 a month donations would help reach the £2k mark :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Fantastic news Suzy. A few more £5 a month donations would help reach the £2k mark :greengrin

:agree: Funnily enough, 2 more donations have been received...... :wink: :not worth

KdyHby
05-11-2013, 06:07 PM
:agree: Funnily enough, 2 more donations have been received...... :wink: :not worth

Here's hoping there'll be additional direct debits or standing orders in the pipeline too.

Jonnyboy
15-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Bringing this to the top as I feel it is our duty as Hibs fans to facilitate bringing as many kids to the games as we can now that the new management/coaching team is in place :wink:

£5 a month, you know it makes sense :greengrin

FranckSuzy
15-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Bringing this to the top as I feel it is our duty as Hibs fans to facilitate bringing as many kids to the games as we can now that the new management/coaching team is in place :wink:

£5 a month, you know it makes sense :greengrin

Thanks Jonnyboy :aok: £6.25 per month would pay for one Kicks for Kids season ticket outright or even 10 people pitching in with £7.50 :agree: I am delighted to say that we are now a couple of squid away from raising £2,000 :thumbsup:

Also, watch this space for an auction of Hibee items which would make fantastic Christmas presents :wink: More details to follow......:rudolph

Jonnyboy
16-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks Jonnyboy :aok: £6.25 per month would pay for one Kicks for Kids season ticket outright or even 10 people pitching in with £7.50 :agree: I am delighted to say that we are now a couple of squid away from raising £2,000 :thumbsup:

Also, watch this space for an auction of Hibee items which would make fantastic Christmas presents :wink: More details to follow......:rudolph

Excellent :aok:

Fred Perry
16-11-2013, 10:42 PM
An auction you say ? Looking forward to that!
Im sure everyone will dig deep to put money directly into the managers fund!

FranckSuzy
16-11-2013, 11:12 PM
An auction you say ? Looking forward to that!
Im sure everyone will dig deep to put money directly into the managers fund!

Jimmy Boco has kindly advised that he will donate an item so be sure to get your bid in early :wink: :greengrin

:agree: All the money raised from ST sales will go to TB to spend wisely

FranckSuzy
16-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Many thanks to the posters who donated to Leith Links today :thumbsup: We have now raised more than £2,000 :not worth

Jonnyboy
17-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Many thanks to the posters who donated to Leith Links today :thumbsup: We have now raised more than £2,000 :not worth

FranckSuzy
22-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks to a member of the Hibee family, this (http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/11/leith-links-initiative-helps-kids-attend-games-at-easter-road/) article appeared in The Edinburgh Reporter yesterday. This matches another (http://www.leithermagazine.com/2013/11/16/kicks-kids.html) which appeared in The Leither on Wednesday :wink:

On the back of these articles, quite a few donations have been made to Leith Links, including one from a Hibs Director :wink: :thumbsup: :not worth

Please 'Like' us on Facebook www.facebook.com/leithlinks4kids (http://www.facebook.com/leithlinks4kids) to find out more, or follow us on Twitter - @leithlinks4kids

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
22-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks to a member of the Hibee family, this (http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/11/leith-links-initiative-helps-kids-attend-games-at-easter-road/) article appeared in The Edinburgh Reporter yesterday. This matches another (http://www.leithermagazine.com/2013/11/16/kicks-kids.html) which appeared in The Leither on Wednesday :wink:

On the back of these articles, quite a few donations have been made to Leith Links, including one from a Hibs Director :wink: :thumbsup: :not worth

Please 'Like' us on Facebook www.facebook.com/leithlinks4kids (http://www.facebook.com/leithlinks4kids) to find out more, or follow us on Twitter - @leithlinks4kids

GGTTH

Just gets better and better Suzy :agree:

FranckSuzy
22-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Just gets better and better Suzy :agree:

It certainly does John :thumbsup: Just had an email from Irvine Welsh, advising that he's shipped 2 signed hardback books to me for LL auction prizes :not worth