PDA

View Full Version : HibernianTV International

Greendub
19-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Can anyone tell me if you can just buy certain games this season? And how much they are?

PeeJay
19-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Can anyone tell me if you can just buy certain games this season? And how much they are?

Service is available on a match-by-match basis, at a pay-per-view price of £10 ...

Greendub
19-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Cheers PeeJay, I can make a good few games a season so buying the season ticket is pointless.

PeeJay
19-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Cheers PeeJay, I can make a good few games a season so buying the season ticket is pointless.

It was a great stream last night - it would be super if Hibs TV could provide a similar stream quality ....

Martin
19-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Hibs TV Xtra will also be available for £10 per game next season at www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra. This gives us Hibernian commentary rather than no commentary or someone based in London.

Greendub
19-07-2013, 02:49 PM
That would be good if hibs had as good a stream as malmö's

on commentary, does cliff pike do anyone else's nut in or just me?

andrew sleight and the other guy would be much better IMO

The Green Goblin
19-07-2013, 06:09 PM

Thats a wee bit harsh, no? The team who do Hibs tv strike me as really dedicated to what they do. I'm really glad there's guys who put the time in to providing the overseas fans with a great matchday experience and I think they all do a grand job.

The Green Goblin
19-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Hibs Xtra season ticket this season is all league and cup games at ER for 150.00. Same cup final ticket priority (one ticket each) as ST holders and excerpts from The Hibernian by email. A good deal.

Frank Moon
19-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Aye his wife Alison!!

cabbageandribs1875
19-07-2013, 06:15 PM

think yourself lucky you even got commentary last night(assuming you meant last night) pays my £5 every month and haven't even watched anything on the site for that, relied on it just the one time for commentary last night and got approx 15 mins worth...then it went dead :bitchy: loady **** :(

Greendub
19-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Nah, I pay for hibs TV and hibs TV international, I know it's biased but he's no very good IMO

I paid for the malmö stream last night, I didn't know what they were saying but the quality was very good.

ive had problems with the hibs feed before, canni mind the game, could of been against the merricks but SOL came on and pike said "we'll let the international viewers enjoy SOL" then it went off :-/

Greendub
19-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Thats a wee bit harsh, no? The team who do Hibs tv strike me as really dedicated to what they do. I'm really glad there's guys who put the time in to providing the overseas fans with a great matchday experience and I think they all do a grand job.

I'm grateful too, I wouldn't get to enjoy the hibees as much without it, maybe does ma nut in was a bit harsh, but I was only gauging opinion, if nobody agrees then fine, just me being a knob haha

The Green Goblin
19-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm grateful too, I wouldn't get to enjoy the hibees as much without it, maybe does ma nut in was a bit harsh, but I was only gauging opinion, if nobody agrees then fine, just me being a knob haha

I'm not having a go GD. No worries. (Better watch the name-calling though - the admins'll be onto you for self abuse :greengrin)

Greendub
19-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I know man, I don't take things personally, well apart from that guy just called me a knob :grr:

Martin
19-07-2013, 07:44 PM

What's he done to upset you? lol :wink:

IberianHibernian
19-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Agree that the coverage from Malmo was good but no better than what we got from Hibs Xtra at the end of last season . Still not clear why there are Hibs Xtra and Hibs International - I pay for both but thought second was now more to help club and to get interviews and match highlights than as an alternative to Hibs Xtra . Anyway huge thanks to commentators and others involved - first priority for me is to see matches but think coverage of matches is also a great way to promote club and hope ways are found to make more people see Hibs online .

Martin
20-07-2013, 09:00 AM
XTRA was brought along as the majority of the overseas community was not happy there was not a Hibs commentary alongside the picture.

XTRA fills the gap of the picture along with the Hibs commentary. XTRA also is now compatible with mobile and tablet devices.

PeeJay
20-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Nothing against Andrew and the "other guy" who will probably be Martin Glancy I guess, I think the guys all do a great job, but I have to disagree with you about Cliff Pike: I think Cliff's commentary is passionate, "biased" in a Hibs way, and enjoyable, and I always look forward to the half-time pie report: he's unbeatable on that!!! :greengrin

Greendub
20-07-2013, 10:24 AM
That's fair enough, I wasn't looking for a revolution haha

dont think it was Martin though, it's the lad who took over from Andrew during the first half of the raith game.

like I've said I'll still happily pay for it all, and I am grateful that the guys do this :-)

MileHighBees
20-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Nothing against Andrew and the "other guy" who will probably be Martin Glancy I guess, I think the guys all do a great job, but I have to disagree with you about Cliff Pike: I think Cliff's commentary is passionate, "biased" in a Hibs way, and enjoyable, and I always look forward to the half-time pie report: he's unbeatable on that!!! :greengrin

Agree 100% that all the HTV guys do a fantastic job :top marks
IMHO The only way it could be improved would be to bring back the legend that is Mr John Campbell :not worth
His commentaries in the early days of Hibernian Interactive Live (usually alongside Willie Dunn) were brilliant.
I'm sure many a PC speaker throughout the world was 'blown-out' when Hibs scored in such games :greengrin
Simply incredible passion and enthusiasm for Hibernian Football Club
:hibees

FranckSuzy
20-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Agree 100% that all the HTV guys do a fantastic job :top marks
IMHO The only way it could be improved would be to bring back the legend that is Mr John Campbell :not worth
His commentaries in the early days of Hibernian Interactive Live (usually alongside Willie Dunn) were brilliant.
I'm sure many a PC speaker throughout the world was 'blown-out' when Hibs scored in such games :greengrin
Simply incredible passion and enthusiasm for Hibernian Football Club
:hibees

You should PM him and see if he'll resurrect his media career :)

hibbybrian
20-07-2013, 05:44 PM
You should PM him and see if he'll resurrect his media career :)

I don't think JC is the sticking point though Suzy :wink:

OsloHibs
20-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I had an email this week for £35.00 for the season instead of £6.99 a month. Anyone else had this?

The Green Goblin
21-07-2013, 12:04 AM
I had an email this week for £35.00 for the season instead of £6.99 a month. Anyone else had this?

No... I don't think that's for full overseas access though. I have had a couple of these "offers" before, but when I have followed the link in the email, the "offer" has been nowhere to be seen.

Nazz
21-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Hibs Xtra season ticket this season is all league and cup games at ER for 150.00. Same cup final ticket priority (one ticket each) as ST holders and excerpts from The Hibernian by email. A good deal.

It's unfortunate that they didn't have the resources to check the ad before they put the offer up on the website http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

Edit: I am clicking on the ad but it doesn't link to anywhere.

Edit: but I must give them some credit. The HTV calendar is in Chinese, just for me.

hongkonghibee
21-07-2013, 10:20 AM
It's unfortunate that they didn't have the resources to check the ad before they put the offer up on the website http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

Edit: I am clicking on the ad but it doesn't link to anywhere.

Edit: but I must give them some credit. The HTV calendar is in Chinese, just for me.

Here is the link:
http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

hongkonghibee
21-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I would like to encourage all overseas supporters to purchase the HibsTV Xtra season ticket. This service was re-introduced last December after a year-long campaign and a lot of emails and meetings with Club officials. We wanted to be able to watch live all home matches from Easter Road with a Hibs supporter biased commentary, and we have succeeded,. Please support this product to prove we were right that there is a big demand for this service and that it can be profitable for the Club to run. We managed to sell over 50 half-season tickets last season , and I hope if all overseas supporters sign up to the new season ticket we should reach the 100 mark.
I believe that on this occasion the Club have really listened to our requests. IMO 150 pounds is good value to be able to watch all matches from Easter Rd including all cup matches and European matches. It also comes with the main part of the matchday programme emailed to us. Also gives us priority for cup final tickets (on a par with season ticket holders).
To purchase Hibs TV Xtra season ticket here is the link

The reason the Club has also continued with the separate International TV (run by perform - with non-hibs commentary), is because it means away matches that are on Sky/ESPN/Alba can also be watched by overseas supporters. International TV ONLY shows matches that are on domestic TV (so not all home matches ). It costs $59.99/year and includes all the interviews/highlights on Hibs TV too. I have purchased both products so I can watch nearly all matches this season.

Nazz
21-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Here is the link:

I did put the link in my original post but I can't see where to actually buy. the 'click here' doesn't work.

hongkonghibee
21-07-2013, 12:13 PM
I did put the link in my original post but I can't see where to actually buy. the 'click here' doesn't work.

click "register" for new subscriber
click "add more" for old subscriber
That works for me.

Nazz
21-07-2013, 01:12 PM
click "register" for new subscriber
click "add more" for old subscriber
That works for me.

OK, thanks. I was referring to the 'Breaking News'. There are no links to the register/buy pages.

'Add more' seems a strange choice of words. I wouldn't think to click there.

hongkonghibee
21-07-2013, 03:04 PM
OK, thanks. I was referring to the 'Breaking News'. There are no links to the register/buy pages.

'Add more' seems a strange choice of words. I wouldn't think to click there.

Yes I agree. The "events" tab on the official site to access Hibernian International TV is a strange one too.

Greendub
21-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Will the 2nd leg be available for the malmö fans to buy?

just a though to bring in some more cash

Billy
21-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Will the 2nd leg be available for the malmö fans to buy?

just a though to bring in some more cash

yes.

Martin
21-07-2013, 04:53 PM
'Add more' seems a strange choice of words.

Fair Point - I've changed the wording.....

Nazz
22-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Fair Point - I've changed the wording.....

Thanks Martin. I see you've also changed the ad top right, but please proofread before you update. Simple spelling mistakes don't look professional.